Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Pirate Rob's Charity Gauntlet

Game Master Pirate Rob

Maps


51 to 100 of 378 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

"Anyone have an alchemist fire? I have an idea."


The Gauntlet

There is a wind based abjuration preventing passage of the colorful fog, it seems to have no other effect.

The fog is non-magical.

About 30 feet down from your current position in the room you can sense a faint conjuration aura.

No useful knowledge about the fog currently.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac advances. If something springs on him he wants the Lucky Presence to be active. He times it for the white.


The Gauntlet

Warpac steps into the fog, finally getting a whiff of the toxic burnt fumes, additional the floor suddenly ends just on the other side of the wind barrier leaving Warpac to potentially tumble down.

Spoilered the results in case you want to use your lucky blessing on either check. Both saves and a bonus roll are rolled in the spoiler below, make up your mind and then check it out.

Warpac results:

Warpac fort save: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30
Success
warpac reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Fail

potential reroll?: 1d20 ⇒ 6
No change to above.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

I would have used the bonus on the reflex save as this is his worst save.


The Gauntlet

Not enough to succeed on the reflex.

falling damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7

Warpac takes one step too many as there's no floor past the start of the gas and tumbles to the floor 30 feet below.
7 falling damage, landing prone.

From here Warpac can see the beginnings of a mustard-colored mouldering shabby carpet. Additionally he can tell that the source of the white light is about 60 feet north and 30 feet above him.

Several red pinpricks open in the distance and pierce through the fog as the slithering sound of metal against stone becomes audible.

Initiative:

Rayne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Etu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Qalim: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Warpac: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Wraith: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
B: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Warpac sees and hears the slitering get closer as a cobra made of adamantine slithers out of the fog, it's red eyes piercing the fog.

bite: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Despite Warpac's prone position his armor is enough to keep the cobra's fangs away from his flesh.

Initiative
Blue
Qalim
Etu

Red
Yellow
Rayne
wraith
Green
Warpac 66/73 Prone

Qalin and Etu are up!

From outside the room the fog is completely opaque. At the edge of the fog is a 30ft drop to the room below. Once within vision is limited to about 20 feet and everything has concealment. Also if you enter or begin your turn in the fog please roll a fort save against poison. (Breath can be held instead)

once you see a cobra Arcana DC 13:
These are adamantine cobras (constructs). Most notably they have DR 10/- and SR. They are not powerful attackers but if you do get hit they generally are filled with nasty poisons.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 67 | AC: 26, Touch: 17, Flat-Footed: 21 | CMB: +17, CMD: 29 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60'), SM: +6 Half-Orc Vigilante 9

"Yes, I have some alchemist's fire here." says wraith as she rummages through her pack. "Where did Warpac go?" she asked when she looked back up.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

Just want to check, did we see Warpac fall? Or was that obscured by the gas?


The Gauntlet

You can see the back half of Warpac tumble down into the fog, also from the sounds it's very clear he fell.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac considers shouting a warning to the others, but decides to hold his breath instead.

The Exchange

Sorcerer 9 AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | HP (0)59/59| F +7 R +5 W +9 | Init +0, Perc +12 | Active Buff : See Invisibility

Qalim moves to pass the door but stays outside the fog before casting a fireball to destroy not fog and creature alike.

SR: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Fire Damages: 10d6 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 6) + 20 + 4 = 52 Ref DC22 for half

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

"Whichever of you will benefit more from a Fly spell, let me know and pass by me," Etu will say as she readies an action to cast an Extended Fly (4th level domain slot) on whoever expresses interest.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 67 | AC: 26, Touch: 17, Flat-Footed: 21 | CMB: +17, CMD: 29 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60'), SM: +6 Half-Orc Vigilante 9

"I'll go get the dwarf, since it sounds like he fell."

Wraith will move through, accepting the fly spell on the way, and then scoop up Warpac from where he fell.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac is carrying 165 lbs of stuff in addition to his own weight :)

And you would know that from the trip there that his is very loaded.

Don't worry, Warpac has a climbing kit and a OK climbing skill, even with his armor on, particularly if he straps his shield on his back (which would put him at +4 given the bull's strength spell). He can get out as long as the viper doesn't do him in or he has to take a breath and fails his ST.


The Gauntlet

Etu casts extended fly on wraith while Qalim lights off a fireball in the room.

Not only does the fireball explode but the gas in the chamber turns out to be quite flamable and all quickly burns off.

fire damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 5, 6) = 25
25 fire damage to warpac, no save.

The good news is you can now see!

Beyond the invisible barrier the floor drops 30 feet to another stone floor upon which a ragged, mustard-colored carpet spreads north past a series of six alcoves—three on either side—leading toward the pillar of green energy that extends from the room’s floor to its ceiling.

At the end of each alcove, 30 feet above the floor (on the same level as those of you in the first area), is a large, stylized bas-relief face, complete with staring eyes and a howling mouth large enough to fit a human.

From the southwest alcove moving counterclockwise, the large stone faces are red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo, and violet. Each face’s mouth spews billowing gas of the same color, although it'll take some time before the gas fills back up.

Bright beams of colorful energy shoot from one set of eyes to the other; progressing from south to north, the beams are red, blue, and white.
each cycle in only a couple seconds

Apparently destroyed by the exploding gas the remains of 4 adamantine cobras now lie strewn about the room.

Initiative

Qalim
Etu
Rayne
wraith
Warpac 41/73 Prone

Room stuff.

Rayne, wraith and Warpac are up!

We're going to remain in rounds for now because timing may be quite important.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac Rises to his feet and puts away his axe.

"Down here. I'm going to be coming up the other side."

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Rayne moves drawing his bow as he actively looks for anymore threats. "Why would you do that? There was a plan."

Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37


The Gauntlet

@Rayne No additional threats, although the gas is building back up, you'd guess you have under a minute until the room fills back up.

You don't see any further exits from the room.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

[b]"What plan? Sounded more like indecision to me. Besides, I'm fine,
at least for now."{/b]

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

"What plan? Sounded more like indecision to me. Besides, I'm fine,
at least for now."

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

"We should figure out the purpose of this room before the Masters begin wondering if we're up to the task, lest we need to expend resources to blow the room up a second time." Etu turned towards Wraith. "Wraith, could you be a dear, fly around, and search out any hidden exits or entrances? Before the room fills back up, if it suits you."

The Exchange

Sorcerer 9 AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | HP (0)59/59| F +7 R +5 W +9 | Init +0, Perc +12 | Active Buff : See Invisibility

Qalim says I have a wand of detect secret door in case we need this.


The Gauntlet

wraith takes advantage of his fly and heads in to look around.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

wraith dooesn't notice anything not already noted, until he's about 10 feet away from the red beam, it pulses wide enough to burn him despite his distance.

fire blast: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 4) = 15
wraith reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

wraith manages to avoid the worst of the blast.
after save for half, it's only 6 fire damage

Interestingly enough the pulsing fireblast does not seem to have reacted with the gas, which continues to slowly refill.

Initiative

Qalim
Etu
Rayne
wraith 61/67
Warpac 41/73

Room stuff I.

Everybody is up!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Does it seem like that if it is timed just right, one could pass though the area to the green pillar of energy and avoid the beams?

Do the beams work like this?
from red to violet: a red beam
from orange to indigo: a blue beam
from yellow to blue: a white beam

Does it look like the masks may be moved?

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Rayne will climb down to join Warpac to make his way across the room.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


The Gauntlet

@Warpac you are correct on the beam colors. They are cycling too fast to move past freely. They are also 30 feet off the ground, along with their beams, so as far as you know it looks safe on the ground.

Not so much masks as bas-reliefs, it's hard to make out their details from the ground due to the gas pouring out of the human sized mouths.

remember climbing is quarterspeed so a double move down only brings you down 15 of the 30 feet.

Rayne climbs halfway down.

Move you back to halfway down Rayne, let me know if you have some sort of climbing speed adjustments I'm missing.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

No, you're right. I goofed.

The Exchange

Sorcerer 9 AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | HP (0)59/59| F +7 R +5 W +9 | Init +0, Perc +12 | Active Buff : See Invisibility

Qalim draws his wand and uses it to detect if any secret passage is in the area.

Detect secret door

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac will pop a wand of CLW (spring-loaded wrist sheath) and heal himself before proceeding. +2 for Fey Foundling feat.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

HP = 47

He then moves 20', shield in one hand, wand in the other, staying off the nasty looking carpet.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 67 | AC: 26, Touch: 17, Flat-Footed: 21 | CMB: +17, CMD: 29 | F: +9, R: +12, W: +10 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13 (darkvision 60'), SM: +6 Half-Orc Vigilante 9

Wraith will fly down to where Warpac is located and say quietly "Is it that you are embarrassed to be carried by a flying woman?"

I'm pretty strong and don't carry a lot of gear, so even with you and your gear I shouldn't be more than a medium load.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

"Embarassed? What's wrong with a flying woman? I don't understand."

He looks honestly bewildered.

A 16 strength has a 230 lb max heavy load. Even if you have an 18 because of your belt that still puts you at 18 with a 300 at max heavy load. Warpac weights at least 200 pounds and has 165 pounds of gear. That is over 350 pounds you have to lift plus your own chain shirt and various gear. Unless there is something I'm missing you ain't getting airborn with Warpac.


The Gauntlet

Qalim doeesn't detect any secret doors within the cone of his spell.

Warpac advances and heals himself a bit.

Wraith flies down to Warpac and eyes picking up the massive dwarf.

botting Etu
Etu moves up to the edge and surveys what he can.
perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

"Nothing from up here." comments Etu.

The mouths continue to billow out gas.

Qalim
Etu
Rayne
wraith 61/67
Warpac 47/73

Room stuff II.

Everybody is up!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

"If there doesn't seem to be any sort of exit from this room, then the only thing of note is the pillar. Perhaps, after checking that out and there's nothing interesting, we should try a different door in the previous room."

Etu will cast Fly from her third level domain slot on herself and get within the edge of Detect Magic range, activating the spell and focusing on the pillar, swiping the room afterwards.

Spellcraft if relevant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Detect Magic will go off next round, but that's her action there.


The Gauntlet

Remember, we're still in rounds, so casting fly and moving forward this round. Detect magic will have to wait until next round. Moved your mini up as well.

As Etu flies past the first beam it once again pulses.

fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 5) = 11
reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Etu avoids thee worst of the pulse though

Qalim
Etu 32/37
Rayne
wraith 61/67
Warpac 47/73

Room stuff II.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac heals himself again and advances another 20', avoiding the nasty looking carpet.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

HP = 52

I need a new d8.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Rayne double moves while avoiding the carpet.


The Gauntlet

?: 6d20 ⇒ (3, 14, 1, 15, 7, 17) = 57

Warpac heals himself as he slowly advances through the room and Rayne moves around the other side.

Wraith flies low to the ground as the lights cycle above him.

Wraith comments "I think the eyelids of the faces can be closed, at least the violet and red ones."

A disable device check is needed.

Qalim holds his ground for now, his wand not detecting any secret doors behind him either.

The gas continues to slowly pour into the room, it has a vaguely burnt scent to it.


Qalim
Etu 32/37
Rayne
wraith 61/67
Warpac 52/73

Room stuff III.

Everybody is up!

The Exchange

Sorcerer 9 AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | HP (0)59/59| F +7 R +5 W +9 | Init +0, Perc +12 | Active Buff : See Invisibility

Qalim moves inside the room and avoid the carpets.

double move


The Gauntlet

Qalim, I don't see fly on your buff card. Did I miss something, it's a 30ft drop into the room.

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Since they're 30 feet high, I'm gonna need a lift from someone so I can disable them.

The Exchange

Sorcerer 9 AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | HP (0)59/59| F +7 R +5 W +9 | Init +0, Perc +12 | Active Buff : See Invisibility

Sorry, haven't remember that.

Qalim tries to jump Acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

He jumps only 10ft. before falling on the ground and getting up.

Falling Damages: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2) = 13

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

"That's good news. I'll wait for someone to bring Rayne then."

Warpac moves forward 5' and gives himself another helping of CLW.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

HP: 57

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

As Wraith was much stronger than Etu was, the Tengu would let her handle lifting and flying with Rayne. She moves out of blasting range, since Detect Magic has a range of 60ft, and casts that as per her last post.

Her Spellcraft from before was 23.


The Gauntlet

Qalim jumps down the 30 feet on to the nice soft acidic carpet.

acid damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 2) = 11
reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

11 acid damage, and not quite soft enough to break your fall.

Warpac continues to move forward slowly and heal himself.

Etu detects that there is indeed magic in front of her.
More rounds of concentrating will learn more.

Wraith looks down to Rayne and flies over. "I'll try."
Rayne: How much do you weigh after gear? If the answer is less than 190 wraith'll pick you up and carry you up this coming round, just pick where to.

The gas continues to billow forth from the various mouths, the burnt aroma is starting to grow stronger as your vision is further clouded.
no mechanical effects yet.

Qalim 50/59
Etu 32/37
Rayne
wraith 61/67
Warpac 57/73

Room stuff IV.

Everybody is up!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest 7 | HP: 71/73 | AC/FF/Tch: 29/25/16 26/24/12 | CMB: +11 9 (+4 on BR), CMD: +22 +20 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 11/5/10 (+2 hrdy) | Init: +1 (add additional +2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +10, Dip +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +6, SM +7, SpCft +6, Surv +7 | Active Conditions: Resist Fire 20, Bull's Strength (6 minutes), Shield of Faith (6 minutes)

Warpac creeps another cautions 5' while waiting for the others and casts another CLW on himself

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Now at 63 HP

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

I weigh a little more than that, but wraith should be able to carry me even at a medium load.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 37 | AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-Footed: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 (Low-Light Vision)[+17 near Cedrick], SM: +10 | Active Effects: Deathwatch (70 minutes), Magic Circle vs Evil (70 minutes) Tengu Evangelist Cleric

Etu will continue concentrating on her Detect Magic spell, hoping to gleam as much information as possible.


The Gauntlet

wraith has a strength of 16, which caps his heavy load at 230, he's got at least 35 pounds of gear, leaving only 195 to carry.

Etu: Counting up magic auras you suspect the faces each have a magical aura as well as the energy pillar.
Next round you can make know:arcana checks to identity the schools of magic.

Warpac heals himself as he heads forward slowly.

Unable to pick up Rayne wraith pulls out his own tools and flies up to the nearby red face.

fire damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 4) = 17
reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

The red beam flares out wide and burns wraith a bit as he starts working on the eyes with his tools.
rounds?: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Wraith shouts down, I think this one is going to go quickly.

device is complicated enough that it takes 2d4 rounds to disable. Disable checks will get rolled at the end.

Qalim 50/59
Etu 32/37
Rayne
wraith 53/67 (1/2)
Warpac 66/73
Room stuff IV.

Qalim and Rayne are up

Liberty's Edge

Human Slayer 9 - HP: 94/98 - AC 24 T:17 FF:18 - Perception +23(Trapspotter +27) Fort +12, Reflex +15, Will +8 (+2 vs Fear, +1 vs ongoing effects)

Realizing he can't do anything without help, Rayne bolts across the dangerous room.


The Gauntlet

Rayne heads back to the entrance.

Qalim dusts himself off and gets off the acidic carpet and catches up with Warpac.

Etu gets to round 3 of detect magic.

Each pair of face eyes radiates a faint aura, the green pillar at the end radiates a moderate aura. The carpet also radiates a faint aura.

3 know arcana checks for Etu

Know Arcana DC 17:

The carpet has a conjuration (creation) aura)

Know Arcana DC 18:

The Eyes have evocation auras, electricity and then cold.

Know Arcana DC 19:

The pillar has a conjuration (teleportation) aura

Wraith gets zapped by the pulsing aura again as he works on the eyes.

fire: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 1) = 17
reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Taking the full brunt of the blast.

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

He does however manage to finish closing the red eyes, causing the energy pulse between red and purple to stop.

Qalim 50/59
Etu 32/37
Rayne
wraith 36/67
Warpac 66/73
Room stuff V.

Qalim, Rayne and Warpac are up. (Etu has knowledge checks to make)

The fog is definitely getting thicker, anything beyond about 50ft now has concealment because of the haze.

51 to 100 of 378 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gauntlet Smackdown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.