Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Plunder & Infamy - A Skulls & Shackles PbP Adventure

Game Master DancingShadow


501 to 550 of 2,375 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 10:Day Actions
sense Motive on Capt.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Craft: Alchemy
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Craft: Alchemy
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Diplomacy check: Shivikah
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
--------------------------------------
I explain to Duo what is going on and that the fact that the Capt. has something for him and that he has to go to Grok to get it. I go to Sunny again and hand her a shirt again. Sunny, You heard the Capt. please put some clothing on sweetie. It's just not favoriable for the rest of us. whispers in her ear and it makes me very uncomfortable because of it too as i glance at her naked body again. After that I settle down for a bit and find a corner and create a couple of potions of Cure light wounds and keep them on my person, After doing that for a couple of hours I go and find Shivikah and start talking to her about her life back in Mwangi
So Shivikah, glad to see that your okay. I was worried about that storm that was wicked wasn't it? what about you? How is the weather where you come from?
---------------------------------------
Day 10:Night Actions
Diplomacy check: Grok
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Diplomacy check:Tam "Narwhal" Tate
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
-----------------------------------------
Once Night Settles in I eat the ReefClaw with a little too much Gusto take in my fill of it and relax a little bit before Heading down to see Grok.
Hey Grok, The capt said that he had a little something for me today, since I got my gear back, he said that it would be special. Maybe ya could make it a little some extra special maybe?

Once I get back from Grok, I am going to find Tam "Narwhal" Tate and Sit down and have a chat with him for a while

Narwhal, named after a sea monster hu? sounds like that you have a great story on that mind telling me? I love listening to stories.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Suny giggles and luaghs as Lanliss whisper tickles her sensitive ear. At the finish of his message she pouts a little,

"Awe...but I like runnin' aroun' an' havin' fun..." She complains, folding her hand behind her back and looking cute and innocently back at Lanliss.

Bluff:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

But Lanliss can see the mischief and devilry hiding behind Sunny's large blue eyes. She quickly nods seeing her friend isn't buying into her 'Cute and innocent' act, taking the shirt and deftly wrapping it about her hips as she races off leaving Lanliss with her receding laughter.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

that's my Sunny, I am going to get you one way or another
If possible GM if you would kind sir. Would you allow Fishguts and Rosie to help me influence Narwal? please???


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone's eyes light up once he remembers his stuff. After the captain leaves Alestone goes and collects his stuff.

Anybody inbetween the stores and the hold will see Alestone laboriously rolling a large oak barrel...


Shade Psion 18

Day 10

Day & Night

During the bloody hour, Shivikah and Tilly get the brunt of Plugg's and Scourge's rage against you all. Scourge glares at the group as he lays into them.

Sunny:
No one seems to pay much attention when you dive off the boat, except Scourge, who screams at you to get back onboard immediately. Grok gives you back the remainder of your gear with a wink and a grin and Tilly warms up to you instantly and the both of you have a pleasant, if laced with profanity, chat. Peppery, however, is not at all pleased to see you and screams at you to go away and leave her be.

Aoro:
You can't seem to get any reading off of Plugg and the man's intentions, but you can reasonably say that they're no good towards you. Cog smiles as you sit down and the two of you have a short chat, at the end of which he is laughing about a bloody joke he just told you. Aretta looks you up and down when you come to speak to her, her mouth full of crab, and after swallowing it, she notes, "Ya' seem ta' be alright. Save me sometime and mebbe I'll actually repay ya'."
When you go talk to Grok, she grins at you and hands you a bottle from her stores. "Healing, ta' keep ya' on yer feet. Cap'n don't want ya' ta' be fallin' so easy, 'specially now that ya' proved yer worth." Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Duo:
You have a quick "chat" with Badger, at the end of which she notes that she admires your ability to not let your loss of hearing get to you. The chat with "Stitchman" reveals that his healing capabilities are purely mundane. He's actually a fairly capable warrior, and a good carpenter to boot.

Grok hands you a bottle and notes the patch on the side that clearly reads in Taldane, "Cure Moderate Wounds." Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Lanliss:
Shivikah notes that she's seen worse storms, but that was a pretty bad one. She hopes that the ship won't run into another one anytime soon.

You manage to purchase the 50gp of ingredients from Grok, who probably got them from Peppery, and create your potions. When you ask her about the reward, she grins and hands you a bottle labelled, "Cure Moderate Wounds." Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Narwhal looks at you as you speak with a glare. "Piss off. I ain't interested in talkin' ta' ya'." Only Kroop can help with Diplomacy checks and plus it won't be high enough with both.

I'm gonna speed things along hardcore at this point. Give me a general indication of what you're doing during the day.

Day 11

The ship's bell summons you all to the deck, where Plugg and Scourge hand out assignments. The day is abysmally hot and the heat is stifling no matter where you go. Fortunately, a decent breeze blows, so on deck, the heat is manageable. Below, especially in the Galley and Bilges, it is sweltering.

At one point during the day, Cog notes that you're definately in the shipping lanes, but there's something a bit off here. "I've got a bad feeling about this place."


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny does her best to do her best at whatever task Master Plugg assigns her. The shirt given to her by Lanliss is still wrapped about her waist.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Sailor Profession:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 (While aloft in the rigging)


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo spends the day running around doing his best to give each officer the messages given to him by other officers, Its a hard task for Duo not being much of someone for running around but, he does his best. Again today when Duo found himself around Badger Medlar, he went out of his way to help her where he could and for as long as he could.

day task runner
Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Fatigue check: 1d20 ⇒ 13
day action
Diplomacy Badger Medlar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 11: Day
Profession Sailor Check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Fatiuge check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Influence: Aretta.... Having fishguts help
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
-------------------------------------

I set myself out to do whatever tasks I get a assgined today. Then when there is a lull in my action, I go and find Aretta and speak with her.

So Aretta, I hear that your very good at swabbing the deck, can you hand me off some pointers please?


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 11

Day Action: Influence vs Maheem

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 vs Maheem
Cook 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Aoro takes the time to chat up another crewman when he is on deck tossing out some garbage.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will work pleasantly now that he can manage a constant buzz from his barrel of Ale.


Shade Psion 18

Day 11

I'm passing out tired, so short description for results.

While Duo and Aoro successfully chat up their respective targets, resulting in Badger warming up greatly to the group and Maheem coming around from his previous stand-offish position, Aretta tells Lanliss where he can stick his questions and storms off angrily.

It's an unusual day on the ship, as only one person is called up to receive punishment, Conchobhar. He comes forward with his chest puffed out, but once the lashings start, he screams and weeps profusely. It's a sad sight.

Much drinking and merrymaking is had by the pirates that evening, as the meal is another round of a delicious crab stew, rather than the fish stew that fishguts had been serving.

Day 12

The bell rings again this morning, and already you can tell that the day is going to be another scorcher. It's bloody hot in the lower hold and when you get up on deck, the wind is a welcome relief.

As everyone is assigned jobs, Master Scourge is about to say something, but then a shout is heard from behind him, "Those lily-livered land-lubbers are mine today, bosun!" Scourge spins around, fuming, to see Riaris Krine, the master gunner, standing behind him, grinning. Frankly, the grin makes her only look all the more ugly, due to her misshaped nose. It looks like its been broken and reset improperly several times.

"Boardin' school is today, an' these worthless, sons' a motherless whore-mongering, barnacle-lickin', bilge-for-brains are gonna be learnin' how ta' board a ship." Scourge says nothing, but his anger at being usurped is evident.

She turns to look at the group, "Get the longboat in the damned water, afore I feed ya' thrice-cursed, worthless hides inta th' water fer shark-bait!"


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Previous Day 11

Sunny does her best to help the poor abused Gnome recover from his horrible ordeal. Seeing that Sandara help relieve his wounds while she herself assuages that which ails his spirit. (^_^)

Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Day 12

Sunny bounces to attention at Mistress Krine's barked command. Though those who know Sunny assume it's because she'll be getting yet another chance to splash about in the water. (^_^)

Sailor Profession:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 (To aid another in the lowering of the long boat)

And probably makes more of a mess of it in her haste. :P


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 12: boarding school
profession sailor check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
--------------------------------------------------

Seeing what Sunny is doing I go over and tell her calm down there lass! Your going to fast for yer own good. You know how to so this just slow down and work it slowly I help her lower the boat to the water and then get into the boat afterwards.
I feel in my pockets for my mutagen and my potions to make sure that they are all there after I get in.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny laughs and giggles, bounces and cavorts as the long boat is swung out and thence lowered into the waves.

As the long boat touches the waters and those who've mustered start to climb down into its gunwales, Sunny scampers off to her gear and comes back with her great, curved blade slung across her back.

"If we's gona' practice our boardin' stuffs, we should be dressed like we's mean business, hey?" She chirps brightly to those awaiting their turn to climb down into the long boat. She, however, is too excited to wait and climb down. Instead she simply doffs her skirt and dives into the waves. Coming to the surface and swimming up to the long boat and slipping aboard.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

(^_^)


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone will tuck away his 2 flasks on his person and will gingerly climb down to the waiting boat.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 11, Evening

Influence vs Aretta
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Aoro finds Aretta and starts talking her up. Keeping on her good side and using his charm.

"Aw been one of those days but the food was good so thats something huh."

Day 12

Aoro stays back, well aware that he was useless in these types of things. He helped where he could if only to look like he was doing something, he made sure to stay out of people's way. Once the boat was down he would wait for order's.

Take 10

Geez bearly made that helpful roll.


Shade Psion 18

Day 11

Evening

Conchobhar is obviously playing up his hurt when Sunny goes over to help him. He grins at Lanliss.

Aoro & Lanliss:
She smiles and chuckles, "That ain't the only thing that's good around here." She flashes a grin at Aoro and walks below decks.

My mistake on the previous check, Lanliss. You actually managed to move her to Helpful. I thought she was still Hostile when I was replying to your post. My bad. I've updated the log appropriately.

Day 12

Daytime - Swill-Chuggin', Barnacle-Humpin' Boardin' Practice

The boat is lowered into the water and you all pile into the boat, except for Herbert, who is no-where to be found. After rowing the boat out from the Wormwood about 40 feet, Riaris gives the order to halt.

"A'right, ya' bilge-drinkers, yer gonna be practicin' using th' grapnels ta' board yonder boat. Ya' need ta' get the grapnel snagged on the railin' and then haul yer sorry mother-lovin' carcasses up th' rope an' onta th' deck. Now, th' sorry Chelish-whore-for-a-sailors ya'll be raidin'll be wantin' ta' keep ya' louse-ridden hides from gettin' onta th' deck o' their rotted tonnage, so some 'volunteers' will be helpin' ya' sorry sots ta' get an idea of th' real thin'."

You all can see Fipps, Jape, Syl, and Narwhal standing next to the railing with large piles of debris and garbage at their feet. Each is grinning and holding a handful at the ready to fling.

"A'right, get to it, ya' fish-kissers. I ain't got all day!" She crosses her arms and taps her foot against the two coils of rope and grapnels sitting in the boat.

You all have two lengths of rope and grappling hooks with which to work. You need to chuck the grappling hook at the railing and get it to snag (Touch AC 5). The grapple is an improvised weapon and at its 4th range increment, for a total penalty of -10. Then you need to make Climb checks (DC 15) at your normal climbing speed to cross. While you're climbing, the pirates on deck will be throwing debris at you. If they hit (they're making touch attacks), you have to make a Reflex save (DC 10) to avoid falling off the rope. If you fall off, you'll need to swim back to the boat and try climbing the rope again. Riaris will angrily tell you to stay in the boat if you fall off the rope 3 times. Go! Make rolls! B*#$% at pirates! Make Riaris sad to live!


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

DM:

Aw man I only went after Aretta because I thought Lanliss failed, can you switch it to Maheem sense he is also indifferent. Or whats done is done?

Day 12

Aoro tries his hand at it. Missing alot and when he finally does get a hook in, he finds the rope slippery until he finally gets a grip. Once he starts climbing he only has to avoid the missiles to make it to the top and end this nightmare. He was just not built for this.

Rope Atk:

1d20 - 8 ⇒ (1) - 8 = -7
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (2) - 8 = -6
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (12) - 8 = 4
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (2) - 8 = -6
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (5) - 8 = -3
1d20 - 8 ⇒ (14) - 8 = 6 Hit

Climbing:

Climb DC 15
1d20 ⇒ 3
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 19 Climb

Reflex Save DC 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Will be making alot of edits as needed.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny steps up and walks around the 'edge' of the boat, the better to leave room for her companions.

Acrobatics check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

She reaches down and takes one of the grapnel lines and hooks, moving to the prow of the longboat the better to give herself more room to swing the thing and less chance of hitting any one else with the flying metal.

Throw Roll 1:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2

Pulling the line back she tries again,

Throw Roll 2:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8

And again,

Throw Roll 3:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (20) - 4 = 16

"YipEE!" She yells and jumps a little for joy at her 'catch'. Before deftly tying off the end to the longboat and then clambering across to the Wyrmwood.

Climb check:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 (+2 From her Acrobatics)

And zips across like a rat up a drain-pipe. (Hoping that rilly good roll means the todgers dun't get a chance to throw nothin', or least was not get a hit in on her)

Once on the deck of the Wyrmwood she bounces around happily.

"That were FUN! Can we do it agin!"(^_^)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 12 : Boarding school
throwing the rope
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
climb check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
reflex saves
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

so book states only -6 to hit so going off that
-------------------------------
I quickly look down at the rope and then out to the ship and look back down at the rope. I grab a vial out of my pocket and swallow it down mutagen and then I grab the rope and throw it on to the ship smileing slightly and then remembering he has to get up to the ship while climbing. I take my time and watch the people throwing things at me and scramble up the rope


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Duo shacks his head knowing climbing and swimming are not his strong point. However, he intends to do his best.

grapple catching:

1d20 - 7 ⇒ (16) - 7 = 9
1d20 - 7 ⇒ (13) - 7 = 6
1d20 - 7 ⇒ (18) - 7 = 11
1d20 - 7 ⇒ (12) - 7 = 5
1d20 - 7 ⇒ (8) - 7 = 1

try one:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

reflex one:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

swim back one:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

try two:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

reflex two:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

swim back two:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

try three:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

reflex three:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

swim back three:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Duo sigh's as he gets back to the small boat the third time. His gut tells him he is in for a lashing tonight. Being deaf he just wait for the rest to finish and awaits his punishment that is to come.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny hops up on the Wyrmwood's railing and shouts encouragement to her friends.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 (To cheer people along)

So...does Sunny trying to be friendly and all comradely like give people a moral bonus?


Shade Psion 18

Day 12

Daytime - Swill-Chuggin', Barnacle-Humpin' Boardin' Practice

@Lanliss: The book only takes into account the range penalty. Unless I'm mistaken, though, a grappling hook is an improvised weapon, which is a -4 penalty as well.

Aoro:
Sure, you can go after someone else.

@Sunny: You need to make a number of Climb checks. Your base speed is 30 ft, so each move action moves you 7ft while climbing (DC 15) or 15 ft if you choose to accelerated climb (+5 DC).

Aoro and Duo have a hard go at the rope and end up in the drink more often than not. After the third try, they climb back aboard the boat and Riaris looks at them. "Stay here, ya' worthless-piles of filth. Let's see if'n yer dandy-whore friends can do better."

Sure enough, Lanliss begins to scale the rope after making the second toss. Sunny does as well, on her third, and the two begin to climb the ropes.

Garbage Throw at Lanliss #1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 10 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Lanliss #2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 13 vs AC 13 Hit
Garbage Throw at Sunny #1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 13 vs AC 11 Hit
Garbage Throw at Sunny #2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 15 vs AC 11 Hit

I need two reflex saves from Sunny at the end of the first round. Lanliss' first save is enough to avoid falling on the second. I also need another climb check from Sunny for this round.

End of Round 1 (assuming no falls)
Lanliss Progress: 15 ft
Sunny: 7 ft + ?

All rolls assume that both characters are within 10 ft of the boat at the end of the turn:
Garbage Throw at Lanliss #1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Lanliss #2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Sunny #1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 = 7 vs AC 11 Miss
Garbage Throw at Sunny #2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20 vs AC 11 Hit

I'll need another reflex save from Sunny at the end of the second round.

End of Round 2 (assuming no falls)
Lanliss Progress: 30 ft
Sunny: 7 ft + ?

Need the last few checks from Lanliss, Sunny, and something from Alestone.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Ah! Sorry, Sorry, sorry!

Climb 1:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27(+2from acrobatics)

Ref Save 1:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Climb 2:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11(+2from acrobatics)

Ref Save 2:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

So, I made me climb check, but failed me save....?


Shade Psion 18

Into the drink, you go... You'll have to swim back to the boat and then make another throw.


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 12 : Boarding school
climb check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
reflex saves
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
-------------------------------
I am dodgeig my way around still trying to climb the rope and making sure that I make it to the ship


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

"Erk!" As Sunny takes a hit to the face.

*SPLASH*

Swim check:'Take Ten' = 24

"YipEE!" She cries as she enjoys swimming back to the longboat and slipping aboard.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Once back aboard and awaiting her second turn at throwing the grapple-hook.

Throw 1:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Throw 2:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (18) - 4 = 14

She jumps and squeals with glee at catching the ship with her throw throw. (^_^)

Climb Check first length:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 (+2 From acrobatics)

*SPLASH!*

She comes up shaking her head, "Whut th' fek happened!" She asks in shock at having fallen off the rope so soon.

Swim check:'Take Ten' = 24

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 (To climb back aboard the longboat)

Throw 1:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2

Throw 2:1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

And again jumps and squeals with glee at catching the ship with her throw throw. (^_^)

Climb check 1:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 (+2 Acrobatics)

Ref Save(Assuming they hit Sunny):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Climb check 2:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 (+2 Acrobatics)

Ref Save(Assuming they hit Sunny):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

So, if they can't hit her, she's gon'a make it across. (^_^) If'n they do....*Shrug*


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

DM:

Ok in that case Maheem should be helpful sense he was my second choice.


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Throw Grappling hook. 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (20) - 8 = 12

"Ya scupperin' crab brained eel-bearded toothless lot, try 'n stop me! I been sailin' since fore you worthless lot were born"

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 2

After executing a perfect throw Alestone slips off the rope almost immediately falling off into the water.

SPLASH

"If I ever 'ear anythin bout that, I'll be eatin' yer toes for breakfast"

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Alestone's second attempt to climb goes about as well as the first.

"Which one o you scupperin' rubbed fish guys into this perfectly nice rope. Once I get up there, one o' you is gonna get it

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 7

On Alestone's 3rd attempt he actually manages to get several feet up the rope before falling back into the water.

He will swim back to the boat, take a sip from his flask and sulk for a bit before standing up and cheering his compatriots on.

"Common ya lot, show 'em what we got. Sunny! watch out fer that fat one wit' da tattoo, he's got a mean lookin' arm and a sharp bundle o' refuse"


Shade Psion 18

Day 12

Daytime - Swill-Chuggin', Barnacle-Humpin' Boardin' Practice

The four look to Lanliss and all hurl garbage at once.

Garbage Throw at Lanliss # 1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Lanliss # 2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Lanliss # 3: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9 vs AC 13 Miss
Garbage Throw at Lanliss # 4: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9 vs AC 13 Miss

They all miss and Lanliss pulls himself over the railing as they scowl at him.

@Sunny: Are you climbing regular or accelerated? If regular, you shouldn't have fallen on the second try. You need to fail by 5 or more to fall on Climb checks.

The four throw garbage at Sunny as she makes her third attempt to cross.

Garbage Throw at Sunny # 1: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 4 = 18 vs AC 11 Hit
Garbage Throw at Sunny # 2: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1 vs AC 11 Miss
Garbage Throw at Sunny # 3: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9 vs AC 11 Miss
Garbage Throw at Sunny # 4: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11 vs AC 11 Hit

The first fails to dislodge her, but the second wad of refuse that hits Sunny throws her off-balance and she drops into the drink.

@Alestone: Good god, those were unlucky, but I laughed by ass off with those comments! :)


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

@ DM Bound Shade. I was going at a normal pace. So, has she made it? Or has she fallen off?


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Come on you guys! Come on! I know you can do this! Make sure doge and weave They were push overs. If I can make it so can you come on! Open Yer eyes Sunny

Funny because I could always see him leading the boarding party, now I thought that I wouldn't with all the better pirates here but hey. I win.


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Yea, I figured Duo's roll were going to blow...


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

I still be awaitin' Dm adjudication on some small points.

Asides, Sunny got to go swimmin' agin! (^_^)


Shade Psion 18

@Sunny: You don't fall into the drink on the second attempt, but rather manage to scramble up the rope a distance (total of 22 ft). However, the second throw will dislodge her. Riaris is allowing one more try. Give me 6 climb checks to get aboard (or 3 accelerated). The pirates will throw garbage at you on your last attempt.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*Bounces and salutes* Aye, aye! DM Bound Shade, Sir!....Um.....or madame...as the case may be...

Acc Climb 1:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25

Acc Climb 2:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20

Acc Climb 3:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Ref Save:1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17

Again the +2 is from her high acrobatics skill. Actually, while I think about it. There's another thought, what's to stop Sunny from simply 'Walking the tight rope' sort of thing?


Shade Psion 18

Day 12

Daytime - Swill-Chuggin', Barnacle-Humpin' Boardin' Practice

I am quite male. At least last time I checked I was. :P

Hmmm... You'll end up falling off the rope as a result of a low check so I'm not going to bother with the attack rolls.

Sunny gets back into the boat and scurries up the rope, refuse flying all around her. As she nears the Wormwood, one hand slips off the rope as she tries to grab it and throws her off balance sufficiently to send her tumbling into the water.

Riaris grumbles as Sunny climbs into the boat again, and she looks at you all. "That's enough o' this fer now. Ya'll are th' sorriest lot o' dilge-drinkin' sway-backed, land-lubbers I ev'r did see. Row for the ship!"

You all get back to the ship and aid in pulling it back up into its proper place.

Congratulations! You all reach level 2. Let me know how you are changing your characters, what levels you're taking, so on and so forth. Feel free to declare actions for the evening. There'll be something exciting coming up real soon.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*SQUEEEEE!* (^_^)


Human Oracle (Life) lvl 2 (AC 16, CMD 14, HP 13/13, Fort: 0 Ref: 3 Will: 3, Init 1, Perc 0/-4)

Night
diplomacy to get to know the group: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Rum action: Dispose 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
--------------------------------

After the long hard day Duo Does his best to get out of drinking the rum offered. Later on that night he will spend time talking with the crew that are friends.

I think Duo will stay Oracle for level 2


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 12: night
Perform check (untrained) With Rosies help
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Rum action: Dispose
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
---------------------------------
I walk over to Rosie and Tell her to start performing a loud and fast melody and start making some joyous music and I will accompany her with singing of a sea shanty I know from a long long time ago. I start Singing

In the Black Ball Line Oh! I served me time,
Timme way-ay-ay a Rio!
In the Black Ball line, I served me time,
Hurrah for the Black Ball line!

Hey, Black Ball ships are good and true,
Timme way-ay-ay a Rio!
They are the ships for me and you.
Hurrah for the Black Ball line!

Hey! There was once a Black Ball ship,
That fourteen knots an hour could clip.

Oh! They carry you where the winds don't blow,
They carry you through the frost and snow.

Oh! If you want to join a good gold mine,
Just take a trip to Liverpool.

To Liverpool the packet school,
To Liverpool that Yankee school.

Hey! Yankee sailors you'll see there,
With red-topped boots and close-cropped hair.

Oh, in the Black Ball line, oh I served me time,
In the Black Ball line I wasted me prime

NOTES: for levels see discussion


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 12, Night

Rum Ration: Sip 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 vs DC 10
Gather Information: Hostiles 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Influence: Tam "Narwhal" Tate 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26

Aoro spends his evening talking, trying to discreetly gain information of the few crewmen that where not on good terms with him. He singles out Tam, inviting him to join himself and Fishguts.

"Why not join us for a good drink and stories. I am sure their is one behind your nickname "Narwhal". I rather interesting one I would wager."

He shares most of his rum with the dwarf as well.

Anything found out about "Narwhal", Aoro will use during their talk.

Edit-You have got to be kidding me, double nat 1's back to back. xZ


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Day 12 (Night)

Sunny as usual waters her Rum down into Grog and spends the evening dancing, singing, giggling and generally having fun with folks.

Geee...pretty much every one who socializes with us characters be friendly all ready?

Perform Dance:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 (Plus any bonuses her her usual nekkid-ness) (^_^)

Eventually snuggling up with 1)Shivika, 2)Cochobhar, 3)Aretta, 4)Jack, 5)Barefoot, 6)Maheemn, 7)Sandara, 8) Dou, 9)Tilly, 10)Lanliss, 11)Herbert, 12) Aoro, 13) Alestone 14) DM random pick (^_^)

1d14 ⇒ 4

So, Sunny and Jack in a hammock. (^_^)


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Your so cold Sunny, he is just a boy. Why must you torture him so. xP


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*Looks innocently @ Aoro* I dun't know whut ye mean? I been snugglin' with folks fer as long as I can remember. Why, all'a my kin folk, we snuggle all'a time... A;sides, Sunny in't cold at'all. She be nice an' warm and friendly. (^_^)


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

damn kid get's more then me.. /cry


Shade Psion 18

Day 12

Nighttime

@Aoro: You're fatigued for the night. It shouldn't matter much. :)

You all engage in the various activities of the night. Several of the pirates congratulate Lanliss on successfully reaching the boat. He and Rosie sing a raucous shanty that the crew seem to enjoy greatly. You get a +2 bonus to influence crew members during the next day. Aoro, you manage to get Narwhal to warm up to you slightly. He becomes unfriendly. I'll add info on the hostiles a bit later. Jack is very surprised by the sudden addition to his hammock, but quickly settles to the sudden change.

Day 13

Daytime - Drowned Vermin

You all are awoken the following day by the ship's haunting bells once again. Everyone presents themselves on deck and Master Scourge and Mister Plugg hand out the jobs.

Your jobs are interrupted early in the day by the following, so don't worry about the specifics of them all.

After less than an hour, there is a call that goes out. A ship's been sighted. As the Wormwood grows closer, you all can see that the ship is listing badly to port. The officers gather on the poop deck and begin talking amongst each other with the captain. The rest of the crew on deck gather about in a couple of groups.

Tilly looks out towards the ship, "Emperor of the Waves... I wonder whose ship that is?" There appears to be no one on board the other ship.

Knowledge(local) DC 15:
The Emperor of the Waves is a missing ship owned by the Aspis Consortium.

You all have a few rounds to talk amongst yourselves before I continue. Let me know what actions you do.


Male Aasimar Tattooed Sorcerer (AC 13/ HP 22/ Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +5/ Init +2/ Perception +5)

Day 13

The first thought that comes to mind is trap. They just stumble on to a ship at sea and its not running at the sight of another ship, its the shackles after all.

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 vs DC 15
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

He cast a pair of quick spells while no one is looking. One that will let him see any magic at work and another so he can keep in secret contact with people he chooses. Yet for the moment he just listens to what people are talking about concerning the ship.

Cast Detect Magic and Message

After he thinks for a moment it comes to mind.

"Thats a missing ship owned by the Aspis Consortium."

That was not a good thing. That organization had a reputation and ties to a city in the shackles.

Edit- Sense I made the roll


Male Elf Alchemist 2nd (Armor Class: 15 /19 / Hit Points: 13 / Saving Throws Fort +3,Reflex +5,Will +1 / Initiative +2 / Perception +8 Alchemist 2nd

Day 13: Ship Ahoy
Perception check one of each direction
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28... N
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17... E
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9... S
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25... W
----------------------------------------------------

Hearing the call that a ship has been sighted, I look around to see what is going on hoping to catch site of the ship. Once I see it I bend to one knee and look in my forumla book and mix up an extract of vanish. After completing the extract I look around to see whateveryone else is doing and then wait for orders.


Island Elf(link) Perception:+9, Init:+4, HP43/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny scampers up onto deck and bounces to attention along with every one else.

At the distraction of the listing ship the Wyrmwood is approaching Sunny too crowds the railing to see.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Know Local:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Sunny frowns...

"I think this be somat whut folks of th' sea might be up to..." She gives her opinion to no one in particular. Then bounces over to the Officers. (¬_¬)

"So, would volunteers be called fer t'go have a looky?" She asks brightly. (^_^)


Dwarf Monk 2(Drunken Master/Sensei)/AC 16/19HP/F+7/R+6/W+7/Init +2/Percp +9

Alestone speaks

" Oy, A 'no'er ship, twas beginnin' to think we was alone out 'ere."

before quickly sneaking a sip from his flask.

501 to 550 of 2,375 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Plunder & Infamy - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.