Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,898 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

DIE gnoll slavers, DIE


F +5; R +7 (+8 traps); W +3 (+5 fear)
AC 19 (21 Ce); TAC 13; FFAC 15; CMD 19 (21 vs dirty trick)
hp 37/37 | Temp 0 | NL 0
50% miss chance b/c of invisibility

Yousef hisses to Haleen "Yeah. let's cut the ropes attached to the nets first. I'll take the river side." Yousef moves towards the gryphons along the side of the river. As he does so, he lifts Tempest and brings it down on one of the tug-ropes.

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage 2d4 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 + (4) = 14 cold

Qadira

Hah! Looks as if I didn't have to switch Keldar's actions around at all, since Rashid just charged out in full view during the surprise round anyway... :)

I'll just let Bahram and Lavender (and Zaina) catch up on round one actions before continuing...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 35
AC 12 | touch 12 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 12
Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)
Immunities magical sleep | Resist electricity 10
____________________________________________________________________

Round 1 Initiative 9

Knowing that there is a gnoll spellcaster, and possibly even more hidden gnolls, Lavender tries to stay near to Bahram and Zaina, moving as they do. She recasts the same spell, aiming at the other two gnolls.

Sleep (DC 16)

ProfPotts:
Lavender's dialogue with Almah is in her previous post. I can understand if you want to resolve combat before continuing that scene.


Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+2 dex, +4 armor)
hp; (26) 26/26
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
Resistance; 10 electricity

"Maybe you should turn yourself invisible too?" Bahram suggests to Zaina, concern evident on his voice, before launching into a spell of his own. Gesturing and muttering he casts mage armor on himself before moving part-ways toward the action. "Let our fighters draw the attention and let us support them when needed." he mutters.

Cast mage armor and take a single move toward the fighting.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 20/10/20 HP 51/

wand clw 30

It seems that Keldar has some unresolved anger. Upon seeing the nets, it brings back some old memories. You shall be takin no more slaves, you filthy, scurvy, son of a camel
ranged touch1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10same gnoll since probably still up

Qadira

Lavender casts again, her arcane words and gestures weaving magical enegy through the mind of her target, and sending another of the gnolls into a deep slumber, as Rashid dashes towards the action at full pelt, and Bahram approaches with a little more caution - calling forth protective magics to invisibly encase his form before setting forth...

Quote:
"Maybe you should turn yourself invisible too?"

'I'm not easy to see at the best of times,' Zaina replies with a grin, 'and if I stay behind a big thing like you, my Master, I'll be invisible anyway!'

Despite one of the gnolls on each of the nets now being fast alseep, both the remaining gnolls manage to keep their respective griffons captive as the majestic creatures try their best to rip free of the nets, but in their panic and rage manage only to ensnare themselves further - the cruel metal barbs of the nets ripping at their feathers and flesh...

As Rashid runs up, the uninjured and awake gnoll turns the rope fastened to the net round his left forearm a few times, for a better grip, drawing his scimitar with his right hand and spinning into an attack which opens a slash across the dwarf's face! Rashid takes 9 Hit Points of damage.

Looking from Rashid to where Keldar and Lavender (and Zaina) can be seen advancing, the burnt gnoll also draws his scimitar, managing to keep a tight grip on his rope as he moves across to Rashid to join his fellow in taking a swipe at the dwarven priest... thankfully, Rashid skillfully deflects the blow with his shield...

Two more gnolls flicker into view atop the large boulder next to the action - both with drawn back longbows, which they let fly... One of the two arrows sails over Keldar's head, the other thuds into the ground at his feet...

Round 2:

Quote:
You shall be takin no more slaves, you filthy, scurvy, son of a camel

... Keldar yells, as he hurls more fire towards the melee... but this time the flames miss their target, impacting the side of the big boulder in a small explosion of sparks and soot...

Meanwhile, Yousef reaches his target rope, severing it in one blow! It appears that Haleen has managed the same, as the other rope also breaks at nearly the same time. Both gnolls who were straining to hold the ropes (and the griffons) as they battled Rashid stagger as the tension is suddenly relieved, and the burnt gnoll even falls sprawling to the dirt at the dwarven priest's feet! Rashid gets an AoO against one of 'em, if he wants it!

Looking for round 2 actions from Bahram, Lavender, and Rashid now. Rashid, Yousef, and Haleen are all within melee range of the two gnolls at the base of the boulder (or coup-de-grace range of the two sleeping gnolls, if that's your bag... although Rashid would provoke if he tried that at the moment). Bahram, Lavender, and Zaina are all within 70ft. Keldar's still 80ft away (assuming he didn't move, round 2 - but could be 60ft away if he wanted to move as well as chuck that fire he chucked). Right now there's two sleeping gnolls at the base of the boulder, one awake and healthy gnoll, one awake but burnt and prone gnoll, and two gnoll archers on top of the 10ft tall boulder... so six gnolls in total... that you can see...

Lavender:
Quote:
"That is such a long time to wait. Have you ever thought of, well, uhm... a fling? You know, a little bit of temporary compassion or uhh... well, r-release?"

Almah laughs,

'Maybe I should pop down to the market and buy myself a nice, strong, concubine while Father Rashid and his disappoving looks are away visiting Pale Mountain, hmmm?' she jests, 'One of those big black Mawangi fellows maybe? Or an Osirion? No, no,' she continues, laughing as she speaks, 'I've got it - I'll special order a Vudrani mystic from the city: they say some of the erotic techniques they teach in Jalmeray are mindblowing!'

After some more heartfelt laughter, Lady Almah places her hand warmly upon yours,

'Thankyou,' she says, 'it's been too long since I've had a good laugh. As for a lover...' she keeps smiling, '... I think I'd best stick to work for now, and worry about other things later. I'm sure the Pactmasters would prefer it that way, in any case...'


F +5; R +7 (+8 traps); W +3 (+5 fear)
AC 19 (21 Ce); TAC 13; FFAC 15; CMD 19 (21 vs dirty trick)
hp 37/37 | Temp 0 | NL 0
50% miss chance b/c of invisibility

"Archers!" Yousef announces, then sheathes Tempest scrambles towards the boulder the archer gnolls are on and climbs.

Move action to sheath and another move move and climb. I don't know far away Yousef is from the archers, but he moves as fast as he can without alerting the gnolls on the rocks that he is on his way.
.
Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Stealth 1d20 + 9 - 5 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 5 + 20 = 41


AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+2 dex, +4 armor)
hp; (26) 26/26
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
Resistance; 10 electricity

Bahram sucks in a breath at the sight of two more gnolls appearing. 'More! Of course, I should have known. The sphere can hold any number within a 10 foot radius spread! Stupid, stupid, stupid...' he thinks to himself as he continues cautiously forward. Chanting as he goes he reaches a clenched fist toward the gnoll archers, unfurling his finger with a muttered "Poof!" he causes a burst of glittering particles to burst over the gnolls on the rock.

Single move toward the fighting.
Cast glitterdust on the gnoll archers (DC 19)

Qadira

Glittering particles do indeed burst atop the boulder, coating and highlighting the two gnoll archers... and one other! As the two archers yelp and rub at their eyes, the third figure - another gnoll, it appears from the outline, although this one not only has a bow slung across his back, and a scimitar at his waist, but also seems to be wearing a pack with several scrolls poking out of it - blinks off the effects and stares towards Bahram...

Yousef's climb will be a round 3 action, of course - post-glittering explosion! :)


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Grimacing in pain, Rashid stoically accepts the blow, and takes a swing at the offending Gnoll...

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Slashing damage.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 35
AC 12 | touch 12 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 12
Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)
Immunities magical sleep | Resist electricity 10
____________________________________________________________________

Round 2 Initiative 9

Lavender once again uses her sleep spell, aiming at the new group of Gnolls As she continues to move another thirty feet closer to the encounter.

When Bahram reveals the hidden gnoll, Lavender smiles. "There you are..." Lavender mutters in a malicious feigned sweetness.

ProfPotts:

Lavender feels her hope dashed as Almah laughs at the idea. Still, Lavender laughs wither her.

Then Almah places her hand on hers and she felt that jolt again, a sensation she was quickly starting to regret as much as she loved. Still with Almah's hand on hers, she though that maybe she ought to confess her feelings. Lavender places her free hand on top of Almah's hand covering her own, caressing it lovingly. But as Almah keep speaking, this time serious of not wanting a lover, Lavender bites down on her bottom lip, to prevent her from saying anything she will regret.

Lavender swallows, finally finding her composure. It was probably best to end the visit before Almah did something irresistible and Lavender did something she would regret. Still absentmindedly caressing Almah's hand, Lavender looks into Almah's eyes and says, "Thank you Almah, that was a fun talk. Sorry, I probably shouldn't have kept you from your work like this... I-I'll miss you while I'm away..." Lavender blushes from the raw emotion in her tone as she lets that last sentence fall away.

Lavender doesn't keep Almah any longer, but if Almah has more things to say or wants to stay with Lavender longer, she doesn't object. Lavender's feeling are starting to become less subtle as she continues and Lavender keeps caressing Almah's hand as long as she keeps it there. The longer Almah stays, the more likely Lavender will possible take a pass at Almah despite everything.

Qadira

Was that Rashid's AoO, or his round 2 action?


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 20/10/20 HP 51/

wand clw 30

upon seeing the caster on the rock revealed, Keldar is reminded of the witch who ruled the inslaving gnolls. And there they stand exposed by Bahrams spell. Feel the fires of the world forge, witch.
cast fireball on top of caster and bowman
5d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 1, 6) = 22reflex dc=15


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Ah. I missed that I had an AoO.

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Slashing damage.

Qadira

LOL: I'd normally just roll Rashid's AoO for you, to keep things moving, but I specifically asked about it because he had a choice of two targets this time... ah well, let's just press on... ;)

As the ropes are cut and the gnolls stumble, the burnt one falling, Rashid seizes the opportunity to return the favour to the gnoll who cut him, slicing his own blade across the hyena-man's snout and opening a nasty looking gash. Regaining his footing, and spitting curses from Rovagug with his every breath, the gnoll parries Rashid's attempt at a follow-up attack...

Moving forwards, Lavender again tries to send the gnolls to sleep... this time the magic failing to have its desired effect...

The burnt gnoll scrambles back to his feet, avoiding Rashid's opportunistic sword-blow as he does so (AoO rolled by DM and missed, sorry...) and slashing wildly at the dwarf with his own blade. Rashid easily manages to deflect both the scimitar of the burnt gnoll, and that of his wounded fellow, with some deft shield-work...

Atop the boulder the two blinded gnoll archers rub uselessly at their eyes... but their scroll-toting friend calmly unslings his bow, nocking an arrow, drawing, and firing at Bahram! The arrow, glittering in the twilight, streaks through the air to embed itself deeply in the sorcerer's shoulder... moments later, Bahram feels a numbness begin to spread from the location of the wound... Bahram takes 13 Hit Points of damage, and needs a make a DC 18 Fortitude save Vs poison to avoid taking 1d2 Strength damage. He'll need to make that same save each round until he makes a save (1 save stops the effect) or 6 rounds have passed (or someone cures him).

'Master! Zaina exclaims in fear as he's shot, then quickly casts an invisibility spell on Bahram...

Meanwhile, one of the griffons manages to fight and rip its way free of the net ensnaring it, and quikly moves to help free its partner also...

At round's end Keldar's still 80ft away, Bahram, Lavender, and Zaina are 40ft away, and everyone else is up near the action. Two gnolls at the base of the boulder are sleeping, one more is burnt, and the final one is wounded. Two gnolls atop the boulder are blinded, a third (the chap with scrolls who just shot Bahram) is fine (and now visible, even beneath the glitterdust, in case that's relevant). One griffon is free, the other still entangled.

Round 3:

Keldar decides to remove the kidd gloves...

A small, bright, orb of fire - like a tiny star - shoots out across the riverbank... only to blossom into an explosion of firey death as it reaches the top of the boulder! In a brief moment, the three gnolls are turned into so many lumps of smoking charcoal... although charcoal that still glitters like gold, thanks to Bahram's previous spell...

Aaannnddd... welcome to big boy pants! :)

With a quick word in the direction he assumes Haleen lies in, Yousef sheaths his sword and quickly scrambles to the top of the boulder... barely avoiding the blast as Keldar unleashes flaming retribution upon the gnolls (I'm assuming from his description that Keldar targeted the fireball high enough that the spread radius caught the gnolls, but not those lower down)! Reaching to top of the boulder, Yousef finds it charred, warm to the touch... and still glittering... much like the blasted remains of the three gnolls which were once perched there...

'Holy...' Haleen's voice comes from nearby, '... remind me not to piss that dwarf off!'

Lavender:
Almah finishes the visit, leaving you with the impression that she considers you a close friend... but that anything romantic is simply too strange a concept, from her point of view, to have crossed her mind...


Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 YES!

Nearly knocked down by the impact of the arrow Bahram grimaces as he feels a tickling sensation start out from the puncture made by the arrow. Ripping it out he frowns as the tickling turns to an itch, but as nothing else happens he sighs in relief.

Feeling the heat of the blossoming fireball he looks up in time to see the fire recede to leave behind the blackened boulder. "Wow.." he manages, slack jawed.

His attention turns back to the gnolls by the net by a *scawk* from the griffons, focusing on the burnt one he sends three magic missiles streaking toward him. 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) + 3 = 9


Did the gnolls equipment survive the blast?


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Preparing himself for a careful swing at the Gnoll he slashed previously, Rashid looks up sharply as Keldar sets off a Fireball.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9.

By all that's Holy, I thought he was a Druid, not a Sorcerer...

+1 Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26, for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Magical Slashing damage.

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13, for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 extra Magical Slashing damage.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 35
AC 12 | touch 12 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 12
Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)
Immunities magical sleep | Resist electricity 10
____________________________________________________________________

Round 3 Initiative 9

Lavender winces as sees Bahram hit by the arrow. Although worried as he vanishes from site she decided to leave him to Zania for the moment as she makes her way a bit close to the battlefield.

Surprised by the fireball, Lavender has mixed feelings at seeing the aftermath... She wanted to take out that magic gnoll. Oh well.

Lavender then points to the injured Gnoll's scimitar, (or the burnt one's if it drops) and lets lose a tirad of arcane words... Hopefully coating the damned beast's weapon in a slippery grease.

Grease! (DC 16)

ProfPotts:
Lavender gives a weak wave as Almah leaves. Once gone Lavender lets out a relieved, yet dissapointed sigh.

Lavender knocks her forehead against the desk. "What... Am... I... Thinking!" Lavender says to herself between hits.

By the time Lavender has made it home and prepared everything for the morning, she had convinced herself that she was just lonely and that this adventure away from everything was just what she needed to curb these strange feeling towards Almah. At least she hoped that was the case. As Lavender went to bed, she had a hard time falling asleep, reliving the afternoon in her mind. Reaching out of her covers for her Handy Haversack Lavender pulls the wand out that Almah gave her. As much as Almah stole her attention earlier, mysterious items like this was exactly what she liked. If it wasn't for the fact that Almah gave it to her, she would be trying to force the thing to work, despite the lack of Lava. She was good at that. But the chance of damaging it was too high, and she did not want to damage Almah's gift. As she stared at the wand, she gave it a quick kiss, hating herself for wishing it was Almah. Eventually she falls asleep with the wand still tightly clenched in her hand...

Qadira

Only a few seconds after vanishing from sight, Bahram reappears - the arrow which had struck him lying in the dirt beside him - as he calls forth magical energies which coallesce into a trio of glowing bolts which whirl and spiral through the air, before converging on the burnt gnoll... and blowing a hole in its chest!

Even as the burnt gnoll is blasted from his feet (and from his life), Rashid steps into the gap in his opponent's defenses caused by his last parry and draws a long, deep, bloody slash diagonally up the gnoll's body, from waist to shoulder, opening him up... the gnoll collapses, extremely dead...

No need for Lavender to cast that grease spell, as all the gnolls are down - two sleeping, the rest dead.

As the dust from the brief battle begins to settle, the loose griffon manages to free its mate. Screeching, they nuzzle each other for a moment... before turning and stepping towards the two slumbering gnolls. They both eye Rashid (who's closest to them) with caution, but seem intent on their prey...

One of the gnoll archers got a '1' on his save and was blasted pretty badly, along with some of his gear, but the gear on the other two should be salvagable.


Seeing that the danger has passed, Yousef kicks the corpses off the top of the rock and turns to Haleen. "You know, we have a few minutes left of this invisibility spell. We might be able to fool around a little bit. Now where are you?"


Staunching the blood flowing from his wound Bahram makes his way cautiously toward Rashid, eyeing the griffons as he goes. "Umm... Rashid? Could you take a look at this please? That arrow knocked the wind out of me and I'm sure it was poisoned too."


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid makes no obviously hostile moves towards the griffons, and carefully backs over towards Bahram.

"Of course Bahram, I will see what I can do..."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender walks over towards Bahram. When he mentions poison, she reaches into her satchel and effortlessly pulls out an antitoxin and offers it to Bahram. "Here... This should help with the poison."

Lavender can't help but watch as the Griffon's chow down on the unconcious gnolls.

Qadira

Quote:
"You know, we have a few minutes left of this invisibility spell. We might be able to fool around a little bit. Now where are you?"

Haleen's light laugh drifts from the ether,

'Tell you what,' she teases, 'if you find me, you can have me!'

Meanwhile...

The two griffons watch as Rashid backs away and begins to heal Bahram then, seemingly satisfied (for the moment) that he and his companions aren't a threat, set themselves to chowing down on the two living, but sleeping (or, at least, living and sleeping until the beaks and talons sink in...) gnolls...

'Oh, my Master!' Zaina says, her tone a mixture of pride and worry, 'You were magnificent - as always - but you need to be more careful. That nasty hyena-man could have really hurt you!'

As Rashid heals the sorcerer's wound, Zaina flits across to plant a tiny kiss on the dwarf's cheek,

'My thanks, Father Rashid,' she declares, bowing in the air before him, 'for healing my Master.'


Yousef shuffles around, holding out his outstretched palms at..ahem..chest level.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22...like I'm going to hit that +40 modifier.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid smiles at Zaina.

"No trouble at all. Someone has to look after him..."

He then moves to look over the bodies.

"Did anything survive the fiery blast up there on the rock?"


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Keldar is just standing around, looking stunned. While wanting them dead, did not expect that much destruction out of it.

Qadira

Quote:
"No trouble at all. Someone has to look after him..."

Zaina looks at the ground and bows lower,

'A thousand pardons,' she replies quietly, sounding somewhat aggrieved, 'this humble servant shall endeavour to do better in the future.'

Meanwhile, up on the gnoll-corpse-strewn boulder, Yousef wanders around invisibly, with Haleen's light laugh teasing him...

Quote:
"Did anything survive the fiery blast up there on the rock?"

Assuming the griffons are left alone and given a wide berth, then retrieving the (unburnt) gear off the gnolls atop the boulder isn't too difficult a task...

For the most part, the gnolls appear to have been carrying mundane gear...

In total, 7x suits of studded leather armour, 6x masterwork composite longbows (Strength rating +4; bow number 7 got fireballed), 7x masterwork scimitars, 7x daggers, 7x quivers and a total of 72x longbow arrows (all of which have tips with a dark, glistening, coating...)

Craft (alchemy) or Knowledge (nature) DC 18:
... the substance coating the arrows is the venom of a huge monsterous scorpion (with effects as applied to Bahram when he was shot)...

... with only a few valuables...

... worth 59gp, 50sp, and 22cp in total...

... but the lead gnoll (who shot Bahram) had numerous scrolls stuffed into his (mundane) pack - all poorly treated, spattered here and there in dried blood, ripped, torn, and cut in places, and now a little singed as well (he wasn't carrying any scroll cases, just loose scrolls). The scrolls appear to be scribed in a single hand (presumably the hand of whoever the gnolls killed to obtain them in the first place) and some are the mundane business records and travel journal of a spice merchant travelling from Osirion to Katapesh. A few, however, appear to be magical writings...

read magic or Spellcraft DC 23:
There prove to be six scrolls containing arcane spells (all at caster level 5): phantom steed, tiny hut, gaseous form, shrink item, resist energy (communal), and share language (communal).


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid is quick to move to reassure Zaina.

"I did not mean to suggest that you had, even in the slightest way, been derelict in your duty to Bahram; I was simply referring to the fact that we all do our duties - and mine is to shepherd, guide, and heal the members of this little band."

Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19.


Feeling the healing energies flow through him Bahram breathes easier, bee it from the wound or worry, Bahram's heart and breath had grown quicker. Frowning as he looks up from poking at the hole in his robes left by the arrow he looks at Zaina prostrating herself for Rashid. "Zaina. Can you fix this?" he asks, fingering the hole.

Seeing the scrolls Bahram gestures and mutters making his eyes glow blue. Read MAgic. "These are arcane scrolls of phantom steed, tiny hut, gaseous form, shrink item, resist energy, and share language respectively. A frightening thought, these gnolls cattying such powerfull magics."

What's communal stand for?


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

It means that the duration can be split between multiple PCs, however you wish. It is a new type of spell that was introduced in Ultimate Magic. The spells are one level higher than normal, but otherwise are identical to the 'normal' spell.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender helps the others sort through the items. When Bahram mentions the scrolls, Lavender pops up and asks, "Cool. I love scrolls. How do you want to split them up?"

Qadira

Quote:
"I did not mean to suggest that you had, even in the slightest way, been derelict in your duty to Bahram; I was simply referring to the fact that we all do our duties - and mine is to shepherd, guide, and heal the members of this little band."

Zaina can be seen pouting a little, under her gossamer veil, but says nothing...

Quote:
"Zaina. Can you fix this?"

'Yes, my Master!' the tiny genie's pout turns to a smile as she quickly floats over to mystically cause the threads of Bahram's robes to stitch back together again, as good as new.

The two griffons seem content with their meals, and Haleen doesn't seem likely to be caught by the amorous Yousef before the invisibility spells wear off (although the sounds of their antics probably filter down to the others...); so is there anything else being done before the group head off again? I'm assuming the group will move at least a little way from the territorial griffons before thinking about making camp, yes?


Yes.

"Umm... I don't know.." Bahram replies to Lavander as they head out of the griffon territory to find a suitable campsite. "The resist energy and share language ones are communal, wich means they'r effects can be shared amongst many. How about you hold the phantom steed, tiny hut, and gaseous form scrolls. I'm sure they'll all come in handy before long."


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Thank's Bahram!" Lavender says as she takes the three scrolls. She opens one and gives it a good look...

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

...upside down. Lavender breaks into a cold sweat as she looks at the confusing scroll. "Umm... I can't read it..."

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

...Lavender quickly gives the other two a good look, and feels very discouraged as she looks at the 2nd one, staring at it like it is an alien language. She is however relieved that she can make sense of the third. "Aha... Gaseous form... I guess I'm not totally stupid..."


Bahram frowns as he watches Lavender worry through the scrolls. "Umm.. You should let me teach you read magic sometime soon Lav. Here, try these." he says, handing over the scrolls of shrink item, resist energy (communal), and share language (communal), taking back the scrolls Lavander couldn't decipher.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Spellcraft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Sigh "You better hold onto them Bahram, I can't make anything out of them. Although I might be able to force them to work for me..."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

I will air scout wildshape into eagle and fly fly fly


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Good luck Keldar!" Lavender says as he takes to the sky.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

AAAWWWWKKKK


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Prof?


bump


*ECHO*


re-dotting for dotting purposes.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min
Bahram Zarishu wrote:
re-dotting for dotting purposes.

Qadira

It’s three days into the five day journey to Pale Mountain and the faris asim – the knight protectors – of Kelmarane have managed to avoid any more confrontations like their battle defending the griffons from the gnolls; although the shadow of the mighty peak looms ever larger, and civilisation now seems a long way behind the group. The route following the river upstream is far from easy going in the mountainous region, and the occasional slip of a carelessly placed boot on unsteady rocks seems more of an immediate danger than any of the other terrible things said to dwell amongst the jagged mountain peaks. That’s not to suggest that some far off bestial cry every now and then, or an ominous winged shadow passing overhead, doesn’t cause hands to move closer to weapons as all eyes dart round in anticipation of ambush, but be it fate or simple fortune, so far disaster has yet to rear its inevitable head...

At night Zaina happily serves her Master and his companions, her genie-born powers mending such damage as clothing and equipment may have suffered during the day, heating and flavouring otherwise bland trail rations, and passing food and drink around suspended in the air on tiny whirlwind-like puffs of air. Although she fusses most over Bahram, she tries her best to make sure everyone is comfortable and well-rested by taking on as much of the mundane work as she can. During the long, hot, days she often calls up a cooling breeze for her Master (with apologies to the others that she can only maintain one such breeze at a time), and scouts out the high places as requested (although she seems reluctant to venture too far from Bahram...).

Haleen appears to be taking the journey in her stride, often the first to the top of any climb (barring Zaina’s flying, or Keldar’s transformation into an eagle...) with little evidence of the exertion, and goading the slower party members with gentle teasing. She’s quick to crack a joke and quick to laugh at those of others, and spends much of her time trying to pry new and juicy gossip out of Lavender. She also teases Zaina gently about the way she tends to ‘mother’ Bahram, but is careful not to go so far as to actually offend the tiny genie. At nights she cosies up with Yousef, and tries to keep the noise down so as not to overly disturb the rest of the others...

Over the past couple of days travel there has been evidence of both the gnolls who inhabit the area, and the remains of kills of larger creatures – sometimes both at the same time where particularly careless gnolls have ended up as the meal of something or other a little higher up the food chain than themselves... but nothing worth salvaging, although the closer to Pale Mountain the group get, the more evidence of gnoll activity in the area is to be found – broken arrows, tracks, the remains of crudely constructed camp sites and the like...

It’s early afternoon on the third day of the expedition, not long since the group has started off again (after resting whilst waiting under shade for the scorching heat of the midday Sun to pass overhead), when the relative ease of their journey so far seems to come crashing to a halt. Now into the foothills of the Pale Mountain itself, an ever larger titan rising sentry-like above them as they slowly approach it, the river the band has been following has been reduced to little more than a fast-flowing stream... which is why it’s all the stranger when the waters suddenly start to swell and rise, breaking their banks in a matter of moments and spilling out to flood the immediate area! The onrush of water is so rapid the various members of the group barely have time to scramble up to higher ground as the flood appears to be continuing without showings any signs of slowing... DC 10 Climb checks all round to get to higher ground (a small rocky peak about to become a tiny island) before the rising waters get you... if that fails then a DC 20 Swim check to avoid going under as you’re swept away...

Knowledge (arcane) DC 24:
You recognise the sudden rise of water as the result of a powerful spell used to Control Water, more often by priests than by magicians, but such secrets are potentially known to either type of spellcaster.

Knowledge (nature) DC 15:
The manner in which the water rises – flooding out from the middle of the stream rather than rushing down from up-slope – is definitely an unnatural phenomenon.


Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Bahram scrambles frantically up the rocks climbing to get out of the waves path. Reaching a safe height he furrows his brow at the onrushing water. "Strange waters around here. Is this natural?" he directs his question at Kelder, their resident druid.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

redotting.

2,651 to 2,700 of 2,898 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.