Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


951 to 1,000 of 1,896 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Elf Druid 4

In a low voice, in elven in case the Kobolds are close

I should be able to move through these trees easier than they. I say we try to bring them to the trail and into the open for Gilgar to deal with them. Perrin and I can try to get a flank drawing this in the dirt as he talks to allow gilgar and the others to have an understanding of his idea.


"There's nine of them that I've spotted. They don't seem to be aware of us yet."


Male Elf Druid 4

Perhaps Graymoon and I can move into the woods and thin them out a bit before they know what's going on? If we flank we can push them towards the middle group and their advantage will be somewhat negated.

Or I could just entangle them and turn Gilgar loose.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar, muscles tightening by the second, looks fidgety when he whispers "Why don' we jus run up 'n kill 'em?"


Male Elf Druid 4

Because my hulking friend, as protector of these woods, I prefer to not get shot by a lucky arrow if I can help it. Don't fret though, you will get your fair share, I am thinking perhaps we can herd them to you.


"So you want to bait them all to come here? I can draw one group here, but I'll not promise that they will survive to die on his axe."


Male Elf Druid 4

I wouldn't go ruining all his fun. Gilgar, where do you wish to fight? In the trees, or in the open? I will move through the trees and Graymoon can pick his spot as well. Laucian, do you think you can keep the girl safe, or should I leave Perrin to assist you?


Dwarf Barbarian

"Ain't fer carin', meself. Since ye're a'feared about flyin' twigs, bring 'em here. Why not have the girl call out? That'd bring the lot 'o 'em scamperin' tuh their dyin'."


Male Elf Druid 4

How strategic of you, that's not a bad idea. I will leave Perrin with her. I say we move to the trail, draw them to you and Graymoon and I fall in while they are focused on their prey and the huge axe that just decapitated their neighbor. Whatever we do, we should do it before they realize that we are here


Jeva grins and claps her hand at the thought. She nods eagerly, looking back and forth between Nox and Gilgar.

Laucian says, "I'll keep her safe, never fear." He's not terribly convincing, but his eyes are steady and the grip on his quarterstaff is firm.

Meanwhile, Graymoon shrugs and whispers, "I'll be close by. Don't worry about saving some for me."

He stalks into the trees.

I need to work on some setup. More later.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will lean down to Perrin and point to the girl Defend which will result in Perrin moving to the girls side and sitting in a alert fashion sniffing the air.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 perception (scent)

Nox will then turn and dissapear into the trees just wide of where Graymoon indicated the Kobolds' flank to be.

DM:
Nox will be using Trackless Step and Woodland Stride to move quietly and as invisbly as possible through the forest. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Stealth


So this is what I think you indicated: Laucian, Perrin, and Jeva will remain in the camp with Gilgar. Gilgar, I imagine you will take no special actions other than to possibly spit on both hands and tighten your grip on the axe. Let me know if there's more I need to take into account.

Nox disappears into the trees - facing the direction you expect the kobolds to come from, are you moving to your left or to your right? How far are you going or what signal would cause you to stop?

Graymoon is already out of sight in the trees, he disappeared to the right.

Spoilers since everyone's separated!


Dwarf Barbarian

I'm good with that. Prep the smack to be laid down!


Male Elf Druid 4

Into the trees:
Nox will move slowly and quietly having entered relatively close to where Graymoon entered the trees. His goal is pare a kobold off from the group or fall in behind them.


Gilgar:
You stand in a very small clearing, maybe 15' across, with a couple of saplings preventing clear movement. You are in the center facing the direction you expect them to come from. The two elves both disappeared into the underbrush to your right - about your 2 o'clock.

Perception check, please.

Nox:
You are moving like a ghost and come upon Graymoon crouched down in the bushes. He holds up three fingers, points at both eyes, then points through the bushes. Leaning down, you see your position is overlooking a low trench. It takes a moment, but you can make out three kobolds moving slowly down the trench. They form a short line, probably 15' total from front to back.

Graymoon whispers, "You can handle these, yes? There are three more on the other side. I will take care of those."

He waits for your response.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Elf Druid 4

whispering. Yes, I will take these

With that, Nox will move so that he can position himself along the trench in front of the kobolds.


Spoilers, please!

GM Screen:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Gilgar:
You hear the sounds of movement in the underbrush. The silence of the birds tells you that it's not a critter. You hear a quiet voice, suddenly cut off, too soon to really know what it was saying or even what language. Then all is silent...

Nox:
As you move to the side of the trench to intercept the kobolds, the one in the lead freezes, holding up a hand to the others. He intently studies the area where you are waiting...


Male Elf Druid 4

prepped action:
If they make an aggressive move, I will cast Flaming Sphere down the trench from behind them. It is a reflex save to negate, but my thought is that the reflex save may potentially be inhibited by the trench and their relatively small stature, or be combined with a climb check?


Nox:
Note that the sphere will stop rolling when it reaches its first target, so you can't actually use it as an area attack.


Gilgar:
Oh, and roll for initiative.


GM Screen:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Graymoon Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Kobold Initiatives
Gilgar
#1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
#2 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Leader 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Nox
#3 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
#4 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
#5 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Graymoon
#6 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
#7 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
#8 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Elf Druid 4

init:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 initiative Nox
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 initiative Perrin


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Gilgar tenses, becoming still as his senses slink into the underbrush, his muscles strain against his skin as he waits for something to kill...


Nox:
The leader spots you and moves to attack with his swing. There is no surprise round and you won initiative. Where do you want to place your flaming sphere.


Male Elf Druid 4

DM:
I would like to drop it between the back 2, close enough to harm the rear kobold. Also, is the trench deep enough that he will have to climb out of it to attack as I am not in it yet?


Nox:
You can conjure it anywhere and move it to contact your target. Feel free to roll the damage.


Male Elf Druid 4

DM:

3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2) = 9


GM Screen:
Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Attacks
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Nox:
Glad I checked - they changed that spell on me and I was going to correct you. It used to be 2d6.

Reflex save negates. To determine the DC of the save for your spells, it is 10 + your Wisdom modifier (3) + the spell's level (2), so it's Reflex DC 15 for the kobold to avoid 9 points of fire damage.

As Nox completes his spell, a miniature sun appears about four feet off the ground - about right for Nox's feet, actually - between the second and third kobold. It drops into between them and they barely have time to flinch before it literally rolls up and onto the far kobold, his bloodcurdling shriek cut off suddenly and his struggles quickly cease. You cruel, cruel druid!

Gilgar:
Behind you, you hear the druid's wolf start growling, a something-is-not-as-it-should-be type of growl. Off to your left some distance, you hear movement and out of the corner of your eye, you see the elven ranger peering out of the foliage at you before disappearing again. Still you wait.

Suddenly, to your right, where both elves disappeared, you see light and hear a blood-curdling shriek. You may not be a scholar, but you were around the forges enough to hear about every word there is for fire and you know what it sounds like when someone gets burned bad. The shriek is barely identifiable as Draconic for 'fire' and the scream is cut off as suddenly as it started. Sounds like someone got a kobold a little toasty.

Nox:
The two surviving kobolds both load and fire at you with their slings while your flaming sphere continues to incinerate their fellow a few feet behind them. 2 points of damage

Gilgar:
You hear "Psst" from the trees to your left just before the "fft fft" of two arrows zipping through the air. A strangled cry and a muffled curse follow.

Apparently, your prey can't stand the waiting. Two kobolds stand up from where they were hiding, slings already spinning, and they release a pair of stone at you. One flies over your shoulder and hits behind you with a loud *CRACK* as the second strikes you right in the chest with the same sharp report. You have just enough time to register no real pain from the strike before it engulfs you in smoke. Fortitude DC 12 or nauseated Behind you, you hear Laucian exclaim and begin coughing.

Gilgar's action, if he makes the save. If he fails the save, he's limited to move actions until the nausea wears off.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Charging through the smoke to where he last saw the kobolds, Gilgar starts a low growl that intensifies as he approaches. My intent is to charge and attack one of the little buggers, if possible.


Gilgar:
Charge, no, due to difficult terrain. You can make a standard move and attack, however, and have them both within reach.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Good enough for me!

Gilgar moves as quickly as he can up to the two kobold stone-slingers, and howls with glee as he swings with the intent of killing the kobold on his left in such a fashion as to cause sudden, unexpected death to all its kin as well.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Gilgar:
The kobold stares down at his open torso in shock, the sling falling from nerveless fingers. Behind you, you are sure that the mage did not fair as well as you did in the smoke - sound like he's going to bring up a lung.

Nox:
You hear over your left shoulder the disturbing sound of a dwarf at play followed by Perrin getting aggressive with someone. Neither of them sound wounded (the dwarf or the wolf). Laucian is coughing and seems to be in some distress.

End of Round 1, I'll work on Round 2 this evening.


Nox:
My bad, you are actually up to bat.


Male Elf Druid 4

swinging away:

Nox will direct the sphere down the trench towards the middle kobold, then quickly draw (lol, couldn't resist the pun) his bow and fire an arrow at the leading kobold.

3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) = 6 damage for flaming sphere
1d20 ⇒ 13 attack for bow
1d6 ⇒ 4 damage for arrow


GM Screen:
DC 15 Reflex save to negate 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Sling 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Sling 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Damage 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Climb 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Graymoon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Graymoon 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Nox:
The second kobold, forewarned about the ball of fire, is able to avoid its flames when it comes looking for him.

The arrow is a little high and misses its target.

You hear Perrin's growls becoming more insistent, but you know from the tone that he's hunting - he feels he will take what he's stalking, but he hasn't found it yet. Both of your foes move toward you; the first straight down the trench, the second attempting to climb the side to your level and failing. They are now 5' away (but below you) and 10' away.

Gilgar:
To your left, you hear a grunt and a muffled elven curse. Behind you, Perrin's growls become more insistent, but it doesn't sound like he's got a hold of anything yet.

You hear the sound of two arrows taking flight to your left again. One sounds like it disappeared into the underbrush, but one was accompanied by a sudden intake of breath and the clatter of something falling.

The kobold you hit has reconsidered his role in this combat and tries to exit stage rear. Withdraw action, no AoO His friend tries to get you with his spear, missing, before retreating. He provokes an AoO for his departure.

Gilgar's AoO and regular attack against #2 unless he prefers to run down #1, of course.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Gilgar is more than happy to try and put a messy end to the kobold that was stupid enough to not just fall over dead instead of feebly attempting to skewer him with a spear...

AoO:
2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Regular attack:
2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"Rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" :)


Gilgar:
The withdrawing kobold is too far away for you to move and attack this round. The one that tried to poke you with the spear is no longer a concern unless you are squeamish about getting his insides on your boots. Messy, messy. You are now a short distance into the trees and the fleeing kobold is 20' ahead of you.

Nox:
You hear another satisfied dwarven grunt from your left and you face two kobolds in the trench. Your turn, sir.


Male Elf Druid 4

They shouldn't have missed:

Nox will quickly twitch his fingers causing the ball to roll up the trench down the edge and drop down between them. The sphere is 5 foot in diamete, so with them being 5 feet apart, the fire damage should affect them both, I think

He will then draw back and let fly once more at the front kobold if he remains standing, the rear if not.

3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14 flaming sphere
1d20 ⇒ 3 bow attack


Nox:
The flaming sphere only affects the target that is shares a space with, so you will need to choose which kobold it tries to burn.


Male Elf Druid 4

DM:
It will attack the front one.


GM Screen:
DC 15 Reflex save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Graymoon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Laucian 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Perrin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Nox:
With a terrible scream, the kobold closest to Nox perishes. The druid can feel the heat from the ball of fire. He notes with a little concern that some small fires have been started by the passing of the sphere.

It's with little ceremony that the last kobold slides back to the center of the trench and flees, trying to climb up the side just as it turns from sight. Call it 40'

Gilgar:
To your right, you see the torch light suddenly zip farther to your right followed by another horrible scream suddenly cut off.

To your left, you hear the crash of someone trying to rush through the underbrush. Once more, arrows fly to your left, ending the crashing through the vegetation.

The badly-wounded kobold manages about three more steps before looking over his shoulder at you. As he does, his eyes roll up into his head and he slumps to the ground, breathing raggedly.

As each of you face your respective opponents, you hear Perrin's growl turn into a snarling bark and Laucian cries out in pain. A moment later, he mutters some arcane syllables and the cry you hear is reply is one of frustration - the voice seems familiar, but you're not sure who it might be.

Gilgar's turn!


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Gilgar heads toward the sound Perrin's snarling.


Gilgar:
The clearing has a lot of the noxious smoke that you withstood earlier. When you are finally where you can see what's going on, you see Perrin facing a kobold. Laucian is facing a creature that looks like a cross between a man and a wolf - wearing Jeva's ragged dress. This creature is clawing wildly at nothing, obviously blind. Laucian is holding his arm where blood wells up as he backs away from her as quietly as he can.

Nox is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
Good times! I know what I'm killin' next!


Male Elf Druid 4

dm:
Nox will quickly throw dirt over any glowing embers to put out the flames and then move as quickly as he can with some silence back to the clearing.

Should I be playing for Perrin?


Nox:
I'm going to rule that the movement and firefighting won't take a lot of time, but they will take some. Your net movement for the round is nil.

The fleeing kobold finally makes it up the slope and disappears into the brush with nary a backward glance.

Perrin's covered. I'll have you play him when you can see what he's up against.


DM Screen:
Perrin 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Trip 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Graymoon 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19; 1d10 + 3 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + (4) + 2 = 17
Jeva's Init 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Laucian's Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 1
Bite 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 61d6 ⇒ 1

Gilgar:
As you come to where you can see the scene described earlier, Perrin lunges once again for the kobold. You notice that this kobold has different weapons than the others, but otherwise is similar.

Perrin scores a vicious bite on the little warrior, but fails to pull him off his feet.

Graymoon comes quietly into view behind the kobold, sword in hand, and delivers a nasty cut. As the kobold raises his greatclub to swing down at the wolf's head, the elf's curved blade comes in under the kobold's right arm and passes cleanly between two ribs and cuts very deeply. The creature's forgotten club falls behind him, narrowly missing the elf, as he falls, eyes already rolling back in his head. He's not quite dead, but he's not far from it.

Laucian's assailant stands there blinking as her eyes clear themselves of the effect of the ray he hit her with. Seeing you come into view, she snarls and leaps toward Laucian. Positioning him between the two of you, she attacks him, but the fates intervene - the only time she gets close, his quarterstaff is all she makes contact with.

Nox:
The fighting seems to have become more intense at the campsite. You hear Perrin snarl and lunge followed by a warcry in Draconic that is cut off suddenly.

Then another snarl, some other animal, followed by a panicked yell from the mage Laucian. But his is not a cry of pain yet.

Gilgar's go. Nox has a move action to rejoin the group, then we are out of spoilers.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM:
(Assuming I'm close enough to move and attack this round...)

Gilgar takes the shortest path available to get within striking distance of the snarling wolf-girl. Gritting his teeth, he lets go of all restraint (RAGE!!!), wildly attacking the creature as a primal scream lunges forth from him.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Dwarf Barbarian

Just HAD to snipe that coveted 1,000th post!!! :P

951 to 1,000 of 1,896 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.