Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Pirate 5-06 Have What you Hold PbP GD VI

Game Master Pirate Rob

As an act of retribution, an enemy of the society begins hiring river pirates to waylay Pathfinder boats bound for the crusader nation of Mendev. Unless the Pathfinders can track down the party responsible and put an end to their piracy, the raids may spell the doom of the society’s ambitions to the north.

Maps


151 to 200 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

Busy few days here too!

Zephyr watches the interchange between Searlas and Itra with a wry look, chewing a piece of grass, and merely chuckles at Shera and Daffy's contribution.

"Eyyy, yah, rather a mate live than an enemy bite it," she says with a clap on the back to the undine. "Ya did right by my lights, Shera.

"Now, as for sneakin.... I'm a decent soft-step, but I don't mind goin' in together if ya like."

If we want to try to scout, Zephyr is at a +15 stealth and has a semi-useful 30' ranged 'message' type ability, but in PBP scouting can be tedious as it means everyone else sits around while the GM and scout player post at each other. Happy to just stick together.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Ball is in your court. Estate isn't visible from the fork but should be within about half a mile. The ground is swampy but not impassible. You're welcome to approach however you like.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused
Zephyr wrote:
"Eyyy, yah, rather a mate live than an enemy bite it,"

Pun intended?

"Well Shera, I'm glad you acted as you did... especially because if that was me in the croc's jaws hopefully that means you'd do the same."

Thinking about the party's strengths Searlas gives a suggestion.

"How's about this... best of both worlds. If I were to hazard a guess, that halfling probably won't be slinking back to her masters having failed. With luck we'll have a bit of time to figure out what we're walking into. We can take their boat, pretend to be the hired force, and fish for whatever details we can possibly get. At the same time Zephyr can scout the area as long as she doesn't get too far away from us. If either of us runs into trouble, give a shout out and we'll converge and do things the old fashioned way. I have some degree of telepathy so I can hopefully figure out right away if they are on to us."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 5 [ HP 8/45 (0 NL) | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +3* | CMD 22* | Init +3 Perc +4 | Effects: bless, inspire courage ]

Itra nods at Searlas' plan, a slight smile of approval making its way onto her face. "Good plan," she opines.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Still makes me nervous, but I'm game."


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Have to go out unexpectedly, I'll get an update up late tonight. Also as a heads up I'm going to be travelling Wednesday-Saturday. I'll still manage to post, but likely no more than once a day.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 3 LG | Init +3 | Perception +7 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 21/21 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5

"I don't like separating us, but it makes sense. I may be able to help with your stealth. She touches Zephyr's hand and casts Touch of Law on her.

Touch of Law:
You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, infusing it with the power of divine order and allowing it to treat all attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round as if the natural d20 roll resulted in an 11. Gives you an automatic 26 to stealth on the first check.

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

"Works for me," Zephyr says cheerfully. "Ahh, I'll take any help ya got alright, ta, Shera!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"So... who wants to be on team 'liar' and who wants to be on team 'thief?'"

He raises his hand and says "Liars?"

He puts his hand down and then says "Thieves?"

Roll call for who is where when this starts. Daffy looks like he could go either way, I'm definitely more of a liar, Zephyr is definitely is geared towards scouting, the rest is up to whatever you feel more comfortable supporting.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Your captive mentions "When you get in view, wave a torch in a nice circle, then up and down 3 times. That should be helpful."

---

Heading that way on your stolen boat...

The narrow hidden branch of the West Sellen swells to a wide expanse, bordered on one side by a high, forested islet. The other side of the river has no bank, for the water seeps into the ground and creates a broad wetland out of what were once low-lying fields. Cattails and grasses push through the surface and continue off into the distance. Declaring where river ends and marsh begins would involve either lucky guesswork or a surveyor’s eye.

Straddling the border between river and swamp are the remains of a sumptuous house about 100 feet away. despite the facade’s once elegant style and trim, the place has seen better days.

The paint is faded and peeling, blending in so well with a growth of mold that the place may as well have been originally painted murky graygreen.

Vines and creepers are less overgrowing the place than they seem to be holding it together. Other parts of the building have fared less well, and toppled beams jutting from the swamp hint at other wings that didn’t survive the river’s encroachment.

Stilts and a narrow boardwalk support what little remains, and a
makeshift dock extends into the river proper.

---

You are currently on the stolen boat, dilapidated manor is about 100 feet away.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 5 [ HP 8/45 (0 NL) | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +3* | CMD 22* | Init +3 Perc +4 | Effects: bless, inspire courage ]

Scary liar. Hopefully intimidating instead of bluffing...

Itra grabs a torch and waves it in the prescribed manner at the proscribed manor, watching for sparks that might light the boat.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

Daffy eyes the water suspiciously, searching for signs of more crocodiles. "I don't mind gettin' wet, as long as there aren't any more crocs. I'll go with team thief, if Zephyr wants company."

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 3 LG | Init +3 | Perception +7 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 21/21 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5

"I'll go with team liar. I'm not very good a sneaking." She looks at the dilapidated house.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Does anyone else have a mental picture of a haunted plantation house in the middle of the swamps?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

I'm definitely hearing strains of Dueling Banjos...


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

There is a torch wave back from the manor house, so at least one person outside but visibility isn't great from this distance.

Just so I'm clear, who's where/doing what as you approach?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

I'm the face. Team liar!

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

Zephyr winks at Daffy. "Alright mate, suits me. Now, I've seen ya're a dab hand with the singin' and all-- got any tricks ta help our friends hear us as we go a-peekin' an' sneakin'?"

Zephyr is willing to try and circle the mansion with Daffy, stealthily, and get a sense of the layout-- entrances, that sort of thing-- as well as any possible guards or the like-- such as that torchwaver, and if any others are around.

I'll use Shela's touch of law for a 26 on the initial stealth when it matters.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Yeah, I could probably cook up a whispered word when the time comes, as long as we haven't strayed too far." Daffy will use message to relay team thief's scouting to team liar, as long as they're within 130 ft of us.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 3 LG | Init +3 | Perception +7 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 21/21 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5

Shera indicates that the boat should continue to the house slowly. "Let's see if that password worked." She has her bow at the ready.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

I think it must be me, but I'm totally unclear on what the plan is. Are you all approaching on the boat. Are some of you getting off?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

My understanding is that Zephyr and Daffy are going to scout ahead a little ways, off the boat, to relay what folks can expect to find when the boat gets there. Daffy is following Zephyr's lead, though, and she may have a more specific plan.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

My original plan was that the scouts would get off and skulk around to get some info, then we'd go to the mansion and see if we can convince the guard that we are most definitely allowed to be here. It was not a very well thought out plan.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 5 [ HP 8/45 (0 NL) | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +3* | CMD 22* | Init +3 Perc +4 | Effects: bless, inspire courage ]

Way I figure it, if the best-laid plans often go awry, we're probably better off with a not-best-laid plan... right?

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

Searlas waits a moment for Daffy and Zephyr to make a stealthy departure, then slowly brings the boat in towards the manor.

"Time to see if my silver tongue can keep them off of the scent for long enough..."

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

Yeah, my plan is pretty much what Daffy said. I was not entirely processing the whole 'got to get off the boat' to make that happen (I mean, I knew we'd have to get off the boat, but it wasn't clicking that we weren't already off the boat). It is also not a super detailed plan, haha. If the notion is that the dock is under surveillance and we might be spotted as we get off, then Zephyr and Daffy could maybe jump or swim to shore quietly? We both have darkvision, so just theoretically trying to approach unseen. My notion is: we get out, do a circle of the manor to size up any resistance, relay that to team liar and then sneak back close to them so that we're hidden backup reinforcements if things go wrong, I guess. Daffy's message spell as a walkie talkie.

Swim is +7 here, Acro +5, if it's relevant

"So we'll do a loop da loop and Daffy's magic'll whisper back to ya what we see before ya approach, aye?" Zephyr says to the others as she prepares to disembark.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Thanks, sorry I was having some much trouble following. The side branch here is shallow and slow enough that getting off the boat is fairly trivial. I'm also having a bit more trouble posting from the road than expected so my next update is going to have to wait until Sunday. That said I finally understand what's going on and should have some action for us then


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

GM Dice:
2d20 ⇒ (8, 12) = 20

Daffy and Zephy use the marshy cover to approach quietly and unseen.

They see a pair of sailors, lazily guarding the dock. As the boat gets within 80 feet however one of them points at the Pathfinders, who look quite a bit different than the pirates they sent out and shouts "Ring the alarm!"

Initiative:

Daffy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Searlas: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Itra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Zephyr: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Shera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
sailors: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Initiative - Surprise Round

Daffy
Zephyr

Itra
Shera
Sailors
Searlas
Boat

Saffy and Zephyr are up
Surprise round single actions only. Big red B box is the Bell. Boat moves forward a maximum of 20 feet per round.

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

"Nah, mate, don't do that," Zephyr mutters under her breath at the one calling out for the alarm to be rung. "Here, let me help shut ya up-- Daffy, ya made that fancy water thing earlier, can ya jam that bell somehow!"

I'll assume that the marshy terrain might not allow for a 5-ft step? If she can take a 5'ft, she'll take a 5-ft step to be within 30 of Black, and will add another +1/+1 due to PBS.

Arrow vs Black: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

no 5ft step in the swamp.

Zephyr's arrow flies out of the reeds, solidly striking the sailor, but not taking him down.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

"Maybe, but not until I get closer!" Ten more seconds and I'd have had a lot more options...

Daffy moves forward 15 ft (unless my swim speed makes moving through the swamp any easier)

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

With the guards just out of range for most of his spells, Searlas instead does what he can to close the gap as best he can.

"Well &#$%, guess lying can only get us so far..."

If I can use my action to move the boat closer to the dock faster I'll do that, otherwise I'll cast false life on myself.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Swim speed doesn't help in the swamp. 20 feet is as fast as the boat gets, luckily your boat captain is handling that.

Daffy gets closer as the boat goes forward as well.

Initiative

Daffy
Zephyr
Itra
Shera

Sailors
Searlas - Going to cast false life.
Boat

Daffy, Zephyr, Itra and Shera are up!

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

Zephyr slogs forward through the swamp, trying to ensure that Daffy isn't up there all by himself-- the blue-skinned musician had come so close to dying earlier after all. After a few sucking strides, she looses another arrow at the nearer pirate.

PBS, vs Black: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

False life HP: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

Daffy moves forward a few more feet, then begins to sing a flowing tune, evocative of lapping waves. The water nearest the bell rises up and flows around it, forming a solid water barrier between the bell and any aspiring ringer. I can manipulate a 5-ft cube of water, so 125 cubic feet. You can decide how thick a layer I can make, given how far the water has to stretch to get to the bell. It has hardness 1 and 3hp/inch of thickness.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Daffy summons a shell of water around the bell.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 5 [ HP 8/45 (0 NL) | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +3* | CMD 22* | Init +3 Perc +4 | Effects: bless, inspire courage ]

Itra draws her bow and fires a shot at the black-garbed guard.

Pew!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Shera joins Itra in firing at the guards.

longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Searlas misses the mark but Itra finishes dropping the black sailor.

The remaining sailor goes for the bell and tries to ring it but finds that it doesn't work too well under water, producing a single low strike, rather than a useful echoing ring.

I understand that the water can be as hard as ice but the imagine of the guy trying to ring the bell underwater was too much to resist.

Searlas casts false life and your boat gets closer.

Initiative

Daffy
Zephyr
Itra
Shera

Sailors
Searlas - Going to cast false life.
Boat

Daffy, Zephyr, Itra and Shera are up!

Silver Crusade

Female Human Fighter 5 [ HP 8/45 (0 NL) | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +3* | CMD 22* | Init +3 Perc +4 | Effects: bless, inspire courage ]

Itra shakes her head at the man's foolish behavior and launches another arrow in his direction.

Pew: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

The sailor cries out in pain as Itra hits him in the back with an arrow.

Initiative

Daffy
Zephyr

Itra
Shera
Sailors (-6)
Searlas
Boat

Daffy, Zephyr, and Shera are up!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

No worries, I'm always in favor of flavorful description. I always picture the creature from The Abyss anyway, and that's a lot closer to what you described.

♫ Beneath still waters
There's a strong undertow
The surface won't tell you
What the deep water knows ♫

Daffy maintains his song, keeping the bell shrouded in still waters. As he does so, he tries to catch the remaining foe's eye, working a hypnotic rhythm into his song. Casting daze, DC 13 Will negates.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The remaining sailor gets distracted by Daffy's magics.

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 3 LG | Init +3 | Perception +7 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 21/21 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5

Shera fires two arrows at the dazed pirate.

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Zephyr's arrow doesn't connect with the sailor while Shera is able to take out the remaining sailor.

Out of combat for now

Your boat is able to sail in the final distance without any further resistance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Psychic 5 | HP 34/27, | AC 11 (15), T 11, FF 10 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | CMD 12 | Perc +12 | Init +1
Resource Tracking:
Phrenic Points: 3/5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 6/8 Lvl 2: 4/6 | 2 GM * Reroll unused | Detect Thoughts unused

"Well... that was fast."

Searlas helps to moor the boat. "I suppose we should keep the pace before they come out and wonder what went on..."

He hops onto the dock and takes a quick inventory of the guard's equipment, then grabs their jackets, robes, or hats if they have them. "Quick disguise... will never fool them but might give us the few seconds we need to get the drop on them."

Grand Lodge

Sylph Ranger 4 | AC 19-T13-FF14 (21 vs ranged) | HP 32/32 | F+5, R+8, W+3 | Per +9, darkvision; Init +4

Zephyr gives Daffy a clap on the shoulder. "Good job, mate! That was quick an' neat as threadin' a needle."

She hurries to take the rope thrown from the boat and help moor off the others.

"So! Hopefully we still got surprise on our side, shall Daffy an' me go do a sneak around tha rosie?"

Grand Lodge

Female human (Varisian) cleric of Erastil 3 LG | Init +3 | Perception +7 AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | hp 21/21 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5

"That's a good idea. Let's see what you can find." Shera gives Daffy and Zephyr the Touch of Law to help their stealth.

Treat a roll as if you rolled an 11 on the D20 for the next round

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

Daffy is still smiling and humming the water song, though he has released the water column.

It worked! Twice, now! I wasn't sure the dancing water schtick would ever be more than a sideshow, but it worked!

"Sure, let's go. No sense hangin' around waiting to be discovered." My stealth modifier is +7, and I'll use the Touch of Law on the first stealth check for an 18.


Have what you Map || The Gauntlet

Gm Dice:
zeph stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
5d20 ⇒ (11, 8, 7, 19, 2) = 47

Zephyr and Daffy begin to make their way around the old manor house.

Coming from behind the closest door is the sound of several voices playing cards "Gin! ... Ay, not again ya lousy wag, that's three games in a row!"

They do not seem to have noticed the brief scuffle outside.

Peeking around the northern corner Zephyr sees what were once windows have long since been boarded up. The northeastern corner of the building once extended further north but has long since collapsed into the swamp leaving a once inner door to serve as an outside door near the north corner.

Peeking around the southern corner Daffy sees several boarded up windows as well as a thin wisp of smoke rising from a chimney in the south east corner.

What's next?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Undine Bard (Watersinger) 3 | HP: 21/21 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 (dark 60ft), SM: +9 | Speed 30ft, Swim 30ft. | Bardic Performance: 8/14 | Spells: 1st 2/4 | Active conditions: None.

Daffy moves along the southern edge a ways, peeking in gaps in the boarded windows if possible, continuing as quietly as he can to the next corner.

151 to 200 of 417 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Have what you Play GD VI [PFS] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.