Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan


351 to 400 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

"Should we visit Toridan's house soon? It is on Nar Street in southern Midtown in a neighborhood full of rundown empty houses." Railina says excitedly, proud of the wealth of knowledge her and Chelin found.

EDIT


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

"Yes, we need to see Toridan's house, and see if we can gain entry. Perhaps we can interview the man. We should leave right after we eat... By the way, have we come to agreement about what our company should be named?"


Its Toridan house that is on Nar Street. Sorry if the post wasn't clear about that


Edited post above to reflect that.


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Chelin Karos wrote:

When everyone else meets up the next morning, Chelin will share what he has picked up with the others, looking to Ekard who has proved quite knowledgeable about the underworld thus far.

"It sounds like we may know who we are facing now. With that knowledge at hand, do you know anything about this Cran fellow? How big of a gang does he run with? What is his style?"

Knowledge(local) check on Toridan Cran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Ekard sits on his chair yawning and rubbing his aching feet. "At least this Cran fellow is making it easy for us. A neighborhood of empty houses means no nosy neighbors and probably no run-ins with the watch. It's been a long night and a longer morning. I should sell off our latest batch of loot and we should get some sleep. Tony seems energetic, but I'm beat. Another evening venture sounds like the best thing.

We'll need to decide how we want to approach this guy. Are we going in gangbusters, or do we try to talk to the man?"


You asking how we are going in reminds me of a long running in person game I was in. Every time we were trying to get the drop on someone at least one of us would turn to the others and ask if we were going in with a smiley face or a frowny face.

Chelin frowns a bit and considers the question. "I do not wish to set out to be a murderer. I do have concern though that if we simply 'talk' to this man and warn him away, he will take it out on the girl in spite. I think we need to do a show of force so that he knows without a doubt that he could not hide behind his guard and be safe if he harms the girl."


"A show of force? Something for me to do then." Pol grinned.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard grins. "A savage with a scythe. Always good for a show, but I'm guessing we'll have to do a bit more than just have you flex your muscles and look mean."

"This guy may not be big time, but he is a boss. We'll need to come up with a plan. Me, I'm fond of the idea of letting ourselves in and showing the guy we're not fooling around. Maybe tap a couple of his boys on the head and let him no we're being polite this time around. Of course, if he thinks we're bluffing, it could turn into a blood bath."


Ekard thinks on Toridan Cran and you realize you don't remember Toridan but you do remember a Linech Cran, a half-orc who runs a sizable operation out of the Rivergate District, your pretty sure he had a brother who he had a falling out with sometime ago, could be that Toridan is the self same brother.

give me a diplomacy (gather info) check if you want to dig any deeper


bump! hey what are you guys doin? going after Cran.


Can't speak for the rest, but it's been a busy week. I'm not really the party face, so I doubt I can do much digging.

Pol decides to check on what people know about Linech Cran. He heads for the Rivergate District and starts asking around discreetly. Diplomacy away! 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Upon failure to do so, and if it's totally safe, Pol bares his teeth at the most suspicious looking guy and becomes more 'persuasive' in his efforts. Intimidate! Rawr. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

And just for concisement, a sense motive check if anyone decides bluffing. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.


Human Oracle 1

Assuming Ekard told the rest of us about what he found out...

Albrek returns to Delver's Square, hoping that someone there would know something about Linech Crane.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Sorry, didn't think I ran in those circles. Hope the old lady doesn't find out...;)

Tony goes out and asks a few pertinent questions...
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Hehe Tony, ohh and we will assume he did tell ya all about it.

Pol you don't have much looking talking much less scaring any info out of anyone though you think that at least one or two of the people you speak with in the Rivergate district knew more than they were letting on. most just told you that they didn't know who you were refering to.

Tony and Albrek have a little more luck between the two of you. You are able to piece together enough info. The basics of which amount to that Linech and Toridan are brothers but that they no longer run in the same circles, apparently a few years ago they had a falling out over some minor argument. Toridan had been wanting to start his own organization. Not to long after that Toridan set up shop on Nar street but his gang has never quite amounted to the size of Linech's. You are also able to find out that they are definately half-orc. Both are reputed to be pretty tough and run with pretty good group of thugs though Toridan's crew is much smaller.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Are we able to get any actual numbers, like how many thugs he normally keeps around him at his place on Nar street?


what little info you are able to get doesn't nail down exactly how many just that its not a big gang, from what you would guess from the description maybe no more than 10 or 12 at any given time not including Toridan.


Sorry, I had also thought the diplo check was just for Ekard

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Diplomacy, likely among my guard friends


Chelin Karos wrote:

Sorry, I had also thought the diplo check was just for Ekard

1d20+7 Diplomacy, likely among my guard friends

Your able to find out much the same as Pol :x You think though that these friends of yours may be on the payola which is probably why you weren't able to get anything out of them :x


Male Halfling Rogue 1

*watches a tumbleweed blow through the thread* I know holidays are hectic, but where'd everyone go?

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Ekard will push a little further, seeing if any of his other contacts have dirt on the Crans.


i feel ya on that one Ekard, i know some of us are around but i will give it another day or so before full blown panic mode starts as i know some peeps are around.

You're contacts pretty much give you the same dirt you already know, where Toridan stays, the past falling out and that Toridan got a small gang he runs out of Nar Street.

what's the plan guys?


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Yes, we should define what we want to do first.
Do we want information on what they wanted with the girl? Then do we sneak in and search his office or try to squeeze it out of him by interrogation?
Do we want to discourage him from trying anything criminal against the girl in the future? Then do we intimidate him or kill him?


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"I'm not an assassin. I don't want to just bust in and knife the man. Besides, he may have had a falling out with his brother, but family being family, if we kill him outright we might have a blood feud on our hands.

That said, I think we should put the squeeze on him. We find out why he wants the girl, then convince him that he should change his mind about it, if he wants to keep his health, that is."


Chelin will nod in agreement with Ekard. "I don't wish to kill except as a last resort. But we do need to make sure he knows that if she isn't safe, he isn't safe. Let him know that if we can get to him once we can get to him again."

He pauses and grins a bit. "We should probably see what we can do about making it look easy, no matter how difficult a time we actually have. If it appears that we just barely managed to get close to him, then he may just hire a few extra guards and shrug our warning off. But if we show ourselves with a flourish, he won't be so confident in additional defenses doing anything but angering us more."

I say we stake out the place for the moment and see what we can pick up about his coming and goings. If we can get him alone quietly, all the better, but I know I am not alone in being not very sneaky. If we can find out something about his habits that would let us set a trap for him, that would be pretty prime too. Maybe he is a gambler or a wencher or something and we can let out some hints of something that would get him in a place where he wasn't as guarded as normal.


Okay Guys I need you make a decision on this, I am going to give about a day or we are going with the last plan presented, as the plot hasn't moved forward in about 2 weeks and not just because of the holiday


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Agreed. Let's stake the place out and find out what we can. I can also check with the local police and find out what they know about him. Or Chelin can, with his connections.


"Sounds like a good plan, askin' the guard if they know anything about him, but it worries me a little that he may have influence and spies in the guard also. What if he finds out we're askin' about him?" Railina responds with a worried look on her face.


Chelin considers Railina's words and nods slightly. "Unfortunately, Railina may be right. The guards of the town are not above corruption and the regular patrols in that area may well be in the man's pocket. We may be best off learning what we can on our own."


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"Yeah, I say we leave the bulls out of it. If we start askin' around the local guardposts about Cran and then he turns up dead or hurt days later, who do you think they'll be askin' after?"

Ekard runs a hand through his hair, looking at his party members appraisingly.

"We don't want to go as a group, or leastways to look like one. We stand out too much. I'm thinkin' we head that way together, then I break off and take a gander at Cran's section of Nar street, see what hidey-holes we'll have. If he's livin' in an abandoned neighborhood, we've got no local folk to blend in with. Anyone will stand out, so we'll want to find another building to watch from, maybe across the street and upstairs."

Unless anyone has any additions, I say we go this way. We take time staking out the place, watch the comings and goings, and then go in and shake him down during the night.


Nodding with Ekard's suggestion, Railina jumps in after Ekard finishes "We move to our new house tonight hopefully, get this plan rollin'.

Sounds like a plan, lets go ahead with that.


Human Oracle 1

"That plan sounds good to me."


You guys stake out Toridan's house for several hours from inside a rundown house a few houses away. You see four thugs come and go over the course of the day. You don't see anyone else come and go. But from what you had earlier gathered; you are sure Toridan and maybe two others haven't shown there faces.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"Hmm. So let's say we're right and he's got a half-dozen guys in there with him. Chances are that the other two might be guards for the night shift. So if we go in well after dark, we've got two awake and alert for trouble...three if Toridan is a night owl.

If we're quick and quiet enough, we might catch him in his nightgown." Ekard grins.


Human Oracle 1

"I'm not stealthy, to say the least. Chelin, shall we keep watch out here and wait for them to raise an alarm?"


Pol, silently going along for much of the planning, nods at Albrek's suggestion. "We'll keep ready in case things go sour in there." He adds.


Chelin nods at the idea as well. "Indeed. I will stay out of sight with the others upon Justice. We will be ready to join you as soon as you need."

He'll glance to the others. "Do any of you who use the magical arts have a way to contact us beyond simply a shout?"


"I cannot Chelin." Railina replies with a sigh.

Myrp probably could, but he is MIA at the moment.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

"Sounds good. I am somewhat stealthy, so I can help there."


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"All right, how's this sound? The light of foot will make the initial entry. But the noisier folk need to be close...say, in the doorway of the building across the street. That way, if we're staring at a sentry as we open the door, and he raises the alarm, you can come running to join the fight."

Ekard looks around a bit at the neighborhood.

"Unless Toridan has done some work on the place, picking the lock on the door should be easy. So if Myrp can do this magic talking bit, then I think we're ready to go."


Okay for those of you who will be sneaking up I need stealth checks and for those of you who will be hiding nearby I need perception checks


Human Oracle 1

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


1d20 ⇒ 4 Perception check


Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Despite a slightly noisy Tony, Toridan's men don't notice Railina, Ekard or Tony creeping up to there house. You three are able to slide up next to the building below a half open window. You hear the sounds of laughter and clinking of what you assume are metal cups inside. Your best guess is that some of the men not on duty must be drinking. On your way over you did notice that there are two men outside the front door. These two seem to be scanning the street to keep an eye on things, they don't seem to have notice anything so far and your pretty sure one of them is sleeping.

Everyone else:
You find several nearby doors to hide in and have a good view of the front of the building. Everyone except Albrek notices as well that one of the guys guarding the front door is asleep.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

How far to the men at the door from where we're at?


from where you are it is ten feet to the corner and then another 10 feet to the door they stand infront of around the corner.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard whispers to Railina: "We've only got one guard awake at the door. You think you can lure him around the corner to us? We'll jump him here, then deal with the other guard."


I am guessing that I was with Albrek on not having noticed the guard since my roll was even lower than his.

At the moment, Chelin is just waiting for the stealthy ones to give a signal, watching as carefully as he can for any sign of it.

351 to 400 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.