Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


251 to 300 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

day 4

Fort Save
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ya we be done, There was a set of dire rats down there, ye must have picked them up in port. *snickers* you dummy they were your parrents we killed down there. Your problem has been taken care of.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny opens her eyes and slouches away from Duo.

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Meh...:P

She looks down at her muck covered self,

"I be all...squicky..." She says and goes in search of water with which to clean herself off.

Not like that Fort Save isn't going to get me. :P


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro keeps to the back of the group. Watching the man and not his whip.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herbert addresses the man, well aware of his whip.
All the over-sized rats in the bilges are dead.

Herbert smiles and thinks to himself, "No thanks to me or any rules about safety aboard a ship."

A moment to clean this smell from my body?...then straight to duty, of course.


Shade Psion 18

Day 4

Daytime - Trouble in the Bilges

Master Scourge eyes you for a moment, "Alright, then. Back to work with the lot of you!" He cracks the whip on the deck to accentuate the point.

Aoro:
You're not able to get much off the man except that he's presenting a threat.

Evening

Please give me rum actions and evening and nighttime (if you do any) ship actions.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo tired and exhausted from so much spell use does his best to make grog of the rum and then rest. His feet drag as he walks the burns from Lanliss's bombs don't show but, Duo still feels the pain that they can dish out. He will make it a point to stay away from combat from know on as to avoid friendly fire.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny takes time in the evening to again just wash. Find some where to put a tub and get a hold of fresh water to liberally scrub and clean herself. So, for the first night aboard, she misses out on both the Rum ration and the dancing and having fun times.

(By now, would the rat's scratches and such be starting to become sore? That Fort save was nothing special. Also, don't Elves get a bonus Vs diseas? not sure, am clutching at straws.)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 4
night time action

rum: dispose

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
-----------------------------------------------
I will try to talk to Giffer tibbs again
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
[b] giffer, how are things tonight? Creating some small talk to make her friendly


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Night Action: Influence Jack
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Rum Action: Dispose
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Aoro talks up the young boy.

"Dont worry about those rats anymore, oh and I heard your a bit of an artist. So am I, granted my art is done on skin while yours is done on bone but its art none the less huh."

Geez when the dice turns it does not stop. Sunny, elves get a +2 bonus to enchantment saves nothing else. You may have picked up a disease from the rats.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Nightly: Influence Badger

Rum dumping:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
I'll save enough to offer Badger a taste.

Herbert makes his way over to Badger. His first inclination is to ask what came first, the haircut or the nickname?

Chicken or egg?

"Hello there, my name is Herbert. I can't get the taste for the rum aboard this ship. I wouldn't mind sharing a bit with ya. Whataya say?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Disease 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Rum 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Cha Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3
Con Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Alestone will continue his heavy drinking, but is too down from being sent back to the bilge to lead a drinking song tonight.

Afterwards Alestone will clean himself up as best as possible before flopping into his hammock and going to sleep.


Shade Psion 18

Day 4

Evening

Sunny:
Give me a stealth check to avoid being caught skipping out on the rum ration. You hunt for fresh water, but try as you might, the only fresh water on board is stored in a giant barrel, which the spigot is missing from. You can use sea water, but that'l leave you with the feeling of grit on your skin.

Lanliss:

Giffer smiles at you and nods, "Goin' a'right so far. You?" You exchange small talk for a bit and she seems to warm up to you.

Giffer is now friendly.

Aoro:

Jack nods to Aoro. "Thanks for that. I've never seen a rat that big before in my life!" He gestures with a small scrimshaw carving he's working on, "I've been doin' it all my life, and it ain't much, but I enjoy it and the material is plentiful. Have pursued your art that long?" You talk back and forth for a time about your respective professions (feel free to roleplay this out), and by the end, Jack seems to be a lot more comfortable around you.

Jack is now helpful. I applied a +2 bonus to the check due to the approach.

As Aoro attempts to stealthily dump his rum ration, he hears Scourge call out, "You! The one covered in tattoos! I see what you're trying to do! That'll be six lashes on the morrow. I'll be seeing you at the bloody hour!" He flashes a golden grin at Aoro.

Herbert:

Badger snorts at you and shakes her head. "Fool, get away from me with that. I can get more from Grok if I'm wantin' it, but I ain't drinkin' what's yours. I'd rather not be kissin' the mast tomorrow eve."

Badger is now hostile.

Day 5

Daytime

Everyone beds down for the night and before any time seems to have passed, you are all awoken by the haunting bells of the ship's clock. Fishguts has Aoro help him pass out the morning's ship's biscuits and then they head below.

DM's Secret Rolls:

Alestone
1d6 ⇒ 3
Herbert
1d6 ⇒ 4
Aoro
1d6 ⇒ 4
Duo
1d6 ⇒ 4
Lanliss
1d6 ⇒ 3
Sunny
1d6 ⇒ 4
Fishguts' Sobriety
1d100 ⇒ 56

Master Scourge assigns Herbert and Duo to hauling rope and working the knots on deck (Hauling Rope and Knot Work) while he puts Alestone and Lanliss to work on cleaning and scrubbing the decks (Swab the Decks). Mr. Plugg assigns Sunny to work on the deck, focusing on manipulating the mainsail while the other riggers work in the actual rigging (Mainsail Duties). Fishguts tells Aoro that something a bit more enticing is expected today, so he's having Aoro hunt for sea turtles (Make a Profession(fisherman) or Survival check), pointing to the harpoons and nets hanging on the back wall of the Galley.

Please post your work checks as well as your ship actions and any relevant checks for those actions.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade, Evening Day 4:
Sea water will do for starters.

Stealth Check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Does Sunny know if there be a Cleric aboard? One who might have 'Create Water' as an Orison to help her get cleaned up?

Knowledge Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 (Local) Maybe Shandara?

Diplomacy Check to get into said NPC's good books:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Day 5:

Sunny nods at Master Plugg's orders, though she is less smiling at having to haul on ropes about the deck as opposed to scampering about up in the rigging.

Profession Sailor Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19(Against exhaustion of the day's work load)


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Evening:

Aoro claps him on the back gently.

"Well I met a fine tattooist in my home town, he was a retired pirate as a matter of fact. Took as much a liking to me as I to him. I learned alot from him when I was a little younger then yourself. Been doing it for a few years now. Not a master myself but I like to think I do good work as I get no complaints. Just takes practice you know. I may even buy one of your works or trade you a tattoo."

When Scourge catches him at last he shrugs but plays it off none the less, you cant always win but you should set things up for the next go around.

"What! A guy gets a little clumsy around the rail and spills his drink, all of a sudden its a master plan. Yeah I want to get the fish drunk so their easier to catch. Or maybe I'm bribing the sharks so they trade me some stories on those mermaids. Bah ruined my night."

He flashes a wink at Jack before heading to bed. He would see how well that whip held up to his tricks come bloody hour.

Day 5

Day Action: Work Diligently
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Aoro with a bit of a smug look on deck brings in enough sea turtles for a feast and with ease. Had he any rum in his system things may not have gone as well.

"Well look at that a good nights rest and my luck's done changed. Everyones eating good today."

The fact that he brings to mind that fool golden grin on each turtle as he harpoons the sea creatures does not hurt etheir.

I swear these dice are evil, oh how they toy with me. xD


Shade Psion 18

Sunny:
You easily remember that Sandara is capable of minor miracles and ask her for some water.

"Sure enough, how much do ya' need?" She asks with a bit of a quizzical look on her face. "What's it for, anyways?"

Also, the fatigue check is a Constitution check, not a Fortitude Save. I need to clear that up.

Aoro:
"I'd like that very much. Is there anything you like? An animal or spirit or something? I'll carve it for you, if I can." He grins and seems eager to hear a response.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

DM:

Aoro thinks for a moment.

"How about a Cetaceal, I always found those very interesting."

He almost forgets that such a creature is not likely known. He only knew because of his former master.

"Sorry I doubt you know what that is. I guess you could say its like a mermaid but with the bottom half being that of a killer whale. Bet that appeals to you too huh."

Let me know if its too much of a streach, its kinda tied in to his backstory.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade. Finishing off some previous night's conversations:

"Oh, enough t'get m'self cleaned up an' these scratches looked at?" Sunny asks hopefully, showing Sandara said wounds as inflicted by said rats.

"I even gots one all-a way down here!" *Points indignantly*

*Sunny helpfully wiggles said offending mark at Sandara the better that she can see the wound.* (^_^)

Correcting work save for day 5:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Bugger!


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Day 5
Daytime Action:Work Diligently

Rope Hauling:

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Fatigue: 1d20 ⇒ 18

The idea of talking to anyone aboard the Wormwood is unpleasant. It just hasn't gone Herbert's way. He decides to keep to his work.

The rope is wet and heavy. The work keeps him from considering his dismal situation.

Two jobs or one?


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 5
Work Hard
Daytime action
Str Check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Con Check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

(figured in the +4)

Alestone, Seems like you and I sir are ment to work together for some time eh?


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Day 5
Day time action

Duo works as best he can today not wanting to get lashings as he's sure his spells will be needed later if Master scourge has his way.

Rope work:
Strength Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Fatigue: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Duo tryes his hardest Pulling ropes and making the correct knots. The whole while not sure if he is doing it correctly. His mind wandering to how Sandara is doing. As he starts to think of Sandara the thought crosses his mind that Master Scourge may be lashing out at Duo because, Duo's getting close to her.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Day 5 Daytime
1 Con Damage / +3 Cha Bonus
Work Hard
Strength 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Constitution Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Alestone talks to Lanliss
"Don't let them give ya a hard time, I thought 'dem 'splosives we're a good call. Too much longer down there and I might be needin' a second peg-leg and I think this ship would give me a crooked one or somesuch."

Alestone will work diligently at his job, at some point during the day he will take a quick break from scrubbing the deck to scrub himself as much as possible.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Ya. I thought that everyone might be needing something soon. They are my bread and butter, besides my potions that I make. which by the way I am going to have to do tonight after the bloody hour. Looks around and checks for anyone else around
perception check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
whispers over to Alestone
We've go to do something, we're going to die out here with that looks again Rat around..


Shade Psion 18

Aoro:
Jack nods to you. "It does, but I'm afraid I've never
even heard of one. I'll try my best to make it in the image of what you described."
He looks down and furrows his brow in thought. The serious look on his face is almost comical.

Sunny:

Sandara's Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
"Hmmm..." She examines the area, shifting the clay pipe in her mouth. "I'm not seein' anythin' wrong with you, Sunny. I think you're fine." She smiles up at you and stands up. "Anythin' else I can do for you?"

Day 5

Daytime

Sunny:
No need to reroll. You've got a Con of 10, so using the previous roll and the bonus of 0, we get a 17. You pass the check.

You all accomplish your jobs in at least a satisfactory manner, leaving Master Scourge little room to complain. The best part, is that the weather is stellar and even the heavier work seems to wear you all little.

Nighttime

The haunting bells of the Wormwood's clock ring, signalling the end of the day and the beginning of the bloody hour.

Three sailors are called up in all. The first called up is the rigger referred to as "Barefoot." She's a tall mwangi woman who never seems to wear shoes. The second called up is Jaundiced Jape. Scourge tells the crew about how their inability to perform their jobs harms the whole crew, or some such rubbish. They're given three lashes each.

Lastly, Aoro is called up to the mast and tied by his arms around it. The ticking of the ship's clock, a heavy, resounding noise that most on deck can hear from time to time during the day, sends a small vibration through the mast, which Aoro feels each second.

"This man is being punished for spillin' the ship's rum! Captain Harrigan paid good coin for you all to be able to enjoy such a 'fine' drink and he expects you to enjoy it!" He flashes a golden grin to the crowd. "It'll be six lashes for the disgrace of turnin' down the Captain's generosity!"

You all may make a Perception check.

Master Scourge proceeds to deliver the lashes.

1st Lash: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dealt 3 non-lethal damage (total: 3 NL)
2nd Lash: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Dealt 1 non-lethal damage (total: 4 NL)
3rd Lash: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dealt 3 non-lethal damage (total: 7 NL) Staggered
4th Lash: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Dealt 2 lethal damage (total: 7 NL, 2 lethal) Unconscious

Master Scourge rolls his eyes and groans. "Quinn! Bring him around so he can receive the rest of his punishment!" Sandara walks up from the crowd, glaring daggers at the bosun. She channels the divine power of Besmara, incanting a prayer of healing and touches Aoro.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Removes 11 non-lethal damage and restores 11 hit points (total: 0 damage) Conscious

Quinn quickly backs away as Scourge rears back to strike again. "Welcome back to the wakin' world and more pain!" The lash strikes Aoro again.

5th Lash: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Dealt 2 non-lethal damage (total: 2 NL)

Master Scourge rears back for another strike, but the voice of the captain is heard. "Enough! Scourge, hold your lash." Captain Harrigan descends the steps and walks over to Aoro. He looks down at the aasimar. "I call you into 'lash debt.' I may make this strike at any time, but should you serve well, you need not fear it. The debt exists till we make port again. Remember your debt well." The grim man strides away passing into his cabin, followed closely by "Caulky."

Master Scourge looks astounded for a moment and then grumbling, he orders Aoro untied.

Food is served by Fishguts and Aoro, a stew made from sea turtle rather than fish this evening. Grok hands out rum to the crew.

Please announce your rum action.

After dinner, Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge make their way below decks, along with several of the crew. They emerge a couple of minutes later with a strange man you've all seen tied to one of the masts in the hold. The man is powerfully built, but has a somewhat vacant look to his eyes.

Plugg strides up to the group, followed by Scourge and the gang of sailors. "How about a bit o' sport, eh? One o' you fight my man here, "Owlbear", and should you win there's a purse o' gold in it for you." He holds up a purse laden with coin. "Bare-knuckle or wrestlin'. No magic tricks, either. You pull a weapon or practice your finger wigglin' and you lose. Got it?" He scans the group. "Any takers?"

You can make a Perception or Sense Motive check.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Dumping Rum
Attempt to Influence "Barefoot"

Stealth Check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Herbert hears the offered contest. He's half tempted to join and blow off some steam, but broken ribs or teeth and regular old soreness won't find sympathy. After a short talk with Barefoot, he decides to find a good place to watch the action.

The "all for one" lecture Scourge gave at Bloody Hour doesn't make sense to me at all. Aren't the constant beatings much worse for the whole crew than one members failings?

I'd like to believe that some of us are cut from different cloth than that man. The last word spits out like venom. Where do you stand?

Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 5 Night
Rum action: Dispose
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1st Perception check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
2nd Check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
-------------------------
Looking around at the giant owlbear. hmm... one on one no magic or weapons. no way I could take him. I hope Sunny doesn't decide to go for it. I do not want to see her hurt at all.
Night time Action: Create potions
Craft Check
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Create potion of Englarge Person Takes 2 hours
I am going to keep my potion on me at all times and then I am
After I am done creating my potion I am going to go to bed for the night.
I am going to be sure to get up early to create my mutagn for the day
Mutagen: Dex Mutagen +4 Dex +2 Armor -2 wis (last 10 minutes)


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade:
Thank';e fer the allocation of the rolls t'seein' about me tasks. *Bows*

(Assuming Sunny is clean) She grins, giggles and hugs Sandara happily/fiercely. "THANK'E!" *With more bouncing and giggling.*

Diplomacy Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 With a lot of cuddling, bouncing and generally being gregarious with Sandara (^_^)

So, am I t'be assumein' Sunny hasn't caught some sort of nasty from either the bilge water or the bout with the rats, then? (^_^)

Evening Day 5:

Sunny again mixes her Rum with water to make Grog, which she also happily shares with any one else amongst the crew. (^_^)

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Sunny looks the fellow up and down, also sparing Plugg a long appraising look. She shrugs and skips forwards,

"Aye! A bout of swingin' me arms 'll do wonders fer workin' th' knots out after all day haulin' on'a ropes!" She declares to all watching, even as she begins to flex and limber up.

So...how should we run this little affray? (^_~)


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Evening 5
Drinking Rum:
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Cha Bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2

Alestone will savor his rum tonight, drinking it slowly so that he may best enjoy the bout.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Evening
Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Sense Motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Rum Action: Dispose
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Night Action: Influence Tilly
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Aoro takes his lashes without word, until the captain gives him a break. That told him his efforts were not going to waste, well worth the lashes then. None the less his normally friendly face flashes into a murderous look for just a moment as he passed Scourge, gone as quickly as it came. He would have to kill that one in painful manner at that. When the little contest is brought up he shakes his head, that was not his area at all. Instead he gives the man a once over to see whoever accepted would be getting themselves into. It never hurt to read a man as you never knew when you could use that information. Aoro spots a human female by the name of Tilly, time to work. Walking up to her he nudges her a bit with his elbow.

"Well good night to you. So whats your take on this whole little contest, maybe a little more then it seems hmmm?"

Aoro talks up Tilly to get on her good side.

Edit-Wow my eyesight sucks, at least I will get lucky tonight. Hope your heavy sleepers sense the hammack will be swinging tonight. xP


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

*sighs and winces* g+& d$+n it Sunny... I hope I do not have to pick you up off the floor again I mean I love being close to ya but not hurt like that.
Good Luck Sunny. I say to her and I shutter. Gives a look at Sunny and Slowly shakes his head.

I do not want to interfer, because that would get me killed. but if I have too.

my hands start fumbling around in my pockets.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Sorry, you need a pair of perception checks

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Herbert is finished worrying about Sunny. He finds himself hoping the huge man takes some of the wind from her sails. He settles in for a good look at what should be a trouncing.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

After dinner, Duo not wanting to get lashing for avoiding the rum attempts to make Grog. Watching Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge make their way below decks, has Duo interested. What do they have planned know he wonders as he makes the grog... fort save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

When they emerge a couple of minutes later with a strange man you've all seen tied to one of the masts in the hold, Duo is rather gone the rum having gotten the better of him. Even in that state Duo can tell the man is powerfully built, but has a somewhat vacant look to his eyes.

Plugg strides up to the group, followed by Scourge and the gang of sailors. "How - - - - sport, eh? One - you fight - man here, "Owlbear", and - you win - - - gold - - - -" Duo hardly registers the purse laden with coin before moving some were to sit.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1

DM Bound Shade:

Can you tell me your thoughts on life link?
There is no description of it.
So I get the feeling its invisible and there is now way to tell its there.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening - Fightin' the' Owlbear

I'll make a second perception check or a sense motive check for Alestone, Duo, and Sunny. Also, a Fortitude Save for Sunny to avoid Fatigue from drinking the grog.
Alestone's 2nd Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Duo's 2nd Perception Check: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Sunny's 2nd Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Sunny's Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Pass

Alestone and Lanliss:
During the bloody hour, you notice wince and grimace for a second as Scourge speaks about his "hospitality." It lasts for only a second, though, and then his face returns to its usual stern look.

Lanliss:
You manage to complete your potion. You'll be able to wake up early to create a mutagen in the morning.

Sunny:
Sandara smiles and laughs before shoving you off of her. "Easy now! The other men on board might get jealous, or someone might be gettin' the wrong idea about us." She shakes her head. "You should be alright, but let me take another look at you in the mornin' just in case, alright?"

Nope, unless Sandara's check failed... Mwa ha ha! ... In all likely hood, no, you're fine.

Herbert:
Barefoot shrugs to him. "If we all were to shirk our duties, then yeah, there'd be a danger, but I don't see that happenin'." She shakes her head. "Not somethin' I rather discuss, though." She turns and walks away.

You failed to shift her attitude, either positively or negatively. Influence actions are not going well so far you, eh?

Aoro:
Scourge seems taken aback for a moment as you pass by him, but you can almost feel the daggers he's staring into your back.

You approach Tilly and engage her in conversation. She finishes her first cup of rum and is working on her second as you both swap stories, chat about some of the dock life in the Shackles and its environs, and other such topics. Most notably, she makes a number of jokes, some rather crude during the chat, and by the end you come off looking like quite the charmer.

Her cheeks have reddened somewhat from the rum and as the fight is about to start, she looks over at you, "To the queshtion ya' asked earlier, yah, it's gotta be more ta' it. Plugg's not one ta' risk his belongin's, except for when he's angry." She chuckles, with a slight snort. "Guess ya'll are annoyin' him. Prob'ly through Scourge."

Tilly has been made helpful.

She grins and downs the last of her cup, turning to watch the evening's "entertainment."

Duo:
Life Link is invisible and due to it being s Supernatural ability, only it's effects can be detected. However, if you're taking damage at the same time as someone else, it is feasible that someone observing the effects could deduce that something is happening or even exactly what is occurring.

I'd say that it's a skill check to hide the wounds as they're transferring. I'd allow a Bluff, Stealth, or even a concentration check to keep your composure. It'd be opposed by Perception or Sense Motive.

Also, due to the failed Fort save, you are Fatigued.

Mr. Plugg grins as Sunny steps forward. "A taker! Everyone make a circle around her and the Owlbear!" Owlbear is shoved forward into the middle of the still forming ring. Plugg and Scourge are directly behind him, with Sunny and the rest of the PCs trying to keep an eye on the fight on the opposite side in a similar set up.

You can see clearly that Owlbear still bears the scars and patches of tar from a recent tar and feathering. A few bits of feathers and down still cling to him at these patches. Otherwise the powerfully muscled man makes for quite an imposing sight. He raises his arms in the air and hoots loudly, drawing a cheer from the pirates around Plugg and Scourge.

Alestone, Aoro, Lanliss, Sunny:
You all notice that Owlbear is big and slow, particularly to his left side. He seems to be blind in that eye.

A gnome with an outrageous mustache and a similarly outrageous feather-plumed hat begins to take bets from the various members of the crew. If asked, he's offering 2-to-1 odds on Owlbear and 5-to-1 odds on Sunny.

Plugg grins, "Anytime, now." The rumbling sound of distant thunder is heard and a dim flash can be seen to the south. Sunny, roll initiative.

Owlbear's Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Rules for the bout:

Combat will play out like normal, except for a couple of things. Sunny, you may make a move action during your turn to attempt to avoid Owlbear's next swing. If you do so, when he swings at you on his next turn, you can make an Acrobatics or Bluff Check against his attack roll to avoid the swing. It must still hit her AC to land. Your character is using her knowledge of his lack of good sight on his left to her advantage.

Everyone else watching the fight can make a Bluff or Intimidate check on Sunny's turn in order to try and distract the large man. If successful, you may either impart a -2 penalty on his next attack, give Sunny a +2 to her next attack, a +2 bonus to her AC, or a +2 bonus to her next Acrobatics or Bluff check. There may be other checks that can be made, but I'll bring them up later.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro spotted the weakness in the simple man. He moves behind Sunny and speaks to her.

"Psst he is blind in his left eye. If you come at him from there you will have a good advantage. I will let you know if I pick up anything else."

When the gnome comes around Aoro places 10 gold on Sunny. He was not one to pass up profit of any kind when it was to be had. Anyways it would hurt those vermin all the more when she won.

Aoro will keep making Sense Motive checks every round, let me know if its needed. Dont want to roll if it does not count.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade:
Sunny laughs and giggles as Sandara pushes her away,

"Whut be it ye think th' fellows would be thinkin', then?" She asks impishly, mischief obviously alight in her large blue eyes. (^_~)

Diplomacy Check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

(^_^)

And we're caught up with the next day's events! Onward to the bout!

Sunny opens her mouth as if to say something, but at Plugg's orders she closes it and shrugs.

Sunny's initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

As the larger man swings, Sunny simply drops into 'The splits' and lets his arm sail over her head. (^_^)

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11(Crowd's assistance?)

Then dextrously flipping into a hand-stand and driving a heel up into his jaw.

Att Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Annnd the dice roller proves it's worth. (¬_¬)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Yells at owl bear Hey you shouldn't be hitting girls there buddy

intimidate
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
go Sunny!!

damn there is nothing that I can do for her now


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

I couldn't influence Sunny to take her shirt off (DC 5)

Herbert's eyes scan the crowd as much as the brawl.

Perhaps there is someone in the crowd I haven't seen before. Someone new to talk to, well just someone to talk to...anyone?

Maybe I can help this way


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Um...Sunny has already taken her shirt off. She bin nekkid since we went down to fight the ratty's....Jus' sayin'...(>_>)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

why does she keep doing this to me. So know I have to know how they are they should be moving around pretty good while she is fighting


Shade Psion 18

Day 5

Evening - Fightin' th' Owlbear

Sunny, are you striking for subdual?

Owlbear grunts as you send the heel into his jaw, pulling back reflexively to minimize the damage. He right himself and throws a ham-fisted punch at you.

He is not trained in unarmed combat, so you may make an AoO on him when he goes to punch.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 vs AC 14 Hit
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 non-lethal

Next round.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sub-dual, a' course

Sunny flips upright,

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

AoO:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Tagging Owlbear lightly as she does so.

As the bigger man's fist slams home (>_o) Sunny staggers, though she does her best to strike back.

Att Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Succeeding in little more than batting her hands at the big fellow.

Yay dice roller. :P


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro keeps watch on how things go. Doing his best to add more advantages to Sunny. He sends a dangerous look the big man's way, whispering a threat, if only to throw him off.

"Careful, she has very good friends. One's you would be wise not to cross."

Intimidate (+2 atk)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Making sure after that hit that sunny is okay he winces!!

Show'em all Sunny ! That's my gal

Looking at owl bear
come on now be nice stop trying to hit her
diplomacy to stop the fight
we do not need to fight like this here no one here really wants to hurt you
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo takes a knee and he looks at owlbear intimidatingly.
intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 +2 ac sunny?

If in group chat we decide to have me lifelink sunny its there now.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alesone shouts
"You can do it Sunny!

That's it!

Keep Movin!

Don't let that lumberin' ape catch ya"


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

While this is going on I go to Sandra an ask Who here is the ships doctor? I am sure that owl bear is going to need him/her shortly


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Hey! Sunny in't in'a best of shapes neither, here! :P

Though I feel I be gettin' me second wind. (^_~) *HUGZ* Duo...metaphorically, at teh moment. (^_^)


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)
'Sunny' wrote:

Hey! Sunny in't in'a best of shapes neither, here! :P

Though I feel I be gettin' me second wind. (^_~) *HUGZ* Duo...metaphorically, at teh moment. (^_^)

^.^


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Bluff for +2 to Sunny's attack. 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

As Sunny moves into Owlbear's blindspot again Alestone shouts

"Keep 'im on your right Sunny. Yer left side is almost as bad as 'is"


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

keep up yer guard Sunny don't let him get ya!

bluff for +2 Sunny's attack
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

hey owl bear look this way hey hey

251 to 300 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.