Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,900 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Gilgar, sadly and hilariously, appears to be attempting to tippy-toe down the hallway. It actually deadens the clomping slightly.


Male Elf Druid 4

tiptoe, tiptoe

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Nox Stealth
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Perrin Stealth


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

The party detects no one as they move through the monastery. Retracing their steps to the worg's lair, they find the door open. Within, they find one of the female wolves that they encountered with Graypelt. As the dwarf tip-clomps into the room, she is obviously startled awake.

Heal DC 10:
It's not apparently immediately why, but she appears more gaunt than last time you saw her.

She shows her teeth for a moment, but recognition comes to her eyes and she drops the aggressive stance and lays her head on the floor between her paws.

Handle Animal DC 10:
In a domesticated animal, you would read her behavior as submissive. She appears to recognize some member of the party as stronger than her and therefore her alpha - perhaps only until she can flee.

Description of this room: This small study looks like it has been lived in recently. Gnawed bones litter the floor and tufts of gray fur can be seen here and there. An old stone desk sits in the center of the chamber, scratched and cracked in many places. The stench of wet fur hangs heavy in the air. Note: The wolf is in the northeast corner of the room directly across from where you are entering on the south wall.

Graypelt's chamber is through the doorway in the west wall. I don't believe the party spent much time in there other than the initial encounter with the worg. Before we proceed, what, if anything, do you wish to do about the wolf?


Dwarf Barbarian

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Gilgar regards the female wolf for a second, then marches into the room, heading for the worg's chamber.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Heal Check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Handle Animal Check

Nox glances at the wolf, and says in a relatively low voice I guess she doesn't think she can take you big guy as he follows Gilgar towards the back room.


Graypelt's chamber: Gaping holes in the roof allow faint light to enter this ruined chamber. One of the stone columns that once supported the ceiling is toppled, its broken pieces littering the floor.
A stench of wet fur hangs in the room, but it does not appear to be occupied.

The part of the room that you entered previously is 20'x20' with one door in the east wall (that you are entering through. There is a 10' wall extending from the north wall and a pile of rubble extends from that wall almost to the south wall. The rubble does not cover the entire alcove floor and the pile is approximately 6' high.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will search the room. This is a general search to try and decipher what happened in this room and check for anything it may have revealed.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 survival check to look for any track or sign
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 perception


Nox:
The vast majority of the tracks look like wolf tracks, some significantly larger than others, or match the footwear of the party from last time (there were ironbloom mushrooms in here).

However, you locate two things of interest. It appears that several individuals climbed over the rubble pile to enter the room and even more came back. When they came back, some of them were wearing shoes, but all the tracks you see leaving were bare - and kobold.

The second item of interest is a flat rock on the south side of the pile that, when you move it, reveals a small cache of items: A bag, a crossbow, a small vial of amber fluid, and a thin rod with a tiny golden sphere on the tip.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will look to see what is in the bag.


Nox withdraws a bag tied with a piece of leather from a hollow in the rubble that he found. The sound of clinking coins can be heard as he sets it down and the glint of a fair amount of gold greets the druid's eyes as he unties the bag and looks in.


While Nox is investigating the floor and rubble area of the room, Laucian can be seen trying to make friends with the wolf in the other room. He offers her a bit of his rations, which she hesitantly accepts before ravenously gulping it down.

The sound of rock shifting (as Nox finds the hollow in the pile) causes her to bolt, however, and she hides under the desk. Laucian can be heard murmuring to her, trying to coax her back out of the desk.

Suddenly, you hear him saying, "Glintaxe. Glintaxe. Why is that name familiar to me? And what is this?"


Graymoon walks back into the wolf's den. He keeps his distance, but moves around to see what the illusionist is doing. "You know, when that wolf bites you - and bite you she will, she's a wild animal - I will have no pity for you."

"Why are you crawling around under that desk, anyway? Need a place to hide?"


Male Elf Druid 4

DM:
Nox will scoop up the items and move into the other room to see what Laucian has found.

If the opportunity exists, he will cast detect magic and attempt to learn more about the other items he round under the rock

Hearing Laucian muttering about some finding, Nox will move back into the 'office'.

Laucian, what have you found friend?


Laucian chuckles, "No, nothing like that, smart as it might be. She came in here to hide when the rocks moved. I see a name carved into the desk - Glintaxe. And there's something back here on the left side that's not on the right. I think...."[b] He sticks his head back out from under the desk. [b]"Got it. Pull that top left drawer open, will you?"

When the skeptical ranger does so, he sees a drawer full of dust and ancient decayed paper. "That's as far as it goes."

Laucian says, "OK. Push it in just a bit - there! Now pull it the rest of the way out."

Graymoon does so and finds a second, hidden section in the drawer. Within is a handaxe, a small dried-out leather bag, and a small book. The two of them bring the items into Graypelt's chamber to show the others. The wolf hesitantly follows, but doesn't cross the threshold.


Ninja'd!

The found items are spread out on the ancient desk. Nox and Laucian each cast a spell.

Bag of gold (354 gp)
Crossbow (fine quality)
Small vial of amber fluid (magical)
Thin rod with a tiny golden sphere on the tip (magical)
Handaxe (magical)
Small dried-out leather bag (100 platinum)
Small book

Three Spellcraft checks from each of the spellcasters needed


Laucian's checks

Vial 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Rod 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Handaxe 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male Elf Druid 4

dm-spellcraft check:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 spellcraft
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 spellcraft
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 spellcraft

Nox becomes very quiet, while he studies intently the 3 identified magical items.


Wand DC 16:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds, partially discharged

Potion DC 18:
Potion of Bull's Strength

Handaxe DC 18:
Handaxe +1


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar ignores the others as they fumble about with the desk and then the objects. He remains intent on their surroundings. The feel of the place, its sounds, etc... He is determined to find and kill some more kobolds, and maybe that stinking worg, too...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

All the racket the others are generating is really giving him a difficult time. LOL


Gilgar:
Even though you are distracted, you noticed what caught the mage's eye. He's distracted by the glint of gold, but you saw him looking somewhere else, too...

The majority of the tracks in the room look like wolf tracks, some significantly larger than others, or match the footwear of the party from last time you were here (there were ironbloom mushrooms in here).

However, it appears that several individuals climbed over the rubble pile to enter the room and even more came back through the room and exited over the rubble pile. When they came back, some of those in the larger group were wearing shoes, but all the tracks you see leaving were bare - and kobold.


Dwarf Barbarian

Leaving the group at the table, Gilgar moves over to inspect the rubble pile more closely.

DM:
Probably wouldn't take a whole lot to move enough of the rubble to allow us through or at least see behind it, yeah?


Gilgar:
It's high enough you can't see over it, but it would be an easy climb. Appears to be used for just that, in fact...


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Climb up enough to be able to see over it, and have a gander...


Gilgar:
The barbarian sees a stairway, curiously clear of rubble, descending into the darkness. He can tell that it opens into a space of some kind, but no details are visible in his darkvision.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox hands the want to Laucian I expect you will use this most effectively friend.

Looking to Graymoon, Would you use this handaxe, or shall I?

tucking the potion away, he says I expect Gilgar will enjoy this wee bit of potion. I say even shares of the coin can be split when we next make camp. If all agree, perhaps we should go see what has our large friend's attentions.


Laucian defers, "Unfortunately, I've never had luck using healing wands. I've seen people that could use any wand they touched, but I don't have the knack. I believe that, if I were able to cast a healing spell without it, I could use it easily, but I can't. I think you - or maybe Graymoon - could use it, though."

He's a wizard, so CLW is not on his spell list. It is on the druid and ranger lists, so either of them can use it without difficulty.

Graymoon shrugs, "At range, I have my bow. In close, I like my blade. Perhaps the dwarf would like it. The handaxe is a dwarven design, right? Or you can keep it."


Male Elf Druid 4

Aye, we will offer it to Gilgar, and I will carry the wand.

If noone else has anything to say around the dispersment of the cache, Nox will turn and go back into the room to see what has Gilgar's attention.


Graymoon heads into the other room. Gilgar has climbed a short distance up the pile and is peering over. In a low voice, he asks, "Have you found something interesting?"


Dwarf Barbarian

Without looking their direction, Gilgar grunts out "Passage..." Then, without any further explanation, he says "Ready?" then begins climbing the rest of the way over the pile.


Marching order, please. It appears that Gilgar's taking point.


Male Elf Druid 4


I would think Gilgar then Graymoon as our best trapfinder. Nox will gladly fall in third in line.


Perrin alongside Nox where possible, I assume. So Laucian brings up the rear?


Dwarf Barbarian

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Eyes and ears, looking for tracks (and perhaps unusual stonework), and trying to be slightly quiet.


Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 +1 vs traps
Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 +1 track, +2 vs kobolds
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Graymoon readies his bow as the party moves forward.


Assuming everyone takes their time climbing over the pile of rubble...

You see stone stairs descending into the darkness. They are obviously well-crafted, but unadorned.


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Perrin Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Perrin Survival
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Perrin Stealth

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Nox Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Nox Survival
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Nox Stealth


Seeing everyone is being quiet as they move, Laucian does the only sensible thing - for him - and waits at the top of the stairs.

Map forthcoming, but its' going to take a bit to produce. Please hold.


Map!

As the party moves down the stairs and their eyes adjust to the darkness, they become aware of voices and a dim light to the left side of the map. The tone of some is commanding, some is pleading. All are speaking Draconic.

As you reach the bottom of the stairs and can see, only Gilgar can see the entire map. Everyone else can basically see the left half due to the limitations of available light and your low-light vision.

Gilgar, when you reach the bottom of the stairs, they have not noticed you yet. What do you wish to do?


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar charges down the stairs, intent on killing the first thing he gets to that's not a member of the group, or a small human child.

Need this? Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

As he swings, he roars as loud as he possibly can...


Male Elf Druid 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Perrin Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Nox Initiative


Subtle. I like it.

Seeing that the need for stealth has passed, Laucian hustles down the stairs.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


GM Screen:
Blue kobold (2) initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Red kobold (4) initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Initiative order
23 Graymoon
20 Perrin
13 Nox
12 Blue Kobolds
12 Laucian
10 Gilgar
02 Red Kobolds

Surprise Round!

Gilgar reaches the bottom of the stairs, Graymoon half a step behind. Gilgar is actually too close to charge the nearest kobold; does he want to charge a different one and provoke the AoO? As Gilgar attacks, Graymoon whips up his bow and lets fly at one of the kobolds.

Nox and Perrin will have to expend 10' of movement to get to where they can see the scene, so they won't be able to do more than move during the surprise round. (Remember, you only get one action during the surprise round.)

Laucian won't be able to participate until the third round because he is moving to catch up.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar kills the one immediately in front of him at no charge... It's on the house! ;)


Gilgar's foe has time only to turn halfway around before the barbarian's axe completes the kobold's final transaction.

Graymoon draws and fires at the farthest kobold, but his shot is high from his vantage point two steps up.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 1
Graymoon steps down to the chamber floor before quickly firing two more arrows.

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 2

Disgusted with his marksmanship, he drops his bow by the stairs and starts to reach for the sword strapped to his back.


Perrin and Nox are up. Describe your movement, if any, during the surprise round and then go ahead with your round one actions. The kobolds are still flat-footed at this point.


Updated map

Gilgar and Graymoon are blocking the base of the stairs, but you can freely move through an allies' square, so it should not be a problem.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox and Perrin will move to circle around the post in the middle of the room (counter clockwise), with Nox drawing his rapier as he goes. Perrin will lead.


You have sufficient movement, both of you, to reach the upper right kobold and attack if you wish. (Effectively, the surprise round plus the first round allow you two move actions and a standard action before the kobolds can react.)


Male Elf Druid 4

Perrin will there there first and will come at the upper right kobold from the right side.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Perrin Bite Attack
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage lol
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 trip attempt if the bite hit.

Nox will move into the fray beside Perrin towards the top of the screen and will bring his rapier down on the wee scaly creature.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Nox Rapier Attack
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Nox Rapier Attack (crit confirm)
1d6 ⇒ 6 damage
1d6 ⇒ 1 crit damage

wasn't sure how you wanted to do the crits, from the book, or from the crit deck.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,900 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.