Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Peril at King's Landing

Game Master Nimon

The King is holding a tournament for his new Hand Ned Stark. You are invited to represent your house in the tournament.


151 to 200 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
You do not find a whole lot at first. By dumb luck you over hear something about a feast at the Lugus residence to honor the union of Ser Langley and Lady Marita Lugus.

Tarris:
I tell you what, you get me to the castle in good health, and attend the Lugus feast with me, and we will call it a deal. I could use a lord on my side, consider this my finacial backing for the archery tournament, and perhaps you can allow me to attend the tournament with the men of your house? The merchant suggests with an obvious hopeful tone.


Male Human Fighter

I would be honored.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Once I hear that tidbit I head back to Daisy's (at night) to see if my benefactor has left any further messages for me.
Is there a time and date for this celebration?

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
It is in two days time at mid-day You come back to the Brothel and Daisy is there. Our friend wants us to go to this Feast. I have something to do there, and he believes you are interested in going as well. He suggests you play the part of a Dornish Hedge Knight, and I am your wife. I have an inventation for a Ser Archey. According to our friend he is only known by name, and will not be attending, though the Lugus and Dannett do not know this.

Tarris:
[b] Very good then friend, let us shake hands and seal the deal He extends his hands. You travel down the road and come to a crossing. Please, might we travel up that road a bit to visit the ruins of the Dannett's farm, I want to see it for myself. Maybe I can make sense of what happened. Rog asks earnestly.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
"Correct I am interested in going indeed. The Lugus have met me before, I suppose I will have to cut my hair else I would have an altercation straightaway".
Weyland considers reaching out to his family and retainers but decides against it as too risky.
"Tell me Daisy, can you find out from our benefactor what has become of my mount?"


Male Human Fighter

I cannot unspoiler your last post for some reason.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
Oh, ok yes I have wigs and makeup, I can even make it appear that you have a scare on your face. I will ask about your horse, I gave you all that was given to me. Usually horses of criminals are retained at the stables by the Lion Gate. We have two days to prepare for the feast. Try to aquire some fine Dornish clothing and practice the part. The young woman speaks confidently and very casual about crashing a nobel party.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Ya I could not either wierd, sorry about that. It is a deal then Rog shakes your hand and bows. You travel for a while and come to a small dirt road that turns off the main road. Please Ser Tarris, might we go up the road a bit. I would like to visit the Dannett homestead one last time and maybe make sense of what happened.

ok previewed this it seems to work


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:
I am no ser, no knight. I too would like to see what can be seen of this homestead, or what remains. I think we have time if it is not too far.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Thank you, is it Lord Tarris? It is not far, only an hour up that road. This is a lush green area. There is sparse trees and bushes, and a few hills. You travel the road which does make a slight incline, when you get to the top you can see the remains of the farmstead.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Not saying anything about the crossed words when reading it at the moment, but he will still ask "Did their engagement was cancelled for some reason?" as he raises his hands as to stop the answer from coming just yet "I just ask because the names are crossed so I was curious I meant no offense"


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Just Tarris will do. My brother is a Lord, his son will be Lord, but I am just a man.

I keep my men-at-arms mounted and on watch while I dismount and take a closer look around. Looking for tracks, searching the farmstead for anything or any information I can find.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Sorry, stuck at work all weekend. Salamae nods in agreement, to attend the feast. "I count myself along the blessed to be so invited. You have my thanks."

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
I don't know m'lord. I do know I saw the merchant Ruben around, so maybe can ask him at the feast.Good day Ser The Courier says with a bow.

Tarris:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Your Perception You get off your horse and you see a sudden movement behind the stable.
roll initative for surprise round
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Initative for Fox and friends
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Initative for Rog
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 To Hit Rog with arrow from Fox
1d8 ⇒ 6 damage
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Rog's fort save
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Fox friends attack on your friends
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 confirm
1d8 ⇒ 8 damage to your friends
If your initative ends up being higher will adjust as needed

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
The young lord leaves. A few hours later a young man comes in when you are alone. Greetings Septa of the Seven.I heard you are going to the Lugus feast.I was wondering if you would be so kind as to give Ser Orten a gift for me? I was to attend, but I must leave tonight on important buisness.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Salamae regards the young man's words carefully. Is there any malice in his request, hidden or otherwise?

Sense Motive
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"I might be inclined, if I could be assured that I was not bearing gifts of ill will or vendetta."


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Weyland spends the next day shopping for clothing with the limited funds he has left. He also searches for rumors about the fire and about Dorne as it is a land he is not overly familiar with.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Init -
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Fight my bow at anyone who has a bow out and ready, then drop it and draw my sword.
To Hit - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dam - 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 2) + 2 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
You do get the impression there is more to this package then it just being a simple gift. The man is hiding something, but it is not malice, at least not towards you or Orten.

Weyland:
There is not a lot of rumors about the fire other than there was one. You pick up a little information on Dorn will add +2 circumstance to disguise

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Rog and your Men are wounded from the exchange, but your men deliver deadly blows to thier assailants. You shot the one that seems to be incharge that shot Rog. Rog is down, and the man you shot is running away through the apple orchards. The other assailants are dead.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

If my men are not too hurt, hunt the runner down. If they are tend to them first.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Your men will survive, Rog is bad.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Weyland lays low the day in between and practices his Dornish accent as well as testing out disguises.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Another foe for another time.

If he (the foe) is in range shoot him -
Hit - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Dam - 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Then tend to Rog, see if I can patch him up a big, at least enough to travel.

Heal - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Gillem will try to find more information about those two scratched out names.

Diplomacy (Gather Information)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
You hear a rumor that Iris went missing, it is possible she ran away since this was an arrangement she was open about being against.

Weyland:
The longer you stay at the brothel, the more apparent it becomes that this is a lot more than it seems. You have noticed the King's treasurer, Lord Balish, coming and going more often than usual, and not just to spend time with the girls. In fact one time it sounded as if he was giving instruction to the girls.

Tarris:
1d100 ⇒ 99 Because of concealment of the trees you miss your target. You make it back to Rog and see that he is very ill, by your heal check you know the arrow that hit him was poisoned.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Hold fast good ser. Let me see if I can find something to help. Now we know these were no ordinary bandits.

Kn-Nature to know if there are any plants around that slow/heal poison -
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
You are thinking of how to aid your friend when you have an epiphany, your remeber Rog is an alcohol merchant and he mentioned fine Dornish wine. You remeber that really fine Dornish wine is considered a cureall of sorts and is known to stave off poison for a time. You find the wine in his cart of things and give him some. An hour later he is able to slump on his horse if need be. It is mid day and you are 24 hours to King's Landing.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I will ask Daisy about his role at the brothel.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
Oh, he is a regular.Rumor is he likes red heads, and he doesn't even have sex with them, just talks. He has never been with me. Now let's go over this again, You are Ser Archey and I am Helen Archey. She continues to prep you for your role.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

[Ser Weyland] "Am I here for the tourney or just for this wedding? Another more relevant question is what am I expected to do at thus wedding? Just sit there and play nice?" [/spoiler]


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

There might be a reward for her return and maybe gain some influence and favors from their House... Gillem will try to investigate more about those Houses involved and a way to approach the "grieving family" of the lost girl.

Is the wedding before or after the tournament?


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Ride on till night and then rest, placing watches. Then head out in the morning. Ride until the city.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
[b] This is not wedding, just a feast for celebration. What you do is up to you sweety, you are just accompaning me as far as I am concerned. My employer thought you would want to attend, and you aggreed. I have my own role to play once inside that is not connected to you. So it is mutually beneficial. As far as the tournament, well I guess that is also up to you, I do not know much about such things. I am tired and am going to sleep. You should rest also

Gillem:
The wedding is not yet announced, it might be at the feast. The feast is in honoring the engagement not the wedding. Roll Diplomacy/Knowledge local to gather intelligence.

Tarris:
Very well, give me two additional heal checks to see how well you are maintaining and monitoring our friend. You are about to end chapter 0, and with that you will recieve a Hero Point(APG for Rules on them) you can forgo recieving that to reroll a failed heal check to save Rog since he is important.(This option is from the campaign itself so thought I would present it, you do not require Rog to continue though.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
Sensing your hesitation the Lord gets nasty I hear you were to be a silent sister, but failed. It would be a terrible tragedy if the people were to learn that the reason for this was inpure relations with fellow Septa. I bet you'd be stoned in the street.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Intrigue(Intimidate] vs your intrigue defense of 15 is a hit. 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage +1 is for 5 over DC , take 4 from your composure. You may fire back, attempt a comprimise, or relent and take the package.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Can I take my roll and then, if they are not enough choose to use my Hero Point, or do I have to choose first?

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
yes can roll first, would really suck otherwise I think.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

What are the odds

Think I will take chances and take the heal checks. Can't do much better.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Gather Info 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Rog is reacting well to the Dornish Wine. You think he will make it. The rest of the trip is uneventful and you make it to King's Landing finally.

Gillem:
Nice roll You hear that Iris was last seen in King's Landing, and it is known that she was not very self sufficent. Some people think she is either hiding in town or ran off with another man.


Little bird who clipped your wings? The portly eunuch asks a young man laying in a bed of hay inside a horse stable. Fffox. The young man struggles to respond. Oh dear me, were it not so busy around here I would just send the hound to deal with that one, perhaps the enemy of my enemy will do. Thank you little one, I bring you sweet release, sleep now. The large man revels some milk of the poppy out of his sleeve and gives it to the broken man. Varys turns to walk out just as a stable boy enters with a young mare. Oh my, you are too good at your job, I had hoped it would take you longer to finish those duties He says casually while removing a thin blade from his belt and running it through the smiling lad's throat. Too many little fingers in my pie. He thinks to himself as he walks out of the stable.

Congradulations you made it past the intro and are at Ch 1! You all gain 1 level, 1 Hero Point(APG for rules on Hero Points.) Salamae you will gain your level after you resolve your intrigue. You all have roughly a day befor the feast(some of you are ahead of each other by a day or so, averaging it out to let you all post preparations for the feast). Some of you I had to rail road a bit, appologies, but needed to maintain the story a bit and keep you relativly together. Salamae I know it seems you did not do as much to warrent a level probably, but this could be a reflection of past experiance catching up. Good job overall, I am enjoying this game a lot and think you are all doing well.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

I will level when I get home from work tonight. Enjoying it so far!


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:
Sorry, been busy at work the past few days, but you're right in that she would have hesitated.
Salamae remains silent for a moment. "While it is true that I have failed in my sacred promise to serve the Stranger, at least my words have never been so unguarded. Your rudeness gives your House no honor." Salamae accepts the task, making a mental note to repeat all that was heard from the Lord along with the gift before it was opened. Will composure heal over time, or is it permanent unless I do something?

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
The composure damage is really just a gage of when you have failed an arguement and will suffer some consequence, depending on the social skill and intent of the one you are in an intrigue with. In this case, he is trying to intimadate you into doing him a favor. Once you reach 0 composure, you truly believe his threat and would submit to his request, simular to a compulsion spell. After this exchange you will have full composure against anyone else. So I understand you are excepting the gift, but intend to relay how you were treated when you give it.You are right, I have let anger get the best of me. This is an important package, and I am desperate.Please do not make me act on that desperation, my lack of honor will be the least of your concerns. The lord says with a slight nod. He seems very sincere, both in his appology and in his veiled threat.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I will spend the last day continuing to get into the role of my new identity and attempting to gather more data on who will be at the feast.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
Ser Orten is hosting the feast. Ruben Piper the merchant will be in attendance as well as Ser Langley and his soon to be fiance Lady Marita. Many minor houses as well as a Septa named Salamae.House Dannett was invited, though you are not sure if any will attend after what occured at the farmstead.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

The Feast

You arrive at House Orten. The estate is large for a minor house, and in a very nice section of the city. The Feast is both inside the house and outside in the courtyard coverd by a large tent. When you arrive the house Maester announces you.

Weyland:
You and your "Wife" arrive. As soon as you are announced Ser Orten approaches you. 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 Disguise roll for Daisy +2 for circumstances 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 . Ser Orten is oblivious to your disguise. Ah, Ser Achley at last. Then whisperingI thought I asked you to be discret, but no matter lets go down to the cellar to discuss buisness.

Tarris:
You get Rog to a Maestar.1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 He is in bad shape and can not go to the feast and must remain under their care. He gives you the Invitation. Find out what these rotten people are up too good Ser Tarris, you may not be a knight, but you are the most nobel person I have met. When you arrive at the feast the Maester announces you. A woman approaches. Ah, and where is the good merchant Rog, Tarris was it? I am Lady Marita good to make your aquatince.

Gillem:
You arrive at the feast and the Maester announces you.
Ser Langley greets you. Good of you to come. Lets have some drink!I will introduce you to my Lady. As you walk over to get something to drink for a second the room goes black.Their is a Dragon here. Kill it! The all too familar sound of the Szinroc inters your mind for a brief momment. It fades and you regain your sight. Are you ok Ser Gillem? Langley asks.

Salamae:
You arrive at the feast. The young lord that invited you greets you and announces you.I am proud to introduce the good Septa Salame of the seven. The guests are gracious too you, but few engage you in conversation.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I whisper to him, "My apologies, damn wife insisted on being announced. Yes let us make our way down".

This is the same Orten I suspected of having info on Hamm Flowers correct? I assume I came armed and armored as a Knight of the Realms?

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
That is why I allowed time for preparations. If you want to conceal a weapon, sleight of hand check.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I will skip bringing a weapon then and get one there if I need it, sleight of hand is not Weyland's string suit!

151 to 200 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Peril at King's Landing:Cripples,Bastards and Broken Things. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.