Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Perils of Crescent Harbor

Game Master Profession Smith 6 ranks

Pirate-themed adventures in and around Port Peril.


2,351 to 2,381 of 2,381 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (7/12) lethal, (10)non lethal / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

DM as per the rules of intimidation, could i demoralize the frogs by being scary?


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map
Vincent Cahaihnes wrote:
DM as per the rules of intimidation, could i demoralize the frogs by being scary?

Yes, but the rules state that you'd have to be within 30 feet of the target, and you're currently not.


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (7/12) lethal, (10)non lethal / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /
GM piratey steve wrote:
"Yes, but the rules state that you'd have to be within 30 feet of the target, and you're currently not."

vincent will look at the quicksand and for a moment, just a moment really, he'll think about trying to cross it before reminding himself that dying by drydrowing wont help anyone.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Tyrannical tadpole turds!!! Aghon screams as he watches his friend being harmed outside the range of his healing magic. Eat crossbow bolts you friggen frogs!!!

Ranged Attack with IC: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage with IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Still attacking #1, as it is the easiest to strike. Also, I forgot to add the +1 damage from Jarvis' Inspire Courage to my last attack, so, could we maybe add it to this one and make the damage from this attack 5?


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map
Aghon wrote:
Also, I forgot to add the +1 damage from Jarvis' Inspire Courage to my last attack, so, could we maybe add it to this one and make the damage from this attack 5?[/ooc]

I caught that and added it into the damage. NOTE TO ALL: Remember to add in the attack roll penalties while grappled and for firing into melee and/or cover provided by allies, the bonuses for Jarvis's Inspire Courage and magic enhancements to shortswords, etc. 1 missed point of damage can make a difference (and almost did in this case)!

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

Jordan desperately stabs his blade into his attacker's chest, causing quite a bit of damage; a moment later, Aghon's crossbow bolt thuds into its side, and the giant amphibian falls to the ground in its death throes, realeasing Jordan in the process (Jordan is no longer grappled).

Jarvis and Vincent can still act this round; Jarvis: remember the electricity boon Vincent cast on your crossbow bolt, should you score a hit against AC 12.


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

Jarvis winds up and sends a bolt out at the other frog, his voice still crooning.

Xbow attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 1
Xbow damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

Well, that was a horrid shot.
BP: 6/10. IC up


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (7/12) lethal, (10)non lethal / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

vincent will cast thunderstaff on Jarvis's crossbow again


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

Jarvis keeps his inspirational shanty active, but his electricity-laced crossbow bolt misfires badly. Not worried or flustered, Vincent calmly re-zaps the halfling's crossbow for the next shot.

The remaining frog must be hungry or just dumb: It doesn't notice Culder pulling himself out of the quicksand, standing again on the piling, and preparing for more jumping, frog-murder in his eyes. The amphibian again snaps at Jordan but bites its own tongue.

Heroes are up again!

INITIATIVE ORDER: Combat Round 5 (Bolded may act/post)
Giant Frog #1 (dying)
Giant Frog #2 (acted)
Jordan (IC)
Culder (IC, raging; acted)
Jarvis (IC; thunderstaff)
Vincent (IC)
Aghon (IC)

Secret GM Rolls:

Culder Strength check (raging): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17
Giant Frog bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 for bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 (plus grab)
Wow--lucky I accidentally rolled for Culder first (out-of-order); the number of 1s & 2s I've been rolling for him is frightening!


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

singing and shootin
Jarvis takes aim and sends another bolt.

xbow shot: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

Jordan draws his sword and swings at the remaining frog.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Aghon again fires his crossbow to try and kill the remaining frog.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 - 4 = 18
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 - 4 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (7/12) lethal, (10)non lethal / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

just stacking thunderstaff again on Jarvis


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

Jarvis puts a charged bolt into the last frog's side, wounding it pretty badly. When Aghon puts a second bolt into the thing's head, he drops the beast and ends the fight. Culder stops raging and looks around, not certain what the plan is from here...whether he should hop back a ways to retrieve his oar that still floats atop the slimy bog or join Jordan on the other side. He hollers for the others to make their opinions known and then grumbles gruffly at Jordan, asking the cook's mate if he knows how to cook frogs' legs.

Combat over.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Hanspur's tiny hairs! I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but, you know, I'm a pretty passable carpenter. I can probably fashion a decent raft (if that's okay with the GM, that is) out of some of that timber we saw back in the abandoned villlage. Aghon hollers across to Jordan and Culder. You two mind waiting while Jarvis, Vincent, and I go gather materials?


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

To Culder's comment, Jordan dryly responds "Not sure I'd want to eat anything that looks that much like Plugg."

Cleaning his sword, Jordan looks up at Aghon's comment. "Doesn't seem like a problem. Worst ye can do is make a so-so bridge. If it comes to that, Culder and me can probably make it back to you lot, but I'd rather not take a bath in that stuff again if it can be avoided."


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

OK, since a raft doesn't cost anything to make, by the crafting rules that means...it doesn't take very long to make! Let's assume it takes an hour and a half to gather wood, make the raft, and paddle it across the bog, collecting Culder's discarded oar en route.

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

Beyond the mire, the faint path meanders through more wetlands for another 3/4-mile before you spy something unusual ahead: A huge tree stands in the middle of a clearing in the swamp, draped with some sort of huge tent. The cloying scent of decaying flesh reaches you even at a distance of 75 feet, and you see small clouds of flies alighting on objects near the tent's posts. The path passes through the ghastly clearing but you could likely skirt it without wading through more quicksand.

The Battle Map Link under my alias name should now link to a new map. Although you guys are about 75 feet north of the tent, I didn't do the map right. I lined up your tokens at the top of the page, but you're all still about 75 feet away.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Hold up a minute," Jordan says. "Something seems a bit off about this setup." Pulling out a healing potion, the cook's mate takes a swig before diving into the brush.

Jordan will slowly and carefully move closer to the tree until he gets an idea of what's happening under that tent. If he feels it's safe, he'll motion for everyone to move forward.

CMW potion: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

Jordan takes the initiative and creeps forward, trying to get a peek into the tent. What he sees is disturbing.

Jordan Only:

Three female figures are inside the shadowy tent, sitting or squatting in the center facing one another. Dressed in the tattered remains of silken finery stained with dirt and blood, the trio don't talk or even move a muscle. It's almost as if their Power Switches are turned to Off.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

The off-putting feeling of the tent and its occupants is a bit unnerving for Jordan. Turning, he returns through the bushes to his comrades to report what he's found.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Assuming he makes it safely back...

Once back to his companions, Jordan will explain what he saw. "Dunno that I like the look of that place, but I'm sure as shooting not going any closer by myself," he explains. "Three women, just sitting there, covered in blood and rags, not moving a muscle. Definitely eerie."

After sharing this information, Jordan looks around at everyone and asks, "Well, how lucky do we feel today?"


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Do they look like they are undead?


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Couldn't say, I wasn't close enough to tell. That, and I already got myself into a mess once today. Figured it would be better to make sure if anything rotten goes down, we'd have strength in numbers. At any rate, those gals ain't moving. Could be they're just dead."


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

I'll throw out a big hint: It seems likely that the storm that ran the Man's Promise into the reef would've done more damage to the tent than what was apparent and would've knocked over the lady-corpses if they were just dead bodies.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Come to think of it, I'm not sure we can just walk on past this," Jordan says, chewing on his lip. "That storm that shook us here hit this island, and wouldn't have left that tent or those corpses upright. At least, it wouldn't have left them upright if they were actually corpses."

Jordan kicks at a dirt clod, then asks "Do we attack, or approach and see if they mean us harm?"


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Yeah, I kind of figured that same thing, which is why I asked in the first place. Speaking from a purely religious perspective, there is no "good" kind of undead. Whatever spirit or magic animates a corpse, usually does it for evil purposes. Just sayin'. Culder, Vincent, Jarvis, what do you guys think? Sneak past, or hit it head on? Aghon says as he cranks and loads his crossbow.


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

Sneaking past is a bad plan. I'd not much like leaving them unchecked at our backs. Like Aghon said, no good undead. Period. We should end these things. Jarvis says, setting a bolt in his crossbow once more.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 23: Bonewrack Isle

When Aghon asks, 'Sneak past, or hit it head on?', Culder taps the end of his oar into the palm of his other hand with a grunt and a smirk. You have his answer.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (13/14) (2 NL) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"How about I sneak around. That way, when Culder hits them like the bull he is, I can catch them off to the side."


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Any input from Aghon, Jarvis, or Vincent?


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Sounds good to me. Aghon says, checking his holy symbol, trident, shield and morningstar. Let's go... Wait! Actually. Can you describe exactly what these "corpses" looked like? I might be able to help us prepare for how to fight them. I learned quite a bit about various undead back at the temple.

Knowledge: Religion Take 10: 10 + 5 = 15


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Aghon Only:

Since you didn't see the creature's firsthand, I'm going to be kinda vague. From Jordan's description, you'd guess they're either ghouls or some sort of flesh-eating zombies.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 7/7 | Active Conditions: None
GM Piratey Steve wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Hmmmm, without getting a good look at them, just based on your description Jordan, I'd say, some kind of zombie, though zombies don't usually just sit around... Could be a ghoul too. If it is ghouls, we aren't going to want to get close enough for them to bite, because their bite is deadly. Also, ghouls will have a natural resistance to my channeled energy, so it will be a bit less effective on them. Aghon says, relating those things that were taught him at the temple in order to make sure his friends are prepared for what might be coming at them.

2,351 to 2,381 of 2,381 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Perils of Crescent Harbor (GM Piratey Steve) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.