Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Pint-Sized Kings (Inactive)

Game Master Count Buggula

Halflings need a kingdom of their own!


301 to 350 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Svetlana's eyes widen as most of Terri's burns disappear. "Does it still hurt? I have some ointment I was going to put on it to soothe the pain a little - I still can if you'd like."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Well, I felt about as useful as a wagon wheel on a horse's saddle Ekan says after having tried to help out putting out the fire, "Please, Lillith. Allow me to tend to your wounds with a bit of song magic. I know you can take care of yourself but let's spread the healing duties around and all that."

Unless she objects, he sings a bit of a ditty and heals her wounds.

Cure Light Wounds": 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

To Svetlana, he smiles, "Thank you for your generous natures."

Shadow Lodge

"Thank you, Ekan." Lillith says as the arrow wound closes. "Between the two of us things shouldn't be too bad. Add in the generous care of Svetlana and I think we'll do fine."

I keep wondering if you'll evolve into an Arbok...


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan tips his hat, "You're most welcome." He makes sure sleeping beauty there is tied up, but asks all "Is anyone else in need of healing?" Oh there will be songs in this by the end of of it, I just know it.

I had to google that. Now I have a picture of him singing 'jigglypuff' or some such for his spells ;)


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

Muroi doesn´t know what to tell. He is speechless. Look around whats going on with his friends and then, starts to look at the sky with nothing in his mind.

Coming back to Golarion and looking at the owners of this beautifull place "Thanks for your hospitality"

Then he turns to his friends "Ok, now that everybody is fine, we should start to look for info and plan our expedition, taking this beautiful place as our base of operations. What do you think?

"Oleg, do you think we could negociate the goods and weapons of this bandits, we need to pay an expedition. Also, we can use all the information you have about this lands."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri's eyes widen in surprise as her skin returns to its normal fairness and smoothness.

"Thanks. I wish we really were sisters, I could not have asked for a better one."

GM Buggula wrote:
Svetlana's eyes widen as most of Terri's burns disappear. "Does it still hurt? I have some ointment I was going to put on it to soothe the pain a little - I still can if you'd like."

"Only my pride." Terri answers, gesturing to indicate her still ruined hair.

"Best be getting it done with." Sweeping her arm wide to point to where Svetlana was leading.


Terri disappears in the main house for a few moments with Svetlana. When she returns her black hair has been cropped to her shoulders, but you can tell the woman spent considerable effort making it still look feminine.

Terri:
While inside, Svetlana was almost in tears as she cut away your once beautiful locks. She kept apologizing and the way she repeated "It'll grow back..." made you think it was more for her sake than yours.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

GM:

Terri almost breaks down when Svetlana kept apologizing.

"A couple of feet of hair for two lives is a trade I'd make any day. Who knows?" Terri gives a weak laugh, "I may like it short."

Terri keeps ruffling her short hair, especially since the last time it was this short, she was barely weaned.
"Well, do I look different?"


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip turns his head to one side and then the other, considering. Finally, he says, "Nope, you look like Terri to me."

Shadow Lodge

"I think it looks nice. Easier to manage at any rate."


male halfling druid

Odo enters the room after staying outside thinking of things to come. He didn't dislike the reward but last time was really close and now Terri was almost burnt to a chrisp.

He enters the room at first with his head down then seeing Terri's new look he says:"Oh, now you have less things to worry about at the next encounter with the bandits. Be more careful next time, ok?" He moves next to Muroi and whispers to him: How much you think we'll get on these weapons? You know, I've though... as long as the leader remains these bandits will always be a threat, what we did here was just postponing their actions.


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)
Terri Riverrun wrote:


Terri keeps ruffling her short hair, especially since the last time it was this short, she was barely weaned.
"Well, do I look different?"

Ekan observes, "A fellow once told me that a forest may look a bit different by dawn than it does highsun, but it remains magical all the same."

Quote:
He enters the room at first with his head down then seeing Terri's new look he says:"Oh, now you have less things to worry about at the next encounter with the bandits. Be more careful next time, ok?" He moves next to Muroi and whispers to him: How much you think we'll get on these weapons? You know, I've though... as long as the leader remains these bandits will always be a threat, what we did here was just postponing their actions.]

Ekan nods with vigor, "Agreed. We need the bandit leader or he'll just rebuild his losses and plague the land anew."


Muroi wrote:

"Oleg, do you think we could negociate the goods and weapons of this bandits, we need to pay an expedition. Also, we can use all the information you have about this lands."

Oleg looks amused. "Sure, I'll trade for them. As for the lands round-about, there isn't much here. There's an old hermit, Bokken, lives a bit south-east of here. South-west are the Kamelands - mostly grassy hills. Heard there may be some kobold or such vermin living out there. To the west is the Narlmarches. Pretty thick forest. We've got some trappers who make a pretty good haul in there from time to time. Other than that, not a whole lot to tell."

The hooded man had a bottle of alchemists fire, leather armor, a dagger, composite longbow (+2 str) with 20 arrows, 2 days of trail rations, a silver amulet in the shape of a stag's skull, and 35gp. Each of the other bandits wear leather armor and have a longbow with 20 arrows, a short sword, 2 days of trail rations, and 10 gp. There are 2 of these that are dead and you haven't decided what you're doing with the remaining bound man.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

Muroi listens attentively to Odo "I don´t know yet, but I´ll negociate with Oleg. We need money to our expedition. I want to visit the bandits camp too, but first we need to recover us and find them."

Muroi picks up the goods and weapons from the bandits and put them on the floor to cast detect magic.

Looking at the face of his friends and concerned for the bandits camp "We should take it easy. We need to be ready for anything and to prepare this place for a possible attack in the future, but also, we have a mission. I hope to find their camp soon and while we accomplish our duty. We need weapons and equipment. Does someone need something from here? Otherwise, we should negociate this with Oleg. I will keep this amulet, I think we could find info about the bandits with it. Thinking about the alive bandit, we should take him as a prisoner until the guard from Brevoy arrives."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Well, maybe we should question the prisoner as well? He might know something useful."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"We should probably hold onto that alchemist's fire, it makes my goblin self happy, and it's not only fun, but also useful. Does the amulet do anything, or does it just get its owner chopped in half?"

"Interrogation? Is that what you call it when we roast them over the fire but don't gag them first?"


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri looks at Nazdip, her expression one of horror.

"N-no, it's where you ask them questions that they might have answers to."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip looks confused. "Yeah, but if you gag them, you can't hear the answers."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan blinks at Nazdip's commentary, then gets an idea, "You go on about what you know of 'interrogation, Nazdip. I'll start talking to this fellow while you do."

Double checking the ropes that tie the bandit up, (ANd makings sure the fellow is ungagged) he'll then shake the bandit awake, "Wake up, you. We have questions, and given that we have a writ allowing for the hanging of bandits such as yourself, you might want to answer true. My friend here has esssentially pointed out you can learn more with a skin scorching hot fire and a smile than you can just a smile so let me know if you feel stubborn and we can heat up the coals. If I were you, I'd encourage us using just the smile."

Intimidation is not his thing so maybe others will add in, but...
Intimidate": 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip thinks back to his younger days, seemingly oblivious. "Well, often lunch didn't want to tell the Mosspukers what they wanted to know, so they would cook them slow. I never saw a lunch who didn't talk before they died."


Sorry guys, for some reason it didn't register that you were waiting on me.

The man looks terrified. "J-it's just a job! I didn't mean nothin' by it!" He gestures towards the hooded man lying dead on the ground, "Happs was the one in charge - gave us all a share."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"And who did Happs answer to? if any? " Ekan says eyes narrowing.


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Did you have a camp? If not, do you know where Happs lived?"


"He - he brought us to a camp off the Thorn River. 'Bout a day's ride southwest of here? Gave us work - kept us fed. There's a handful of others at the camp - hard to say how many, always coming and going. Kressle's in charge," he motions again to the dead hooded man "he an' her had somethin' going on, if you get my meaning. I s'pect she won't be pleased...please...what are you going to do to me?"


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Oleg, what is the usual treatment of captured bandits out here? Do you have a room we could use as a cell until we have time to transport him to a jail, if that's what's done?"

To the other halflings, "It sounds like we've found our first mess to clean up out here. Anyone else up for a bit of fun, if we can get solid directions from this one?"


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"No jail, This one'll lead us to the camp or he'll die here."

Terri's eyes are hard and show none of the sparkle that they normally had.


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan looks startled at Terri's sudden change. Perhaps she's putting on an act like I was? Or perhaps she's very angry about her hair?


Oleg grunts. "Well, we ain't had any occasion to have to do anything with any living bandits before. I'd just as soon string his carcass up on the palisade wall as a warning to other bandits."

Shadow Lodge

"That could only make things worse, driving the bandits to extremes in anger over the treatment of their fellow." Lillith says as she watches Terri with interest. That fire seemed to done more than burn her. "One of them had alchemist's fire. The rest might as well, and you could wake up to your trading post burning to the ground."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"I don´t feel confident to attack the bandit´s camp right now, We don´t know how many are they and what do they have to protect them? I propose to learn more about the area before an attack. The bandit can be our prisoner here, if Oleg doesn´t have a problem." Muroi says it while everybody is talking about the bandit.

"Oleg we will keep many goods from the bandits, but we can negociate many other, if you are interested. We can sell 4 leather armors, 1 dagger, 1 composite longbow (+2 str), 80 arrows, 3 long bow, 3 short swords. How much do you give us?

"Friends, who wants to take the bottle of alchemists fire? We also have an amulet, 8 days of trail rations that I will put into the saddlebags of shadow, if you don´t have any problem. Also we get 65 gp."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Well, I believe our charter would give us the authority to hang the villain if we felt it just, but holding him might be better. I think Oleg and his lovely wife should receive some sort of pay though, if they're to be jailors to the man until guards arrive."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"No. Jail." Terri says through gritted teeth.
"He either talks and takes us to this camp, or he dies watching his lifeblood spill from his veins." She draws a dagger and points it at the bandit, "and that's more than he deserves." Terri looks the bandit in the eyes, "After all, you wouldn't even give us a choice if the situation had gone the other way."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"I'm content to go along with whatever you all decide. This amulet though - can anyone tell if it's magical?"


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"I used magic to determine if it is magic, but it didn´t shine. So it isn´t."


male halfling druid

Odo sights and moves closer to the interogated bandit. "Terri, please stop. I know he is a bandit scum but killing him right now will not solve anything. " Odo said trying to put himself in the prisoner's position,for some reason it was easier then expected. He then looks at Ekan and gives another sigh before continuing. "But given the current circumstances I'm inclined to believe we can't leave him here. As for that thing you are holding Muroi, I would not even want to touch that ."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri looks as if she's about to launch herself at Odo. She trembles in rage and launches the dagger towards the bandit. It doesn't hit the man, but buries itself about an inch into the dirt in front of the bandit.

With out saying a word she storms off and climbs the ladder up to the catwalk around the palisade. She finds a perch on one of the catapults and just sits there.

Shadow Lodge

Watching her sister storm off, Lillith takes a moment and decides to follow her.

"It's strange the way bandits are treated sometimes, isn't it?" She asks quietly.


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

Ekan looks back at the other gents as Lillith goes to talk to Terri, "Gents, please tell me I'm not the only one profoundly confused? I'd hate to be alone."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri doesn't move even though she knows Lillith is standing just a few feet away, she just keeps looking off into the distance for another minute before saying anything.

"Thirteen. I was thirteen when I killed somebody for the first time."

Terri begins to shake again, but this time it's from trying to hold back the sobs that threaten to overwhelm her.

"My parents had just died and I was alone, scared. I didn't know any better, so I fell in among thieves and cut-throats. They-*hic*-they wanted to 'initiate' me. They wanted to see if I had the stomach to kill someone."

Silence falls as Terri tries to blink away the tears and keep the dam that's holding back the pain.

"It was an old shopkeeper. He had a grand-daughter. They said that if I didn't kill him, they'd make me watch while they had their 'fun' with the girl before killing them both. Then, they'd do the same to me."

Tears flow down Terri's cheeks now. Her voice becomes very, very soft.

"I-I was scared. I was even more scared when I noticed how easy it was to slip the knife in between the old man's ribs."

She buries her head into her arms and starts crying in earnest.

"I hated them for that."

Shadow Lodge

Lillith moves closer and wraps her arms around Terri.

"Many things become easy when your life is on the line." She says. "You forget your past, care little about those you meet, trick innocent people to their deaths so you can take whatever they have."

"You are not a bad person, Terri, just one given bad options. Hate them for it if you will, but they have won if you can't let it go. Are you still stuck with them or are you here, working to make the Greenbelt safe from cut-throats and thieves so that people like Oleg and Svetlana can raise any children they might have without fear?"


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri just buries head into Lillith's shoulder and cries until the tears no longer come.

"I haven't had a friend in twelve years. Figures the first one I get winds up being far wiser than I."

Terri chuckles a little.

"Sorry about that." she says as she wipes the tears from her eyes. "It's been so long since I haven't been fearing for my life I think I've forgotten how to laugh and forgive."

Terri sits back upright and watches nothing in particular.

"Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to be a cloud?" she asks suddenly after a few moments.

Shadow Lodge

Lillith smiled. Terri wasn't a bad person. She didn't lure caravan after caravan into ambushes or talk to a creepy doll every morning. She definitely didn't worship Asmodeus.

"I'm not that wise." Lillith says, releasing Terri. "As for being a cloud, I've tried not to. That's a bit to high up for my liking."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"Then I suppose you wouldn't want to be a star, either?" Terri laughs a little. She's still smiling when the continues, but it's a sad one.

"I often did. I wondered what it'd be like to talk to the stars. To just float away, and not have to worry about bandits, thieves, or whether I would live to see tomorrow, or if I'd even want to. Sometimes I thought it'd be great to just float away."


I'm just gonna leave this here.

Carry on

Shadow Lodge

"I wanted to forget everything once, and now I can only remember bits and pieces of my past in Cheliax. Sometimes getting what you want is not a good thing, you know? But that is in the past, isn't it? Nothing we can do about it now except move forward."

"Though a bunch of ex-bandits making the Greenbelt safe from bandits is slightly strange."


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

While the ladies talk out of earshot, Ekan plays some soft music. It helps him think.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"True, the two of us and Nazdip are certainly an odd group. A halfling goblin!" Terri starts to laugh hard enough that she looks like she might fall off her perch onto the platform below. It seems that the dark clouds have passed, and Terri is back to her normal oddly charming self.


Are we waiting on me? I think we've still yet to determine the fate of the bandit.


male halfling druid

Odo looks up the window at the two girls chatting: "Hey guys, good news! I think Lilith is not going to get killed today.Though I would not go outside just yet, the other one seams to be laughing madly."

He moves away from the window and closer to the source of the music. " You see, this is one of the reasons I live in the woods, much safer I say, much safer. Now all that remains is what should we do with this poor guy. One throw of a coin can solve this. Heads he gets to stay here, tails, he will come with us. What say you?"


Male Human Monk-2 (HP: 19/19; AC 16, 16t, 13ff; F+5,R+5,W+6)

"Odd but It appeals to me, and letting chance decide might settle it entirely."

301 to 350 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pint-Sized Kings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.