Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,877 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin will move to finish his prone combatant

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 bite attack
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 bite damage


Perrin does indeed finish off the prone combatant.

GM Screen:

Dark Talon attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

The kobold that Graymoon missed wields a length of chain with a cruel-looking three-pronged claw on the business end. No sooner does Graymoon miss than the leader hisses and throws the claw at Graymoon. The sudden attack goes astray, however, throwing sparks where it hits the wall.

Nox and Gilgar, you're up!


Male Elf Druid 4

Seeing #1 fall, Nox will move forward until he sees a kobold pop up out of the kettle, and he loose his projectile.

Stay in cookpot children, and you might live to see supper
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d6 ⇒ 3

After firing(assuming one stick their head up), Nox will continue his move to where he is 10 feet away from the pot against the wall opposite the side Graymoon turned.


Nox:
You realize now that you are closer to the pot and not engaged in combat that the pot is not sitting on the floor, but suspended in midair over a hole in the floor.


Next up, the Gilgarian!


Dwarf Barbarian

A very loud, disturbing roar erupts from Gilgar, who apparently thinks it's the place of kobolds to just lay down and die instead of fight back. He bellows out something totally incoherent, except for the word "DIIIIE!!!" at the end before shuddering and losing complete control, attacking his previous target...

Rage...

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Initatives:

16 Kobold Guards
14 Graymoon
14 Kobold Shaman
11 Perrin
08 Kobold Leader
07 Nox
07 Gilgar

Status update: Kobolds #1, #2, and #4 are down. #3 is cowering in the kettle after ducking down from Nox's errant shot.

Kobold #3 pops back up and stabs at Perrin before ducking down again.

GM Screen:

Kobold #3 attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

His spear finds wolf again to the tune of 2 points of damage.

Graymoon is up!


Graymoon presses the attack. The kobold keeps his back to the corner, so a flank is not available.

Graymoon attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15 includes Favored Enemy bonus
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12 includes Favored Enemy bonus

The creature is able to dodge the ranger's attacks once again.

Perrin is up!


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin will attempt to jump into the kettle to attack the kobold who keeps tickling him.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 acrobatics

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 bite attack would cowering in the kettle inhibit his AC for lack of space?
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 bite damage
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 trip attack


Perrin's first leap is not enough, but the second lands him next to a now-panicked kobold. The kettle sways considerably with the sudden additional weight and momentum.

GM Screen:
Leader's attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

The leader throws the business end of his odd weapon at Graymoon once again, but the elf deftly jumps over the low attack.

Gilgar, Nox -you are up!


Male Elf Druid 4

Hearing the screaching of the chain against the wall, Nox will move to where he can see down the hallway and will attempt to fire when he can see the kobold leader

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 bow attack

1d6 ⇒ 1 arrow damage


Nox' movement last round brought him into the room. He can move around to get a visual.

Even firing into melee, or maybe because of it, Nox is able to wound the kobold, however slightly, which only seems to anger it even more.


Dwarf Barbarian

If possible to charge the chief, Gilgar bellows more booming, froth-laden, incoherency and rushes to attack the little dude. (If not possible to charge, subtract the included bonus, please.)

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


No charge - Gilgar and Graymoon are adjacent to the leader, who is backed into a corner. The attack is effective and devastating, however.

A spear comes flying out of the kettle, followed by a fleeing kobold. Perrin gets an AOO if he wants it. A successful trip will prevent the kobold's flight.


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin tries to grab some fast good

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Bite Attack
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Bite Damage (just in case)


The kobold's flailing frustrates the wolf's aim and the last guard flops out onto the floor. Leaving his spear, he slides toward the base of the kettle as though he's planning to hide under it, then disappears.


Graymoon sets his feet and tries again.

Graymoon attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 includes Favored Enemy bonus
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 includes Favored Enemy bonus

Unbelievable!The creature is able to dodge the ranger's attacks once again.

Perrin is up!


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin will chase after the kobold who he frightened out of the kettle and will try to find him in the room not having seen him slide under the kettle.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Perception scent(track)


GM Screen:
Kobold leader's attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Falling damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Graymoon Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Perrin easily finds where his prey went, but seems unwilling to follow. He stands growling, like he's waiting for the kobold to pop back out. There is a somewhat muffled crash from below the kettle, however, accompanied by an equally muffled cry, quickly cut short.

Perhaps angered at his last ally's desertion, the leader redoubles his attacks. With a successful feint, he is able to catch Graymoon unable to dodge effectively and the ranger takes the claw full in the chest. The elf sucks in a quick breath, "Desna above, but that burns. Finish him off!"


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will charge at the kobold leader dropping his bow as he goes, leaping and pulling his rapier to slice across the chest of the chain wielding enemy.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 rapier attack crit threat
1d6 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 crit confirm


GM Screen:
Leader's attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

As the druid lunges, the little reptilian reacts quickly, sending the claw flying toward the elf AoO - the claw is a reach weapon. Fortunately, the kobold's aim is high and the rapier passes underneath to score a direct hit. Only the creature's armor prevents him from being run through as it slows the piercing weapon's progress.

Gilgar! Kobold mess to be made in aisle 2!


Dwarf Barbarian

"RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Rage round 3

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Yup, now there's a kobold mess in aisle 2! Leader down.

What do you want to do? There are NOCs with ideas, of course.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar whirls around and, seeing no immediate enemies, relaxes slightly for a few strands of seconds before the fury within him fully ramps down...

Rage switch off...

Chest heaving and sweat dripping off his upper body, Gilgar wipes a brawny hand over his face as he surveys the rest of the room... "Ain't fer seein' no kids..."


Perrin continues his low growl at something beneath the suspended pot.

Now that you are in the room and not in the heat of battle, you can ascertain a few things - there is a door on the west wall, but it does not appear to have been opened recently; there is a smoke-filled hall on the east wall; the kettle is hanging suspended by chains over a circular hole in the floor.

The kobold cleric points at kettle, "You succeed, tribe lives; you fail, tribe dies. Yes? Clever kobold trapped kettle. Only hold one big-person at a time; more big-person, kettle fall." With this last statement, he points up at the ceiling where the chains are attached to a pulley and then over to the north wall. "Failed king down there."


The halfling bard peeks in after the sounds of battle have stopped. "So you let those in that room go, but you killed all present here. My friends and I lacked such subtle control, I'm afraid. Only one is left besides me, if they haven't killed him."

He points into the smoky hallway. "That's the wrong turn we took, thinking to hide in the smoke as these followed us. Something in the smoke grabbed the boy and it was all we could do to find our way out."

The girl Kimi stalks over to the smoke and looks over her shoulder. "Those monsters wanted all of us, they won't hurt Hollin until they have us all, I think. We have to get Jurin back from the chain-monster that grabbed him." She stands there impatiently staring at the dwarf.


Graymoon searches the leader for keys or anything of the like. He finds a small container of fluid and a empty matching empty container on the ground in the corner. Dipping his finger in the container and sniffing, he looks down at the wound in his chest. "No wonder it burns so. Poison. Have you an antidote?"

For the GM:

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Other than the containers, the possessions of the squad amount to the odd odd claw-weapon (the kobold spellcaster calls it a "flying talon"), a Small dagger, 2 Small javelins, a Small suit of Studded Leather armor (requiring some cleaning and repair), and four Small spears.


The kobold spellcaster simply shakes his head 'no'.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar looks down at the little girl and though he's still trying to recover his normal breathing, he grins and starts moving toward the smoke-filled hallway... "Ye gots grit, lass..." Moving to its entrance, Gilgar peers down the hallway, attempting to make out details... Without looking at the child, he says to the room in general "Ain't fer sure'n kids ought be trompin' around in this 'ere hall..."


Even with his darkvision, Gilgar can only see a few feet because the smoke is so thick. He can see, however, that these walls, unlike the rest of this level, are rough and unfinished. This is more like a mineshaft than a hallway.

Kimi's expression turns to something of a stubborn pout, but she says, "Fine. But if you run into trouble, I will be right here, listening. I'll come right away." She gathers up the fallen leader's javelins and a spear and stands near the opening.


Dwarf Barbarian

"Moradin's beard, I'm fer likin' ye, child!!!" Gilgar booms, his breath now coming almost normally once again... Turning to the others, he growls "Well??? Why ain't we movin'?" Then, his face contorts comically for just an instant before he barks out "Any uh ye got some rope?"


The two kobolds look at each other and raise their hands, shaking their heads, then as one, they both shout, "Oh, I know!" They slug each other in the shoulder, "No, I know! You don't know!"

Before it can get really ridiculous, Laucian intervenes. "Why don't both of you show me." He looks at Gilgar, "We'll be right back. I hope." The halfling bard falls into step with Laucian as the kobolds lead them back the way you came.

Meanwhile, Kimi grins with fierce pride when she thinks no one is looking. Savram has his arms wrapped around himself and he shivers, flinching if anyone comes near. Seeing this, a concerned Kimi leads both of the rescued boys to the far corner of the room where they sit close and you can hear her murmurred assurances that he's safe, they are all safe, and they will rescue Hollin and Jurin.

The ranger comes over, peering into the smoke. "My bow will be of prescious little use if I can't see farther than that. Time for the sword." He takes his bow and arrows over to the children and asks them to watch over the weapons - and to use them if necessary.

It takes more than ten minutes, but the kobolds come back lugging large roll of rope, each obviously trying to outdo the other. They easily have 200' of hemp between them. Laucian says, "They remembered where their guards were storing the ropes for hauling the 'shiny rock' down here. What do you want it for?"


Dwarf Barbarian

Grinning, Gilgar ties one end around his waist as he says "Tie t'other end tuh that kettle. I ain't fer meanin' tuh git lost in no stinkin' smoke."


Male Elf Druid 4

After retrieving his bow from where it was dropped, Nox will move to Gilgar, and produce 50 ft of silk rope and a grapping hook from his pack.

I have a bit as well, if it is needed.


Graymoon nods at the dwarf's plan and cuts a couple shorter lengths of rope. Tying one to his waist, he ties its other end to the rope attached to the dwarf. "One or two anchors back is plenty, but we may need to be able to find each other in this cloud. Want me to lead?" He coils the second rope and puts it over his shoulder before drawing his sword.

The two kobold slaves each take up the end of one of the trailing ropes. "You tug, we pull!" "One tug, pull, two tug, come help!" "No! Two tugs, pull, three tugs, send help!"

The kobold spellcaster moves over to where the two argue and fixes them with a stare that shuts them both up. Turning to the heroes, he asks, "Is there a signal?"

The little bard looks into the smoke, "Do you want me to come in? Or I can wait here for a signal and come running."

Sense Motive DC 12:
He appears to prefer the latter suggestion...


Male Elf Druid 4

Aye, someone should stay to make sure there are no nasty surprises in the back. Kimi will not be able to protect everyone by herself.

Nox will tie himself to the main rope a bit behind the lead pair, then will fasten his grappling hook to his length and will loop it over his shoulder.

he will then kneel down and whisper something to Perrin pointing at the children. Perrin will trot over and sit at the feet of the scared, cowering children.

Perrin will help to even the odds if needed.


Perrin noses each of the children, getting their scents, before turning to watch the room as he sits near them.

Perception checks from the three going into the smoke, please.


Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Dwarf Barbarian

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 perception


GM Screen:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

OK, I need a gameplan for how you intend to handle being in 3' visibility and marching order. At the entrance to the tunnels, it's between 10' and 15' wide.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox is intending to be 5 feet behind Gilgar and the thought is that he will heal/buff if needed


The elven ranger motions to the druid to go ahead. "I will watch your back. With these ropes, we need to be careful not to get tangled. Assuming the dwarf stays in the middle, I will go right. You stay left, near the wall, and we can retreat to your position if need be."


The trio ventures forth into the smoke. The tunnel trends generally to the right (facing it from the kettle room) and narrows to the point that each of you can reach out and touch both walls if you choose.

Suddenly, it opens wide again, but divides almost immediately into three narrow passages. Do you have a preference? Left, Right, Center? Or shall the dice roller decide?

Left, 1; Middle, 2; Right, 3: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar stops for a second, listening...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

If he hears nothing, and he probably doesn't, left is fine...


It's hard to tell with the natural disorientation of the thick smoke, but you think you've gone around 30' and the tunnel you chose has begun to move to your left. A few more steps and you come to another choice - straight or a 90-degree to your right.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gritting his teeth, Gilgar takes the right-hand passage.


You've come to a four-way intersection. Left, right, or straight ahead?


Dwarf Barbarian

With a growl and a scowl, Gilgar heads right again...


Gilgar notices that the rope is beginning to drag on the wall to his right. Ten feet further, he comes upon a rope running across the floor. It disappears into the smoke ahead and leads into a tunnel to his right.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,877 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.