Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Perils of Crescent Harbor

Game Master Profession Smith 6 ranks

Pirate-themed adventures in and around Port Peril.


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,226 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Looking at Aretta, Aghon says, I hope you're not suggesting I don't want to be a pirate?! Travelling the seas in search of wealth and adventure are all I've ever wanted.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 19: The Man's Promise

Captain Plugg & Culder

"I got the big lug in me cabin to serve as a guard," Plugg tells Culder. "The brainless lunk ain't good fer much else...an' iff'n he got that damned parrot on his mind, he ain't gonna be a very 'ffective guard, now is he?"

**************************************

Aghon & Aretta

Aretta merely shrugs in response to your profession that you'd like nothing better than to be a pirate. You get the sense that she doesn't really care one way or the other, but that if you insist on being a pirate she'd prefer you weren't on the same crew as her. You also get a feeling that the whole "Crimson for Quartermaster" routine may mean that Cogward's being groomed to join Scourge's gang of cronies.

*************************************
Meanwhile, Jarvis fights through a long day of backbreaking labor, finding himself exhausted as the day draws near an end.

Any more actions or is it safe for me to move to Night #19?


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

i believe I'm good

"Thank you very much Rosie, but if you'll excuse me, my head hurts a bit I'm going to see if I can secure some medicine, or at least the nearest bucket but the way the ships move and this headache will definitely lead to the sea being painted" Vincent will seek out sandra and see if she can do anything about this poison


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: A New Quartermaster

Vincent hunts down the new Ship's Mage and, as luck would have it, Red has a lesser restoration spell prepared. She casts it, curing the damage done by the bilge spider's poison.

Supper comes an hour or so later than it did aboard the Wormwood--what with there being as much work but less hands to do it--and during the meal Crimson makes his pitch as to why he'd make the best quartermaster, basically claiming that he's gotten to know the swabs well by working with them. He also points out that he doesn't work as a cook's mate, chopping vegetables and fishing all day.

Jordan (or anyone else, for that matter) may speak up and throw their two coppers into the discussion if they'd like. The general opinion seem to be that Crimson is indeed more knowledgeable about the ship and her crew, but Jordan's more personable and likeable.

Secret GM Rolls:

Sandara Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 2


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Aye, it's true that Crimson's a good hand around the ship, I'll give him that. He's a fighter, and a strong man, and it sounds like he might care for a day off for some fishing. I don't blame him, and I'll not pretend the work I do is as hard as what you lot do."

Jordan pauses for a moment before continuing. "When you look at the mate working alongside you, what do you see? Do you see the collection of scars and tattoos, or do you see the person, living and breathing, right in front of you? Do you know which mates you can count on?"

Pointing out into the crew, Jordan adds "F'r instance, Jape and Fipps. They'll carry out whatever orders they're given. Strong men there to support any captain. And Aghon and Red, looking out for the crew and helping to heal anyone that gets injured. Jarvis, singing and raising our spirits. Vincent here can't climb for beans but can magic the bugger out of anything. Of course, we can't forget Culder, who could scupper a ship with nought but an oar."

Glancing around, Jordan's voice picks up. "We've got our Captain, a hard, fair man to be working under, and our First Mate, who's one of the saltiest sea dogs I've met." Pausing again, his voice continues. "And there's more of you, but for time, I'll skip to. The Cook's Mate. And who was it that was among the first onto this deck, when smoke and fire filled the air? Who was it that responded to our Captain when he was in need? Aye, it's been nought but two weeks, but in that two weeks I've come to know most of ye, and aye, even stick my neck out for some of ye. The Cook's Mate. And that's what an officer does for the crew. He sticks his neck out as far as he needs to, because it takes more than knowing the ship. You want a officer that will take time to get to know you because he wants to, not because he happens to be alongside you. You want a officer that can learn, that's not afraid to be the first into battle and the last one out. And when that's the case, you'll want to choose me."

Having said his piece, Jordan backs down and waits for anyone else to have their say.

Sorry it's a little long. Got kind of carried away.


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

Culder tugs down one corner of his hat in an almost-salute then returns to his work.


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

first I'll applaud my brother IRL and his silver tongue, despite the many games of risk and settlers of catan it has caused people to lose

around the moment banner mentions his climbing Vincent looks up from the book he's currently writing and and just quickly says "I'm working on that" beyond that Vincent just stays quite and during most of the time people are talking he's scribbling down notes on magic and alchemical formulas.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: A New Quartermaster

Mr. Banner gives a rousing speech that includes more words in total than you've likely heard Crimson use during your entire stint as pirates; it's clear the ship's cook has given folks a lot to think about.

Any more stumping for votes or shall we get to it?


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

I'm cool, lets get to voting


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

I'm not gonna risk trying to influence people publicly but during dinner I will have mentioned to everyone that I have alliances with that electing a quartermaster we can count on is super important


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: The Quartermaster Vote

Captain Plugg calls for silence and then calls for the vote. As Captain, he won't be getting a vote but, interestingly, all other ship's officers DO get a vote. Scourge, Syl Lonegan, Fipps Chumlett, the dwarf Narwhal, Aretta Bansion, and the mute Jape (who points to cast his vote) all vote for Crimson Cogward...as does Crimson himself.

Also voting for Crimson, rather surprisingly, are Rosie Cusswell and "Barefoot" Samms Toppin, both of whom cast quick glances in Scourge's direction. Sandara Quinn, Ambrose Kroop, Giffer Tibbs, and "Ratline" Rattsberger (who is the recipient of harsh glares from Scourge, Syl, and Narwhal especially) vote for Banner.

Crimson leads 9-4...but 5 votes remain to be cast...YOURS!

Secret GM Rolls:

Vote: 1d100 ⇒ 14 (RC)
Vote: 1d100 ⇒ 22 (BST)
Vote: 1d100 ⇒ 96 (RR)
Vote: 1d100 ⇒ 73 (GT)
Vote: 1d100 ⇒ 37 (AK)


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Obviously Aghon casts his vote for Banner. Here's to ya! He says, after casting his vote.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

Jordan also casts his vote for himself.

are those glances towards Scourge fearful or wary?


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

have we been told what happens in case of a tie?


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map
Jordan Bain wrote:

are those glances towards Scourge fearful or wary?

Fearful.

Culder wrote:
have we been told what happens in case of a tie?

Nope.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None
Culder 'the Captain' Hargraves wrote:
have we been told what happens in case of a tie?

I hope it's fight to the death. XD


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

Vincent will cast his vote for banner "sticking with you hasn't burned me yet. Besides, its been a while since I've heard a good speech"

could I make sort of a crowd check and see what the general mood is now that banner is getting more votes? I'm interested to see if this might escalate in public


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

Culder quietly does some math on his fingers.

f#ck... best we can do is tie... that'll be Plugg's choice, I wager... he could go either way on that, but it'd keep me on Scourge's sh!t-list for sure... if I flip that'll be the last piece Scourge needs for his mutiny, and having the quartermaster on his side'd give him an edge when the steel starts swinging, but it just might get me a step closer to him... and during his mutiny'll probably be the best time to kill him...

He frowns as his friends vote and his brain works harder than normal.

gods be dammed... I hope Banner and the boys'll forgive me for this...

The large man makes a show of looking at Barefoot and then over at Scourge, and then back at the woman whose company he'd been enjoying before declaring, "Crimson."


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Aghon looks at Culder, smiling, waiting for what he knows to be inevitable, him casting the tying vote. When the word "Crimson" comes out of his mouth, Aghon steps back and spits up his rum, almost like he'd been socked in the gut. His whole countenance changes, his expression is equal parts shock, disappointment, and questioning.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

Hearing Culder's vote, Jordan turns and shoots the big man a piercing look. Trying to mask his emotions, he reaches for his mug and drains it in one go.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: A New Quartermaster

Culder's vote is enough to elect Crimson Cogward as ship's quartermaster. While Jordan, Aghon, Jarvis, and Vincent are likely quite surprised by his choice, Master Scourge is dumbfounded by the Captain's ballot. Looking around the deck, a few other reactions are easy to note: Syl Lonegan and Narwhal are grinning while glancing in the direction of both Barefoot and Culder; Barefoot herself seems a bit pale and in shock; Crimson seems mildly surprised but gives Culder a quick nod of thanks; and Ambrose Kroop just spits on the deck in disgust.

A moment later, the cook tells his assistant, "May be a good thing ye got passed over fer that post--there be a lot o' scoundrels an' ne'er-do-wells 'mongst these new officers. Screw 'em, says I!"

Culder Only:

Barefoot approaches you and eventually confides that she was pressured by Scourge, Syl, and Narwhal to vote for Crimson. Although the threats were vague, she feared for her own safety going forward on the ship...and for yours.

Jordan Only:
In the cook's cabin later, Kroop tells you to keep your eyes and ears open: That Plugg and/or Scourge are up to something.

"Wouldn't surprise me one whit iff'n them bastards tried to claim this ship as their own an' sailed as free pirates. We'll see what the morrow brings, eh? Don't get down--ye've a pair o' sharpwits amongst the officers--Aghon an' Red. Tell them to stay sharp too, eh?"

Aghon Only:

You, Sandara, and the other new officers sleep in the officers' cabin (B6) under the watchful eye of Master Scourge. Scourge, not surprisingly, spends a lot of his time in the early parts of the evening speaking with the captain in his cabin. He tells Narwhal and Syl to accompany him to discuss 'ship's business.' Within 15 minutes, Aretta Bansion suggests that Crimson accompany her on a patrol of the ship to make sure the swabs are following the new captain's rules and staying below.

That leaves you and Sandara alone. The redhead immediately tells you that she's pretty sure Scourge is trying to convert Crimson into one of his cronies. "I turned down Scourge's advances the first day I came aboard, an' Crimson tried to kiss an' grope me last night. I pushed him away an' he seemed a little angry...but Scourge heard about it and has been whisperin' things in the lad's ear ever since. Now when Cog looks me way, there be hatred in his eyes. An' Plugg an' Scourge have already told me I'll be kept on a short leash as Ship's Mage. Might be time to start thinkin' o' gettin' out from under the shadows o' Plugg an' Scourge permanent-like, if ya get me drift...."

Please post any Nighttime Actions. Remember, though, that the crew's supposed to stay in their quarters during the night and that punishments are now administered by a lethal cat-o'-nine-tails, not a whip.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Aye, that I'll do," Jordan says. Not really sure what to say, he tries to turn himself in for an early evening. Given the choice of taking a flogging or getting a good night's rest, Jordan decides to not let his frustrations rule his actions, and gets a full night's rest.


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

vincent will return to his quarters before entering his quarter though, he'll examine the door to the area to see if it locks, and if so, what side the locks are on, or make sure that a chain can't be looped a ringed handle to tie doors together to lock them together. I'm a little concerned about being locked in my room at some future date


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

Jarvis sat, a bit surprised at Culder's actions. Here I was, waiting to be sure I cast a tying vote just to watch the politics play out. Interesting play, going that way. It may just change the way we get treated, I'd reckon. he thinks, quietly as congratulations are passed around.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map
Vincent Cahaihnes wrote:
vincent will return to his quarters before entering his quarter though, he'll examine the door to the area to see if it locks, and if so, what side the locks are on, or make sure that a chain can't be looped a ringed handle to tie doors together to lock them together. I'm a little concerned about being locked in my room at some future date

The doors leading into and out of the crew's quarters have simple latches so they'll stay closed as the ship sails but don't have locks.


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

Noooooo... I was proofreading my post and accidentally erased it on myself!!! Garrrr. I'm going to bed, I'll post tomorrow am.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: The Man's Promise (Crew's Quarters)

Those cooped up in the crew's quarters soon get a bit antsy. Rosie Cusswell is particularly upset. "Finally got me fiddle back only to be told I can't use it??!! I don't think so!" Turning to Jarvis, she grins and asks, "If I play a tune wouldya sing for us?"

Glaring at Fipps and Jape--the only two of Scourge's cronies now present with the regular riggers and swabs--she adds, "The new cap'n'll only find out if someone squeals."

Fipps looks interested in a bit of music to pass the time, but Jape returns Rosie's initial glare and punches Fipps in the arm when he notes that the fat pirate isn't backing him up.

"No singin'," Fipps says sadly. "Lights out. Let's get some rest; tomorrow's gonna be another long day."

Jordan: You can either sleep in the cook's cabin (B11) with Kroop or with the rest of the non-officers, as there's plenty of spare hammocks at the moment.

Feel free to react to this post or let me know when I should move on to morning.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Believe me Sandy, can I call you Sandy? Believe me, I know what you're saying, but we've got to make sure that if and when we strike, it's coordinated and surprising. Give me one day to talk to my friends. I should have a relatively free run of the ship tomorrow, since I'm to be mending things that need it. It should give me a chance to get the lay of the land, so to speak. After a pause he also says, I don't know what Culder was thinking voting for Crimson, but I know he didn't do it for no reason. He's got a head on his shoulders, Culder Hargraves. I'll hear it from his mouth, and I know he's got no love for Scourge. Let me see where his head is at tomorrow. With that Aghon kneels down to say his prayers, but just after starting he stops, turns around and looks at Sandara and says, Would you like to sleep next to me tonight? It should keep other's paws off'n ya. An' I promise I won't kiss or grope you, unless you want me to. He gives her one of his patented winking smiles, then goes back to his prayers.

I'm trading out read magic for mending, and one of my commands for touch of truthtelling.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: The Man's Promise (Officers' Quarters)

Sandara's eyes light up with amusement and she chuckles aloud. "So that be the so-called Winky-Smile that Aretta would like nuthin' better than to slap off yer face! I've heard her say that more than once! No, I don't want you to kiss or grope me, but I do appreciate the offer o' you hangin' yer hammock next to mine. You watch my back an' I'll watch yours."

Ten minutes later, Aretta and Crimson still haven't returned from their sweep of the ship.

Secret GM Rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 20
??: 1d20 ⇒ 8


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

Jordan will walk through the crew's quarters to grab his gear to relocate it in the kitchen.

"Tell y'what, lads, a song would probably set a better mood for the night. No squealin', and I'll have a plate of bear sign donuts, not sure what else to call'em given the setting set out for you one of these mornings. But I don't want to hear the cat wail because someone felt like singing."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Having said his piece, Jordan relocates his gear to the cabin he shares with Kroop.

Cook's cabin has a door :)


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

with Barefoot:
"Ye ain' gotta worry 'bout keepin' me safe," Culder reassures the woman whose been sharing his bed, "ye do what ye gotta do t'keep yerself safe, 'n' know that I'll be doin' what I can t'keep ye safe too."

When Jordan passes through the crew quarters, Culder pulls him aside and whispers to him so quietly that even the cooksmate himself can hardly hear it. "Sorry 'bout that, Banner. Ye know how Scourge be, he ain' likely t'settle fer bein' firs'mate... I 'spect he's plannin' a mut'ny. Iffin ye was quartermasser they'd mos' likely kill ye t'get inta th'gear; more impor'an' though- we gotta get Scourge t'think he got me on a leash 'fore then... iffin I can get t'him durin' th'fightin' I can put an end t'things right quick. So, star' yelling 'bout how I b'trayed ye, 'n' sold ye out t'protec' some woman. 'N' tell th'boys not t'have nothin' t'do with me fer a few days..."


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

"Aye, and that's just how it's s'posed to be? I'm just supposed to accept that as an apology?" Jordan says, raising his voice. "I get a knife in my back and you get to keep your hammock rocking, is that it? Some mate you turned out to be." With that, Jordan pushes past Culder and calls to Vincent and Jarvis. "A word of advice for you lads...Stay near that lug or you'll probably get a blade 'twixt your shoulders."

Once Jordan is back in the cabin he shares with Kroop, he'll share Culder's suspicions and ask the older man for advice.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Night 19: The Man's Promise

Culder Only:

Barefoot nods at your words and whispers, "Scourge, Syl, an' Narwhal all put pressure on me to vote for Crimson. I got nothin' against yer friend Banner but thought it best to not make waves with them other three."

Jordan Only:

When you spill Culder's fears to Kroop, the cook initially seem stunned by the possibility. He gets out one of his personal small barrels of rum, pours himself a glass, and offers some to his mate. "To help me think...an' to celebrate bein' free o' that black-hearted bastard, Harrigan!" he explains.

After unleashing a loud belch (which he also claims will help him think better), Kroop gives Banner a nod. "Hadn't considered that possibility, but ye may be right. Never thought Scourge was bright enough for Cap'n, nor did I think a crew would sail under such a sadistic bastard...but I may be wrong 'bout that. Other possibility's that Scourge is afraid you, that great lug Culder, an' the rest o' the 'new blood' might mutiny 'gainst himself an' Plugg. I mean, think on it--before this turn o' fortune, any mutiny would have to deal with Harrigan, his officers, an' the Lady Mage. Now all them protections are gone."

Kroop's first glass of rum is already gone so he pours himself another. "A toast! To whomever it is that puts a foot or so o' steel into the gut o' that crap-pile, Scourge!" A moment later, though, all the anger and bravado's gone from the man. "Ain't gonna be ol' Kroop what does the deed, though. Too old, too slow, too damned drunk...."


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

Vincent merely cocks and eyebrow at the cooks mate warning, and as banner walks away he mutters "this ship isn't going to make it to port with a full crew" and then turns to Jarvis "you've been around those two and Aghon longer than I have are things normally this troublesome?"


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Morning (?) 20: The Man's Promise

Scourge manually rings your new ship's bell, summoning the crew on deck for breakfast and daily work assignments. There's barely a glow upon the eastern horizon, and it's hard to see very well in the pre-dawn darkness (if you don't have darkvision).

"Sorry to cut short yer nappies, princes an' princesses," Scourge lies with a grin, "but we've got a job that needs doin every day so I thought I'd ask fer a volunteer. Barefoot--very neighborly o' ye to offer yer services!"

It's possible that the shoeless rigger moved her hand to stifle a yawn or brush some wayward hair out of her eyes, but the blank look on her face tells all that she volunteered for nothing.

"Step forward now, lass--no one's gonna bite ye!" Syl Lonegan gives the woman a quick push and Barefoot stumbles forward a few steps. Scourge takes her arm and flashes one of his wicked grins.

"Nothin' to fear, Barefoot--we don't have a cabin boy or girl on this tub, so we needs someone to taste an' test the new Cap'n's food...just in case there be any underhanded treachery about." Scourge glares at Jordan as he says these words. "Ye could use a bit more meat on yer bones anyhow!" Scourge chuckles. "Now shake yer arse an' get below an' try whatever slop Fishguts is plannin' on servin' this mornin'."

Barefoot can't resist throwing a look in Culder's direction before she starts for the stairs leading belowdecks.

I'll pause briefly here in case anyone wants to react. Daily Tasks coming up later (likely tomorrow).


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

Culder looks down and exhales sharply. "Lemme go with her," he says with grim resolution, "I ain' got no one else t'eat with now 'n' ye'll get double th'protectin'."


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

The night before...
No Vincent, they aren't. Which means the game's afoot. Keep yer eyes open and do what you can to avoid Culder. I'm sure there's a plan. He's a sharp shippie, Culder. He wouldn't do what he did without good reason.

In the mornin'....
Jarvis yawns and rousts himself from his hammock.

Another morning another stretch o' work to do. May as well limber up shippos! Jarvis says as he hums a bit to himself.


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 20: The Man's Promise

"Pah! 'Fraid yer ol' chum might poison yer gal cuz ye didn't vote fer him?" Scourge asks Culder, getting a few chuckles from his cronies. "Barefoot's a big girl--she just needs to sample a bit o' food before the rest's brought around. Iff'n she ain't dead 15 minutes after samplin', ye an yer li'l lovey-dovey can eats together an' gaze longin'ly inta each others' eyes all ye want!"

"Now--while Barefoot's testin' the slop, here's what each of ye lugs'll be doin' today...."

Aghon Day 20 Job:

Repairs: Requires a successful DC 10 Profession (carpentry) check plus a DC 8 Constitution check or be fatigued at day's end.

Co-Workers: None.

DAYTIME SHIP ACTIONS
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task.
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC.
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one part of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).
Shirk: Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Vincent Day 20 Job:

Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of ropes from one part of the ship to another, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Co-Workers: None.

DAYTIME SHIP ACTIONS
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task.
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC.
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one part of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).
Shirk: Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Culder Day 20 Job:

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) check or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Co-Worker: Jarvis.

DAYTIME SHIP ACTIONS
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task.
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC.
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one part of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).
Shirk: Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Jarvis Day 20 Job:

Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) check or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 12 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Co-Worker: Culder.
DAYTIME SHIP ACTIONS
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task.
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC.
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one part of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).
Shirk: Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Jordan Day 20 Job:

Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. Kroop is drunk, so this requires a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check.

DAYTIME SHIP ACTIONS
Work Diligently: Gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task.
Influence: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC.
Sneak: Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one part of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).
Shirk: Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Everybody: Please make a separate Profession (sailor) or Wisdom check.

Profession (sailor) Result 10+ OR Wisdom Result 15+:

The Man's Promise should be sailing west/northwest if Port Peril is its destination; instead it's sailing east/northeast.

Secret GM Rolls:

Jobs?: 6d2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) = 7
Jordan: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

vincent will influence vincent, jk

str: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 yooooooooooooooooooooo
con: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
wis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Vincent fail at his job for the day, frustrated and tired he decides he'll take the whipping rather than continue working on these coils of rope, he also makes note of the ships direction and remembers what his compatriot Jarvis told him last night


Male Halfling Male CG Halfling Bard 2|HP:13/13 |AC:13|CMB:+1|CMD:12 |F:+1/R:+7/W:+4| I:+2|P:+7|20'|BP:10/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|2|0|1|0|4 Acro+9 App+6 Climb+8 Esc+7 P(Sing+9|String (Lie|Diplo)+9) Sailor+5 Swim+6 | Dagger +2|d3+2/19

Working alongside Culder, Jarvis was glad that he could not work as diligently as he otherwise would, letting the larger man's muscles do the glut of the work. Thankfully, he's not exhausted at the end of the day.

Oy, Culder. You and I are OK right? You've turnt on Banner, but I'm safe yeah? Jarvis says, in a half whisper, not particularly upset if anyone overhears.

Sailor (Day Job): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Separate Sailor (During duty): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Con: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Human, Barbarian [sea reaver] 1/Brawler [mutagenic mauler] 1 | HP: 23/23 | AC 16 (12t, 14ff) | F +6, R +4; W +3 | perception +6, initiative +2

prof (sailor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Con (diligent): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 = 23

Culder looks around to make sure that nobody is looking at him then gives Jarvis a reassuring wink. "Piss off," the brute barks at his coworker rather loudly, "go talk t'yer frien' in th'kitchen iffin ye's lonely."

extra prof.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

hmm... starting already... without Harrigan to answer to its only a bit of time before Scourge moves against Plugg...


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Can the mending spell replace the craft carpentry checks? I'll post with both in mind...

Good to his word Aghon sleeps right next to Sandara without so much as touching her through the night, though he did take, probably too long of, a moment to watch her sleeping peacefully. As the mending of the ship is on his agenda for the day, he gathers his carpenter's tools, and after breakfast goes about the business of using both his magic and his tools to mend any imperfections he sees.

Craft Carpentry Take 10: 10 + 4 = 14
Con Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Having been warned by Banner to avoid Culder, Aghon desists with his plan to touch the Cap'n with his truthtelling magic. Instead, only shaking his head and looking severely disappointed at him whenever their paths cross. However, having the spell prepared, and being a mischievous man, he casts the spell, holding the charge until he can find Sandara, and then touches her with the spell.

Obviously that plan is by no means a foregone conclusion, so if I need some dice rolls let me know. I only have one, rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things, question I want to ask her. ;)


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

Scowling at Scourge's orders, Jordan leads Barefoot down to the kitchen. Ignoring the drunk Kroop, he begins preparing breakfast.
Cook: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Making sure to give Barefoot the best selections of breakfast, more out of spite to Scourge and Plugg than kindness to the woman. After verifying that Barefoot isn't dead, Jordan begins taking breakfast to the captain and officers (however that arrangement works).

Once breakfast is delivered, Jordan will hang about to see if he can see what goes on, and listen in on any conversation between officers.

Stealth around officers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

would specifically like to listen in on Aretta ans Scourge if possible

wisdom: 1d20 ⇒ 4


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 20: The Man's Promise

Jordan's attempt to eavesdrop on Scourge and Aretta doesn't gain him much. Aretta seems ambivalent this day. Scourge does have a brief chat with Captain Plugg about how to best weigh discipline via the cat against the possibility of accidentally killing a member of the already skeleton crew. Plugg replies he'll leave that problem for Scourge to solve.

Although the day's partly overcast, it's hot and muggy. As noon passes, most of the crew is sweaty and getting a little tired--it seems likely that several pirates will be fatigued at the end of the long day.

Vincent won't be one of them. He's having such a rough day hauling rope that he just up and quits, earning him nasty glares from the three pirates assigned to the relatively easy rat-hunting duty--Aretta, Fipps, and Japes--every time one passes him. The sorcerer has no doubt he'll be reported to Scourge. They do, and Scourge and Fipps pay him a visit that afternoon. Somewhat surprisingly, Scourge has the fat (but strong) man take over the manual labor and relegates Vincent to rat-hunting duty for the rest of the day.

"Ye've got a black mark 'gainst yer name fer this bit o' slacking, though," Scourge growls.

Vincent: Roll me either a DC 15 Stealth check, Survival check, or Dexterity check to catch enough vermin to (maybe) get out of a punishment at Bloody Hour.

Aghon finds Sandara Quinn hard at work sewing torn sails; it'll be an easy enough thing to tap her on the shoulder and release his spell if he so chooses.

Survival Result 25+:

There are more clouds off to the west and northwest; it's quite possible another storm's brewing, but it shouldn't hit for a couple of days at least.


Male CG Human Cleric of Hanspur 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Icicle: 7/7 | Spells: 0th 4/~; 1st: 4/4 | Channel Energy 1d6+1: 5/7 | Active Conditions: None

Finding Sandara mending sails, Aghon taps her on the shoulder releasing the magic that will force her to tell him the truth for a brief period of time. DC 15 Will Save for Sandara to overcome the spell and be able to lie. The result of which should be obvious because the spell says that the target temporarily takes on the image of a being of perfect order. Aghon waits to see if the spell works, but even if it doesn't he asks: Sandara, who, among the officers and crew aboard The Man's Promise, are you most attracted to? He stands over her smiling, waiting for the answer.


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

Tired, weary, and not really caring vincent quips back at scourge "I'm used to black marks scourge, It's kinda like how you're used to wearing rugs on your head"

dex while fatigued: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

well dice, where were you when I needed you?


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map

Day 20: The Man's Promise

Sandara's features briefly turn almost angelic, and Aghon knows that his spell has taken hold. Unfortunately, Sandara goes from serene angel to pissed-off demon almost immediately.

"None o' yer damned business!" she almost snarls in reply. Then a degree of hurt mixes in with the anger flashing in her eyes. "Why would ye do that--use magic--on me? We've got more important things to think 'bout than romance!"

Eventually she cools down and actually answers Aghon's question, though in a roundabout manner. "I don't expect I'll find me perfect match on this tub...an' I'd suggest ye wait fer shore leave afore searchin' fer yours. Ye've seen what a witch Aretta be, an' Syl Lonegan--despite her looks--might have an even blacker soul."

Meanwhile, Vincent acquits himself quite nicely at the less taxing job of rat-hunting. When darkness falls and Jordan brings supper out on the main deck, Scourge is still eyeballing the sorcerer for potential punishment.

Jordan's cooking this day is so good, however, it puts most of the crew in a fine mood. Scourge, however, howls in dismay when he makes a discovery: The Man's Promise doesn't have any rope restraints on its mainmast for Bloody Hour entertainments.

"Bloody ****in' heathens!" he rails. "What do them Rahadoumis do to maintain discipline?! We'll get this fixed tomorrow, mark me words!"

After dinner, the officers retire to their respective cabins after ordering the rest of the crew to their quarters.

Please post any Nighttime Actions.


M Human Vigilante (Stalker)2 / hp (14/14) / AC 15 T13 FF10 / Saves F+1 R+6 W+4 /

After dinner, Jordan makes his way to his hammock. Commenting on feeling a bit thirsty, he makes an excuse to step out while Kroop falls asleep, then makes his way to the deck.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

is there anyone on deck?


The Man's Promise | Ship Actions | Current Battle Map
Jordan Bain wrote:
is there anyone on deck?

Not at the moment. You'd know from past experience that Narwhal and Jape (the only two crewmen with darkvision) make infrequent patrols of the ship at night.


Male Human Sorcerer (Stormborne) lvl 2 / hp (12/12) / AC 15 T11 FF14 / Saves F+1 R+1 W+3 /

After dinner Vincent will take to his new portable lab, and waste 2-3 gold attempting to create a flask of grease.

craft alchemy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

well, there goes 3 gold and a bad roll

2,151 to 2,200 of 2,226 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Perils of Crescent Harbor (GM Piratey Steve) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.