Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan


251 to 300 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

So Railina opens up combat by attempting to attack the guy at the door however in the process of trying to remove the towel from her head she aims wrong and the ray goes wide and hit the doorframe instead. Chelin rushes in to help/save his maiden and runs the elf at the door through and the elf dies sword buried in his gut.

Meanwhile inside the warehouse Ekard uses his sling to attack the elf on the platform and misses terribly. Tony down by door attack the nearest doberman and nearly takes it head off in the process it however yelps and seems to be ready to bite back. Before he has a chance to bite Tony the dober is killed by Pol when he steps up with his scythe.


The remaining two dogs attack trying to bites some ankles off, but only bite there tongues in the process as they attempt to go after Pol and Tony.

With all the action down below the elf up top misses in his attempts to skewer Tony.


As myrp has not post in sometime I am going to do his action for him

Myrp tries casting Color spray at the remaining dogs

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


and does a great job getting them both. Both dobermans go down due to failed save and are currently stunned and blinded and unconsciou.

Top of the order Railina your up


Human Oracle 1

Don't I get an action?

Noticing that all the nearby enemies are out of the fight, Albrek enters the warehouse itself to hopefully find the other elf.


Albrek Dwarfson wrote:

Don't I get an action?

Noticing that all the nearby enemies are out of the fight, Albrek enters the warehouse itself to hopefully find the other elf.

oops my bad; go ahead and take your action, the elf who is left though is within 40 feet of the door, but he is up on a platform


Human Oracle 1
Lord T wrote:
Albrek Dwarfson wrote:

Don't I get an action?

Noticing that all the nearby enemies are out of the fight, Albrek enters the warehouse itself to hopefully find the other elf.

oops my bad; go ahead and take your action, the elf who is left though is within 40 feet of the door, but he is up on a platform

Well then, since I don't have any ranged weapons I'm going inside to try to find a way to get up to him.


Albrek goes rushing in after Myrp color spray and sees a elf with crossbow up above on a platform. Albrek see a latter he can climb twenty feet away that leads to the platform above. The Elf is ten feet away from the ladder


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Round 2

Tony, seeing no targets on the street, rushes through the door and tries to see an enemy to engage.


Male Loresong Faen Illusionist 1

Myrp gulps, then giggles with glee at the effect of his color spray, doing the funky chicken dance in a small circle.

Sorry my dot disappeared, and I lost track for a while. Should be back now


In the warehouse you have the unconscious dobermans and an elf on a platform that requires climb a ladder to get to him(dc 10) climb check; aside from that you don't see any other combatants.


Railina rushes into the warehouse and lets another ray fire from her finger towards the Elf thug on the platform.

Ice Ray Ranged Touch 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Chelin will move forward to get a good view of the elf up above, dropping his longsword temporarily to pull out a javelin, throwing it up at the elf.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Attack

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Damage

Edit: Sigh.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Round 3

Tony sheathes his sword and starts climbing up to the platform overhead.

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard curses his luck, reloads, and fires another shot at the crossbowman.

Sling attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Railina steps over the threshold and blast off another ice ray and hits the elf square in the chest however he takes the hit and continues to breath. Meanwhile Chelin tries to help out and can't quite make the shot he was hoping for with his javelin and winds up putting the javelin in a crate instead. Tony tries climb the nearby ladder and can't seem to figure out how it works :X
Ekard tries as well to hit the crossbowman but fails again to connect.

Pol your up


It occurs to me that I have no ranged weapons to speak of. hahaha.

Pol continues on, running past unconscious dogs and into the warehouse. Upon seeing the elf up in the platform, he searches himself for ranged options. Finding none, he resolves to find a way up the platform.


The elf reloads and again takes aim at tony. this time he connects and a bolt winds up in tony's shoulder.

take 4 damage


Seeing that the thug is injured, Railina finishes a quick incantation and a small globe of acid flies forth from her hand toward the thug.

Ranged Touch Acid Splash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Round 4; Current HP: 9 (69%)

Tony, having slipped off the ladder at first and then shot, cursed in an ungentlemanly way and again started to climb the ladder up.

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


was waiting for myrp to post again

Railina shoots her acid at the elf and again it hits him however he stands still and continues to breath despite the fact that his armor now smokes.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Assuming Myrp doesn't take the last one down...

Muttering, "Third time's a charm...," Ekard loads up his sling and fires again.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Ekard hits the elf as well but again the elf still breaths and tony scrambles up the ladder this time with a little more finesse.


Male Loresong Faen Illusionist 1

Myrp holds out his hand and lets forth a blinding ray towards the last opponent.

Blinding Ray (1d20+3=6)...and illuminates the wall behind him, making a frightening shadow puppet but not affecting him in the slightest.


The elf backs up and again fires at Tony but the bolt goes whizzing past Tony's head as he is just about up the ladder. Its about then Myrp's shadow puppetry occurs.

Round 5 Railina your up


"You are a very hardy Elf, but not enough!" Railina yells as she shoots another globe of acid at the thug.

Ranged Touch Acid Splash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"Lothian's buttermilk buttocks! This is taking way too long." Ekard will drop the sling and draw his shortsword. He'll attempt to move atop the crates to a position where he can leap from them to the platform, hopefully to move into a flanking position with Tony.


If the thug is still up after Railina, Chelin will draw out another javelin and let it fly so as not to get in the way of the others who are climbing up after him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Uh, how long will it take me to climb up?


Tony Nedraid wrote:
Uh, how long will it take me to climb up?

you start the round at the top of the ladder


Railina hits the elf again with acid however he takes the hit and continues reloading. Chelin again fails to connect.

ekard give me a 2 jump checks to see if you are able to make to the platform and also a tumble check


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Check #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19; Check #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28; Check #3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Round 5
Current HP: 9 (69%)

Tony, having reached the top of the ladder, does an acrobatic flip to land on the platform. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Tony then grins at the elf thug and slowly draws his rapier.

"Now then; where were we?"


The acrobatic twins (Tony and Ekard) in about the same amount of time do flips and jumps onto the platform. With 5 feet of the elf and wind up flanking the poor guy.

Tony you can still make an attack this round


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Rapier Attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Rapier Damage
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

D'oh! It's not my fault! The platform wobbled...


Tony Nedraid wrote:

Rapier Attack

1d20+6

Rapier Damage
1d6+3

D'oh! It's not my fault! The platform wobbled...

lol, pol you up again.


Male Loresong Faen Illusionist 1

Myrp attempts another blinding ray at the dastardly opponent.

Ranged touch, into Melee Blinding Ray (1d20-1=1)

And the shadow puppet show continues....sigh...


Railina sizes up her target again and shoots yet another globe of acid at the thug.

Ranged Touch Acid Splash 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Human Oracle 1

Albrek continues to wait on the ground, wishing other people weren't taking up all the melee space on the platform. Besides, his armor wasn't designed for going up ladders.


sorry, incredibly busy weekend.

Pol decides to head back and look for a ranged weapon from the dead elf.

Lord T:
Or anything of value. While everyone's busy and not looking, of course.


Pol Voron wrote:

sorry, incredibly busy weekend.

Pol decides to head back and look for a ranged weapon from the dead elf. ** spoiler omitted **

you search the elf; and find his longsword is very well crafted, and that the studded leather is also very well crafted. He also has a short bow of normal crafting, 20 arrows, set of thieves tools, 19 sp and a gold ring.


The constant onslaught from Railina seems to be taking its toll on the elf. He still stands after the last attack but he looks like he is barely hanging in there. Down below where Railina, Pol and Albrek wait for the acrobatic twins to finish off the elf; they notice that the dogs are starting to come to, after being unconscious for the last several rounds.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard has a sudden epiphany. He drops his shortsword on the platform and pulls a sap from his belt, swinging a high arc for the thug's head.

Adding in the flanking bonus...

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Damage:1d4 ⇒ 3(nonlethal)

Edit: Aaagh! The dice program fails me once again.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Round 6
Current HP: 9 (69%)

Rapier thrust:
1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Rapier damage:
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Chelin will hurl one last Javalin at the Elf above(assuming he still stands on my turn) before picking up his sword again so that he is ready next round for the dogs.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Attack
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage

DM, can you repost an initiative order again along with where we are in the count as of your posting, just so we have an idea of who is coming up?


Railina turns as she hears the dogs begin to awaken. "The pups are up!" She exclaims to the group. She then brings her rapier into an offensive position to strike the first dog that approaches.

Ready Rapier Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Chelin Karos wrote:

Chelin will hurl one last Javalin at the Elf above(assuming he still stands on my turn) before picking up his sword again so that he is ready next round for the dogs.

1d20+3 Attack
1d4+2 Damage

DM, can you repost an initiative order again along with where we are in the count as of your posting, just so we have an idea of who is coming up?

Railina 21
Chelian 18
Ekard 17
Tony 16
2 Doberman Pinchers & Pol 13
Elf Thug (door) 10
Elf Thug (up high) 9
Albrek 8
Myrp
Currently Pol's turn this round as dogs won't be up till next round. And Tony stop throwing out round numbers hold off till I ask for the next round of actions. I'll announce the round otherwise you confuse the group and myself. I am going to call this Round 6.


Tony Nedraid wrote:

Round 6

Current HP: 9 (69%)

Rapier thrust:
1d20+6+1
Rapier damage:
1d6+3

And with this attack Tony finally runs the elf through as Chelin down below tries to throw another javelin and again misses, and Ekard tries to sap the now dead elf and fails to connect.

now it is pol's turn officially


I should really start declaring actions in advance. Am I too far from the dogs to coup de grace?

Pol decides that he doesn't want to fight the dogs while they're awake and swings at the nearest one with his scythe.
Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
If I can, I coup de grace.


coup de grace'd
Pol after finishing off digging through the elf's stuff notices the dogs coming to and coup de graces one of the dogs.

Albrek

251 to 300 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.