Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,898 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Yousef pretty much just listens in while coo-cooing the baby. He shrugs his shoulders at Almah though.

Qadira

Listening to the introductions, Zayifid gestures for everyone to be seated at the table and waves the waiter over,

'Please, my friends,' the tall priestly man says, 'allow me to at least buy a drink for the heroes of Kelmarane while I explain myself...' as Zayifid sits, a fine-looking scimitar can be seen beneath the outermost layer of his desert robes - the weapon not so much hidden, as simply not on display...

'I do not belong to a single church,' he begins, 'I do not mock those priests who choose to remain in one location and tend to one building - not at all, for they provide a needed service,' he offers Rashid a respectful nod, 'but I am not at ease if I stay in one location. I am a traveler, as I have said, and have walked the billowing sands of Osirion, the westernmost veldt of Nex, and much of our own beloved Katapesh in between. I have seen much in my travels, and have brought the word and redemption of the Dawnflower to many. Yet also have I seen much in the way of cruelty and war in those travels, and it is a warning of such I bring you today.'

Pausing to take a sip of heavily spiced coffee, Zayifid looks at each of your group in turn,

'You have distinguished yourselves by defeating the Kulldis. You know that word of the liberation of Kelmarane has reached all the way to the coast by now, and you are enjoying the fruits of that success even as we speak in the form of trade and tax. Yet word spreads not only to friends, but also to enemies. The Carrion King knows of what you've done to the Kulldis, and though he did not reply in kind at once, I have heard dire rumours in my travels. Rumours of gnoll tribes gathering on the far slopes of Pale Mountain, tribes united under one banner - the sign of the Carrion King!'

Shaking his head sadly, Zayifid looks down and toys with his tiny coffee cup as he continues,

'My path is not one of war. Sarenrae teaches redemption and forgiveness, but I know well that many do not seek these ends, and that war is often inevitable. Yet sometimes, there are other ways. The gnolls are ever a bickering lot, and if the Carrion King has manged to unite these tribes, then his word is mighty indeed. And although I despair to think on the death of any living creature, if the Carrion King's death would mean that the gnoll tribes would stand down - war could be averted.'

Sighing deeply, Zayifid looks up again,

'And so I bring news to you. I shall not stay long, for I have no desire to be caught up in the folly of battle. But you would do well, heroes, to take my warning to heart. Seek out the Carrion King and bring him low before he raises high the flags of war. You will find him in the House of the Beast, the rumours say, an ancient temple upon the far side of Pale Mountain from which he has long ruled. May your efforts be swift and just, that needless suffering be averted.'


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

hhhhmmmmm. I see. We go up there for a surgical strike, to avoid the gnolls coming to us. I thought we could settle down, but now there is talk of war. So why not let them come. Why not gather an army to meet them and whipe them out?


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Are you kidding? And let those Gnolls hurt the innocent people here?" Lavender says, looking at the bundle in Yousef's arms. "I say we strike like lightning and eradicate this gnoll thug and his minions before he has a chance to bring the fight to our home. In the meantime, Almah can bolster the towns defense encase war is inevitable." Lavender says, obviously excited at the chance to take out more of her favored enemy.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
Lavender Leaf wrote:
"Are you kidding? And let those Gnolls hurt the innocent people here?" Lavender says, looking at the bundle in Yousef's arms. "I say we strike like lightning and eradicate this gnoll thug and his minions before he has a chance to bring the fight to our home. In the meantime, Almah can bolster the towns defense encase war is inevitable." Lavender says, obviously excited at the chance to take out more of her favored enemy.

The innocent people HERE? What of all those in the thousands of square miles in the mountains? He has gathered all those tribes into one area, so if we go and cut the head off the snake than they go back to scattered tribes. TRIBES that will than inslave hundreds of mountain people. We cant go against that army. It needs to come out of the mountains so we can crush it.


Yousef rocks the little bundle in his arms as he speaks. "Driving apart the gnolls by taking out a leader that can coordinate them, I think, would be the best course of action. I doubt we have the defenses in place to fight a horde, but a surgical maneuver which removes this leader will put the gnolls in chaos for years. They would fight each other more than us. We should alert the Pactmasters of this development however. Maybe they can send reinforcements to buff up our garrisons." He then gives Hayet's little nose a teasing squeeze.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid's brows knit as the Priest tells his tale.

"That is indeed grim news. I fear if we leave things alone for much longer, we will end up being knee-deep in Gnolls..."

He turns to Keldar before continuing.

"Individual Gnolls tribes are both a danger, and a nuisance, but an organised army of Gnolls can create pain and suffering on a truly disheartening scale. I agree, it is in both our best interest, and that of the region as a whole, to ensure that the Carrion King and the rest of his tribe die."

Rashid once again turns his attention to the wandering Priest.

"Tell me, do you know exactly where we will be able to find him?"

Qadira

Quote:
"Tell me, do you know exactly where we will be able to find him?"

'The location of the House of the Beast is no secret,' Zayifid replies, 'although I'm aware that the Brazen Peaks are far from completely mapped out. I can certainly give you directions, if you require them...'

And he does so... the House of the Beast is located in a relatively remote and dangerous section of the Brazen Peaks, on the far slopes of the Pale Mountain - the highest peak in the area. The simplest way to get there from Kelmarane is to follow the river up-stream as it winds through the mountains, since it originates on the Pale Mountain itself. It should be about a forty mile journey - which should take about about four or five days on foot (horses or camels would have a hard time in the mountainous terrain, and traveling by boat would soon become tricky as you hit rapids and drop-offs upstream from Kelmarane). A DC 20 Knowledge (geography) check can confirm all that, but Zayifid happily fills in all the details he can anyway.

Knowledge (local) DC 18:
The House of the Beast has a fearsome reputation as being a place haunted by the ghosts of genies, and often occupied by all manner of horrid beasts. From what you've heard lately, Zayfid's suggestion that the gnoll warlord known as the Carrion King rules there now sounds right on the money.

One less well-known rumour you've heard is of a suppossedly demon-haunted cave - from which it is said smoke and heat billow forth - known as the 'Mountain's Maw' on the slopes nearby the House of the Beast. Some say the smoke is the breath of a great evil seeping into the world, whilst others talk of deadly oracles that can immolate a man with a touch. You know that badawi nomads sometimes leave offerings of food or precious stones and metals in the cave entrance. Whilst there's no known direct link to the House of the Beast, its proximity alone may make it worthwhile investigating, for the caverns and tunnels beneath the House of the Beast are said to go deep into the mountain... and the possibility of finding a 'back door' inside could be worth the trouble...

Bahram:
Your research included the theory that the House of the Beast was a temple complex devoted to Rovagug originally built by Jhavhul himself...

Keldar:
You have vague recollections of the Pale Mountain and the journey from there to Kelmarane, as it was high on the Pale Mountain itself that you slaved for the Witch and her Circle, constantly digging as she searched for something she thought was buried there - some great magical power. You never saw the House of the Beast itself - though you understood it was further down the mountain somewhere - but gnoll priests of Rovagug would come from there every now and then, sent by the Carrion King to check up on the Witch's progress. Of course, when you were taken by the Kulldis and brought to Kelmarane, you weren't in the best state for sightseeing along the way...

Almah listens carefully, nodding occassionally,

'I agree that an organised horde of gnolls is a much worse prospect than a disorganised one,' she comments, 'We've had success picking off the small raiding parties which bother us and the trade routes, but we don't have the resources here to withstand an army... even if the Pactmasters acted instantly to send us troops they would never be able to get here before an army from Pale Mountain... and that's assuming the Pactmasters would send us troops without further proof of the threat. While I leave how to deal with this "Carrion King" up to you, I'd urge you, friends and protectors, to at least travel to the House of the Beast and see first-hand what transpires there.'

'Well,' Zayifid says, draining the last of his spiced coffee and turning to catch the end of the dancers' performance on the stage, 'I have said my piece, and delivered my message. With your leave,' he nods a bow towards Lady Almah, 'I'll gather a few supplies from your markets and be on my way.'


K. local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
so close


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

"Very well, then; it sounds like we should get our affairs in order, and set out as soon as we can. A threat like this to the region needs to be dealt with, swiftly."

After the priest has left, and Rashid has had a chance to think about it...

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25.

"Now that I think about it, The House of the Beast has a fearsome reputation as being a place haunted by the ghosts of genies, and often occupied by all manner of horrid beasts. I would not be surprised if the Carrion King ruled there now.

Rather than relying on a frontal assault, though, I propose another option: One less well-known rumour I have heard is of a supposedly demon-haunted cave - from which it is said smoke and heat billow forth - known as the 'Mountain's Maw' on the slopes nearby the House of the Beast. Some say the smoke is the breath of a great evil seeping into the world, whilst others talk of deadly oracles that can immolate a man with a touch. I have also heard that Badawi nomads sometimes leave offerings of food or precious stones and metals in the cave entrance. Whilst there is no known direct link to the House of the Beast, its proximity alone may make it worthwhile investigating, for the caverns and tunnels beneath the House of the Beast are said to go deep into the mountain... and the possibility of finding a 'back door' inside could be worth the trouble...

...what do the rest of you think?"


"A guerrilla strike through the back door. I like it. We shouldn't waste any time following up on this. I'm assuming a man of Saranae is worth taking at face value." Yousef turns to Almah. "Maam. obviously you are curious about this bundle in my arms. I'd be happy to tell you all about it when we have time. But first, I need to find a nursemaid for little Hayat. I don't think he is up to the regional favorites just yet." If there is time, Yousef will explain his fling with Nyx, and the obvious result.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Sounds like a good idea to me! I'm ready whenever you guys are!"


"A back door, eh? Sounds promising. Much more so than marching into a camp full of monsters, I doubt they'll just point us to their leader and turn back to their cook-fires." Bahram muses.

"One thing though, it might be a coincidence, and it might be not. I came upon a mention of the House of the Beast during my research this past year, it is theorized that it was origionaly built as a temple devoted to Rovagug. A dangerous omen and worthy of note. Also, it's creator is said to have been the efreet Jhavhul, a mad efreet prince bent on god hood through wish-craft, the very same one that the templars of the five winds battled here in this region all this time ago."

"You'll recall, Yousef, the spirit Zaina said had chosen you," he says, gesturing at Tempest. ".. Vardishal, the general of the Templars.."

"But if the gnoll stirrings are focused around that cursed place, we surely must investigate. I would be ready to leave in the morning, I must atend to one thing this evening before we leave."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

K Geo1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
jjaamm/Keldar wrote:
K Geo1d20+5

Guess I paid some attention I should be able to get us there

Qadira

Once Zayifid departs, Lady Almah...

... insists on holding baby Hayat, making goo-goo noises to him, and generally acting broody!

However, despite the cute distraction, Almah seems to have heard everyone's comments as she (a little reluctantly) hands Yousef's son back (with a slightly wistful sigh...),

'I'll make sure he gets the very best nursemaid,' she confirms, 'and you have to promise to come back to him alive - you're not just a hero now, Yousef, you're a father... but it is heroes we seem to need once more. You plan sounds good to me, my friends. I'd suggest you take the rest of the day to prepare, get a good night's sleep, and head out in the morning. Please, let me know if there's anything you need for your journey.'


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender is ready to go. Although...

Quote:
'Please, let me know if there's anything you need for your journey[/b].'

I'm tempted to think of something I need! Hmm...


ProfPotts wrote:

Once Zayifid departs, Lady Almah...

... insists on holding baby Hayat, making goo-goo noises to him, and generally acting broody!

However, despite the cute distraction, Almah seems to have heard everyone's comments as she (a little reluctantly) hands Yousef's son back (with a slightly wistful sigh...),

'I'll make sure he gets the very best nursemaid,' she confirms, 'and you have to promise to come back to him alive - you're not just a hero now, Yousef, you're a father... but it is heroes we seem to need once more. You plan sounds good to me, my friends. I'd suggest you take the rest of the day to prepare, get a good night's sleep, and head out in the morning. Please, let me know if there's anything you need for your journey.'

"I promise. Nothing foolhardy, but I gots to make sure that Hayat has a home to grow up in. This place has been more of a home to me than Katapesh ever was, and I don't want to lose it." He pauses, then "Uhm, could you ask Haleen to find me as soon as she gets back. I imagine I got some 'splanin' to do."


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid nods.

"Your words hold wisdom, Lady Almah. Haste is necessary, but there is no need to be foolhardy about it. We should take time to plan, and prepare. Do you have any maps of the area which we could borrow?"

Rashid will collect his things together, and then spend time praying in the Temple, asking for guidance, and the ability to bring his charges home, safely...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Cannot think of anything that would not be absurd. Maybe some traveling supplies and rations. Maybe some Utilitarian scrolls and potions such as healing or restoration and such.

Lavender makes sure everything is set with her leaving the city, delegating her responsibilities to other responsible individuals. Once it seems that the city will not implode from her absence, she is ready to go!

Qadira

Quote:
"Uhm, could you ask Haleen to find me as soon as she gets back. I imagine I got some 'splanin' to do."

'Yes,' Almah agrees, smiling at the baby, 'I imagine you have...'

Quote:
"... Do you have any maps of the area which we could borrow?"

'Nothing detailed,' Almah admits, 'the area is largely uncharted due to being controlled by the gnolls, and not being directly on the trade routes. The general layout of the path the river takes, the position of Pale Mountain - there are maps showing those things, but nothing which marks the exact location of this House of the Beast... or the cave you mentioned. I can't imagine that our Master Keldar will steer you wrong though,' she nods respectfully to Keldar, 'or that you could find a more qualified guide... at least not in this town.'

Any more for any more? I'm pretty sure Bahram, at least, had some stuff planned before you set out... :)


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
ProfPotts wrote:


she nods respectfully to Keldar, '

NODs back


"Right! I'll see you tomorrow morning." Bahram says with a start, pushing himself away from the table and hurrying out through the busy bazaar, making his way out of the battle-market.

Hurrying down the hill to their home he hardly pays any mind to the bustling activity of the growing town, lost in his own thoughts he's practicly giddy with anticipation for the ritual he's prepared so thoroughly in his mind.

Arriving home he makes his way straight up to his airy quarters at the top of the house, with it's green garden and it's small aqueduct system, looking at the position of the sun he nods to himself and sets to work.

Starting with the circle he draws out the arcane sigils in white chalk, muttering arcane words and reading from a scroll in the process, placing scented candles at points and placing fresh plucked flowers in spaces.

Satisfied he draws out the two pedestals and places them before the circle, on one he places a cushion and arranges Zaina's broken bottle to be displayed prominently, on the other he places a blank parchment, an ink well and a hawk-feather pen.

Finished in his preparations he looks at the sun again and almost laughs. 'It's almost time!' rubbing his hands together he ducks back into the house and sets to cleaning himself. Bathing he trims his beard and combs out his now grey-streaked hair, putting on perfumes he puts black chalk under his eyes and puts on fresh robes. Checking on the sun again he sits down to wait. 'Only a few hours more. Then I'll see her again.'

As the time draws near Bahram gets up, feeling calm and apprehensive all at once. Walking the circle he lights the candles and incenses while reciting the scroll of magic circle. Satisfied he takes up a position by the pedestals and unfurls the precious scroll of lesser planar binding, drawing a deep breath to focus he starts to chant.

Calling upon Zaina with her true name calls her into his magic circle, focusing all his energies into reciting the spell properly, adding the names and sayings he'd spent the year painstakingly researching. Careful to recite everything properly and truly. Watching as the magic focuses and a swirling image starts to appear inside his circle.

Finishing his spell a grey cloud settles inside the circle, flashes of lightning streaking through it occasionally. Bowing his head he addresses what he hopes is Zaina withing the swirling cloud. Starting with introducing himself he recites her lineage and history as he know it, giving her her proper titles and respects, using all his knowledge to address her properly he tries to offer his deal and hopes she will accept his payment.

This morning news give Bahram a burst of insight, making him amend his deal to; "Accompany me and aid me as I investigate and neutralize the rising threat from the House of the Beast, Jhavhul's accursed temple to Rovagug."

The charisma check came out to a whopping 28.

Qadira

Excellent description there! Okay then, compared to Zaina's Charisma check that indicates... 8 hours of negotiations! Nobody said genies rushed into things... ;)

The swirling, lightning-shot, cloud smoothly dissipates, leaving in its wake an attractive female zhyen, with pale green skin and pointed elfin ears - Zaina! Her darker green hair trails down her back until it mingles with the wisp of green mist which she has in place of legs. A veil of gossamer blue silk covers the lower half of the genie's face, a tiny bejewelled blue vest and ornate golden bracers her only other adornments. A breeze stirs from seemingly nowhere, causing Zaina's hair and mist-trail to flow dramatically, as lightning dances in and around her glowing eyes...

'What mortal dares disturb the mighty...' she begins in the auran tongue... but trails off as she looks up. Her eyes widen and, though lightning still flashes within them, for some reason Bahram can tell its fuelled more by joy than anger - perhaps the grin he can just see through her veil gives the game away..?

'Bahram!' she exclaims, 'You did it! You called me back!'

The tiny genie flits quickly through the air towards the sorcerer... only to gasp as she bounces off the boundary of the mystic circle with a flash of energy. Spiralling to the floor she pushes herself up until she's sitting, as if her legs were under her (if she had legs), and rubs her forehead,

'Ouch!' she mutters, then quickly throws her hand up as she looks up at Bahram and notes his (I'll go ahead and assume...) concern.

'Stay back!' she cries out... then glances about, clears her throat, and adds, '... um... lest you break the circle and... erm... unleash my elemental fury... yes... that'll do...' the last part she mutters under her breath...

Brushing herself down as she rises once more into the air, Zaina floats - on her side of the boundry - in front of Bahram's nose,

'It's good to see you again my... urm... Bahram,' she quickly corrects herself, 'I was worried about you when I left - there was a great evil in...' she trails off again as she glances about, then flits over to another side of the circle to peer out over the restored village...

'This is Kelmarane?' she asks, incredulous, 'So you did it? You defeated the evil and reclaimed the town! I'm so proud of you, I...' she trails off once more, as if she'd said too much. Taking a moment to compose herself, she floats back over to Bahram, smoothing her hands down the curves of her tiny figure as if smoothing down a dress, sighs, then finally looks back up at him,

'We can discuss such matters later,' she says, her tone formal, 'right now we have a negotiation to conclude. You've obviously done your research my... urm... mortal spellcaster, and have shown the proper respect in both addressing me and in providing these wonderful gifts... Ooh! Is that jasmin incense?!' her formal language breaks down as she inhales deeply, and once more flits to another part of the circle's border to peer out at the offerings Bahram has provided, 'That is so nice! Where did you get it? And you smell great - not like when we first met! And I love the grey - it's really distinguished, and makes your eyes pop! Oh, and...' it takes a few moments, but she finally catches herself, clears her throat politely again, and drifts back to face Bahram...

'... That is to say... the offerings are acceptable... If the task is an acceptable one...'

Quote:
"Accompany me and aid me as I investigate and neutralize the rising threat from the House of the Beast, Jhavhul's accursed temple to Rovagug."

Zaina's tiny brown furrows at the mention of the House of the Beast and Jhavhul,

'That is a noble task indeed,' she agrees in her formal tone, although it fails to conceal the concern in her voice, 'and a dangerous one. However, such negotiations cannot be rushed,' she glances about, as if to check if they were being observed, 'apparently... You know, the way I hear it when Andrathi first called Princess Nefeshti the "negotiations" went on for days, if you know what I mean...' she winks at Bahram, but then returns to her formal tone, '... So let us begin...'

The 'negotiations' do indeed take hours... although it's safe to say that a great deal of that may be due to Zaina's constant lapses out of 'character' as she asks about how the others are doing, what news there is, what has transpired in the past year, and all sorts of other questions as she tries to catch up with recent gossip. She sobs for a good long while when she hears of Felliped's death, and laughs and claps with delight when Bahram mentions Yousef's recent family addition. All in all, the time seems to fly past, and in the end the task is agreed upon and Zaina is released from the circle. Flying up to Bahram's face, she plants a tiny kiss, through her veil, upon his cheek, then retreats a little, her smile clear beneath the veil, bows a deep formal bow, and says,

'Now, once more I can call you "Master", my Master.'

Elsewhere...

The group drift away from the meeting, heading out of the battlemarket to prepare for the coming journey, and leaving Almah to go over the details she needs to, issuing instructions to her men, and sending a message to the Pactmasters in the city of Katapesh.

As Yousef heads out of the battlemarket, a group of sand-dusted warriors ride into the village square on sweat-flecked horses. The lead rider pulls her horse to a halt in front of the half-orc, her smoldering kohl-rimmed eyes looking down at him, drinking in his form from head to toe, before she removes the scarf from her face... Haleen is back! Casually tossing a loose rope bag of severed gnoll-heads to a nearby official, the swordswoman smiles, laughs, and raises a thin eyebrow as she beholds the bundle of joy in Yousef's arms,

'Been busy have we?' she teases as a be-fezzed stable lad rushes over to take her horse's reins, and she swings from the saddle to stand before Yousef, 'I didn't think I'd been gone that long,' she adds as she pulls off her supple leather gloves, drags Yousef's head down to engage in a passionate kiss, then turns her attention to the baby in his arms. Pulling the swaddling aside to get a closer look at the child's face, her smile turns to genuine shock as she beholds his orcish features. For a moment she just stands in silence, a breeze stirring her flowing dark green desert robes... Finally, still staring at the baby, she asks quietly...

'Well?'


Haleen wrote:
'Well?'

"Uh, er...erm."" Yousef stutters, for a good minute. Looking at Haleen, then looking at the baby. Then looking towards Lavender with pleading eyes. "Uh, well. You know how I told you about that witch who lives under the fort up there? Nyx. Well...." he gets defensively panicky for a moment. "It was weeks. Probably months before we, uh...started...uh!"

He calms down a second. "Well, I guess she must have gotten pregnant and, doesn't want anything to do with the baby. So now I have a son I need to take care of. Hu...*cough*...ba...uh. Haleen. I know its a lot to digest, but we can make this work."

Yousef frowns and turns grim. "Haleen, we are heading out to take out a major baddie called "The Carrion King" and I would really like you to accompany us. It's going to be dangerous and they are threatening all of Kelmarene. I want a home for Hayat, so he doesn't have to grow up a drifter like myself, and for you and me if you would still have me, and Almah, my friends here, even Undrella have all made me feel more welcome than anywhere I have ever lived. And you too have made me feel more of a man, and not the street tough that I used to be. If you can accept Hayat and me, I would be grateful and gracious."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender looks alarmed when Yousef looks towards her. She already has a crazy Harpy that is fighting with her over a misunderstanding with Bahram. Last thing she needs needs is the same problem with Haleen. Especially since she likes Haleen. Haleen kills gnolls...

"...uhh..?"

Luckily Yousef continues and Lavender feels a bit more relived. She wants to ask Haleen how her hunt went, but decides to wait until after Haleen and Yousef have had their family discussion.

"...So, uh, I got to go and finalize a few things, I will see you guys in the morning?" Lavender says before she leaves with an awkward wave goodbye.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Heads off to set affairs in order. Put top 3 in charge to work on running buisness.


I think Bahram's a few hours ahead of the rest...

Unable to keep the smile of his face at the sight of Zaina Bahram smiles and nods patiently at her antics and questions through the negotiations process, losing himself at times in chatter as well. When the deal is struck Bahram folds his hand and bows his head to Zaina, playing at formalities as best he can though the smile never leaves his lips.

"We are to head out with the rise of the new day." Bahram informs Zaina, a solemn look coming over him. Unable to keep the expression a grin cracks forth on his face. "But that is still hours away, perhaps we should finalize our negotiations in a more comfortable environment...?" he suggests, indicating a soft feathered bed, piled with cushions.

Qadira

Completing his prayers in the restored temple of Sarenrae, Rashid rises and turns to find the elderly high priestess, Durriyah, quietly contemplating him. For a moment the old Keleshite woman seems not to notice the dwarven priest has moved, her golden eyes peering within him more than at him... then, with a blink, she shifts to looking him in the eyes, the smile touching her lips emphasized by a face heavily lined by age, and a lifetime of free expression. Long hair, once raven black but now turned to grey, casually covered by a simple hood on the light cotten robes the priesthood favour - white, decorated with red and gold thread depicting images of the sun - and body now thin and frail with age, there's a spark in Durriyah's eyes which suggests that she was a real firebrand in her more vigourous days. Over the past year, as Rashid has gotten to know the woman, he's found her a kind soul, devoted to the care of others... but on very rare occassions she's been known to lash out with impassioned words and a glare which usually proves enough to cause even the rowdiest of drunken merchants or off-duty guards to slink quietly away, proverbial tail between their legs, to sleep it off and contemplate their place in life...

'My friend,' she begins, resting one hand on Rashid's shoulder - a gesture of friendship, but also a pratical means to support herself - the other absent-mindedly rubbing the rose-gold amulet around her neck, the winged goddess in the shape of an ankh which is the symbol of the Dawnflower.

'The Goddess has seen fit to send me a vision,' she continues, eyes darting a little as she scans Rashid's face, 'you are destined to be a greater priest than I will ever be...' she laughs, '... but that's hardly a revelation: I've known that since I met you! No, I glimpsed something of your upcoming trials - images of fire, and feeling captured, with the life crushed out of me... or, rather, I imagine you... or your friends,' she shrugs her boney shoulders a little, 'the Goddess leads the way, but it is up to us to take what she gives us and put in the hard work to see it through. Trust in Sarenrae,' she utters one of her more favoured sayings, 'but tie up your camel!'

'I shall offer what little aid I can,' Durriyah says, gesturing for Rashid to kneel for a blessing, 'and hope that it can be some small aid in the days to come...'

Durriyah casts imbue with spell ability on Rashid, gifting him with a one-shot use each of a caster level 7 resist energy (fire) spell (fire resistance 20 for 70 minutes when cast), sanctuary spell (DC 18 Will save, 7 rounds when cast), and shield of faith spell (+3 deflection bonus to AC, 7 minute duration when cast).

Elsewhere...

After fleeing Yousef's social drama, Lavender sets about making sure that things will run smoothly (or, as smoothly as they can...) in her absence.

It's several hours later, and finally all the 'i's seem to be dotted and the 't's crossed, as the half-elven sorceress sends the last of the village officials away a happy man as he scurries out of the office she keeps in the wharfmaster's mansion clutching two weeks worth of schedules and time tables. There's a knock on the door but, despite the momentary sinking feeling as Lavender expects yet another individual with problems for her to solve, it proves to be Almah, not with more bureaucracy, but with a gift...

'I got this off one of the merchants from that camel train to Osirion which passed through a couple of weeks back,' the silk-clad and gold-bedecked merchant princess says, perching on the edge of Lavender's desk and turning the object in question over in her hands - a wand of black glass, polished to a shine, maybe twelve inches long and a quarter inch in diameter, unornamented, but tapering a little from a thicker handle to a slightly thinner tip, 'I thought it was the sort of thing you'd like... but it doesn't work.'

Shrugging, Almah hands the wand over,

'I had Father Zastoran take a look: he says that it should produce great explosions of fire... but that something unusual in the construction means it won't work until it's been submerged in lava,' she glances up at Lavender, 'I was going to find something else to give you - a thankyou for all the work you've done for the village - but it seems like we've run out of time... besides,' she smiles a little, and shrugs once more, 'some say that the Pale Mountain was once a volcano - maybe you can find some lava and test the good Father's theories? Can't hurt to take the thing with you, in any case, right?'

Meanwhile...

Keldar faces an emotional and concerned workforce when he tells them of his upcoming trip; they reassure him that they can keep things running smoothly, of course, but each and every one of them owes their boss for the second chance they now have, thanks to his buying them from the slave market and freeing them to become paid employees and new citizens of the revitalised Kelmarane - so it's with genuine affection that they say their farewells.

One employee in particular - a female dwarf called Torra (whom Keldar brought off a rather odious old Qadiran slave trader named Amwyr Yuseifah who passed through Kelmarane several months back, styling himself a 'purveyor of exotic concubines') seems rather distraught at the news. Initially hostile when Keldar purchased her, suspicious of his motives, despite his assurances that he was freeing her, Torra slowly came round when she discovered that Keldar was happy to employ her in the forge work she so loved, rather than as the perfumed, silk-wrapped, bauble Yuseifah had been peddling her as. Quickly become Keldar's best worker in bronze and steel the young dwarven woman has flowered over the past months, regaining confidence and vivacity once she'd traded a harem outfit for a smith's leather apron and a good hammer...

As the other employees go about their business after Keldar's anouncement, Torra lingers behind for a moment. It strikes Keldar that she's actually quite an attractive woman - apart from being a skilled smith - her hour-glass curves accentuated by the fact her leather britches and simple chest-wrap leave her midriff bare, the soot and sweat from the forge giving a healthy dwarven glow to her dusky skin. Brushing a loose strand of dirty-blonde hair out if her eyes, she steps nervously towards Keldar, deep blue eyes peering up at him through her long lashes,

'I...' she begins hesitantly, in the dwarven tongue, '... I never properly thanked you for... for giving me my life back, sir. I... I just wanted you to know how grateful I am before you... before your journey... I...' trailing off, suddenly she emrbraces Keldar with a tearful hug, kisses him on the cheek, then hurries quickly away before embarrassing herself further...

And not forgetting...

There's a brief moment, when Yousef looks towards Lavender, that an expression of confusion and anger passes across Haleen's face... but it's soon gone as the half-orc keeps talking, and any anger seems to fade away from the swordwoman's expression... to be replaced with something more akin to incredulous amusement...

'So,' she replies slowly, as if trying to digest all that her man has just told her, 'you did get yourself in trouble... but it was before I was around to steer you right...' she grins, and winks, then smiles at baby Hayat once more, 'Well... he's so cute how could anyone not love him?' she looks up at Yousef, pouts a little, then sighs and plants a gentler kiss on his lips, adding, 'And his father's not half bad either, I suppose...'

Addendum...

Quote:
"But that is still hours away, perhaps we should finalize our negotiations in a more comfortable environment...?" he suggests, indicating a soft feathered bed, piled with cushions.

'Master!' exclaims Zaina in mock shock, 'What sort of genie do you think I am?!'

Laughing, she grabs Bahram's finger and tries to pull him with her as she flits towards the proferred bed. Pushing him back (as best she can) she plants tiny kisses over the sorcerer's face... then pauses, brow screwed up as if in thought... A moment later she grins wide beneath her veil and snaps her fingers,

'Of course!' she declares, then looks at Bahram, adding, 'If I may, my Master?' before beginning to cast a spell...

... Two spells later, and Bahram is shrunk to half his usual height, while Zaina is grown to twice hers - putting the pair on a much more even footing (so to speak)... Slipping her arms around Bahrams (now appropriately sized) neck Zaina presses her body to his,

'This will only last a few minutes, my Master,' she cautions, 'so I suggest we don't waste any time...'


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

As Lavender goes about her tasks, she thinks about all of the events that happened in the last year. I can't believe that Yousef is a father. It's bizarre. I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest when Haleen gave me that look. I can't believe how much Yousef has matured in the last year... Lavender thinks fondly of Yousef for a moment, especially recalling the time in the Temple of Nethys. (sigh) I guess I missed that 'boat.' Lavender smiles at her own private joke. Still, Haleen and Yousef go good together. I just wonder why I feel so lonely lately... Memories of Filiped fill Lavender thoughts. He had liked her, and she was too embarrassed to respond to his advances. If only he was still here. Another lost opportunity... I feel like I'm standing in a sandstorm and everything is whipping by, out of my grasp.

Feeling a bit sad now, Lavender tries to think on other things, but apparently her mind is stubborn. She starts to think of Bahram. She felt some sort of magical connection to Bahram, like a long lost sibling finally found. Seeing him waste away trying to find Zaina is heart wrenching. Her loneliness is nothing compared to how lonely Bahram must feel at this very moment... Still, It would be nice to find a special someone for her own to love.

Still with everything that's happened there is so much good that has happened too. She has done wonders helping out in the city, Rashid has made strides as the Abbot Protector and Keldar has hit it big with his business. Still, It would be nice if those two dwarves found some companionship too!

Despite living under the same roof, we've all been doing our own things. We've barely seen each other. I think this adventure will do us all good Lavender ponders to her self, getting excited. No more standing around letting the sand whip me in the face. I'm going to take control of the storm and I'm not going to regret anything!

Quote:

It's several hours later, and finally all the 'i's seem to be dotted and the 't's crossed, as the half-elven sorceress sends the last of the village officials away a happy man as he scurries out of the office she keeps in the wharfmaster's mansion clutching two weeks worth of schedules and time tables. There's a knock on the door but, despite the momentary sinking feeling as Lavender expects yet another individual with problems for her to solve, it proves to be Almah, not with more bureaucracy, but with a gift...

'I got this off one of the merchants from that camel train to Osirion which passed through a couple of weeks back,' the silk-clad and gold-bedecked merchant princess says, perching on the edge of Lavender's desk and turning the object in question over in her hands - a wand of black glass, polished to a shine, maybe twelve inches long and a quarter inch in diameter, unornamented, but tapering a little from a thicker handle to a slightly thinner tip, 'I thought it was the sort of thing you'd like... but it doesn't work.'

Shrugging, Almah hands the wand over,

'I had Father Zastoran take a look: he says that it should produce great explosions of fire... but that something unusual in the construction means it won't work until it's been submerged in lava,' she glances up at Lavender, 'I was going to find something else to give you - a thankyou for all the work you've done for the village - but it seems like we've run out of time... besides,' she smiles a little, and shrugs once more, 'some say that the Pale Mountain was once a volcano - maybe you can find some lava and test the good Father's theories? Can't hurt to take the thing with you, in any case, right?'

Lavender smiles as she sees her friend enter. Her loneliness washing away. "Hey Almah, what's going on? Something you forgot to tell me?"

Lavender listens as Almah explains the item, watching her perched on her desk in her smooth silk as she spins the sleek wand in her hand. Lavender starts to feel warmth go to her cheeks as she gazes upon Almah. Strange. Maybe everything Lavender has been thinking about today is starting mess with her.

When Almah hands the wand over, Lavender feels a bolt of electricity spark through her when their hands touch.

Lavender's heart starts racing. "T-thanks Almah, it's beautiful." Lavender says looking past the wand at Almah. She feels that jolt of Electricity again when Almah looks up at her. Were her eyes always that pretty? W-wait, what am I thinking... Lavender's mind starts to wander on other gifts Almah could have 'found' for her. Inappropriate ones. Lavender tries to shake the feeling off, but when Almah smiles at her she nearly melts. Lavender forces herself to study the wand. "S-so just give it a dip in some lava and presto? Sounds easy enough! This thing is awesome..." Lavender says, feeling the sweet drip off the back of her neck. She then throws her arms around Almah in a 'friendly' hug. "Thank-you Almah, I love it." Lavender says, feeling that bolt of electricity, that wonderful bolt of electricity flow through her body as she hugs her friend in a tight embrace.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

The hint of a blush lights Rashid's leathery cheeks at Durriyah's words.

"You give me too much credit. I have only ever done what needed to be done, and guided those under my wing to the best of my ability. Nonetheless, if the Dawnflower has a greater plan for myself and my companions, I will do whatever I can to live up to Her expectations, and continue to guide and protect my friends."

He is touched when she offers him a final 'blessing', bowing to indicate his thanks.

"I appreciate all that you have done for both me, and this town, over the past year. You have been a gentle guide, a strong voice, and above all, a good friend. I look forward to when we will once again be able to join together in prayer."

With that, Rashid takes his leave, to look for his friends, so that they can begin their long trek...


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

'I...' she begins hesitantly, in the dwarven tongue, '... I never properly thanked you for... for giving me my life back, sir. I... I just wanted you to know how grateful I am before you... before your journey... I...' trailing off, suddenly she emrbraces Keldar with a tearful hug, kisses him on the cheek, then hurries quickly away before embarrassing herself further

standing stund for few seconds, Keldar will rush out and prepare for journey. Go talk with the patrols to find out what kind of activity has been going on around where we are leaving from.guessing town controls some parts of wilderness by now

Qadira

Almah returns Lavender's hug, then holds the sorceress at arm's length and looks into her eyes,

'I worry about what you're heading into, my friend,' she says, her concern obvious in her tone, 'all of you. Know that you are all our Knight Protectors, that I would trust no others with such an important task. If any can defeat this Carrion King it is you. I fear for you, yet I also have faith that you will protect our home here, and return safely to us. Now - you should get some rest in a proper bed while you can - I doubt camping in the mountains will be all that comfortable.' She smiles, before leaving Lavender to her own devices...

Talking to the patrols, Keldar hears that, while there's been the usual level of agression from raiding parties attached to those tribes said to be loyal to the Carrion King, no-one's noted anything which would particularly indicate a stepping up of activities for a full-scale war... at least, not in the area immediately surrounding Kelmarane. The Pale Mountain itself is far enough away that such forces could be massing, and Kelmarane wouldn't know anything of it until the horde was descending upon them - actually going and taking a look appears to be the only way to make sure, one way or the other.

Any more for any more? Last minute gear requests? Anyone else needing to be visited? Lasts will and testaments?


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid is ready to go :-)


Done ;)


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Well, One item that might be worth getting would be a magical contraceptive, if such a thing exists. Although Yousef is probably tamed, with Lavender's mixed up feelings, she might be more attentive to possible love interests, especially if the stuff with Almah ends with rejection or is left in the gray area.

Besides that, Lavender is ready, and it is not that big of a deal to hold up the game. If Lavender is able to get a hold of some and can afford to buy some, she will.

Mushy Romance Stuff:
Lavender feels the jolt of electricity surge as Almah wraps her arms around her and they press together a little tighter. Lavender loses herself in the moment. With her chin on the back of Almah's shoulder, Lavender wets her lips and turns her head to face Almah, about to make this embrace a lot more intimate... When Almah pushes her away.

Momentarily taken aback from both the disappointment of being denied and the shock of what she was just about to do, Lavender doesn't have a moment to spare as she once again becomes lost in Almah's eyes. Lavender is touched by Almah's concern and hopeful about being singled out from the group like that. When Almah mentions the bed, Lavender's mind goes to the gutter, and when is is obvious that Almah is about to leave, it turns into a desperate and impulsive idea.

Lavender puts the charm on. "Well, It's too bad its already so late. We haven't had alot of time to chat lately, with how busy the city has been, and there is alot of things I'd still like to talk to you about before we leave tomorrow. If only you weren't so busy, It would be cool to spend the night and have a nice long chat. Pale mountain is pretty far away, it might be awhile before we can talk again..." Lavender says with a genuine sad tone and look in her eyes, which are still captivated by Almah's.

Almah's not getting away that easily! ;p

I figure we can move the game on and continue rping this out in spoilers, unless you think it is important to resolve it first or if it will have a large impact on us leaving. I don't want to hold everyone up.


ready

Qadira

Night tea costs 1sp per dose, and prevents pregnancy in a humanoid female for 24 hours (Adventurer's Armory pages 17 and 21 - although listed under 'black market items, it's not illegal in Katapesh (not much is...)).

Lavender:
Almah is happy to sit and talk, for while... although she seems oblivious to any more intimate undertones Lavender may be trying to get across...

In the morning a fair crowd gathers to see the village's heroes off: Almah (flanked by some of her guards) of course, the high priestess Durriyah leaning her frail form against a weathered wooden staff, Father Zastoran, and several of Keldar's employees (with Torra bathed, scented, and clad in her finest dress of silk), not to mention a crowd of village-folk who managed to catch wind of the upcoming quest. With cheers, waves, and a few tears echoing in their ears, the Knight Protectors begin their journey, striking out north-east after crossing the bridge over the river, and passing Undrella's tannery and the (now back in working order) water mill. Undrella herself is nowhere to be seen...

Following the path of the river the journey proves to be hard going across the rugged mountain terrain, but uneventful, with nothing more interesting than a pair of eagles soaring overhead around midday. During the trek, Zaina takes the time to reaquaint herself with her friends, asking about all the gossip and events since she was last on the mortal plane. She also conjures a light breeze to help keep her Master cool as the sun peaks in the heavens above. For her part, clad in worn leather boots and light desert robes, Haleen appears to take the harsh terrain in stride, and chats to the others along the way. She both teases Yousef about the manner of his son's unexpected appearance on the scene, and asks more serious questions about what her half-orc lover plans for the future, now that he's a family man. She also spends some time walking with Lavender, asking in hushed tones what the story is between the sorceress, Bahram, Undrella, and now Zaina... and obviously expecting (or at least hoping for) something scandalous!

The sun is close to setting when the group find themselves navigating a rather steep slope up the side of a small waterfall, where the river which eventually passes through Kelmarane cascades from rocky rapids and over a time-worn cliff before continuing on, back the way the travellers came. Zaina hovers close by Bahram, offering words of encouragement as he works his way slowly towards the top with the rest of the earth-bound party members, even as she marvels at the beauty of the mingling of primal elemental forces the waterfall represents. Haleen practically bounces up the slope like a mountain goat (well... a really good-looking mountain goat, maybe...) in the lead, but then crouches down, signaling for quiet, as she reaches the top. After a few moments, she makes her way back down towards the rest of the group...

'Griffons,' she says, a look of wonder in her kohl-rimmed eyes, 'magnificent creatures! A mated pair, by looks of them,' she glances towards Keldar and adds, 'although I'm hardly an expert on the subject. It looks like they've stopped to drink at the river.'

Knowledge (arcana) DC 14:
With the body of a lion and the head, forelegs, and wings of a great eagle, griffons are known to be intelligent creatures of magic - smarter than simple animals, but lacking the intellect or language of the civilised humanoid races. They're also known to be highly territorial, and excellent aerial predators, able to swoop down or pounce upon their prey and rip them to shreds in seconds. Griffon eggs or young fetch high prices at market, since the creatures can be raised and trained as mounts (although the Church of Sarenrae, at least, considers such an act, without the creature's consent, equal to slavery). Griffons are said to mate for life.


Take 10 kn; Arcana for 19.

"They mate for life and they'r also highly territorial.." Bahram mutters as he crouches down by Haleen and watches them play, the information tumbling from his lips almost unconsciously. "..intelligent, and very dangerous. They can be trained as mounts if you hatch an egg or catch a youngling, but smart as they are, some would say it's equal to slavery." Bahram glances at Rashid as the last bit stumbles from his mouth.

"They'r also exellent aerial predators, able to swoop down and pounce their prey. Certain death in a flurry of feathers and claws. Can we get around them? Or should we lie down and wait till they leave?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid shrugs.

"I would prefer not to hurt them, unless in self-defense, but if we approach, I fear they would class it as provocation. How about we wait for a little while, and see whether they move on. Failing that, well, it is approaching evening; we could always camp here for the night..."


"Yeah. Might as well stay for a while. What's a few hours against something that has been brewing for years."


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

The night before:

Actually, when Lavender mentioned spend the night, she was implying something more along the lines of a sleepover. She would clarify that, to see if she could get an answer. Although confused a moment ago, with everything that has happened, Lavender is just plain convinced that she is in love, and she wants her. Obviously Lavender has a hidden agenda with the sleep over, but ultimately the goal is to attempt to confirm, or awaken, Almah's feelings towards Lavender, in a more intimate setting.

If Almah agrees...:
to have a sleepover, they would set a time to meet, and whether it was at Almah's home, Lavender's, or an Inn. Lavender would prefer Almah's place if possible assuming it would be more private compared to her place shared with the other PC's, but she is not going to invite herself if Almah does not make the suggestion. She would push the inn a bit harder than her pad, but ultimately if Lavender gets to spend the night with Almah, she doesn't care where they are.

When Lavender gets home, she prepares herself. If the sleep over is at Lavender's place, she gets as many cushions for her bed as possible, giving them a light spray of perfume, sets up some incenses, and sets out more than enough wine. She bathes, making sure she is super clean and she puts on some make up and perfume, making sure she looks perfect. She picks out a sexy little silk nightgown for the event, nothing that will hopefully scare Almah away, but could help in seducing her. She then patiently waits for Almah to arrive or heads over to the meet, placing her gown, some wine, perfume and incenses in her pack.

If Almah disagrees...:
...about having the sleepover, Lavender will stay and talk as long as Almah is willing to stay. At some point during their conversation, Lavender asks a very personal question to Almah.

"So Almah, are you in love with anyone?" Lavender asks, hoping that there is a position open to be filled. If Almah is in love with someone, she tries to get as much info as she can.

Assuming that Almah would fire the same question back at some point, Lavender would have a different answer depending on Almah's answer.

If Almah is in a relationship, Lavender lies, saying that she is not in love with anyone, but is curious and interested in finding someone.
If Almah is not in love, or only has a crush, or if Lavender just doesn't know Almah's relations with the one she loves, she bites the bullet and confesses, not wanting to let things go like this before she leaves.

"Ok, I'll tell you who I love..." Lavender looks around to make sure no one is looking, and then leans in as if to whisper it to Almah, waving her hand for Almah to lean in closer too. Assuming she does, Lavender leans in, but insted of whispering, Lavender places her hand on Almah's cheek and then her mouth to hers, giving her a quick, yet wet kiss. Looking Almah in the Eyes, Lavender says, I love you..."

Lavender is all smiles at the cast off, she gives Almah a bashful wave before they depart.

Lavender excitedly gabs with Zaina, happy to have her little friend back. She asks her a lot of mundane questions about her life in the other plane of existence. She laughs at how worried Yousef gets by Haleens questioning, and turns their strange relationship with Nyx and Undrella into an exaggerated soap opera (being a bit careful around the Nyx subject.).

"Aww, They are so majestic! I can't blame someone for wanting to ride a creature like that..." When Bahram mentions that they are smart enough to be considered slaves, Lavender looks over and asks "Really? Are they smart enough to understand speech? Maybe we could just ask them to let us by peacefully?" Despite her question, Lavender has no problem with hunkering down for the night.

Qadira

Peering over the top of the slope reveals the two griffons - each the size of a camel, the majestic creatures have the bodies of lions, and the heads, forelegs, and wings of a great eagle. The creatures are perched by the river's edge, lapping at the water, and occassionally nuzzling each other...

... Suddenly, as you watch, one of the griffons looks up, as if it had just detected something... moments later, four gnolls flicker into existence on top of a large (maybe ten feet across) boulder next to the griffons and, in two pairs of two, cast large rope nets with cruel metal barbs sewn into them over the two griffons! As the startled griffons start to struggle and screech, the gnolls drop down from the boulder, keeping hold of ropes fastened to the nets, and begin fighting to keep the griffons trapped...

The struggle is maybe a hundred feet from your position, although it's not classed as difficult terrain (the ground levels out at the top of he slope, and there's not enough debris along the river bank at this point to class as difficult terrain). The river's on your left as you look at the scene, fast flowing, although only little over ten feet wide at this point. The relatively flat river bank area is maybe another ten feet wide, and beyond that the terrain rises steeply. Neither the griffons nor the gnolls appear to have spotted you yet.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 23:
The gnolls appear to have emerged from under the cover of an invisibility sphere spell. Such a spell has a radius of ten feet around the recipient, and effects each individual within that radius seperately - so there could be more people invisibly lurking atop the boulder... although any such people could also still move about invisible as well...

Knowledge (local) DC 20:
The four gnolls bear the trappings of Al'Vohr's Hunters - one of the lesser tribes devoted to the Carrion King, and said to consist of just six accomplished gnoll hunters and their flind leader - Al'Vohr. Al'Vohr is a living legend in the Pale Mountain region who supposedly single-handedly slew a roc in its sleep and fed upon its eggs - some even claim he was a normal gnoll before this act, and that the experience caused him to grow into one of the more intelligent 'flind' variety of gnoll. The Hunters are known to be skilled trackers, who enjoy ambushing their prey at night.

Lavender:
Almah can't accept the offer to stay the night - having far too much work to do (and being something of a workaholic) - but does stay to chat for a while...

Quote:
"So Almah, are you in love with anyone?"

Almah quietly blushes, and turns her face away slightly, before sighing and smiling sadly,

'You'll think me silly,' she replies, 'and you can't tell anyone this, but...' she hesitates for a moment, before pressing on, '... I think I may be in love with Garavel. He's handsome, and strong, and loyal to a fault... perfect husband material, really... if not for the Pactmasters' favour which suppresses his emotions,' she adds, refering to the strange silvery metal bolt which the major-domo has implanted in his left temple. Shaking her head, Almah continues, 'I know the favour is, in its way, a great honour, that it ensures loyalty to our masters, and prevents emotional outbursts... but I suppose the woman and the merchant in me are in conflict on that point. Never-the-less, he may one day have it removed, when his service to the Pactmasters is complete - and in the meantime, I'm content to wait. I suppose the favour is doing its job twice - not only aiding Garavel to be a better servant to the Pactmasters, but aiding me to be a better servant to them too - by keeping my mind on business matters...'


k. local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/

wand clw 30

single move, cast p. fire and throw.
ranged touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


kn Arcana 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"That was an invisibility sphere spell they just dropped out of by attacking. There could be more of the gnolls." Bahram states as he watches the boulder for any signs of movement.

"We can't let them.. Oh wait! Keldar... Damit!" Seeing Keldar rush forward Bahram cast and reaches out to touch Yousef. "I'm casting an invisibility spell on you. Don't resist." He warns the half-orc.


F +5; R +7 (+8 traps); W +3 (+5 fear)
AC 19 (21 Ce); TAC 13; FFAC 15; CMD 19 (21 vs dirty trick)
hp 37/37 | Temp 0 | NL 0

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Stealth 1d20 + 9 - 5 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 5 + 20 = 29
Double move towards the action. I think it would be either 50 or 55 ft.

Bahram wrote:
"We can't let them.. Oh wait! Keldar... Damit!" Seeing Keldar rush forward Bahram cast and reaches out to touch Yousef. "I'm casting an invisibility spell on you. Don't resist." He warns the half-orc.

"Uh, thanks. I think if I cut the ropes to the nets, I'll stay invisible. Right." Yousef waits for a yes, then runs off as fast as he can while remaining stealthy.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 35
AC 12 | touch 12 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 12
Fort +2 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)
Immunities magical sleep | Resist electricity 10
____________________________________________________________________

Round 1 (or Surprise round?)

Lavender is surprised by what she sees and hears. "W-wait. Gnolls can cast MAGIC!? How horrifying!" Lavender says, highly irritated that her most hated enemies can cast magic. Regardless, Lavender is more than happy to let out some aggression on some gnolls. She then starts to cast one of her new spells for the first time in actual combat.
Sleep (DC 16)

She aims at either group of gnolls that is not hurt.

If this is not a surprise round, then Lavender will try to find cover nearby, she takes it if she does. .

Init 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Last Night:
Lavender felt another shock of electricity go through her. This one however, did not feel good. Not at all. But it did knock her mind back into reality a bit. "Oh... I see... Wow, I can't believe that I didn't notice! Thinking back it is pretty obvious, you two would make a perfect couple." Lavender asks her more about it and the strange Favour thing of Garavel's. She felt sad for Almah. Here sat two women who could not be with the one they loved. One last little thought came to Lavender, before she had time to think it through she asked. "That is such a long time to wait. Have you ever thought of, well, uhm... a fling? You know, a little bit of temporary compassion or uhh... well, r-release?" Lavender asks, blushing at such a personal question, not daring to look Almah in the eyes.

Qadira

I'll switch Keldar's actions sequence round a bit, if I may, to account for the surprise round, and the fact that produce flame is kind of a weird spell (in that when cast it summons the flame to your hand, and you can carry it around and chuck it afterwards, unlike normal fire-n-forget ranged touch spells)...

Summoning a torch-bright flame into the palm of his hand, Keldar slips over the ridge of the slope...

Meanwhile, at Bahram's touch and the utterance of a mystical word, Yousef fades from sight...

'Ooh, good plan, my Master!' coos Zaina, as she casts a similar spell on Haleen, 'You're so clever!'

'What th..?' begins Haleen as the tiny zhyen turns her invisible. A moment later, the swordswoman's laugh can be heard as she says, 'Okay - now this is the way to kill gnolls!'

Peaking over the edge of the slope, Lavender utters a spell of her own, gesturing towards the gnolls... Suddenly one of them lets go of the rope it's controlling, yawns, stretches... then falls over in a deep sleep...

A moment later Keldar hustles towards the gnolls, hurling the fire from his palm as he goes... Blazing along the twilight enshrouded river bank, the flame impacts the gnoll who's partner has just decided to take a nap in a shower of hot sparks. The gnoll yelps as it's burned, small licks of flame still dancing across its fur and studded leather armour, but fights to stay in control of the rope it's holding, fastened to the net covering one of the griffons.

'What's the plan?' Haleen's voice calls out to Yousef as they make their way towards the gnolls and griffons, 'Free the beasts?'

Okay, right now Rashid has his surprise round action to do, and Rashid, Bahram, Zaina, and Lavender all have their first round actions to do. After that it's the gnolls and griffons, then it's on to round two... Keldar is 80ft from the action, Yousef and Haleen are 25ft from the action (after three stealthy moves at 25ft each), and the others are 100ft from the action. As always, I hope it makes sense! :)


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19.

Ooo. So close! :-/

"Well, we cannot let them enslave those poor creatures!"

Rashid then rushes forwards.

Surprise Round:

Move 20' forward.

Round 1:

A run action will place him next to the Gnolls.

2,601 to 2,650 of 2,898 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.