Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,897 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian

Eying the rope, Gilgar takes one step forward. If it moves in concert with his step, there's an audible *huff*, then he growls "Damn... Passage looped. Backtrack." With that, he moves past his two companions to the last junction, and takes what is now the right passage (i.e. the "straight" described earlier.)...


Heh.

As Gilgar moves, the rope on the floor does mirror his action. As he turns to push past the druid and the ranger, he hears the faintest of sounds. Something is close - too close. Before he can say anything, the tunnel is filled with flame.

Based on the Perception checks earlier, Gilgar and Graymoon are not flat-footed and can act in the surprise round. Nox, however, is caught off-guard.

Initiative rolls, please. Also, I will need a Reflex save from all three characters to escape or minimize the effect of the flames.

EDIT: Reflex DC 14 or take Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9. If you make the save, half damage.


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Dwarf Barbarian

Ref Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 reflex


Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Even I don't listen to the DM. That's not a good sign.


GM Screen:
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

I have a map 95% done. I hope to have it up today.


Map!

Your foe got the drop on you, so he acted first. Gilgar and Graymoon detected him and get a turn before the surprise round ends. Gilgar is up first! The smoke is thick enough to obscure your target - 20% miss chance.

GM Screen:
Wait time: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Dwarf Barbarian

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 93
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


The dog-like creature just evades the dwarf's swing, pulling back in time to avoid a debilitating blow.

Graymoon spends his single action moving. He is now in the square south of Gilgar on the map. That being the only change, I don't refresh the map yet.

First (Normal) Round

Initiative Order
13 Gilgar
11 Critter
07 Graymoon
03 Nox

Gilgar is up to bat again! Two attacks before my poor critter can reply. Sheesh!


Dwarf Barbarian

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 73
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The cursing and increasingly volume-intensive incoherent ranting makes it apparent that Gilgar has just incurred "strike two"...


Grr.. I thought I was waiting for someone else to take a turn... I will take the critter's action shortly.


The dog-creature lunges in at the dwarf to bite at him, fire flowing from its mouth.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Nox:
Just curious what you did with the ring you picked up here: Link


Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 24

A whiff of burning flesh is apparent as the creature connects with the dwarf's leg.


The elf tries to slip behind the dwarf and alongside the fiery dog.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Nimbly avoiding any opening for the beast to bite at him, the ranger attempts to bring the sword down on the creature's head.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Unfortunately, his blow is not as close as the dwarf's failed attacks.

Nox is up! We have three clean misses vs. one automatically-cauterized bite.


Male Elf Druid 4

ring:
I dont' think we have stopped moving yet to examine the ring further, so Nox is carrying it

Nox will lay a hand of the barbarian's shoulder and whisper some odd words

Bull Strength +4 to Strength


I will rule that Nox has cover from the creature and therefore is not subject to an AoO.

Starting Round 2: Gilgar is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 94
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


A hit! A palatable hit!

The creature howls a terrible cry, then lunges at Gilgar once again.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 71

Once again, the dwarf is scorched.


Graymoon tries again to aid his ally, again to no avail.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Frustrated with his failures to connect, he decides to try to give the dwarf an advantage and moves to flank the creature.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

His failure this time leaves the dog an opening and it lashes out, rewarded by the sizzle of elven flesh.

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 81

Nox is up! Gilgar has drawn blood, but the creature has struck him and Graymoon both.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Heal Check to attempt to see how bad his combrades are hurt.


Graymoon is critically injured (down to around a quarter of his hit points); Gilgar is seriously injured (down to around a half of his hit points.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Acrobatics to move behind Graymoon
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 touch attack to apply spell
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9 cure moderate wounds, applied to Graymoon


"Much appreciated, Nox."

Ready for Round 3! Gilgar is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 9 And the whiff chance strikes! Even though I'm sure the attack would've missed...
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


The attack did indeed miss.

The creature growls and withdraws into the smoke, flaming blood dripping and sizzling on the floor as it moves.

No attack of opportunity because it took the withdraw action; it cannot attack because the withdraw action is a full-round action.

Still in rounds, I need perception checks from each of you.

GM Screen:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Graymoon takes up a defensive stance, looking around warily for the creature to return.

Nox is up!


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 perception


Strain as he might, the druid is unable to where the creature went or what else might be nearby in the smoke. Feel free to state a round's worth of actions, sir.


Male Elf Druid 4

If you are able to move forward friends, I can get us a bit of wind which may clear the smoke away.

if they concur, Nox will cast Gust of Wind down the hallway to give some clarity.


I'll leave the strategy to Nox and Gilgar. Graymoon will follow your lead.


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Gilgar grunts an affirmative at Nox's suggestion of clearing smoke away, and shuffles a few steps in the direction that he thinks the thing went.


It definitely moved directly away, which should take it deeper into the complex. You can even see blood stains to confirm.

Since speaking is a free action, I'm going to rule that Nox can proceed with his turn - casting if desired.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will move forward till he is just in front of Gilgar, and will listen for sounds of the beast.

1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 perception

He will contine to move forward slowly until he gets some sign of the beast, or some other, and will cast gust of wind to disperse the smoke at that point


Assuming Gilgar moves to accommodate the tightening rope as NOx moves away from him...

The druid cautiously moves forward, finding natural column on his left, then the wall on his right. He continues and finds the rough hallway makes a definite turn to the left. Full movement, still smoky, no dog-thing.

Round 4, Gilgar's up!


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Gilgar creeps forward behind Nox, listening for any sign of the horrid beast...


Graymoon follows, monitoring the area behind the party.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Nox is up.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 perception

Nox will continue to move forward slowly.


As he moves forward, the air becomes hot and oppressive. The sounds of a roaring forge and metal being worked begins to echo through the tunnel. If anything, the smoke is thicker.

Round 5, Gilgar's up!


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Gilgar tries to steer the group towards the sounds of the forge...


You can smell it. The smoke is so thick, you can't see the ranger when you look over you shoulder, just the Druid to your left. Suddenly the ranger curses as the smoke turns yellow with flame from behind you.

Reflex saves, gentlemen!


Dwarf Barbarian

Ref Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Ooooh boy...


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 reflex


Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Gilgar takes full damage, but the elves each only take half.

The creature is directly behind Graymoon and 10' from each of the others.

Graymoon is up, we are now in Round 5.


Even as the creature's fiery exhale is just beginning, Graymoon is throwing himeself to the side in hopes of getting around behind it. Only partially successful in evading the fire, he hopes for better as he maneuvers.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

With deceptive ease, he finds himself behind the dog and whips the sword up and through an attempt to disembowel it.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Missing badly once again.

Nox, then Gilgar starts round 6!


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox, having the spell readied, will cast 'Gust of Wind' at the creatures in an attempt to slow the creature and temporarily remove the smoke which has been concealing it.


There is a lot of swirling as the smoke (which originated behind you) is sucked into the vortex that the rushing wind causes and you hear cries of surprise from the allies waiting in the room outside.

The smoke is quickly cleared as the creature and Graymoon both set their feet as they are hit by the brunt of the gust.

Gilgar!


Dwarf Barbarian

Finally seeing his foe clearly, Gilgar immediately rages and charges the damnable thing...

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging + Charge: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging + Charge: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Stupid dice... I'm gonna die...

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,897 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.