Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pool of Radiance

Game Master Tarloc Doom

An ancient evil has erupted in the far reaches of the Moonsea the town of Phlan has fallen it is up to Foreign adventures to decide the fate of all of the Moonsea...


101 to 150 of 587 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Cavalier 1

"Can we stop yapping and go already? I want to kill some goblins." Says Krokolam


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Krokolam wrote:
"Can we stop yapping and go already? I want to kill some goblins." Says Krokolam

"But what if the goblins have a fancy to kill some gnomes? A little more information could never hurt, and I'm not sure it's pesky goblins we need to be afraid of. The gentlemen was just now speaking of orcs, not goblins. And even those have been driven out, by his account, by something worse. My hair might look like a carrion crawler's nest at the moment, but I certainly don't want to distract people's attention away from it by sporting a brand new hat, made of arrows. Even if those arrows do have feathers."


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

He takes a swig of ale. "I'm not afraid of anything, except maybe that I'll run out of drink."


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I watched the interplay between the gnome and the vain bard with amusement. The bard had a good point, despite his hair.

Master Krokolam, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but he has a point. The more we know, the better we'll be once we get there. Something is scaring the orcs. I've never seen orcs, but from what I've read, it takes a bit to scare them. Although if you're up to it, perhaps I could just throw you over the wall at the enemy, and relax while you take care of it for me.

I smirked at the gnome, not out of mocking, but just at enjoying giving him a hard time.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Krokolam wrote:
He takes a swig of ale. "I'm not afraid of anything, except maybe that I'll run out of drink."

Well, I know who's going in front of me, then, thinks Mel.


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

Krokolam drunk down more ale. "I think it would be best If I stayed on the back of my noble steed, and ran them down with great vengeance." he says, trying to sound all brave and noble, and intimidating.

Intimidate (no one in particular, just trying to look intimidating and impressive) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

The man shrugs. "I can tell you little more about the keep I have however, heard many rumors at the pubs in town perhaps you can learn more there. I can however guaranty the council will reward you greatly and your fame with the council will defiantly grow what do you say."

Melismar:
The man seems fair enough and seems stressed he is against the most of the council and seems to follow his own orders not the councils.


Male Human Summoner 1

"The pub. Sounds like our next stop then. Though it might be more damaging to us than the keep." Sylavel smiles and glances at Dric and Blythe. Hopefully we don't lose too many of our fellows there.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Wareagle wrote:
The man shrugs. "I can tell you little more about the keep I have however, heard many rumors at the pubs in town perhaps you can learn more there. I can however guaranty the council will reward you greatly and your fame with the council will defiantly grow what do you say."

Melismar rather wishes the councillor hadn't mentioned a pub in the hearing of Blythe and Krokolam, for he's rather a feeling that concept will have a certain appeal... but more information might be helpful, and he'd rather face the unknown on a full stomach of decent food -- assuming that was possible in this gods-forsaken part of the world. However bad it was, it was still likely to be better than the fare on the ship, that was some consolation.


Male Halfling Empty Handed Monk

"I doubt the swill they have in the pubs will effect me much after that soup. Besides, I can drink orc ale and stay standing. Sometimes. I just might not remember the rest of the night."


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Dric "The Quarter Orc" Ghawn wrote:
"I doubt the swill they have in the pubs will effect me much after that soup. Besides, I can drink orc ale and stay standing. Sometimes. I just might not remember the rest of the night."

"Quite! I wonder whether my taste buds will *ever* recover."


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Great. He mentioned pubs. Well, we might get information if we could pry the lushes from their drinks.

Well, sir, it seems that my friends and I have accepted your task. At this point, it seems time to say goodbye for now. I turn to the rest of the party. Shall we see if we can get more information? Master Krokolam, Master Ghawn, Ms. Astor, lead the way.

I nod at the councilman in thanks, and turn to leave.

Options for bars? What on that map is open/not destroyed? I also meant to ask where the wall stood.


Male Half- Elf Paladin 1

Vaniel remains quiet throughout the declaration of war to retake the city. His silence remains further when thier group is pulled aside to speak with Porphyrys. He places a hand to his pointed chin and gently strokes it while listening to his companions ideas and comments. "It would seem prudent to gather more information and seeing that I should go introduce myself to the church of Torm, I will see what can be gathered there. Im sure it shouldn't take long. What pub should I meet you all at?"

After finding out the pub Vaniel offers a bow to the councilman and then to his companions and takes his leave heading in the direction of the church.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

As you turn to leave Porphyrys calls out some last word to you before getting back to his duty's. "I thank you for agreeing to aid me in this be sure to come back alive."

The two taverns are The laughing goblin and The Cracked Crown witch got it's name from the countless brawls that have taken place there.

As for the location of the wall it cuts of the civilized area from the Slums and part of the old city make reference to map.


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

Blythe tosses aside the butt of the cigar she is smoking and nods to Vaniel. "I'm coming with you."


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

"So, this means we're moving out then." The gnome says, keeping a keen eye on everything.


Male Half- Elf Paladin 1
Blythe Astor wrote:
Blythe tosses aside the butt of the cigar she is smoking and nods to Vaniel. "I'm coming with you."

Vaniel nods in return " Very well, lets meet back up at The Laughing Goblin" opting for the less rowdier of the two taverns


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I watched Blythe head off with the paladin, a little surprised to see her choose that route. Ah well. I understand the need for piety, but I also feel like we have stuff to accomplish.

Laughing Goblin it is. Shall we?

I walked off towards the aforementioned tavern, waiting for the rest of the people to follow.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

You leave the council hall and split heade to the temple or Laughing gob.

Those going to the Pub:
The dank and wretched smell of the pub assails your nostrils upon first entry the pub is fairly busy probably more so then it's ever been but is quite quiet and definitely more comfortable then the Cracked Crown which is mostly just a brawling zone. You hear several groups spewing rumors and such round table and it would seem much could be learned here but whether it is true...

The bartender seems nice and offers drinks to you all when you first enter you find a large seat big enough for the whole of ya and the bartender brings you all first rounds On the house he says.

Those who head to the Church of Torm:
The Church is quite large and defiantly in better condition than the rest of the town in fact the church has been a part of Phlaan for centuries even during the many troubles of Phlaan it always stood strong. Inside is quite too quite no one makes a noise except on odd occasion when the priest says in his slow soothing voice a line or two to those coming for guidance or those come to pray. The building is large inside with two large library inside it and countless monks who keep to themselves it is a calm and soothing place and it makes you forget the horror outside.

If anyone was not going to one of those two places do tell now please.


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

Krokolam follows the others to the Laughing Goblin.
On the house, count me in.


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

And me. Yes, elves drink. I dont drink much, but do enjoy a solid beer.

I looked around at the rest of the people, trying to get an idea of what was going on.

As the bartender returned with drinks, I asked what he knew.

Sir, have you heard anything about Sokol keep and that little island its on?

Rolls:

Perception=1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Diplomacy=1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling Empty Handed Monk

"Drinks on the house, eh? I'm not one to turn down a free drink." Dric says before he takes a long swig of the drink set before him. He casts an eye around the room, watching to see if anyone heard the elf's question and decided to keep an on them.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human Summoner 1

Sylavel also proceeds to the Laughing Goblin, and accepts a drink, thanking the bartender.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Oropher Helyan wrote:
Laughing Goblin it is. Shall we?

"I certainly prefer my goblins to be laughing rather than screaming and attacking," agrees Melismar before joining those heading to the pub. "Though one can't help but wonder what sort of thing makes a goblin laugh? Perhaps it's best not to dwell on that. Mr Krokolam, I imagine you'll be off to the temple as well? No?! Well, I'm jiggered..." Melismar smiles as he tags along with the larger party.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

An unusual policy -- giving away the first drinks free -- then again, looking at some of this party, it's fairly obvious one won't be the last... perhaps there was method in the madness.

Melismar looks with interest at the taverner, awaiting his response to Oropher's questioning, and with subtle suspicion at his free drink, wondering just how much it had been watered down -- furthermore, what sort of water it might be.
Sense Motive (on the barkeep and free drinks as he talks): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12; Perception (room in general): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

Blythe follows Vaniel in relative silence to the Temple. The walk is short. They arrive, and he enters the Temple. "Good talk." she says, but does not enter. She sits outside the temple, staring at the front doors, until Vaniel exits.


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

Krokolam reaches out for some of this free drink and begins guzzling it. He then grabs another, and another.


Male Halfling Empty Handed Monk

"If ye keep drinking like that, you'll have to be carried out before the night is done." Dric tells Krokolam with a laugh. "At least pace yourself with a drnkin' gam or something."


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

"I drink like my patron god." He says, guzzling another ale. "And I hold my ale like him too.


Krokolam wrote:
"I drink like my patron god." He says, guzzling another ale. "And I hold my ale like him too.

"Cayden Cailean's right-handed as well?" asks Mel, in mock surprise. "Didn't know that." Mel slips a sly wink at Oropher, the uptight elf.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"You can't be looking to go to the keep now can you." The man says and is shocked by the party's subtle nod. "Well ol Nates got a piece of advice for you lot, the keep was overrun by a horde of orcs's long ago until most recently they just up and left since then there have been a brave few daring enough to go back to the old keep those who come back come back with reports of haunts, they say that the ghost of the defenders of the keep before it was overrun have risen and now haunt the place." The man pauses after telling his tale and turns to the gnome asking "How many more can you down." He then laughs.


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

"You would be surprised at how much I can put down before becoming drunk. But there is nothing wrong with being drunk, for Cayden Cailean himself was drunk when he became a god."

He pauses.

"Do you have anything stronger?"


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

How am I to know if Cayden Cailean is right handed. I thought about it more. Err, that was a joke, wasnt it. Oh well.

I listen to the man's tale. It does fit in with what we learned from the councilman. I think for a while, as Krokolam gets himself deeper into the drink. Soon he wont be able to stand, much less ride his whatsidoodle into battle. Looks like a night's sleep is in for us after this.

Ghosts, eh? What's the deal with them? I know little, I'm afraid.


Male Half- Elf Paladin 1
Wareagle wrote:
You leave the council hall and split headed to the temple...

During the walk Vaniel's thoughts of his life up to this point still weigh heavy in his mind ...if only I could've been there. I could've saved... Coming too at the temple's entrance with Blythe's words Vaniel muttered something of a sorry that was barely audible and he stepped inside.

The moment he stepped inside Vaniel instantly felt his soul come to peace and some of his inner turmoil ease. Its the same feeling that he got every time he entered Torm's sanctuary. He quickly offered a deep bow and then looked to find a priest who was not busy. Upon finding one Vaniel again offers a reverential bow " Greetings brother, I am Vaniel Silvermane, A simple servant to Torm's loyal calling. I have come to make a humble donation to the church as well as pledge my service. All I ask in return is a bit of information on how the church is faring during this crisis and my party have been charged with finding what is ailing Sokol keep. Pray tell anything the church may know. Any information even something small could be vital." After he finishes speaking Vaniel reaches into a pouch and pulls out 20 gold and hands it over with a slight bow

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

Blythe pulls out another, smaller cigar. She puts it in her mouth, tasting the sweet spice, rolling it on her tongue. She lets out a deep sigh.

People move about the square lethargically. She pulls out a roll, breaks it, and nibbles on an end.

With a disgusted look on her face, she chucks one end away, and puts the cigar back in her mouth. Just before she chucks the other end away, a little girl with a dirty face coughs from the other side of the square.

The little girl is staring at the temple. Blythe watches her for a few moments, then approaches her.

The little girl does not look up at Blythe. "Do you believe the gods will help you?" Blythe asks.

The little girl doesn't respond.

Blythe hands her the other half of the roll. The girl clutches it close to her chest. "Don't you, mum?

Blythe rolls the cigar on her tongue. She doesn't answer for a long minute. "Don't stop. Not for anyone. Not even yourself." She turns and strides away.


Male Halfling Empty Handed Monk
Oropher Helyan wrote:
Ghosts, eh? What's the deal with them? I know little, I'm afraid.

"Worse thing about ghosts is that I can't hurt 'em. The got an unfair advantage and, while I usually don't care about stuff like that, that means I won't be any good against 'em."


Male Human Summoner 1

"If it is indeed ghosts, there are options available to us, such as Holy Water. But it could also be simply overactive imaginations, or pranksters. I'd prefer to investigate abit before jumping to conclusions myself. It seems the orcs are gone at least, so I'd recommend we acquire any provisions we need and head there in the morning."


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Agreed. Although, I somehow doubt that pranksters scared away the Orcs. But going on just rumor doesnt sound smart. I might buy something just to be on the safe side. Maybe the others will have found some information as well.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

I've never seen a ghost, admits Melismar. "I've heard stories, though... I could share some with you, one night, were you so minded. Nothing like a good scare. Perhaps I'll get another supernatural story out of our adventure -- that would be fun."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Vaniel:
The man smiles seeing as a Paladin of TOrm coming to aid our town. "Perhaps Torm sent er champion after all" he whispers to himself." He then averts his attention to the offering and the Paladins words. "I am glad Torms servants aid in this task I take it you are not familiar with Phlaan seeing as I have never seen you here, your donation is generous and may Torm guide your steps." After hearing of the keep his face goes grim. "It was a ragic fate the men and women of the keep If your looking for a story I know...much." He pauses but continues when Vaniel returns a slight nod. "The fate of those who once stood proud in the keep was not that of the rest of Phlaan. It started many years back not long before the fall of the Phlaan we know today. The first strike on Phlaan was by ship countless Orc ship road towards our town they outnumbered the Keep 5 to 1. The orcs that sailed towards the dock were hailed with arrows from the keep the orcs only way was to take the keep. The men were swarmed and had little time before they would be overrun until Lux made a last minute decision he gathered the mages of the keep to cast one last spell forming a "barrier" this spell was that of necromancy something the warden never wished to be used but was in there last hour before they were slaughtered. This spell caused those of the fallen to rise and protect the keep for all eternity which eventually drove away th Orcs as the specter and undead could not be defeated at least not permanently that spell still lasts even if it's effects have slowly died down the keep is unsafe and is now owned by the dead soldiers lifeless body's. They must be put to rest so that there souls may sleep for all eternity. The man stops his tragic story and grows a very sad look and almost looks as if he was to well up in tears. "Lux was my father and deserves burial rights if..if you see his...ghost please speak my name he will understand." He speaks no more but looks ofilly stressed and saddened. "I must be off.." He says at last before running off. His name was Samos.


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Alright. Anything else? I guess we just wait for the other two. Maybe they learned something. Then, get a room for the night, and set out in the morning?


Male Half- Elf Paladin 1

Sense Motive1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Vaniel listens intently to the priest. A compassionate and serene expression crosses the face of the paladin. A story much like his own, parents taken by monsters. He says nothing to the priest as he heads off for fear of causing more distress. When he is alone, Vaniel walks up to the center and stops right before the main alter and he takes a knee and whispera vow By my word, I shall but to rest Lux's spirit and his mens as well by the request of brother Samos. They have done thier part. Now its our turn to do ours . This I swear that done Vaniel makes his way back out to meet with Blythe.

Once he catches up to the woman and they begin thier walk back Vaniel tells her "That was a most informative. When we get regroup with the others I will further explain." Vaniel takes a long pause before speaking again "I feel I must apologize for not speaking earlier on the walk here. My mind was preoccupied and this would be my first time traveling with others on my own. How bout yourself?" Vaniel asks making small talk


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

"Really? I wanted to tell you to shut up. Way too chatty for me." she smiles at Vaniel. "Thanks...for letting me come."


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

Blythe and Vaniel arrive at the Laughing Goblin.


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I saw as the two other people arrived.

Hello again. How was the temple? We've got a bit of news ourselves.

I informed them briefly of what we've learned.


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

Krokolam looks up from his ale, grinning. "Indeed, how was it." He says, sounding a bit tipsy.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

"You do realize this little proposed escapade will involve getting back on a boat, don't you?" laughs Melismar.


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

"Good. The food here is awful, and I'm too lazy to stick a finger down my throat." Blythe chuckles. "If we have everything we need, let's go."


Male Gnome Cavalier 1

"I'm not finished my ale." Complains Krokolam. "Let me finish my ales, then we'll go."


HP 15/29 | DEFENSE 18; Defense 16 until I drop an opponent; FF 13; Tch 17; DR 1/armor; Perception +8; Init +5; FRW 2/9/3

Blythe smiles at Kro. "As long as you order me one."

101 to 150 of 587 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pool Of Radiance Ruins of Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.