Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


101 to 150 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny will work diligently in the rigging.

Climb Check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Profession Sailor:1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Come the evening and 'Bloody Hour' Sunny will happily skip forwards and accept responsibility for the shoving and pushing.

"Dun't know whut the trouble were. Some folks dun't know a good time in'a offin' when they start havin' a wrassle!"(^_~) She wiggles her hips suggestively at what the four bruisers actually missed out on, even as she flicks off her shirt and arches her back by reaching out and taking a firm grip upon the mast (Or where ever Master Plugg wishes to wield his lash).

Sorry, no time to add any spice to the post. Too many 12 hour work shifts stacking up. :(


Lanliss and Alestone, with the aid of Sandara and Aretta, manage to keep the bilges clear and flowing. The work, however, is exhausting and Alestone feels the effects of the labor. (Alestone is fatigued.)

Duo and Herbert have a successful shift, each meeting a couple of officers and not overworking themselves to the point of exhaustion. (You met Peppery Longfarthing, Sailing Master; Riaris Krine, Master Gunner; and Patch Patchsalt, Boatswain's Mate.) Additionally, you learned the general layout of the ship. (There is now a map of the Wormwood and a general description of each key area in the Campaign Info tab.)

Sunny has a successful day in the rigging, completing her tasks and feeling no ill effects from the work.

When the time comes for the Bloody Hour, Scourge is clearly gleeful. His face falls as Sunny steps forward, though. "No. Not you, elf. The man. The one who punched first."

Herbert is dragged forward and secured to the mast. Plugg announces his sentence. "This man started a fight for no other reason than demonstrating his dominance. Such arrogance will not be tolerated. Three lashes, Scourge."

Lashes:

1 is automatic miss
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for 1d3 ⇒ 2 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for 1d3 ⇒ 1 nonlethal
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 for 1d3 ⇒ 1 nonlethal

4 nonlethal

Only one other receives lashes tonight - Rosie, the halfling violinist. Again, she is accused of insolence, but her punishment is increased to six lashes. She collapses after the fifth, but a male officer you haven't met yet steps forward and holds some strong-smelling salts under her nose and pours a concoction down her throat to revive her for her final lash.

After the punishments have been handed out, Grok, Kroop and Aoro bring the food around - fish soup again. Sandara joins you again, bringing a sullen Rosie with her. As she sits at the table, she throws a small bag on the table, saying "I managed to talk Grok out of a bit of your gear - it's not all of it, but it should make life a little more bearable. Sorry Rosie - I still haven't managed to get your violin."

The bag is small, but inside you find:
Duo's Blank Spellbook
Herbert's Dagger
1 of Alestone's Flasks and His Holy Symbol
Aoro's tattooing tools

After dinner is over the rum is brought around and the evening's activities begin.

You can now make your Rum Action and Nighttime Actions. Also, feel free to RP anytime from Bloody Hour to going to sleep.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

During the Bloody hour, I watch in amazement as Sunny Tries to step up and she bears all. my skin goes flush and I can not help but stare at her. I have a slightly smitten look on my face and just shake my head harshly as she comes back and joins the crowd. opening and closing my mouth several times in trying to speak to her.

after about 5 minutes I regain my composure as Sandra walks over with Rosie.
Speaking to Sandra
Ahh thanks for your help so much I know that everyone that has their gear back will be happy.
Looks around
perception check to make sure that no one is looking
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
I found an axe down in the bilges today, so I have a weapon, even though I no nothing on how to use it. can anyone else here use it better then myself? if so I will gladly give it to you.

looks over at Rosie Rosie, Let's see if we can get your fiddle soon. Looks out for Aoro and flags him down when he has a chance to come over again. Aoro have you had a chance to talk to Grok today? did you get anything from her?

I am going try to Influence Cog Tonight.

Diplomacy check

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
I offer up my Rum Ration to him as try to talk to him for a while.

I am also going to attempt to take another night time action in the middle of the night.
While everyone is sleeping I am going to go to the quartermasters area and check the door to see if it open and if it is I am going to sneak and see what I can get from there.
Con Check
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Stealth Check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
If I make it perception check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Specifically looking for the fiddle if in plain sight if not I will take whatever I can get my hands on.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

After serving dinner he makes it to the table. Getting his tools back was one less thing he had to do.

"Thanks, let me know if you want to take up my offer now." he says to Sandara

When asked about Grok he places his hands up at the rash elf, he thought elves would know the meaning of time better. He keeps his voice down to make sure no one over hears him.

"I got Kroop on my side and he is going to take me to have a nice talk with his friend Grok tonight. With a bit of luck I can recover all my stuff and work on getting what belongs to you. Just take it easy."

Upon getting his rum ration he again tries to get rid of it unnoticed.

Stealth
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

He manages to again get away with it. He then meets up with Kroop to have their meeting with Grok. When he meets her, he gives a nod of respect.

"Well I finally meet Kroop's good friend. Its a pleasure as I am sure any friend of Kroop is a person worth meeting and knowing."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo having a successful shift felt good about the day thus far. He noticed the Halfling again getting lashes and felt for her as perhaps her violin meant to her what his book meant to him. when Sandara joined them at the table Duo scooted over to give her room by him. To his surprise she came with gifts. When his Blank Spellbook was pulled out he jumped at it. A look of pure joy on his face in his fit of joy he couldn't help but hug Sandara and for the first time Duo truly spoke. "Thank you" The words were clear as day but, it did take him a bit of time to say. Duo didn't have his pen but, the book would do.

Duo planned to visit and so he got up and as he pased Grok but, as time went on those plans changed as others talked. Again the Rum was sent around but, in Duo's joy he drank it with some extra water. The effects hit him instantly and fatigue took to Duo's body.

cure light wounds on Herbert and Rosie 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5,1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
fort save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Tired though he was Duo hoped to talk to Aoro once he returned and see if he had any lucky with Grok. After that he planned to sleep, happy to have his book.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Wandering back with the others to meal time Sunny is a little despondent. (So despondent she doesn't bother picking up her shirt. Feel free to present it to her if any one minds. :P)

She does her best to be sitting beside either Herbert or Rosie. Though the prospect of more fish soup lifts her spirits and again she finishes off her plate, cleaning even the juices/sauces off with ample amounts of 'Ship biscuit'. To Herbert/Rosie and any one in particular she says,

"That Plugg?" She holds up a finger,

"He don't know he be in'a competition." She holds up a second finger beside the first.

"He don't know the rules." She holds up a third finger,

"HE don't even know how t' keep th' score." And finally she holds up a fourth finger and simply grins happily....

Awaiting any character's interaction with the 'Fourth finger'. (^_~)

Evening Actions&Rum rations:

Sunny does her est to water her Rum down into more 'hospitable' Grog which she sharers liberally with Herbert and Rosie.

• Entertain - Make 1 Perform check to entertain the crew

Make a Perform check to entertain the crew. This is generally sea shanties, songs, or something similar. If you hit DC 20, you gain a +2 bonus to all Cha-based checks made to interact with any listener in the crew (including as part of the Influence action) for the next 24-hours.

Perform (Dance):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 (Any bonuses for Sunny possibly not having received her shirt back)

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7(Since Sunny is staying up and 'Party-ing' (^_^))

Oooo...Sunny's gon'a be a tad slow come th' morrow. :P


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

damn you Sunny. Now I have to revise what I am going to too most likely. I am going to think about how to do this.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

(^_^) Hehehe...


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

you could always give her YOUR shirt.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

gm this happens before my other post
Seeing that Sunny did not pick up her shirt I am still in awe of her and it takes me several minutes more to gain composure but when I do I go out and grab her shirt and then go over to her with it I whisper in her ear as I give her the shirt

gm and sunny only:

Sunny you know that you are a very pretty elf maid and I umm well as much as I do not want you too I think you need to put your shirt back on please [ooc] glances down at her chest during this several times and then gulps deeply I dare say from the moment I have seen you in that tavern I was drawned to you and now you go and do this. I am in total shock and have to tell you now that I ughhh ummm would really like to get to know you some more and have a romp around the hammock one night with you. I am not a word smith at all. I would like to have a relationship of some sort with you hopefully a long one at that. If you would like to or you just want a company of a man come find me tonight on my hammock and we can talk or gulps deeply or perhaps something else tonight if you wish. But for your sake so nothing bad happens to you I suggest you put this back on as much as I would love to see you with it off
if she puts her shirt back on after I leave I go about and do by things and wait if she doesn't I still do those items above I just sulk around while doing them


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herb's rum finds its way toward the ocean again.

stealth check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

After making his way close to Sunny, Herbert says, "Sunny you are one of the bravest people aboard this vessel. Please, save it for when it matters. Any one of us can take a few lashes. The reckless gambit you tried earlier was a dangerous move. This ship is full of pirates;pirates who try to plug a leak in the bilges with their shor'meat. Imagine what they'd do to you. I would like to sleep without that unpleasantness following me around. So please be careful.

This one risks a lot to help me. She deserves something special from me. If I trade with Grok maybe I could get her something worthy.

As a night action I would like to attempt to influence the Master Gunner.
Hello Riaris, we met earlier. I was the messenger running for all I was worth. I like the way you operate. Your directives were to the point and logical. I am drawn to good sailors and repelled by louts.' Herbert's eyes flash to Mr. Plugg and Scourge as the word louts pours over his tongue.

diplomacy:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Again Herb makes his way toward Sunny, "Tell me about yourself Sunny. I feel I should know the woman who risked herself for me."


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will drink deeply. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
cha bonus 1d4 ⇒ 3

Alestone will continue to be boring and sleep off his fatigue


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Before going to bed Alestone will chat with his compatriots a bit.

"Too many more days down in da bilge and I fear the soggys'll never come out."

Alestone looks down at what is current passing for his pants and sighs.

"We've got ta be careful on board, seems like there's lots o' rules nobody's bothered ta tell us. We let them scum sucker us this mornin'. I fell into it just as 'ard as the rest o' ya but we've got to be more careful movin' forward.

If there's anythin' I can do to help ya out lemme know. I'm not too familiar with the runnin's of a pirate boat, but I do know a thing or two 'bout sailing. Even though most of y'all been holdin' yer meals down, a tip in case you start ta get queasy: stand up tall on deck and look out o'er the horizon. It'll help get you feelin' right again."


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

"Thanks Alestone, if my stomach starts to bother me I'll remember your advice," Herbert assures the Dwarf.

Herbert's look grows serious and he leans into his next statement, "I think you'll find as many rules as it takes to keep us beaten...on the edge of broken. Justice isn't served by any of the rules or punishments aboard this floating dungheap. Regardless, you're right. We must stay alert and united."


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,
Quote:
Lanliss whispered a LOT of stuff...
Quote:
Herbert said a lot of stuff...

As she stands between Lanliss and Herbert, giggling a little as Lanliss' words tickle her hear, She seems to manage keeping track of who is saying what about which from both of the men at the same time. Absently throwing her returned shirt over her shoulder, Sunny grins at them both.

She looks to Lanliss, "Matey, you an' me is gon'a have a slower talk when we's not busy, hey?" She taps the end of his nose absently with a finger as she explains things to her Elven cohort. As she wanders with them towards the hatch down to dinner she turns to Herbert,

"As fer yer comments, I weren't bein' 'Foolhadry' at-tall. My kin live out on'a islands. Whut sort o' peoples does ye think we's gets comin' driftin' in from'a ocean, hey?" finishing her chat with a wink to Herbert.

When Herbert approaches her after dinner (And possibly before she joins in the fun and dancing.) asking her questions she replies happily.

"Ah, well...me kin live on'a islands off t' th' East o' here." She explains helpfully. "Though I dun't want's to bore ye with chatter about's things on'a island." She smiles then giggles at a thought,

"Here! Ye know how Lanliss got me shirt back? Did ye know t'is th' first one I have ever owned since leavin' home?" (^_^)

"When I climbed up on'a docks back in...um...whut ever town that were...an' were walkin' along down th' planks there came all sorts o hullabaloo!" Her giggle turns to a chortle,

"Seems t'were m'self what were causin' said ruckus. T'which, I'd barely pulled me chest up besides me, when some folk had thrown this over me head." (^_^)

Sunny beams, seeming quite amused/taken/intrigued by her tale.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Nods to Sunny when she states that they will talk later what the heck does she mean by that? I gather as long as she puts that shirt back on nothing too bad will happen to her tonight.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

The tailor in Herbert is shocked. Never owned a shirt... That's it, if I can get my hands on some silk, I'll make her a fine shirt.

"I didn't mean to sound like an old crone, I'm a bit of a worrier. I wish to be rid of this ever-present feeling of impending doom. How long can we all walk on eggshells? If one of us cracks, it's a trip around the ship the LONG way; a one way trip."

Herbert stands and walks in the direction of his hammock. He glances back at the others. The worry shows. Herb's eyes linger on his new found mates, long enough to let them know he worries about all their necks. Herbert turns away. Sleep comes on the back of a turtle.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Sunny laughs at Herbert's 'pessimism',

"Hey now, ye dun't have t' worry about none scenic trips around the ship. Remember, th' Captain said he can't afford t' be killin' peoples out of hand. I think they done in Ol' Magpie 'cause he'd just stepped too far out o' line." (^_^)

Though looking towards a night of fun and dancing, then a little rest before the next day's trials begin. :P


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will attempt to teach the crew / his compatriots a drinking song


Oom pah pah, oom pah pah, that's how it goes
Oom pah pah, oom pah pah, everyone knows
they all suppose what they want to suppose when they hear oom pah pah
There's a little ditty they're singin' in the city
Especially when they've been on the gin or the beer
If you've got the patience your own imaginations will tell you just exactly what you want to hear
Oom pah pah, oom pah pah, that's how it goes
Oom pah pah, oom pah pah, everyone knows
And they all suppose what they want to suppose when they hear oom pah pah


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I sit in my hammock after my scouting around and hope that Sunny decides to visit tonight. I know she had a lot more to drink tonight I am pondering if she did not end up in anyone else's bed. I hope that she will at least fall asleep here. I would be good I would not want anything to get my head chopped odd I am not sure how the capt would feel about this


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

T'is still the night where Sunny goes and enjoys some dancing and other revelry with folks. (^_~)with


Shade Psion 18

Second Night on board the Wormwood

GM Secret Roll:

1d100 ⇒ 19

Alestone:

At least part of the crew seems to enjoy singing along with the song, but a good section of them either snort and pass what you can guess as jokes amongst themselves, or simply ignore you. You notice that the ones staying apart and cracking jokes at your expense are the same ones that ambushed you all this morning.

Herbert:

You easily manage to he the fish drunk. Congrats.

Riaris looks you up and down and chuckles to herself for a moment, "Well, aren't ya' th' most precious lil' thing I seen in a while." She shakes her at you and thumbs over towards Scourge and Plugg. "If ya' know what's good fer ya'self, we'll keep yer fool head down, ya' sun-addled, wobbly-legged, no-good excuse for a land-lubber. I'll be lettin' our SUPERIOR officer know 'bout this lil' discussion we done 'ave. I'm sure he'll be wantin' to know 'bout yer oh-pinion of him."

She shakes her head as she walks over to Plugg and Scourge, mumbling something about "damned daft fools."

It doesn't seem like Riaris can be won over. You can give me a Sense Motive check to get a better read on why.


Duo:

You crawl into your hammock undisturbed by the other sailors. The rocking of the ship, the fatigue of the day, and the rum in your belly make quick work of your consciousness as you lay there, and you quickly succumb to slumber.

Aoro:

You dump your rum. The fish are getting really drunk now.

You find Grok as she's exiting her office. She turns around from just having locked the door, when you greet her. It's obvious that she's drunk, but not insensibly so.

"Ain'tcha a cute one? I think... I met yer frrriend a bit earlier. He's a cute one, too. She looks you up and down. "Ya' here on business 'r pleashure?" She pauses for a moment as a slightly goofy smile crosses her face. "Bettin' its buschiness. Schad." Her smile droops slightly. "I'm goin' ta' go drink with ol' Fishguts, an' I locked up th' shtore. It'sh closhed fer the night, but I'll get schomthing fer ya', supposin' ya' can ah-ford it." She waits for a moment, clenching a bottle of rum, but her face shows that an idea just came to her, "You wanna join me an' Fishguts?" She offers you the bottle.

Grok is now Helpful.
You can either pay for anything you want to purchase, or attempt to get Grok to loan it or simply give it, to you. Except for buying something, you need to make a Diplomacy check to secure her aid.


Lanliss:

You approach "Cog" and offer him greetings and your rum ration. He looks blankly at you for a moment. "Are ya' tryin' ta' earn lashes fer both of us? Drink yer rum. I don't want it, nor nothin' ta' do with ya'." He grumbles underneath his breath before starting to walk away, but he stops suddenly and spins about, throwing a punch straight for your face.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 nonlethal

He yells, "Stupid git, that were yer plan, right?!" Master Scourge takes note of the sudden violence, and strides up the two of you, cracking his whip. "The hells is goin' on here?"

"Cog" is now Hostile.

Later that Night
You sneak down to the quartermaster's office while the res of the crew, except the night watch, are asleep. At one point, a sentry, a fat man, one of those that you all fought with at the beginning of the day, walks by with a lantern in hand, necessitating a quick dive behind some of the ballista parts in the hold.

After he passes, you approach the door and find it locked.

Do you want to change your nighttime action to sneak to another part of the ship?


Sunny:

Hmmm... Okay, I'll give you a +2 for dancing about without a shirt. Gives you a 20 total.

You dance and celebrate with the crew, but when the time for sleep rolls around, they've all left. Many of them give you thanks for the wonderful performance that you gave, some straight forwardly, more quite lecherously. Most of the latter leered at you for the duration of your performance. However, the bottom line is that everyone seemed to enjoy your performance, and you are asked to perform again the following evening.

Unless you want to take another ship action during the night, there is no need for a check to avoid fatigue.

Day 3 - Daytime

GM Secret Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 79
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d6 ⇒ 2

You all awaken to the haunting bells of the ship's clock along with the rest of the crew down in the lower hold. They crawl out of their berths and begin to make their way up to the deck, groups forming as they do. Some are merely talking amongst themselves, but one group in particular is throwing dirty glances back your way and talking quietly amongst themselves. This group of six is easily recognizable as the pirates that you've had the most trouble with so far.

Sandara Quinn walks up to the group and falls in stride with everyone, "Well, looks like you all have made a right good group of friends already." She nods to the group of scoundrels glaring at you. "Since most of 'em are the ones that spend more time with Plugg and Scourge than any of the other crew, walking with you all ain't a bad idea, long as you'll let me."

When you all reach the deck, and Aoro splits off to join Fishguts in the Galley, Master Scourge glares at the lot of you for a moment before going down the line and assigning jobs. The haunting bells of the clock ring again just as he begins to hand out jobs. Sunny heads over to the riggers near Mr. Plugg. Scourge waits to hand your jobs out last.

"Dwarf, your kind are solid and stable. You'll be hauling rope and makin' knots today. You do remember how to tie?" Scourge chuckles to his inane joke. Alestone will be doing Hauling and Knot Work today.

He steps in front of Herbert, a sneer on his face. "Hunt down the rats in the hold, rat." Herbert will be doing Rat Catcher today.

Next up is Duo. He yells loudly, slowly, and makes idiotic gestures that for some reason he must think aids in communication. "You... are... going... to... run... messages... for... the... officers! He makes a running gesture with his fingers. His face contorts with each word, that it's more comical than anything else. You've got the "Runner" job today.

Lastly, he grins as he steps in front of Lanliss. "I'm sure you'll be good company for the dwarf. I need another person on the ropes today." You're assigned the task Hauling and Knot Work today.

Plugg looks at the elf in front of him. "Someone needs to be workin' the lines today. That'd be you, elf." Sunny is assigned the Line Work job.

Aoro walks in the Galley to see a moderately sober Fishguts stirring a couple of pots of soup. He looks up at you, "Mornin' ta' ya'. Ah've already got th' soup started, but there needs ta' be sum veg'tables innit. Get ta' chopin' an' we shoulda 'ave sum time ta' kill afore din'er." Kroop is sober today, so you don't need to make any checks to make diner.

Alright, feel free to post Daytime actions.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9


Hauling and Knot Work (Prof Sailor) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Looking around the quartermaster's (Perception) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

(The info sheet says I'm currently fatigued, I think I should be fine after resting, if I'm wrong please subtract 2 from all my skill rolls)

Alestone will fail to laugh at Scourge's joke but does fail miserably to conceal his grin at being "promoted" out of the bilge.

Once there he chat's gleefully with Lanliss, clearly his spirits raised by the fresh sea air.

"Ay, glad to see you up top side 'ere wit' me Lanliss. Dem bilges is no place fer any sorta man for long, even an elf. The sea breeze 'ere reminds me o' sailin' off the coast o' Taldor: nice, but some'ow unsettlin'."


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)


Day 3 - Daytime Action: Shop
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Having helped Fishguts out a bit he visits the quartermaster Grok.

"Well how are you today, thanks for inviting me last night. Good company and drink are the best before a good nights rest. I was wondering if I could have that halfling's violin, it would do wonders for her mood and make the ship a better place for it if you ask me."

I will assume I could not ask the favor last night, so asking now.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

no I do not want to change my action
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 3- Daytime Action: Shop
Rope work check (Profession Sailor)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Minus 2 built in for shoping
Fatigue check
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Alestone, it is nice to work with you again sir. I am glad that we're working together again. Your Right, I am sure that I will not get that smell out of my clothes for a long long time Alestone. Looking around and seeing only see Alestone do you have any clue on even what dirrection we are heading? I am bascially lost out here. I would like to know in which dirrection we are traveling
Being up on deck again I let my eyes drift upwards several times through the day looking at Sunny.
Stealth check to make sure no one sees me
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
after a while when it is slow and I can make it down to the quatermasters area, I go there and speak to Grok
Grok, I am good friend of Aoro's and I am pondering if it might be possible that I might be able to get some of my items back. I am dire need of getting my book back and my vials. My Weapon is something that I can live with out at the moment if you can't give it to me but my book and my vials back so things do not get mixed up and things do not explode back there.


Shade Psion 18

Day 3
Scourge will scowl at Alestone's grin as the dwarf heads off to start his work for the day.

You've recovered from Fatigue. Assume that anytime you don't take an extra night action and get a full night's sleep you recover from Fatigue. The Sleep nighttime action allows you to recover from both Fatigue and Exhaustion.

GM Secret Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 62

Alestone:
You manage to sneak away from the ropes at a lull just before the end of the work shift and make your way into the upper hold towards the quartermaster's office. As you pass the Kroop's and Grok's lodgings, you can hear the two of them carousing inside. They must already be drinking. You make your way through the Galley, and check the storeroom's door, which is unlocked. Grok must've forgotten to lock it. Checking inside, you can see that there are two tuns of rum, two wooden lockers, two wooden chests, a wooden trunk, and a metal trunk. Just then, you hear the door between the Galley and Kroop's and Grok's bunk room open, and the sound of Grok friendly shouting something to Kroop and them both laughing. You take the opportunity to make yourself scarce, closing the door and sneaking quickly back up onto to deck to finish the day.

Aoro:
Actually, she seemed to be receptive to shopping last night, just because you're such good friends. Slight miscommunication, but I'll let you get the extra shopping done today. Grok's in a good mood. Did you join her and Fishguts in drinking last night?

After letting you into her office, the half-orc listens to your request with a smile on her face.

"Sure thing, cutie." She winks at you. "Just don't be tellin' anyone 'bout the 'loan.' Someone asked, ya' paid in full." She walks back to a wooden locker, in which you can see a great deal of gear stored, including items of your own that haven't been recovered yet. She grabs the violin, a bit roughly, out of the locker and hands it over to you. "Anythin' else I can be helpin' ya' with?"

Lanliss:
Make a Diplomacy check for me if you're trying to get Grok to simply return your belongings.

"Well, hun, I can't just be handin' such things over. They're th' cap'n's property now. Ya' gotta pay just like th' rest of the crew." She sighs and leans back in the chair she's sitting in.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 3

"Look, I am trying to saev your life here Grok, the stuff that I have if handled improperly will go ahead and not only blow you up but also blow the ship to smitherens. you do not want that on your head do you? I hope she understands that I am not lying to her that it could if mixed wrong

Diplomacy check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 3

Yes he joined them. Btw all his gear was returned already thanks to Fishguts so I dont really need to shop, can I gather information on the crew. So I can see who best to befriend next.

Diplomacy if needed
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Taking the violin and putting it away he looks around.

"Your secrets are safe with me I promise you. So you know any of the stories on the crewmen?"

Dice being nice to me today xP


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,
DM Bound Shade wrote:

Day 3 Daytime

Sandara Quinn walks up to the group and falls in stride with everyone,
"Well, looks like you all have made a right good group of friends already." She nods to the group of scoundrels glaring at you.
"Since most of 'em are the ones that spend more time with Plugg and Scourge than any of the other crew, walking with you all ain't a bad idea, long as you'll let me."

At the lass introducing herself to 'The group' Sunny's reply is to giggle, skip over and give the other woman a friendly, firm hug.

"Aye! O'course I be happy t' let ye share time an' space wit m'self!" She exclaims. "When I get me hands on'a nice big jug, I'll be happy t'share me grog with ye an' all!" She informs Sandara, before skipping off and seeing about breakfast.

DM Bound Shade wrote:
Plugg looks at the elf in front of him. "Someone needs to be workin' the lines today. That'd be you, elf." Sunny is assigned the Line Work job.

Sunny did not bother trying to find her shirt the previous evening. She's quite happy to wake up and report for duty with what clothing she has left. :P

At Plugg's orders Sunny bounces up straight and waves a hand beside her brow.

"Aye sir!" She calls her understanding/acknowledgement, before scampering off and seeing to the rope work assigned.

Profession Sailor:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Sunny won't shirk and will give the whole day her best. Happy to chatter away with whom ever she's been assigned the duties with. (^_^)

Just a question. Is 'Line Work' being up in the rigging? If so Sunny's acrobatics should give a +2 to that, being so high and all.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

checks:

acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 (3 dex 4 work hard bonus)
fatigue: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Duo smiles semi shyly when Sandara walks up her words and gestures help him get what shes talking about. He gently grabs her hand with a smile and nods his head as if to say, "you are very welcome to walk with us."

When Scourge starts talking to Duo he nods at the end. Scourge's idiotic gestures and slow communication makes Duo sigh slightly. He likes this job best although he wished to cook more but, that wasn't to be. This being te second time he was a runner he hoped it would work out like the last time but, only time would tell.

If i missed something let me know the game play boards aren't showing new posts for me but, the discussion thread is.


Shade Psion 18

Day 3

GM's Secret Roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Lanliss:
Grok's eyes go wide for a moment. She shakes her head and blinks, before holding a finger up and giving an exasperated sigh. She turns about and walks over to one of the wooden lockers and, grabbing a key from a keyring on her belt, unlocks it. She pulls out several things, which you can easily identify as your pilfered belongings, and gingerly places them at your feet. "I don't wan' none of these things near me, again, go it. Bad enough all th' oil an' smokepowder we've got on board. Now, shoo!" She waves you off and closes the door, a look of worry on her face.

Aoro:
Grok looks up in thought for a moment, giving you a good look at the nasty scar across her throat. It's quite a sight, even on a half-orc. She's lucky to be alive, let alone able to speak.

She looks back down at you. "Well, I've heard th' varisian man... 'Cog' I think it is, tellin' stories wit a lotta blood an' gore." She chuckles, "Although a lotta th' men here like such tales. He jus' don't tell anythin' else."

A serious look crosses her face, and she looks you in the eye. "What I'm sayin' next is jus' 'tween you, me, an' yer friends, right? Some of th' crew be eatin' outta Plugg's hands. Best ya' be stayin' away from 'em. Aretta, Jape, Narwhal, Fipps, Maheem, an' Syl. Now, off wit ya' before someone be noticin' ya' down here flappin' yer jaws. Can't be lettin' mess up that pretty face of yers." She shoves you out the door and closes it. You can hear her lock the door.


Sunny:
It's pretty obvious what Plugg is paying attention to as he gives you your orders. His eyes go wide for a second as she bounces up at his orders and the look of desire is pretty obvious across his face. You catch his gaze lingering on you just a bit too long compared to the other riggers during the day.
No, Line Work is not up in the rigging. It's mostly on deck, hoisting sails and tieing and untieing the lines as needed. I need a Constitution check from you to avoid Fatigue.

Duo:
Sandara jerks a little as you grab her hand, but relaxes a bit when she looks over and sees who it is. She nods back to you, even with a smile, but a vague look crosses her face. It's momentary, just a flash, but a little something goes off in your head about her response.

Waiting for Herbert's Day Action and job rolls.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

*Salutes* (^_^)

Day 3:

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

As the day wears on and Sunny is not cooled by the winds blowing through the sail tops she feels the heat of the sun beating down upon her.

So to alleviate things, though possibly not soon enough, she simply takes the wrap of cloth from around her waist and fashions a head scarf with it. (^_^)

Sunny will be slightly less fun in the evening as she tries to shake off the heat effects of the day.


Shade Psion 18

Day 3

Duo:
Despite the your dedication to the job, it seems like fate itself is working against you. Coils of rope, buckets, and other objects manifest mysteriously just around corners as you're running, giving you all manner of obstacles to trip over. The ship heaves to one side just as you're shifting your balance, the perfect time to throw you off balance and onto the deck. Several times when rounding the corner, you nearly bump into another sailor, who barely manages to dodge out of your way, their shouted curses only noticed if you should look back to apologize. These kinds of things keep occurring throughout the day.

At one point, after having tripped over a coil of rope that was thrown aside by "Cog", you notice a shadow suddenly darken the deck ahead of you. When you look up, Master Scourge is standing above you.

I've been gettin' complaints about your performance today, and now I find you layin' down on the job. I'll be seein' you at the... BLOODY... HOUR... He accents the last two words sharply and speaks them slower than the rest. Scourge holds up three fingers. Three lashes for you. That ought to learn you to work faster.

He turns away and you can see his shoulders shake from laughing.

Nighttime

The haunting bells of the ship's clock resound throughout the Wormwood, signalling the end of the day's work. The crew gathers up on deck for the "Bloody Hour." Master Scourge stands next to the mast, an eager look on his face while he waits for the crew to finish assembling. Captain Harrigan and First Mate Plugg can be seen on the poop deck, watching the spectacle from above.

DM's Secret Rolls:

Quinn
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Rosie
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
"Cog"
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Giffer
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
1d20 ⇒ 7
???
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tilly
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
"Badger"
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
???
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Aretta
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fipps
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Jape
1d6 ⇒ 5
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 ⇒ 19
???
1d6 ⇒ 4
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
???
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
???
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Maheem
1d6 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
???
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Narwhal"
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

When everyone has assembled on deck, Scourge bellows, "Well, it looks like there's a big crowd wantin' to hug the mast tonight! Jack, Aretta, Jape, and Duo have all failed at performin' adequately in their tasks this day!'

DM's Secret Rolls:

Jack
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 2
Aretta
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 1
Jape
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 3

Master Scourge points to a young Taldan boy trying to hide in the crowd. Alestone, you remember the boy helping with the ropes as well earlier, but he spent too much time ignoring his work and carving a bits of scrimshaw. "Jack, you're up first! 'Narwhal' and Fipps, if you'd be so kind." The two drag the boy, who seems to shrink as he's brought forth, before Scourge, and tie Jack to the mast. Scourge gleefully lays into the boy's back with his whip. Jack screams with each stroke and after being untied, he slumps to the deck for a moment before scampering back into the crowd. Scourge laughs at the sight. Sandara moves up to Jack in the crowd and begins to tend to him.

"Up next, Aretta!" She walks forward and wraps her arms around the mast, a blank look on her face. 'Narwhal' and Fipps tie her to the mast and Scourge lays into her back. She bites her lip, but can't help screaming on the second stroke. After being untied, she walks back into the crowd, slouching slightly, a look of pain on her face.

"Jape!" The half-orc steps out of the crowd with a grin on his face and wraps his arms around the post. Without being tied to the mast, Scourge delivers three strokes to the half-orc, who takes each without more than a grunt. As Jape walks back to the group, a grin is still visible on his face and he flexes his muscles towards the sailors.

"Last one, DUO!" Master Scourge points at Duo as he speaks. 'Narwhal' and Fipps move forward to escort him to the mast and tie Duo's arms to the blood-stained rope strung around the mast. Scourge steps close to the Oracle for a moment and turns his face to look directly into his eyes.

Duo:
You can feel Scourge's hot, fetid breath on your face. You and your 'friends' are a no good lot that we never should of picked up from Port Peril. We'll be seein' a lot of each other on this voyage. Don't be gettin' any smart plans in that head of yours.

Master Scourge pulls back from Duo and shoves his face back towards the mast. He strikes three times with his whip.

Whip Stroke One: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Whip Stroke Two: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Whip Stroke Three: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Duo is untied by 'Narwhal' and Fipps and allowed to return to the group of sailors. Sandara Quinn rushes up next to him, "I hate to do this, since it'll heal those other scoundrels." She grabs the holy symbol of Besmara clasped around her neck and focuses for a moment. A wave of healing energy washes over the crowd.

Sandara's Channel Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

Master Scourge speaks up, "Well, that's the end of this bit of entertainment for tonight, sadly. Time for dinner!" He looks at Fishguts and Aoro.

Fishguts nods to Aoro, "Time ta' go git th' crew's supper." He leads Aoro, Grok following to the ship's stores, below to the Galley to grab the pots and all three return to the decks and begin to serve the food and rum to the crew.

Please post your nighttime actions as well what you're doing with your rum rations. If you're going to take extra night actions, remember that each extra action, up to two, requires you to make a Con check against an increasing DC to avoid Fatigue the next day. You do not recover from Fatigue during the night if you take any extra nighttime actions.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

Night time 3:

Sunny, who was also slouching as the various crew members where draped around the mast, eats of whatever is put in front of her and then wanders towards where ever every one is dancing and singing.

The days activities have taken their toll on even her seeming bright nature and she can only offer wan smiles as she shuffles off to her hammock early, nursing her ration of Rum.

Going to try and get enough rest to not be fatigued on the next day.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)


Day 3, Night

Diplomacy (Influence)
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Stealth (Rum Dispose)
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

After his duties are done during dinner he seeks out the foul mouthed halfling. Upon finding her he hands the violin over with a smile.

"I think this belongs to you. We should help each other out and stick together sense we were brought aboard at the same time you know. If their is anything else I can be of use for by all means ask."

Once he has a chance he gets rid of his rum yet again.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Nighttime Day 3

rolls:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 To ask Sandara to tell me about Besmara tonight.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 To ask for his gear back from Grok.
stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 not drinking rum.

Duo did his best to smile at the pain being inflicted upon him. As Duo read Scourge's lips it made the effort to smile less difficult. There was fear in the mans words. It was in that moment Duo figured out what he wanted his first step to be in getting closer to the Beautiful Miss. Sandara.

When Sandara Quinn rushed up next to him, "I hate to do this, since it'll heal those other scoundrels." She grabs the holy symbol of Besmara clasped around her neck and focuses for a moment. A wave of healing energy washes over the crowd. Duo took a moment after she healed him to gently tug on her sleeve wanting to ask her a question.

Once he was sure he had her attention he asked shyly,"Would she tell him about her deitie before bed tonight? If that is alright by her, he will wait for her in the crew quarters. As it seems the best place not to get interrupted while lip reading."

If its been missed Duo's been "drawing" words on Lanliss's arm to have his words spoken to the group.

After supper Duo, will pay a quick visit to Grok to try to get some more if not all of his gear back. He then will wait for Sandara to "hear" all about Besmara.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Day 3, Night
Drink Deep (Fort) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Entertain (Perform) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Alestone will once again drink deeply while leading a drinking song.

Song:
“Who’s that knocking at my door?

Who’s that knocking at my door?

Who’s that knocking at my door?”

Cried the fair young maiden

“It’s me, my love, it’s only me,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“It’s me, my love, it’s only me,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“Where were you for seven years?” x3

Cried the fair young maiden

“I’ve been to sea, I’ve been to sea,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“I knew that you would wait for me,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“I detect the smell of rum” x3

Cried the fair young maiden

“I’ve only had a drink or two,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“I’m only drunk with love for you,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“Come and meet your son of six” x3

Cried the fair young maiden

“A sailor’s pay won’t do for three,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor

“Farewell, I’m off across the sea,” cried Barnacle Bill the sailor[/b]


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 3 -night time actions
rum action - dispose
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Diplomacy(Influence) Giffer Tibbs
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

As I watch Sunny shuffle off to her hammack I decide that the more friends the better. I decide to go over to Giffer and sit down next to her "'ello Giffer I wanted come over and speak with you for a bit if you don't mind. I speak with her about her duties on the ship ect trying to make her less hostile towards me.


Shade Psion 18

Day 3

Nighttime

Sunny:
You weren't fatigued by the day's exertions. You don't need to use the Sleep action to relieve fatigue, just don't take any extra night actions other than the one. So, mechanically, you're fine. If you're just roleplaying it up, go right ahead. Just wanted to make sure you're clear on everything. :)

Also, I need a rum action from you.


Aoro:
A look of surprise and then joy appears on the halfling's face. My... my f#*$in' violin! How in the bloody hells did you get that? Ya' know what, I couldn't give one s*+* less! Ya' got my f#!&in' violin back! She throws her arms around you, at least as far as they can wrap, in a momentary hug. As she backs away from you, heading toward the holds, she points at you. "Ya're the best, lubber! I'll be rememberin' this! She turns and bolts down into the hold.

Rosie Cusswell has been made Helpful.


Duo:
Sandara smiles as she gets the request from Duo. "You wish to hear more about the Pirate Goddess?" She laughs. "Of course. What kind of priestess would I be, if'n I failed to educate someone about her church?" She grins at Duo and helps him onto his feet. "Good as new, eh? Anythin' hurtin'?

You notice that Sandara is actively trying to make sure that you have a good look at her face while speaking.

You wander over to Grok, who is on deck at the moment, drinking and carousing with the rest of the crew. As you start to ask for your gear, she waves you off, "Ta'morrow, ta'morrow. Sheesh! I'll be in th' shtore ta'morrow an' ya' can vizit me then, alllright?!" She doesn't seem upset, just eager to get back to the festivities. As you walk away, you can hear her yell, "Fipps, that be a buncha' b*~+&@+&, an' ya' know it!"

You will need to take the Shop action tomorrow to recover your things from Grok, but you won't need to make a check. The check you just made was sufficient.

Later, in the lower hold:

You've been waiting by your hammock, when Sandara makes her way down. Judging by her step, she's slightly intoxicated. There's just a slight bit of a wobble to her normally confident stride.

"Besmara, eh? Well, first off, she's a pirate, through and through. The title 'The Pirate Queen' fits her oh so perfectly, an' her priests are just like her. Pragmatic, practical, selfish, and caring only for th' freedom to do whatever we want. She also governs monsters of the seas and s&##ty weather, so I wouldn't go pissin' her off, unless you're lookin' for a storm to roll your ship..." She goes quiet for a moment. "There anything in particular you want to know about her?"

You can continue the conversation, just note it separately in posts, but I'm gonna move the action to the next day.

@Alestone: You begin your song in front of the crowd, but they quickly begin to grow restless. After a few more lines of the song, they begin to shout and yell for you to stop. You are quickly shouted down.

Lanliss:

Giffer speaks with you about the various tasks you've been performing on the deck and below as fellow swabs. You share a couple of jokes, and engage in some idle talk, but fail to hit a real accord with her.

Eventually, you all end up getting some sleep in your hammocks. You're all awoken from your sleep by the haunted ringing of the ship's clock. You all travel with the rest of the sailors up onto the main deck to receive your orders, while Aoro heads to the Galley.

DM's Secret Rolls:

Sunny: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Aoro: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Fishguts' Drunk Check: 1d100 ⇒ 34
Duo: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Alestone: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Lanliss: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Herbert: 1d6 ⇒ 1 - Reroll 1d6 ⇒ 1 - Reroll 1d6 ⇒ 2

Master Scourge again reaches your group last, he hands out jobs once again, sneering at the entire group.

He comes to Duo first, "Catch... vermin... in.. the... hold!" The idiotic gestures and facial expressions make their inglorious return. Duo has been assigned the Rat Catcher job.

He steps over to Alestone. "There's a couple of leaks starting to form below decks. Get a bucket of tar and cover up the holes." Alestone's been assigned the Repairs job.

Lanliss is second to last in line. "You're gonna be movin' rope for the riggers. Don't mess it up, or the lines will foul and then you'll have both the riggers and me to deal with. They'll just yell..." He grins, the light sparkling off a couple of gold teeth. Lanliss has been assigned the Hauling and Knot Work job.

Scourge steps over to Herbert. "Help that fool catchin' vermin." He chuckles to himself and walks off. Herbert got the Rat Catcher job with Duo.

Over with the group of riggers, Plugg points to Sunny, "You'll be working the mainsail today." He moves onto the next sailor without any fanfare. Sunny's got the Mainsail job today.

When Aoro enters the Galley, he finds Fishguts slumped over a cutting board, the fish barely even gutted. The water on the stove is already boiling, but there's nothing in it. Any attempts to motivate or even have Fishguts, just result in drunken rambling. Grok quickly pokes her head out of the store. "That's Ambrose for you. Here, let's get him into bed." She helps you carry Fishguts to his bed, around which set several bottles of rum in various levels of fill. "Well, looks like yer th' cook today. Good luck!" She walks off to the store and you can hear her lock the door. You've got the Cooking task. You'll need to make either a Profession(cook) or Intelligence check to make a passable meal.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade:
*Nods* Ah, is all god. As for Rum rations? Same thing she's done each time. Mix it with water into Grog and share it around. :)

Day 4:

Come the call to rise and shine, Suny swings out of her hammock and skips up onto the deck with every one else. Fully recovered from the previous day's exertions she is again all bounce and giggles. (^_^)

She stands ready with her companions amongst the crew and at Plugg's command she again bounces, salutes and scampers off to climb into the rigging.

Yes...Sunny forgot to done even her last scrap of cloth, so eager was she to muster on deck. (^_~)

Day 4 Mainsail rolls:

Profession sailor:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19(To add a bonus to her scampering about in the rigging)

DM Bound Shade:
Suny will try and drop out of the rigging early this day to see where her belongings might have been squirreled away to.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Day 4 Night:
Come the evening Suny is in a much better mood and quickly joins the singing, dancing and Rum sharing! (^_^)

Dance:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Squee! (^_^) Sunny be right entertainin'!


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 4
Cook (Int Check)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Aoro has a hard time alone but manages to pull it off, still he would make sure to talk people up. He wanted to avoid the lash and keep Fishguts from taking a hit too. Drunkness on a ship would not go over well, even for the cook.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 4 -Hauling and Knot
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fatigue Check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shirk:
take10 on craft alchemy
10 + 9 =19 to craft potion of vanish
stealth
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
--------------------------------------------------------------

I go about working on the hauling and knotting thru the day. When there is a little slack time I go and get away to craft a potion that will be quite usefull later in the day I believe.
*looks like I spend too much time today looking at Sunny*

Yells " Sunny put yer shirt back on !!!


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Repair Work 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Sneak (A10 - Lower Hold and Crew Quarters) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Despite being alone Alestone continues his banter as though he had friends nearby to listen.

"Ahh a spot o' tar 'ere an' dere. Not the nicest smellin' stuff ever but it sure beats the 'ell outa da bilge. I'm glad they're finally recognizing me talents. Of course my new friends are likely gonna get us all sunk, with all their riling an' stuff. If you can take the occasional beatin' this ship don't seem to bad, might pay better in the end than some jobs, 'less o' course some navy decide to sink us."

In between jobs Alestone will sneak down to the Lower Hold and Crew Quarters and take a peek at the unused lockers.

Back on deck Alestone will continue:

"Poor Lanliss, got him self all in a tizzy over Sunny. Not that there's anythin' to see there wit' her it'y bi'y elven ti'ies, though I 'spose he's an elf so he's into that kinda thing. Just need to make sure he's got a clear 'ead if danger comes a knockin'. Few thin's are worse than a sailor who's 'ead is in da clouds"


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

During the day banter back to Lanliss

Suny looks down at the leetle peoples on the deck, waaay below.

"I dun't know where it be!" She yells back with a freindly and carefree wave. (^_^)


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Day 3 Nighttime continued

DM Bound Shade:

Duo nods a little in response to her questions. He can't help but smile as she excepts and shows concern for him. He let her know he is fine know thanks to her help.

As Duo notices Sandara come down He smiles and moves to great her. He pays close attention to her words having a small amount of trouble understanding hear and there. He thinks carefully for a moment before carefully asking,"What brought you to chose Besmara as your goddess to worship? If I may be so bold as to ask."

rolls:

dex: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4 (+3 dex mod -2 to shop)

As Duo is assigned his task he rolls his eyes. Great, lets have someone who can't hear and doesn't move fast catch things... This can only end well... With that thought in mind he goes off to work. Mid way through he slips off to get his gear and ask if there is a place for him to keep most of it. After witch he goes back to his assigned task.
If there is a place to store it Duo will do so first


Shade Psion 18

Day 4

Daytime

Sunny:
Was the Fort save during the day for the Rum then? You also need to give me a Constitution check to avoid Fatigue.

By some stroke of insane luck, you manage to spot your belongings in a lock in Grok's store. You saw it when you were exploring the hold secretly and she had the door open, talking with Duo at the time.

Aoro:

What's your ship action for the day?

Lanliss:

You slink off to the lower hold and set up your lab just behind the stairs. You get a bit of the way into brewing your potion, when you hear someone coming down the stairs. There's the sound of voices as they begin to do something down here. You're forced to pack up your lab before you're found out and return to the deck to continue working.

You were almost found out by someone on the crew, preventing you from completing the potion. Your work is interrupted, but you haven't expended any of the 25gp worth of reagents needed.

Alestone:

You sneak off to the lower decks and search around the area. There's a number of unused lockers here, around 20, but none of them have locks on them. The ones that are used are easy to spot, since they've got locks that have seen better days. The unused lockers are completely empty.

Duo:

Day 3

Nighttime

Sandara shakes her head at you, a lock of her curly red hair falling into her face. She blows at it, to no avail, and then with an annoyed expression, she tucks it back under her hat. As she does, a charm tucked into a fold on the hat falls down, hanging in her face by a thin strip of leather. She looks at it for a moment, before huffing. "Alright, alright," her eyes move to look at you in the face, "But he ain't exactly askin' 'bout you..."

She leans against a nearby post, crossing her arms over her chest. "I grew up in Hell Harbor. My pa' was a fisherman there. It's a dangerous job, as I bet you know. Well, one day there came a great and sudden storm. It swallowed up the fishin' fleet, my pa' included. Cryin', I prayed to the goddess to save my pa'. He came back, his boat battered and he more so, but he was alive. The goddess had answered my prayers, so I decided to dedicate my life to her. I figured she had given him back to me and my family, so I'd pay her back by givin' her me. Equitable trade, right?" She pulls out her clay pipe and begins the process of filling the end with tobacco. "Well, there you have it. That's why I'm followin' the goddess. She's been good to me ever since, so there ain't no hard feelin's in it." She lights the end of the pipe.

Day 4

Daytime

You need to give me Constitution check to avoid Fatigue.

You knock on the door of the store and Grok slides open the port. "Oh, hello there... Duo, right? Ya' lookin' ta' get yer gear back? Well, I've got it fer ya', but don't be thinkin' this a handout, got it? Yer gonna be payin' me back, alright?" She winks a you before sliding the shutter shut. There's the noise of her rustling about in the room, before footsteps and the door opens. Grok grins at you, with your gear in hand. "Now, don't be forgettin', got it? She shoves the collection of your things into your hands and shuts the door.

Alestone, down in the Lower Hold, notices Jack come running out of the bilges with an ashen look to his face. He slams the trapdoor shut before rushing up the stairs. Aoro is on deck at the time, dumping a bucket of fishguts over the edge, while Lanliss and Herbert have come up from below to show Master Scourge their progress in catching rats. Jack comes bursting up onto deck, his face ashen, and runs straight to Plugg.

Aoro and Lanliss:

You can hear Jack talking with Plugg. "Somethin' swam outta the bilge water an' bit me! I swear, I was workin' hard when it happened. I ain't imaginin' it!" He points down to a bloody wound on his leg. Plugg scowls and looks around a bit, his gaze falling over you. He shoves Jack out of his way and strides in your direction.

Sunny, you can hear Mr. Plugg shout from below. "Elf, get outta the rigging! I've got another task for you!" He strides up to Scourge, "Master Scourge, go get the dwarf and the cook. I need to have a talk to them to them. There seems to be something that stowed away in the bilges." Master Scourge nods and walks over to Aoro, pointing for him to join the group at Plugg. "Get over there, you sad excuse for a cook, before Mr. Plugg decides he wants to see what Fishguts can make from your liver!" He then strides below decks and hunts down Alestone. "Up to Plugg, dwarf. Seems Jack found somethin' and the First Mate's got something for you to do!"

When everyone is gathered around Plugg, he looks over each person in the group. "Jack's been bitten by something in the bilges and I mean to find out what, or rather you all are. Then you're going to kill it. I don't want to see any of you all back up on deck without proof that whatever is down there is dead, got it? Good. Now get down there."

You've done your day actions for the day, but aren't fatigued yet if you failed a Constitution check.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

DM Bound Shade:

DM Bound Shade wrote:

Was the Fort save during the day for the Rum then? You also need to give me a Constitution check to avoid Fatigue.

By some stroke of insane luck, you manage to spot your belongings in a lock in Grok's store. You saw it when you were exploring the hold secretly and she had the door open, talking with Duo at the time.

Um...what Rum? Sunny has been watering it down a LOT into Grog.

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

As for seeing her chest (And hopefully her sword) Sweet! (^_^)

At Master Plugg's call Sunny simply grabs the right rope and swings down onto the deck.

Profession Sailor:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (To grab the right rope)

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 (To swing down to the deck)

Uh-oh! Not a good time to roll a fumbles! (-_-)

Sunny faw down, go splat. :P


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 4 - continued

walks over to Sunny and helps her up after her fall to the f
Ships deck

Looks at Mr. Plugg and just nods doesn't say anything to him after his words and just walks off to the hold

Once we get down off the deck I look at Aoro and says quietly

"if you can get our weapons before we hit the bilges we will stand a better chance then of we do not "


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Day 4

Daytime

more rolls:

As a rat catcher?
fatigue: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

DM:

Duo nods his head a little after Sandara's story. Duo becomes very silent for a moment almost to the point that it would feel uncomfortable. As a single tear falls onto his book he finally replies "Thank you for telling me Sandara. I can see why you chose to worship the goddess. After a bit of time asking questions like; Because, shes a Pirate does she have a flag? and a ship? Duo made sure to thank Sandara again for telling him all this and then "parted" ways for the night.

After storing his gear Duo heads back to work. Just keeping a pen and his "spell" book with him. Duo preps himself to fight what ever is down in the bilges and heal as needed.
Duo pulls out his book and scribbles, "I got the heals ready for everyone." before showing the group what he wrote down. This page of the book seems to have dried blood on it and Duo seems to be putting a thought out effort into placing his hand on some of it.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

"Owwie..." :(

101 to 150 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.