Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pool of Radiance

Game Master Tarloc Doom

An ancient evil has erupted in the far reaches of the Moonsea the town of Phlan has fallen it is up to Foreign adventures to decide the fate of all of the Moonsea...


401 to 450 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Oro is also ready.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

...and waiting : )


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

Mel can't stop lovingly fondling his new mace. He keeps taking a cloth out and wiping any fingerprint smears off. He has decided to name it Kerthonk, which seems appropriate to him.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

FireSnap Suggests we head back out to the keep and finish off the undead there once and for all


Melismar feels a little more confident he might assist in that, this time. Kerthonk gets another surreptitious fondle.


Male Human

im a concerned resident of Phlan. Are you hero's ever going to reclaim our fair city?


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh
Tarloc Doom wrote:
im a concerned resident of Phlan. Are you hero's ever going to reclaim our fair city?

"Phlan was not taken over in a day and it will take effort time to reclaim it. We will do our best, tho that wasn't enough foe one of our companions. She died trying to reclaim this city. So have patience and Brigh willing we will be successful." replies FireSnap


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

If we are all ready to go I say we head back


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Anyone wanna temporarily take over the helm while the captain's below decks?


Male Human

who is left playing? which means i would consider it.


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I still am. :)


Male Human Summoner 1

Still here


Male Human

discussion page


Male Human

Firesnap, eager to continue on in Sokol Keep hastily gathers the remainding members of the party and you head back to the dock district to secure passage to the abandoned keep.

The harbormaster checks your charter papers and oks your transport. he loads all of you onto a small skiff and you shove off.

after a short trip across the bay you are deposited rather quickly at the dock of the keep. "Sorry sirs, Im not going to end up like that other acquaintance of yours. Left for dead I mean. Good luck in there."

The door to the gatehouse is still ajar from your last exit from the place.


Male Human

lets get a marching order and a spot check while entering the compound gate


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Huh, I had wrote a whole cool into with Lomar and Firesnap a while back but it looks like it didn't take. Didn't realize that till just now. Oh well, I'll try and just sum it up so we can get the introductions over and get to the good stuff! ; )

Frustrated with waiting Lomar leaves the shop and wanders the town, looking for some action. As he walks the streets he stops as he happens to overhear a conversation between a Gnome and a Human.

FireSnap wrote:
Tarloc Doom wrote:
im a concerned resident of Phlan. Are you hero's ever going to reclaim our fair city?
"Phlan was not taken over in a day and it will take effort time to reclaim it. We will do our best, tho that wasn't enough foe one of our companions. She died trying to reclaim this city. So have patience and Brigh willing we will be successful." replies FireSnap

"What's that? You and your companions have been into the Old City you say? Excellent! This is your lucky day. Quite fortunate it is for you that I have found you." the snobby young noble spends a moment looking the Gnome up and down, not bothering to hide his lack of being overly impressed "That you have already lost one of your company shows you are clearly in need of inspired leadership. And I am now here! So, be quick about then, lead me to your companions. Chop chop!"

If he notices the dark look his words and manner get, he is either ignoring it or is oblivious to it.

Eventually Lomar is led to the rest of the companions, introductions are quickly made and the eager party is on their way. As they traverse the water Lomar thinks to himself 'Sigh. Well, I guess I couldn't expect to find much better than this in this back-water town, so they shall have to do I suppose. But nevermind, with my leadership now to guide them they shall shape up quite quickly I am sure. But best of all, the adventure has begun! And soon, oh yes very soon, I shall have my revenge!'

As the sailor of the skiff hastily drops them off, Lomar spends a moment using some minor magic to remove all the dirt and moisture from his clothes, leaving them clean and pristine, as he prefers them. Clearing his throat he adresses 'his' new team. "Well then, I understand your last foray here was, shall we say, less than successful? But never fear, I am here to lead you now and things shall be quite different. So, if one of you will quickly update me on where you have been and what you have done so far, we can begin."

"Oh and hmm, yes let's see..." Lomar says as he carefully looks over his companions, assessing their abilities and capabilities "Yes, ok I think it best if you there, Muddy is it? And Oropher take the lead. Firesnap and I shall go next and you two, I forget your names." he points at Melismar and Sylavel "Shall take up the rear. Yes, that will do quite nicely. So, what are we waiting for then? Let's begin! Adventure awaits!" as he adds this last he draws his sickle and eagerly looks forward to the yawning portal ahead.
Cast: Presdigitation
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Hey Gang! Just thought I'd better give a little heads up here about Lomar. While he can be arrogant, callus and rude, he's not actually a bad guy, once you get to know him, he just has little experience around others who are not subservient to him (and, well, there may be some hidden reasons for his behaviour as well that I shall not reveal just yet ; ). He's quite attractive and has a strong sense of personality, and may just actually eventually be as good a leader as he clearly thinks he is, but that may take some time and 'seasoning' still. In the meantime, please feel free to disagree with him, dislike him or whatever else you think appropriate. Just cuz he's assuming he's the leader, it doesn't mean that he actually is. Yet ; ). Your PC's can say and act towards him however they like, I never take anything PC to PC personally and I hope you all feel the same. So looking forward to some good RP and some good old fashioned D&D fun here! Woot!


Male Human

as you take for what is a few characters, their first steps into the deteriorating compound. you immediately notice a heavy mist starting to form in the keep.

within seconds visibility is reduced to about 20 ft. before the mist started, you made out a four sided compound about 100x100ft. The walls heavily coated with mold and crusted salt. two buildings in the center and a few doors on each side were all you were able to make out before the whiteout.

a low moaning and rattling starts from somewhere to the east (left). you entered the keep facing south by the way.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Do we have any maps up and about?


Male Human

The larger of the two building's dark outline is visible through the haze, it looks to be about 30 ft ahead and looks about 30 ft wide.

that is the building where the original party slaughtered the ochre jelly.

the second building, was a few feet behind and to the left of the first one


Male Human

three doors were also visible on east side and two on the west, about 40 ft either direction.


Male Human

and the council has no maps of the city. most were too young to even remember when they fled the city those 50 years past.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

still here


Male Human

plan of action? (lomar Fireball 3oclock! squad prepare to rush, RUSH!) If u get my drift


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Still waiting for the others to chime in with something. Any RP or actions for you Firesnap?


male human barbarian

Muddy looks at Lomar angrily: "You know, this flail was newly repaired, and, as it's owner, it awaits for its vengeance. I have nothing against you, but if you get between it and what ever happens to pop up on this island... He abruptly stops talking as he hears the moaning. I presume that is from our hosts, I'm going to say hello to them. Anyone want to join? He moves slowly towards the eastern building checking if there was someone actually coming behind him before opening the door.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Man is this Lomar guy Full of himself..Tho matter if he gets TOO Bossy...i can let his blood trickle on his clothes a few seconds longer.....no that wouldn't be right Thinks FireSnap
Lets Go revenge Blythe's Death


Male Human

muddy makes it about ten ft into the dense mist, and notices half a dozen HUmanoid shapes milling about approx 20 ft ahead.


Male Human Summoner 1

Sylavel says little as he follows the others in, crossbow at the ready if need be.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

If they are just undead lets let them close some and I can channel and get them


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Lomar merely sniffs and arches his eyebrow at Muddy's threats. After all, what more could one expect from an uncouth barbarian? Obviously some discussion on obedience and respect would have to be had, but the young noble was at least aware enough to know that now was not the proper place and time.

As he enters with the others and sees the figures he calls out loudly and sharply "Halt! Who goes there! Stay where you are or face the consequences!" as he speaks Lormar readied an action to attack should the figures charge or otherwise prove to be hostile.

Tarloc, can we see the figures well enough yet to attack without penalty?


Male Human

the party has decent visibility on the enemy. Appears to be 3 skeletons in the lead group advancing, followed by 3 slower zombies. Everyone can get an action in unless u close with the enemy. They are about 20ft ahead and closing. We will start with init checks and go from there


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Once he is able to identify the enemy, Lomar lets loose with a blast of pure magical force at the closest skeleton,yelling "Die foul abominations!Back to the abyss you came from!".
Eldritch Blast(ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Magic Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
(plus Fire damage if applicable): 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Human

Lomar unleashes with a blast of eldritch fire that chars the lead skeleton to ashes. The blast causes the undead behind to wince at the display.

Any other ranged attacks before we get to init? and any melee that may happen after.


Male Human Summoner 1

"I will not be pushed back!" Sylavel once again conjures forth a hound from the hells below. The creature appears behind the encroaching undead, launching into them in a ravenous fury.

Fiendsih Riding Dog:

Dog, Riding (Fiendish, Augmented Summon)
This burly dog is fitted with a small saddle. A low, menacing growl rumbles up from its chest.
Riding Dog CR 1
N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, darkvision 60', scent; Perception +8
Defense
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 19 (2d8+10)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
SR 6, Resist Cold and Fire 5
Offense
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+6 plus trip)
Smite Good 1/day
Statistics
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Special Qualities
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent

Dice and Actions:

Standard, summon Fiendish Riding Dog on far side of undead (if not possible then this side). Dog will attack nearest undead.
Fiendish Dog's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human

Accompanied by a flash of light and brimstone, a devilish looking canine appears on the far side of the battlefield, just behind the trailing zombies.

It lunges at the nearest zombie, but just misses the mark.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

FireSnap Channels to hurt Undead
Burn by the power of Brigh
Channel1d6 ⇒ 3 DC12


male human barbarian

Muddy makes a step back, not wanting to get to early into the fight, then when he sees the zombies close enough, he spins his flail hoping he would hit something.

Init1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Damage1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human

Firesnap holds his holy symbol in the air and invokes the full power of brigh against the undead menace. The creatures cower and smolder a little before resuming their advance.

Muddy launches an attack with his heavy flail and just missis the approaching zombie nearest him.

The first skeleton advances on muddy and swings a corroded broad sword at him 1d20 ⇒ 17 1d6 ⇒ 5

The second skeleton (last one) also makes his way towards the overly large barbarian and swings its blade at him 1d20 ⇒ 16 1d6 ⇒ 4

Two of the zombies make their way past the first combatants, and move to attack the magic users in the next rank. the initial attack is aimed at firesnap, he rakes his filthy claws at him 13+4=17, 2+4=6 pts dmg. the second of the two advances and makes a move on sylavel, it also tries to do harm using its slam attack 7+4=11 miss

the third one turns to make an attack against the summoned riding dog 5+4=9 miss

(Dice roller is not cooperating with me. Im going old school, my own dice if its ok by you guys. plus in a near death situation, I'd rather see the party live then die by bad dice rolls.)


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Sorry, papers due like crazy this week. Posting before work (and coffee) so if I mess up (or if its too cheezy) lemme know. ;)

I watched as the skeletons advanced on us, and was happy i had my sword reground and out. I raised my shield, ready for them to come, and tried to get in front of Firesnap and Sylavel, but I dont think i have time.

Actions: Ready attack at anything that comes near enough. I think I get a free 5ft step too, but havent actually used a ready action before.


Male Human

Oro's plan was too attack one of the zombies when he was close enough. He swings his long sword at the nearest zombie 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human

he takes a swing and just misses the zombie with his attack. round one ends. start round two.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Seeing no one wounded FireSnap will Channel Hurt Undead again
Channel1d6 ⇒ 3 DC12
Die you undead abominations!!


Male Human

two party members were injured. muddy took 5 points from one skeleton. and firesanp took 6 from a zombie attack. I will be clearer next time. but i think your init is closer to the rear, so if you want to change your action based on the new info that will be ok.


Male Human

but technically, channeling positive energy to heal in a 30ft radius will also dmg the undead in that 30 ft radius at the same time. so you could kill two birds with one stone i beleive.

for 3 pts of dmg that is.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

A grin of excitement and adrenaline on his face from his first real battle in quite some time, Lomar takes a step back away from his closest foe and unleashes his eldritch power on a zombie this time, blasting the creature into flaming pieces of undead flesh.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
magic and fire damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) = 9


male human barbarian

The barbarian spat some blood and tried to get his composure, he knew that death will await him he would not be able to do that. With blood dripping over his eyes he prepared for another attack at the skeletons. But as soon as he started to lunch the flail towards his enemy he knew it would be another miss. Something was wrong with his flail. Perhaps it was angry at him for damaging it in the last battle.

attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
damage1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Yep, It appears that the dice hates me. And Tarloc, I don't want to be rude but I think both attacks succeeded bringing up 9 hp of damage. and that channel energy is either healing or damage depending on what the caster chooses. :(

stats:

AC:16
HP:15max, 9 damage taken
heavy flail (+5 attack), 1d10+4 (19-20*2) disarm,trip,B, 2 handed


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Seeing the damage being done to 'his' team and remembering his lessons that it is his responsibility for those under his command, Lomar calls out "Priest! Leave the enemy to the rest of us for the moment and focus your energies on healing the wounded!"

Yes Tarloc, Muddy's correct, it used to be as you say, but recently Paizo changed channel energy to be only one way or the other, not both anymore


Male Human

Lomar unleashes another blast of hell fire ot the nearest zombie. the creature is incinerated by the blast.

Muddy also launches an attack with his heavy flail. But maybe the blood in his eyes is affecting his sight, he comes close but no contact.

unless pathfinder gameplay is a lot diff than 3.5, I believe a tie on attack roll vs AC is a miss. I have you marked down at a AC 16 muddy, his attack roll was a 16 also. as for the channeling, I guess a channel in a 30 ft radius that heals and dmgs everyone, would also heal and damage the enemy. so I will take your advice and say firesnap either channels a heal on the party, or damages the enemy.

touche lomar. you posted as I was!


Male Human Summoner 1

Round 2

Statblock:

HP 9/9
AC 15 T 12 FF 13
F/R/W 1/2/2
Effects: None

Sylavel commands his animal to once again attack the nearest skeleton. Sylavel himself Moves to a position to attack one of the creatures with his crossbow.

Dice and actions:

Dog standard attack nearest skeleton, move action if necessary to get to it.
Dogs Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Dog's Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dog's Free Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Sylavel, move to position, standard attack with crossbow.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

With my last attack a resounding failure, I struck out again at the zombie that was still engaging our party.

Rolls:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

401 to 450 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pool Of Radiance Ruins of Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.