Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pool of Radiance

Game Master Tarloc Doom

An ancient evil has erupted in the far reaches of the Moonsea the town of Phlan has fallen it is up to Foreign adventures to decide the fate of all of the Moonsea...


501 to 550 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

So Melismar, you're saying you're doing Inspire Courage? That gives a +1 to attack and damage for all of us, awesome! But really helps if you Post that info as well with your post, especially for those who may not now.

Once it becomes clear that the humanoids are actually undead, and thinking they perhaps surround a victim, with Melismar's rousing performance boosting his courage and ability Lomar shouts "Away from them, fiends!!" following up his words with a deadly blast of fire & magic at one of the zombies
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Magic and Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + (3) + 1 = 11


Male Human

melismar strips off his over coat, pulls out his new mace, and starts crooning a blaze igniting ballad as he readies himself and the party for combat.

lomar pulls up short, and with his adrenaline jumping from the bards ballad unleashes a blast of eldritch fire from his fingertips. the zombie nearest him is burnt to ashes from the attack.


Male Human

initiative as follows

muddy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
oropher 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
firesnap 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
sylavel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
lomar 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
mel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

skeleton 1 1hp 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
skeleton 2 1hp 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
skeleton 3 1hp 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human

The lead skeleton makes a deadly rush towards lomar with a scimitar held high. 1d20 ⇒ 3; 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human

the undead monster takes a wild two handed swing with its blade. the attack misses the mark wide.

pretty much everyone will get an attack on these three before the last two even have a chance to react. with such pathetic init rolls


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

Melismar indeeds readies his new mace, but concentrates on trying to take out any skeletons that come near him -- the zombies might be a bit too squishy for his nice new mace, and he didn't fancy trying to wipe any slime off -- bones were so much cleaner.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human

summoned dog init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 whoops


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

More skeletons, great. Thankfully the wizard was living up to his somewhat inflated self-image.

I went and stepped up to the skeleton facing Lomar before trying to take it down.

Attacks:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human

oropher rushes to take a position between lomar and the few remaining skeletons. he steps up and unleashes a deadly blow at the nearest skeleton, severing the top half of the beast and leaving it in a pile of old bones.

that leaves two left 1hp each

and as oro says "Thankfully the wizard was living up to his somewhat inflated self-image" lomar is letting his magic do the talking it seems


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

I believe Oro's comment was in his head Tarloc, usually out loud speech is bold or "in quotations", otherwise, Lomar would almost certainly have had something to say ; ) Who's up?


Male Human

anyone who is able should make an attack. the skellies initiative was really really low. so if anyone is able to, take them out.

and lomar your init was 18 I believe so if you want to attack, have at it.


Male Human Summoner 1

Sylavel sets his hound upon one of the skeletons, while firing a crossbow bolt at another.

Dice & Actions:

Dog's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Dog's Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Dog's Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sylavel's Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sylavel's Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human Fighter

Ho,travelers! I comes to warn ye. Just wanderin the docks lookin fer work,when I seen some ugly lookin creatures the otherside of the river.Look to be goblins.But one of em lookin to be awful big fer a goblin. Seen em a lil while after I seen you all headed fer the keep.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Lomar looks over sharply and with some surprise and concern at the sudden appearance of the newcomer, but for the moment, he's most concerned with the undead threat in front of him and he again blasts away.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Magic and Fire damage: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 1 = 6


Male Human

Lomar unleashes another blast of fire upon one of the witless undead creatures incinerating it to ash.

the lone remaining skeleton, continues its advance.

1 skeleton left 1 hp.

snap, syl, or muddy would be next up if they are still with us. or norin, surprised by the unexpected combat taking place during his arrival, could strike a blow for the cause


Male Human Fighter

By tthe way,they be carryin somethin. Lookin to me they might be boats,maybe.


Male Human Fighter

Yo,and they were headin fer the shore.


male human barbarian

With rapid movements Muddy approaches the skeletons wary of the new person that have come to gave them aid. He hoped that it will not end up like the wizard or even worse a skeleton he would have to face later. With both of his arm quenching the hilt of the flail the barbarian charged the remaining skeleton.

attack:

attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Sorry I was away for a few days
Seeing on 1 skeleton remaining, FireSnap will try and firebolt it to end the battle
Range Touch:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage:1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human

muddy advances on the lone skeleton with his heavy flail ready. he takes a swing at the monster but the creature skips away from the blow.

but firesnap takes a better aimed shot with his conjoured fire bolt. and blasts the skeleton to the reed-crusted ground. where the flames continue to burn from the attack.

the party finishes the combat easily. the mist has visibly cleared up slightly, visibility extends about 45 ft at this point.

the party stands near the SE corner of the keep. there is a strong looking wooden door directly east of the party members in the rear (mel and syl).

and on the south wall of the keep, there is another door visible about 25 ft west of where the east and south walls meet (25 ft west of the south-east corner).

this door appears to be of lighter color than the other doors you have encountered. it has a light brown or gold shade to it.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

"Well done fellows! Well done! Why, at this rate we shall have Old Phaln cleared out before noon!" his grin wide and infectious..or not.

Keeping an eye on the stranger, Lomar moves over to see what the undead had been looking at. While doing this he says to the newcomer "Well met friend, I am Lomar, leader of this illustrious party of the finest adventurers Phlan has ever seen. Has our fame spread so quickly already that you have sought us out? But no matter, you had more important things to say I gather? What's this now about goblins and boats?"


Male Human

Lomar does a quick search of the area where the creatures were searching.

he finds a weater worn satchel lying in the dust near the south wall. It looks like the type that a messenger would wear over the shoulder with a long strap.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

He carefully picks it up, first cleaning any... unpleasentness off of it with his cantrip, and checks it out and opens it, reading anything it may contain


Male Human Fighter

Aye,goblins fer sure.And one lookin to be awful large.Carrin' boats toward the shore.And no,I aint heard of ye as yet.Might you be needin another axe?


Male Human

lomar opens up the satchel slowly. inside are a few pages of parchment and vellum. as lomar carefully tries to remove them, all but two crumble to dust, a yellowish piece of vellum with weather worn writing, and a faded parchment with the words; lux, shestnik, samosud. printed in bold letters.

the vellum:

"the hordes came again last night. the monsters. their coordination was frightening. under the cover of darkness, goblins and kobolds pushed bundles of sticks to within bow range.

these bundles formed a wall that protected the small ones from our archers. once the wall was erected , orc archers took up safe positions there and began pelting the castle walls with arrows.

we tried shooting flaming arrows at the wall of sticks to set it afire. monsters are normally afraid of fire. but these monsters showed no fear. they simply scooped dirt on the flames to put them out.

before all the fires were out they had resumed firing at us. surely, some unnatural force must have been at work to weld these quarrelsome beasts into an organized fighting force.

i do not know if we can combat the monsters onslaught much longer. we lost twelve more men last night. the monsters seem to have an ulimited number of reinforcements.

the last priest of tyr, ferran martinez, says he has a way to protect the keep, but he says that its so terrible that it may only be used as a last resort.

unless we receive reinforcements, ferran martinez is are only hope."


Male Human

the zombie that the summoned dog took down, upon searching, is found to be holding two shiny silver vials in one of its hands.

dc16 spellcraft check:
you remove the stopper from one of the vials. a sweet scent fills your senses. you immediately recognize this as a potion of healing of some sort

the other creatures when searched are just skin and bones. and one of the skeletons is still aflame.


male human barbarian

Muddy suspectedly looked over Lomar's shoulder at the vellum hoping to get a glimpse of the text inside before the wizard would try to "explain" it's meaning to him. "Well whatever this this Martinez guy did it didn't work, there are monsters everywhere around here. " He then looked at the newcomer: "Well I am happy for every bit of help we can get. Maybe now we can clean this place quicker and get out of here, it reminds me too much of home. "


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

"Hmmm, yes, or maybe it worked too well..." muses the young lord. If no one else wishes to read the notes, he carefully puts them away for future referral and turns his magic sight to the two potions "Hmmm, yes, definitely magical these, I'd say. I'd need a bit more time of course to figure them out but that shouldn't be a problem at all."

Sense Motive DC9:

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Lomar is not lying about the potions being magical, but he has no idea what they are and is not sure how to figure it out, either.

Again, unless someone asks to see them, he puts them away and turns to the newcomer. After looking the man up and down a bit he says casually "Well, you look capable enough with that weapon of yours, so, yes, I agree with Muddy, please do join us. And, now that that is taken care of, I suppose you'd best lead us to these Goblins of yours. So, lead on!" as he gestures for Norrin to do so.

As they move off, he adds somewhat sarcastically "I take it that wherever you come from, they do indeed use names? For where I hail, it's considered somewhat rude not to offer yours once someone has offered you theirs, hmmm?"


female human preist

"Norrin Norrin I'm glad I found You!!!!!! Oh,are these the people we are going to warn? Oh, sorry my name is Silaquay I'm a preist of Selune."
"The Goblins we saw are definetly on the way here. as I was running up to the keep they had just started destroying all of our boats. theres at least 20 of them, and they look like they are upset about something!"

I really hope they believe me I don't want these guys killing me


Male Human Fighter

Silaquay! I wundered if ye were still breathin. Aye,this be them alright. And now that I'm knowin yer okay,I'm thinkin them goblins might of gotten afront o'me. Let's get movin folks!And be keepin yer wits about ye, and a sharp eye open. [slinding my axe behind me,I swing my crossbow around and load it.]


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

FireSnap will ask loamar if he can look at the vials and see if he can identify what they are
Detect Magic
SpellCraft:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Then Looks at new comers and say "Greetings..."


Male Human

firesnap:
judging by the smell, color, and vial that the potion is stored in. you determine that these are potions of cure light wounds


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

In case you didn't realize it these are potions of cure light wounds....but I'm sure someone of you magnificence knew that already. FireSnap smiles at Lomar


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Lomar hands the vials to Firesnap with a nod. But when the Cleric then challenges his magical knowledge and skills he puffs up and says haughitly
"What? Are you mad sir? Of course I knew what they were! I was merely wanting to study them in greater depth to make sure they were still safe for consumption after all this time."

Sense Motive DC21:

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

He's completely lying, he had no idea what they were

When the new female arrives Lomar does his best to hide his distaste at the rather, unfortunate looking woman. It was not that she was hideous or anything, but she was certainly not someone anyone would bother looking twice at. Nevertheless, manners and propriety must be observed. Putting on his neutral expression he says "Well met my lady. I am Lomar, leader of this august group of New Phlan's Premier Adventures. We shall be glad to have you help route evil at our side. Now then, if there are not interruptions" sparing another annoyed glance at Firesnap "Let us be off to dispatch those goblins! Forward Norrin! (That is your name I take it?)" he adds as an aside.

With a final annoyed sniff at the Gnome the young noble follows the


female human preist

"Nice to meet you uhhh... oh yeah Lomar.""and thanks for letting me join,lets head out now were wasting daylight." Silaquay says with eagerness and then follows the group.


Male Human Fighter

Pardon Lomar,sometimes me forgets me manners. Aye,the name is Noran. Good meet to all.


Male Human

adding norin in near the front lines of the party and siloquay near the spell casters in the middle, the party marches quietly back to the entrance to the keep.

with the mist partially cleared up you can see the passage where the mighty gates once stood.

you also are hearing loud voices coming from outside of the keep.

speak goblin:
from a few different smaller voices coming from over the keep wall:"over here, over here"......"thats not them, those bushes"......."klunk find bones". Then, in a much louder voice using the same tongue "form up you dummies!!! theyre not going to be outside the keep. get ready to march on the gate over there"

the lead members of the party are about 15 ft away from the front gate at this point. nothing is visible currently outside or inside of the compound.

this link should be to wareagles map of the keep

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnnYofV3HS0jdEVYOWZSUHA2MXczUT Z6Ql9XVkFKaHc#gid=0


female human preist

Silaquay tries to sneak and see exactly where they are [dice] 1d20 [dice]


Male Human

1d20 ⇒ 18 hide check for silaquay

1d20 ⇒ 15 spot check for.....someone


Male Human

silaquay edges up to the side of the exit, carefully peaking around the corner, she see's that the goblins have already started marching towards the gates.

right now they are approx 65 ft away and closing. they are marching in two "column" formations.

close silaquay, for the last "dice" roller do it like this [/dice]


female human preist

Silaquay proceeds......


female human preist

Silaquay proceeds back to the group and tells them that the goblins are approaching in two column formations


Male Human Fighter

Noran chuckles, says tothe group,'crossfire?'


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Our new CLERIC is now acting as the 'sneaky party scout'?? Now That's a first! Has the whole world gone Mad?? Next Barbarian's will be casting spells and rogues will be turning undead?? Anarchy!! lol, good job though! Especially with No stealth mod whatsoever ; P (although technically I believe you both forgot to include the -3 ACP (Armor Check Penalty) to Stealth that a MW Breastplate gives(you need to change that on your sheet Silaquay from the -4 that you have) Anyhoo.

And for you newbies, if you click the little box below your posting window that says "How to format your text" it will show you how to do all kinds of neat little things, like including links to great, funny comics in your posts. Finally, Tarloc, are the Keep Gates open, or closed?


Male Human

the gates are down. on the parties first visit in, they somehow brought the doors down. i remember reading that, because i was not the dm at that time. oh yeah, forgot about the armor check penalty. i just rerolled what he had tried to roll. we get it in there next time


female human preist

"I have an idea how to kill the goblins,why don`t we ambush the goblin formations by dividing the same amount of people on each side,then when they proceed forward into the keep we AMBUSH THEM!" By the goddess of Selune we shall destroy the goblins!"


Male Human Fighter

Noran moves up to the side of the entrance looking for something to take up a good line of fire behind.


Male Human

noran makes a move towards the wall of the keep next to the open entryway. with his cross bow at the ready he waits for the enemies approach.

you can hear the creatures tromping through the reeds and brush. some conversation from the monsters can be heard until a louder voice barks a command and they fall silent and continue to march.

from the sound of the mob, they may be 10-15ft from the entrance now.


Male Human Fighter

Thinking that the loudest voice must be that big thing he saw earlier,Noran readies himself and fires three bolts at the largest goblin./dice 1d20+5


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Sorry,how are doing that, firing three bolts Noran?

501 to 550 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pool Of Radiance Ruins of Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.