Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


701 to 750 of 1,913 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Laucian stands back from the group, silent (as odd as that may seem) but intent on the conversation.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will turn to the LizardMan

in sylvan:
My friend, what can you tell me of the Kobold king and the ones they call the Truescales? This one says that the king sent them to attack us specifically because we have trespassed and stolen from the Truescales

Star Voter 2015

Nox: The lizardman looks at Nox uncomprehendingly and shakes his head.

Nox, Sylvanis:
"I'm sorry, I recognize the language, but not enough to understand you."

---------------------------------------

Laucian!! It's good to see you! I hope all is well...

---------------------------------------

Gilgar: The kobold's eyes widen to the point you think the orbs might just roll out onto the ground.

"They, ah, I mean I, uh, the king? You want to kill the king?"


Male Elf Druid 4

responding to the lizardman in Druidic:
My apologies. My friend, what can you tell me of the Kobold king and the ones they call the Truescales? This one says that the king sent them to attack us specifically because we have trespassed and stolen from the Truescales

Star Voter 2015

Nox, Sylvanis:
"Ah, I really know little about the kobolds. I know the hunters say there is a tribe in the ruin. They have seen their tracks once in a while when they leave to hunt or raid. They do not hunt us, do not raid our village, so we pay them little attention. Maybe the Truescales is what they call their tribe? It does not sound like a deity name."

The lizardman shrugs his shoulders and looks apologetic.


Dwarf Barbarian

"There be no mistake, ye little cur!!! I aim tuh gut somethin', an' right now, it looks tuh be yerself, er yer king! Which'll it be?!?!" Gilgar takes two menacing steps toward the kobold, dragging the blade of his axe through the fire.

Star Voter 2015

The kobold squeeks in fear and blurts, "Old dwarven ruin! We live in old dwarven ruin! Entire tribe! Many kobolds!" and he faints.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar chuckles to himself as he lays back down, closing his eyes. "We'll get yer fungus tuh the town that needs it. Then I aim tuh go back tuh that ruin. When that runt wakes up, tell it that goin' back tuh its clan means certain death."


Male Elf Druid 4

Smiling a wry smile, reminiscent of his liquor based lumberjack bribery, Nox says I think that'll work.

turning to the lizard man

druidic:
Tell me more of your "better" way to get to the town.

Star Voter 2015

Reminder, we are only a short way into the night after a long day's travel and exploring...

The lizardman replies to the druid,

Druidic:
"If you walk, you will have to go around the lake. It will add a day to your travel unless you have magic to speed you." He pauses to look at you with an inquiring look. Seeing no such claim, he continues, "We are not all that far from my village. We have boats you can use and my hatchmates can accompany you to see you safely across. They won't leave the water on that side - to many axe-men - but they will see that the animals of the lake will leave you alone. You will be a half-day's travel by foot, then."


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

A grin on his face after seeing Gilgar's performance, Laucian takes Gilgar's lead and starts to lay back down to finish the night's sleep. Turning to Nox Laucian says, "It looks like you guys have something to talk about, and I am not able to speak his language. You guys can catch up during the rest of the watch."

Laucian then pulls his belongings closer to him in case the passed out kobald wakes up and tries something funny. With that his eyes shut and his is out.

All is well. Haven't had much to say here, but then again I haven't had much time to say anthIng with my new schedule. Football is winding down so our Savage Tide game can get going again. My store is also open now, so if anyone is in town feel free to stop by.

Star Voter 2015

The unconscious kobold is unlikely to do much. As the party members return to their slumbers, Winter lays his chin on the pitiful creature's chest and closes his eyes while Perrin lays next to him, muzzle pointed at the kobold's head, yellow eyes staring intently.

Laucian: Glad to hear all is well. We have not gathered at the tabletop since the last time you were there - one delay after another, so no interim game so far. All good.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will study the Lizardman intently while he speaks

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 sense motive

druidic:
That is a very generous offer my friend. I have more questions for the kobold lying under the careful eye of our animal companions, but expect that we shall be happy to take advantage of your offer of assistance shortly after he wakes. Who knows, perhaps word of your aid could improve the relations between yours and the axe men and people of the town. If you agree, I would happy to tell the tale. In the meantime, would you like to rest by our fire till the morn?

Star Voter 2015

Sense Motive:
He seems to be telling the truth as he believes it.

Druidic:
"We have survived by remaining hidden. Your father counseled that we avoid contact with the loggers as we would only be seen as an obstacle to be overcome. I believe our elders still feel that to be the correct course. And I would be honored to remain, thank you. I will stay up while you watch."

The lizardfolk moves back from the fire a bit, pulls his cloak around him, and watches the surrounding trees and listens to the sounds of the night.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will resume his watch.

Star Voter 2015

The rest of the night goes uneventfully. In order to regain spells, the group will need to sleep in to get enough rest, so it will be around mid-morning before you are able to proceed.

The lizardfolk maintains watch with Nox and turns in for the night when the druid does. The three kobolds, two weak as kittens, are awake by the time the party has broken their fast, but the badly wounded ones are basically immobile from their injuries - the third is immobilized by his fear of the dwarf.

Plans?


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will ask another question of the "healthy" kobold.

What are the truescales, and what are we accused of stealing?

Star Voter 2015

Nox La'Athvanna wrote:

Nox will ask another question of the "healthy" kobold.

What are the truescales, and what are we accused of stealing?

He looks at Nox in surprise, "We are the Truescales! We are the true descendants!" When asked about what was stolen, he looks even more confused, "You do not know? I do not know, either. The Hunter said the king said to form a hunting party and I was selected. That you had stolen from the tribe. You took nothing?"

He appears to be genuinely confused.


Male Elf Druid 4

Little one, all we have been doing is collecting pieces for a medicinal potion. Mushrooms, and moss so that we take it back and save many children. We have seen none of your people before you attacked us in the dark of night. We have broken no locks, overcome no guards.
pausing to collect himself
and who are you the true decendants of ?

Star Voter 2015

The little fellow stands, drawing himself up to his full three feet (and a little more), puffs out his chest. "We are the true descendants of the great dragons!"


Male Elf Druid 4

I see you are quite proud of your lineage, and if you are indeed decended from such awesome beasts, you have some reason. Raising himself to his full height, which at full is just about double that of the kobold, and resting his hand on the hilt of his rapier I too am proud of my lineage for I am the elder of the La'Athvanna, protector of these woods. What we have done is what my namesake and family honor has called me to do. I have stolen nothing,and that which we have gathered is for a higher purpose. So, the question is this to you truescale, what would you do having survived the battle and told us of your people? Would you act as a peaceful member of these woods and be a ward of mine, or would you stand against us to defend some reported slight that you cannot speak of personally?


Dwarf Barbarian
Pixie Rogue wrote:
The little fellow stands, drawing himself up to his full three feet (and a little more), puffs out his chest. "We are the true descendants of the great dragons!"

"How the mighty have fallen..." Gilgar spits on the ground as he glares at the kobold.

Star Voter 2015

Nox La'Athvanna wrote:
I see you are quite proud of your lineage, and if you are indeed decended from such awesome beasts, you have some reason.

The little fellow nods his head fervently.

Nox La'Athvanna wrote:
Raising himself to his full height, which at full is just about double that of the kobold, and resting his hand on the hilt of his rapier I too am proud of my lineage for I am the elder of the La'Athvanna, protector of these woods. What we have done is what my namesake and family honor has called me to do. I have stolen nothing,and that which we have gathered is for a higher purpose. So, the question is this to you truescale, what would you do having survived the battle and told us of your people? Would you act as a peaceful member of these woods and be a ward of mine, or would you stand against us to defend some reported slight that you cannot speak of personally?

His nodding stops abruptly. "Ah, protector?" He thinks for a moment, sneaking a look over at the dwarf, before saying, "Um, be ward?"


Male Elf Druid 4

Glancing at Gilgar Aye, no harm will come of you if you are a friend us and these woods. The Dwarf would not be so angry had he not been raised from a restful sleep by a sneak attack. I am sure you would feel the same....The question remains, what will do you with yourself, now that you have lived till the morning? Will you lay down your arms, or raise them against us?

Star Voter 2015

The kobold, who is still unarmed, looks at each of his hands and makes a point of keeping down against his thighs and bestows you with a toothy smile and a nod. "See? Arms down!"

The two wounded ones on the ground both nod in agreement. One, realizing that his weapon still lies close, crawls away from it lest it be thought that he's reaching to use it.


Male Elf Druid 4

Very well, but please do understand. This is a one time offer. If you stand before us again, or any of your kin does, I do not know that I would be able to stop the dwarf if I cared to. Do you understand?

Star Voter 2015

Vigorous head-nodding is the only response.

Star Voter 2015

"We go now? We keep weapons? Not use against lathavana, for defend self only." He nods very solemnly as he says this last, as emphasis.

Assuming you grant them leave to do so, the least injured kobold will move around gathering up the gear they dropped, walking the long way rather than going near the dwarf. The three of them creep into the trees cautiously, looking back often, but once they are out of sight, you can hear them begin to run, making good their 'escape'.

Eluf (the lizardfolk) speaks to Nox.

Druidic:
"You are kind and wise. Your father would be proud. To the lake now?"

Spellcasters: Don't forget to update your spells for a new day.

All: Your extra rest was sufficient to gain your level in hit points, also, despite the interruption of last night's battle.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar gives them his best skunk-eye as he growls out loudly "Be ye warned, runts! Goin' back tuh yer tribe ain't a home no more. It's a graveyard whence I come back! An' be sure I'm comin' back. You lot find yerselfs some other place tuh be, an' do it quick!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Elf Druid 4

Druidic:
Thank you friend, that is kind of you to say. Yes, to the lake.

To the group Eluf has offered a ride across the lake from his tribe, it will save us half a day on the trip back. Do you agree? gesturing towards the lizardman

Star Voter 2015

The lizardmen smiles and nods, getting the gist of Nox' message. Although a mouth full of sharp little teeth is a little disconcerting, it's obvious that he's trying to be friendly - and that a smile is not a normal expression for him. It's slightly awkward-looking and quickly disappears, replaced by the expression he generally wears, essentially emotionless - maybe if you were a lizardfolk, you would see a difference...


Dwarf Barbarian

Seeing where this is swiftly headed, Gilgar is silently thankful that he knows how to swim and doesn't absolutely hate the water. He tries to remain expressionless, which results in an only slight scowl.


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

"Now I know we need to get back as soon as possible, but they did just try to kill us. You may be able to make quick friends, but I am not keen to give so much trust. What if they leave us stuck on the lake without a paddle?"


Male Elf Druid 4

It's the tall lizard man who helped us against the kobolds who is offering us a ride.

Star Voter 2015

OK, I didn't reply because I thought there was some debate to follow among the characters. Now it appears that all are waiting for me instead.

Eluf waits patiently for the party to indicate that they are ready to leave.


Male Elf Druid 4

Gathering his items, We should get started

Star Voter 2015

Understanding the tone if not the words, Eluf make a bow to Nox and the rest of the party. Moving back to the edge of the clearing where he entered, he pulls aside the branches. With the branches out of the way, you can see a tunnel through the foliage.

With another bow and a couple of words, he moves into the tunnel far enough to accommodate the party and stops to wait.

Druidic:
"Eluf will lead."


Male Elf Druid 4

druidic:
We will follow friend

Nox will fall in directly behind the lizardman with perrin at his side/heels.

Star Voter 2015

Except for the druids, the party will be constrained to a single-file marching order. We have Eluf, Nox, Perrin; who's next?


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar wedges into the tunnel, carrying his axe as nonchalantly as possible.

Star Voter 2015

The mage steps into the path behind the dwarf, mumbling a constant dialogue to himself about getting attacked by little lizards and then following a big lizard down a tunnel he is sure wasn't there yesterday to gods-knows-where and he's going to stay right close to the dwarf because if things get ugly, he's the mostly likely to carve his way out and the druid up front seems to be entranced by the lizardman and the druid in back doesn't seem to be really present in the moment, you know, and this is probably a bad, bad, bad idea.

When the dwarf glances back, a scowl on his face, the illusionist gives him a radiant smile. "Everything's good back here!"

The female druid follows the party, walking just off the path but visible through the foliage, as her tiger stalks just behind the mage, growling slightly because he can feel the tension given off by the wizard. The druid seems to be lost in thought, as she has been since the combat last night when she disappeared in the underbrush only to reappear when the fighting was done.

I'm not feeling a lot of love for the game, but I will try to push through. If our missing members don't want to proceed, the NPCs can always return.

Star Voter 2015

As the party travels through their shrubbery-encased tunnel, they realize that they are not alone. From time to time, they pass through areas where the foliage is not as thick and they can see there are more lizardfolk flanking the party as they travel, at least one on either side, possibly more.


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar, turns back around shaking his head slightly, but admits under his breath "At least one of 'em ain't p'tater-brained." As he trudges along, his knuckles whiten as he grips his axe tighter, eyes upon the lizardfolk in front. As it becomes clear that there are more of them lurking, the muscles in Gilgar's neck and shoulders get tighter, bulging with mounting tension. Soon each step he takes brings a short growl from the thick Dwarf.


Male Elf Druid 4

druidic:
Have your tribemen been here the whole time?

Star Voter 2015

Druidic:
"Our shaman would not let my hatchmates help me help you, but he feared that I would be in danger when I approached you. They were there to protect me, now they are here to protect us all."

The lizardfolk druid raises a hand and makes a bird call that sounds familiar. You hear similar calls from either side of the trail. The one lizardfolk visible at the moment nods and waves back.


Male Elf Druid 4

Be at ease Gilgar, if they were here to attack us, they would have fell upon us at the camp.

druidic:
Very well. One can never have too many friends on the trail

Star Voter 2015

Eluf exposes a disturbing number of teeth as he looks over his shoulder and nods.


Dwarf Barbarian

Incoherently grumbles

Star Voter 2015

1 person marked this as a favorite.

After a few hours of hiking, the party feels a cool breeze from their left that relieves the stifling humidity of their surroundings. Suddenly, the shine of water can be seen through the trees and it becomes obvious that they have been walking alongside whatever body of water this is.

Eluf stops briefly to point to the water and, with some difficulty, say, "Droskmere."

Another thirty minutes or so, the party finds themselves standing on the bank of the broad lake. You can hear the sound of rapids in the distance to your right, but the trees seem to completely enclose the water on all sides. Two lizardfolk, spears in hand, emerge from the trees and stand waiting while Eluf pulls aside some branches dipping down into the water. Underneath, you can see four small rafts, each enough to hold maybe four men. He grins at you and points at the party and at the rafts.

The two new lizardfolk - one apparently a female - move around the party and begin to pull the rafts out. Eluf and his 'brothers' each take one and hold it steady near the shore to be boarded. There do not appear to be any paddles or oars.

Each of the animals will take two 'slots' on a raft and we have four characters, so that's eight slots of a possible twelve (if you really load the rafts). Who's riding on which raft?


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

"As much as I feel safe with Gilgar, this seems like a place for he druids. I say we split the druids. I will go with one and Gilgar withtye other. "

Sorry for delay. I wqant to keep going. Been crazy starting my new store.

701 to 750 of 1,913 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.