Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan


101 to 150 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

After ordering the house wine, Tony leans forward;
"Say, what should we do about a company name? Perhaps... The Ethishia's Seven?"
His eyes turn dreamy as he stares into the distance, a sappy grin on his face.


Human Oracle 1

"Wouldn't it be wiser to ask your lover's permission before you name a band of adventurers after her?"


Pol nods his thanks for the potion and pockets it. At hearing Tony's request, he rolled his eyes and groaned. "Gah. Don't think I've forgotten about 'The Ethishia's Two' stunt you pulled in the arena."

And with that, started eating. mmm, mushroom soup...


Chelin considers the question. "Perhaps the Seekers of Forgotten Knowledge? I suspect that each of us would wish to uncover lore which has been lost, whether hidden beneath the ruins of the city, left on a hidden scroll, or simply locked away within our own memories." With that last bit he looks at Railina pointedly.


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Railina wrote:
"Eh Ekard, you met any of the Pale Dogs, I mean any we didn't kill or knock out?" Railina asks with a laugh. "I'm with you guys, we should take care of this before we receive some night visits."

"None that I can put a name to. They're not the social type if you run with another outfit. Back in the Warrens we don't exactly make social calls or drop by for tea. If a gang member doesn't put a shiv in ya after you've handed over your purse, you can thank your stars you've met one of the nice fellas."


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Tony Nedraid wrote:

After ordering the house wine, Tony leans forward;

"Say, what should we do about a company name? Perhaps... The Ethishia's Seven?"
His eyes turn dreamy as he stares into the distance, a sappy grin on his face.

"Kill that noise. Just cause you've gone all moony over some bint doesn't mean our group needs to get saddled with her name. You want to impress her? Write her a love poem."

Ekard has decided to splurge a bit with the group's recent windfall of money. He orders and then digs into a stuffed game hen. He eats like it is his last meal, leaving nothing but the bones, and even sucking those clean. He tops off his meal with a slice of blackberry pie, leaving nary a crumb on the plate.

Chelin Karos wrote:
Chelin considers the question. "Perhaps the Seekers of Forgotten Knowledge? I suspect that each of us would wish to uncover lore which has been lost, whether hidden beneath the ruins of the city, left on a hidden scroll, or simply locked away within our own memories." With that last bit he looks at Railina pointedly.

"Sounds kinda uppity to me. I ain't seeking any knowledge, unless its to show me where a big cache of gold is being kept...or a bunch of ratmen willing to give up their tails so's I can collect the bounty."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony jumps to his feet, outraged.
"What?! Of course she would approve! What Lady would not like to have an adventuring band named after her! Venturing into the howling wilderness to destroy the monstrous enemies of Ptolus; diving to the noxious underground labyrinths in search of adventure..."
.
.
.
"Almost certainly!"
.
.
.
"Probably."
.
.
.
Tony sits down and mumbles; "Though maybe her mother might misunderstand; I don't want to offend her."
.
.
.
"Again."
.
.
.
He looks around; "Ah, perhaps another name might serve?"


So what loot did you guys want to sell?


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Lord T wrote:
So what loot did you guys want to sell?

heavy crossbow & 12 bolts, 2 light crossbows & 20 bolts, 1 short sword 2 greatclubs, 3 sets of thieves' tools


I am going to take a guess your going to be doing the bartering Ekard, so go ahead and roll a diplomacy check


After finishing her food, Railina looks over at Ekard's plate. "That was some darn good game hen eh Ekard? And the pie was fantastic."

In response to Chelin's suggestion for the party's name, Railina scratches her head for a moment. "Though I'm definitely seeking some forgotten knowledge, I'm not partial to one name or another. I'll leave it up to you fellas."


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Lord T wrote:
I am going to take a guess your going to be doing the bartering Ekard, so go ahead and roll a diplomacy check

Diplomacy Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Ekard Keller wrote:
Lord T wrote:
I am going to take a guess your going to be doing the bartering Ekard, so go ahead and roll a diplomacy check
Diplomacy Roll: 1d20+6

Ekard

Spoiler:

When you go out the next morning to sell all the gear at Rastor's, during your hour or so of bartering your able to swindle the shopkeeper to pay full price for used gear and get 167 gp for all the gear.


Male Loresong Faen Illusionist 1

Myrp quietly eats his meal, not saying anything (that's out of character for him, but he is awed at the moment), and observes his new companions, trying to memorize their names and what they do. From time to time he pinches himself...Is he really here with these adventurers...Is he an adventurer now...Is he crazy?...and with that last thought he hurriedly downs a swallow of wine.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Lord T:
Ekard will skim 27gp off that total immediately. The remaining 140gp he'll pack up and proudly return with to the party.

When the party meets again the next morning, Ekard walks up grinning like the cat that ate the canary, placing a sizable bag of coin on the table with a loud thunk.

"The shopkeepers in this section of town are pushovers. I talked him up to eight silver on the gold for that used gear. That gives us an even twenty thrones apiece, just from the gear. Not bad for a quick alley scuffle."

Ekard slides the coin out of the bag and begins stacking coins in a quick and efficient manner. You get the idea he's done this before. When he finishes, he slides a stack in front of each person.

"There. 25 thrones and 6 shields for each of us. (25gp, 6sp) There's a pittance left over. I'll add it to our next score. Otherwise, we can use it for times when we need a bit of coin and don't want to take up a collection, like paying for this morning's breakfast."


"Good morn Ekard." Railina says cheerfully. Looking at the coins Ekard pours out of the pouch, Railina's eyebrows raise. "Aye, you musta charmed the pants off em. I could get used to this." She adds, nodding her head in acceptance.


The gnome will take some time to ensure that Justice is well taken care of bright and early in the morning and that she's had a bit of morning exercise before going to join the others.

"Good morning as well, Ekard and to you too, Railina. It is quite fortunate that we have someone who is so skilled at bartering to ensure we get a proper price. I imagine it will only be more important once we begin to secure proper treasures."


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard runs a hand through his hair and looks down at his feet, toeing at a spot on the floor with the toe of his boot.

"Er, yeah, about that. I'm from the Warrens. I'm used to dealing with small time scores. Aside from the windfall that bought my way into Midtown, this is the most coin I've ever seen in one place. We start collecting gems and art and such...I'm not really going to have a clue what its all worth. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure when I see a small, sparkly rock set in a ring that I should take it. I just don't know how much to ask for it from a fence. So...I suppose what I'm saying is that I'll need a little teaching."

Ekard looks a bit abashed, and changes the subject.

"So what's for breakfast in this place?"


Looking at Ekard with a grin. "At least you know you have the skills to make it happen once you learn." Railina boasts with a wink.

"I'm gonna have me some grilled pork sausage links, they sound good."


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard grins back. "Yeah, I suppose so."

"Herring and oatmeal for me. And one of those cherry-filled honeybuns."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

"The mutton chops for me; and whatever laager you might have on tap." Tony said to the waiter. You could tell he was thinking deeply.


Chelin will watch all the others ordering their heaping plates and will take a more restrained approach to his own meal. "Just some bread and cheese for me, Waiter. Some goat's milk to drink, thank you."


Around 12 noon on Kingsday a messenger comes with a letter from a Brother Fabitor; he hand delivers the letter to Albrek.

Albrek

Spoiler:

Dear Brother Albrek, I hope this message finds you safely, a matter of some import has come to my attention this morning. A matter that it seems you have a stake in. I would like to ask an audience with you. If you would be so kind as to come by St. Gustav's at your earliest convenience.

Your Brother in Faith,
Brother Fabitor

P.S.: Please have those new friends of yours accompany you.


Human Oracle 1

Let's just assume everyone's in the same room at that point.

Albrek hands the messenger five silver after taking the message.

"Hmm. An old friend of mine from the Church wishes to speak with us immediately. Not me, us. Come along, we shouldn't keep him waiting, and I'm going to meet him whether or not the rest of you join me."

With that, Albrek leaves for Saint Gustav's Chapel.


Hurrying to finish her food, Railina quickly wipes her face and catches up to Albrek. "Oh I'm so excited, finally get to do some real good in this town."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony hesitates, about to eat. "What? All of us? We don't even have a name yet!" He hastily downs the rest of his beer and wraps a couple of the chops in a handkerchief to go before hurrying after the rest of the company.


You arrive at St. Gustav's and are greeted by an acolyte who immediately takes you back to Brother Fabitor's office. Unfortunately when you arrive he is not in his office. The acolyte ask you to be seated while he finds Brother Fabitor. After several long minutes a priest enters the room he stands just under six feet tall and has long brown hair that he keeps pulled back away from his face. His robes seem somewhat disheveled and covered in various stains as if he has been cleaning. He goes first to Albrek and embraces him briefly.

"It has been far too long since I have seen you my old friend. By Lothian it has been too long. How is your search for your true faith going?" he smiles and then looks at the assembled group and briefly walks up to each of you and shakes your hand and introduces himself to you as Brother Fabitor Thisk.

"I am so glad all of you have come to see me...there is a matter that has been bothering me all morning since I heard about it...." he grimaces as he walks around his small desk and has a seat behind it in his chair. He then leans forward

"I hear word you saved one of my congregation members last eve, a beautiful lass by the name of Phon Quartermain...."


Male Loresong Faen Illusionist 1

Myrp decides to go along with the group, and maybe they won't notice that he has joined them. If he keeps hanging around, then maybe he'll be noticed as an adventurer as well.


Human Oracle 1
Lord T wrote:
"I hear word you saved one of my congregation members last eve, a beautiful lass by the name of Phon Quartermain...."

"Brother, I'm not searching for my true faith. I have already been awakened to it."

Albrek sighs and sits down. "Ah, yes. Phon. Brother, someone hired the thugs that attacked her. Their orders asked for her by name. Do you know anyone who would have motive for this?"


"It pains me to admit I am not sure of the name of the who but...I can say this much, my dear sweet Phon though she hasn't admitted it to anyone I suspect is pregnant, and not from a husband or the sort. Nay I suspect, Nay know for a fact she had an affair with someone very recently. Though she has never said who he was, I believe the affair is over. However I worry for her sake. She is an impressionable young woman. She doesn't understand the gravity of her situation and I fear now more than ever she has gotten herself into terribly huge amount of trouble. And after last night I worry how huge it is...." he sighs deeply and a faraway look comes into his eyes.
"It saddens me so much that such a devoted Lothainite such as she, has gotten into this much trouble..."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony looks confused.
"With respect, Brother, an unmarried pregnant girl is not completely unheard of. What kind of trouble could there possibly be? Aside from being ostracised by the church ladies..."


Human Oracle 1
Tony Nedraid wrote:

Tony looks confused.

"With respect, Brother, an unmarried pregnant girl is not completely unheard of. What kind of trouble could there possibly be? Aside from being ostracised by the church ladies..."

"The problem isn't her pregnancy. The problem is that the father seems to have hired thugs to beat her."


"Aye, you have read to the heart of the matter, Brother Albrek...This is what I fear the most, as to why anyone would want to harm a mother much less a child is beyond me and wholly evil...Which brings me to my question..."

Brother Fabitor looks about the group with a serious look on his face.

"I would like to have you look into this affair as well as the who, what and why of this whole issue..Though I can't offer much more than 100 gold crowns worth of credit to each of you for your time. However if you do this Phon must not know that I have hired you...I fear that if she knew she would run straight into danger again."


Human Oracle 1

"Please, keep my share of the crowns. I was going to do this even if you didn't ask me to."


"You are a truely good soul, Brother Albrek. I insist that you at least take 2 healing potions."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

"Of course we'll investigate! Honor demands nothing less! But surely there is more to this? Such thugs were organizes, and must have cost a fair amount of money to hire."


Human Oracle 1
Lord T wrote:
"You are a truely good soul, Brother Albrek. I insist that you at least take 2 healing potions."

"Alright, although I hope we won't need them."

Hopefully this should help with the amount of healing I can give out.


Male Halfling Rogue 1
Tony Nedraid wrote:

Tony looks confused.

"With respect, Brother, an unmarried pregnant girl is not completely unheard of. What kind of trouble could there possibly be? Aside from being ostracised by the church ladies..."

Ekard raises an eyebrow. "I'm surprised your not more familiar with this sort of thing, Tony. Your type call it 'slumming.' My guess is that one of the hoity-toity nobles in this burg swept Phon off her feet, figuring he'd have a cheap dalliance. Now she's with child and carrying a bastard son of a nobleman. Some of them like keepin' their skeletons sealed tightly in the closet. Leastaways, that'd be my guess.

This guy's a different breed from you, though. Anyone that would dirty his hands with the likes of the Pale Dogs is bad business, and..."

An odd look crosses Ekard's face as he trails off, apparently silenced by a sudden thought.


"Indeed, certainly we will help you and the lady. Perhaps we could talk to her and help her understand the gravity of the situation? If she will tell us who the father is, it will certainly make ending such attacks much easier."

The gnome will give Tony a bit of a respectful nod at his mention of honor, the man taking a step up in his book.

"You seem to have a thought, Ekard. What is on your mind?"


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"Hm? Oh, just remembered something I heard about the Pale Dogs. Word on the street is that they have connections...powerful ones. Some say they've got ties to the Balacazar family and even the Vai."

Ekard runs his hand through his hair and sighs.

"Count me in, but don't think I'm gonna pass up those hundred thrones. I may need it to pay for a funeral."


When you happen to leave the church.

You guys find Pol loitering around outside the church, eyes darting around nervously, and settling on your approach with some measure of relief. Never been to keen on religion, he later explains. That, and he slept in.

"Took a while to find you guys." He continues. "You'd better fill me in on what's happening."


"If we cannot let Phon know, I don't believe we could talk to her without breeding suspicion as to why we are asking." Railina chirps in response to Chelin's suggestion. "I say we start with the families Ekard has suggested and go from there."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

"I recall hearing some unpleasant rumors about those families; I have grave doubts we would be able to get the time of day from them, much less anything else."


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Ekard gives out something of a squeak, though it might have been a suppressed scream.

"Tony's right, Railina, we don't want to get anywhere near the Balacazars if we can help it. That's like filling a pit full of poisonous spiders and then jumping in on purpose. And the Vai, they're not a family, they're an order of assassins...assuming they actually exist."

Ekard shakes his head, as if to loose the thought from his head.

"We've still got the note from the thugs, and we know where they were supposed to deliver her. What if we check the place out and see who's expecting Phon to show up gift-wrapped this afternoon at the warehouse?"


"Excellent idea, Ekard. Following up on the note is certainly the safest way to proceed and the most likely route to immediate success. We should not be afraid to follow this to the highest level we need to for success however. If we cannot assure the safety of Phon, then we have accomplished nothing for the girl."


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony grins with enthusiasm.
"Excellent! We follow the trail to the warehouse. Do we just wander on in and poke around do ye think? Or dress as thugs and pretend to be them? Railina could be our Phon prisoner!"


Brother Fabitor listens as you make your plan of attack, about halfway through he raises an eyebrow. "What letter? and Why do you need a Phon stand in?


Human Oracle 1
Lord T wrote:
Brother Fabitor listens as you make your plan of attack, about halfway through he raises an eyebrow. "What letter? and Why do you need a Phon stand in?

"The thugs had a written copy of their orders with them. They were supposed to meet their employer at Able Road two hours after dusk. We don't know if we need someone to impersonate Phon, but it couldn't hurt."


Albrek Dwarfson wrote:
Lord T wrote:
Brother Fabitor listens as you make your plan of attack, about halfway through he raises an eyebrow. "What letter? and Why do you need a Phon stand in?
"The thugs had a written copy of their orders with them. They were supposed to meet their employer at Able Road two hours after dusk. We don't know if we need someone to impersonate Phon, but it couldn't hurt."

"May I read it? I may be of some help with it."

101 to 150 of 421 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (IC Ptolus pbp thread) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.