Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


551 to 600 of 1,887 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

DM's Screen:

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The creature hits the tiger again (this round's attack). Winter's hp: 19/24

Nox (and Perrin), up to bat!


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will fire another arrow at the Remaining cloak

1d20 ⇒ 11 shortbow attack
1d100 ⇒ 72 miss chance
1d6 ⇒ 1 damage roll

OOC: well, that was a couple seconds of my life I'll never get back. Boo


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Seeing Nox shoot at the other cloack, Perrin will circle around to C10, which he is a single move action through difficult terrain and attack from C10.

1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 bite attack w/flank
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage

OOC: Ah well, can't win'em all


Next up, the amazing Laucian!

In the murk, you can see Nox drawing back and firing his bow. Sylvanis cast something, by the sound of it, and lunged to reach into the room, but she remains in the hallway. As for the others, you can hear them growling and the sounds of fighting - the dwarf's growls were punctuated by an inarticulate shout of triumph, though, so that's a good sign. You stand where the light is normal, a door to your right (closed) and a door to your left (open). What do you wish to do?


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Laucian turns and steps through the open door to his left (D12) in search of anything that might be used to clear the next room of the demons all the while keeping an eye out for anything of interest.

Perception:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

End of Turn


Laucian:
The double doors leading into this chamber are shattered and broken, one of them lying on the floor. The room beyond is in an equal state of disrepair. What was once a library is now a shattered mess with one corner being completely collapsed and dominated by a wide pool of stagnant water. Thick fungus grows on most of the books that still remain on the shelves lining the walls.

Give me a second Perception check if you are studying any area in particular (and tell me where, of course).

Gilgar is up - I'm not sure he will be posting this week, but I will give him one day before I roll for him.


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

DM:
Looking at stagnant water area: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Looking at collapsed corner area: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


The dwarf, still raging, turns and swings at the other creature.

2-handed Dwarven Waraxe Attack + Raging + flank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Dwarven Waraxe 2-handed damage + Raging: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

He drives the second creature into the floor.

Other than the dwarf's panting as his rage fades, the only sound you hear is the drip of water in the direction that Laucian disappeared.

Laucian:
I have to reward a 20 even though you weren't looking in the exact place... Something about the fungus on the shelves disturbs you, but you see one book on the very top - well, just the edge of it, actually - that looks pristine, like the mold did not want to touch it - or was prevented in some fashion.

End of combat. What would you like to do?


Male Wolf Wolf 3

Nox and Perrin will search the room room the battle was in for anything of interest.

Nox: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 perception
Perrin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 perception


Everyone but Laucian:
As the party moves into the former chapel, they realize what Gilgar already knew - the strange darkness only enfolds the half of the room nearest the doors.

The room is in disarray and looks like it was abandoned long ago, all valuables long since taken away.

The only item of significance is the unusually large anvil, large enough to be used as an altar and once decorated with carving that have been defaced and ruined. In fact, considering it's size and location...

Knowledge (Religion) DC 10 if you are in the chapel:
It's apparent to you that this altar would have been used in ceremonies dedicated to Torag, dwarven god of the forge.

Nox:
Nox notices an area on the surface of the artifact where there are five depressions spaced evenly. They are exactly the same size, just smaller than a gold piece in diameter.

Laucian:
You have not heard any more shouting and fighting from the chapel since the dwarf's second shout of rage.


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Laucian's Action:
Laucian will walk up to the shelf, taking care to not disturb anything. Once there he will grab the book that even the mold doesn't want to touch and ...

... Not hearing any more shouting, Laucian yells over to the group, "Guys, are you safe?..." A slight pause, "I might of found something to help us." Laucian anxiously waits for a reply.


Male Elf Druid 4

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Elf Druid 4

Aye Laucian, all is well for us. The dwarf has made short work of the beasts

After looking at the Anvil closer, It looks like there is a set of ceremonial coins or talismans that used to fit into the anvil here Pointing to 5 evenly spaced depressions in the anvil


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

DM:
Laucian looks around for anything that would be coin/talisman like...
Perception : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Laucian:
You see nothing coin- or talisman-like, but the mold covers almost everything on the shelves, so there could be something there, unseen.

As for the book, the shelves are quite tall, at least 8', so the book's a bit out of reach. The shelves might hold you if you climb, but you'd probably come in contact with the mold.

Gilgar turns to see what Nox is talking about and, loud enough for Laucian to hear clearly, shouts in outrage, "By Torag's Holy Hammer! What have they done to the anvil!" He begins to run his hands over the defaced artifact like an artist that has found his prize statue tossed and broken on the side of the road, muttering to himself angrily.


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will take a half step back from the simmering Dwarf and kneel down to Perrin, I'm not sure what all they did, but I am thinking they are going to regret it boy. What do you think?


Dwarf Barbarian

I have returned! Nice rolls for me, DM!!! :)


Welcome back! I hope I got the flavor of the Gilgarian right!


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Laucian turns and walks out of the room, and back down the hallway to the rest of the group. Looking over the scene, "I apologize that I had nothing to help with these creatures. They were more powerful than I with their magic."

Taking a breath Laucian continues, "While looking for anything that could help us in the fight, I came across what once was the library." Turning to Nox, "I didn't see any coin or talisman; however, the mold in the room is so great that I could be covering such items."

Including Sylvanis in his glance as to ask both druids, "Do you have any ties with nature that could remove this mold, or at least you could check it out to see if it is safe to remove it by hand." Laucian waits for their response, and is ready to show them the room if they are ready to come."


What!? You don't need any druids! Just grab it - what harm could a little mold do?! Heh, the paranoia has started to take effect...

For the record, the area of the combat remains dimly lit.


Male Elf Druid 4

Well, let's go take a look.

Nox will then follow Lauciann to the library, assuming Laucian heads that way.


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Laucian shows Nox, and any others that follow to the room.

Pixie Rogue wrote:
The double doors leading into this chamber are shattered and broken, one of them lying on the floor. The room beyond is in an equal state of disrepair. What was once a library is now a shattered mess with one corner being completely collapsed and dominated by a wide pool of stagnant water. Thick fungus grows on most of the books that still remain on the shelves lining the walls.

"I am curious if these 'coins' you are looking for are under this mold." I also find in interesting that the mold left that book up there, alone" Laucian points to a book 8 foot up on the self. "What do you make of this mold, and what would be the best way to clear it?"


Male Elf Druid 4

Nox will examine the mold to see what information he can gather about it and what potential dangers it may pose.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 knowledge nature


Dwarf Barbarian

Gilgar enters the doorway and stands behind the elves. "Ye said the coins might be in here, eh... Best way to get rid o' mold is tuh burn it, or cover it an' mash it..."


Sylvanis follows the dwarf, then moves past to examine the mold.

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Well, then. It appears that our druids combined for an 18 on the check, no matter how you slice it.

Nox:
The best you can do is identify that it may be a dangerous form of mold, but it might not be, too. If it is dangerous, the problem will come from breathing spores when it is disturbed.


Male Elf Druid 4

Hmmm, I just don't....

Nox will take 20 to examine the mold further +8


Nox La'Athvanna wrote:

Hmmm, I just don't....

Nox will take 20 to examine the mold further +8

Nox:
Unfortunately, you cannot retry a Knowledge check until you've gained a level (representing new learning). So no new knowledge about this specific mold, but because you are cogitating for a full two minutes, there's this.

  • You can improve your chance of avoiding any issues by covering your mouth with a damp rag to prevent the spores from entering your lungs.
  • You know that dangerous spores are effectively a poison, so anything you have to reduce the effects of poison would apply here.
  • Lastly, you realize that you've seen the mage move things at a distance - if he can search the shelves with his magic, you might be able to stand far enough back to avoid the spores completely.
  • Laucian:
    Nox is coming to the same conclusion, but as you are debating how to proceed, you realize that your mage hand should be sufficient to move the mold and look for coins. It might even be able to pick up the book that's caught your eye.


    Male Elf Druid 4

    Laucian, perhaps your magic can move the items we need off the shelves without putting us at as much risk?


    Sylvanis offers, "That might work. The spores are usually localized to the area that's disturbed - if everyone stays back 15' or more, our chances of being affected should be minimal."


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    "That would work. I figured was thinking I could handle getting some of this, but I wanted to make sure that if I did, I wouldn't bring something to me on the item that I don't want to have."

    Standing a few feet from the mold, Laucian points to the top of bookshelf at the book not even the moss wants to touch, followed by saying some short quick words. When finished he retracts his finger as if pulling the trigger on a crossbow.

    DM:
    Spell: Mage Hand
    Range 35 ft.
    Target: one nonmagical; unattended object weighting up to 5 lbs
    Desc: Can lift and move object from distance

    Now reading this, I am not sure this will work because it is suppose to be a "nonmagical" object.


    Pixie Rogue wrote:
    Sylvanis offers, "That might work. The spores are usually localized to the area that's disturbed - if everyone stays back 15' or more, our chances of being affected should be minimal."

    I will assume that, having just been told to stay back 15' or more, your 'few feet' was 15'.

    The book rises slowly from the shelf and floats down to Laucian's waiting hands without disturbing the mold. The other shelves are full of books, but between the mold and moisture in this room, it seems unlikely that any of them will be salvageable. Do you want to 'sweep' your mage hand along the shelves looking for coins or other objects?


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    Putting the book in his bag for the time being, Laucian again starts pointing at the mold this time wth an open hand. After speaking the same words as before he sweeps his open hand from left to right as if creating a wind to blow away the mold to look for coins mentioned earlier.

    [Ooc]same spell casted, yet back 15'[ooc]

    Perception : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


    The first 'contact' with the mold creates a cloud of spores. Soon, it's impossible to see through it and it does billow out, but it really doesn't fill the room, mostly staying the area around the bookcases. A gust of wind right now would be bad, though...

    Wiping away the mold and waiting for the cloud to settle does not yield any coins - either heard as they fall from the shelf or seen after the mold has been disturbed. Truly cleaning the mold away would take days, but pushing it back and forth gives you a pretty good idea of whether something small might rest on the shelves in front of the books.

    It also becomes clear that the mold-covered books are indeed ruined.


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    "I don't see anything else of interest here, unless any one of you see something I have missed." Laucian turns to the group as he finishes. After looking at each person his hand disappears in his back searching for the book he just put in it. Once his hand locates the binding of the book, he grabs it and pulls it out.

    "Now what is so special about this book that not even the mold will touch it?" Laucian turns the book over in his hands inspecting it for any writting or reasons to not open it. If able he will read it aloud to the party, opening the book to continue as long as obvious harm does not seem apparent.


    Collaborating, the party determines that this is a book of hymns glorifying Torag and quite artfully done. Folded in the back is a single sheet of parchment done in a different hand, also primarily in Dwarven, but Gilgar can't make heads or tails of what it says. Anyone else speak dwarven? Have anything specific you want to know about the book?


    Dwarf Barbarian

    How about a publisher and copyright date? *snicker*


    Male Elf Druid 4

    Nox will cast detect magic.


    Nox La'Athvanna wrote:
    Nox will cast detect magic.

    The book does not have an aura, but the parchment does. After studying it for two more rounds, you determine that it is a faint evocation aura.

    Spellcraft check, please.


    Male Elf Druid 4

    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 spellcraft check


    Nox:
    The parchment is a divine scroll of spiritual weapon. I don't believe it is on the druid spell list, so it will require someone to use Use Magical Device to take advantage of it. Of course, you can sell it or trade it later.

    There does not appear to be anything else of interest in this room - between the mold and the water, everything has been effectively destroyed.

    The worg steps into the doorway. "My girls tell me you have already taken the mushrooms I owed you for killing the cloak-monsters. That fulfills my part of the bargain." With that, he turns and walks down the hallway.

    You have collected the items necessary for the cure. There are rooms in the monastery you have not explored. What do you wish to do?


    Male Elf Druid 4

    Nox will turn to the other members in the room:
    The parchments is a scroll of Spiritual Weapon. As for the mushrooms and our agreement, the worg is right.

    Let's get back to the group.


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    I believe the group is all here in the room. If not Laucian will go back to the group.

    "We have what we have come for. I suspect we need the cure needs to be administered as soon as possible. If I remember right, this was the last thing needed. Should we get this back to town?"


    Male Elf Druid 4

    That seems sensible to me as well


    Dwarf Barbarian

    "Then let us get to movin'..."


    How do you want to return to Falcon's Hollow?

    Nox:
    The choices that occur to you are: Retrace your steps to circle north of the lake (definitely the longest route); Work your way to the lake and see if you can find a way to cross the lake, perhaps with a simple raft; Work your way south and west to get out of the woods altogether and follow the River Foam to Falcon's Hollow - you'll still have to deal with crossing the outflow from the lake unless you cross the River Foam itself.

    As the party exits the monastery, I need to Perception checks - one before you leave the courtyard, one as you pass through the fallen double doors (I'm making assumptions about your initial exit - if I'm off-base, let me know know and we will adjust.


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    Well Laucian plans to follow Nox back to Falcon's Hollow. How Nox gets there, Laucian doesn't care :-P But as a player, I originally thought the same way back, unless either of our druids knows a better route back.


    Male Elf Druid 4

    dm:
    Being newly returned to the area and not familiar with this part of the woods, Nox will go back way that he knows.

    On our way then, Nox will head back the way they came with Perrin flanking him.

    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Perception Courtyard
    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Perception Double Doors

    Perrin:

    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Perception Courtyard
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Perception Double Doors


    Dwarf Barbarian

    Perception (courtyard): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Perception (Dbl Doors): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


    Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

    Laucian follows the group out the way they came. Entering the courtyard, Laucian sees the well, and turns to Gilgar.

    "I forgot, you said something was down that well. Is it someone we need to save? I would hate to leave a good person down a well."


    Dwarf Barbarian

    Stopping mid-stride, Gilgar looks towards the well. "Uhh... No person, just what looked like a ladder, er somethin'... We can always come back. This cure ye keep rattlin' on about... folks dyin'?"

    551 to 600 of 1,887 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.