Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,898 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Thanks, Yousef :-)

Keldar and ProfPotts:
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 additional Slashing damage.

Qadira

Right-oh then... Yousef's action was at the end of the last round... It'll be the first thing I list below, but that means he's still got a turn left at the end of this round, okay?

Rashid and Keldar:
"Rashid, take that guy out!" yells Yousef, as he dives away from the oversized leopard-man... but the creature is too quick for the half-orc, lashing out with the katar and catching Yousef across the back with both blade and mysterious claw-like wounds...

Despite the wounds, Yousef barrels into Bahram, ducking under his hand which is still crackling with barely contained lightning, and delivers a kick squarely to the young sorcerer's chest...

Swinging at the leopard-man once more, Rashid's prayers seem to be answered, as his steel slices a deep cut into the beast's stomach. The leopard-man howls in pain... even as the wound closes a little... but doesn't drop...

Pulling out his wand, Keldar starts to slowly heal himself...

Roaring at Rashid, the leopard-man strikes again with the katar, tearing across the dwarven cleric's chest with blade and phantom-claw damage and dropping him like a stone... Rashid takes 20 Hit Points of damage, which I believe puts him on a rather dangerous -12...

Gaze lingering on the fallen Rashid for a moment, the leopard-man's eyes then dart up, seeking out Keldar - in a series of quick bounds he's across the floor, and within striking distance... He ends up 10ft from Keldar - so striking distance for him at least...

Staggering back a step from Yousef's kick, Bahram starts to cast a summoning spell...

"...Screw your visions Nethys, Rashid and Keldar aren't greedy! Show me the truth!" Lavender yells in anger, a bit of lightning crackling around her! Standing, she casts a spell, flinging her hand out towards the leopard-man... There's a sound of sloshing oil, and the leopard-man glances down at his katar... but it stays resolutely in his clawed hand as his eyes turn to Lavender, narrowing, as he utters a low growl...

Yousef:
You yell, and dive away from the nobleman... but he proves too quick for you, lashing out with the katar and catching you across the back with both blade and phantom claws... You take 19 Hit Points of damage.

Despite the wounds, you barrel into Bahram, ducking under his hand which is still crackling with barely contained lightning, and delivering a kick squarely to the young sorcerer's chest...

Swinging at the nobleman once more, Rashid's steel slices a deep cut into the man's stomach. The nobleman howls in pain... but doesn't drop...

Pulling out his wand, Keldar starts to slowly heal himself...

Scowling at Rashid, the nobleman strikes again with the katar, tearing across the dwarven cleric's chest with blade and phantom-claws and dropping him like a stone...

Gaze lingering on the fallen Rashid for a moment, shaking his head as if saddened by the whole affair, the nobleman's eyes then dart up, seeking out Keldar - in a series of acrobatic bounds he's across the floor, and within striking distance...

Staggering back a step from your kick, Bahram starts to cast a spell...

"...Screw your all, the treasure's mine! Bow down to me!" Lavender yells in anger, a bit of lightning crackling around her! Standing, she casts a spell, flinging her hand out towards the nobleman... There's a sound of sloshing oil, and the nobleman glances down at his katar... but it stays resolutely in his hand as his eyes turn to Lavender, narrowing, as he utters a rather depressed sounding sigh...

Bahram:
Yousef yells obscenities, then dives away from the nobleman... but he proves too quick for the half-orc, lashing out with the katar and catching Yousef across the back with both blade and phantom claws...

Despite the wounds, Yousef barrels into you, ducking under your hand which is still crackling with barely contained lightning, and delivering a kick squarely to your chest... You take 16 points of non-lethal damage.

Swinging at the nobleman once more, Rashid's steel slices a deep cut into the man's stomach. The nobleman howls in pain... but doesn't drop...

Pulling out his wand, Keldar starts to slowly heal himself...

Scowling at Rashid, the nobleman strikes again with the katar, tearing across the dwarven cleric's chest with blade and phantom-claws and dropping him like a stone...

Gaze lingering on the fallen Rashid for a moment, shaking his head as if saddened by the whole affair, the nobleman's eyes then dart up, seeking out Keldar - in a series of acrobatic bounds he's across the floor, and within striking distance...

Staggering back a step from Yousef's kick (so as not to provoke an AoO), you start to cast your summoning spell (which will cancel the held charge on your shocking grasp)...

"...Screw your all, the treasure's mine! Bow down to me!" Lavender yells in anger, a bit of lightning crackling around her! Standing, she casts a spell, flinging her hand out towards the nobleman... There's a sound of sloshing oil, and the nobleman glances down at his katar... but it stays resolutely in his hand as his eyes turn to Lavender, narrowing, as he utters a rather depressed sounding sigh...

Lavender:
Yousef yells obscenities, then dives away from the nobleman... but he proves too quick for the half-orc, lashing out with the katar and catching Yousef across the back with both blade and phantom claws...

Despite the wounds, Yousef barrels into Bahram, ducking under his hand which is still crackling with barely contained lightning, and delivering a kick squarely to the young man's chest...

Swinging at the nobleman once more, Rashid's steel slices a deep cut into the man's stomach. The nobleman howls in pain... but doesn't drop...

Pulling out his wand, Keldar starts to slowly heal himself...

Scowling at Rashid, the nobleman strikes again with the katar, tearing across the dwarven cleric's chest with blade and phantom-claws and dropping him like a stone...

Gaze lingering on the fallen Rashid for a moment, shaking his head as if saddened by the whole affair, the nobleman's eyes then dart up, seeking out Keldar - in a series of acrobatic bounds he's across the floor, and within striking distance...

Staggering back a step from Yousef's kick, Bahram start to cast a summoning spell...

Yelling, you stand and cast your grease spell, flinging your hand out towards the nobleman... There's a sound of sloshing oil, and the nobleman glances down at his katar... but it stays resolutely in his hand as his eyes turn to you, narrowing, as he utters a rather depressed sounding sigh...

Guys - if you could all list your AC and Hit Points round-by-round like Keldar does, it'd really help me out... and will help avoid things like me forgetting to add in some bonus or other you may be claiming at the time.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Con check: 1d20 + 2 - 12 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 12 = -8 Vs DC 10.

Rashid continues to bleed...


Prof:
AC 16, T 12, FF 14,
HP 26/26 (16 NL)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
Buffs; Mage Armor, invisibility.

His expression showing only hurt and confusion Bahram takes another step from Yousef and comands the hyena to attack Yousef and then he casts an invisibility spell on himself. 'Out, I must get away.'

This is turning bloody...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Immunity Magical Sleep; Resist electricity 10
F +2; R +3; W +3 { +2 vs Enchantment
AC 12; TAC 12; FFAC 10; CMD 12
hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0

Proffpotts:

Lightning starts to crackle with Lavender's anger. "Rashid!!! Grrr... You had best get out of here now knife man... Or they won't be able to pick up the pieces when I am through with you!" Lavender points at the man as a massive ray of lightning shoots towards him!

Ranged (Touch): Shocking Ray1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 /Electricity Damage4d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 3) = 14 /20x2 (3 2nd levels left)

Lavender then turns over to Yousef and Bahram. "Stop fighting! We can sort this out later! Rashid is hurt or worse! We need to stop this guy!"


F +4; R +6 (+7 traps); W +2
AC 14; TAC 12¸; FFAC 15; CMD 18
hp 17 | Temp 0 | NL 0

"S@+*!" Yousef's charges back towards the noble that dropped Rashid. "YOU BASTARD!"

End of round action...
Scout's Charge Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
Cold 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Next rounds action

Yousef then pisses in the nobles face.

Improved Dirty Trick to blind.1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dirty Trick PRD

Being naked in combat has its advantages!


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
17 -4wis

Spoiler:
5' step back and cast produce flame

Qadira

Keldar (& Rashid...):
"S&&&!" Yousef yells as he charges towards the leopard-man, "YOU BASTARD!"

... But once more the creature lashes out with the katar, slicing across the half-orc's chest with both blade and strange claw-marks - Yousef makes one last, desperate, attempt to spray his own blood into his foe's eyes, but the splatter misses, and he drops to the ground, unmoving, Tempest skittering from his fingers as he falls...

Meanwhile, the pool of blood outlining Rashid's still form on the flagstone floor continues to expand... it doesn't look like the priest has much time left...

Taking a step back, Keldar chants for a moment, calling a torch-bright flame into his open hand...

Snarling at the sudden appearance of the fire the leopard-man follows Keldar with a step, lashing out with the katar as he does so - the blow stabs into the druid's other shoulder, as the strange phantom claw-wounds rake across his chest, but it's not enough to drop him... The leopard-man tries a bite, for good measure, but Keldar manages to twist aside enough for the creature's jaws to slide off his armour... Keldar takes 14 Hit Points of damage.

Bahram's spell complete, a hyena - etched with a celestial blue glow - appears between the sorcerer and the leopard-man. With a gesture from Bahram, the celestial hyena charges the leopard-man, its teeth sinking into the creature's ankle, even as Bahram himself casts again, fading from sight! Ripping itself free from the celestial hyena's bite the leopard-man snarls down at it, although the wound on his ankle quickly heals (although not quite completely)...

"Rashid!!! Grrr... You had best get out of here now knife man... Or they won't be able to pick up the pieces when I am through with you!" shouts Lavender as she casts a spell of her own, sending a powerful ray of lightning crackling across the room to strike the leopard-man in the chest! Staggering back a little, his chest blackened and steaming, his fur standing on end, tiny blue-white flashes of lightning crackling across his form still, the creature shakes his head and howls...

Yousef:
You yell and charge...... But once more the nobleman lashes out with the katar, slicing across your chest with both blade and strange phantom claws before you can even reach him - you make one last, desperate, attempt to spray your own blood into your foe's eyes, but the splatter misses, and you drop to the ground, unmoving, Tempest skittering from your fingers as you fall... You take 18 Hit Points of damage.

Bahram:
"S&&&!" Yousef yells as he charges towards the nobleman, "YOU BASTARD!"

... But once more the man lashes out with the katar, slicing across the half-orc's chest with both blade and strange phantom claws - Yousef makes one last, desperate, attempt to spray his own blood into his foe's eyes, but the splatter misses, and he drops to the ground, unmoving, Tempest skittering from his fingers as he falls...

Meanwhile, the pool of blood outlining Rashid's still form on the flagstone floor continues to expand... it doesn't look like the priest has much time left...

Taking a step back, Keldar chants for a moment, calling a torch-bright flame into his open hand...

Sighing and shaking his head at the sudden appearance of the fire the nobleman follows Keldar with a step, lashing out with the katar as he does so - the blow stabs into the druid's other shoulder, as the phantom claws rake across his chest, but it's not enough to drop him... The nobleman tries a punch, for good measure, but Keldar manages to twist aside enough for the blow to slide off his armour...

Your spell complete, a hyena - etched with a celestial blue glow - appears between you and the nobleman. With a gesture from you, the celestial hyena charges the nobleman (I changed targets for you, since Yousef is already down by this point), its teeth sinking into the man's ankle, even as you yourself cast again, fading from sight! Ripping himself free from the celestial hyena's bite the nobleman stares down at it, muttering under his breath...

"Grrr... You had best get out of here now knife man... or your weapon and wealth will all be mine!" shouts Lavender as she casts a spell of her own, sending a powerful ray of lightning crackling across the room to strike the nobleman in the chest! Staggering back a little, his shirt blackened and steaming, tiny blue-white flashes of lightning crackling across his form still, the man shakes his head as he grits his teeth against the pain...

Lavender:
"S&&&!" Yousef yells as he charges towards the nobleman, "YOU BASTARD!"

... But once more the man lashes out with the katar, slicing across the half-orc's chest with both blade and strange phantom claws - Yousef makes one last, desperate, attempt to spray his own blood into his foe's eyes, but the splatter misses, and he drops to the ground, unmoving, Tempest skittering from his fingers as he falls...

Meanwhile, the pool of blood outlining Rashid's still form on the flagstone floor continues to expand... it doesn't look like the priest has much time left...

Taking a step back, Keldar chants for a moment, calling a torch-bright flame into his open hand...

Sighing and shaking his head at the sudden appearance of the fire the nobleman follows Keldar with a step, lashing out with the katar as he does so - the blow stabs into the druid's other shoulder, as the phantom claws rake across his chest, but it's not enough to drop him... The nobleman tries a punch, for good measure, but Keldar manages to twist aside enough for the blow to slide off his armour...

Bahram's spell complete, a hyena - etched with a celestial blue glow - appears between him and the nobleman. With a gesture from Bahram, the celestial hyena charges the nobleman, its teeth sinking into the man's ankle, even as Bahram casts again, fading from sight! Ripping himself free from the celestial hyena's bite the nobleman stares down at it, muttering under his breath...

You shout as you cast a spell of her own, sending a powerful ray of lightning crackling across the room to strike the nobleman in the chest! Staggering back a little, his shirt blackened and steaming, tiny blue-white flashes of lightning crackling across his form still, the man shakes his head as he grits his teeth against the pain...


ppotts:
Yousef has orc ferocity, so his dirty fighting move should still go off. I think a flavor change spraying his own blood into the nobleman's eyes instead of the pee would be neater and less juvenile.


Prof:
AC 16, T 12, FF 14,
HP 26/26 (16 NL)
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
Buffs; Mage Armor, invisibility.

Seeing his companions drop to the ground bleeding all around him Bahram tries to make sense off it all. Rashid wasn't greedy! Neither was Lavander... Why would they try to rob this noble looking man?

Furrowing his brow he looks at the wounds on Yousef and Rashid as they lie and bleed. 'They'r dying.. My friends...' Looking up almost pleadingly at the nobleman who is cutting his friends to ribbons with an almost casual grace his brow furrows and his expression darkens.

Almost unconciously he stalks up to the man and grabs him, yelling in his face; "Stop it! Your killing them! as electricity courses from him to crackle up the noblemans arm.

Cast Shocking Grasp again and touch the 'nobleman' here's hoping he doesn't have scent or blindsense/sight so my invisibility ruse works...
Touch (+4 for the metal he's carrying.. hopefully..) 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16 --> Dmg 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 3, 2) = 15

Qadira

Note: my above post edited to reflect Yousef's orc ferocity (although this guy has a CMD of nearly 30 I'm sorry to say...).


ProfPotts wrote:
Note: my above post edited to reflect Yousef's orc ferocity (although this guy has a CMD of nearly 30 I'm sorry to say...).

Damn. And I was so proud of my 27 ;(


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Immunity Magical Sleep; Resist electricity 10
F +2; R +3; W +3 { +2 vs Enchantment
AC 12; TAC 12; FFAC 10; CMD 12
hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0

ProfPotts:
Seeing Yousef fall, Bahram fade from sight and Rashid near death, Lavender's rage is replaced by worrisome fear. "Keldar! We need to save Rashid and Yousef!" Lavender draws a Cure moderate wounds potion and runs over to Rashid to pour it down his throat! He turns her body to protect the potion if need be.If someone gets to rashid first, she will instead run over to Yousef to administer the potion.


Stablization 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Stabilization: 1d20 + 2 - 13 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 13 = 1 Vs DC 10 :-(

...and Rashid breathes his last :-/

ProfPotts:
I bear you no ill-will; dying whilst protecting those weaker than himself is a perfect way for Rashid to go.

I have really enjoyed this PbP; it has always had a special place in my heart, as it was my first :-)

Qadira

Rashid:
I wouldn't give up hope just yet - after all, you're in a temple devoted to the god of magic, and have recently met with a supernatural being with more scrolls than you could count... ;)


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
3 -4 wis

I knew I was going to die here. You 2 spread out and summon if you can. 5' step back and hurl fire at it.
ranged touch 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Qadira

Keldar:
Taking a step back you hurls fire at the leopard-man... but the flames fly high, over its shoulder...

Growling at you for a moment, the leopard-man first concentrates on the celestial hyena summoned by Bahram - the katar and the leopard-man's teeth making short work of the summoned creature as it's ripped apart before fading away to nothingness...

Suddenly Bahram appears out of thin air, right in front of the leopard-man, his hand crackling with lightning as he yells...

"Stop it! You're killing them!"

... and grabs the leopard-man's wrist! Lighting courses up the leopard-man's arm, his fur stands on end, smoke starts to rise from where Bahram is grasping his wrist, and steam issues from his nose and mouth! With one last howl, the leopard-man sinks to his knees, then keels over, unmoving, to the flagstone floor...

"Keldar! We need to save Rashid and Yousef!" shouts Lavender as she pulls out a potion vial and heads over to kneel by Rashid's side...

As you watch, the leopard-man's form shifts and shrinks, reverting to the ragged vagrant you spotted when you first approached the ruined temple...

Bahram:
Taking a step back Keldar hurls fire at the nobleman... but the flames fly high, over his shoulder...

Frowning at Keldar, the nobleman first concentrates on the celestial hyena you summoned - the katar making short work of the summoned creature as it's ripped apart before fading away to nothingness...

Heading over to the nobleman, you become visible right in front of him, your hand crackling with lightning as you cast your spell and yell...

"Stop it! You're killing them!"

... and grab the nobleman's wrist! Lighting courses up the man's arm, smoke starts to rise from where you are grasping his wrist, and steam issues from his nose and mouth! With one last scream, the nobleman sinks to his knees, then keels over, unmoving, to the flagstone floor...

"Ha! I'll loot the bodies!" shouts Lavender as she heads over to kneel by Rashid's side...

Lavender:
Taking a step back Keldar hurls fire at the nobleman... but the flames fly high, over his shoulder...

Frowning at Keldar, the nobleman first concentrates on the celestial hyena Bahram summoned - the katar making short work of the summoned creature as it's ripped apart before fading away to nothingness...

Suddenly Bahram appears out of thin air, right in front of the nobleman, his hand crackling with lightning as he yells...

"Time to die, peasant!"

... and grabs the nobleman's wrist! Lighting courses up the man's arm, smoke starts to rise from where Bahram is grasping his wrist, and steam issues from his nose and mouth! With one last scream, the nobleman sinks to his knees, then keels over, unmoving, to the flagstone floor...

You pull out a potion vial as you head over to kneel by Rashid's side... but by the time you get there, it's too late to do any good...

While Rashid is a little beyond simple cure spells right now (being dead and all), Yousef is simple enough to save, now the fight is over. After a few more minutes, the effects of the mists will wear off, at which point...

The man who killed Rashid, and was slain in turn by Bahram, appears to be the filthy vagrant spotted when you first approached the temple. The fine-looking katar lies on the ground near where he fell, and a chain-shirt can be seen under his ragged clothes. A search of the man turns up two potion vials and a small purse of coins (450gp in total).

The katar is some fifteen inches in length, with an embossed image of a Katapeshi leopard adorning its hilt. Strange shadowy patterns seem to writhe across the damascened blade, even in strong light...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender stares in shock for a moment, but then quickly scrambles over to Yousef not wanting to lose another friend. She quickly empties the potion down his throat.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16

Once Yousef is ok, she sits down and hugs her legs, planting he face into her knees, and sits there silently.


Yousef feels his wounds knit painfully, and sits up with a start. He sees Lavender sitting hugging her knees and is about to ask what happened, but then he sees Rashid.

"NnnnnnnnooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO!" He picks up Tempest and crawls over to Rashid, seeing that he is dead. Then he looks to see the enemy's body. With a shriek, he brings down the falchion over and over on the man, hacking him to blood, ground bits.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

slumping heavly down the wall near him, Keldar just sits there numb and in shock.


Still holding the noblemans wrist Bahram sits down as his weight pulls on him, flinching slightly as he's slatterd with blood by Yousef.

Watching him transform to the raggedy man Bahram blinks away the last of the effects. Getting up he dusts his hands off the front of his robes and looks around for something to do. Falling back on routine he casts detect magic and inspects the loot.

And some spellcraft checks to go with it...
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Qadira

Bahram:
You detect faint auras of magic from the chain shirt and the contents of the two vials - the former appears be possess a basic level of protective enchantment (it's a +1 chain shirt), whilst the latter seem to be simple healing potions (two potions of cure light wounds).

The katar proves to possess a moderate magical aura... what's more, upon studying its rather unique leopard-motif design, coupled with your observations of the weapon in use, you conclude that it must be none other than En-Nebi - the blade of the leopard! Said to have been crafted in Katapesh some three-hundred years ago, legend tells that En-Nebi is a powerful, but cursed, weapon - inflicting terrible claw-like wounds whenever it strikes, but also causing similar wounds to the one who uses it. What's more, if the wielder ever manages to strike a particularly telling blow with the blade, he or she is cursed with a form of lycanthropy which forces them to take on a were-form of the (now almost extinct) great tiger-sized Katapeshi leopard! En-Nebi is a +1 vicious kata which forces the user to make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid contracting its unique form of lycanthropy whenever they score a critical hit with the blade. It's the damage from the vicious quality which manifests as claw-like rake wounds.

Despite its cursed status, En-Nebi is said to be worth over ten thousand gold pieces! Although you'd have to sell it at half-price as always...

Considering the vagrant man's once-fine clothes, it seems as though he'd have once appeared as he did to you when you were still under the effects of the mists - as a dashing nobleman. Undoubtedly he succumbed to En-Nebi's curse. Since there seems no reason to believe that the katar would have been found in the ruined temple of Nethys, it's also likely that he came to this place delibrately - most likely seeking a way to remove (or maybe control) the lycanthropy he was suffering...

Comparing notes (as I assume will happen at some point...) it seems that Rashid and Keldar were seeing their attacker as a giant were-leopard, but that those under the effects of the mists were seeing him as a dashing nobleman...


'Poor soul.' Bahram mutters as he inspects the gear, a look of guilt flashes on his face as he realizes he's pitying Rashid's killer but nevertheless he can't help feel sorry for him.

Looking up from his inspections he describes his findings. "His chain shirt is magical, enhanced to provide better protection. These two potions are moderately curative but this katar... Now this is something special. It is the famed 'En-Nebi', the blade of the leopard. It is a powerful, though cursed, magical weapon. The claw-like wounds it causes inflict wounds on the wielder as well, and if the wielder ever scores a telling blow the dagger curses him with lycanthropy!"

"I believe this poor soul was cursed in such a way. I saw him as he must have been, a noble, regal looking man. I just couldn't understand why you were attacking him, he seemed so friendly and well-meaning."

"It might be he came here to seek a cure for his condition, I don't really know, but I'm fairly certain that his precance here was no accident. He was looking for somthing here."

Sighing he goes over to Rashids body and kneels by him. "What are we to do with you good friend? Better yet, what are we to do without you?"


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Poor soul?... Poor Soul?! Bahram, He Killed Rashid! KILLED HIM! How...How can you even...He deserves FAR worse than he got! If... If only I didn't fall for Nethys' Visions, Rashid wouldn't be dead...! Wait a minute... that's it! Hahaha, I'm still seeing Nethys' Visions! None of this is really happening! That four armed demon is still trying to trick me onto her damned boat!" Lavender stands up and brushes herself off. "I'm going to go kill her for making me see such awful things..." Lavender says, a desperate look in her eyes, and she turns towards the plaque closed hallway.

Qadira

Well... the ball's in the PC's court right now: what are you guys doing?


Going with Lavander.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
48 -4 wis
wand clw 34

enough bickering! Yousef grab our downed friend. Bahram grab this guys stuff. If it is as valuble as you say than we may be able to barter our friends soul back, with it. He still has a part to play in this war we have found ourselves in. Lav, i know you are hurting, we all are, but we need to retreat right now. why dont you help Yousef out, so we can bring our friend back.

meanwhile CLW wand me 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Anyone else need healing?


"Hey buddy. Want to blast a couple of those my way?" Yousef asks Keldar as he heals himself. Down 21 hps. Yousef then strips the chain shirt off of the dead man he mutilated and holds it up. "I think I might find a use for this. The dagger-thing we can probably sell for enough cash to pay for Rashid's life back." He then picks up Rashid's body and fireman's carry him towards his discarded clothes. While walking he whispers to Rashid "Things going to be allright. Dawnflower will take care you you. Yes she will."

Does anyone mind if Yousef grabs the chainshirt?

Qadira

The plaque having closed back into place, Yousef's clothes, and the mist-filled way back to 'that four armed demon' Lavender appears to have encountered, are both out of reach right now...

Just in case it's not obvious, the characters will have figured out that the mists cause them to hallucinate by this point, so feel free to prepare appropriately if you're going to head back inside...


@Yousef; No objections.
@Prof; Bahram will douse his turban in water and the use it as a scarf.


"Hey guys, I think we need to get Rashid back to camp and work on restoring him before we go any further."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
Yousef olan Ahmad wrote:

"Hey buddy. Want to blast a couple of those my way?" Yousef asks Keldar as he heals himself. Down 21 hps. Yousef then strips the chain shirt off of the dead man he mutilated and holds it up. "I think I might find a use for this. The dagger-thing we can probably sell for enough cash to pay for Rashid's life back." He then picks up Rashid's body and fireman's carry him towards his discarded clothes. While walking he whispers to Rashid "Things going to be allright. Dawnflower will take care you you. Yes she will."

Does anyone mind if Yousef grabs the chainshirt?

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15

AC 14/10/14 HP 51/48 -4wis
wand clw 30

not a prob, here's some healing. If you can wear it go ahead.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


"No-one at Kelmarane has the power to raise him Yousef." Bahram says grimly as he works on his makeshift scarf. "Rashid was the most powerful cleric we knew, if we're to have a hope of raising him; the answers are through the fog."

"Keldar. I'm a bit bruised after Yousef's kick, you think you can spare a few cure light wounds on me?

"Lavander, I think it's best if you take your scroll of mage armor back. I can cast the spell inately now."

Once everyone is healed up and ready Bahram casts mage hand on the door and heads through.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"W-wait a minute... Rashid can be brought back to life? How?" Lavender says with a bit of hope in her voice.

"If we are going in again, I say we hold our breath and run through as fast as we can." I doubt that whatever that thing was will be helpful.


"By powerful divine magics Lav. A spell called raise dead which is beyond the power of even Rashid to cast. If I'm right, and this is some sort of rite of passage for the more powerful followers of Nethys, then there is a hope, a slim one for sure, that we might find what we need at the end. Yousef, can you carry Rashid through? Or you, Keldar?"


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Are you sure? If that is true, wouldn't everyone come back to life? It... it seems to good to be true. If it is beyond Rashid to cast how will we be able to do it? Rashid was the most powerful cleric I've even seen! I doubt we'd be able to even find anyone in Ketapesh who was stronger... Even if we could find someone, I'd suspect there would be a line a mile long of others whom want their friends and loved one's returned..."


"*Sigh* It's also a question of money Lav." Bahram holds up En-Nebi, showing the katar to Lavander. "This should be enough to persuade even the most powerful of casters."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th
Bahram Zarishu wrote:

"No-one at Kelmarane has the power to raise him Yousef." Bahram says grimly as he works on his makeshift scarf. "Rashid was the most powerful cleric we knew, if we're to have a hope of raising him; the answers are through the fog."

"Keldar. I'm a bit bruised after Yousef's kick, you think you can spare a few cure light wounds on me?

"Lavander, I think it's best if you take your scroll of mage armor back. I can cast the spell inately now."

Once everyone is healed up and ready Bahram casts mage hand on the door and heads through.

Its your wand as much as mine. I can use it eaisier, thats all. Here,1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Bahram Zarishu wrote:
"Keldar. I'm a bit bruised after Yousef's kick, you think you can spare a few cure light wounds on me?"

"Oh, uh. Sorry about that. I thought you were going to attack Rashid. I guess I screwed the pooch on that one." Yousef says sheepishly.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"So, anyone can be resurrected? Is there any catches or anything? Like a time limit or something? Does the person resurrected have to worship the same god or something? Why didn't anyone tell me such magic existed?" Lavender keeps pestering, her interest peeked. It is becoming obvious that she may have another person in mind for such as spell.

---

"If this is all real, then are you sure we want to go back in there? All that was down their was some crazed four armed lady claiming to have a boat that would whisk followers of Nethys to enlightenment or some crap like that. What if we start hallucinating an something else comes to attack us? Or worse, we start attacking each other!"

If everyone is going, Lavender covers her face and holds her breath. On top of that she moves quickly, but not too fast, she doesn't want to lose her breath...


Yeah, Yousef will hold his breath when he passes through the gas.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

wetting a cloth and covering mouth will bring up the rear

Qadira

I assume someone casts a cantrip on the basalt plaque again then, since that's what seemed to cause it to open the last time...

Peering into the mist-enshrouded corridor, as the basalt plaque starts its slow ascent once more, reveals puffs of the vapour seeming to issue from the statues' mouths in time with their strange whisperings in foreign tongues... even though the mouths of the statues don't actually move. The manner of the statues' carving suggests that they were carved out of naturally occuring vents for the weird mist, quite possibly with magical aid in the crafting.

Bahram:
Once more, you're able to recognise some of what the statues seem to be whispering, as some of their words are in ancient Osirian...

'Who were you?'

'What is his task?'

'Where is your power?'

... as before, everything the statues whisper appears to be an esoteric question of some kind. Given what you've learned (and experienced first hand) about the nature of the mists it would seem that, even if the mists themselves are a natural (or supernatural) phenomenon, issuing from the very rock as they do, the followers of Nethys who chose to build their temple over the site of such a phenomenon must have had a good reason to do so... and to enchant the statues to ask such questions.

Knowing that the mists appear to effect perceptions, but possibly also reveal truths (such as showing the deranged leopard-man as the nobleman he once was), and that the temple appears to have been made to study the dual natures of Nethys and magic - creative and destructive - it wouldn't seem unreasonable to assume that the mists themselves are something of a two-edged sword: truth and lies, knowledge and madness.

In this context, the questions the statues ask may well have significance: they don't seem to be questions with strict 'yes' or 'no' answers, but rather questions designed to make one think about one's place in the universe, one's goals and, generally, one's personal philosophical or metaphysical journey. The statue's enchantments don't appear to be of a type which enables them to do anything but keep repeating their questions - even if one were to speak an answer aloud, there's nobody to hear it... but it seems that they're there more to aid one to achieve an open and inwardly reflecting state of mind than they are as quizmasters...

If that is the case, then you have your doubts as to whether your companions (or even yourself) are of such a state of mind... Lavender in particular seems to have completely rejected anything the mists could offer... an antagonistic attitude wouldn't seem like a brilliant one to be bringing into caves filled with mind-effecting mists...

As before, a DC 16 Fortitude save from everyone entering the corridor, please. Covering your nose and mouth grants a +1 circumstance bonus on the save. Holding your breath gives a 50% chance per round of not having to make a save at all. It'll take at least two rounds (moving at 'dwarf speed') to get to the cavern at the end of the corridor... but, of course, the cavern itself is completely filled with the mists too...


1d100 ⇒ 45
Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d100 ⇒ 8
Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
uh, oh.
Please don't let Yousef think Rashid is Nyx.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
48 -4 wis
wand clw 34/30

fort 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9holding breath, thought understood. your call since didnt say1d100 ⇒ 86
fort 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d100 ⇒ 51

dosnt matter failed both saves and 50% or less. sorry guys, here we go again


Standing at the edge of the corridor Bahram pauses a moment contemplating the questions posed by the statues and their purpose. "There's a method to this madness." he says and steps forward. 'Who am I? I'm Bahram, Bahram Zarishu. Sorcerer. Scholar. Seeker? ... right?... I am a sorcerer. I am a magic user.' he ponders and steps forward, taking a breath.

Fort 1, not holding breath. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Gulping down heavily on the gas as he enters Bahram is momentarily overcome by it's precense in his lungs, 'Focus. It all has a purpose. The gas will help me. Who am I? What is my task? I am Bahram the sorcerer. My purpose is to raise my friend from the dead!' he focuses his thoughts on what he hopes is the purpose of the gas and moves forward.

Fort 2, not holding breath. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Contemplating his task images of Zaina float into his mind and suddenly he's not so sure of his purpose. 'Could it be?' he thinks in shock. 'Could this place hold the answer?' he wonders, growing confused, hopeful and ashamed all at once. 'What if I have to choose? What is my task?'

Looking down at his feet, Bahram plods along through the hall, wondering at it's secrets and his own life mysteries.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"There is no method. It's just a cruel trap. At the end There is a mean misleading four armed lady that tricks you into breathing this poison. I breathed it in by choice, now Rashid is dead."

Lavender then silently moves through the mist, not wanting to breath it in.
1d100 ⇒ 33
Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d100 ⇒ 33
Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

...So far, so good...


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts:
Just so we are clear, I am still monitoring the thread; I just feel that I have lost 'posting rights' whilst Rashid is slowly experiencing rigor mortis ;-)


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

[/b]AAHHHHOOOOO[b]

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,898 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.