Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


51 to 100 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone has dark circles under his eyes, looks rather soggy and smells a bit like someone is trying to pickle him.

Alestone speaks to his gathered compatriots, his voice sounding much more regal that his current appearance.

"Ay lads, we seem to be a bit bent o'er the barrel 'ere. Thank ye fer yer kindness San'ara, muh name is Alestone, Alestone Rockridge."

Alestone turns and looks at his companions before continuing "I reckon things might look mighty poor right now, but I assure you sailin' can git much worse"

Alestone looks down and rubs his peg leg mournfully before continuing.

"At the moment I suggest we keep our 'eads down, till we figure out more what's goin' on. That Mr. Plugg seems a bit o' a sadist and seems in charge of our lot.

Alestone eye's quickly dart back and forth before he continues in more whispered tones.

"Before anybody thinks o' doin' nothin', we gotta learn the cap'ins true mo'ivations, 'cuz the best course o' action may be ta do our best' before departin' next time we dock. 'owevar, if the cap'in merely puts up with Mr. Plugg, we may want to for-mu-late a different plan"


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

[ooc] @everyone give me a while today before I post there is family stuff I need to take care of, sorry about it it will not be too long I hope


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

*Hugz* Lanliss. Wishing you and yours all the very best, mate!

Sunny nods and listens intently to what those at her table have to say before adding anything of her own.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

goaning and moaning and gorggy from the whipping I look around and watch everyone what they are doing for a while after my beating.

Perception check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
heal check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
I take no notice is what happens after my whipping untill dinner time, I am be supported up by Duo
After the hour is over and it time for dinner I just look and sit inbtweetn Sunny and Duo. Still kinda not feeling the best.

Smiling at Sunny when she rubs my shoulder I smile and say Thank you Sunny, you have alway been kind. I appericate your support

Looking at Duo and before I got a chance to say anything to him Sandra comes over and heals us.

does this take care of the exhusted state?

Thank you Sandra, and my friend here Duo is his name if you did not catch it before is proud and happy to meet you as well.

blushing as Sunny gives him a hug after the wave of engry flows thru me, I return the hug tightly and smile hugely at her when done.

Sandra sit down with us if you will I am happy that your skill at healing is better then mine at the moment, I need my formula book in order to be able to heal as well as you do. Also I know that my friend Duo is going to need his book back before long or he will most likely be overboard and I do not want that.

After Alestone Rockridge says his things.

whispering to the rest of the table only that mister pugg will go down by my hands. either I will poison him or I will kill him before too long. He's the sort of person that get's away with things for far too long.

Aoro Osris you were with the cook today did you learn anything that we should know here being new? or know where to get our stuff from? we are all in desperitate needs of our own items, Also I think it would be in our best intrest to get that halflings instrument back. She seems way to ornry not to have it besides there was something about her that might be able to help us out.

Sunny, again I want to thank you for the dance the other night too bad it kind of got cut short. all way now we're stuck on a ship together. Hopefully we can get off or we can find away not to be in such a bad postion for ourselves. Again also thank you for the hug it ment a lot to me.
[ooc] Looking straight at Duo so he can read my lips [ooc]
Duo, If you need anything during the night come find me
after that I excuse myself from the table after all of the talking is done and find a place where I can sleep for a while.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

After slipping back to his hiding place Herb joins the other captives. Herbert eyes Sandara appreciatively. For the first time in his life he feels under dressed.

"Hello Sandara, I'm Herb." Hebert says as he extends his hand. Herbert packs one of the pipes he found earlier and draws hard. A satisfying cloud of smoke hovers above his head.

He makes his way toward Alestone. A smile cracks on his face.

'Ahoy Dwarf, we had the misery of waking up together. The name is Herbert Degrasse. I have a trinket here that could make life on the Wormwood a little easier for the mono-pedal. I've much more use for a friend, Alesstone. Consider this a peace offering."

With that Herbert hands Alestone the metal cap for his peg. It is made of something rustproof and beautifully adorn with sea creatures large and small.

Herb settles in with his pipe. If I can convince one a day not to run me through... The thought trails off as Sandara grabs Herb's attention from across the way. Damn she makes a day like this much easier to bear.


Aoro:

She seems completely authentic and helpful.

You are still exhausted, but you are healed of any nonlethal damage.

Sandara seems pleased to meet all of you. As Lanliss mentions his and Duo's missing gear she nods and says, "I'll keep an eye out. Ol' Grok can be moody, but she can be convinced to hand over the goods. I got my precious symbol of Besmera back, as I told her it would curse her if she kept it. Worked like a charm."

But when Lanliss starts talking of offing Plugg she quiets him down. "You'd best keep thoughts like that to yourself or you'll be worse off than Magpie."

After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it warily. "Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

The rum aboard The Wormwood is potent. You have three options for how to deal with it.

Rum Rations:

Dispose: DC 10 Stealth Check. No bonus/penalty.

Sip/Make Grog: A pirate often waters the rum down with water, ale, or whatever other liquid might be handy/less potent. A pirate who nurses his rum, or dilutes it to make Grog makes a DC 10 Fortitude Save, or is fatigued (Note: Alestone is immune to the fatigue effect and need not make the save). 8 hours rest removes this fatigue. (Essentially failure means the PC needs to rest for a full night). This is a poison effect.

Drink Deeply: A true pirate drinks his rum and likes it! He makes a Fortitude save at DC 15 or takes 1d3-1 Con Damage. He also gains a 1d4 alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours (pass or failure). The next morning the PC must make a DC 10 will save or be fatigued until the PC can get 8 hours rest (Note: Alestone is immune to the fatigue effect and need not make the save). This is a poison effect.

After dinner each night, you have have a choice of what to do.

Nighttime Actions:

• Sleep - Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover Fatigue or Exhaustion)
• Gamble - Play or gamble on a pirate game of chance or entertainment (see spoiler)
• Entertain - Make 1 Perform check to entertain the crew (see spoiler)
• Influence* - Attempt to influence a single NPC.
• Sneak* - Take time exploring one area of the ship. PC may Take 20 on Perception or any other skill check but the PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.
• Steal* - Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

You can also attempt to take up to two additional ship actions during the middle watch in the dead of night (any nighttime ship action marked with an asterisk), but to do so the PC must make a successful Constitution check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued for the next day.

Entertain Mechanics:

Make a Perform check to entertain the crew. This is generally sea shanties, songs, or something similar. If you hit DC 20, you gain a +2 bonus to all Cha-based checks made to interact with any listener in the crew (including as part of the Influence action) for the next 24-hours.

If your Perform check result is a 9 or lower, however, the next time you attempt to Entertain the crew, you must first make either a Bluff or Intimidate check DC 15 to get them to stop ignoring you, at which point you can then make a Perform check.

Gamble Mechanics:

You may play and/or gamble on the following entertainments. Minimum bet is 1gp (or an item of equivalent value).
• Arm Wrestling - Not the typical contest, rather this is usually done on a barrel with broken glass, caltrops or some other dangerous hazard. It's an opposed Str check with the higher result winning and the loser taking 1d2+the opponent's Str modifier in damage.
• Hog Lob - A game where contestants attempt to hurl a lead ingot covered in a greased up piglet skin the farthest. A bet is agreed on before starting. Contestants roll a d20 and add their CMB to this. The ingot counts as an Improvised weapon and suffers the appropriate -4 penalty to the roll. If you have the Throw Anything feat it negates this. Your final numerical result is the number of feet you threw it, with the winner being the one who threw it the farthest.
• Heave - A potentially deadly game where you try to drink your opponents under the table. Bets are made beforehand. Each person swigs a half pint of rum. You then make a DC 15 Fort save or take increased damage from your rum rations. Each next swig increases the DC by +3. The game lasts until only 1 pirate is standing.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herb makes introductions to the rest of his tablemates, shaking hands with each in turn (unless Sunny's hugging again).

"We're all screwed. I hope to find good company in the midst of this wretched ship. Just enough of an offsetting quality to keep me from suicide by shark bait."

Herbert repacks his pipe. Suddenly he remembers something his father told him. Maybe his love of adventure wasn't completely in vain.

Edit:(Fixed and Sorry again)


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Sorry Aperture, I was a bit late.

Herbert will dispose of his rum. He doesn't need another, another master.

stealth check:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Herbert attempts to dispose of his wine. He's watched other men and women become living husks, doing their masters bidding. The true master, the substance. It's a life he'd like to avoid.

Let's see how this goes then I'll make my night action choice


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I will dispose of my ration and go to sleep early tonight. I am not going to deal with this.

stealth check
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Looks like I dispose of it with no issues and go to sleep


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

When word of poison reaches his ears, Aoro claps Lanliss on the back. Whispering to him.

"You poison anyone and I will kill you myself. Who do you think gets blamed for it, anyways do you really think pirates are going to trust crew they pretty much kidnapped. My advice is do your job, do it well, and wait for the right chance to present itself. Sooner or later fools make mistakes, that one surely is a fool."

Poison he thought, a simple spell or taste tester would ruin that plan and get people killed. Once dinner is over he takes his rum ration and disposes of it silently. He did not need anything else making his life harder.

Stealth
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

He heads to bed early, he had more work to do tomarrow. Both in the kitchen and its cook.


Herbert, it's a DC10 check, so you're good to go.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herbert finds the scarred half-orc. If I'm going to unload the items I found, I need the quartermaster's ear.

"Nice to meet you. The name's Herbert Degrasse. I hear that you are the one to speak to if you find yourself without essentials."

Herbert musters all of his charm.

"I don't need anything but a good nights sleep and perhaps to wake from this nightmare, but its good to know you're the source."

diplomacy:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo wanting nothing to do with the rum takes care to get rid of it as best he can.
Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

That done, Duo's missing personal effects being brought back to the top of his mind. Has Duo worried again. This Ol' Grok person seems to be the one who holds all the items on the ship. He needed to talk to said Grok not wanting to bother poor Lanliss after his hard day. Duo starts to look for this Grok person he thinks hes gone alone but, Herbert is already there. He nods to him and waits patiently for his turn to talk to Grok.

unless I'm talked to then I'll respond. Heading to the local game store for a short bit though. I have more to add but, will wait and see how things progress.

Sandra's words stick sharply in Duo's mind. "She can be convinced to hand over the goods. She got her precious symbol of Besmera back, by playing it up as cursed..."


Unfortunately, when you find Grok, she is drunk out of her mind. She is with Kroop down int he galley and they are laughing wildly at some unheard joke. She smiles stupidly as you speak to her. "You talk pretty boy," she says. "But leave me alone. Me and Kroop here need to finish off this ale before we sleep. Come see me tomorrow in the store, though. We'll get you sorted out."

You've managed to shift Grok to friendly!

Heading down to the sleeping area, you find hammocks are strung from the 16 pillars that support the ship; each crew member has a locker along the wall for their possessions, and there are additional lockers stacked against a wall that aren't being used - presumably for your use once you have gear to stow.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone exclaims "Ahhh finally, some drink."

Alestone will drink deeply. Fort Save for Con damage, ignoring fatigue save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Alestone will sleep for the night, after having his fill of the rum.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Con damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Cha bonus 1d4 ⇒ 2


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

As Duo watches Herbert walk out he steps up and then understands why no more then a few short words were spoken. Grok is drunk out of her mind. Duo Shakes his head slightly as is best not to piss of a half-orc. Feeling the weight of the days events he heads to bed looking around on his way to get a better feel for his surroundings of tomorrow.

perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,
GM Aperture wrote:

Sandara seems pleased to meet all of you. As Lanliss mentions his and Duo's missing gear she nods and says, "I'll keep an eye out. Ol' Grok can be moody, but she can be convinced to hand over the goods. I got my precious symbol of Besmera back, as I told her it would curse her if she kept it. Worked like a charm."

But when Lanliss starts talking of offing Plugg she quiets him down. "You'd best keep thoughts like that to yourself or you'll be worse off than Magpie."

After dinner is over, a barrel is brought around. Sandara eyes it warily. "Plugg serves up this rot to keep the crew docile. And weak. This stuff will rot your gut. Be careful. I'm off to gamble. Talk to you lot later."

The rum aboard The Wormwood is potent. You have three options for how to deal with it.

Rum Rations:

Dispose: DC 10 Stealth Check. No bonus/penalty.

Sip/Make Grog: A pirate often waters the rum down with water, ale, or whatever other liquid might be handy/less potent. A pirate who nurses his rum, or dilutes it to make Grog makes a DC 10 Fortitude Save, or is fatigued (Note: Alestone is immune to the fatigue effect and need not make the save). 8 hours rest removes this fatigue. (Essentially failure means the PC needs to rest for a full night). This is a poison effect.

Drink Deeply: A true pirate drinks his rum and likes it! He makes a Fortitude save at DC 15 or takes 1d3-1 Con Damage. He also gains a 1d4 alchemical bonus to Charisma for 8 hours (pass or failure). The next morning the PC must make a DC 10 will save or be fatigued until the PC can get 8 hours rest (Note: Alestone is immune to the fatigue effect and need not make the save). This is a poison effect.

After dinner each night, you have have a choice of what to do.

Nighttime Actions:

• Sleep - Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover Fatigue or Exhaustion)
• Gamble - Play or gamble on a pirate game of chance or entertainment (see spoiler)
• Entertain - Make 1 Perform check to entertain the crew (see spoiler)
• Influence* - Attempt to influence a single NPC.
• Sneak* - Take time exploring one area of the ship. PC may Take 20 on Perception or any other skill check but the PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.
• Steal* - Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.

You can also attempt to take up to two additional ship actions during the middle watch in the dead of night (any nighttime ship action marked with an asterisk), but to do so the PC must make a successful Constitution check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued for the next day.

Entertain Mechanics:

Make a Perform check to entertain the crew. This is generally sea shanties, songs, or something similar. If you hit DC 20, you gain a +2 bonus to all Cha-based checks made to interact with any listener in the crew (including as part of the Influence action) for the next 24-hours.

If your Perform check result is a 9 or lower, however, the next time you attempt to Entertain the crew, you must first make either a Bluff or Intimidate check DC 15 to get them to stop ignoring you, at which point you can then make a Perform check.

Gamble Mechanics:

You may play and/or gamble on the following entertainments. Minimum bet is 1gp (or an item of equivalent value).
• Arm Wrestling - Not the typical contest, rather this is usually done on a barrel with broken glass, caltrops or some other dangerous hazard. It's an opposed Str check with the higher result winning and the loser taking 1d2+the opponent's Str modifier in damage.
• Hog Lob - A game where contestants attempt to hurl a lead ingot covered in a greased up piglet skin the farthest. A bet is agreed on before starting. Contestants roll a d20 and add their CMB to this. The ingot counts as an Improvised weapon and suffers the appropriate -4 penalty to the roll. If you have the Throw Anything feat it negates this. Your final numerical result is the number of feet you threw it, with the winner being the one who threw it the farthest.
• Heave - A potentially deadly game where you try to drink your opponents under the table. Bets are made beforehand. Each person swigs a half pint of rum. You then make a DC 15 Fort save or take increased damage from your rum rations. Each next swig increases the DC by +3. The game lasts until only 1 pirate is standing.

Sunny's Rum ration:
Sunny will attempt to water down her Rum into Grog.

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

After a lot of pouring and shaking and sipping and testing and pouring and shaking some more eventually Sunny's allocation of Rum gets drunk by herself. By the end though her cheeks are rosier than normal and she's hiccuping between giggles.

"Hehe...Thas' a losh diffn't t' how we has it *Hic* back...home..." She slurs, even slowly beginning to sway counter point to the motion of the ship around them. She looks blearily at those whom still might be around her.

" C'n tell by all-a twins I'm sheeing I be sotted!" She waggles a finger theatrically, "T'is off t' bed fer Sunny!" She declares, stands,

Ref Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

And swaggers off towards her hammock for as good a night's rest as she can get. :P


Day 2
You all awake, feeling refreshed and relatively energized. You see the sun peeking in through the windows. And hear the crew around you waking and stowing their hammocks. You follow their example and soon you're ready to head above deck with the rest.

Moments later, you hear the bell tone, and the sailors wearily make their way to the main deck. Or so you think.

Four sailors approach your group. Others loiter around the room, obviously aware that something of interest is about to happen.

"In a hurry?" one of them asks, laughing and pushing Sunny back towards the group. "Why don't you stick around and play a bit?"

They block your way, and it's clear they want a fight.

Initiative Rolls:

Sunny - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Duo - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Alestone - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Herbert - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Aoro - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Lanliss - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Sailors - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

You don't have to swing away - unless you want, of course - but you must act in initiative order. That is, as we discussed, group of PCs, group of baddies, group of PCs. You may post in any order within your group - first to post, first to act.

Round 1 (No surprise round)
Initiative Order:
Herbert, Aoro

Sailors

Sunny, Lanliss, Duo, Alestone

No map for this one - just do your best. Sorry.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

He really did not want things to go bad but his mindset was simple in these matters. Smooth things over or failing that beat them down.

"Come now gentlemen we all have our duties and no one wants to end up being the attraction at bloody hour. Life is hard enough without adding to it."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Sense Motive
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

He had a spell ready in case things went south.

Readied action for violence


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo watched as Sunny got pushed back into the group. He glanced around a bit and noticed several sailors loitering around. So this must be there new guy initiation. Well I'm not going to be late!

Duo holds his actions to see if they will come at us. Ready to cast bless if they look like they will not back down.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Oh man seeing Sunny get pushed really pisses me off hey you filthy eat you do not touch such a flower as this girl ever again
I move up to the one that pushed Sunny and decides that I can take him.

to hit
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
damage if hit
1d3 ⇒ 3

you bastard do not do that again!! then after trying to punch him I roll back to defend the other two as well


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4,

As the sailors laugh Sunny does also, even as Lanliss throws an awkward arm at the other lot.

Unless Lanliss has 'Improved Unarmed Combat' he's going to wear a return punch (AoO) generated for free from these guys.

Sunny moves back in and, still giggling, pushes right back. (^_^)

CMB:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

CMD = 17

Sunny does have 'Improved Unarmed Combat'. (^_^)

Not that the rolls will probably tend to show it. :P


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

Herbert has watched this tactic before.Shakedown.

In his opinion there is only one way to deal with the situation.

Herbert sizes up the largest of the bullies and swings for his nose.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d3 ⇒ 1

"There is one lord of this ship; none of you are him."


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone looks significantly better this morning than he did much of yesterday. The dark circles and slight lag in his voice are gone and he speaks confidently.

"Common lads, lets show these pi'e'able scum they've messed with the wrong folks"

Inspire Courage +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Unfortunately I believe as a Sensei I have to use audio for my bardsong, so I may not be able to affect my deaf compatriot

Alestone will then step up to a ruffian and puff his own chest out.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)
Alestone Rockridge wrote:


Inspire Courage +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

(Unfortunately I believe as a Sensei I have to use audio for my bardsong, so I may not affect my deaf compatriot)

my held action is to cast bless, Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. So I guess well all have it any way.


Aoro's words fall on deaf ears. Tam, the bulbous-nosed dwarf, spits on the ground and says, "Keep ye'r words to yerself ya' lubber."

The sailor Herbert targeted was surprised by the attack - he was looking to Tam, the leader of this little ragtag group when Herbert reared back and turned just time to meet Herbert's fist with his face. He stumbled backward and cursed loudly.

Immediately, four of the sailors jumped to action - one of them a mean-looking half orc. They all lash out Herbert.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Herbert is unable to stagger out of the way of the first blow, but manages to evade the other three. You take 4 points of nonlethal damage.

The two remaining sailors step forward and glower at the group - daring someone to step forward.

A dare which Lanliss takes. He manages to land a blow on one, but opens himself to two attacks.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Both attacks land, dropping Lanliss to his knees. You've taken 8 points of nonlethal damage and you're now staggered.

Sunny, inspired by Alestone's words (or Duo's Blessing), steps forward and playfully pushes one of the men who laid into Lanliss. Unfortunately, her push doesn't even cause the sailor to budge.

Round 2
Initiative Order:
1. Herbert, Aoro
2. Sailors
3. Sunny, Lanliss, Duo, Alestone


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Note that bard song is competence to hit and damage, while bless is morale to hit. It is only their bonus against fear that does not stack.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro wanted to avoid this but he guessed an impression was needed.

Acid Splash
RTA
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

His thrown acid goes wide with no effect.

Did my readied action go off or no?


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Lanliss took a few hits so Duo moved up to him and placed a hand on his back. The look on Duo's face says hes not amused.

out of there range heal on Lanliss 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Aoro, I missed your readied action - your recent Acid Splash roll can be your Round 1 action if you'd like to take a round 2 action.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Being on my knees I grab the guy who fell me down and yank at his legs to drop him prone and hopefully knock his head on the ground and knock him out cold

CMB roll
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
+1 from the bless or inspire or +2 for both do not know if they stack

yes I know I get a aoo on me. hopefully he misses

If I get him grappled maybe someone will knock him over or something

bastard take this I spit at him while doing the move


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro tries his luck a second time.

Acid Splash
RTA
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
ADmg
1d3 ⇒ 3

This time the acid lands directly on the pirate. He throws in a little mental damage while he is at it.

"Get on my bad side and I'll do more then burn your face off. Best run along while you can. Otherwise I may just get serious."

Shadow Lodge

Alestone continues his oratory, this time berating his foes:
"Pickin' on girls an' lan'lubbers, you filthy scallywags, I knew ye were scum, I just didn't realize how low on the to'em pole your moms truly went, ya bloody useless barnacles."

Then Alestone steps up and knees on of the sailors in the groin.

Free Action continue bard song, Standard action Stunning Fist a sailor.

To Hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Stunning Fist: Fort DC 14 (If Hit)


The acid from Aoro's fingers strikes one of the sailors and he screams in pain as the acid sizzles on his skin.

Botting for Herbert...

Herbert rears back and strikes at the sailor he already punched, hoping to take him out of the fight.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for 1d3 ⇒ 3

The attack sails wide. Seeing Herbert still has some fight in him, the four move in to attack him again.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Again, the first blow catches him in the temple and he nearly staggers before regaining his balance. The other three attacks don't land, fortunately.

Seeing that Lanliss is down, the two sailors facing him turn their attention to the group - they flex their muscles when Duo approaches, but don't attack. Duo's healing washes over Lanliss (you're no longer staggered), who immediately attempts to trip up one of his foes. He is unsuccessful, and seeing that their prey is moving again, the two kick at him.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

One of the attacks land and Lanliss feels as if he'll be staggered again, but barely maintains his composure.

The two are paying such close attention to the fallen elf, they don't see the peg-legged-dwarf approaching.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The target of Alestone's attack coughs in pain and looks in shock at the ferocity of the dwarf's attack.

Seeing the effect of the blow on their comrade and seeing the effect of the acid on their skin, Tam calls them off. "This t'aint over," he says, spitting on Lanliss before backing off.

Unless you want to continue the battle, you're out of initiative.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro flicks the little acid left on his fingers, shrugging at the words.

"I did warn ya, next time you should listen. I may not be so generous."

Unless otherwise held up he hurries on deck not wanting to be late to the kitchen.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo taps Lanlis on the shoulder differently then the heal before. Fellow pirates why must we fight? Can't we get along? As an act of good will and hopes of future friendship except these words of healing.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Channel Positive Energy 1d6 ⇒ 5

When Duo finishes he walks up on deck.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

On the way to report on deck Herbert thanks his crewmates.

Thanks everyone for not letting them trounce me. Sorry for the cheap shot, but we'd spend much more time avoiding their harassment then I have to spare. Best to get the unpleasant business done early."

Although the prospect of another day aboard the Wormwood is dismal, Herb feels alive and proud after standing up to the bullies.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

it's enough that no one else got hurt.

Looking at Sunny are you hurt?

Nodding to Duo Thank you my friend thank you. I feel that you and I are going to be very close friends fast. I am a little protective. blushes a little and semi smiles at Sunny and I needed your help back there. Hopefully I can get my gear back soon and then we will show them all

Walks up stairs kinda tired and worn out a little but showing no fear and showing his pride.


Duo's energy washes over the group. The sailors you were fighting feel the healing benefits, but make no mention of it or offer any thanks.

The entire group makes its way to the deck. Upon arrival, they're greeted by a sour looking Plugg and a nervous Scourge. Seeing the group arrive en masse, Scourge's face goes dark and angry. "It's about time you lot came up!" Plugg says. " What's the meaning of the delay?"

Without hesitation, Tam speaks up. "The newcomers wanted ta' make a name fer themselves an' picked a fight with a couple of us." Plugg looked at Scourge for a moment before nodding.

"There will be no fighting under my watch. Three lashes for whichever of you started it. So - who was it?" Tam points to Herbert. "Well, well. We have a date at The Bloody Hour. Now, Scourge, assign the tasks for the day."

Daily Tasks:

Duo - 1d6 ⇒ 5
Herbert - 1d6 ⇒ 5
Lanliss - 1d6 ⇒ 1
Alestone - 1d6 ⇒ 1

Sunny - 1d6 ⇒ 4

Aoro - 1d6 ⇒ 2

1d100 ⇒ 51 Higher Is Better

Scourge addresses your group. "You - mute and the fighter (Duo and Herbert) - you're going to be runners today. You'd better not drop a single letter or miss a single order, you hear me? And you," he says, turning to Alestone and Lanliss, "I think you need another go at the bilges, dwarf. This time, though, you get to bring a friend. Lanslip - you go see if you can help him do a better job today."

"Now you, elf, I want you to do some rope work today. Make sure you get those ropes stowed away properly. And you, cook boy, you head down and see what Kroop needs from ya."

With that, Scourge sends you off for your duties. You can see the dice rolls and checks needed for your daily tasks under the Campaign Info tab.

Aoro:

You head down to the galley to find a relatively sober Kroop. "Oho! Two days in a row. Ya' must like the cooking post!" Kroop says. "We've got some work ta' do, so let's get to it."

Since Kroop is sober, you don't have to make any task checks today.

In addition to your daily tasks, you have time to partake in additional activities.

Daytime Actions:

Work Dilligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for the job's daily task.

Influence: Attempt to Influence a Single NPC during your job using Diplomacy, Bluff or Intimidate.

Sneak: Make normal checks for a job's daily task, then attempt to briefly explore one area of the ship (make a single Perception Check in the area with no chance of detection.)

Shop: Take a -2 Penalty on all checks for a job's daily task and visit the quartermaster's store

Shirk: Take a -2 on all checks for a job's daily task and take some time to explore the ship. You can take 10 on a single Perception Check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered slacking.

Please post your checks and add some flavor to describe your day of working. Each of you are also working with another member of the crew - I'll get that posted in a second if you want to wait to determine your daytime actions.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Aoro makes himself useful while talking to Kroop.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

"Glad to see your feeling good today and its more the company then the job, not that I dont enjoy it mind you."

You see that nat 1 just barely missed me >.<


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Trugging my way down to the bilges. I mumble under my breath. I am going to get that bastard at some point.

Alestone, Thank you for your help back there sir. You were very inspiring, I understand that you have been on a ship before like this? Have you ever been aboard a ship in this manner before? Taken and thrown on to one in the middle of the night? I have been on small ships but nothing quite this big. I have been wanting to get on a ship but not like this. This mad man of a Scourge is a two bit master. What do you think that we can do?

Starts dumping out the bilges

strength check

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 +2 for Sandra = 15

Con Check

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

also while I am down there I am going to take some time to search the area for anything useful for me to hang on too.

Perception check

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

During some down time I am going to try to explore and area of the ship that is closest to the area I am in. Trying not to sneak away too far because I have been in trouble with the bastard before.

sneak roll
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Hoping to find anything of use for myself or others as well here. Also hoping not to get caught again.
perception check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

After returning back to my job I work as much as I can before the bloody hour. to Alestone Why do they whip people at this bloody hour thing, to me it all it did was make me more pissed at him and not make me want to work for them? Also have you heard anything about the other members of the crew that we might be able to use? The only thing that I know is about the members that joined with us. that Duo guy is a really good one and that Sunny blushes slightly is also good to stick around. Your skills are useful as well, and I hope you count me as a friend, for I wish not to cross you. I hope that my tools are still aboard so that I can actually be useful.


Alestone and Lanliss: You're working with Sandara and Aretta Bannison - one of the cronies who attacked you this morning. Since Sandara is Helpful, you get +2 to your work check.

Sunny: You're working with Maheem, another one of the cronies from this morning.

Herbert and Duo: You're not working with anyone.


Lanliss:

While scouring the murky waters of the bilge, you find a small, metallic item. Reaching into the waters, you withdraw a handaxe of masterwork quality.

You don't need a stealth check to make a perception check to look around the ship.

You make your way up to the middle deck of the ship and you see a flight of wooden stairs that climbs up to the officers’ quarters. You see in the shadows a man chained to the foremast here. He turns to look at you and begins making a lot of noise, rattling his chains and trying to break free of his bonds. In a fright, you head back down to the bilges.

Aoro:

Kroop chuckles merrily as you speak. He leans in conspiratorily at one point during the meal. "You're a good sort, you are. I 'spose ol' Plugg took your gear did'n he? Let me have a chat with ol' Grok tonight. See if she can't get ya' sorted out."

Your daytime action was "influence" - and you increased Kroop to Helpful. Even with your poor roll. ;)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

I am going to take the axe and place it on my belt under my shirt and pants

stealth roll to hide it

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will speak to Lanliss during their stay in the bilge together.

"Plenty o' ships in my time, but never a pirate vessel like this."

Alestone splashes his peg leg around a bit.

"While I'm glad ta lend a hand, ye may want to consider carefully if ye really want me as a friend. See, I've been sunk, sunk a few times even, and the sailors who know me started calling' me Rockbottom. A well deserved title after my leg sank to the bottom in the last tragety I was 'art of."

Alestone broods for a bit before contuining.
"something to remember before we go planning' anything drastic, is that a bad cap'ins a big improvement than no captain, and mutiny has a way of sinkin' ships, an experience I'd be loathe to repeat. As for the timing' of' the whippin' it's so you can rest off the wounds, rather then workin' getting' infected and be common' only good fer chum. My advice is ta keep yer head down, and eyes open fer now, while gather in' what 'cha can.

I never had need for much 'cept a stiff drink from time to Time and I don't know much 'bout our other 'ands but I won't stand fer pickin' on a girl, even if she is does have pointy ears, like you".

Alestone will work dilligently for a total of +6
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

con check
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo smiles as he is called a mute thinking to himself, Good this man hasn't caught on that, I am DEAF not mute. This could come in handy later... Duo lets the day go by running from officer to officer making a note of each officer he meats name and how to best approach them later.

rolls:

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Con 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue / 1 (AC: 18 / HP: 8 / Fort: +0 Ref: +5 Will: +0 / Init: +3 / Perc: +4)

With tonight's beating looming over Herbert's head he decides to work diligently. Probably too late, but maybe I can get someone who matters on my side.

The first few hours of the assignment Herbert dwells on his actions.Someday I'll learn some discipline. I worked hard to make a few friends on board this floating prison and in an instant I nearly piss it all away.

Herbert shakes his head as he moves across the deck to deliver another message.
I have to value those who helped me this morning. Above anything else, they are the key to my survival. Alestone the dwarf, the human Duo, the elves Sunny and Lanliss, and the one who's a little more than human Aoro, are all more than simple pirates or malcontents. If I end up alone, the Wormwood and her crew will eat me alive.

Job:
Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 = 15

Fatigue:
Constitution 1d20 ⇒ 16


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Towards the end of the bilge, Alestone asks Lanliss a question in passing, almost as though he's embarrassed to do so.

"I know ye mentioned lookin fer yer stuff, if you happen to come 'cross an extra bar o' soap, I'd be much obliged."


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Looking at Alestone
after today, I understand whatcha mean sir... trust me.. if I find one I will share it with you if you please.

sniffs around himself... and shivers
this is messing with my nose ewwww.

51 to 100 of 2,375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.