Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale

Game Master Pixie Rogue

A small party, thrown together, adventuring in Darkmoon Vale in the nation of Andoran.


1 to 50 of 1,900 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

When we rejoin our original group of heroes, Nox, Laucian, Glenna, and Aggo are leaving the meadow of the Forest Elder. Before we move on with this group, though, here's a little recap of the recent events -- at least in gametime.

------------------------
Turning away from the tree, the seriousness in Laucian's face seems to melt into a large smile. "I would love to tell you my abilities. At least, I will tell and show you some of my tricks, but a good magician never tell s his secrets."

Walking over to the camp, Laucian starts to tell stories of faeries that he can make appear, and while giving the story, a stick from the woods appears to come on its own accord to Laucian's hand.

Speaking about the faeries, "They come all times of the day, but they are best seen at night, or in the dark. Maybe sometime I can call them to our group, but they may be shy."

He continues with this stories while eating up until everyone is ready to move out. He only then stops to pack up his gear, before he picks right back where he left off.

Aggo is a bit gruff as he returns to his quickly-cooling breakfast. "If'n ye'd just waited a bit longer, we'd be done wit' breakin' 'r fast, 'n every'un 'ould 'ave been ready fer action when ye woke up th' tree's guardian." He quickly tucks away what remains of his meal.

Listening to Laucian, he interrupts, "Lad, Ah know ye're as eager t' be tellin' tales as th' one who ran off, but Ah'm fer thinkin' Nox 'as somethin' specific in mind. What exactly can we be fer expectin' from ye in a fight? Ye can't always 'ope to talk a foe into runnin' away. If'n we 'r fightin' fer 'r lives, we need t' be fer knowin' what t' expect from ye, if anythin'."

He get his bedroll and gear together, assisting the halfling with hers, and pretty soon both of them are ready to go.

Glenna says, "Graymoon and I discussed the general path. We need to go this way next, but I think Nox is going to be a far better leader in his home forest than I am. I can point the way in a general sense, but that's about all..."

With Aggo's interruption, Laucian stops and listens intently. No sooner had Aggo finished did Laucian start back up. "Well I don't have much experience in the fighting world. Most of my life has been as a performer with my tricks. I suppose some of these tricks could be used to assist you in combat. I might be able to blind and confuse some of the people. Distraction, confusion, and assistance to you two " Laucian points to Nox and Aggo, "would probably be my specialty in combat, if one was to label me. Depending on the length of time I am with you, I may be able to work up some new tricks to help as well."

Turning to Nox, "Does that answer your question, good friend?"

After furrowing his brow and looking at Laucian for a few seconds, Nox breaks into a grin and says, "Aye, friend, that is more what I was querying towards. It will be interesting to see how we can take advantage of your unique gifts." If all agree, we will head on our way."

Looking in the direction that Glenna has indicated, "After all, if Graymoon is free to find us, a group our size would be hard-pressed to hide our tracks from him, even if we were so inclined......Shall we?"

Glenna pipes up, "According to what Graymoon said, there should be a faint game trail that takes us nearly all the way to the hag's meadow. He thought we'd get there by midafternoon today."

Please make a Perception or Survival check - there's a game trail to be found!

Already received from Nox: Survival = 17 + 5 = 22


We also find our two new members, but we'll have to retrace our steps 48 hours. Portions of this will be spoilered and labeled with the intended audience. As I mentioned earlier, I can't stop you from looking in someone else's spoiler, but remember that your character doesn't know what's spoilered for someone else -- unless that character tells them. Please spoiler your responses, folks - this is like the whispers in the FG tabletop.

Gilgar:

Spoiler:
As you hike down from Emperor Peak, you have come down the valley of the Taggoret River. Just past Mount Kia, you come across the road that eventually leads to Falcon's Hollow - you don't want to follow it that far, but it makes the travel easy for now, and it's doing in the right direction as it follows the riverbed. You have a rough idea of the location of the ruins you seek and they are on the other side of the river, but you want to be closer to the lake known as the Droskmere - or even on its banks - before you try to cross the river. Otherwise, you just end up having to cross the Jagged River, too, and it's notorious for being difficult to cross once you are down off the slopes of Mount Gustus. And you just don't feel like climbing up Mount Gustus just to go around a river.

Sylvanis:

Spoiler:
Some of my geography was off in my previous suggested starting point for you, my apologies. Your travels from the Verduran Forest have been largely uneventful. You have encountered a few farmers in their fields as you pass through, but as you are not really on an established road, you have not encountered any other travelers. Ahead, you see the slopes of Mount Kia and know that the Taggoret River comes down the valley on the far side of the ridge. Your plan is to travel along the base of the ridge to where the Falcon's Hollow road diverges from the river (they both follow the valley north toward the peak of Mount Kia before they go their separate ways once again). Once there, you will be on the edge of Darkmoon Wood, your new territory.

As you walk, companion at your side (does your companion have a name?), you can hear the sound of the river rushing and know you aren't far when you hear voices speaking loudly in a guttural language...

Gilgar:

Spoiler:
You are making great time down the road and expect to be out of the valley by evening easily. The rushing water of the Taggoret makes it difficult for you to hear, but all you've seen thus far are fish, mountain goats, and once, in the distance, a bear on the far side of the river. You could almost be disappointed that it has been so easy, traveling alone. Up ahead, where the ridge that forms the eastern side of the valley quickly drops down to the altitude of the forest beyond, you see four figures climbing up from the river -- probably stopped for water or to bathe. A little wary, you watch - they have not spotted you yet - and it's obvious that they see something to the east when they get up to the level of the road. One motions to stay down, then waves a single ally up to the road where they seem to be shouting and shaking their large blades at something or someone coming from the east. The other two crouch town just below road height, tensed. As you move forward, you realize these are orcs. If they weren't distracted, they would surely have seen you by now.

Sylvanis:

Spoiler:
As you come around the end of the ridge, you are about 40 feet from the road you seek, the sound of the river emanating from just past and below the paving stones, when you see two orcs, still dripping wet, come up the slope from the river and step onto the road. One brandishes his falchion at you and screams to be heard over the river. Do you understand orcish?


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Flowing Glenna's lead, Laucian starts looking in the direction she is pointing. "I am not the best at finding things. That could be it maybe?" Laucian points to a spot along the tree line.

Spoiler:

  • Perception: 10 = 10 (1d20) + 0 (WIS) + 0 (Perception)
  • Perception (Sight): 12 = 12 (1d20) + 0 (WIS) + 2 (Perception (Sight))
  • Perception (Sound): 12 = 12 (1d20) + 0 (WIS) + 2 (Perception (Sound))


All (dice tutorial):

Spoiler:
Please use the online roller - it's just bbcode like the bold and spoiler tags.

Syntax for it is (dice and /dice go in square brackets, of course, because they are tags)

Perception (dice)1d20 + 4(/dice)

which should look like this if you use the square brackets instead of parentheses

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

If you want to explain the bonus or include circumstantial bonuses, just put them on the line behind the roll in ooc tags, like so:

Perception (dice)1d20 + 4(/dice) (ooc)includes racial bonus, another +2 for sight-based checks(/ooc)

or

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 includes racial bonus, another +2 for sight-based checks


Female Elf Druid (2)

Spoiler:
I don't understand Orcish and my Cat's name is Winter.


Gilgar:

Spoiler:
The orc that appears to be the leader is brandishing his weapon at something out of sight to your left and screaming loudly, but you cannot hear him well enough to know what he said.

Sylvanis:

Spoiler:
Sense Motive (or straight Wisdom check) to try to understand his body language. Are you still walking toward him?


Female Elf Druid (2)

Spoiler:
As I slowly walk forward, I attempt to understand the armed Orc's body language, stick very close to Winter, and if I understand the Orc's actions as being more than just a mild threat will be ready to cast Summon Nature's Ally I. Wis Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Sylvanis:

Spoiler:
You get the definite impression that he's more than just bluster. And he's hiding something - cards he hasn't shown, if you will. He's definitely a real threat. His companion is tense, but not overtly threatening -- he's waiting for a signal, you think.

Perception check, please

Gilgar:

Spoiler:
Mr. Lead Orc is getting more blustery. Sense motive and Perception checks, please.


Female Elf Druid (2)

Spoiler:
Slowing to a halt after feeling bad juju in the air. Perception check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 I also make note if there trees or thick cover near by.


Dwarf Barbarian

Here there be hidden stuff:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

How far away are the orcs?

Begin moving toward them, war axe at the ready. Right now, I'm moving with measured, controlled steps, trying to keep their attention elsewhere.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


DM rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 14

Sylvanis:
The only real cover that you see is along the river bank, behind the aggressor shaking his falchion at you. His fellow holds his falchion loosely looking back and forth between you and Winter, a javelin in his right hand. They are 35 feet from your position.

Feel free to give me a perception check for Winter, too. He can't tell you what he sees, but you would pick up on it if he noticed something, giving you a second chance and a bonus. (House rule)

Gilgar:
The aggressive orc is concentrating to your left shaking his falchion and bellowing. His ally on the road stands with his back to you, falchion loose in his left hand, a javelin in his right. The other two remain hunkered down, hidden on the slope down from the roadbed to the river. None have noticed you yet that you can tell and you've closed the gap to 35 feet.

You are finally close enough to the end of the ridge to see what has the orc's attention -- a lone elf stands along side a big cat - tiger, perhaps - looking a bit uncertain about how to proceed.

I have not checked -- do you understand Orcish?


Dwarf Barbarian

Here there be hidden stuff:

I have no desire to speak to, or hear from, the dead, so no, I do not speak Orcish...
Charge the leader, intent on dispatching him to the afterlife.


Sylvanis & Gilgar:
Oh, and roll for initiative!

DM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 6


Dwarf Barbarian

Here there be hidden stuff:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Elf Druid (2)

No peeking:
If you still need it Winter's Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Sylvanis Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Winter's Init if they are seperate 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Up to you when or if I cast Summon Nature's Ally I referring to post
Me wrote:
and if I understand the Orc's actions as being more than just a mild threat will be ready to cast Summon Nature's Ally I

I'm not sure how combat works on this so in case you need it right away I'm casting Summon Nature's Ally if I haven't already.

Let me know how combat works rotation in post wise.


Sylvanis & Gilgar:

Grand experiment here: Trying to use Google docs for the mapping. Hopefully this works - let me know.

Map

At this time, Sylvanis (SL) has not noticed Gilgar (G). Orc leader (O1) is facing Sylvanis, orc minion (O2) is facing south.

Sylvanis:
Sorry about overlooking the stated plan to start casting. That is a full-round action to cast, so I'm going to rule that you've started the casting in lieu of a surprise round and it will resolve on the first round. On your turn, I'll need to know what you are summoning and where you are placing it.

Gilgar:
You are up, but you think the elf is casting a spell.


Dwarf Barbarian

Here there be hidden stuff:

Delay, watching the Elf. I have no intention of getting caught in the middle of some nasty magical ugliness. Therefore, I will take my action if and when whatever dark arts the Elf is conjuring up...


Female Elf Druid (2)

Stuff:
Placement on the Google Docs will be a Dog (Small) at 018. That's the plan for the Summon since it was pre Init and it can't change before my turn, I'm putting it out there.


Sylvanis:
You are welcome to keep your decision, but my ruling, for future reference, is that you don't have to make the final decisions until the spell is nearly completed - the situation may have changed, you might want him in a different location, etc.

What's your concentration bonus? I didn't see it in your character sheet -- if it's not there, go ahead and put it in the Spells section. Otherwise, let me know where to find it.

On the road today, will post more this evening. I hope you guys are enjoying things so far -- and I hope the other two are cool with a little bit of a delay while we get these two characters caught up...

Of course, if they are not... I'm the DM, and Rule 0 is in force!


Female Elf Druid (2)

Check:
Assuming it is just the caster level+ability modifier it is +5 and is now at the bottom of the prepared spells sections of Sylvanis's profile.


Sylvanis:
That is correct, caster level plus ability modifier. Thanks for adding that to your profile.

Please check out my post in the discussion thread regarding Winter.

I hope you don't mind me rolling for Winter in the combat to get things moving. I may not always do that in the future, I have not decided.

Gilgar & Sylvanis:
OK, round one of combat!

Initiative
21 Gilgar
16 Orc (O2)
13 Placeholder
10 Orc Leader (O1)
09 Winter
06 Placeholder
04 Sylvanis

Gilgar, still unseen by the others, holds his action waiting to see how the elven magic manifests. Delays.

The orc (O2) looks with some concern between the elf casting his spell and his leader, but does nothing further. Delays.

The orc leader (O1), visibly angered by the elf's refusal to respond to his demands, charges.

As he passes Winter, the big cat (Should I be visualizing a tiger or a lion for Winter?) lunges at him in defense of 'his' elf.

Attack of Opportunity 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Misses.
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The orc continues past, bringing the falchion up and over in a mighty two-handed blow.

Charging attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 YIKES!
Damage 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10 OUCH!

Sylvanis will need to make a concentration check (DC 21) to not lose the spell.

The second orc, seeing his leader attacked, flings a javelin at the big cat. Initiative now 10, behind O1.

Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Misses.
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Winter ignores the attack, concentrating his ire on the orc that has attacked Sylvanis.

Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

There are now pieces of orc on the trail before the badly wounded Sylvanis as Winter turns to look at O2 and lick his lips. As if to say, "Next?"

If Sylvanis' concentration check was successful, the spell will complete at the beginning of this round. Sylvanis has a full round's worth of actions to take and is up now.

GM Information:
O1 Conditions this round: +2 attack, -2 AC
Orc Falchion +5 (2d4+4/18-20)
Orc Javelin +1 (1d6+3)


Dwarf Barbarian

Here there be hidden stuff:

Change of plans. No action this round.


Female Elf Druid (2)

Some Stuff:
Concentration check-1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
I'm fine if you wanna roll for Winter, the (if limited to Tiger/Lion)excessively over protective (for a belly rub) Tiger. Is there anyway to go back and edit post after you find out a roll check? Or does the dice roll not change?
Anyway spell failed since I can't roll and got SmasHED. Raising quarterstaff and swinging (walking stick) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 1d6 ⇒ 1 1d6 ⇒ 4 If either hits. Remind me to ask on Friday if we meet on how combat gets resolved.


Female Elf Druid (2)

If I misunderstood...Click Here:
Maybe I misunderstood, by chunks do you mean O1 is dead on the map, thus the red lettering for does the red lettering just for him having attacked, being in threatened squares, the one that ripped me a new one or somethingelse. If he is dead, Sylvanis steps down(behind Winter into P20)and begins to cast another spell(cure light wounds on herself) 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 all the while keeping a very calm and cool expression on her face and gently pats Winter.


Sylvanis & Gilgar:
The dice roll is static once you've previewed or saved your post, so you can go back and edit the text based on the results of the roll. I generally preview the post to see the results and then put in my text or update it to reflect the result of the roll.

O1 is indeed dead, dead, dead, so Sylvanis' action to step behind Winter and cast Cure Light Wounds on herself is a good choice - nice roll on the heal, by the way.

Top of the order, Gilgar is up!


Dwarf Barbarian

Round 2 action:

Charge O2, delivering a devastating two-handed sideways slash (back to front if it's still facing the direction the Elf is located) with my war axe...

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (+5 attack bonus, +2 for the charge, +1 due to Hatred)
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage


Nox & Laucian:
Perception checks, please.

Gilgar & Sylvanis:
Initiative 21: Gilgar's foe is devastated. The blow from the dwarf's waraxe nearly cuts the orc in half.

Initiative 13: A third orc steps out of the trees on the riverbank, takes one look at the carnage wrought by cat and dwarf, and turns tail, running downhill as fast as his feet will carry him. He appears to be headed for the trees in the distance, but he will have to cross the river to reach them.

Initiative 9: Winter growls at the sight of another orc, but he remains protectively between the dwarf and the elf, hair raising on the back of his neck. Readied Action.

Initiative 6: Suddenly, you hear the sound of someone splashing in the river. A few seconds later, you see yet another orc struggling to keep his head above water as he is swept downstream past his running ally.

Initiative 4: Sylvanis is up.


Female Elf Druid (2)

After Action:
Sylvanis carefully approaches the body of O1 and check for a pulse. Afterwards, she looks Winter in the eyes and eskimo kisses him. If Gilgar is visible, they both approach him. Even a slower approach if the blood on his weapon is visible. I'm not sure how much of that can be accomplished if we remain in init I'm guessing one round per sentence.


Gilgar & Sylvanis:
You're fine, we're out of rounds. The orc O1 has a very weak, thready pulse. He's virtually bled out from the mauling he received.

Gilgar and Sylvanis eye each other from across their small battlefield. I'll let you take it from here with introductions, etc.


Male Elf Wizard (Illusionist) (3)

Spoiler:

Pixie Rogue wrote:
Nox & Laucian: Perception Check

Perception: 1d20 + 0 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 + 0 = 8 (Add 2 if sight or sound)


Dwarf Barbarian

Cleaning the blood from my axe, ignoring the disassembled Orc nearby.

"Ye'r beast fights well, Elf! It can lower its hackles, though, as I am not interested in killing Elves or cats this day. From whence come ye, an' whither do ye go?"


Female Elf Druid (2)

In an odd language Sylvanis speaks to Winter and he lies down at her side. Addressing the Dwarf, "The trees along the river and surroundings are under my charge until one of the Druids La'Athvanna come to take up permanent residence. What brings you to the river alone, but well armed?"


Dwarf Barbarian

"Ha!" as I plant the axe head on the ground, leaning on the hilt "Ye'r the one tromping around with that furry war machine, Elf! I just go where I will, beholdin' to none. As it happens, this filth was in my path, an' Orc scum always needs killin'. How long have ye been been waitin' fer yer tree worshipin' friend?"


Female Elf Druid (2)

since the dm told me, no really how long are we lookin at benevolent dm


Sylvanis Leafmender wrote:
since the dm told me, no really how long are we lookin at benevolent dm

Sylvanis:
No one has heard from the elder druid for several years, but it was not unusual for him to not contact others. Efforts to reach him in the last couple of years have failed, leading the Circle to believe that he has either left the area for some reason he will share later or he has been called home.

His son is even more of a mystery. No one in the Circle has ever met him. Most of the Circle are human and were not members (or even born yet) when the younger druid was last seen. Some believe there is no "next generation" as they've never heard of the elder having a wife, but out of respect for him and his wishes, they have always allowed for his son to succeed. How they are supposed to locate him and let him know his inheritance has come to pass, no one knows. Thus far, attempts at divination have not provided an answer - it's as though the gods don't know, either.


Female Elf Druid (2)

Long enough to have doubts that he is still around, but not long enough to just give up. Do you have any ideas on where your will will take you in the next few days? And if Winter *points to cat* and Sylvanis *points to self* can join you? Atleast until it appears that this area is free of too many of those short tempered things *points to closest orc*?


Dwarf Barbarian

"Me name is Gilgar, an' I got nowhere pressing to be. 'Sides, where ye find a few Orcs, there's probably more that need kill'd!"


Looking downstream, you see the fleeing orc turn toward the river and make an awkward running dive into the churning water, then disappear. The floater seems to have found something to cling to and is kicking his way to the far side of the water, where the trees of the Darkmoon Vale begin to gather.

They are both a half mile or better from you by this time.


Dwarf Barbarian

Yelling at them, though they probably won't hear... "Run, ye filthy curs!!! Tell yer kin better they slaughter each other than meet me blade and fury!"

That being said, I turn back to the Elf, Sylvanis. "How's that meat churner at tracking?"


Female Elf Druid (2)

He can give it a try but I doubt his nose can get a trail after they've washed themselves clean for that long.


Dwarf Barbarian

"Nah... The things stink forever. All bathin' does fer them is kill the fish."


Female Elf Druid (2)

I go over to the body of one of the orcs and loot it for anything that contains a good scent and bring it to Winter. "Do you remember where they exited the river? If so lead the way. Winter can start tracking from there."


Dwarf Barbarian

OOC question for DM:

Survival roll now, or how would you like me to proceed?


Gilgar:
You will need to cross the river safely, then pick up the trail. A survival check will be necessary to find a safe ford and another will be necessary to locate the trail.

Survival check to locate a safe ford across the river, please. By the way, let me know if you wish to use the aid another action.


Female Elf Druid (2)

Survival Check to find way across 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14.
Assuming we are ok and can find the spot where they left the river Winter's Tracking check (using Scent) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Dwarf Barbarian

Survival Checks:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Survival/aiding to locate crossing

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Survival to try and locate the trail.


There is a well-used crossing farther down the river from where the orc climbed out. Knowing there was a crossing somewhere near, it was relatively simple to find it.

Circling back to the bank to find where the fleeing orc got back onto dry land, Gilgar is able to spot a likely location and his suspicions are confirmed by the big cat.

For the record, his ally and fellow swimmer is caught in a logjam in the middle of the river and hasn't moved since he washed up there, but you cannot get close enough to verify his state without risking the strong current that put him there.


Dwarf Barbarian

DM and Sylvanis:
Ignore the fish bait and move on.


For the moment, please refrain from reading the others' spoilers and make your replies in spoilers. You can come back later and see the secret stuff. ;-) We should have the party together shortly.

Gilgar & Sylvanis:
OK, let's fast-forward a bit

The orc that you are following might not be the bravest, but he's got some skills at woodcraft. The first day, you felt like you had to be catching up to him (he did have a head start), but the second day was continual frustration. He's moving quickly and covering his tracks well. At one point, he doubled back to the river - to the ford where you crossed - and it took nearly an hour to find where he got back out -- right back on top of his original exit point, going west! He seems to think he's lost you because he's not pulling as many tricks, but he's still keeping up a good pace. You know he must be tiring - he is an orc, after all, and they don't know the first thing about conserving their strength - but he's not gotten sloppy. Yet.

You are on your third day pursuing him and you haven't caught him yet. It's approaching midmorning and the trail is the clearest it has been yet. It looks like others have been on this trail recently, before the orc's flight...

Suddenly, the dense trees and thick brush of the forest give way, parting seemingly in respect for the titanic darkwood tree that dominates this clearing. Several times taller than a temple minaret, in one direction the obviously ancient tree reaches into the sky with branches like a giant’s arms, while in the other it plumbs the earth with roots thicker than a man’s waist.

Its limbs broad and strong, its bark thick and so richly colored as to almost be black, and its leaves the size of bucklers, the giant thing is less a tree and more a cathedral of boughs and branches.

The orc's path continues along the west side of the clearing and onto a narrow wildlife trail. He didn't tarry and headed right back into the trees, based on the tracks.

Survival check, please.

Nox & Laucian:
Laucian's Perception check did not yield any results.

As you walk, Aggo and Glenna have brought up the possibility that the eldermoss might need to be returned to Falcon's Hollow sooner rather than later. Glenna asks, "Do you think Aggo and I should take this back to town while you continue after the other ingredients?" Aggo gruffly replies, "Ah dinnae need ye t' keep me comp'ny, lass. Ah c'n take 'alf o' th' moss t' town easy 'nough, 'n ye stay wit' 'ese two." Your call - do you want both NPC's to leave? Do you want only Aggo to leave? Do you want them to stay with the party?

New Perception check, please.


Dwarf Barbarian

Survival Check:

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

1 to 50 of 1,900 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pixie Rogue's Adventures in Darkmoon Vale All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.