Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,898 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Ah, I've never wanted to fail a Will save so much as now. It would only be better if Yousef and Bahram were going after each other ;P

At this point, completely naked, the half-orc struts his muscular frame over to Nyx and lays next to her. He runs his fingertips along her side and over her breasts then starts to nuzzle her neck...it is obvious he is ready.


Spoiler:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 hehehee...

Unable to retain his joy Bahram closes his eyes and embraces Zaina tightly with a content sigh. 'She's back, I can't believe it, what a relief!'


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Profpotts:
"Ohh wow, pretty... Hahaha, what am I standing on, the air? Did you say something Rashid? Rashid?
Join them? That actually sounds pretty good, but, you just said I would see a vision. How could I join a vision? Is this why the ill-prepared are overcome with confusion? Because you start contradicting yourself? I have no need to go with what is not here. Even if it was real, something seems wrong here. You know, too good to be true kind of wrong. What does Nethys have to do with flying boats and stuff anyway? He's the god of magic right? Wasn't he, like, ripped apart and put back together again by magic? That doesn't sound very fun. In fact, it sounds downright painful. Even if you say my friends will be here when I return, that could mean anything. What if it, uhh, takes a long time, and they die. And I come back and they are still here but they are dead. Also, not to be rude, but I have no reason to believe that your not tricking me, so your word doesn't mean that much to me. Not that I am saying your lying or anything, but, you know. Where is the boat even going anyway? I've never been on a boat before, especially one that sails, err fly, or whatever through the sky. I wonder if I get sea sick, or would it be sky sick in this case... Anyway, I forgot what the point I was trying to make was, but I think I'm, going to pass. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now, physically, mentally, and magically."

Not quite sure but Rashid might be able to read this spoiler too.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Lavender?:
Rashid eyes the figure warily, but moves to comply.

"Very well. Lavender? We should probably be going..."

He then tries to gently direct back the way that the two of them came....

Qadira

Keldar:
By now, Yousef has stripped completely naked, and is fondling one of the statues... Bahram, on the other hand, doesn't seem too happy about that slap...

Yousef:
Carry on... You get another Will save of course...

Bahram:
As you embrace Zaina, she suddenly begins to grow... and transform, as does the endless sky you appeared to be floating in. In its place, you find yourself perched on a small rocky island amidst a sea of lava, plumes of fire spouting up at irregular intervals all around you. Where Zaina once was there now floats a muscular giant of a man with crimson skin, pointed ears, smoldering eyes, small black horns, and a gout of flame in place of legs - an efreeti! With smoke rising in curls from his skin he laughs, the heat of his breath enough to sting your face...

Lavender:
The four-armed woman's glowing green eyes stare at you as her voice continues to sound in your mind...

'You see contradiction where there is none, seeker. The boat is the sacred barge of Nethys - its journeys one of mystical discovery, not mundane distance. You say you have no reason to trust me... but why would you have any reason not to?'

Her glowing eyes turn towards the fantastic barge for a moment, and the beautiful people crewing it appear to sigh, shaking their heads, as they turn and move back, away from the sides, out of sight...

'No one will force you, seeker. It is understood that the great power of magic is frightening to some... even some of those who utilise it. Go then. Leave with your friends. Think on what you have seen, and what you have been told. Know that I... and enlightenment... will be here when... if... you deem yourself ready...'

For a moment it seems like the sacred barge, and the four-armed woman, are sailing off into the distance... then, slowly, you realise that Rashid has gently taken your arm and is leading you back the way you came...

Turning a corner in the corridor, you find Yousef, naked... there appears to be an attractive glow about him, and he certainly seems more handsome than you recall... he appears to be calling to you to come into his arms...

Rashid:
Lavender seems to be out of it - babbling some nonsense about Nethys and boats... It's not unlike some of the addicts suffering pesh-induced fantasies you've witnessed in the past... and have experienced yourself firsthand. While the sahir-afiyun - the so-called 'sorcerers of sleep' - claim to gain great mystical insights and powers from their indulgence in pesh, you've learned the terrible toll such 'insights' demand...

The four-armed woman watches as you take your leave, your hand on Lavender's arm, gently guiding her with you.

'The doors to enlightenment are always open to those who can find the way,' the woman's voice echoes through your mind, 'return to me when you seek power... power freely offered, for those with mastery of the art...'

Heading back the way you came, you see the basalt plaque slowly closing, and beyond it Keldar slapping Bahram across the face! Even stranger, in the corridor, Yousef if stripped naked, his gear scattered on the rocky floor, as the half-orc himself fondles one of the statues...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

profpotts:
"The boat is a ruined piece of junk under a temple. Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical...
I'm not frightened about anything! If enlightenment means leaving my friends to hop on a boat on some magical mystery tour or whatever, then I'd rather be unenlightened!
Ohh, Rashid, there you are, lets get out of here, this four armed lady and her magical boat are nuts!"

After turning the corner, Lavender nearly falls in surprise. "Y-Yousef, why are you naked? P-put some clothes on!" Realizing that he is calling her into his arms, she stops stiff, and her face turns scarlet. "W-what is this?! A-aren't you and ms. Nyx... I-I mean... I'm not gonna just run into your... arms when you're in a relationship someone else... I-I'm not some floozy wench whore that is g-going to... to... jump into your arms at your beck and call..." Lavender says, turning her scarlet face away from Yousef, but unable to stop herself from sneaking a peak at Yousef's now uncovered regions.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and ?Lavender:
Seeing the door beginning to close, Rashid tightens his grip firmly, but gently, on Lavender's arm.

"We need to get going; the portal we came through is closing, and I would rather not get trapped in here; the mist seems to be having a hallucinogenic effect, not unlike Pesh..."

He then tries to hurry her forward, pausing only to shout at Yousef:

"Yousef! If you can hear me, gather your wits! You are fondling a statue in a hall filled with halluncinogenic mist!"


Proff:
"Efreeti devil!" Bahram snarls at the fiery beast, taking a step back he erects his force armor in preperation for the coming battle.

No will save?


Spoiler:
Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Clearly aroused, Yousef moves to make sweet love to Nyx.

Qadira

Lavender:
Yousef's 'uncovered regions' are clearly aroused as he moves to make sweet love to you...

... But Rashid keeps his hand on your arm, moving you quickly past the amorous half-orc and back into the room full of shredded papyrus...

Where Bahram snarls...

"Efreeti devil!"

... at Keldar, backing away from the dwarf as he casts his mage armour spell...

... At first you don't understand, but then you see what Bahram is talking about, as Keldar slowly transforms - blackened horns sprouting from his forehead, his skin turning a dark crimson, and wisps of flame rising from his form...

Rashid:
You keep your hand on Lavender's arm, moving her quickly past the naked Yousef (who is clearly aroused and about to make sweet love to his statue 'friend'...) and back into the room full of shredded papyrus...

Where Bahram snarls...

"Efreeti devil!"

... at Keldar, backing away from your fellow dwarf as he casts his mage armour spell...

Bahram:
Yes - a Will save each round.

You cast your mage armour spell... and just in time, it seems, as two more efreet emerge from a nearby spout of flame - one a heavily muscled male, then other a female temptress...

Yousef:
Life is good... keep making those saves!

Keldar:
Rashid emerges from the mist-filled corridor, dragging a confused (and blushing) Lavender along with him. As they appear, Bahram backs away from you, yelling...

"Efreeti devil!"

... and casting his mage armour spell.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Spoiler:
grab him, with hope of pinning him. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18dont have improved grab


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts:
Rashid sighs.

"Bahram! Try to get a grip! You are ill - that is not an efreet - it is Keldar!"


ProfPotts:

Will save last round- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Fail...
again- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 sigh...

Seeing more efeet emerge Bahram knows he has no chance of surviving a direct fight, "Who are you? What do you whant?" he half-snarls at them, growing angry with fright. Hoping to confuse them and buy himself more time he fires of a spell of glitterdust DC 18 in their midst and, while they cough and shield their eyes he steps back a ways. 'Distance, I need distance. I can't let them approach!'


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Profpotts:

Lavender stares in shock as Keldar changes. "K-Keldar? I though you only changed into animals? Am I still having visions?! Did I even truly leave the room with the crazy four armed cruise guide...? Whats going on!? Are you truly still with me Rashid, or is it all an illusion?" Lavender asks, Shaking what she hopes in Rashid's arm.


Will 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"You want me to do what to where?" Yousef looks shocked, but then smiles and walks around behind 'Nyx' and proceeds to alter his lovemaking style.

Qadira

Keldar and Rashid:
"Who are you? What do you want?" yells Bahram, obviously confused, frightened, and angry, as he dances backwards, casting a spell...

A shower of glittering golden particles erupts, covering the southern end of the room... and all of you too... Lavender clutches at her eyes as the mystical display blinds her...

I rolled a DC 18 Will save to avoid blindness for you both... and you both passed (rolled a 20 and a 17, before modifiers)! Didn't roll so well for Lavender I'm afraid...

Rushing forwards, Keldar grabs Bahram, trying to restrain him... He doesn't get an AoO without a weapon ready, so you've got him grappled.

Quote:
"Bahram! Try to get a grip! You are ill - that is not an efreet - it is Keldar!"

... shouts Rashid... but Bahram doesn't seem to hear him...

Lavender:
Too late you realise that it's not just Keldar... but all of them! You turn to see a red-skinned efreeti in Rashid's place, its fist firmly clutching the manacle and chain it has placed around your wrist. Then, what you thought was Bahram, flies backwards as his true crimson-hued, black-horned, form emerges, ripping free of Bahram's mortal skin. He cackles maniacal laughter and flings out a ball of bright flame - the searing flash of which strikes you blind!

You can roll a DC 15 Will save each round to try to get some control over what you're witnessing.

Bahram:
Dancing backwards your spell causes an explosion of glittering golden particles to erupt. The female efreeti seems to be blinded, as she clutches at her eyes, her muscular mate trying to aid her. The other one - the one you first encountered - rushes towards you, his giant arms engulfing you in a bone-breaking bearhug...

Yousef:
For a moment fog seems to roll in, engulfing the bed... a second later it rolls back, and you realise you're in the mist-filled corridor, the basalt plaque entrance now nearly closed, and your friends on the far side of it, back in the papyrus-filled room. By the looks of things, they seem to be battling each other - Keldar grappling Bahram, while Lavender clutches at her eyes, blinded, and Rashid tries to help her...

Nyx isn't gone, however - far from it! As nude as you are, she stands behind you, runing her hands across your muscular form as she nuzzles kisses along your neck,

'Stay with me,' she encourages, gently pulling you, trying to lead you further down the corridor, and away from your friends, 'there's bound to be a bed in here somewhere...'

You realise that something doesn't seem quite real about Nyx...


Prof:

"Lemme go, lemme go lemme GO!" Bahram screams as he tries to kick and squirm his way free of the efreets grip.

CMB -break grapple 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Will 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


"Uh, just wait. Somethings come up.....not that silly. Watch my stuff." Yousef bends over to pick up Tempest and draws it from its sheath. He then runs down the hall naked towards the group.

"What the hell is going on?"


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
-4 wis

Spoiler:
go for pin-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Keldar and Yousef:
Rashid lets out an exasperated sigh.

I really did not expect the followers of Nethys to be fond of hallucinogenics; still, this is a temple to destructive magic, and the effects of this poison are certainly chaotic...

Hoping that with Lavender blind, she will be less prone to suffering from the effects of the gas, he calmly says:

"Lavender, Bahram just cast a spell at you. He is sick. Focus, so you are not affected too... Please, heed my words."


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

ProfPotts:

"Ok, this is nuts, Time out..."" Lavender sits down and concentrates, trying to pull her mind out of these strange visions. She doesn't believe for a second that all of her friends are closet efreeti.

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 }+2 vs enchantment

Qadira

Keldar and Rashid:
Rashid speaks calmly to the blinded Lavender...

Quote:
"Lavender, Bahram just cast a spell at you. He is sick. Focus, so you are not affected too... Please, heed my words."

... but his words seem to have little effect (if she's even hearing them) as Lavender appears to ignore them, instead sitting down on the floor as she peers around, blinking...

Meanwhile, Bahram yells...

Quote:
"Lemme go, lemme go lemme GO!"

... As, with some measure of desperation, the sorcerer kicks, squirms, and wriggles free of Keldar's grip...

Moments later, Yousef stride back into the room - buck naked and brandishing Tempest as he demands...

Quote:
"What the hell is going on?"

Yousef:
As you stride back into the room full of shredded papyrus, naked and brandishing Tempest, you see Bahram kick and squirm his way free of Keldar's grip, apparantly in something of a panic, as Lavender sits herself down on the floor, ignoring Rashid trying to talk to her...

Nyx follows you, doing her best to keep her hands on your nude body as she tries to entice you back to more... pleasurable... pursuits...

Bahram:
With all your strength you manage to wriggle free of the efreeti's grasp! The thing keeps advancing on you, menacingly, as the female slumps to the ground, rubbing her eyes, and her muscular companion dotes over her...

... Suddenly a gout of flame brings forth yet another efreeti! This one most definitely a male (as he's nude and it's hard not to notice such things...) and brandishing a great flaming two-handed scimitar!

Lavender:
The efreeti who has you chained keeps whispering obscenities into your ear, taunting you, and you slump to the ground next to his black-clawed feet...

Everyone except Lavender can try a Perception check at this point...


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
-4 wis

perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Perception 1d20 ⇒ 3
normal: 10
sight: 15


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Rashid sighs.

I hope that this wears off soon. What where the ancient priests of Nethys thinking?

"Everyone, please, try to calm down and focus!"

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

ProfPotts:

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 }+2 vs enchantment

Lavender tries to ignore the strange visions she is seeing and hearing.


ProfPotts:
Will; 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Why, oh why could't the rolls have been the other way around?

"Stay back! What do you want with me? Where are my friends? What have you done with them? I warn you, stay away!" Bahram postures as best he can, calling forth a shocking grasp spell, charging his hands with electricity he hopes to make the monsters hesitate. 'Need to think.. Gaah! What's going on!?'

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Qadira

Keldar and Rashid:
"Stay back! What do you want with me? Where are my friends? What have you done with them? I warn you, stay away!"

... yells Bahram as he keeps backing away from Keldar whilst, at the same time, incanting a spell which causes his hand to start crackling with deadly-looking lightning! He seems quite determined to fry anyone who gets near him...

"Everyone, please, try to calm down and focus!"

... suggests Rashid... but still his pleas seem to fall upon deaf ears...

Yousef:
As you watch, Bahram backs away from Keldar a little more and seems to be casting a spell... moments later the sorcerer's hand starts to crackle with deadly-looking lightning as he yells threats, looking to be just about ready to fry anyone who gets near him. Meanwhile, Rashid seems to be calling for calm... but it's hard to concentrate on what people are saying with Nyx constantly whispering intimate suggestions into your ear...

Bahram:
For the most part, the efreet seem to keep their distance... for the moment... just standing and offering you their mocking laughter. The muscular one tending the female turns towards you, his voice deep and booming as he says,

'Everyone, get ready, we shall take the fool together!'

Lavender:
Your vision still blinded by the earlier magic, you do your best to ignore the hissed whispers of the efreeti holding you captive...

Rashid:
As the face-off between Keldar and Bahram continues, Lavender sits on the floor just looking dazed, and Yousef seems to be listening to someone who isn't there, you notice the vagabond-looking man you spotted when you first approached the temple slipping quietly into the room full of shredded papyrus through the far door (the one you all originally entered by). For a brief moment he appears to glance over the scene... then he draws the fine-looking katar he wears at his waist and starts to stealthily head across the room towards Bahram (currantly the closest one to him)...


ProfPotts:

Will 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Finally!

Blinking the sweat from his brow Bahram continues to back away from the efreete, looking around he desperately seeks his companions and friend. "Zaina?" he calls out weakly, looking for a friendly face.

Perception, look for anything off or signs of friends.. 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts:
"Bahram, look out! There is a threat in this room, but it is not Keldar - there is a man sneaking up behind you, with a katar!"

Rashid then rushes the man, attempting to position himself between Bahram and the hostile...

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Slashing damage.

Initiative (since I assume this will provoke combat): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

ProfPotts:

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 }+2 vs enchantment

Lavender continues to concentrate, hoping the visions go away.

Qadira

Bahram:
As you back away from the efreet, the scene seems to change - mists rolling in for a few moments, before clearing to reveal the room full of shredded papyrus. Where the efreeti who grabbed you was standing, you see only Keldar, whilst the other three, near the now-closed basalt plaque, prove to be Rashid, with Lavender sitting at his feet, and Yousef... naked and brandishing Tempest...

"Bahram, look out! There is a threat in this room, but it is not Keldar - there is a man sneaking up behind you, with a katar!", yells Rashid, as he starts to charge towards you, drawing his scimitar as he comes!

Glancing behind you, you see a regal looking young man, dressed in gold-trimmed silks of blue and white, his black beard neatly trimmed and oiled into a stylish point, and a white silk turban on his head. Beneath his silk shirt you can just make out a shirt of fine mail links, and in the man's hand is a marvelous katar which looks to be a real work of art. The katar is some fifteen inches long, with an embossed image of a ferocious Katapeshi leopard adorning the hilt, and strange shadowy patterns writhing across the damascened blade.

As you turn towards him, the man smiles, an Osirian hint to his accent as he speaks,

'Greatings, fellow seeker! You seem to have sampled the Breath of Nethys, eh? It's a little tricky at first but...'

... he's cut off, as Rashid charges up, the dwarf's scimitar opening a vicious wound across the man's face...

Yousef:
"Bahram, look out! There is a threat in this room, but it is not Keldar - there is a man sneaking up behind you, with a katar!", yells Rashid, as he starts to charge towards Bahram, drawing his scimitar as he goes!

Glancing behind Bahram, you see a regal looking young man, dressed in gold-trimmed silks of blue and white, his black beard neatly trimmed and oiled into a stylish point, and a white silk turban on his head. Beneath his silk shirt you can just make out a shirt of fine mail links, and in the man's hand is a marvelous katar which looks to be a real work of art.

As Bahram turns towards him, the man smiles, and seems to be engaging in polite conversation...

... but he's cut off, as Rashid charges up, the dwarf's scimitar opening a vicious wound across the man's face...

'Ignore them,' suggests Nyx, her hands seeking to excite your ardor as her warm breath teases the back of your neck, 'I'm much more interesting to play with...'

Lavender:
Still blinded, you feel the efreeti release his grip on your manacle, and hear him stride away, laughing as he goes...

Rashid and Keldar:
"Bahram, look out! There is a threat in this room, but it is not Keldar - there is a man sneaking up behind you, with a katar!", yells Rashid, as he starts to charge towards Bahram, drawing his scimitar as he goes!

Behind Bahram, you see the vagabond from earlier, dressed in once-fine but now ripped and filthy silks of blue and white, his black beard and hair overgrown and tattered, and a dirty white silk turban partially unravelled on his head. Beneath his shirt you can just make out a shirt of fine mail links, and in the man's hand is a marvelous katar which looks to be a real work of art.

Bahram turns towards the man, but doesn't seem to realise the danger as the vagabond pulls back the punching dagger, ready to strike...

... but Rashid charges up before he gets the chance, the dwarf's scimitar opening a vicious wound across the man's face...

I made that a charge for Rashid, otherwise he couldn't have gotten there in time... plus, the bonus made the difference between a hit and a miss...

Madness-filled eyes snapping towards Rashid, the man snarls, taking a step backwards... and his form begins to undulate and expand...

Within moments the vagabond is covered in leopard-patterned fur, his face is cat-like, his fingers clawed, his legs twisted into animal form (although he still stands upright)... and he's grown to a hulking eleven or twelve feet in height! As he shifted shapes, the man's clothes ripped even more, to hang in silken tatters, but both his chain shirt, and the katar still gripped in his hand, appear to have shifted with him...

Rashid gets to act next (first full round of combat), but be aware that the leopard-man just took a 5ft step back and now has reach. Keldar needs to roll initiative and declare his actions too.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
-4 wis

init1d20 ⇒ 15 charge to a flank 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 stand down sir

driudic:
are you a cat shamen?


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Rashid gulps slightly.

By the Dawnflower! I was not expecting that!

However, with a supreme act of will, he steels himself, shuffles forward, and takes another swing at the Beast.

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25.
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21, for 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 = 13 Slashing damage.

"Bahram? Yousef? Please tell me you can see that..."


ProfPotts:
Are these spoilers still nececery?

"Rashid!" Bahram cries out in shock and confusion, "What's the meaning of this?"


"Hold your horses lady. Or help, but I gotta protect the pretty-boy." Yousef charges the katar wielding man.

Charging Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7 plus cold 1d6 ⇒ 4plus sneak attack 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 equals 17.

AC currently 14 because he is charging naked


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

ProfPotts:

"..."

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 }+2 vs enchantment

Sigh

Qadira

Rashid and Keldar:
Undaunted, Rashid steps forwards, opening a clean cut across the giant leopard-man's thigh... a clean cut which starts to heal almost immediately...

As Keldar charges in to join his fellow dwarf, the leopard-man uses his susperior reach to lash out with the katar. The fine blade scores a deep hit in the dwarven druid's shoulder... but that's not the half of it, as additional wounds - like the rake marks of a great cat's claws - rip Keldar's flesh in parallel to the wound inflicted by the katar, appearing as if from nowhere... Keldar takes 16 Hit Points of damage.

Keldar's own blow, as he reaches the leopard-man's side, strikes the great beast... but appears to have little effect... In any case, he doesn't appear to take much notice of Keldar's words in either language...

Keeping up his assault on Keldar, the leopard-man lashes out with the katar - once more producing the strange additional rake-marks across the dwarf's flesh as the katar hits - and clamps his powerful feline jaws down hard on the druid's already wounded shoulder, ripping trerrible bloody wounds with his fangs... Keldar takes an additional 25 Hit Points of damage, for a grand total of 41 points of damage this round! Ouch!

Yousef quickly rushes (naked) in to join the fight, but seems to mistep - his swing with Tempest falling short, as if he were misjudging the leopard-man's exact location...

Meanwhile...

"Rashid!" Bahram cries out in shock and confusion, "What's the meaning of this?"

Yousef:
Quote:
"Hold your horses lady. Or help, but I gotta protect the pretty-boy."

'Oh... you know you're pretty enough for me,' teases Nyx as you charge off (naked) to do battle!

You see Rashid step forward, pressing his seemingly unprovoked assault on the regal-looking man, opening a clean cut across the man's thigh...

As Keldar charges in to join his fellow dwarf, the man lunges with the katar. The fine blade scores a deep hit in the dwarven druid's shoulder... but that's not the half of it, as dark, smokey, ghost-like leopard claws rip Keldar's flesh in parallel to the wound inflicted by the katar, appearing as if from the katar's blade...

Keldar's own blow misses, as the regal looking man deftly dodges to one side...

Keeping up his assault on Keldar, the man lashes out with the katar - phantom claws once more producing the additional rake-marks across the dwarf's flesh as the katar hits - and adds insult to injury by driving his other fist into Keldar's wounded shoulder with a skillful punch.

You quickly rush (naked) in to join the fight, but your swing with Tempest misses as the regal man lithly dodges with a quick backstep...

Meanwhile...

"Rashid!" Bahram cries out in shock and anger, "Cease this battle at once, or I shall kill you all where you stand!"

Bahram:
Quote:
Are these spoilers still nececery?

Yes... but rest assured, they're much more of a pain in the bottom for me to deal with than for you... ;)

You see Rashid step forward, pressing his seemingly unprovoked assault on the regal-looking man, opening a clean cut across the man's thigh...

As Keldar charges in to join his fellow dwarf, the man lunges with the katar. The fine blade scores a deep hit in the dwarven druid's shoulder... but that's not the half of it, as dark, smokey, ghost-like leopard claws rip Keldar's flesh in parallel to the wound inflicted by the katar, appearing as if from the katar's blade...

Keldar's own blow misses, as the regal looking man deftly dodges to one side...

Keeping up his assault on Keldar, the man lashes out with the katar - phantom claws once more producing the additional rake-marks across the dwarf's flesh as the katar hits - and adds insult to injury by driving his other fist into Keldar's wounded shoulder with a skillful punch.

Yousef quickly rushes (naked) in to join the fight, but his swing with Tempest misses as the regal man lithly dodges with a quick backstep...

Lavender:
Still blinded, you choose to remain seated as the sound of efreet laughter echoes all around you, and the temperature begins to rise...


Prof:
"BY all thats good!" Bahram cries out in shock as he sees the wounds inflicted by the regal osirian man. Wrinkling his brow he frowns for a moment before his face hardens, he would stand with his friends. 'They must have reason.'

"Stop it!" he shouts throwing his hand and pointing at the katar wielder, unleashing a blast of lightning.

Lightning arc; 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23, 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Rashid spares Bahram an incredulous look.

"Can you not see it? The 'man' has turned into a half-leopard thing which is at least 11 feet tall!"

He then attempts to slash the creature!

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Slashing damage.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
10 -4 wis

withdrawl back this round "cough"whatch out for that sword,"cough" there is some kind of "cough"claw attack attached to it "cough"


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

ProfPotts:

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 }+2 vs enchantment
Lavender continues to concentrate...
How long has it been Prof? Lavender is not the most patient person, and I don't see her sitting around concentrating for more than ten minutes or so.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

everything ok Prof?

Qadira

Yeah, sorry - I've been a bit under the weather (I'm still off work today in fact)... plus I finally check in and the in-game forums have been all 'improved' and stuff... Took a while to even find them! I'm a pretty slow learner when it comes to computers I'm afraid... ;)

Rashid and Keldar:
It's unsure if Rashid's words are even getting through to the others, but things don't look good as the dwarven cleric's scimitar slides ineffectively off the leopard-man's hide - what little damage it inflicts almost instantly healing - and Keldar is forced to drag his broken body away from immediate danger... at least for the moment.

The leopard-man's eyes dart between Rashid and Yousef, then narrow as they settle on the former,

'You see the monster, not the Falcon Emir, don't you dwarf...' growls the oversized brute as he lashes out with both punching dagger and bite at Rashid, blade, fangs, and strange claw-marks all ripping across the priest's flesh... Rashid takes 28 Hit Points of damage in total.

"By all thats good!" yells Bahram, "Stop it!"

Throwing his hand forwards, the young sorcerer unleashes a blast of lightning which passes between Rashid and the leopard-man, throwing up stone chippings and fragments of scorched papyrus as it chars the floor... It's hard to tell whether Bahram meant to aim there, or if it was simply his usual aiming skills doing their thing...

Yousef:
"Can you not see it?", yells Rashid, "We must slay this man and take his riches for ourselves!"

'[cough]Watch out for that sword [cough]', mutters Keldar as he backs off, 'it must be worth a fortune [cough]; don't damage it! [cough]'

Things don't look good as the dwarven cleric's scimitar misses the nobleman by a whisker - and Keldar is forced to drag his broken body away from immediate danger... at least for the moment.

The nobleman's eyes dart between Rashid and you, then narrow as they settle on the former,

'You're seeing things, aren't you dwarf...' says the man as he lashes out with the punching dagger at Rashid, blade and strange phantom claws both ripping across the priest's flesh...

"That's enough, Rashid!" yells Bahram, "Stop it!"

Throwing his hand forwards, the young sorcerer unleashes a blast of lightning which passes between Rashid and the leopard-man, throwing up stone chippings and fragments of scorched papyrus as it chars the floor... It's hard to tell whether Bahram meant to aim there, or if it was simply his usual aiming skills doing their thing...

Bahram:
"Can you not see it?", yells Rashid, "We must slay this man and take his riches for ourselves!"

'[cough]Watch out for that sword [cough]', mutters Keldar as he backs off, 'it must be worth a fortune [cough]; don't damage it! [cough]'

Things don't look good as the dwarven cleric's scimitar misses the nobleman by a whisker - and Keldar is forced to drag his broken body away from immediate danger... at least for the moment.

The nobleman's eyes dart between Rashid and Yousef, then narrow as they settle on the former,

'You're seeing things, aren't you dwarf...' says the man as he lashes out with the punching dagger at Rashid, blade and strange phantom claws both ripping across the priest's flesh...

You unleash a blast of lightning which passes between Rashid and the leopard-man, throwing up stone chippings and fragments of scorched papyrus as it chars the floor...

Lavender:
This is the fifth round after Lavender was blinded, so about thirty seconds... although my lack of posting rate recently probably makes it seem a lot longer... ;)

Finally blinking away your blindness, you take a moment to see what's happening...

Rashid, Keldar and (a naked) Yousef, seem to be engaged in deadly combat with a regal looking young man, dressed in gold-trimmed silks of blue and white, his black beard neatly trimmed and oiled into a stylish point, and a white silk turban on his head. Beneath his silk shirt you can just make out a shirt of fine mail links, and in the man's hand is a marvelous katar which looks to be a real work of art. Translucent, almost smoke-like, leopard claws seem to flow from the punching dagger to strike where the nobleman swings the weapon.

"Can you not see it?", yells Rashid, "We must slay this man and take his riches for ourselves!"

'[cough]Watch out for that sword [cough]', mutters Keldar as he backs off, hideous wounds across his chest and shoulder, 'it must be worth a fortune [cough]; don't damage it! [cough]'

Things don't look good as the dwarven cleric's scimitar misses the nobleman by a whisker - and Keldar is forced to drag his broken body away from immediate danger... at least for the moment.

The nobleman's eyes dart between Rashid and Yousef, then narrow as they settle on the former,

'You're seeing things, aren't you dwarf...' says the man as he lashes out with the punching dagger at Rashid, blade and strange phantom claws both ripping across the priest's flesh...

"That's enough, Rashid!" yells Bahram, "Stop it!"

Throwing his hand forwards, the young sorcerer unleashes a blast of lightning which passes between Rashid and the leopard-man, throwing up stone chippings and fragments of scorched papyrus as it chars the floor... It's hard to tell whether Bahram meant to aim there, or if it was simply his usual aiming skills doing their thing...

The efreet, and the heat, both seem to have vanished...

You recall some of what the strange four-armed woman was telling you in the chamber with the 'barge of Nethys' - about the dangers of the mists for those not prepared for them, but hinting that they also grant increased powers and open the mind... It seems likely that you're still under their influence, even though you've managed to get the visions a little more under control, and that some of what you're perceiving is little more than simple hallucination... whilst other components may be deeper truths usually hidden. Seperating the facts from the fiction, on the other hand, would seem to be the tricky part...


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Well, we are glad to have you back... Although our characters may not be ;-)

ProfPotts and Keldar:
Rashid gulps, but trusting in the Dawnflower to protect him, stoically accepts his fate and swings at the beast!

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Slashing damage.

The sad thing is, I do not see that Rashid has much choice; he cannot compete with healing against the damage this thing can deal, so he might as well go for broke, and try to take it down...


Prof:
'This doesn't make sense.' Bahram wails in his mind and launches into a summoning spell, aiming to put a hyena between Rashid and the noble.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Prof:
"...Screw your visions Nethys, Rashid and Keldar aren't greedy! Show me the truth!" Lavender yells in anger, a bit of lightning crackling around her!

Will to disbelieve? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 }+2 vs enchantment

Not sure is saving to disbelieve takes any actions or not. If not Lavender will do the following...

Seeing Keldar so hurt, Lavender tries to relieve the nobleman from his weapon (hopefully there is someone actually there...}

"Grease!" (DC 16)


Okay, I know I posted an action after Keldar's post. It must have gotten eaten without my notice. Oh well.

Yousef snaps his attention toward Bahram. Kid must have had his mind taken over like Kardswann. "Rashid, take that guy out! He then dives out of the way and charges towards Bahram. When he gets close, he launches into a front kick, aiming to knock the sorcerer out.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Charging Unarmed kick 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Non-lethal damage 1d3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5, 6) = 16


Rashid al-Gahiji wrote:

Well, we are glad to have you back... Although our characters may not be ;-)

** spoiler omitted **

I peeked:
That's a crit dude.

m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Spoiler:
hold on rashid, i need to heal up somepull wand1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,898 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.