Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,877 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian

"Aye" the burly, and surly, Dwarf mutters as he inspects the items without touching them... Then, suddenly remembering they have prisoners, his head snaps up, two different stern looks warring for real estate as he makes sure he can see them and they're not being stupid.


The kobolds are quite excited about the victory, chattering up a storm with Laucian as they hop from one foot to the other.


"The axe and armor are not really my style. If one of you would use it, take it."


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox leans down and whispers something to Perrin, who trots over nearer the kobolds, sitting head high facing so that they are between he and Laucian.

Nox turns back to Gilgar and Graymoon I expect that racket may have been heard bouncing off these stone walls my friends. Shall we equip and pick a hallway?


Dwarf Barbarian

Deciding that the gear is good stuff, Gilgar picks up the axe and armor. Hauling the armor back to the exit stairs, he sticks it in a corner for retrieval later, straps the glowing axe to his back, and is ready to move.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox turns to the Kobolds: Now, my friends, if you don't mind we would like to be continuing on our way


Both kobolds nod eagerly and jump to face the druid. "Yes, sir, He-Who-Commands-Wolves!" "No, he commands fire - didn't you see what he did in there? Told that fire what to do, and it did it. The wolf just sat there and watched." "No, before that, you idiot! He commanded the wolf to sit there, and it sat there!" Punch in the shoulder. "You dimwit! The wolf sat there because it wanted to sit there!"

Laucian steps between to intercede. "I'm sure this debate could go on for some time, but I believe what Master Nox needs is for the two of you to lead us to the children."

"Oh, yes! The pink bl...." He stops himself at his fellow's elbow to the ribs so suddenly, you think he may have swallowed his tongue. "He means the children. You want to find the children." Vigorous nodding all around.

Their counsel is essentially to head straight down the hallway where the gelatinous cube was encountered. Map update forthcoming, probably tomorrow.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will query towards their near slip of the tongue as they walk.

What did you almost say there kobold? The Pink what?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eyes wide, he keeps his lips pressed firmly together and shakes his head.

The other kobold points and says, "Kibbo almost call children what kobold masters call them. Not nice. Not want to anger heroes that save us from cruel masters."


Male Elf Druid 4

If they are the ones with the mean words, why would we get mad at you for telling us what they said. They are not your words. Do you know what they wanted with the children? Is it their blood that will go on the crown?

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 diplomacy


New map!

Kibbo, looking very uncomfortable, mumbles, "Kibbo show Mighty Axey-Axe and Mighty Longblade where next." He moves to the front of the party.

Jarrdreg, realizing he's been left to explain alone, gulps visibly. "Um, yes, the prophesy says blood of pink-skin young, so warriors go to steal, um, pink blood-bags for the crown." He cringes. "We help save children, though, we no want blood on crown, yes?"

The map shows 60' from the intersection, so that's what Gilgar can see without light. I'm assuming that Laucian will use his Dancing Lights to illuminate the same for the rest of the party. If you want him to send his lights out farther, you have but to ask. Oh, and the things visible to the left appear to beds or bunks of some sort. They are made up identically and very tightly. You might not be able to bounce a gold piece on it, but then again, you might be able to...


Dwarf Barbarian

"Tuh them kids." is all Gilgar growls.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox looks to where Kibbo has moved towards with a pained look Yes, Jarrdreg, no blood for the crown.


Perception checks, please.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Nox Perception
I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Perrin Perception
marco..............damn


Nice roll!

Nox:
Your eyes can't pick anything out yet, but you notice something that causes you to stop Laucian as he gets ready to push the magic illumination down the hallway ahead of you.

Pausing, you hear the sounds of a pitched battle, and it's close. They probably didn't hear your fight because they were already in a battle themselves. Two voices stand out - one presumably an adult shouting "En Garde!" and "Take that, you fiend!" and a younger voice, likely a girl, yelling "Ow!" followed quickly by a thud and and angry reply in Draconic.

When you have Laucian darken his lights, you can make out feeble torchlight in the room up ahead, to the left.


Male Elf Druid 4

There is battle ahead. I think it may come from that light room ahead to the left. Hurry friends, I hear draconic and common and at least one young one.

with that Nox and Perrin will trot ahead


DM Screen:
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Some explanation to go with Nox' spoilered information up above - he heard something and asked Laucian to douse his lights. Once the glare of those lights was gone, it was apparent that feeble torchlight is coming from around the corner of a room up ahead.

Graymoon pauses to listen. "Good ears, Nox, but hold up."

Moving like a ghost down the darkened hallway, the ranger stows his sword and readies his bow. Getting to the corner, he peeks around and hold up a hand, fingers outstretched, then closes all but two.

He comes back to meet the rest of the party about 10' from the corner and whispers his report. "Six kobolds like we defeated earlier and one that has an odd weapon; four kids, but one might be a halfling."


Dwarf Barbarian

Displaying a half-grin half-snarl, Gilgar hefts his axe, and moves forward.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will have readied himself just short of the door way at Graymoon's words.


Map upcoming. And I need to convert some stats for your adversaries - as well as your new allies.


Map!

Three large stone tables stand in the middle of this room, while the long benches that once stood next to them have been knocked askew and overturned.

In the lower left of the map, a stout boy or a halfling man grapples with a kobold slightly larger than the others you've seen. An odd weapon that almost looks like a metal bird's claw on a length of chain is on the floor next to them.

Four kobolds are gathered around a table in the middle of the room pointing underneath and laughing. You can't see what has their attention, but you can hear a child crying, "Kimi! Kimi! Help me, Kimi!"

Two more kobolds have a girl cornered in the far corner. She carries an impromptu club and the kobolds seem hesitant to approach. "Mikra, run! Run!"

Initiatives!


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Nox initiative
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Perrin initiative


Dwarf Barbarian

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh boy...


GM Screen:

Kibbo 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Jarrdreg 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Edgrin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Yagrik 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Warriors 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Graymoon 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Laucian 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

21 Nox
20 Kibbo
16 Graymoon
13 Perrin
12 Jarrdreg
10 Laucian
05 Gilgar

Surprise round! Nox is up - I'll add in your adversaries and potential allies as their turns come up.


Male Elf Druid 4

Peaking around the corner, Nox quickly assesses the situation and takes a quick 5 foot step to put the nearest kobold(#3) in shooting view, and fires an arrow.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 bow attack
1d6 ⇒ 5 arrow damage


Kibbo gives Gilgar an exaggerated wink before running straight into the room. After a few steps he (apparently on purpose) runs into a bench, throws his hands in the air, and screams, "Aaaaggggggh!" He disappears through the opening on the north side of the room.

The kobolds around the table all look up and a child peeks out from under the bench at the little slave's antics.

Meanwhile, Graymoon brings his bow to bear on Nox's target, who was sufficiently distracted that he didn't even realize he'd been targeted by the druid's errant shot.

Attack #1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Attack #2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

But neither shot is any more effective than Nox's - but he definitely knows someone's shooting at him now!

More to come...


Male Elf Druid 4

Perrin leaps forward to attack the kobold that the 2 elves targeted.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 bite attack

and he whiffs


GM Screen:

Yagrik CMB 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Jarrdreg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The larger kobold renews his struggles and appears to free himself from the other grappler.

Jarrdreg steps around the corner and lets fly with a stone, plunking his target (#3) in the back of the head.

Laucian re-enables his magical torches and sends them into the center of the room, swirling them around the four bully kobolds.

Gilgar is up! (Yes, he beat most of the kobolds with an initiative roll of 5 - disgusting, isn't it?)


Dwarf Barbarian

Stomping forward 10', Gilgar does a little axe work on the nearest kobold, bellowing a barely coherent "DIIIIIEEE!!!!" as he swings.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


GM Screen:
Grapple 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 vs DC 10

#3 Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The dwarf's mighty swing is spoiled - barely - by the kobold's reaction to the wolf's appearance.

The one grappling with the kobold, yells, "No you don't, you villain. Not when we finally have some hope!"

And before the kobold can escape, his opponent ties him up once again.

The two kobolds threatening the girl #5, #6 look around in confusion, but do nothing else.

The one that has been targeted by nearly everyone #3 simultaneously reaches for where the stone hit him as he turns and tries to jab the dwarf with his spear with the same lack of success.

The two kobolds #1, #2 on the far side of the table start to chase Kibbo, but pause at the doorway when the appearance of the party sinks in.

The last kobold #4 moves back a step as he begins to whirl his sling. Loading the sling takes his whole action.

21 Nox
20 Kibbo
16 Graymoon
16 Yagrik
13 Perrin
12 Jarrdreg
10 Laucian
05 Gilgar
04 Edgrin
03 Kobold Warriors

Nox is up!


New map!


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox sees the cornered combatant across the room and let's fly with a second arrow (#6).

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 ShortBow Attack
1d6 ⇒ 2 Arrow Damage


GM Screen:
Kibbo bluff 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
#1 Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
#2 Sense Motive 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Graymoon Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Yagrik 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Jarrdreg 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Even with the kobold trying to dodge the girl's club, Nox scores a direct hit on one of her foes.

Kibbo turns around, proud of himself, but seeing two of the warriors followed him, he reconsiders the wisdom of his course of action. He says, acting very agitated, something in Draconic.

Draconic:
"The... the ghost! The ghost is chasing me!"

The warriors look at each other. One of them (#2) glances over his shoulder and, seeing the glowing axe on Gilgar's back, sounds very alarmed and the two kobolds make haste down the corridor past Kibbo and disappearing around a corner.

Draconic:
"I see it! It's right behind us!"

Graymoon steps out of the hall and takes careful aim at the kobold currently without a dance partner. Using Deadly Aim, not using Rapid Shot However, his arrow flies wide once again as the ranger mutters an improbable anatomical suggestion for his target to consider in Elven.

The grappled kobold once again tries to free himself and grab his weapon lying nearby, but he cannot quite get free of the halfling's grasp this time.

I don't think this will interfere with Perrin's action, so: Jarrdreg steps to the side to see past the frothing dwarf as he loads his sling again, letting fly at Graymoon's target. Once again, his stone flies true, hitting the kobold warrior (#4).

Laucian moves to where Graymoon had stood and peers around the corner, but does not act.

Perrin and Gilgar, your victim awaits!


Dwarf Barbarian

Bellowing his anger at having missed the little buggar, Gilgar takes another whack at the squirmy little lizard in front of him.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Take THAT, ye scale-ridden little swine!"


Take it he does. The blow stops him in his tracks and he crumples like a snake's shed skin, opening his ally (#4) to an attack from the companion wolf. Only if you so choose, Nox, but Perrin has the option of charging or simply move and attack.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will leaps over his fallen foe and launches himself at the legs of the nearest kobold (#4)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 bite attack

Perrin will be in the square the top right right of #4


GM Screen:
Edgrin attempts to pin 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

With better light, it is obvious that the one grappling with the kobold is a halfling. While he has maintained his grip this round, he appears to be struggling to do more than that. That is, he failed to pin his foe.

Perrin's new chew toy squeaks, drops his sling and takes up his spear in both hands as he backs away from the canine's canines. Heh.

The two kobolds facing the girl are indecisive and when she hits the arrow-struck one a glancing blow, they decide to sway the wrestling match in their ally's favor, moving over and grabbing at the halfling.

The other two actually make their flight from the 'ghost' at this time.

Nox is up!


Male Elf Druid 4

Having his bow ready, Nox will shoot at whichever of the 2 which have moved from the corner to the wrestling match to try to even those odds.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 shortbow attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 crit confirm
1d6 ⇒ 2 arrow damage
2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 crit damage

a crit for 6 damage? wow, that sucks


Be grateful you were shooting at a kobold mook.

Nox' missile hits the kobold in the armpit and disappears just as he raises his arms. The confused look on his face makes Kibbo giggle as the warrior slowly sinks to his knees.

Kibbo runs over to the wrestling match. But he does not have enough actions to do more.


Graymoon strides toward the scrum and takes a swing at the other would-be grappling assistant.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


GM Screen:
Yagrik 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Graymoon's target falls so no bonuses for the grappled!

The halfling's wrestling partner tries frantically to get free as the ranger cuts down his ally but is singularly ineffective. AKA, rolled a 1.

Perrin is up! His target dodged into the room to the south and will require a 10' move to reach.


Male Elf Druid 4

10 feet and a bite

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 bite attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 trip attack
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 bite damage

Growl, tastes like rancid chicken


GM Screen:
Laucian's Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Perrin disappears through the doorway. His grown is accompanied by a squeal of fear that is suddenly cut off as a meaty thud can be heard.

Jarrdreg runs over to the wrestlers and kicks the strange weapon away.

Laucian moves to the table where the boy still whimpers and speaks in low tones trying to get him to come out. You see him pull something from his pocket and hold it on his open hand. He moves his hand over the object, which turns out to be a coin, and it floats off his hand and under the table. His success is questionable at best, however, as the coin comes flying back out in his general direction as "Kimi!" is heard once more. Thoughtfully, he walks away and retrieves the copper before turning to regard the child.

The girl with the club is considering joining the melee around the halfling, but the boy's cry decides it. She runs over to the table, "Mikra! Did they hurt you?" as she crawls underneath and cradles the sobbing child.

Gilgar is up, but I think it's time for a map update. Please hold, your pbp gaming experience is very important to us.


New map!


Dwarf Barbarian

Seeing that most of the immediate foes have been dealt with, Gilgar takes a knee by the table, peering underneath it.

"Don't ye kids worry none. Marl an' Baleson sended us tuh rescue ye. We're gunnuh git yerselfs home right soon, okay?" He ends with a wink and an uncharacteristically friendly grin.


GM Screen:
Edgrin 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

The boy is terrified, his eyes closed tight, his head on the, by appearances, younger girl's shoulder. Her attitude is not one of fear, but determination. Hearing Gilgar's words, she nods sharply. "I'm Kimi. This is Mikra. We have to go back and get the others." Her teeth clenched, she adds, "We got out with the halfling and the elf, but..."

She sets her jaw and looks the dwarf in the eye. "I'm going back to help get the others."

The halfling continues to struggle with the kobold, unable to get the upper hand.

Nox is up!


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will move around the corner till he can see that Perrin has vanquished the kobold he was chasing and then will fire into the remaining kobold

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 shortbow attack
1d6 ⇒ 4 arrow damage


Dwarf Barbarian
Pixie Rogue wrote:

"I'm Kimi. This is Mikra. We have to go back and get the others." Her teeth clenched, she adds, "We got out with the halfling and the elf, but..."

She sets her jaw and looks the dwarf in the eye. "I'm going back to help get the others."

"We go tuhgether... Sit ye tight fer just uh minit whilst thuh biznuss over there gits ended. Are ye hurt?"


The girl chews her lower lip for a moment, looking from the dwarf to the continuing scrum to her friend. "OK, I'll wait. I'm not hurt."

Bruises and scratches are clearly visible on her tanned arms, but she doesn't appear to be favoring anything, so you believe she's telling the truth. The older lad looks completely unscathed.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,877 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.