Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,451 to 2,500 of 2,898 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Qadira

Glad you're still with us, Rashid! I trust that means you'll not be turning down the chance to live again if a spell to that effect comes your way..?

Plunging forwards through the swirling pearlescent mists the group follow the corridor for a good seventy feet or so, at which point a vast cavern looms ahead, its outlines obscured by eerie vapours. Foul with the scent of ancient decay (for those still breathing...), these noisome mists crawl unnaturally along the chamber's irregular floor. Unnerving outlines rise among the strange miasma, then fade back into nothingness as quickly as they appeared. An ancient barge dominates the chamber, hanging unsupported in the air. Little more than a skeleton of scorched spars and torn planks, portions of the ancient vessel flicker and fade, almost as unstable as the shifting vapours around it.

Hovering in the air a little below the barge is a mysterious figure wrapped in mist and strips of ancient robes, the curves of her outline those of a shapely maiden. From beneath the rune-embroidered tatters stretch four pale-grey arms, each bearing either a scroll or some strange arcane-looking device. Hidden in the cowl of her hood shimmer the faintest outlines of a veiled face and a pair of eyes flickering with barely restrained energy. Slowly orbiting the figure float an impressive collection of scrolls. As you enter the chamber the figure appears to be chanting mystic words, but soon she pauses, her glowing green eyes turning towards you,

'Greetings, seekers,' her 'voice' seems to wordlessly caress your minds with something akin to a lover's gentle touch, 'demonstrate your mastery of the art as your friend here has,' she gestures towards Lavender, 'and the power you crave shall be yours... unless, like her, you choose to reject the blazing fires of enlightenment in favour of the gentle comforts of ignorance...'

Keldar:
You're not sure what's really going on here, and everything just seems so foggy in your mind... The draining touch of the lamia earlier, now all these different visions... as you inadvertantly breath the mists it all starts to simply seem too much to cope with... better to just wander lost in the mists, babbling whatever stray thoughts drift across your fuddled mind, than to try to figure it all out... You're essentially under the 'babble incoherantly' effect of a confusion spell, although round by round you can attempt a DC 15 Will save in order to focus enough to act normally... and speak sense... for that round.

Bahram:
As you breathe deeply of the mists, the scene before you transforms - where the floating barge once looked like a run-down wreck, it is now revealed to you in all its majesty - a splended vessel, afloat on a sea of clouds! You find it hard to even notice your companions next to you as the crew - beautiful people of all races and creeds, bedecked in finery only seen in ancient Osirian paintings of the gods - peer over the side of the celestial barge and call down to you, their words in no language you recognise, for no mortal tongue could sound so beautiful, yet their meaning is clear: that you join them as they travel through time and space on the barge of Nethys...

The four-armed woman's glowing eyes appear to seek you out as her voice sounds once more in your mind...

'Show me something I've not seen before, prove to me your mastery of the arts, and you can join them on the barge. Enlightenment... or, at least, the first steps along the path - for the path is an infinite journey - shall be yours.'

Lavender and Yousef:
The four-armed woman's glowing eyes appear to narrow as she takes in the two of you, her voice sounding once more in your minds...

'If you are not seekers, then it is safer for you to leave now. The Breath of Nethys is cruel to minds which fight against it... as you have already witnessed. Besides... what do you think you can accomplish here, standing there with your breath held and your lungs ready to burst? I advise you take your befuddled friend,' she gestures towards Keldar... who seems to be muttering incoherantly to himself... 'and await the seeker in a chamber where the god's Breath does not reach...'


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

man that cat guy sure put the hurt on me with those hoofs. nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills nno thats not it. dogs have hoofs, cats have paws, horses claws, no no horses fins dogs feet cats cats pigs scales scales up down in horse wings cats hoofs birds gills


Yousef surreptitiously reaches a hand into his pocket...

Sleight of Hands1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

...and pulls out a thunderstone and throws it at the four-armed woman's feet.

Ranged touch at the square she is in. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Thunderstone:
You can throw this stone as a ranged attack with a range increment of 20 feet. When it strikes a hard surface (or is struck hard), it creates a deafening bang that is treated as a sonic attack. Each creature within a 10-foot-radius spread must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or be deafened for 1 hour. A deafened creature, in addition to the obvious effects, takes a –4 penalty on initiative and has a 20% chance to miscast and lose any spell with a verbal component that it tries to cast.

Since you don't need to hit a specific target, you can simply aim at a particular 5-foot square. Treat the target square as AC 5.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Profpotts, Yousef:
Lavender narrows her eyes at the four armed magical cruise tour lady. She is quickly learning to despise Nethys...

"This foul mist has blinded us to the truth and it has cost us a loving friend, as you so cruelly pointed out. I demand he be brought back to life at once, or you provide a means for his resurrection." She then crosses her arms and waits for a response.

Lavender still holds her breath but I doubt she can hold it while speaking.

Hold Breath 1d100 ⇒ 35 if possible...
fort1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Lavender in the Sky with Daimonds...

Bahram, your god and his underlings are a bunch of cold hearted jerks :P


Prof:

"Very well." Bahram says, determined to see this through. 'The answers must lie beyond.'

Setting his feet apart he launches into a summoning spell, calling forth a small air elemental augmented by his mastery of summoning.

Qadira

As Keldar wanders around, babbling to himself, there's a sudden 'BANG!' from beneath where the four-armed woman is floating. Glancing down for a moment, her glowing eyes turn towards Yousef,

'That doesn't really count as any sort of "mastery" of the mystical arts,' her voice smoothly slips through your minds, 'although I suppose I can appreciate the effort...'

Yousef and Lavender:
Quote:
"This foul mist has blinded us to the truth and it has cost us a loving friend, as you so cruelly pointed out. I demand he be brought back to life at once, or you provide a means for his resurrection."

'The only "foulness" in the Breath of Nethys,' the woman's silent voice retorts, 'is that you bring with you. You chose to ignore my warnings about the effects of the mists on the ill-prepared... not once, but twice now... just as you failed to heed my mention of the cursed seeker... the one who slew your friend. You seem adamant about rejecting the mists, myself, and even the god Nethys... You are in no fit state of mind to receive the gifts I can offer, no matter how much you may demand them. Again, I suggest that, for your own safety, you take your befuddled friend and retreat to where the Breath does not reach.'

... Although by the time the woman's 'voice' grows silent once more, Lavender is off in la-la land... Lavender: You're essentially under the 'babble incoherantly' effect of a confusion spell, although round by round you can attempt a DC 15 Will save in order to focus enough to act normally... and speak sense... for that round.

Quote:
"Very well."

says Bahram as he starts to cast a spell... a few seconds later a small, vaguely humanoid, figure appears to form out the the mists at his feet...

Bahram:
'You have an impressive talent for a difficult area of magic,' the four-armed woman's words form like intimate whispers in your mind as she holds out one of her arms towards you, 'come, take my hand, journey on the Barge of Nethys. I suggest you urge your friends to leave first - they risk much staying within the Breath of Nethys with closed and ignorant minds. The usual constraints of time and space mean little to The All Seeing Eye: no matter how long your journey of enlightenment takes, to them the wait will be a short one. You are a true seeker, and have demonstrated your mystical talents - I will assure no harm comes to you on the Barge, and that you return to them safely... you have my word.'


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
48 -4 wis
wand clw 34/30

Prof:
will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Prof:

Bahram takes the offered hand, letting her lead him to the barge. 'Thank you.' he says, 'But my friends speak true, we came in the hopes of finding a means to bring back our friend.' he says as she leads him off.

"You'd best head back." Bahram says turning to his friends, trying to sound as confident as he can. "I'll be out shortly, I promise."

Turning back to the four armed woman he hesitates before continuing. 'But I have another.. task?' he starts, looking for words. 'A love has been lost to me, lost back to her home plain, I hope to find a way for us to re-unite..' he trails off, unsure how to continue he looks to the guide hopefully.


Yousef stares at the woman, not sure what to do. How long can I hold my breath? I've got a dead Rashid on my shoulder. Keldar is babbling....Lavender is starting. He shrugs Rashid off of his shoulders and lies him on his back. He tilts back Rashid's head pinches his nostrils with one hand while he opens the dwarf's mouth. I've seen priests do this before. Maybe the magic air might do something. Dawnflower, please make this work."

Yousef breathes in deep then exhales the air into Rashids mouth, and hopefully his lungs.

Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Profpotts, Yousef?:
Lavender babels uncontrollably. The only thing that makes sense is the anger and frustration in her voice.

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 }+2 vs enchantment

Qadira

Keldar and Lavender both manage to find a brief moment of clarity in their babblings, as Yousef lays down Rashid's corpse and starts, it seems, to kiss it (must be something about dating a necromancer... ;) ), and Bahram takes a hand offered by the four-armed woman, turns to the others, and confidently says,

Quote:
"You'd best head back... I'll be out shortly, I promise."

Glancing towards the others, the four-armed woman's 'voice' sounds in their minds as she rises, bringing Bahram with her, towards the barge,

'The seeker's journey will be swifter, safer, and easier if you heed his words and leave this chamber.'

Meanwhile, whatever it is that Yousef thinks he's doing, it doesn't appear to be helping to rouse the dead... Maybe a little more tongue? On second thoughts, we'd not want Rashid's immortal soul to refuse to return to his body if you do find way to raise the dead... ;)

Bahram:
You rise effortlessly towards the barge as you take the hand of the four-armed woman, almost as if it's more the floor, the chamber, the very material world itself falling away while you remain constant. As the barge approaches, seemingly floating on the sea of pearlescent mists, your guide's words once more caress your mind,

'With magic all things are possible... You are capable of anything you put your mind to... all it takes is power. Death can lose its sting, and lovers - old and new - can be conjured at your whim. Power requires desire, and a willingness to put aside those things which may stand in the way of your enlightenment. Your female friend seems upset that Nethys is not a good deity - for the All Seeing Eye good and evil are simple shades on the tapestry of existence: the only things that matter are knowledge and magic... and both knowledge and magic are power. It may be said that power corrupts, but is that true? Or does it simply make the moral substance of a man plainer for all to see? Put aside the everyday concerns of mortal existence and embrace the neverending quest for greater knowledge, greater magic, greater power, and everything you could ever desire - be it good or evil, world-shattering or frivilous - everything shall be yours.'


LOL it was worth a shot ;P


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

What is she talking about? This place has me all confused


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Don't worry about the crazy boat lady." Lavender says to Keldar. She then looks down at Yousef. "Yousef is obviously hallucinating... lets get out of here before we start to as well... I'm sure Bahram will be fine... he knows a lot more about magic and Nethys than I do..." Lavender helps the others with getting out of the hallway as quickly as possible. As she leaves, she looks over her shoulder back towards Bahram with a worried expression.

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 }+2 vs enchantment


Prof:
Bahram listens to her words intently, like a child listening to his lost mothers words, clinging desperately to every sentence he looks into her eyes feeling lost in their depth.

Watching the barge approach and his friends receed he feels both anxious and hopefull.

'I have strived to learn since I was a young boy, ever since my uncle got killed and the genie left me scarred, I have spent every effort to understand magic better, it's history, lore and it's practical aplication. Nethys has been my god for he holds the secrets in his heart, secrets I can only glean bit by bit... But I fear... I fear that I can not emulate him in all ways. I cling to too many things. Love, friendship... My friends, my love Zaina... Must I put them aside to grow? My first love is to magic, but I love them all no less! You say to put everything aside, but I must tell it truthfully that they have all made me strive to be better that I am and through that my power has grown!'

Qadira

I'll assume that Yousef and Keldar retreat with Lavender then? In that case...

Heading back to the room full of tattered papyrus, it once more takes five or so minutes for the confusing effects of the strange mists to wear off...

Bahram:
The four-armed woman seems to listen to your words... but offers no immediate reply, as the two of you set foot on the deck of the magnificent barge. Within moments the crew of beautiful, and exotic, beings have surrounded you, offing you splended garments to wear, ambrosia-like food and drink to consume, and a mountain of silken cusions to relax upon.

As the barge continues on its journey, sailing off between the stars, incredible unearthly scenes unfold all around you - whole universes popping into existence, only to vanish moments later in a shower of bright sparks, colours beyond anything a mortal mind can comprehend crashing like waves against the barge's bow, the spray from the waves transforming into butterflies or maybe butterfly-winged pixies as they break over the decks, music which you can see, feel, taste, drifting through the air... And all the while you and your fellow passengers engage in what seems to be one long symposium discussing the intricacies of magic...

Throughout your travels - time quickly ceases to have any meaning, as one moment blends in with the next - the four-armed woman remains your constant compainion - always there to offer you just the right food or drink you happen to crave, her skilled hands easing any tensions from your body almost before you realise they're there, but most importantly of all, she proves to be an insightful and knowledgable guide, steering the constant conversation in the direction you need it to go with a quiet word or a seemingly innocent observation, never simply telling you answers, but always knowing the right things to allow you to come to realisations and revelations on your own...

Finally, after hours, or months, or a lifetime... or maybe just a moment between heartbeats, for ultimately, you somehow realise, all are the same... there's a natural break in the flow of the conversation and you glance up to see that the barge has once more descended into the strange pearlescent mists... It takes a while for you to recall what the mists are, for it was a lifetime... or a heartbeat... ago that you departed on your journey, but somehow the time seems right and, without the need to exchange words, you once more take one of the hands of your four-armed guide as float down from the deck of the barge to alight on the cavern floor...

Standing, facing you, the four-armed woman's eyes glow green, the only visible parts of her ever-shrouded face, as two slender grey arms place an ornate amulet - a green crystal in the shape of an eye in a silver setting on a silver chain - around your neck, and the other two hold forth two scrolls...

'You have done well,' her now-familiar voice caresses your mind, 'wear this amulet - my token - as a symbol of your first steps on the path to enlightenment, that is my gift to you, freely given. But you must also choose one scroll of these two to take. One will restore your companion to life... the other will restore your lost love to your arms... The choice is yours, but you can only depart this place with one of them...'

The guide's token - the amulet - increases the DC of any spells you cast by +1 as long as you wear it prominantly. As for which scroll to choose... that's up to you! ;)

In any case, when you depart the chamber to rejoin your friends, you find that only a few minutes have passed (for them at least)...

... and not long after, Bahram emerges from the mist-filled passage, an ornate (an eye-like green crystal set in silver) amulet around his neck, and a scroll in his hands... but which scroll is it..?


Prof:
Standing there for a gut-wrenching moment Bahram knows what he must do even before the offer is made. Looking wistfully at the scroll which promises to return Zaina he accepts the scroll which will restore Rashid to life. 'There will be another time, another oportunity, for our love to re-unite. The time is now to call Rashid back to us, I know Zaina will forgive me the choice I had to make.' he tells the guide, feeling serene with his choice. Kissing her hand he turns and walks down the passage to meet his friends, unfurling the scroll as he walks to look at it's contents.

Can Bahram cast said spell from the scroll or will we need to find a divine caster?

"Thank you for your patience. I hope you did not have to wait too long, but this scroll will restore Rashid to us, if his soul is willing to return to it's body." he says to his friends as he emerges.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender frowns. "What happened on the boat?"


Bahram smiles at Lavander, knowing she's curious despite herself. "She showed me the most wonderful things; We sailed from star to star and looked upon world upon worlds. We talked and she told me things, answering my questions before I could think of asking them. It was beautiful Lav, you should have joined us." frowning he cocks his head and examines Lavander with sad eyes. "Maybe later Lav, when you really want to know. When your curiosity leads you to the one who has all the answers."

"She gave me this token, a symbol of the all seeing eye, and she gave me a choice. She presented me with two scrolls, one would restore Rashid to life, the other would have restored Zaina to my arms." his smile flickers at the thought of Zaina, "But I knew before she offered that I would need to make a choice, and I know Zaina will forgive me the choice I made. There will be other oportunities and now I know for sure that the way exists, now I just need to find it out for myself. A simple spell of lesser planar binding would do to summon her back to Golarion but, frankly, I'm hoping to find something more permanent. If Zaina would accept the offer that is.."


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

As Bahram explains what had happened, it is obvious that Lavender is getting angry. When told about having to chose between Rashid and Zaina, she looks absolutly livid. As Bahram finishes, Lavennder closes her eyes and hugs her legs to her chest. "Ohh Bahram, I'm so sorry!" She says in a sorrowful voice as she burries her face into her knees. "It's all my fault..."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
ProfPotts wrote:

I'll assume that Yousef and Keldar retreat with Lavender then? In that case...

Heading back to the room full of tattered papyrus, it once more takes five or so minutes for the confusing effects of the strange mists to wear off...

** spoiler omitted **...

yes stagered out with her


Bahram goes over to Lavander and lays a hand on her shoulder reasuringly, "No." he says calmly, "The choice was mine, and I am at peace with it. We could not have known what awaited us, what the fog would do to us or what awaited beyond. We we're all under it's influence, our actions were not our own. Come, take heart, Rashid will return to us."

If Bahram can cast the spell of the scroll, he will. If not, he'll hand it to Keldar to see if he can cast it.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
Bahram Zarishu wrote:

Bahram goes over to Lavander and lays a hand on her shoulder reasuringly, "No." he says calmly, "The choice was mine, and I am at peace with it. We could not have known what awaited us, what the fog would do to us or what awaited beyond. We we're all under it's influence, our actions were not our own. Come, take heart, Rashid will return to us."

If Bahram can cast the spell of the scroll, he will. If not, he'll hand it to Keldar to see if he can cast it.

WILL LOOK AT IT IF NEEDED TO.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"No...Think about it! If I went onto the boat in the first place, then I could have chosen the other scroll... You'd have Zaina back... And we might not have lost Rashid. The mists don't seem to affect you anymore, I would have been able to help fight that leopard guy... Everything Four-Arms said to me was misleading and open-ended, with promises of things I didn't care about. I was too afraid to take a chance and not see everyone again...Why couldn't she just tell it to me straight?"

Qadira

Unfurling the scroll, Bahram's eyes scan over the intricate and complex writings covering its surface... then he begins to chant...

Bahram:
The magic of the scroll is different and more complicated than anything you've attempted before... but, even though the memories of your journey on the barge of Nethys are quickly fading to a dull, dream-like, rememberance, you know that if you're quick about it, you should be able to keep what you learnt clear in your mind long enough to get the spell cast...

Slowly walking round where Rashid's body lays on the cold flagstone floor Bahram continues to chant; as he does so, a breeze whips up from seemingly nowhere, carrying fragments of shredded papyrus with it as it too begins to circle the body. As Bahram's casting continues, his voice starts to sound strained, a bead of sweat rolls down his face from his forehead, a ghostly moan echoes through the chamber, and the stirred papyrus fragments briefly burst into flame before crumbling to ash which is scattered by the ever-increasing breeze...

Then, a minute after he start to cast the spell, the scroll itself ignites, in an instant burning to ash in the sorcerer's hands! Gale-force winds rip through the chamber, vague ghost-like images barely visible within them, spiralling around Rashid's corpse and lifting it bodily into the air! A howl like a choir of voices all screaming at once shrieks out, there's a blinding flash of light, then...

... everything's still and quiet...

... A few moments later and everyone's vision starts to return. Rashid's body once more lays on the floor... then his eyes flick open!

Rashid's back! He's suffering from two negative levels, has a 50% chance of having lost any spells he still had prepared, and is on his level in Hit Points (as per usual for a raise dead spell), but he is back amongst the living!


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Wow, just wow. I had heard of such things but wow. Wow.sits there stund


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Create Water - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 56.
Detect Magic - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 79.
Guidance - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 80.
Virtue - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 8.
Comprehend Languages - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 26.
Protection from Evil - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 66.
Shield of Faith - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 27.
Lesser Restoration - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 27.
Sound Burst - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 25.
Bless Weapon - (High is good): 1d100 ⇒ 22.

Ow. That was brutal :-/

Rashid weakly staggers to his feet.

"Wha... What happened? The last thing I remember was that beast readying to tear Bahram apart... *sniff* ...and why do I smell like Yousef?"

It is good to be back :-)


Helping Rashid stand Bahram dusts him off as he can, inspecting his wounds and the tears in his armor and clothing with a 'tsk'.

"You should lie down my friend, you died and we just brought you back my friend." he says with concern. "Please, sit."

"We were attacked when we emerged from the gas by a man under the curse of lycanthropy wielding this accursed katar, En-Nebi, we were all confused and acting wierd for we did not know what to expect from the gas but... when you died we went back in and... and spoke.. to the guardian/guide and she gave us the means to bring you back. So let's set up camp here, alright? You need to gather your strength, we all do."

Qadira

Quote:
It is good to be back :-)

Good to have you back! :)


Rashid al-Gahiji wrote:


Rashid weakly staggers to his feet.

"Wha... What happened? The last thing I remember was that beast readying to tear Bahram apart... *sniff* ...and why do I smell like Yousef?"

"Uh...no reason. You must still be suffering from some of the hallucinations or something." Uncomfortable pause.

Bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"HEY! Great to have you back big guy!"


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Welcome back, my frend.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Yeah, its good to see you up and alive again. Are you feeling ok?" Lavender says, wiping tears away from her eyes.

"I think Bahram is right. It has been a rough day, maybe rest is in order?" She say, this time getting the better of her emotions.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid smiles weakly.

"I... died...? That explains a lot... I remember a bright light, and flying... but then it is all a blur..."

His voice trails off, before he shakes himself, and continues.

"Forgive me, I am still feeling quite drained; death apparently really takes it out of you! I agree, resting sounds like a wonderful idea."

Rashid then turns to regard Yousef...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15.

...he raises an eyebrow, looks the Half-Orc up-and-down, and smirks.

"I... see. That is entirely possible, but I have a feeling there might be a little more to it than that; I remember almost all of you were acting very strangely, right before I... died..."

Qadira

If you're setting up camp in the room full of shredded papyrus (and a dead lycanthrope...) then let me know what you're doing. Otherwise... just let me know what you're doing! But feel free to continue the post-resurrection banter too, it's fun stuff! :)


"Nothing untoward happened!" Bahram injects quickly, "Yousef just carried you into the tunnel and back out, that's all!"

"But seriously, we need to rest. Shall we retreat to the lamias camp or just curl up here? I seem to recall some nasty critters prowling these ruins, it might be a better call to move topside."


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

I wonder what happened... Bahram was a little *too* emphatic, there..

Shrugging his shoulders, Rashid moves on.

"From what I remember, the Lamia's camp was situated in fairly open ground; at least down here, we can find a defensible room... However, whichever room we pick, I suggest we clean it up a little, first."

Before sleeping, Rashid will spend sometime changing his remaining spell slots to cure spells, and healing himself.

CSW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5, 7) + 3 = 16.
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.

Rashid still has a spare CLW, and CMW, which he will direct to whomever speaks-up first :-)

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 3) + 3 = 14.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Wasn't the Lamia's "camp" an illusion at the entrance of this temple? We can go there to camp anyway." Lavender says and then looks at the leopard-man, and then back towards the closed misty hallway. Anything to get away from this terrible place...


All of Bahram's dmg is non-leathal so a rest should get that out of the way, I'm sure others are more wounded.

"Ok then, let's find a defensible room."

We're going to find a room that's defensible then, we need to rest. But I'm not recalling any such room in the descriptions we got on our way down, am I wrong?


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
Bahram Zarishu wrote:

All of Bahram's dmg is non-leathal so a rest should get that out of the way, I'm sure others are more wounded.

"Ok then, let's find a defensible room."

We're going to find a room that's defensible then, we need to rest. But I'm not recalling any such room in the descriptions we got on our way down, am I wrong?

Alrighty than

Qadira

It's up to you guys if and when you camp. None of the rooms you've been in yet have had only a single entrance (except, maybe, the mist-filled cavern with the barge in it, but that doesn't seem like a good spot to rest up...). From a purely metagame point of view, you've actually only got one room left to look at in the whole temple (the way you haven't yet checked off the room with the four trapped statues) - the cavern with the barge in it, and the fight with the leopard guy, are pretty much written in as the adventure climax - so make of that what you will.


Check the last room, loot as much as we can, then head back to camp?


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Re-reading the archive, I realise that Keldar and Yousef healed after the battle, so I will keep those last two spell slots (1 x 1st, 1 x 2nd) in reserve for later.

I also realise that we have not tried to identify those four 'dehydrated' potions that we discovered earlier...

Spellcraft (potion #1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.
Spellcraft (potion #2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
Spellcraft (potion #3): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.
Spellcraft (potion #4): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.

Rashid pauses thoughtfully.

"There is still plenty of life left (once again) in this old Dwarf's hide; I would be happy to finish exploring this temple, and then head back to town..."

He then smiles faintly.

"Let's just avoid that mist, shall we?"

I am happy to push on and finish exploring :-)

---------------------------------------

@Yousef: I have adjusted the 'loot sheet' to account for the fact that you took the +1 chain shirt.

@ The Party: I recommend that Bahram and Lavender take the two potions of CLW that we found.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender sits and stares blankly at what Rashid is doing with the potions. Once Rashid mentions finishing off the place and leaving, she stands and speaks in a tone drained of her usual emotion."Good. The quicker we can finish up here and head back, the better. Lets go..." With that she starts to walk in the direction of where they haven't explored yet.

Qadira

Rashid:
The dried-out 'potions' prove difficult to identify, but you eventually conclude that at least one of them (when re-hydrated) seems designed to expand the senses across great distances... a powerful mystical effect you didn't think it was possible to condense into mere potion form! 'Potion #3' (although they're probably closer to wonderous items if we're being technical) is a 'potion' of clairaudience/clairvoyance.

Gathering their wits after the recent ordeals, the group heads back through the room with the tubs and braziers - where the nasty little grey creatures have their nest - then through the illusion-cloaked door into the chamber with the animated wooden sphyinxes guarding it (I'll assume that Bahram keeps them calm with his holy symbol of Nethys again). From there it's back down the narrow passage to the entry room of the underground level of the temple - where the four statues stand ready, one in each corner of the room, to blast fire upon the unworthy if defiled...

Taking the southern passage from the statue chamber this time (the one with a metallic scent coming from it) the group follow it a little south, then maybe fifteen or so feet east, before it turns south again and emerges into a vast chamber - clearly some sort of ominous worship hall. Here the foul metallic miasma assails the nostrils. The hall is maybe forty-five feet square. Frescoes upon the walls and dozens of columns depict the terrifying power of magic, as radiant figures destroy entire worlds. Massive pillars support the chamber's lofty ceiling, each covered with complex glyphs and designs. Between each column, glass lamps hang from chains of green copper, radiating pallid, bluish lights that pulse and flicker in unison. At the room's southern end in a recess twenty feet wide and nearly fifteen feet deep, the temple's alabaster altar gleams in the erratic blue light, its pedastal carved in the shape of winged, scale-covered bulls.

Bahram and Lavender:
You note that the designs on the columns appear to be no mere decorations, but rather ancient arcane magical formula... although it would likely take hours to decipher them.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender looks around and notices the The markings on the columns and then looks at the fresco and frowns. She walks up to one of the pillars and looks to look at it closer.

"Bahram... You don't think these are spells do you...? Spells that do... Stuff like that?" She asks as she points to the horrible images of destruction on the fresco.


"I don't know..." Bahram muses as he walks around the colums, wondering what wonders they might hold. "They appear to be arcane formulas, maybe they hold spells..."

Spellcraft, take 10 to see if I can identify the schools = 19.
If a take 10 reveals nothing here is a dice roll; 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 lol.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid nods in appreciation.

"I may not share your faith, Bahram, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of this place. I can only imagine what it must have been like when it was whole..."

Qadira

Bahram:
You're pretty sure that the arcane writings are spells, yes, of a variety of different schools of magic but (given that you've only had a 'glance' and not studied them) you'd say they were 'related' in being more 'offensive' than 'defensive' in nature... although that's really only a first impression.


Prof:
Can Bahram examine the columes if we rest in here? If so, he will spend the necessary time to so.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

nervously, following along. Looking every where. This place is still scary. So Rashid, what was it like being dead and than coming back? I here more powerful druids can bring people back in new body. Although you may not be the same race. I think it would be confusing, but maybe not

2,451 to 2,500 of 2,898 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.