Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP

Game Master Alexander Scott


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,898 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid shakes his head.

"Other than saying 'up', and 'outside', I really have no idea where they lead. Still, if we keep an eye on the vents, and the door the other fled through, I am sure that we will be able to search the room carefully, and the 'nest', carefully..."

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28.


"You guys search. I'll keep an eye out for those things."

Yousef keeps the crossbow at the ready as he scans the ceiling and openings to the room.

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

The Exchange

Keldar watches the small creature he decapitated bleed... a vile black ichor in place of blood, but still bleeding... for a while anyway (it being dead and all...).

Apart from that, there's no sign of the other two returning to the chamber...

Aside from the dried out potions Rashid discovered earlier, the creature's 'nest' proves to contain a collection of various old coins and trinkets (worth 164gp in total), although it's a foul job digging through the stinking pile of broken furniture and damp, shredded, papyrus...

Whilst the search is going on, a chipped ceramic mug, half-filled with silt, suddenly lifts off one of the shelves, floats gently across the room, then hovers by Lavender's side for a few moments... before dropping to shatter on the floor...


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Wha...What was that?" Lavender says taking a few steps back from the broken pot.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

After studying it for a moment, If Lavender is not able to make anything out, she casts detect magic and studies it some more.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

When he hears the ceramic vessel smash, Rashid glances up, alert for an attack...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24.

"Lavender, what happened?"

I wonder if there is a spirit haunting these ruins?

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.

The Exchange

The ceramic mug seems to have been carried... and dropped... by...

... nothing...

Lavender:
Apart from the magic you all brought with you, you only sense a lingering fragment of ancient magic in the vicinity of the shattered mug's remains...

Rashid:
You're uncertain as to whether the phenomenon could have been caused by a spirit or not...


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid frowns, and shivers slightly.

There is more going on here than meets the eye.

"Well then, let's keep going..."

He then strides purposefully for the other exit from the chamber.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"I sense a lingering magic from the area of the mug here, seems ancient... Keep your guard up everyone!" Lavender says as she follows the others into the next room.


Yousef shuffles along ready to but a quarrel into any ghost or tentacle-man he sees.

The Exchange

Heading through the narrow archway to the south of the room leads into a small, twenty foot long, corridor which heads west, before opening out onto a room to the south, a little under fifteen feet wide (west to east), and a full forty foot long (north to south). Reeking of dust, this ransacked room appears to have been some sort of scriptorium. Slate-topped tables and cedar-wood stools lie overturned and broken amid the cracked remains of scroll cases and rolls. Three wings lead to the east, each about seven or eight feet wide, and ten feet deep. In them, decrepit scroll racks of dry-rotted cedar lean haphazardly against the walls, their contents dumped out. Flecks of papyrus carpet the floor, a library of ancient lore laid to waste.

The dim light from Bahram's cantrip just barely reaches far enough to illuminate a massive basalt plaque which dominates the southern wall of the room. The plaque is edge with images of a figure which can only be the god-king Nethys on the deck of a river barque. Inscriptions covering the plaque appear to be in some form of hieroglyphs...

Language: Osiriani, or a Linguistics check Vs DC 20:
The inscriptions are in Osiriani and appear to be alternating descriptions of the positive and destructive capabilities of magic.

Perception DC 23:
As you enter the room you spot the creature which fled this way loping across the floor and into the middle of the three eastern wings of the room...


Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20
+7 normal=27
+12 visual=32

Yousef raises his crossbow and points it down the center wing.

"They're in there. Are they are threat? That pathetic one in the garbage didn't do any harm, but then again. We didn't give it a chance. Might the others be getting reinforcements?

Readied action to fire if anything comes from that hallway to attack.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

percep1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"I don't know, the things did sneak up on us. Something about them just doesn't seem right..." Lavender says.

Lavender readies an action to lightning blast the creature if it returns to attack as well.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30.

Rashid nods, as he spots the creature, too.

"Well, as long as it does not appear overtly hostile, we can probably safely just keep an eye on it..."

He then begins to warily conduct a search of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25.

The Exchange

Moving to the centre of entrance to the scriptorium's three 'wings', Yousef and Lavender spot the weird halfling-sized creature scurrying this way and that in the scredded remains of papyrus which carpet the place, as if it were in a panic and trying to find a way out. When their shadows, cast by Bahram's light, fall across it the creature turns, hisses, and rushes forwards...

Feel free to blast away! :)

Meanwhile, Rashid quickly becomes convinced that whatever treasures of knowledge and lore the books and scrolls in this chamber once held are lost to time, with nothing but shreds (which look too small and scattered for even an orison of mending to restore) remaining. However, it does seem that the massive basalt plaque on the southern wall is actually blocking passage to another chamber, as occassional wisps of a strange phosphorescent grey mist seep from patches where the stone around the plaque has chipped and crumbled...


Twang from the crossbow as Yousef pulls the trigger.

"I guess they are hostile after all."

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 2
.
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2.

Rashid rushes over to the creature, and attempts to decapitate it with a powerful swing of his scimitar!

MW Consecrated Scimitar: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Slashing damage.

Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21, for 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 extra Slashing damage.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Lavender throws her lightning lance at the strange creature with her readied action...

Ranged (Touch): Lightning Lance 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 /Electricity Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 /19x2 } (x6)

Init 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

...and if it is still alive she lets loose another lightning lance on her turn!

"Take that, and that!"

Ranged (Touch): Lightning Lance 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 /Electricity Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 /19x2 } (x5)


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

observing percep 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

The Exchange

As the small grey creature charges forwards, Yousef's bolt nicks the thing's shoulder, whilst Lavender's lightning blasts over the thing's head, sending up a cloud of scorched papyrus fragments as it impacts one of the shelves instead...

Leaping off the ground as it reaches Yousef, the creature's tentacle-esque arms and spiny claws reach out for the half-orc's neck... although Yousef manages to keep the thing at bay (and it's claws off his throat...).

Technically Yousef gets to go now, but since he doesn't have a declared action yet, I'll proceed with the others and say he's delaying to see what they do...

Lavender blasts away at the creature once more, but in her efforts to avoid frying Yousef misses again... just...

Rushing over, Rashid... decapitates the creature with a powerful swing of his scimitar... good call! :)

It's dead, Jim! What now?


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Helping Rashid continue to search the room...

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

I don't believe that there was another exit in the room.

"Should we go back and check another way?"


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid nods towards the massive basalt plaque.

"Well, I believe that that is blocking a passage to another chamber; Yousef? Is there any way to get past it? If not, I guess we should go back to the other chamber..."

Yousef can have a Guidance for that purpose ;-)


"Hmm. Let's see." Yousef breaks out a crowbar and proceeds to try and pry the plaqu off the wall.

1d20 ⇒ 11
If strength check it is a 15.
If Disable Device, it is a 24

The Exchange

Further searching of the room confirms the tragedy of so much knowledge destroyed, but reveals little more than myriad fragments of now useless papyrus...

Working at the massive basalt plaque for a good long while, Yousef fails to find any means to budge the thing. While it certainly seems like it's meant to move (it looks to be designed to slide up, out of the way) there doesn't appear to be any mechanical means to get it to do so... and brute force definitly isn't working...


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid frowns, as he watches Yousef's efforts, before giving a rueful smile.

"Perhaps we should leave well enough alone for the moment; it does not look like that is opening any time soon. Perhaps we should go back to the other passage?"

If no-one has any other suggestions, Rashid will head back to the other passage that we have yet to investigate...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31.


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Hmmm... It's the god of magic... Maybe you need to use magic to open it?

As the others start to leave, Lavender tries casting light on the basalt plaque, to see if that does something.

Assuming it doesn't, Lavender rushes to catch back up to the party.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 keeping an eye out for those creepy tenticle guys...


"Grr." Yousef puts away the crowbar, loads the crossbow, and follows Rashid keeping an eye out for trouble.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20
normal = 27
visual = 32

The Exchange

As Rashid and Yousef turn to head off, Lavender pauses to try casting a quick cantrip on the basalt plaque...

... Immediately, the eyes on all the various depictions of Nethys surrounding the plaque begin to glow and, as they do so, the plaque itself begins to slowly rise out of the way...

Beyond the plaque a winding natural rock corridor stretches ahead, clouded with phosphorescent grey mist. Statues carved into the rock walls stand rigidly along the meandering hallway, each clad in the trappings of a powerful mage or priest. Thick tendrils of pearlescent vapor hiss forth from their open mouths, weaving through the air like translucent alien vines before reluctantly dispersing. A susurrus of whispers can faintly be heard from the statues, the sounds of forgotten tongues trapped in time...

From the slow speed of the plaque's opening, it looks like it'll take about three minutes to reach its apex, but is easy to get past long before then.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

percep 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 figuring I heard. What is that/ Lav you okay? charge into room than follow others through


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Guys... Hey guys! I moved it! Lavender yells, waving her arms to try to get the others attention before they all leave the room.

Keldar wrote:
"What is that? Lav you ok?"

"Hahaha! Me? I'm fine! This plaque thing was no match for me though!" Lavender says, in a totally full of herself tone.

After her moment of glory, Lavender looks down the hall. "Kinda spooky... Should we go this way or check the other places out first."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 looking down the hallway.


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Well, in that case, I would like to put my Perception roll to good use on the unveiled corridor ;-)

Rashid smiles at Lavender.

"Well done!"

He then shrugs.

"Well, we have opened the passage now; we might as well go down it..."

Knowledge(Religion) on what it is that is in the corridor?

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.

Wrapping a piece of cloth around his mouth and nose, to try to avoid inhaling the unusual vapors, Rashid will cautiously move into the unveiled passageway...

The Exchange

Peering into the mist-enshrouded corridor, Lavender and Rashid both note that puffs of the vapour seem to issue from the statues' mouths in time with their strange whisperings in foreign tongues... even though the mouths of the statues don't actually move. The manner of the statues' carving suggests that they were carved out of naturally occuring vents for the weird mist, quite possibly with magical aid in the crafting. Unfortunately, Rashid can't recall anything about the potential religious significance of the statues and the mists...

Bahram explains that the statues are speaking in ancient Osirian, amongst other languages, and translates some of what they say...

'Who were you?'

'What is his task?'

'Where is your power?'

... everything the statues whisper appears to be an esoteric question of some kind...

Aaannnddd... a DC 16 Fortitude save from everyone entering the corridor, please. Covering you nose and mouth (as Rashid is doing) grants a +1 circumstance bonus on the save.


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

F+7/R +2/ W +7 cmd 15
AC 14/10/14 HP 51/
-4 wis

fort save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 if anyone stalls and seems affected, will assist them through


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Fort: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23.

His mouth and nose covered, scimitar and shield in hand, Rashid plunges into the passageway...


Fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Yousef looks at Rashid, then to Bahram, then to the statues....


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Immunity Magical Sleep; Resist electricity 10
F +2; R +3; W +3 { +2 vs Enchantment
AC 12; TAC 12; FFAC 10; CMD 12
hp 35 | Temp 0 | NL 0

Is the whole corridor filled with mist, or would we be able to possibly crawl to avoid whatever this mist is... Assuming that it is unavoidable...

Lavender covers her mouth and holds her breath as she makes her way through the corridor.
Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 } +1 covering of the face

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do you get a 20 or 50% chance to avoid having to make a save if you hold your breath?


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

second fort save as stop to asssist Yousef 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 and yes holding breath, but not covering face since need hands

third for Lav1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 whom must be in a really potient spot of of the stuff

The Exchange

Quote:
Is the whole corridor filled with mist, or would we be able to possibly crawl to avoid whatever this mist is... Assuming that it is unavoidable...

The whole thing is filled - almost as if that's exactly the reason it's been designed the way it has...

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do you get a 20 or 50% chance to avoid having to make a save if you hold your breath?

50% chance per round, yup... for those who thought to do so... ;)

Rashid and Lavender:
Plunging forwards through the swirling pearlescent mists (Rashid relying on his superior constitution to protect him from any adverse effects, and Lavender holding her breath) the two of you follow the corridor for a good seventy feet or so (taking two rounds of breath-holding), at which point a vast cavern looms ahead, its outlines obscured by eerie vapours. Foul with the scent of ancient decay (for those still breathing...), these noisome mists crawl unnaturally along the chamber's irregular floor. Unnerving outlines rise among the strange miasma, then fade back into nothingness as quickly as they appeared. An ancient barge dominates the chamber, hanging unsupported in the air. Little more than a skeleton of scorched spars and torn planks, portions of the ancient vessel flicker and fade, almost as unstable as the shifting vapours around it.

Hovering in the air a little below the barge is a mysterious figure wrapped in mist and strips of ancient robes, the curves of her outline those of a shapely maiden. From beneath the rune-embroidered tatters stretch four pale-grey arms, each bearing either a scroll or some strange arcane-looking device. Hidden in the cowl of her hood shimmer the faintest outlines of a veiled face and a pair of eyes flickering with barely restrained energy. Slowly orbiting the figure float an impressive collection of scrolls. As you enter the chamber the figure appears to be chanting mystic words, but soon she pauses, her glowing green eyes turning towards you both,

'Greetings, seekers,' her 'voice' seems to wordlessly caress your minds with something akin to a lover's gentle touch, 'demonstrate your mastery of the art, and the power you crave shall be yours...'

Yousef:
A few moments after you plunge into the mists they part and disipate of their own accord, revealing not the rocky corridor you expected to be in, but a mountaintop under the blazing Katapeshi sun! Unfortunately, you have little chance to appreciate the view... or the fact of your transportation... as a reptilian creature - humanoid from the waist up, but with a serpent's tail for a lower body - its skin covered in unnatural flames, lunges towards you, a deadly-looking spear gripped in its clawed hands!

Bahram:
A few moments after you plunge into the mists they part and disipate of their own accord, revealing not the rocky corridor you expected to be in, but the storeroom of your uncle's shop - the very room where you first encountered a genie! Unfortunately, you have little chance to appreciate the nostalga... or the fact of your transportation... as an all-too-familiar-looking enraged djinn rushes towards you, a deadly-looking falchion clutched in his muscular hands...

Keldar:
Keeping an eye out for the others, you notice Yousef and Bahram dropping behind as Rashid and Lavender continue on ahead. Turning back to aid your friends, you're amazed to find the half-orc and the sorcerer seemingly about to launch into attacks against each other!


"Yaaaaaa-wha-? Yousef drops the crossbow and draws Tempest, swinging wildly.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 + (2) = 10
AC: 18 w/Combat Expertise


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

Rashid frowns slightly, as he takes in the chamber, and its occupant...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23.

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19.

He then turns to Lavender.

"I think that this might be your chance to shine..."

Rashid waits for Lavender to cast a spell of some kind, and then follows suit, casting Detect Magic.

It is the only spell Rashid currently has memorized that does not require a divine focus, and hence should be able to be cast without bringing the Dawnflower into it...

...I am working on the assumption that taking 15 minutes to pray for another spell may not be a good idea ;-)


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Spoiler:
bull rush Bahram out of mist. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

"Uhh, Ok... W-which spell should I use..."Lavender thinks for a moment. "Ok, here is my strongest spell!"

Lavender starts to cast Shocking Ray, When she sees Yousef attack, Not sure what he is swinging at or why She will ignore it for the moment to finish the spell, Aiming towards the ceiling, simply displaying the power, trying not to threaten the figure.

"What is wrong Yousef?" Lavender says.

The Exchange

Lavender and Rashid aren't in the same place as Yousef (or Bahram or Keldar for that matter), so Lavender wouldn't have any idea what Yousef is doing - hence all the spoilering goodness! :)

Keldar:
With a mighty charge you carry both Bahram and yourself out of the mists (just before Yousef takes Bahram's head off with Tempest!), under the slowly closing basalt plaque, and into the room full of shredded papyrus... just in time, it seems, as you were starting to note strange shadows and hints of movement closing in around you... Thankfully, a good few lungfuls of clean air manage to clear your head before you succumb.

Bahram, on the other hand, seems like a different matter - his eyes still wild as they dart this way and that, obviously seeing things which aren't there...

Yousef:
You take a swing at the flame-wreathed snake-man... but just before your blow lands he seems to vanish in a cloud of fire and smoke, slowly fading hissing laughter all that remains of his presence...

Mists roll in, covering the mountaintop... then, for a moment, you seem to be back in the strange corridor with the whispering statues...

Time for a Will save Vs DC 15. Depending on if he fails or makes the save, see the appropriate spoiler below...

Yousef (failed):
... Another moment passes, and the mists once more receed: this time you find yourself in Nyx's bedchamber - the necromancer herself sprawled nude on her bed, beckoning invitingly for you to join her...

Yousef (succeeded):
... As you contemplate the mist-filled corridor Nyx steps up besides you, nude, to press her body against yours as she slips her arms around your neck and kisses you passionately... Something doesn't quite seem real about the necromancer's presence... You also note that Lavender and Rashid are no longer in sight - although there's a flash of lighting from somewhere up ahead around one of the many bends in the twisting rock corridor. Behind you, the basalt plaque is slowly closing, and Keldar and Bahram are back in the room full of shredded papyrus - the dwarf seemingly trying to snap the sorcerer out of some sort of confusion he's experiencing...

Bahram:
The djinn laughs a deep booming laugh at you, and as he does so a sudden gust of wind whips up and slams into you, propelling you sideways, and into a cloud of pearlescent mist...

... then, for a moment, you seem to be back in the room full of shredded papyrus...

Time for a Will save Vs DC 15. Depending on if he fails or makes the save, see the appropriate spoiler below...

Bahram (failed):
... Another moment passes and you find yourself floating through a seemingly infinite plane of blue sky and white clouds, with no ground at all in sight. As you float there, Zaina flies over to you, smiling as she plants a myriad of tiny kisses across your face...

Bahram (succeeded):
... As you contemplate the room full of shredded papyrus, and Keldar looking at you with concern in his eyes, Zaina appears, flying up to you to plant a myriad of tiny kisses across your face... Somehow her presence here doesn't seem right, and you also note that the basalt plaque is slowly closing, with Yousef behind it, and the neither Lavender nor Rashid are anywhere in sight...

Rashid:
You have no idea what the four-armed female figure is. Looking around the room you do manage to spot (through the mists), against the far wall, a pair of battered-looking saddlebags amidst some scraps of chewed bone, ragged bedding, and other signs that someone... or something... has been living in the cavern... although considering the four-armed woman's obvious powers, it's unlikely the crude little camp belongs to her...

When you cast your detect magic orison you do indeed detect a great deal of magical auras from the direction of the flaoting figure... If you want to keep the spell up you'll have a chance to learn more details, as usual.

Lavender and Rashid:
I'll need another Fortitude save from you both, please.

The glowing eyes of the four-armed woman appear to watch you both intently as you cast your spells. Lavender's spell produces two rays of lightning, both of which arc out to blast the cavern ceiling (with more power than Lavender imagined she could muster), causing dust and debris to fall... although it deflects harmlessly before striking the floating figure, as if bouncing off an invisible shield. Once Rashid has cast his orison too, the four-armed woman floats down, towards Lavender...

'You skills are impressive,' the voice once more sounds in your minds, 'your talent rare. Do not fight the breath of Nethys, as that is why seekers come to this place. Breathe deeply of the mists - they will open your minds to visions, and increase your mystical might... as you have witnessed. The ill-prepared are oft overcome with confusion by the effects of the god's breath, but your mastery of the art suggests that you can also master the mists, and the visions they bring...'

Phew - spoiler city!


Spoiler:
Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"Well, well, well. Just what the doctor ordered." Yousef sheathes Tempest and proceeds to unbuckle and unbutton his gear and clothes. "You'll have to excuse me. I've been fighting man-serpents and a cat-woman."


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

move so as to see both of them. If either one seems to get hurt or try to hurt others, will intervene some how


hp 35 | AC 12 | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 12 | F +2 | R +3 | W +3 | Init +8 | Per +8 || LL 8 || Sp ~/8/2 ||| SpC 8min

Profpotts & Rashid:

"...Uhh... Okay! Hey Bahram, do you know..." Lavender looks back to see that no one else is with them. "Hey! Where did everyone go? Weren't they right behind us Rashid?"

Fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Will save; 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Fail.

"Zaina!" Bahram cries out joyfully, spreading his arms to embrace her. "Zaina, your back! I've missed you so much. Zaina! Your back, I'm so glad to see you..."


Male Dwarf Cleric 5

ProfPotts & Lavender:
Fort: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19.

Rashid continues to focus on his Detect Magic.

He then frowns.

"What...? I do not know where they have got to..."

Rashid then gestures to the far side of the chamber.

"...However, I think that someone or something has been living in here, if the scattered bones, bedding and saddlebags are anything to go by."

The Exchange

Yousef and Bahram:
Well... it's basically just repeating the same Will save round by round until you make it at this point... Barring outside influence, of course... Otherwise, enjoy the ride!

Keldar:
"Well, well, well. Just what the doctor ordered," says Yousef as he sheathes Tempest and proceeds to unbuckle and unbutton his gear and clothes. "You'll have to excuse me. I've been fighting man-serpents and a cat-woman."

... He appears to be talking to one of the statues in the corridor...

"Zaina!" Bahram cries out joyfully, spreading his arms as if to embrace you, "Zaina, you're back! I've missed you so much. Zaina! You're back, I'm so glad to see you..."

... Bahram seems to have mistaken you for his little friend, as he tries to hug and kiss you...

Lavender:
As you breathe deeply of the mists, the scene before you transforms - where the floating barge once looked like a run-down wreck, it is now revealed to you in all its majesty - a splended vessel, afloat on a sea of clouds! Rashid's words come to you as if over a great distance, and you find it hard to even notice him next to you as the crew - beautiful people of all races and creeds, bedecked in finery only seen in ancient Osirian paintings of the gods - peer over the side of the celestial barge and call down to you, their words in no language you recognise, for no mortal tongue could sound so beautiful, yet their meaning is clear: that you join them as they travel through time and space on the barge of Nethys...

'Do you wish to join them, seeker?' the four-armed woman's voice sounds in your head as she floats near to you, two of her arms gesturing towards the welcoming barge, 'There is nothing to fear, and the secrets of the gods and the universe to learn. You have done well, you have proved your mastery of the art: you deserve this reward... Your friends will be here when you return, you have my word...'

Rashid:
Lavender appears to be staring up at the rickety old wreck of a barge which floats in the chamber, the glazed look on her eyes suggesting she's barely acknowledging your presence. The four-armed woman looks at Lavender as she gestures towards the barge with two of her hands, then glances towards you,

'An accursed man dwelt here,' the voice flows through your mind, 'he was a seeker too, but lacked the mastery of your friend here. He ran away.'

The floating woman's glowing green eyes look back to Lavender as she continutes speaking in your head,

'Your friend has earned great things - the chance to uncover arcane secrets few are privy to. She is deciding... deciding whether to travel with the gods, or to reject the gifts offered her. Do not fear, no harm shall come to her; wait in the outer temple and she shall be returned to you when her journey is complete - you have my word.'

As you continue to focus on detecting magic you sense that the four-armed woman appears to have at least two faint and one moderate magical effect upon her, that the mist itself appears to be faintly magical, and that the selection of scrolls slowly orbiting the woman are all moderately powerful items... However, as you continue to maintain your orison, the woman's eyes turn towards you once more,

'That is enough,' her voice caresses your thoughts, 'you know enough... for the moment...'

At that, her eyes blaze with power for a moment, and your orison fizzles out completely...

'Increase your mastery,' her voice seems to have an amused edge to it now - although gentle, rather than mocking, like a parent amused by a child's antics, 'and seek me out once more. Now, you should attend to your friends, before their misunderstanding of the breath of Nethys causes them pain they could avoid...'


m dwarven page 18 druid 5th

Spoiler:
back hand slap bahram. Snap out of it

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,898 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ProfPotts' Legacy of Fire PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.