Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

A city of mysteries, secrets, and dark histories, Ptolus lies forever in the shadow of a towering stone spire reaching impossibly high into the sky, an enigma and reminder of evil long past.


101 to 150 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

As Davina goes to take the thug in (and any who go with her), Rorrath will stay in the shadows about 50' behind and will keep and eye and nose out for further trouble.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She watched the thugs run and then stretched her arms high abover her head, a few vertebrae popped audibly and she sighed out happily.

"Wasn't even my best work," she smiled and then looked at the others before laying her pretty yellow eyes on little girl. "Can anyone tell me what that was about?"

Glance for clues: Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Come on sweetie come on,
I start walking with the girl back towards the tavern to talk with her and see what is going on.


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1

Flaurn hurried over to the woman.

"Madame, are you unhurt?"


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

I move a little further up the way and do whatever people do in Ptolus to attract the watch.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony will guard those who surrendered.


Davina

Spoiler:

As you walk the remaining thug out of the alley to find the nearest guard he begins pleading Please don't turn me into the gards....I can give ya information....I know tings..if ya let me go I wills till yas


Is there anything of note that I notice on the way to the watch?


Only thing you notice is that the thug starts pleading with Davina


Kiren looks around at all the people who have suddenly appeared to help him and the girl. "Who are all of you? City Guards? And where are you taking that poor child?" He hurries along til he is beside the girl.


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

I call back to Liren, "Delver's Guild get-together down the street. Was it you who raised the hue-and-cry? Good man.


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

I cannot just let you go." Davina said to the man, turning around to face him. "Not after what you intended to do. However, if you give me that information, I can put in a good word to the Watch, and the arm of the Lawbringer will come down easier on your head."

Diplo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5
Kiren wrote:


"Who are all of you? City Guards? And where are you taking that poor child?"

Tony turns his head to Kiren, trying to keep an eye on the one guy we caught.

"What? Oh, I'm Antonio DeNedraid. I am a student out of the University, not a guard. I was sitting down to a meal at my tavern, listening to this awful minstrel when I heard there was an assault going on right outside! Well I had to help."
He looks around at the others, keeping the rain off of his hat from dripping in his eyes with a brush of his off hand.
"By the look of things, a lot of the patrons had the same idea. I assume we'll take both to the city watch."


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She turned her eyes to Liren.
"Yes, I'm with the guard. My shifted ended less than an hour ago and I was hoping to enjoy my evening. I guess it's true what they say about the wicked" She chuckled, and then as she approached Davina and the thug she raised her voice so everyone could hear.

Which one of you realized what was going on here?"

Spoiler:

Just trying to connect with the group.

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Looks at Tony

awful minstrel? Serious you have a bad night and I get called awful geese I will remember you sir!

Looks at rosemary
This here is the young lady that they had assaulted here we are brining her back to the tavern for the rest of your group to question her


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Liren Keel wrote:
Kiren looks around at all the people who have suddenly appeared to help him and the girl. "Who are all of you? City Guards? And where are you taking that poor child?" He hurries along til he is beside the girl.

"Flaurn Ziegler, wizard and scholar," Flaurn introduced himself, making a small bow.


"Local stable hand in for a drink with my friend here." Rorrath says while gesturing to Rain.

"I don't like thugs and I like innocent people suffering from the likes of them even less. The least I could do is help.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She dared to pat Ayaki's shoulder and give her a smile. "Pish! Don't mind him, you were just fine. Anyway, let's get the girl fed, clothed, warm, and somewhere safe. I'm Rosemary, by the way. Has anyone asked what her name is"

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

well thanks rosemary I am glad to hear that. Please feel free to join me at my next performance. No one has quite asked what her name is yet I was taking her back but was makin sure that no one else was about to hurt her so my fault there


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony gives a double take at Ayaki.
"Great Lothian's beard! Was that you? Ah, terribly sorry about that comment, really didn't intend..." He dissolves into embarassed mumbling.

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Looking at the girl I start to askSo what is your name Lass? Are you Hurt is there anything that we can do for you? Someone who we can contact for you? Or something? We are taking you to the tavern here, and it so happens that Tony here, has offered to pay for your nights stay here as well as a great breakfast tomorrow morning.
*winks at Tony*
Isn't that Right Tony?


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

I chortle at Ayaki's words, then give Tony a mock-sorrowful pat on the back: Nothing like a woman scorned... Then I give him a wink and offer the world broad grin, Don't worry though, the pretty ones only get angry at you if they like the cut of your strut. You must have caught her eye.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

Rosemary chuckled and glanced back before turning back to Ayaki.
"Only for a night. Someone will need to tell the guard so her family can be found."

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

looking at Rain scornfully And Rain here said that your dinner is on him tonight as well. Right Rosemary? I think that it is suited for him. Now come on sweetie we are here

Opens up the door to the tavern and escorts the girl inside


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She laughs and follows Ayaki inside.

"Boys. They never learn."


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

I flash Ayaki and Rosemary a grin, then turn back to the remaining people outside, "Well, the girl's safe." I step over to to Rorrath, "Good going with the knife-man.

After that I linger around Davina, still eager to talk with a fellow aasimar and not wanting the villain to be anything but out-manned until the Watch take him away.


Rorrath smirks for a couple seconds at Rain's comment and then steps inside. But before he does a quick look/smell around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Unless anything catches his attention he continues inside.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

After the girls go inside, Tony rubs his temples with his off hand and then reaches into his belt pouch to count how many coins he has left.


Davina

Spoiler:

The thug looks you up and down and seems like he is convinced that you might help him Twas not our lot who planned this attack....we was paid to do this... he digs into one of his pockets and produces a small scrap of paper he hands to you. See..

Give me a knowledge local check

Everyone else

The girl walks with you toward the Ghostly Minstrel she seems in shock from the attack, scared and she even doesn't react to Tony and Rain's comments but starts to talk as you enter the tavern. My name...is ..Phon...Qu..Quatermain..thank you for saving me...I don't know about dinner I have to work in the morning and my mistress will beat me if I am late...

Rorrath you don't notice anything else as you enter the inn.


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1

Not entirely sure how to handle the situation, Flaurn lets the others take the lead and simply follows along.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony looks around, wanting to unload this loser and get back inside where it was dry.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

Rosemary decided to follow Ayaki's intention on making the girl as comfortable as possible, making sure to keep her fed and safe.

"Now, Phon, I truly don't mean to pry but are you an orphan?"

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Yo Bar Keep! I need your finest wine and meal here for this young lady. It's on Rain over there. Oh. and Also Breakfast and Lodging will be on Tony over there as well.

looking at Rosemary, Rosemary would you like to make sure that she is okay, while I go and check out with the rest of the people out there to make sure that we have this guy in custody

I walk outside and see what is going on

Perception check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Still somewhat befuddled by the sudden attack, and even more sudden rescue of the young lady, Liren enters the tavern and takes a seat near those tending...Phon was it??
"If the girl is in any need of healing, I am a cleric of Kharos."


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

Rosemary nodded to Ayaki, "Sure, you go on and I'll make sure she's untouched." Then she looked to Lirin and smirked.

"Does that mean you're only a cleric of Kharos when someone is hurt?" she chuckled,"I know what you mean. Go ahead and ask her. And, perhaps a simple prayer might be nice. You know, because she just suffered a traumatic ordeal."


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

Has the villain been taken away?


Davina

Spoiler:

You are very sure this thug belongs to a group know as the Pale Dogs because of the double-finger brass ring and black painted nails. They are known to haunt the Warrens the most ruff and tumble part of Ptolus that even the town guard gives the area a wide berth. The Pale Dogs are low in the pecking order though in the Warrens and are not likely to be capable much less smart enough to plan and execute this type of job.

You look over the scrap of paper the thug gives you it reads

Phon Quartermain. 3rd door westarn side of Crispin street. Black hair, yung.
After: The red wairhuse on Able Row, 2 hours after dusk. Theoday.

Everyone in the tavern
Phon looks over at Rosemary No ma'am I am not an orphan or rather I am too old now to be one, I work at a seamstress shop nearby and was on the way home from work, I live here in Midtown just a few blocks away....she looks down Not really sure who they were and why they attacked me... She looks up and smiles at those of the party in the tavern currently But thanks to you and yours I am safe, May Lothian bless you for what you have done for me today she looks at Liren No I am fine Sir, not a scratch on me just a little rattled by the experience

Ayaki

Spoiler:

Aside from the normal sounds outside the inn such as the rain and the sounds of crickets you don't notice anything else.

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

After looking around I walk back into the tavern and sit next to rosemary.

Anything intresting happen while I was outside. I couldn't see where they went with the rain out there it sarted coming down in sheets when I looked out there.

*sighs*

Hey keep? can I have a cup of hot cider please sir? I am drenched to the bone and need to take this chill off me. looking at rosemary want one too? my treat.

*looks around and finds her bagpipes and gathers them back up and begins to play again quietly*

perform check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Lord T wrote:

Davina

** spoiler omitted **

Everyone in the tavern
Phon looks over at Rosemary No ma'am I am not an orphan or rather I am too old now to be one, I work at a seamstress shop nearby and was on the way home from work, I live here in Midtown just a few blocks away....she looks down Not really sure who they were and why they attacked me... She looks up and smiles at those of the party in the tavern currently But thanks to you and yours I am safe, May Lothian bless you for what you have done for me today she looks at Liren No I am fine Sir, not a scratch on me just a little rattled by the experience

Ayaki
** spoiler omitted **

"When you are ready, I'm sure we'll all be happy to see you safely home as well," Flaurn said.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She nodded to Phon. "Why would she beat you, does she need a knock upside the head?"

She smirked and scooted up a chair besides Ayaki.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'd love one."

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

keep make it 2 hit ciders please


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

Davina took the note then led the thug to the guards.

"This man and a couple others- who are currently laying in the alley back there were kidnapping a woman. This one gave me some information about it, and I told him I'd put in a good word, so ease up on him a bit."

Releasing the man into the arms of the guard, Davina took off back to the tavern. Sitting down next to Rosemary and Ayaki, she put the note down on the bar.

"Barkeep, make it three"


Rorrath sits down and orders a new drink.

"Ale please. So, I think that thug was pleasantly surprised when I just stepped out of the shadows with my scimitar at his neck. And when you Rain joined me he saw the error of his ways. If only the rest of you could have seen the look on his face in that moment. Priceless."

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

puts down her bagpipes and walks over to Davina
Did the guards say anything? what are they going to do for Phon Quatermain over there? Points over to the girl

Looking at Rorrath
Do not forget that others had helped as well sir. we're all part of what went down and will most likely all be questioned about this. I hope that we can recall with good memory what happened.


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

The guards really didn't say anything. But I got an address where these thugs- the Pale Dogs it looks like- were supposed to bring her. Her name and description is specifically on there. The thing is, I don't think this is masterminded by the Pale Dogs, they're too weak and a little too dull-witted to do this.

Davina passed the note to Ayaki. "I planned to bring it to pass it on to the city watch tomorrow, I thought you guys should have the right to know about it as well."

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Reads the note

Hmm... maybe we should go invistage this first before we let the guard know about this. They wouldn't want to know about something that is no longer there. Come on Where is your sense of adventure

Walks over and hands the note over to the girl
does this mean anything to you Phon? do you know who might behind this at all?


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony finally comes in, dripping with rain and soaked through.
Hanging up his cloak and hat, he heads to the fire immediately to warm up.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She leaned towards Ayaki with a smirk, "Did you say something about adventure? Let me see that note please."

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Hands Rosemary the note after Phon looks it over.

101 to 150 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.