Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Pint-Sized Kings (Inactive)

Game Master Count Buggula

Halflings need a kingdom of their own!


151 to 200 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20
Ekan Waterfield wrote:
Terri Riverrun wrote:


When Ekan asks to tend to her wounds, all pretenses of calmness fly as she answers.

"Y-yes, it was. I-I would be grateful for t-that."

Her face turns bright red as she stutters over the words and seems to shrink as she finishes.

Ekan says nothing about the stutters, just smiling gently and trying not to startle her as he puts his hand on hers softly, and again sings that same tune.

Cure Light Wounds": 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Then he withdraws his hand still smiling, "Hope that helped."

"T-thank you. It did."

Terri manages to get more control over her voice, but her face still flushed a little more when Ekan lays his hands on her. She doesn't seem to hear what the others are saying after that.

Get a hold on yourself! He's not like the others you've meet. He is just kind and gentlemanly. He doesn't want that. He's different. Gods I hope he's different.
Woot Terri's back upto 4 hp!


The Lord gives a tight smile. "The fifty gold pieces I'm offering are both as an award to last night's heroics and to prepare for exploration south. If you need to procure additional supplies I suggest the general store yonder," he says, pointing a few buildings down from the tavern. "You may also want to procure mounts at the stables, if you don't have them already."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"It seems like we all are going to the south. I´ll go to sell these things, and then I will come back with the money to see what we can buy." Muroi says so while he starts to move to the general store.

If no one stops him, he will go to negociate it to start moving into the mission

Stuff to sell:

  • 1 studded leather armor
  • 1 small sized sickle
  • 2 daggers
  • 2 leather armor
  • 1 greatclub
  • 1 handaxe
  • 1 shortbow


Male Human Monk

Is it safe to assume Ekan has a pony or something from accompanying the Lord already?

"I hope you good folks won't mind if I come along with you? I have recently left service and ... well, I need something to take my mind off things, something worth doing and worth doing well."


male halfling druid
Nazdip Stinkblade wrote:


"As for Lord Javoki's offer...I have been sent here to learn how to be civilized, it seems a noble group of halflings doing good work is just who I need to be with. The constable would be proud of me with these companions."

Odo's eyebrows suddenly lifted when he heard Nazdip's reason but said nothing, afraid not to insult the other halfling. After seeing what Nazdip was capable of, he sure didn't want to get on his bad side. He smiled at the irony, one was sent to learn to be civilized, and the other to be as far away from the temptations of the civilized world.

Using his last remaining healing powers he tried to heal his leg and after assuring he was presentable he spoke to the lord:"I thank you for fine offer and reward. I shall use it wisely... maybe on a mount that will not panic if we attacked once again by bandits. "

He turns to Ekan, I have nothing against sharing the road with you. You seam like a fine lad. Odo waits until the conversation is over then goes to find a pony he could use for the journey ahead.

cure light wounds1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Are there any combat trained mounts in this village?


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

With a warm smile, Muroi enters into the general store. "Good morning, I have many weapons and armor you could be interested." Muroi shows what he has for sale.


Male Human Monk
Quote:

Using his last remaining healing powers he tried to heal his leg and after assuring he was presentable he spoke to the lord:"I thank you for fine offer and reward. I shall use it wisely... maybe on a mount that will not panic if we attacked once again by bandits. "

He turns to Ekan, I have nothing against sharing the road with you. You seam like a fine lad. Odo waits until the conversation is over then goes to find a pony he could use for the journey ahead.

"Thank ye, kindly," Ekan says in response, hoping the others share that view.

I might be able to afford a mount, but it'll take most of my severance. Well, they won't let me around if I slow them down..in for a penny, in for a pound.


After a bit of negotiating and haggling, the shopkeeper hands Muroi a bag with 50gp for the whole lot "Since ya helped the town out last night."

Lord Ladovka looks pleased as each pledges to the cause. He produces several sheets of parchment and hands one to each of you. They read:

Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne.

He places another sheet in front of you "please sign your names here for receipt of your 50 gold." As each of you takes a turn to sign, he hands you a small heavy pouch and continues giving instruction "You are to travel without delay to Oleg's Trading Post, which lies some 40 miles west of Restov, down the South Rostland Road. From there you may set off to explore as you wish. Be well prepared, as Oleg's is a long ways from civilization. I wish you all luck in your journey and your task."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip beckons Terri aside. "Terri...can you tell me how to spell Stinkblade? I don't know how much you know about Goblins, but they're not too keen on the written word, and this actually hasn't ever come up before."

With the money and what he still had in his pocket, Nazdip buys a combat trained pony (45gp) and a riding kit (16gp) composed of:
bit and bridle
saddle
saddlebags
2 days of food for mount

He also buys 20 servings of wandermeal (2sp) and 4 servings of trail rations (2gp).


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

In the general store: "Thank you good sir, I´ll come back for supplies".

Muroi comes back to the group and says "Ok, we got 50 gp to buy stuff and supplies. We should think about what we need and buy it here."

To the Lord: "Thank you sir" Muroi signs and takes the pouch.

With his money, Muroi buys a combat trained pony (45gp)and a riding kit (16gp). Same as Nazdip.

He also buys 4 servings of trail rations (2gp).

It is a beautiful female Pony, the right half is color white and the left half is gray. Muroi selects this pony in honor to his deity. Muroi calls it shadow.


Male Human Monk
Quote:
He places another sheet in front of you "please sign your names here for receipt of your 50 gold." As each of you takes a turn to sign, he hands you a small heavy pouch and continues giving instruction "You are to travel without delay to Oleg's Trading Post, which lies some 40 miles west of Restov, down the South Rostland Road. From there you may set off to explore as you wish. Be well prepared, as Oleg's is a long ways from civilization. I wish you all luck in your journey and your task."

"An honor, Lord," he signs it with a smile before withdrawing to make his own purchases.

Quote:

With his money, Muroi buys a combat trained pony (45gp)and a riding kit (16gp). Same as Nazdip.

He also buys 4 servings of trail rations (2gp).

This looks good to me, as well. He'll also buy four more sheets of parchment(8sp)

Ekan isn't sure what he's going to be facing, but being bucked off a pony in a panic isn't his idea of a grand adventure. His own a dapple gray he names Dancer. It isn't particularly suited to the name, but in later years, the name will sound better when he tells the tale.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri signs the parchment and takes the pouch without commit, or even looking at anything but the lord's shoes. At least he didn't mention how young I look.

With her newfound wealth she sets off to equip herself for the journey ahead.

Will post what Terri got later, I'm not on the right partition to get that done.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri bought a black pony with a white mark on her head, and named her Starlight. She also got 6 more days worth of trail rations, 9 days worth of feed, a saddle, saddlebags, a bit and bridle, and 5 more waterskins, which she made sure were filled with fresh water.

She walks the pony back to the inn holding five copper coins, all the money she had left.

"Well, easy come, easy go."

Pocketing the coins she looks for the stable boy to help her take care of the pony.


male halfling druid

Odo receives the money counts them once or twice and puts the purse of gold quickly under his shirt; then after thanking the lord he heads to the stable. Arriving there he saw that it was more crowded then he was expecting. He sights while seeing all the good ponies being picked up, and regrets not coming sooner or not selecting a spell to talk to animals for that day. He goes to the end of the stable where he saw a pony half asleep. Not sure of what to do , Odo picked it and named it Drowsy.

Since ridding kits and combat trained ponies are so popular I'm going to also get one.


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

Muroi comes walking from the stable, guiding his pony and ties it to a tree close to the general store. He rises his right hand and makes a sign to his friends calling them. When they are close to him, says "My friends, I´ll buy a medium tent, a compass, and a map maker´s kit with the money we earn fairly by fighting the bandits. I´m sure we will use it during our exploring mission."

Then, Murois walks into the general store "Hi again" he smiles "Do you have a medium tent, a compass, and a map maker´s kit? How much is it?


Male Human Monk

"Most kind of you, that could be quite useful." Ekan says to Muroi.


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Sounds like a plan Muroi. Then we can hit the road."

Nazdip takes a few tenative laps around the village square, getting used to being up high.

Shadow Lodge

Going into the stables, Lillith looks around for a decent enough horse, eventually settling on a dark gray mare.

"Hello, Lady Night." She says to the pony. She seemed a sensible enough creature, and didn't seemed to mind Lillith at all. The witch had a mount now.

Combat("sensible") trained pony, riding saddle, bit and bridle. Total GP Spent: 57. GP left: 19


male halfling druid

"A compass and a map maker 's kit I can understand, but a tent?We'll miss all the fun on finding a place to sleep!" He sights and remembers that actually the others have done a lot more than him in the last fight. "It's ok... I guess."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"Well Odo, if we both sleep outside, then they will actually have enough room to sleep in the tent."

Turning to face the road, "Well, if everyone's all set, we should probably go ahead and get going."


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"Sounds good to me."

Terri and Starlight walk up to the rest of the group. She still seems a little stiff from her injuries, but a lot better than this morning.

Shadow Lodge

"We're not staying for lunch?" Lillith asks as she leads Lady Night back tot he group. "I guess we'll just have to see about a hearty dinner at this Oleg's place then."


"We did save their granary, maybe we can talk them into packing us a picnic?"


Apparently finished with his business with you, the lord turns back to his discussions with the mayor. The street is starting to fill up with the busy day-to-day traffic of merchants, vendors, and villagers. They seem completely unaware that anything had happened the previous night, either forgetting the threat entirely or their minds at ease with the visible presence of soldiers to protect them.


Male Human Monk

Ekan takes a deep breath, the noble behind him, his fellow halflings before and beside. There's a song in this image somewhere...

Adding his two copper, he speaks up, "Ready when you are."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

Muroi pays 35 gp, takes the stuff and leaves the general shop. "Thank you. Have a good day."

Puts his right hand on the head of Shadow. "You are a good girl, aren´t you? Are you ready? We will have a long trip." Then, he puts the stuff into the saddlebags and the money into the pouch. "Friends, we still have 15 gp. Let´s go, It´s time to start this new adventure."

When they are on their way. "Does someone know how to use the compass?"
Does someone have survival skills?


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Odo has a +9 to survival.

Terri shakes her head and her expression drops as she remembers some of the more unpleasant things from her past.

"I'm afraid that avoiding people who would think nothing of raping a child left me little time to learn things like that."

She lets the others figure out the implications for themselves.


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

"I'm good at wandering around in the woods aimlessly and eating what I find, but not such organized things."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

"Sorry Terri, I didn´t want to bring back that horrible images to your mind... Sorry."

"It´s ok, Nazdip. I hope someone can use the compass. I can´t by myself, I could draw a map, but I can´t realize where the North is."


Male Human Monk

"I thought the darn things pointed the same way all the time and did the work for yo..."

Terri Riverrun wrote:

Odo has a +9 to survival.

Terri shakes her head and her expression drops as she remembers some of the more unpleasant things from her past.

"I'm afraid that avoiding people who would think nothing of raping a child left me little time to learn things like that."

She lets the others figure out the implications for themselves.

Ekan cuts in midsentence, nearly choking as the possible implications strike him. A look of shock, then anger passes his features, before he schools it back to a facade of calm.


male halfling druid

Odo didn't say nothing to Terry but instead looked at Muroi. "And you had to buy one single tent. And tools you don't fully understand." He
grabs the compass. "Give me that." He points to the south-west and starts riding in that direction.

After a time he approaches Muroi again and says to him: "Ahh, listen, I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just, that... Up until now I didn't share a lot of things with others, especially money, and with Terri's story I lost my head. He moves his mount away once again feeling embarrassed, riding side by side with Nazdip. Something about him made him feel like home. He then glanced at Ekan and was happy to be riding with a bard at times like this.


male halfling druid

Roll not to get to the other side of the world1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Lillith mounts Lady Night and maneuvers her(with some difficulty) over to Terri.

Terri:

"I'm sorry I could not have been there for you, sister. I use make-up and fake body language to make myself appear to be a child, but it seems you do not have that luxury. If you like, I can try to help look older, or at least try and teach you some magic to defend yourself with."


Male Human Monk

Taking Odo's lead, Ekan rides southwest as well, "I must admit, I've never traveled with so many fellow halflings before... least wise when none of them were kin to me."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1
Odo Tealeaf wrote:
Odo didn't say nothing to Terri but instead looked at Muroi. "And you had to buy one single tent. And tools you don't fully understand." He grabs the compass. "Give me that." He points to the south-west and starts riding in that direction.

"Take it easy, Odo. I bought it thinking in the group."

Odo Tealeaf wrote:
After a time he approaches Muroi again and says to him: "Ahh, listen, I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just, that... Up until now I didn't share a lot of things with others, especially money, and with Terri's story I lost my head. He moves his mount away once again feeling embarrassed, riding side by side with Nazdip. Something about him made him feel like home. He then glanced at Ekan and was happy to be riding with a bard at times like this.

"It´s ok."

Muroi follows the group, moving next to Lillith. He appreciates everything that surrounds him. It´s the first time he rides a pony and travels to south.


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri cheers up a little at Lillith's offer.

Lillith:

"Thank you, and I should be the one apologizing for letting my gloominess get to other people. They were wicked men, and I think you noticed how flustered I was when Ekan was acting like a gentleman to me. It's not something I'm used to, and I had to keep myself from running and hiding when I saw all of the guards."

Terri closes her eyes and visibly shakes off the gloom that had started to cling to her.

"So, who's this lovely pony?" she asks indicating the pony that Lillith is riding.

Shadow Lodge

Terri:
"Terri, any gloominess you have doesn't bother me at all, rest assured."

"Lady Night.She reminds me a night I saw where the colors of the sun setting didn't show, and the day faded away slowly. What about your own lovely pony?"


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

"Starlight, I named her Starlight." Terri says as she strokes the pony's neck.

"The white patch on her head looked like a star, so..." Terri smiles and shrugs, seeming a little embarrassed that her reasoning doesn't help her child-like appearance at all.

Shadow Lodge

"It's a fine name. Easier to explain than Lady Night's by far."


The road to Oleg's is easy and well traveled. During the few days travel the bonds formed between you the night of the granary attack solidify into genuine comradery and trust. As dusk sets, you finally come over a rise and lay your eyes on the Trading Post. Looking more like a fortress than a store, the post is surrounded by a wooden palisade that stands at least 10 feet high. At each corner of the palisade are square watchtowers twice the height of the walls. The only entrance is a 30-foot-wide wooden gate - as you pass through you find buildings on your left and right, with a large open area in front of you. Two tables are set up near the fire pit displaying a wide variety of wares.

Map of Oleg's


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip hops off Stinky, and stretches his short legs, stiff from all this riding he's not used to. "Well, it seems this must be the place. Do we want to ask where the last reports of bandits were, and go have some fun, or find out if they have guest rooms?"


Male Human Monk

Ekan also slides off his pony, his own rear a bit sore from all the traveling, "I suggest we have a chat about any banditry, offer our help...and maybe get some fresh food in our bellies if possible. I'm tired of rations, not sure about the rest of you."

He calls out, "Good folks? Anyone here?"

Shadow Lodge

Lillith sighs in relief when she sees Olegs for two reasons. One, she agreed with Ekan about being tired of rations and two, she was afraid this was a place she'd pulled the "Help the little girl" trick on. It wasn't.

"Good food and hot water are going to feel like a godsend."


Male Halfling Sorcerer (Starsoul) 1

While Muroi is getting off the pony "I like your idea Ekan, probably they have good hot chocolate." Then he turns to Shadow and touching her head "Good job."


An attractive woman suddenly bursts out of one of the buildings and exclaims "Oh my! You've arrived! Shorter than I expected, but please come, sit and relax, I've prepared a meal for you." She disappears for just a moment and then just as quickly reappears and starts setting plates and mugs on a clear table. Before you know it the table is covered with a pot of stew, bread, and an bottle of wine. She calls out again "Oleg, where are you? They've arrived!"


HP: 8/8 NL: 0 | AC 17/14/13 | F +0, R +6, W+1 | Per:+5, Init: +4 | Arrows: 35, B. Arrows: 20

Terri looks at Lillith then her own travel stained clothes.

"A hot meal and a hot bath would be nice, but I've got five coppers to my name."


Barbarian (Titan Mauler)

Nazdip starts to make a nasty response about the short line, but loses his train of thought as the smell of real food hits his nose. "Shor...uh...meal, right. She has prepared a meal for us. Why does that keep happening? It's very distracting."

I could get used to this civilization thing, people keep making me food...

Shadow Lodge

"It seems we're getting a meal today whether you have coppers of gold." Lillith replies. Then she smiles. "Considering how some of us are smelling after two days... I'll pay for the baths myself if I have too."


Male Human Monk

"You are Oleg's good wife then, I presume?" Ekan tips his hat, and then overhearing, thinks of asking, "Pleased to meet you, I'm Ekan Waterfield. I apologize for being a burden, but would this good place have somewhere we could wash up or even arrange a bath?"
a nod to Terri and Lilith , "Ladies first, if they so choose."

Quote:
"Shor...uh...meal, right. She has prepared a meal for us. Why does that keep happening? It's very distracting."

"It's a distraction that I rather enjoy myself." Ekan smiles.


With a surprised look on her face, the woman replies "Oh, my! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Svetlana Leveton, behind you on the roof is my husband, Oleg." Turning, you see a sweaty and gruff-looking man busily repairing a leak on the roof. He waves and calls out "Be down in a minute."

"I was told you were coming" she says. "Praise Shelyn, you're not too late!" She smiles warmly, "Please, do eat!"

After Ekan's comment, she frowns a bit. "I'm afraid we don't have such pleasantries here. We get our fresh water from a stream not far out beyond the palisade - you're welcome to borrow a washbasin to go freshen up if you'd like, but that water's mighty cold, and I wouldn't want you to catch chill."

151 to 200 of 444 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Pint-Sized Kings All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.