Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pool of Radiance

Game Master Tarloc Doom

An ancient evil has erupted in the far reaches of the Moonsea the town of Phlan has fallen it is up to Foreign adventures to decide the fate of all of the Moonsea...


451 to 500 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Firesnap will channel healing
Sorry missed the damage


Male Human

All right. lomar and muddy but have taken actions.

One of the two skeletons engaged with muddy swings his sword in a lazy arc -6- He misses Muddy badly.

Oropher immediately goes back on the offensive with a backhand slash of his sword that carves a huge wound in the zombies chest. zombie hp5

The fiendish hound makes another lunge at the zombie attacking it. It latches on near the neck and starts rending the zombies dead flesh. The weight of the Dog takes the zombie to the ground. zombie 2hp prone

im assuming sylavel is shooting at the last zombie near him, that one rushed past muddy and the two skeletons along with another zombie in the initial round. those two attacked snap and sylavel

sylavel fires his crossbow into the zombie nearest him. the power of the crossbow this close, launches the bolt clean through doing little damage. zombie now at 4hp

the last of the two remaining skeletons takes a two handed swing with his crusted scimitar at muddy's head -15- he twist his body out of the way to avoid the attack.

my dice are better

firesnap holds his holy symbol high, a bright flash accompanies the action. The two skeletons surrounding muddy crumble to ash. and the zombie that was taken down by the riding dog goes into a smoking convulsions before lying still at the dogs feet.

The last zombie (having no idea of its impending doom) makes one more attempt at its tormentor firesnap. it rears up both its fist and tries to smash him down -11+4=15- but at the last moment firesnap leaps back and avoids the crushing blow.

ooo that was a 6+4=10 dmg shot too

I believe that is the end of the round


Male Human

snap can heal next round?


Male Human

start from the top lomar then muddy as last round. zombies are slow so this one will attack last, if he makes it that long.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Still Alive?
FireSnap takes a 5 ft step back and Channels heal
Channel heal1d6 ⇒ 1
sigh Brigh is a fickle god it seems


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

Just posting preemptively. I have to travel tomorrow, so wont be online. If not needed, disregard.
Finally. A decent hit. But Fire didnt look so good. I took a step towards whatever was left threatening us, and tried again with my sword.

Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Cant find the link for the map. Not sure where people/things are, so if Oro can manage to get a flank, that'd be super. ;) Nevermind, doesnt matter.


Male Human

since oro posted the first hit

oro waves off the rest of the party and in a flourish, neatly decapitates the remaining zombie


Male Human

firesnap channels energy into healing. maybe the power of the keep is interfering for the attempt produced little result -1hp-. muddy 11hp firesnap 5hp.


Male Human

through the lessening mist, you can see the outline of a doorway about 25ft ahead of the party.

assuming the party is still in the marching order presented earlier.

muddy oropher
lomar firesnap
mel sylavel

?


Male Human

If neccesary i will post for oro while he is away. I only play fighters when i participate in a game. and ill use this hated dice roller for him.

and for reference, most of the creatures ill use will be straight from the pathfinder reference document.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Exuberant in their first victory, Lomar extols "!Excellent men! See! This is how things shall fare under my benevolent leadership! Onward! Let us investigate the doorway yonder!"

And hey, why are you all so quiet now? What happened to all that most excellent RPing you were all doing at the beginning of the game that attracted me to it so much. That's the best part! : )


Male Human

someone get me a perception check please. or all of you.


Male Human Summoner 1

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Male Human

next

that was weak. dang dice roller


Male Human

oro 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

FireSnap looks around
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Looks at Lomar Your Benevolent leadership? Me thinks you need your ankle Nibbled on. Or did something hit you in the head let me look maybe I can help with that...


Male Human

Spoiler:
as firesnap firesback at lomar, he notices a small rolled piece of what looks like parchment in one of the zombies hand.

anyone else that gets at least a 14 perception check read spoiler.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Lomar looks back at Firesnap, thinking 'Nibbled on? My what a strange one, this little Gnome, but ah, well, one works with the tools one hs at hand sometimes' out loud he says "Ah, no, my ankle, and my head, are fine thank you. But please do see to your own wounds! And as for my leadership, why yes, what I say it true. Did I not lead us here? And have we not spectacularly triumphed in our first encounter? If you stick with me small one, I shall lead you on-wards to big adventure!" his smile and powerful charm hard to resist, despite the arrogant assumption of his words and manner.

As he turns away from Firesnap something catches the young noble's eye "Ho now, what's this?" and he bends down to pick up a piece of parchment from a zombie's decayed hand. Before reading the note, and feeling somewhat chagrined for not thinking of it earlier he says "Oh yes, let's search these bodies shall we?" and begins doing so himself, being very careful to not touch and keep clean of course, using his magic to lift rags and turns bodies where necessary.


Male Human

lomar carefully unrolls the crusted and weather beaten parchment, he can make out a few letters:

L X

SH ST IK

Time has eroded any other writing.

The party hastily searches the rest of the monsters, A pair of rusted scimitars from the skeletons is all that remains.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Allowing the others to see the parchment and figuring it might make more sense later, with more additional information Lomar tucks the scrap away then rays "Right, on we go" to the pair at the head of the group while he gestures to the doorway up ahead.


Male Human

The two fighters slowly advance towards the outline of the doorway with the rest of the party following carefully behind. as you near, you start to make out the shape of the keep also. The building is attached to the side of the wall, and appears to run the length. you cant tell for sure though because the view is swallowed by the fog.

you can see another dark outline at the limit of your vision. say 30 ft farther south.

The door directly in front of the party is partially decayed at about shoulder level (top part of door is gone). Doesnt look like much is
holding it up at this point either.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Using one of his most basic but useful spells, Lomar exerts magical force on the door from a distance,seeing if it is enough to knock the rotted door over

(Presdigitation, 5lbs force-i think?? Am on my phone atm)


Male Human

The weatherbeaten door gives way under the light force and falls into the room. it hits the ground in a puff of dust.

im assuming party stopped 5 to 10ft away from the entrance before the spell was cast

there is no lighting inside the structure so nothing is currently visible from where you are at now. standard doorway about 5ft wide.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Smiling slightly at his impressive use of magic, 'Lomar the Great', as he is now beginning to style himself in his mind, decides to 'wow' the peasants even more. Rolling up his sleeves and with great flourish he proceeds to conjure four dancing balls of light and then uses a second cantrip to cause the lights to move forward into the room along with sound of four humans walking lightly.

He turns to face the others with a smug smile of 'See? Did you See that? Good eh??'


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

I knew I was coming back here BEFORE I met you, while granted We were successful this time, I don't think YOUR leadership had anything to do with it...so be careful of the slimes around here we already lost one person to them. as he ponders the letters on the paper.
Cast Cure light wounds on himself
Cure Light1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I took a look at the paper, and the first word made sense. Lux. the guy who was in charge if this place. Back before it got overrun. We ran into his son, a priest of some such. Samos was his name. Don't know the second bit.

Fire was right about the slimes. The slimes gave us a lot of trouble, true. But maybe with a great wizard, we can overcome them I couldn't help but smirk. Time to move on, I guess.

I moved to the door and tried to peer inside and see what was there.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Still travelling. thanks for rolling for me until I get back. I appreciate it.


male human barbarian

Muddy looked disgusted at the floor where the remains of the slime were. He lowered his head in respect for his fallen comrade then continued with the others.

Something seamed familiar about the message, but the barbarian didn't pay too much attention to the cryptic message, there were other people in the party much more capable at solving such tasks; and although incredible tempted to say something to Lomar he gritted his teeth and got satisfied with a smile at Oropher's comment. I don't suppose there's something alive here, at least not anymore.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human

As the light spell moves through the door, muddy and oro are fast behind with weapons at the ready.

they peer inside and glimpse what remains of a large storage area. there are a few rotted sacks of old grain at the far side of the room, and a few smashed and molding boxes against the wall to the right.

the floor is also layered in dust. it doesnt appear that anyone has been in this room for many years.

as for the parchment. see post 220 also


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

He is kind of pompous but oro is right having a wizard could come in handy...tho one bite to the ankle could take him down a peg...heheh
FireSnap thinks to himself


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

'Well, at least the Elf appreciates my talents' thinks the young noble to himself, completely missing the sarcasm in Oro's comment. 'But why does that rude Gnome keep staring at my ankles?' he also wonders somewhat nervously, unconsciously taking a couple steps away from the strange little humanoid.

As the warriors search the storage room, Lomar idly considerd what the words on the note might mean
Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 ⇒ 16
Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Tarloc, do muddy and Oropher's perception rolls count for the storage or do they have to roll again?


Male Half-Elven Bard 1
Lomar Sildrake wrote:
The weatherbeaten door gives way under the light force and falls into the room. it hits the ground in a puff of dust.

"Oh my, are you worried about getting splinters in your delicate little prestidigitating fingers? You could just have pushed it, you know..."


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Lormar arches an eyebrow at the half-elf as he considers him for a moment. Finally he replies "From your bearing and diction one would assume you to have noble bearing or at least education. But perhaps you are trying to convince me otherwise? Why would one sully oneself unnecessarily? Besides, there could have been anything hiding behind that door, by opening it from a distance I help keep us safe. Simply logical, no?" ending with a touchy sniff.


Male Human

i used the perception check for both instances. the check for enemies on the way in and the quick search of the room.

the two fighters rummage through the boxes with their weapons, but turn up nothing. they overturn the large burlap bags but also find nothing of value

looks like an empty old storage room.

theres the RPing we were looking for. and glad you could make it mel


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Yes, agreed! I am a happy camper now : )


Male Human

and the knowledge checks on the parchment didnt pan out for lomar either.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

Mel speaks to Lomar, though his tone is one of banter, not intentional offence. "I have no desire to convince you of anything, particularly. I've also very little objection to you going through doors first, if that is your wish. So far as I'm concerned, you may open them howsoever takes your fancy. You'd also be very welcome to find out what's hiding behind them, and report back in whichever fashion seemed good to you at the time -- screaming included. And as for sullying, there we shall have to differ. Sometimes I, myself, fancy nothing more than a good sully. Even on those occasions where one does have to do it oneself... which is nearly always unnecessarily, incidentally, seeing as what I am such a handsome fellow."


Male Human

plan of action from here?
there was the door just visible to the south of the room you are in now. and before the mist developed there were two other doors visible in the courtyard.
every thing else is concealed behind the building in the center. the one the party had already cleared on there last visit in.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Assuming the Southern door is closer?

Lomar responds to Melismar with a snooty "Hmph!" and another of the seemingly inexhaustible supplies of arched eyebrows, but the half-elf thinks he may have caught the hint of a smile on the corner of the young noble's mouth before he turned away.

"Well, there's nothing here, let's move on to that Southern doorway over there" he 'commands', waiting for the front rank to begin moving before he follows.


Male Human

The door south of your position is definately the closest possibility. from your position now, it looks similar in size to the door that WAS in front of you.

as the party makes its way slowly southward following the line of the wall. a scream erupts from in front of you somewhere, along with that strange rattling sound heard earlier.

a low moaning follows the scream from apparently everywhere.


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

"Oh great," mutters Mel. "Looks like we've upset another resident. Perhaps they didn't like you knocking their front door down, Master Lomar..."

On this occasion, Mel hopes he is a little better prepared to meet any deceased denizens, and hefts Kerthonk repeatedly in his hands in anticipation, though he also tries to ensure he's between the fighting flanks of the party -- he certainly doesn't want to be in the vanguard.


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

"A citizen in peril! Forward men! Forward!" as Lomar begins hurrying forward, assuming the others are with him. In the heat of approaching battle it seems he has, unfortunately, missed Melismar's last stinging remark.


Male Human Summoner 1

"At least I didn't pay for the comedy show...," Sylavel mutters to himself, following Lomar, but a safe distance back.


Male Elf Fighter - Level 1

I remembered the priest's words, thinking maybe this was his father. Hold on, guys. We dont know what this is, or even if its still alive.

Well, since they were rushing ahead, I went on, trying to keep pace with the headstrong wizard.


Male Human

i would guess the party is advancing pretty much in the marching order you had earlier. with the exception of lomar in the lead for now.

the rattling noise gets louder and lomar is able to make out shapes in the distant mist. you are also right next to the door that was visible, which means you have covered about 35-40ft

a group of 5 humanoids are milling around in an area about 30 ft ahead at the edge of your vision. they are methodically walking with their heads pointed down as if looking for something on the ground.

the rattling noise is coming from that area also.

they dont seem to see you yet. perception check -1-


Make Human 1/ Warlock (Hidden as Wizard)

Is it clear that that is where the scream came from? And do we need any perception checks or anything to tell what the humanoids are?

Only slowing slightly, Lomar continues forward, eager to be the rescuing hero, but not very eager to be a dead one.


Male Human

the scream came from their direction for sure

as you move closer you can tell that there are 2 zombies and 3 skeletons in the group ahead. they still seem to be clueless to the parties presence.

as you approach approx 15 ft away, they all look up at once. and they stand there ominously staring at the party.


M Gnome 1 Cleric Of Brigh

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Initiative(Assuming will will need 1)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Seeing they are So close Brigh Burn these Foul spawn send them back to the darkness from which they came
Channel Hurt Undead1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Summoner 1

"Blasted creatures! If I have to summon every hound that lies in the pits of Hell itself, I will scour them from this keep!" Sylavel summons another of the Devil-spawned dogs and brings it to bear against the creatures.

Fiendish Riding Dog:

Dog, Riding (Fiendish, Augmented Summon)
This burly dog is fitted with a small saddle. A low, menacing growl rumbles up from its chest.
Riding Dog CR 1
N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, darkvision 60', scent; Perception +8
Defense
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 19 (2d8+10)
Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
SR 6, Resist Cold and Fire 5
Offense
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+6 plus trip)
Smite Good 1/day
Statistics
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Special Qualities
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent

Dice:

Dog's attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Dog's Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Extra Crit Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Dog's trip attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Human

upon seeing the undead creatures firesnap channels the power of brigh, the light in the area momentarily brightens and they shrink back from the power of the symbol.

skeleton 1 hp
skeleton 1 hp
skeleton 1 hp
zombie 9hp
zombie 9hp

this next part happens to an enemy of sylavels choosing

growling in a rage the summoned fiend jumps up and grabs an enemy by the throat and starts thrashing back and forth until the head of the creature comes completely off its body. the yellow light in its sockets extinguished for good.

the hound howls in a fury and readies for its next attack


Male Half-Elven Bard 1

As the group march once more to engage with the undead, Mel begins a rousing, beat-boxesque underscore to the encounter, hoping to inspire his companions to greater feats of heroism.

451 to 500 of 587 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Pool Of Radiance Ruins of Adventure All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.