Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


301 to 350 of 2,375 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herbert decides to do something... even if it's wrong.

He walks around the outside of the circle surounding the fight until he stands at Plugg's back.
Presuming that Plugg is watching the fight.

Herbert makes his way toward the First Mate, mustering all his stealth.
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

...uhhhhgg

The crowd is too dense and Herbert's movement is anything but unnoticed.

"Sorry, Sorry," he halfheartedly mutters to no one and everyone.

His current spot is fine. He listens for anything useful coming from Plugg's camp. Unless he's been asked/told to leave.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

I want to try to throw my voice next turn. Bust out some insults.


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening - Fightin' th' Owlbear

As Owlbear throws his heavy punch, Sunny manages to get in a quick and effective jab before being knocked about by the big man's fist. You all cheer on Sunny, effectively tauning and distracting the Owlbear, distorienting him enough that he stumbles into a blow that would otherwise be a complete miss. The blow connects solidly on his jaw and reels back from it.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

However, he quickly recovers from the blow.

Herbert:
You sneak around the side of the group. One of the pirates, a thin waif of a woman turns to see you coming around the side. "Piss off, lubber. You ain't welcome over here. Go back to yer lil' group o' sucklin' babes afore I cut yer throat." She grins madly, with a gleam of hate in her eyes.

However, while being threatened to manage to see Plugg surreptiously pass a club to Jape in front of him and whisper something in the pirate's ear.

A club is suddenly thrown into the ring from the otherside. "There you go, Owlbear!" you all hear someone shout. "Beat her to a pulp with that!" The big man looks confused for a second, before saying without much comprehension, "Okay." He bends down to pick up the club.

Another AoO for you Sunny.

And when he rights himself, he takes a swing at Sunny.

Owlbear's Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 vs Acrobatics 22 Miss

Players' go.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

go Sunny do not give up! You can kick his arse! Owlmouse more like it!

bluff check for -2 attack for owlbear
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

I move around towards Sandra and ask whom the ships doc is again as well as cheer Sunny on. I have her point him out to me


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro looks on at the turn of events, just when they had a chance those cheating rats.

"Your not fighting fair should we do the same?"

He keeps the pressure on the big man while still reading him at the same time.

Intimidate (+2 atk)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Sense Motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny musters her courage and power,

"Sonic-FOOM!" (And the above result for her 'Stunning fist' is noted) And she seems a little disappointed when Owlbear does nothing more than shake his head and smile.

As the club lands between them and Owlbear bends down to retrieves it under some one's orders, Sunny tilts her head and shrugs her shoulders as she settles into a more defensive fighting stance. Then, just as quickly, thrusts a lighting heel kick into Owlbear's unprepared posture.

AoO:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 (How many +2's do the party give Sunny to her attack. I think I'm at +4. With this 'Dice Roller', she's gone'a need it :P)

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Round 5?

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Sunny at least wants to get the first hit in on the next 'round'.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Stay out of the rigging," Herbert mutters to the malnourished women, "You'll blow away."

Halfway back to the relative safety of his friends Herbert starts in:
I'm not sure which to use when your messing with someones head.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Bluff:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Owlbear's momma was a battle wagon!


Shade Psion 18

@Sunny: The bonuses to attack apply to your next attack roll. As you used the bonuses on the standard action attack last round, none will apply to your AoO, which will sadly miss. Nice damage roll, too. :( The dicussion posts are correct. There is no need to reroll initiative. Go ahead and post your action for the round.

@Herbert: Normally it is intimidate, but in this instance it's a skill that would feasibly apply, so Bluff is good. I'll take that roll into account.

Aoro:
You get the feeling that Owlbear is playing along with all of this. He seems to be really heavily affected by the crowd, both the positive and negative attention. There's something really basic, almost childlike about how he must think.

Waiting on Alestone and Duo.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

With her 'special' attack spent and her adversary now swinging a length of hard wood at her head, Sunny does her best to finish her mountainous foe.

Full round action, Flurry of blows:

Att1:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11(Plus what ever bonuses very one is giving her)

Att2:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12(Plus what ever bonuses very one is giving her)

Dam1:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dam2:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Rrrraaaaaaagh!" She exclaims as she goes all 'natural fury' on Owlbear's @rse.

Still subdual, though...And maybe 'Acrobatics' to get out of the way of his return strike. :P

Man, I wish I'd get just one or two good rolls. :(


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

+2 AC for sunny by looking mean: 1d20 ⇒ 1
stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Scilently as he can Duo takes 5 of sunny's damage healing her for 5. Then attempts to heal himself. clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Intimidate for +2 to hit 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

"Ya big oaf, give up now 'fore she's forced ta use 'er fingers o' death"


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

...and he's named after his father! Now that's a mental image!

Intimidate:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Bluff:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Herbert continues to hurl insults as he makes his way back to the rest of his friends. He likes the elf, she's a bit...um, free-spirited,and maybe a good shot to the head would've been a nice interaction with the real world, but she definitely doesn't deserve to be reduced to brains on the end of this brute's beating stick.


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening - Fightin' th' Owlbear

Although Owlbear manages to shift out of the way of the opportunistic punch thrown by Sunny, his wild swing with the club leaves him wide open and Sunny scores a couple of direct hits on the big man.

He starts to blubber, thick tears welling up in his eyes and slowly beginning to roll down his cheeks. "I no wanna fight no more... It hurts... You're MEAN!" He practically shouts the last word, as if it holds great weight. Owlbear begins to back away from Sunny, putting up his arms defensively.

The crowd on begins to boo loudly. "Wuss! Lubber! Coward!" They shout and as Owlbear nears the edge, the group of pirates on that side shove him back into the center of the ring. After he stumbles forward, the big man simply looks down at Sunny, fear and sadness and pain all mixed into his face as tears continue to roll down his cheeks.

Player's turn.

Edited for DM forgetfulness.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny sees Owlbear's reaction and also backs away from the man, her face beginning to mirror his anguish. She throws her arms wide and offers the big fellow a hug.

So, yeah. If Owlbear wants the fight t'be over, t'is over.

Sunny steps forwards and offers a conciliatory hug to Owlbear.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro thought it best to clean things up. He personally had nothing against the big simple man, he found him rather likable.

"Well its pretty plain the fights over and Sunny is the winner. Owlbear tried but failed, no shame in it and this is no death match. Honor your bets people or we may have an encore."

He keeps an eye out for the gnome, he was not about to forgt his bet. Patting the big man on the shoulder on his way to collect the purse and his own personal winnings.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Seeing the fight be over, Duo stands up and gently heals Owlbear. using his free hand Duo will let Owlbear know Duo can't hear but, wants to be friends with Mr. Owlbear.

Then he will heal Sunny for the rest of the hit points she may be missing.

i have 3 clw and 5 channel pos energy to use if needed. Do you want rolls?


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Suny continues to hug and snuggle against Owlbear, though she gives Duo a large friendly smile to show she appreciates his gift. (^_^)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I am going to go up to Owlbear and Sunny and Clasp Owlbears shoulder and say "Good Job Owlbear, that was a heck of a fight, you did a great job." Looking at Sunny giving her a giant smile and a slightly glances down at her... then looks backup at her and *winks at her* mouths the words 'GOOD JOB' to her


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

"Yarrrrr!"


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

With a last squeeze, Sunny skips away from Owlbear and of towards her gathered friends.

"Aye an' sorry I be fer puttin' up such a poor show." She gives Owlbear a wink over one shoulder.

"I dun't know what it were come over me. I dun't normally take so long t' deal with a feller." And she giggles rather impishly.

"Okeys, whut's next?" She asks.

Indeed, what nefarious schemes does our Dm have afoot? (^_~)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Goes over and hugs Sunny and whispers put yer shirt on girl before ye make the rest of us have dreams....


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Looks at Lanliss innocently,

"Whut ever does ye mean?" She looks at herself, then every one else.

"All'a m'kin dress like th' way I do.." She explains.

"Why, I were jus' sayin' t' Herbert t'other day, I din't even own this much cloth till I were walkin' along th' peer back at the harbour town." She patiently explains to Lanliss, even as she tugs at the hem of his shirt,

"Ye should try it some times..." She adds with a playful giggle, then wanders off towards some one else. The tall, barefoot Mwangi lass perhaps?

Sunny is just a bundle of cute. (^_~)


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening - Fightin' th' Owlbear

Owlbear seems confused at first when Sunny throws her arms around him, but he quickly accepts the gesture and returns it. The tears stop and he begins to smile, still sniffling and snuffling. He doesn't say a word.

Mr. Plugg's face screws up in a mask of rage. "Owlbear! What in the hells are you doin'?" He throws up his hands in exasperation and the crowd goes quiet. Most of the pirates look to him. Master Scourge shifts uncomfortably behind him, obviously disliking this attention that has suddenly shifted in his direction.

"Fine, he's yours now! You'll be the ones seein' to his safety, got it?!" Mr. Plugg throws the bag of coin at Sunny's feet and storms off, Master Scourge quickly turning to follow. The pirates begin to disperse, obviously discontent with the ending of the fight.

Owlbear looks confused for a moment, before turning to Sunny. "Friend?" He points to himself and then you.

Sandara Quinn comes walking up to the group. "Well, consider me impressed. I've never seen a pirate that would end a fight as such. You all are quite the unusual bunch aboard a ship like this." She grins. "I must admit I like it, but I'd be careful. I think you all just angered Plugg quite a bit. I'd be keepin' your eyes out a bit more, as will I." She'll pull out her holy symbol and focus on it for a moment, releasing a wave of healing energy.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Owlbear gives Quinn a big hug, scooping her off the deck. "Friend!" he shouts. Quinn, quite surprised, grunts out, "Whoa! Easy there!" He sets her down and Quinn pats him on the arm. "Well, it looks like we've got another ally now."

The gnome, who you now know as Conchobhar, grumbles as he pays out the gold owed to you. He hands over 50 pieces of gold before sighing. "Good bet to place on your friend there." He grins. "I must admit though, that I never mind watching her on deck. She's quite the... beauty." He makes a motion as if he were cupping breasts.

Alright, everyone give me your evening actions plus any nighttime ones that you might take.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I go over and Spit on the face of Conchobhar

Ever do that again and you will end up in the bottom of the sea, I swear it


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Evening Action: Influence Barefoot
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Aoro takes his winnings and the prize money dividing it among the group.

"Well I think we made out well in more ways then one. Now if you dont mind I will excuse myself."

Before he can move too far away he notices Lanliss reaction. Going over he smacks Lanliss on the shoulder before things got ugly.

"Hey the fights are over, so dont go starting one over nothing. I think its been made clear she dont need no one to help her take care of herself. A man can talk as he pleases even on a pirate ship. Your in the wrong, so stop acting like a bullying scumbag, or are you more like those two then even you realize."

Diplomacy (defuse the encounter)
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Having said his peace he was leaving the whole nonsense behind. If things went south it was all the excuse the rats would need to gain back their gold in blood. He would not get involved, the captain was not going to step in for him twice nor would he expect it. From there he catches up to a tall mwangi woman.

"Good evening, did you enjoy the fight?"

Aoro makes sure to keep on the woman's good side and even speaks polyglot, her native tongue, to make her more comfortable.

Divide bag contents evenly among the six of us unless someone states otherwise to his actions. How much is in the bag? (Edited for Lanliss ninja)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I better listen to Aoro's advice there, I am not wanting to start another fight
Sense motive check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Ye be right there Aoro, I do not want to cause any more trouble tonight.

walks away from the gnome and walks over towards Gaffer
So Gaffer can you beleive that fight? That was amazing hu. Sunny and Owlbear was a great one. There is no way I could have taken him. How about you?
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
I am going to create more small talk with her to get her Helpful tonight

Second Night time action
Fatigue check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Action: Influnce: Doc
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
So Doc, how are things going on around here? You got any potions on board? If not I can make you some to help your healing out if you would like? I have the ablity to make some potions quite quickly. if ye like I can start tonight on making you some?


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

rolls:

diplomacy Gather info Sandara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
diplomacy Gather info Rosie: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
check < 14 = fatigue: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
diplomacy Gather info kroop: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
diplomacy Gather info Grok: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

After the fight Duo spends some time watching Sandara gamble and asks a small amount of questions to show interest but, not be a distraction. As his main focus tonight is asking around about all the crew members of the ship trying to fill in some gaps. As Duo asks around a thought crosses his mind, I wounder if Rosie knows anything. So after a short bit Duo slips off to find her and ask her. While hes there hell ask Rosie if she could help him learn to dance when shes free and if she knows who all is on the ship. Being deaf makes it hard... Perhaps Sunny would help him too Because, you can't dance without a partner...

After his talk with Rosie, Duo heads out to find Kroop and Grok figuring they will be together and may know who all is on this ship as far as crew goes or could help them find out. Once there hoping not to be a burden to long Duo is quick to the point in asking for help finding out who everyone is on the ship and were they may be found during the day. not sure if I need another fatigue check of that. If so just drop Grok. I'll ask her tomorrow if I do.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Evening actions Day 5:

Taking Owlbear by the hand Sunny leads the big fellow down into the crew quarters and makes sure he's well fed, given enough water and then settled in for the night. She herself enjoys whatever the meal is for the evening before again mixing her Rum with water (This time seeking Sandara to supply stuff that's 'fresh' to mix with the Rum).

For the evening she'll try and get to know the Mwangi woman.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Night time actions Day 5:
After chatting with the Mwangi lass (At least getting a name, perhaps) Sunny continues to mix with the crew, sharing her grog liberally, before giving Owlbear a final checking up on and then settling into her hammock herself.

(^_^)


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Having been suitable entertained and amused Alestone will finish his grog and turn in.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herbert heads to bed.


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening

Conchobhar flinches from the wad of spit that hits his face and begins to retrieve a handkerchief from a pocket to wipe it from his face. He listens to Aoro speak as he cleans himself and returns the handkerchief to his pocket.

"As the saying goes, 'End your quarrels on shore.' This boat is no place for such a thing, yet he still has insulted me. I will let this be for the time being, but we shall take it up once again on shore." He'll turn to look at Aoro. "I hold nothing against you for your companion's actions." He walks off, placing the outrageous hat upon his head.

Conchobhar is considered 'Unfriendly' to Lanliss only. His overall attitude is not affected.

Aoro:
Barefoot nods to you. "It was entertain' enough, but really, I don't get that much enjoyment from watchin' people beat each other silly. I'm gettin' tired of all this unnecessary violence. Some drink and song are more my preference."

You both talk for a bit and it quickly dawns on you that she deeply misses home. She was a fisherwoman by trade, but took to pirating when her boat was lost in a terrible storm. She only survived by luck. You also learn her name, "Barefoot" Samms Toppin. She apparently picked it up recently when she began working on the Wormwood.

Barefoot is now Helpful.

Lanliss:
"Lil' ol' me? Pffft... No. He'd pound me into a pulp right away." You both chat about the fight and other things aboard the Wormwood for a while. The conversation slowly drifts away from the boat and towards the dreams that you both hold.

"I've always wanted to... to try on a dress. Ya' know, like the ones them noble women ya' see wearin'." She sighs and then stands up from where you were both sitting. She glares at you and jabs a finger in your face. "Don't you be goin' tellin' anyone about what I just said.' Her face is a bit reddened by embarrassment and she storms off.

Giffer is now Helpful

Later that evening, you run into Habbly Quarne, the "Stitchman." He's a male human that carries a bizarre serrated blade on his hip. He looks at you with a raised eyebrow for a moment as you speak. "Elf, I'm a carpenter by trade. The only 'doctorin' that I do is when someone needs an arm or leg removed due to injury. I ain't got any potions, and I ain't the type to be healin' people. " He brushes past you and heads to the officer's quarters.

Duo:
From the people you question, you manage to learn a bit about the rest of the people on the ship. The only swab you haven't already found out about is Shivikah, a mwangi ex-slaver. The two riggers you have yet to hear about are "Ratline" Rattsberger, a halfling with a rat-like face, hence the name, long arms, and missing three fingers, and Slippery Syl Lonegan, a murderer who fled to sea to avoid the law and continue her spree. You are also told about Kipper, the gunner's mate, who's under Plugg's thumb, and "Caulky" Tarroon, the captain's cabin girl. There's rumors about what the captain does with her, but they're not to be spoken in polite company, which means you hear them all. Suffice it to say, that according to what you hear, the captain is probably the only one on the boat that's not aching to be with a woman.

Sunny:
Owlbear nods his thanks to you for helping him in the simplest way possible, by saying "Thank you." He climbs into a hammock that looks like it can barely fit him and quickly falls asleep.

You go to speak to the mwangi woman and find her to be relatively willing to chat. After speaking with her for a bit and carousing with the crew still awake, you check on Owlbear. He's peacefully dreaming of something, at least according to the smile on his face.

You need to make a Fortitude save for the grog and a Constitution check for fatigue for staying up late.

Day 6

The ship's clock awakens you all once again with it's haunting bells and when you make your way up onto deck, the sky is grey with clouds.

DM's Secret Rolls:

Sunny: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Lanliss: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Duo: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Herbert: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Alestone: 1d6 ⇒ 6
1d100 ⇒ 77
Aoro: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Scourge and Plugg hand out duties to the swabs and riggers, while the cook mate's is given his duties by Kroop.

Sunny is assigned the Upper Rigging Work job for the day along with Barefoot. Lanliss is assigned the Swab the Decks job along with Tilly, Aretta, and Jape. Duo and Herbert are given the Hauling Rope and Knot Work job along with Sandara and Badger. Alestone is assigned to the Repairs job with "Cog" and Rosie. Aoro, Kroop is sober today and asks you to take a net and fish up enough fish for the next few days stew. You're assigned the Fishing job.

Please make required rolls and declare you Ship Actions for the day.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Evening Dice rolls Day 5:

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Con Check:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Waking slowly Sunny staggers up onto deck with every one else, blearily rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

At Plugg's orders to man the rigging Sunny bounces to attention with a chirpy 'Aye, aye sir!' and scampers aloft. Though those who watch notice the lithe blond Elf is taking things a little slower than she has in the past, perhaps mindful of the blustery conditions which plague the top-sails today.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 (Adding the +4 for caution that the DM allows)

Profession Sailor:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16(Adding the +4 for caution that the Dm allows)

While aloft, she will use the time to again chat happily to the Mwangi lass. This time perhaps getting onto a first name basis. (^_~)


Shade Psion 18

Sunny:
You are exhausted by the time you hit the hay. Although you're able to rest some, you're still fatigued the following day.

Sunny, you'll be fatigued during Day 6. That's a -1 to the acrobatics roll, so you'll make it into the rigging easily enough, but you nearly slip once or twice.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Profession Sailor 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Alestone is glad to be putting his talents to good use and whistles to himself as he splices rope together and other various tasks on board.

During a lull in his work Alestone will take a quick peek and sneak over to A4b - Peppery Longfarthing's Laboratory


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 6

Day Action: Influence Ratline
Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Fishing 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Aoro tries to talk up one of the rigger's that he had yet to meet while he is going about his work.

"Hows the weather, let me know if you spot a school of fish would ya"


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

day 6: Swabbing the deck
I am going to wake up Earlier in the morning to make sure that I can create my Mutagen (Dex +4 +2 Armor -2 Wis) I want to make this a standing action if possible sir

After hearing my jobs I nod quietly and get to work for the day.
Str Check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Influence: Ratline
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Constitution Check
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
During a lull in my job I go and Find Ratline and see if I can get him to help us as well.

So I see ya talking to Aoro, he's a great man. I wanted to know on how you lost your fingers sir? that does appear to be a tragedy.

Feeling tired at the end of my shift I kinda just Slump down and wince


Shade Psion 18

Day 6

Daytime

Rain begins to pour down sometime during the morning. It's a heavy rain, accompanied by a strong north-eastern breeze, blowing the rain into pirates' faces. It makes for a relatively uncomfortable day.

Alestone:
You will find the door to Peppery Longfarthing's Lab locked.

Alestone easily takes to the job and makes quick work of most of the tasks presented to him. Rosie has a more difficult time, but manages to complete her tasks to Scourge's satisfaction. Cog has a bit more luck and gets done a bit before Scourge comes by to check on you all.

Aoro:
"The weather's s*!*, but I'll let ya' know if'n I see anythin'. Not like I'm likely to in this weather." He grins slightly to himself.

Ratline is now Friendly.

You have little trouble fishing up the day's catch. Perhaps the fish are attracted to the surface by the water, thinking it's the movement of prey.

Lanliss:
Sounds fine.

You struggle with pushing the holystone blocks across the deck as it begins to rain. The water causes the block to simply glide over the wood and tar, rather rather smoothing it. You try harder, but it only ends up uneven, rather than smooth, and begins to tire you out. However, Owlbear helps when he's on deck from below as does Grok and the little bit that both provide keep you from really fatiguing yourself.

Tilly doesn't fare much better in cleaning the decks, although Aretta and Jape manage to do a passable job. Seeing that you and Tilly are having trouble, Giffer, Jack, and Sandara all jump in to help out while Scourge isn't paying attention. The other two try to get him to catch everyone helping you out, but amazingly enough, the three get away with it. When Scourge passes by at the end of the day, he inspects the deck and snorts, "Passable, you lot. Barely passable." He walks off, annoyed.

During the day, you manage to speak with Ratline. "He seems like a good enough soul, but that ain't necessarily a good thing on a ship, especially this one. As for me fingers, well..." He grins a moment, "I'd like to say that I lost 'em in a titanic battle with a great monster, but that really ain't the tale. I was workin' up in the riggin' on 'nother ship and a strong gale shifted the sails an'' lines. Broke my fingers, but the three where so bad, that the Ship's Surgeon decided they needed ta' be taken." He shakes his head. "Not much of a story, eh?"

Ratline is now Helpful.

I'll handle the rest of the daytime actions when others post.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo spends most of the day thinking about how best to ask Sunny to help him so he can impress Sandara when he dances with her. Rosie will help Duo correct?

Check.
str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
con: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Edit: Any help for a friendly XD


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

I did post...but fergot to highlight me days doin's.


Shade Psion 18

Day 6

Aha! Yeah, missed that due to responding just after. Woo hoo!

Sunny:
You'll chat with Barefoot from time to time while working in the rigging. You manage to find out her full name is Barefoot Samms Toppin, and she used to be a fisherwoman before her boat was destroyed. She seems to like much of the carousing, game playing, singing, and general tom-foolery, but is somewhat jaded by the violence.

You manage to fairly easily complete the task assigned to you and Mr. Plugg seems satisfied with your performance. However, Barefoot struggles with her task and at the end of the day, Mr. Plugg manages to spot a tear in one of the lines. "That'll be three lashes during the bloody hour for ya'." He grins, water streaming down his face, and walks back to the poop deck.

Duo:
You're struggling with your task this day, when Fishguts comes up on deck. As he's heading past you with a bucket in his hands, he looks down and begins to give you a couple of pointers, which allow you to pick up the pace and complete your task just barely in time.

However, Sandara seems to struggle with her tasks badly and she is caught by Master Scourge at the end of the day. "Eh? What's this? The little priestess havin' troubles? Well, it'll be three lashes for you for slackin' on the job. Think of it as an offerin' to the Pirate Queen." Badger, however, is able to complete her task quickly and efficiently this day.

Lanliss used the two who can help on Con checks to keep from being fatigued so, unfortunately, there is no one to help you with that. Thus, Duo is Fatigued.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Day 6-Trade with Grok

Herbert shows up to his assignment a little behind schedule. He needed a few minutes to round up some of the coins and goods he'd stashed around the hold.

Rope Haulin'
1d20 ⇒ 8
Fatigue
1d20 ⇒ 17

Herbert is sloppy in his work. After a while he asks Sandara to cover for him.

Sandara, if she asks, can you tell Badger, I'm answering nature's call?

Shopping:
He heads off toward the quartermasters shop.

The coin I have, is it enough to get a decent weapon or two? I want my dagger and the elf mentioned a sword.


Shade Psion 18

Day 6

Herbert:
You head off down to the shop and Grok opens the door for you. Aoro is up on deck currently, so it's just Kroop in the galley and he smiles and waves at you as you come below to speak with Grok.

When you ask about your dagger, she'll throw you a toothy smile, "Hun, if yer just wantin' yer gear back, all you had to do was ask." She fishes around in the chests for a moment, before returning with whatever of yours that remained and handing it to you. "Don't be tellin' no one 'bout this, though." She winks at you.

"Anythin' else you lookin' for, hun? I've got a selection of swords and knives, some of good quality, even a magic one or two. Interested?" She grins and leans against the doorframe.

You can hear Kroop chuckle.

When you get back up on deck, Sandara has tried to cover for you, but is having so much trouble herself that Master Scourge has noticed. He's waiting for you when you come back up on deck. "Slackin' off, eh? That's three lashes for you!" He gives a golden grin and heads off to another part of the boat, yelling as he does so.

I don't think there's anyone else available to help you, sadly. Also, shopping applies a -2 penalty to the job check.

Evening and Nighttime actions everyone. If you want an NPC to help you, please note it. They can only help one person per day/evening. It'll be first come, first serve on help.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Dance: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Stealth to toss rum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Night 6

Entertainment
Duo found Rosie quite easy enough after the nights meal. Having forgotten to ask Sunny if she would help teach Duo to dance. He felt silly for forgetting something so important. However, while he was looking for Sunny to ask her he ran across Sandara. After asking if she was feeling ok after bloody hour, Duo realized if he was going to learn to dance why not learn from Sandara and Rosie. As it would be a good excuse to spend time with Sandara. "Miss Sandara, I wanted to surprise you by learning how to dance so I could ask you to dance and be good at it but, I forgot to get a dance partner. *shyly* would you be willing to help me learn and dance with me?"

Assuming she says yes, Duo will spend the afternoon with them learning how to dance.
I figure this way I'm not wasting two pc's time by both of us dancing.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Day Action 6:

Sunny will stand forward and make the claim that the loose sail/poor rigging check was her fault.

Bluff:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

And so spare Samms the touch of the lash. (^_^)

Evening action 6:

Mixing the Rum with water to make grog, which she will liberally share around. (^_^)

Depending on the state Sunny is in after the lashing...

Either

Sunny stumbles to her hammock, taking solace in her Rum ration and any sympathy she gets from friends and crew...

OR

Seeming less affected (Probably thanks in part to Sandara's and others spells) Sunny join in the singing and joking but abstains from the dancing, citing her still sore self.

The one thing both types of encounters would have is Sunny's words to her friends,

"That Master Plugg an' his mate, Master Lash? I were tellin' ye they din't even understand th' rules of the game..."

If that dun't get a favorable reaction from Samms, nuthin' will. (^_~)


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 6

Evening Action: Influence Conchobhar
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Rum Action: Dispose
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Aoro sneaks away his drink over board without incident. Then finds the gnome he met at the fight.

"So how ya doing this fine night. Maybe it's just a feeling but I dont think your like the rest of these crewmen."

He takes out his puzzle box and offers it to the gnome.

"Care to try?"

He gives him a slight smile.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

the -2 was figured into the check, my strength is +2. The total is 0.


Shade Psion 18

Awesome, then good thinking on your part. Bad on mine.

Next time, can you do the formatting like '1d20 + 2 - 2'? It helps me keep track of such things.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Drink Deeply
Fort Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Cha Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 1
Con Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Alestone speaks as he drink his rum.
"Seems like 'is ship is full o' surprises, wha'll they 'ave us do next, wrestle a shark while on 'ire?"

As usual Alestone will turn in early to make sure to get plenty of sleep.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

day 6 : Night time action
influence: Peppery
So Peppery you dabble in the arts too? Maybe we can trade some secrets?
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Rum action: dispose
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
2nd night time action
fatigue check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
I am going to see if I can get into Peppery's lab
Stealth
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
disable lock
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
perception check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
I am going to see if I can get some more items for myself and take some

EDIT: I would like to have some help disposing of my rum and if there is anyone who can help disable locks then great if not just the rum


Shade Psion 18

Day 6

Daytime

Sunny:

Mr. Plugg looks you up and down for a moment, "Alright, fine by me. As long as someone pays for that bit o' incompetence."

Herbert:
Ratline, on a trip down from the rigging, gives you a hand with the ropes while keeping an eye on Scourge. "We gotta be helpin' each other out, right? Good luck." He checks Scourge again and scurries back up into the rigging.

Later that day, Scourge finds your work passable, although he sneers at you as he says it.

Evening

Lashes are dispensed after the work is done for the day, with Sandara and Sunny receiving three lashes each.

Sandara's Lashes:

Lash 1's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Lash 2's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Lash 3's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Total Damage = 6 non-lethal

Sandara is released from the mast and staggers slightly, walking back to the group. Once in the bunch, she heals herself.

Healing:

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Sunny's Lashes:

Lash 1's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Lash 2's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Lash 3's Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Total Damage = 6 non-lethal

As Sunny heads back to the group from the mast, Sandara uses her healing abilities again, flashing a wicked smile at a fuming Scourge.

Healing:

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Barefoot approaches Sunny as she enters the group and places a hand on her shoulder, "Thank you for that. I'm owin' you one, friend."

Rum and supper is served immediately thereafter, with hearty servings of the fish stew made from the fish that Aoro caught earlier in the day. Everyone who tries to dump their rum manages to do so successfully, but Tilly and Jack have to block Scourge for a moment as he walks about the deck or Lanliss would've been caught.

Aoro:
Conchobhar looks at you and nods, "This place isn't anything like the pirates I've heard about. They pressed me into service just like you and the others." He gestures over to the other members of the crew recently press-ganged. "Oh well, I've always wanted to go to sea, so might as well make the best of it." He grins and looks at the puzzle box for a moment before snatching it up. "I'll have this thing open in no time! No box has ever outsmarted me!"

Any rules for that thing? Also, Conchobhar is now Helpful.

Duo:
While Rosie is playing her violin, Duo asks Sandara to dance. The cleric smiles at him and grabs his hand, leading him out onto the deck a bit away from the other pirates. "A bit of space to practice, eh? I only know a few myself, but I'll teach you what I can. Just... be careful with my back. It's still a bit tender."

Sandara's Perform(dance) Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

She shows Duo some of the basic steps she knows and he quickly and easily copies her. Soon enough, he's got the patterns down and is repeating the steps with more precision than she was. She grins at Duo, "You're quite the natural."

The two spend much of the evening practicing together and Sandara seems to really enjoy the time. Towards the end, as things are winding down, she smiles warmly at Duo, "Thanks. This really lightened the mood for me. Not everythin' about this life needs to be about gold and blood." She kisses him on the cheek and heads below deck with the rest of the sailors.

Lanliss:
Peppery is carrying something to the captain's cabin when you approach her. She snorts. "Here, carry this to the door," and hands it off to you. It's a stack of books, papers, and charts. You get a couple more moments to talk to her as you head to cabin. "IF... and I mean, IF, you have anything that I find interesting, we can trade, but for the time being, I'm busy." She takes the stack from you as you get to the door. "Thanks," she mutters as she shuts the door to the cabin.

Peppery Longfarthing is now Indifferent.

Early Nighttime

Lanliss:
You manage to sneak into the officers' quarters while they're sleeping, the sound of a couple of them snoring letting you know that you have managed to avoid disturbing them. You settle down to pick the lock on the door and with a quick check you don't notice anything unusual about the lock.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 vs touch AC 13 Hit
Damage (electricity): 5d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 1, 1) = 13

A slight smell of ozone is your only warning before electricity discharges from the lock, a hidden rune on it's surface sudden flaring to life. You're unable to pull away from the lock in time to avoid the blast, which knocks you backwards away from the door.

You sight fades in and out for a bit and the last thing you remember seeing is Master Scourge's golden teeth. "Well, well, what've we got here?" he says just before you black out.

Day 7

Daytime

You all awake to the ringing of the ship's clock, but quickly discover that Lanliss is not to be found amongst you.

You've all got about a minute to converse before the ship's clock rings again and you'll be punished for being late.

Lanliss:
You're still unconscious.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro gives an inner groan, that elf went and did something foolish again. They would all find out in time he guessed.

"Well best not be late."

Aoro makes his way on deck to get to his duties if nothing catches his interest.

DM:

Puzzle Box, I would say its Int based. Aoro's is a normal one (1 gp) so its not overly complex. So it should be a 15 or 20 DC.

301 to 350 of 2,375 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.