Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,900 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar grins... "Ye gots grit, child. Duh ye 'member how many rooms from here the uthers is?"


Her eyes lose focus for a moment as she remembers the way they fled. "Uh-huh, that's easy. They got the elf and one of the boys with a poisoned spear, though. I don't know where they took them. The other two... I know where to look at least."


Dwarf Barbarian

Leaning up from his crouch, Gilgar surveys the carnage around to make sure that no new foes have entered the kill zone, then yells "Finish thuh blasted thing off! We gots places tuh go!"


GM Screen:
Yagrik 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Nox's aim is spoiled by the constant movement of the grapplers, so he does not take the shot for fear of hitting the halfling. Unless you really want to - then roll d100, 1 - 50 hits the intended target, 51 - 00 hits the halfling.

Kibbo and Jarrdreg both attempt to grab at the struggling kobolds arms.

Draconic:
"Traitors! Traitors! You would fight alongside these pink-skins against the true inheritors? Traitors!"

Graymoon tells them, "Hold him still and I will put him out of our collective misery." He stands, sword ready, for the wrestlers to present the kobold for a killing stroke. Or for him to escape. Readied action to strike.

The kobold struggles to free himself, but he's not strong enough to defeat three opponents at once. Would you believe another 1?

Perrin is up!


Male Elf Druid 4

Perrin darts from the room, having defeated one foe, and runs to the grappled group, launching himself at the throat of the sole standing kobold.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 bite attack
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 bite damage


GM Screen:

Edgrin 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 4 = 23
Graymoon attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (6) = 17
confirm 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The kobold screams in pain and redoubles his struggles.

Laucian keeps watch for any other threats.

The halfing is able to pin the kobold, this time with the aid of the former slaves.

Graymoon takes the opportunity to kill the helpless creature. Oh, sure. Now he confirms a critical.

Silence reigns. Only the sound of those catching their breath disturbs it - that and the panicked cries of two fleeing kobolds.


Dwarf Barbarian

"Took ye long uhnuff..." Gilgar mutters as the remaining kobold expires, then he stands, motioning to the table... "No time fer restin'. Kimi 'ere 'members where it were some uh the uther kids is. We'd best see to it quick..."


Male Elf Druid 4

Very well then, where are they child?


The halfling stands, dusts himself off, and introduces himself. "Edgrin Galesong, formerly of the Gray Eagles adventuring troupe, at your service. We were beset by a large force of kobolds. Unfortunately, all of my fellows other than Tyran Moonsilver were killed or," he closes his eyes for a moment, "eaten after our capture. Tyran and one of the boys fell to the little beasts' poison spears before we'd gotten far in making our escape."

He looks around, suddenly concerned, "Kimi, where is Savram? Did you find a dark-haired boy child as you entered?" His last question is directed to the party.

Edgrin is a sweaty, moon-faced little halfling, his once-debonair, brocaded, green velvet doublet and silk leggings are torn and covered in grime. His splintered lute still hangs on a strap at his side.

Kimi Eavewalker is a black-haired young half-elf girl with fierce green eyes wearing a leather hunting vest, slacks, and high hard boots, looking like a miniaturized adventurer.

Mikra is taller and obviously older than Kimi, but behaves younger. He wears simple but sturdy clothing, more similar to peasant garb than that of an adventurer. Now that the fighting has ended, he has calmed down and looks at the adventurers, especially the dwarf, with shy curiosity, but stays near Kimi.


Male Elf Druid 4

Well met Edgrin Galesong, I am Nox La'Athvanna, Druid of these woods. My cohorts and I have come to this place in search of the children taken from a nearby orphanage. I am sorry to tell you that before coming across you, Kimi, and Mikra, we have seen no children in some time.

What can you tell us of this kobold band?


He looks concerned. "Savram was with us when the kobolds caught us here. Kimi and I tried to draw them to the side of the room so Savram and Mikra could run and get help. Or at least live to tell the tale."

He looks around the room again. "This band? Well, there are some that are more better fighters than these, but I don't think as many. I've seen their king once - he's bent on overrunning the world like any petty dictator, I suppose, but I think one of his wives leads him around by the nose, to be honest. And they have had problems - their tribe is dying - and the shaman had a vision that their crown needed to be bathed in the blood of human children to remove the taint. Tyran and I were resigned to dying down here for the tribe's supper some night, but we couldn't let these kids just die without trying. We made a break for it, but only teh four of us made it this far. And now we've lost Savram, too."


Pointing in the direction the kobolds fled, "If he didn't run past us, maybe he ran back that way. They might have already caught him again."


Male Elf Druid 4

It would appear we have little time. We should be on our way, to see if we can save any more of the prisoners. Are you all well enough to travel?


The chubby halfling puffs up his chest. "I swore I would die to get these children free. Tell me what you need me to do."

Kimi stands, dragging Mikra to a standing position. "We're not leaving without our friends."

Laucian walks over to Mikra and Kimi. "Stay by me. We'll be close if the others need us. Where do we need to go?"

Edgrin points down the hall. "We came up from the depths in a rather clever little contraption the kobolds rigged up. It is down the hall to the right. Savram and Jurin were still with us at that point, but the kobolds trying to caught up to us. In our rush, we went the wrong way and lost Jurin there. We need to rescue him before that monster does something terrible."


Male Elf Druid 4

Show us the way friend.


Marching order and perception checks, please.

The little halfling nods, straightens his jacket, and heads down the hallway where the kobolds fled. Laucian renews his illumination spell and keeps it in the middle of the party.


Male Elf Druid 4

My thoughts were Gilgar, then Graymoon, and the halfling. Then the children with Laucian and Nox and Perrin guarding the rear with Bow out to provide ranged as is available.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Nox Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Perrin Perception


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar's clearly itching to be up front...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


As you move down the hall, you come to a hallway on your right. Ten feet past this intersection is a pair of doors, one of which is slightly ajar.

Edgrin looks at it, troubled. "We definitely came from the right and young Jurin is that way, but I'm pretty sure that door was closed when we came through."

Nox:
You hear a steady but distant drip of water, probably from the door, but there's something else you can't put your finger on. Movement? Voices? It's too indistinct to know for sure.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox whispers I hear something and moves stealthily towards the door

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 stealth


Nox:
As you get closer to the door, the sound of water drowns ha! out most sound, but you think you hear two things: wooden sticks being rapped against one another or something hard and a child's sob.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox, turns back to the group, and waves them forward then places a finger to his lips as he moves to a position that will allow him to open the door for whoever is first in line.


Dwarf Barbarian

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Moving as quietly as he can, Gilgar comically tippy-toes up to the door, listening...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Gilgar:
The sound of water reverberates from within - no check necessary - but it obscures any other sounds. You do think you hear the sound of wood on wood, but it's hard to tell.


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Graymoon signals to Laucian and the kids to remain where they are before moving over to join Nox and Gilgar. Perrin waits near Nox' feet, sniffing at the ground. Edgrin waits by the intersection, indecision clear on his face.

Graymoon has his bow readied.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will open the door quietly if possible, and if it creaks he will open it quickly. Whichever appears to give a better chance at surprise.


The ancient stone door is not quiet, but is surprisingly easy to open with only a minimum of scraping along the bottom edge. Throwing the door open, Nox and the others see a dark ossuary, cold and full of the sound of dripping water. A dark corridor runs north down the center of the room. To either side, two large bays open into small niches that contain ancient dwarven skeletons. At the far end of the corridor rests a large iron anvil.

There is no visible movement and the wooden clacking sounds stops as the door opens.


Dwarf Barbarian

Stepping in, Gilgar checks behind the door, then surveys the area, looking for movement or other signs of life.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Gilgar:
You hear quiet sobbing down the passage to the north. Maybe near the anvil?


Dwarf Barbarian

Stepping out of the room quickly, Gilgar looks to Kimi, saying "Some'n's cryin' in 'ere. Ye wanna call out tuh 'em? Get jus' inside thu door 'ere."


She nods curtly and steps into the door. She calls out, "Savram? Is that you? We have found help! You don't have to hide!"

The response is louder than the crying had been, but is nearly incomprehensible. You can make out the phrases "hurt me" and "can't reach me here" among the panicked outpouring of words.

She looks over to the door where the party waits. "That's Savram's voice. We have to go get him."


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar moves forward quickly, heading directly for the sound of the voice.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will kneel down and whisper something to Perrin, who will trot in after Gilgar


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Perrin will put his nose to the floor as soon as he enters and move around the room.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 perception scent


The two kobolds don't approach the door, peering from their respective positions. Jarrdreg whispers, "Bad, bad place. Mighty axey-axe very brave."

As the dwarf starts down the corridor, the wolf, growling and nose to the ground, slips around his feet and heads down the right side of the corridor. Gilgar can see a series of openings in the wall, narrow but reaching floor to ceiling. As the wolf passes the first opening on the right, a skeletal claw just misses, but a second claw from the next opening strikes the canine. 2 points of damage to Perrin.

Perception rolls and initiatives, please.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Nox Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Perrin Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Nox Initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Perrin Initiative


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Near where the claw tagged Perrin, a few dark spots can be seen in the dust alongside small shod footprints. Based on the location, it's a fair assumption that the spots are blood, but if that's all the blood lost, it's pretty inconsequential, even for a child.

GM Screen:
Skeletons Init 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Kimi init1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Graymoon Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Everyone with a better initiative than the claws gets to go first. After the bad guys go, the entire party can go in whatever order. The less martially-inclined characters and the NPCs will mostly stay back unless someone asks them to do something.

So, in any order, Gilgar, Nox, Graymoon.


Male Elf Druid 4

Perrin snaps at the nearest skeleton

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 bite attack

Nox, seeing Perrin get slashed will run to the nearest skeleton drawing his rapier as he goes Quick Draw

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 rapier attack
1d6 ⇒ 2 rapier damage


The skeletons are reaching through a narrow gap, giving them cover, but Nox' hit would be on target if the foe had flesh to pierce. Alas, the blade merely deflects off of a rib.

Perrin can't even reach his target. Perhaps with better timing he can have a bone to chew.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar, emitting a growl that sounds as determined as it does unnerved, forges ahead as quickly as he can, doing his best to ignore the undead and find the boy.

"Where be ye, boy?!?!?"


Kimi pushes through right behind the dwarf (which means he takes all of the attacks of opportunity!) and once they are clear of the grasping claws, steps clear of him. "Savram, where are you?"

The whimpering response comes from behind the massive anvil. The area behind it is too tight for the dwarf. Kimi is on hands and knees crawling back there before he can think to stop her.

If you intend to engage the skeletons, I will share the map. If you are going to grab-n-go, I won't bother with the update. What say ye?


Male Elf Druid 4

I say grab and go if we can manage it.


Dwarf Barbarian

Grab n' go = WIN


GM Screen:

Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Skeleton 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grab-n-go it is. Note that the corridor is 10' across and there are five gaps in each side sporting claws. Passing down either side provokes AoO, but only from one side. In the rush through the gauntlet of claws, Gilgar is scratched for 3 points of damage.

Kimi has little trouble talking the panicked boy out from behind the anvil. She stands up, takes a hold of his hand and says, "OK, we're going to run out of here to our friends. Are you ready?" The boy shyly looks at the dwarf, hiding partway behind the girl, but he nods.

Gilgar winks at the boy, takes up his weapon, and charges through the grasping claws with a roar. Right on his heels, the children follow at full speed.

Three of the claws swipe at the dwarf, who blocks them with the flat of his blade like a shield. The last two reach for the children, causing Savram to shriek, but both miss badly.

Congratulations, you have the boy. Although the niches you can see are open, the skeletons do not issue forth to attack further and the claws withdraw into the walls to the wooden clicking sound you saw earlier.


Dwarf Barbarian

Once out of the room, Gilgar crouches down to address Savram. "Aye, lad... Yer gunnuh be a'right. Stick close tuh Kimi 'ere, an' ye be lettin' us handle what baddies 'er left..." With that, Gilgar gives a quick glance at the two kobolds who've been helping thus far... "An' don't ye worry 'bout them two. I dun tell'd 'em tuh behave... er else... We'll get ye home safe, boy."


With eyes the size of saucers, the pale lad just nods. Not pale as in ill - he looks like rarely gets out of the house. Kimi, on the other hand, is so tan you have wonder if she's ever been inside a house at all.

Edgrin waits anxiously near the intersection with Laucian and Mikra. His relief is obvious and genuine when he sees Savram exit with you. "You truly are heroes. When I get time, I shall create a ballad and all will know of the heroes of Darkwood Vale, mark my words."


Dwarf Barbarian

I should've asked... is the pair of doors a set of double doors, or separate? What are our options moving forward, Mr. DM?


The doors into the ossuary where the skeletons were located? Those are double doors, the left of which is currently open.

As for moving forward, the hallway turns east shortly before reaching these double doors - you presume that's the direction that the kobolds fled and it's the direction that Edgrin has indicated (though perhaps not the DM) in which the other boy can be found.


Dwarf Barbarian

Standing up from reassuring the boy, Gilgar ignores the praise from Edgrin, moving down the aforementioned hallway looking for something else that needs killed... Once his face is turned away from the party and children, Gilgar grimaces at the thought of having to be that close to undead things, but he quickly knots his face back into a half-scowl and carries on.

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,900 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.