Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,909 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

GM Screen:
Will 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Blinded and Stunned 1d4 ⇒ 1

As Nox gets close enough to see through the smoke in the campsite, he sees Gilgar deliver a serious cut to a half-wolf, half-girl wearing the ragged dress you last saw on Jeva.

The axe hits the girl squarely, but she proves surprisingly resilient and the axe doesn't dig as deeply as it should have.

Laucian steps over to Gilgar's side both for protection and to avoid including the dwarf in the area of his spell. Drawing forth a pinch each of red, yellow, and blue sand, he flings the combined colors toward the wolf-girl as he says a word of power. The sand becomes a brilliant cone of colors that wash over her.

Her expression changes from the vicious snarl that it was to a near panic as her eyes lose focus again and her jaw falls slack. She looks like someone just punched her in the gut - hard - and she wasn't ready for it.

Nox, I'm using some DM's poetic license and assuming you still intended to move with haste back to the campsite. The above assumes you have used 20' of movement. Your position is 15' from the wolf-girl. Gilgar and Laucian are between you and her. Perrin is 10' to their left near where Graymoon is withdrawing a bloody sword from near the center of another kobold's torso. Your turn.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar, eyes bulging and frothy-mouthed as he revels in the uncontrolled rage, screams something incoherent and primally guttural at the wolf-thing. He seems quite angry that the thing didn't expire with that last chop of his axe.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will move 10 feet to the right drawing his bow.

If he sees any aggressive action from the wolf-thing, he will let fly.


GM Screen:
Graymoon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d10 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (5) = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

The wolf-girl makes no move, still trying to recover from the spell's effects.

Graymoon works his way out of the foliage and strikes at her. His blade strikes true, but somehow the wound seems to close almost as soon as it is made.

Gilgar's up; Graymoon couldn't move far enough to provide a flank, but Gilgar can shift to get one if he has the presence of mind to do so.


Male Elf Druid 4

dm:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 knowledge nature check to ID craeture


Nox:
A werewolf! That sweet, innocent girl was a werewolf?! You know their nature makes them unnaturally resilient to damage, allowing them to take much more abuse than they should be able to take.


Male Elf Druid 4

DM:
Having identified the creature, Nox will fire if the DM allows it

1d20 ⇒ 16 bow attack
1d6 ⇒ 1 dow damage

Nox to the group The girl is a werewolf. If you have silver, use it now. And do not let her bite you.


A wee retcon...

Realizing what the group faces, the druid draws back and lets fly. The arrow flies true and sticks in her ribs for just a moment, then falls back out as though pushed from inside. Only the slight tear in her dress reveals that the missile even hit her. There is no blood on the dress or the arrow.


Dwarf Barbarian

Thoroughly enraged, Gilgar swings savagely at the werewolf.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


The girl remains on her feet, but weaving weakly.

Laucian steps back from the fight and readies a spell.

Nox is up.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will drop his bow and (quick) draw his rapier and he runs up to the werewolf and slahes at the beastgirl.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 rapier attack w/flank
1d6 ⇒ 4 rapier damage


GM Screen:

Graymoon 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d10 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (2) = 13

The elven ranger strikes true again. With eerie silence, the tension goes out of the wolf-girl's body and she falls to the ground. Her ragged breathing is the only sound you hear.


In the normal flow of battle, Gilgar would have next attack - does he wish to administer the coup d'grace?


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar doesn't hesitate in delivering the killing blow to the werewolf, then glares around the area, anxiously looking for another kobold to put an end to.

If you need me to roll it...

Coup D'Grace damage: 3d10 + 21 ⇒ (10, 1, 10) + 21 = 42


Do I want to see you roll critical damage with a battleaxe? Of course!

Still raging, the dwarf makes short work of the defeated werewolf. All of the kobolds are dead or have fled.


"I'll see if I can't run those down. We probably should break camp as soon as possible in case they survive long enough to bring reinforcements."


The ranger comes back after about fifteen minutes. "Looks like we each let one go, but none of them got very far. The dwarf's stumbled over a tree root trying to get away. He'd lost so much blood, I think he passed out when he fell. Someone or something finished him off with his own spear. I found one with burns on him - I assume that's your handiwork, Nox, based on the scorch marks I saw where you were fighting. He was in a pit trap -- one of the spikes did him in, but there were fresh footprints around the pit. I think someone checked on him after he fell in. The one that got away from me was hurt worse than I thought. I followed his blood trail about 30 feet to where he was hiding under a bush, already dead."

"Anyone hurt?"


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar, sweat dripping from his fingers, chin, and eyebrows, chest heaving, staggers only slightly as the adrenaline rush leaves him. He leans against a tree, shoulders slumping, as he exhales "Moradin's beard, I love that feelin'."


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox replying to Graymoon Not in such a way that it should slow us from moving along. These Kobolds are quite aggressive and the prescense of werewolves is a wee concern with that he pull a waterskin from his pack and pours a bit of the contents on a small wound before grimacing and taking a pull.

He then turns and offers it to Gilgar and the others A bit of my favorite medicine? The wonders of what nature can provide rarely cease to amaze.


Laucian stands holding his forearm staring at what he had thought was an innocent little girl. "I, uh, I'm fine." The brevity of his reply is enough for you to know that he's not, but whether it is physical or emotional, it's hard to tell.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar's head swivels sideways, his gaze falling over Laucian like an impending storm. "Bitten?" When he gets no reply within a few seconds, Gilgar grunts out in a guttural staccato "Hey! Did th' thing bite ye, er no?"


Startled out of his trance, he looks at his arm, but shakes his head. "No. She - clawed at me. I thought she was putting her arm on me for support, then I looked at her and she had.... changed."

He closes his eyes and turns away from the body. "I'm sorry, it's just... I'm sorry. I'll be fine. The sooner we leave, the better."


Male Elf Druid 4

Walking up to Laucian and reaching for the afflicted arm.

Let me see the wound

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 heal check to see the level of damage and if it indeed appears to be a claw mark rather than teeth.


Laucian shows you. It does indeed appear to be a scratch rather than a puncture. She barely drew blood - it's not the injury that's got him reeling.


"Do you need to prepare spells? We maybe should find somewhere else to prepare for the day if you do. Otherwise, I think we know where the trail leads. I'm ready to follow it through."

Nox: This is a new day, so you can take an hour to alter your spells from yesterday's allocation. Just keep in mind that you have already cast one of today's allotment even though you prayed for it yesterday. If you are good with your spell selection from yesterday, you do not need to prepare the spells, so your prayers needn't last so long.

Laucian shrugs his shoulders, "I can get by. I have little to offer. Given time, I think I might prepare my rainbow spell again - thank goodness that worked so well on her."


Male Elf Druid 4

I think it's best we keep moving as well. Lead the way old friend


The group finds their way to the old monastery without incident despite the ranger's concerns. Any special plans before you enter? Going through the 'main' double doors that you started through last time? Or the 'back' door to the left where you circled around?


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar appears a little sluggish for a couple of minutes after the fight, but soon gets back to his regular stomping and glaring. I was raging for 3 rounds, correct, Mr. DM?

Gilgar, if asked, suggests going through the double-doors, and looks ready to lead the way.


Three rounds of rage expended, yes.


Male Elf Druid 4

The front door was more friendly than the back the last time around if memory serves. Gilgar, would you like to do the honors?


Dwarf Barbarian

Grinning, Gilgar hefts his waraxe, and heads for the double doors.

General perception check as he approaches: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Not being particularly stealthy, Gilgar doesn't concern himself with sneakifying right now, though he does glance at the ground a time or two to see if there are any fresh or new (from what he remembers) tracks near the doors.

Survival (Track):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

The doors do not appear to have been moved since your departure, but there has been considerable new traffic over the last day or two, from the looks of the ground just outside the doors.

Gilgar:
You feel as much as hear a presence in the building. You think maybe you heard something from hallway that leads to the left.


"So... is this where your travels took you? What is this place?"


Male Elf Druid 4

We beleive it is an ancient Dwarven Monastery that has been since overrun. We were here to collect the mushrooms for the medicine the town needed. We came across a Worg and a pair of shadow creatures.


The ranger nods. "So you saw no kobolds? Do you think they have moved in so quickly?"


Male Elf Druid 4

We did not encounter any until we were on our way back. However, the shadow creatures may have been keeping them out. I am curious why they would move in.


You enter the monastery through the double doors. Ahead is the ancient shrine you fought the darkmantles in and the doors that you broke down last time remain ajar. Which direction do you wish to go, left or right? Or do you wish to examine one of these other rooms?


Male Elf Druid 4

Moving carefully to the door on the North side of the alcove, Nox will stop at the jam and listen at the cracked door while checking for sign that the room may have been entered in the past few days.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 perception

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 stealth


GM Screen:
No peeking!

The only visible disturbance in the dust at the threshold looks like your tracks and Nox hears nothing. Peeking around the corner, it's really too dark to make out any detail, but the room appears to be empty other than the ancient corpse you found here last time.


Laucian explains to Graymoon quietly (for him), "There was a fight in there, the old chapel, with these things that were like flying leather cloaks. They made it dark and since I'm not much help in a fight when I can see, I retreated down that hall." He points to the left (south) and adds, "There was an old library down there, but water's gotten in. The books are probably all moldy, a real shame. The shelves are definitely moldy - I didn't spend much time and didn't dare disturb what was on the shelves." He shakes his head firmly.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will walk over and check the other room as well

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Stealth


Though Nox cringes at the unintentional noise he makes, nothing untoward seems to happen. The second room is much the same as the first - no apparent disturbances since you left.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar peers down the hallway to the left of the double doors, searching for indications of kobolds, children, or that cursed talking dog... :)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Gilgar:
You see two types of tracks.

One human-sized set, looks like sturdy shoes, once to the south, once to the north, appears to be the same set of shoes. Impossible to tell which direction was traveled first.

The other tracks are kobold. Some are older than the human set (which are less than a week old), some are newer. There never seems to be more than a single pair of prints at a time, but it's not possible to tell if it's the same kobold each time.

Other than the tracks, you hear and see nothing other than doors farther down the hall.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar will grumble out the information in the above spoiler.


Male Elf Druid 4

I say we start with the Worg and his mates. As sneaky he is, Graypelt made it clear that he is, or was, no fan of outsiders and he was up the hallway pointing to the north as Perrin comes to his side.

There is also the question of what was in the well that we didn't have time to investigate.


"You think they put the children down the well?"


Dwarf Barbarian

"Well has a hid door in it." Gilgar mutters, still looking down the hallway... "Worg." With that, Gilgar turns and heads to the North.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox and Perrin fall in behind the Barbarian and search for any sign of activity as they move down the hall.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Nox Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Perrin Perception Scent


Perception rolls, please. And if you are being stealthy, I'll need rolls.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,909 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.