Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

A city of mysteries, secrets, and dark histories, Ptolus lies forever in the shadow of a towering stone spire reaching impossibly high into the sky, an enigma and reminder of evil long past.


51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

It was a long shift, and the rain didn't help. It made the stone roads slick and difficult to chase down her quota of thugs and suspects. And, so, Rosemary was looking forward to a stiff drink and any opportunity to get her boots off and wiggle out of her armor. However, she didn't get the chance. No sooner had she got her Ptolus Spire(Long Island Ice Tea) and was about to sit down, her backside hovering over the chair, there was shouting.

"I heard some screams and someone ran to an alley. Rain, assist me!" shouted a catfolk male and he then bolted out the door followed by some others. Rosemary sighed, rolled her pretty yellow eyes and put down her drink.

"Duty calls..." she groaned, turned on her heel, and stormed out with her hand on her axe.

Initiative:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Catfolk Ranger 1

When the time comes, here is Rorrath's action.

Rorrath will climb up the wall of the nearest building.

Climb Taking 10 + 14 = 24

How tall is the building?

Once on the rooftop he stealthily begins making his way over to the the thugs while keeping his senses alert.

Stealth Favored Terrain: Urban 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Catfolk Ranger 1

Whoops, forgot to add a perception roll.

Perception Favored Terrain: Urban 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Tony looks around.
"Wait; over by that light. Is that it?"
Hand on sword, Tony will dash across towards the light; his boots skid on the wet cobblestones. He looks around, trying to spot the crime/criminals.
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

I pull out my whip as I am running after the rest of the group trying to figure out where to go to

perception check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male 1/2 Elf 1-Cleric of Kharos

On his turn, Liren will use his Hand of the Acolyte ability and strike one of the thugs coming towards him.

Attack-Ranged: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

perception:

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3


Since Flaurn hasn't posted an action his is being withheld for now. Tony and Ayaki give me an acrobatics check for you running as the ground is incredibly wet

Liren you attack with you Hand of the Acolyte spell but you miss with your attack.

Rosemary your not quite sure what going on but you see the others rush out into the rain soaked streets towards an alley where a light shines brightly. If you are going to follow and run make a acrobatic check too

Rorrath you jump to the nearest wall and use your round climbing up and moving across the top of the building and to the edge of the next which is above the alley.


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4
Rain Scrimshaw wrote:

Dammit.

I spring after Rorrath.
Right behind you.

The moment I have a clue which way we're heading I will try to slip into the shadows (unless that puts me miles off the pace
[dice=stealth]1d20+9

Did I find somewhere to hide? How near/far am I from the situation? Roll was a 29 (on page 1)... interesting, didn't know that happened when you quoted a roll.


Male Catfolk Ranger 1
Lord T wrote:

Since Flaurn hasn't posted an action his is being withheld for now. Tony and Ayaki give me an acrobatics check for you running as the ground is incredibly wet

Liren you attack with you Hand of the Acolyte spell but you miss with your attack.

Rosemary your not quite sure what going on but you see the others rush out into the rain soaked streets towards an alley where a light shines brightly. If you are going to follow and run make a acrobatic check too

Rorrath you jump to the nearest wall and use your round climbing up and moving across the top of the building and to the edge of the next which is above the alley.

With regards to location, am I above the thugs or do I need to get closer?


Rain Scrimshaw wrote:
Did I find somewhere to hide? How near/far am I from the situation? Roll was a 29 (on page 1)... interesting, didn't know that happened when you quoted a roll.

I saw it Rain, I actually need Davina to declare her action for the round first so that I can finish off the round as the thugs rolled low for init


You are above the thugs and ready to attack for next round Rorrath


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

Davina drew her greatsword, moving forward towards the thugs. The aasimar sighed, This is on your heads, not mine. she shouted towards the lowlifes.

Moving ahead 40 feet towards the thugs. Running would likely end up with Davina flat on her ass.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Also drawing his sword and assuming a defensive stance.

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

acrobatic check

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

"Well isn't that convenient," she said in regards to the light and ran in pursuit. As she ran, doing her damndest to stay on her feet looking ahead of her for textured ground to provide more grip, she called out to the others.

"Hey! What's that light?"

Acrobatics Check:

Let's see if I get a natural 1.
acrobatics check in the rain: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Lord T wrote:
Since Flaurn hasn't posted an action his is being withheld for now. Tony and Ayaki give me an acrobatics check for you running as the ground is incredibly wet

Sorry, I wasn't clear on what Flaurn could see. Does he have a clean shot (no risk of hitting the lady if he fires) at one of the thugs?


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Flaurn Ziegler wrote:
Lord T wrote:
Since Flaurn hasn't posted an action his is being withheld for now. Tony and Ayaki give me an acrobatics check for you running as the ground is incredibly wet
Sorry, I wasn't clear on what Flaurn could see. Does he have a clean shot (no risk of hitting the lady if he fires) at one of the thugs?

Also if he does, he'll shoot a ray of frost at a thug.

ray of frost: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Flaurn, you are too far away standing in front of the Minstrel to shoot a thug with a ray as you must be no more than 30 ft away based on spell range. Any other action instead.

Luckily both Tony and Ayaki are able to stay on their feet while running toward the thugs and arrive just 5 feet from in front of the front two thugs.

Davina being more cautious walks at a steady pace towards the thugs but is still a good 80 feet away from the nearest thug.

Rain you notice quite a few shadows to slip into along the front of the building Rorrath just climbed up and in front of the other shops leading up to Rastor's Shop. You figure you could sneak up on them over the next couple rounds if you are cautious enough. With that in mind you slip into the shadows and move toward the thugs.

Liren the two front thugs don't seem to like you shining a "light" on their operations and decide to deal with you one pulls a short sword and swings at you but misses. The other raises a light crossbow and hits you in the chest causing not much more than a flesh wound 1 point of damage and begins to reload for next round.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Skidding to a stop in front of one of the thugs, Tony grins and waggles one finger in front of him.
"Ah, ah, ah! Quite enough of that tonight! You boys (or possibly girls) should be home in bed."
He raises his swords point in emphasis.
"Lest you catch your death..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Lord T wrote:
Flaurn, you are too far away standing in front of the Minstrel to shoot a thug with a ray as you must be no more than 30 ft away based on spell range. Any other action instead.

Magic missile and get as close as Flaurn can afterwards. 110 foot range. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

Hustling forward another forty feet, Davina called out to the thugs, Stand down, you're outmatched. Don't waste your lives by fighting a futile fight.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Oh and Rosemary goes only 10 feet. Before slipping and falling on her butt. you are considered prone till your next action

Flaurn you hit the thug with the crossbow he snarls at you and gives you a look that says your his next target

The other two thugs drag the girl deeper into the alley.

Davina and Tony are these your round 2 actions

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

I am going to use my whip towards the closest thug and try to attack him with it.

To hit
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

damage if hit
1d3 ⇒ 3
Ha ha! you can not get away from me.

Personal Note GM I will be fixing my spells today


Thats fine ayaki. Also give me round two actions anyone who hasn't already declared them


Male 1/2 Elf 1-Cleric of Kharos

Taking a step back, Liren again sends his staff out to strike at the thugs attacking him.

Attack-Range: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Due to miss reading the post for the acrobatic roll for Rosemary I made a mistake, Rosemary you didn't fall and in fact are right there with Ayaki and Tony within 5 feet of the thugs


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Yep, Round 2-- Move, Diplomatize.


Gay Male Inhuman
Lord T wrote:

Oh and Rosemary goes only 10 feet. Before slipping and falling on her butt. you are considered prone till your next action

Flaurn you hit the thug with the crossbow he snarls at you and gives you a look that says your his next target

The other two thugs drag the girl deeper into the alley.

Davina and Tony are these your round 2 actions

Was the MM an dmove my round 2 action? Also can Flaurn see the thugs dragging the girl away, or are they off in the dark?


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

Annoyed about being back in the rain she roared and angrily banged her axe against her steel shield. "RAAAAAAAWR! Run away or I'll make certain your ears are in line with your shoulders, and you'll be smelling the bloody stink of your own lungs from this day on! Get on with it! GO! "

Intimidation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Catfolk Ranger 1

Rorrath will move further behind the thugs and stealthily climb down while their attention is directed at the group in front.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

He will draw his scimitar as he moves into position closer to the thug who holds the seamstress.


No samnell that was your round one action just with held because you didn't declare it soon enough. On that note I need Round 2 actions from Flaurn and Rain. Samnell, Flaurn couldn't see them to begin with as they were deeper in the alleyway and you are still standing back at the Ghostly Minstrel. You can see the front two thugs that are standing at the mouth of the alley that Tony, Rosemary, Liren, and Ayaki rushed thanks to Liren's light spell. The other ones that Rorrath is sneaking up on are 20 feet behind the ones standing in the mouth of the alley.


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

Presuming that I am not falling behind them I keep on sneaking ahead toward the group with the girl, if I can i'll get behind them.


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1

Flaurn went over to the mouth of the alley, taking care to keep out of reach of the thugs and to keep his wand between himself and them, and cast mage armor. Better safe than sorry.

He doesn't want to get closer than about 15 feet from the thugs, but is trying to get to where he could see down the alley better.


Okay so if Flaurn is wanting to move that distance you can only accomplish via a run in one round which will require a acrobatics check.


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1
Lord T wrote:
Okay so if Flaurn is wanting to move that distance you can only accomplish via a run in one round which will require a acrobatics check.

In that case he just takes a double move


Flaurn you move close to the action by about 60 feet you can see more of the battle from where you at this point.

Ayaki you whip the nearest thug and are able to cause him some damage, to which a lets out a yelp.

Tony your attempt to make these thugs stand down seems to go no where as they sneer back at you at your attempts at diplomacy.

Liren you swing wide and miss the nearest thug by inches.

Rosemary your growl doesn't convince them any better than Tony's attempts at diplomacy.

Rorrath none of the thugs seem to notice you as you slip down the wall and pull your scimitar.

Rain you continue to move down the front of the buildings you are sure the front two thugs haven't seen you as them seem distracted by the rest of the party. You will be within range the next round to do a sneak attack

Davina of the 4 thugs you are trying to get to run one of them seems convinced by your argument, I think she might be right guys...he says before he backs out of the alley and runs into the next street.

The front two thugs attempt to fight back one going after liren but missed. The other raps his hand around the girl and puts a knife to her throat to which she screams Ortry we got tha twisty bit here take care of tha lot and meet me when ya done he says and then moves five feet back. Rorrath he doesn't seem to notice you at this point but he is still 5 feet away this round

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

I am going to cast lullaby on all of the thugs that I can see making sure to aim my burst far enough away from the person who is coming up from behind

lullaby:

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area living creatures within a 10-ft.-radius burst
Duration concentration + 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION
Any creature within the area that fails a Will save becomes drowsy and inattentive, taking a -5 penalty on Perception checks and a -2 penalty on Will saves against sleep effects while the lullaby is in effect. Lullaby lasts for as long as the caster concentrates, plus up to 1 round per caster


their will save must beat a 14


Male Catfolk Ranger 1

Rorrath moves close enough and touches the blade of his scimitar to the side of the thug's neck and holds it there.

"Let her go. If she dies or is hurt, you die. Understand?" he whispers.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Rorrath gets a good smell of the thug. He will remember this for later.


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

I don't want to have to kill you, but I will if I must. If you harm that girl, I will bring the force of the Lawbringer upon your souls Davina gave her final warning to the thugs, moving towards the thugs, her ungauntleted hand flexing.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Moving twenty feet forward. This should put me at about 20 feet back from where they were.


Female Half Orc Fighter 1

She glowers at the offenders and moves slowly towards them, growling.
"Torn to Shreds!"

Intimidation: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Human (Prustan) Wizard (Diviner) 1

Flaurn stands where he is and casts dancing lights, sending them down to illuminate the alley in hopes of seeing the thug way in back.


Male Human Rogue-(Swashbuckler) L4- AC19 (T16F15)CMD20 | Saves: F3 R8 W0 | HP 18/39 | Perc: +5

Well, so much for Diplomacy. Tony thinks, lining up an approach.
Abruptly he dives, tumbles and rolls behind the first line of thugs to just out of reach of them.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
And not bothering with a warning, lunges to attack the thug with a knife to the girls throat.
Deulling sword attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male 1/2 Elf 1-Cleric of Kharos

Liren is shocked at all the sudden support that simply materialized out of nowhere. He takes a second to thank Kharos, before gripping his staff and attempting to strike the thug in front of him.

Attack-Melee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


male Aasimar (musetouched) ninja 4

I step out of the shadows in front of Rorath's foe, sword in hand, setting up flanking and give him a sad shake of the head, I really think you should do what he says.


Flaurn you illuminate the back of the alley better and are able to see the thug holding the frightened girl near the back of the alley.

Ayaki you cast the spell and are able to get the front two thugs with the spell their eyes seem to lose focus and grow heavy as if they are about to fall asleep. The other thug seems to resist your spell.

Tony although your tumble past the front two thugs is succesful your attack with your sword goes wide missing the thug in the back by quite a bit.

Liren the thug in front of seems near sleep but you are sure he still needs a good thwacking and you surely do hit him this time though he doesn't seem anymore awake after the hit.

Rosemary you step forward and growl more at the thugs in front they seem sleep but quite scared as if you are they're waking nightmare. They both drop their weapons and seem to look for a way out of the alley that doesn't involve going thru you. They decide the back of the alley is the best choice and turn and run in that direction.

Rorrath your scimitar touches the throat of the thug with the hostage just as the other two thugs run out of the alley. You can see the last thugs is scared as he the realization of his situation is dawning on him. Okay ya win... the thug lets the girl go and drops his weapon on the ground.

Rain you add your knife to the thugs throat as you materlize out of the shadows. Davina you add your two cents which at least convinces the thug to relax a bit but you are sure he is scared because of how the tables turned against him, he has this scared rabbit look in his eyes as if he is looking for a means of escape.

The girl runs to stand behind Davina sobbing as if she is still frightened

Qadira

Female Kitsune Bard 1/Rouge 1-- hp 15 (2d8+2)-- Init +3 -- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)-- Fort +1,-- Ref +5, --Will +2

Calls over to the girl. Come over here, you are not going to be hurt any more. We're here to help you.


Female Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 1

Davina wrapped her arm around the girl. Unclasping her cloak, she wrapped it around the girl. There, there. It's alright, you're safe now. Now go to the kitsune, she'll take care of you."

Gripping the remaining thug in her fist, she hauled the man to his feet.
Let's take this sorry lot to the Watch, I'm sure they'll enjoy the present.

51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ptolus Nights and Dungeon Days All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.