Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Peril at King's Landing

Game Master Nimon

The King is holding a tournament for his new Hand Ned Stark. You are invited to represent your house in the tournament.


101 to 150 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I will not hesitate to run to the barn to save Thunder pushing aside thoughts of attacking the Lugus.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Take a night to tend to my wounded and resupply here, then head out in the morning. Ask that they send a raven to both Whitehall (my home) and Winterfell to tell them of the wilding raiders in the wood around here.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
The boy has a broken collar bone and a few crushed ribs, but should pull through. He is from house Tully. The Gold Cloak that brought him in seems more concerned for the lad then you would expect. You are able to treat the wounds with the aid of your Septon friend, though the boy is in no condition to be out of a bed.

Gillem:
You make your way to King's Landing. Every night you spend in the King's Wood, you dream of the horned female, and you think wolves are following you. You feel a strange lack of empathy or care for the loss of your men. You try not to think of it too much.

Weyland:
Give me a handle animal DC 25, because of the excitement. If successful you may give me a ride check at DC 15.

Tarris:
The village headmaster tells you that there is a rookery at the souther watch tower. He will send a runner there with your message, it shall take a few hours to reach the tower. They did have a few ravens in town, but the wildlings destroyed them. Knowledge Local/Profession Soldier for some more information.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Weyland attempts to control Thunder.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
You have trouble calming the horse. Roll again, +2 circumstance. If you can not, he breaks free and runs out of the stable for a bit, he will come back though.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Handle Animal 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

"The boy should pull through, but he will need to lay still for awhile. Fetch me some bandages and some white bark. He may be a little bruised for awhile, but he'll heal up easily enough."

Salamae does not 'take command' but makes her demands as though she were making simple requests, not really expecting them to be obeyed.


Male Human Fighter

I have neither of those so I will accept what help I can.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
By the Seven thank you The Gold Cloak says, almost in tears as he gentely takes the boy.[/b]

Weyland:
You just can't seem to calm the horse, he has never been so spooked. He runs out of the stable braking through any barrier, or tie downs.By the time you get him calm, the Lugus are long gone.

Tarris:
Actually I forgot since this pertains to your Favored enemy you can roll untrained, so I will just give you the info. This group of wildlings seem more intelligent, at least as far as tactics are concerned, than others you have came across. Most wildlings do not think twice about ravens, unless they have razed everything else to the ground first. For them to specificly target the ravens, seems odd to you.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:
Once Gillem arrives to King's Landing he will go to a place were he can meet other knights (not a brothel yet) to boast of his last achievement and register for the tourney.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Which direction did the Lugus and Lord Caldwell head in? How many of them were there again?


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Add this new information to the message on the ravens.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
The last night you stay in the woods, you have a very Vivid Dream. Hello Champion. You are about to leave me for a time, but I wanted you to know I am with you. Fight well in the tournament, with extra care towards those of House Blount. The dragon's servants deserve your special attentions. I shall leave you with a kiss, then you shall awake refreshed. Will Save DC 20 (remember -2, since she is already in your head) {knowledge Nobility for House Blount}.

Weylan:
They continued down the road. There were six men all together. As you calm your horse and collect your thoughts, another explosion destroys the house. Roll Reflex and Fort Save.

Tarris:
That is no problem. The people are very hospitable, and your man is recovering fast.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 I'm such a horny youngster or the website is plotting for me to fall and make this more interesting... lmao
Knowledge Nobility 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
The dragon servants!? more puzzled from the kiss than the question. "The only dragon I know are all dead or is it their followers? What does she want from me..."

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
You recall House Blount was loyal to the Targaryans during the war, but after the war they swore feudality to House Baratheon. [ooc] Mechanically, the witch can now maintain contact with you outside her woods in your dreams. You get a +1 attack and damage bonus against House Blount, but -4 to anything involving cha as you can not hide your contempt.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Fortitude 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Assuming I survive. Weyland realizes that six men is three too many for him to handle. He mounts Thunder and decides to head back to his keep near King's Landing and gather his men at arms. On the way back down the road he will report the incident to the Goldcloaks on watch and request two more of them to accompany him as he returns to bring the Kings justice to the Lugus.

Perhaps that is why they were so shady regarding this Ham Flowers, they may be in league with him sowing chaos.

Weylands blood is up!


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Salamae turns to the other healers in the tent, trying to get a feel for who they are. She doesn't say much, instead just remaining silent and observing the others, listening to their conversations.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
You deftly jump out of the way of the blast, the fumes are noxious, but you handle them without letting them get to you.
You start your day track back to King's Landing.

Salamae:
You notice the other male Septon, who is a bit young, is rather poor at his duties. When the child came in he let you do most of the work. The older Septon, Ashbury, seems to come and go a lot, and leaves you a lot of freedom in the tent. You hear about Marita Lugus, she is betrothed to a Sir Langley Woods, who will be her third husband. The younger Septon refers to her as "The Black Widow".


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Do I know what would have caused that explosion?


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Rest a day or two, til my man feels strong enough to ride. Then set out south again to catch up to the train coming from Winterfell.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
If you have spellcraft/knowledge arcana can make a roll. It seems rather extreme for a fire even with alcohol.

Tarris:
You rest and your man feels strong. There is no further reports of Wildlings. The runner reports that your message was sent. There is a group of travelers heading south from the area who ask if they may travel with you. They are singers, whores and performers, many of whom you are familar with from the north.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

I will travel with the group, and be glad of the company, but keep a strong eye on my goods and coin.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
You travel for a few more weeks without incident.You reach the Great Stag's Inn, and are six days from King's Landing. You hear some bandits burned down House Danett's farmstead, and strange sightings of animals acting strangly in the King's wood.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Do I have time to hunt the bandits and still make it to the tourney on time?
If so - try and gather a party of locals to go hunting.
If no - Rest the night and ride out in the morning, tell them I will inform the Lords once I reach the Landing.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Going to the nearest tavern frequented by knights to have a drink This has been a very... strange journey I need this drink" as he enters the place and looks over for a seat and of any known houses from the Stormlands he could sit with, in case there is no place to sit by himself.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Dannett's farm is actually closer to King's landing. These are just some things you cant help but hear on your travels not really local issues. begining to tie in your story lines, aslo to reming you can use diplomacy/knowledge local to get some news/rumors.You continue traveling, for 3 nights you sleep outside, so on the 4th night the sight of Dag's Inn is a pleasent surprise. It is a humble Inn. Everyone is unusually quiet considering the proximity to King's landing(only two days away) and the tournament soon to start.

Gillem:
You arrive in King's Landing. You are told the houses can have tents set up at the field, but the Lords usually sleep at an Inn and leave their men to sleep in the tents. The sentry inquires about your retainers. When he hears you are alone, he directs you to a decent Inn called the Greentree Inn. On the way you find a tavern, "The Potted Lilly". There are men from all over, a Knight, Ser Langley, you recognize from House Langward, not of the stormlands, but of the Crownlands and a long time friend of your house. So you've come as well, not many houses from the Stormlands have come since the badblood between Stannis and Robert.Sit have a drink. He is a bit too loud and frank about this issue and you are getting stares from the other men at the tavern.


Male Human Fighter

[spoiler=Tarris]

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Diplomacy to try and talk to the people of the Inn, learn why they are so quiet. Maybe drop a gold or tow buying drinks to loosen some tongues.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Knowledge (nobility) on Sir Langley Woods.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Appologies m'lord, we've just had a bit of a bad luck streak in these parts. First Hammish Flowers, a dear friend I do not care what those Lugus Said about him!, well he was attacked and robbed, then we hear the Dannett Brewery and Homestead was burned down. To top it off, the Lugus came here and killed Hammish. They said he had to turn himself in by order of the crown, when he refused they cut him down like a dog!I do not trust them Lugus, and I no longer care who hears it! At first this man speaks in whispers, but quickly works himself up to a rage of anger and speaks very loud and passionate. Settle down Rog! Heres one on the house, take it easy good champ. By the Seven those who have done wrong will be punished Says the barkeep to the man and hands him a fresh brew.[/speaker]
[spoiler=Salamae] Ser Langley is known as an honorable man. His marriage was arranged to solidify relations between the Woods and Lugus.It is clear that Margrita has little intrest in him. There have been rumors about her taking another lover, though such rumors are common place.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Calm yourself my friend. What do the Lugus say about your friend Hammish?
Do I know anything of the Flowers, specifically Hammish? Or the Lugus?

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
I know you have not yet had a chance to respond to the last message, but in order to keep you current I am going to fast forward a few events, feel free to ask questions, make knowledge rolls ect about the events. You leave the homestead, mentally and physically sore. You are only on the road a few hours when you see Gold Cloaks approaching you on the road, with them is Ruben Piper the Merchant from the Danett house. There he is! Look at him, he is not even trying to hide! What a brash bandit, please in the name of my betrothed love sieze this man. Ruben exclaims pointing at you with a flare of theatrics. The Gold Cloaks arrest you and put you in the dungeon until the King can hear your case. While in the Dungeon you are visited by a young man that looks like a servant. He says he works for influential people in the castle that would like to see you free and the Lugus punished for thier crimes. He says he can provide you means of escape, but you must remain hidden until you can prove your innocence.My employer will also use his resources to uncover any proof , but it will take some time. He gives you directions to a brothel where you can lay low for a few days, ask for Daisy.If you agree he picks your lock and opens a secret door that leads to a tunnel. stay to the right, use the third exit.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

"Don't mind if I do" as he sits down ad orders himself a drink "Well House Athelstan swore allegiance to King Robert and I have no quarrels with other houses from the Crownlands." as he drinks some of his beer "Besides I just cleared this weird poachers from the King's Woods that made strange ritual killings, but in the end they got what they diserved, now I just need to win the tournament" as he laughs "Were are my manner I'm Gillem what's yours?"

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
Good to meet Ser Gillem, I am Ser Langley Woods, of house woods, previously of house Langward. In honor of our service, my father was given his own minor house, though we are still bannermen to House Langward and reside amongst them. It is my hope to be the first of our family to win the tournament. he responds, he is very gregacious and joyful.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Weyland grimaces when he is confronted by Ruben. He will stare hard at the man and nod to him. "So you were in league with them. I'll not forget this Lady Danett still lived when I escaped my death trap and she named her killers". Saying nothing further Ser Weylad does not resist the Goldcloaks simply telling them that despite appearances justice will prevail.

Weyland nods to the servant, "I thank you for this. Tell your employer that I will do whatever I can not only to clear my name but to bring the Danett's killers to justice".

Weyland moves swiftly through the streets of King's Landing. As a man who has visited this area of town to visit ladies of the night he knows his way around and keeps out of sight of the Goldcloacks whenever possible. Once he arrives at the brother he will ask for Daisy.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Ser Gillem

Spoiler:
"Well I will have to see about that when the time comes and wish you a great performance" as he takes another look around the bar "You have been given great honor, a banner house for yourself is amazing, I can't say the same for me, I will probably inherit my house and hope to find a suitable wife and a husband for my sister...." as he looks more closely at Ser Langley, "So you are single right, because I have a pretty sister in search of a husband "

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
Actually I have just been engaged to Marita Lugus, a fine woman. He seems happy at the prospect.

Weyland:
Slipping away during the tournament is not difficult. The streets are packed. When you meet daisy she gives back your equipment. From our mutual friend. You can stay here at night, but I won't be servicing you for free, and only come back here after dark. I work the days..

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
I just realized for somereason yours got stuck to Tarris and it wont let me edit anymore. Langley Woods is honorable man of a new house. He used to be a man at arms for House Langward. Recently his father was given his own house for services rendered to the King. Ser Langley is happy to be engaged, but it is not shared by his fiance who seems disinterested. Rumor is that she has another lover, but such rumors are common.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:
"Congratulations then, hopefully will see an invitation to such a great event."

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
Of corse of corse! Tell you what Let me invite you over to eat with us. Her family is having a feast in my honor, and I would like you to attend.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Uncertain how or if to act on such information, Salamae remains quiet and focused on her work. She keeps her ears open for any further information however, and is grateful for the walls of the tent that prevent her from seeing the nobles' bloodshed.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

GIllem

Spoiler:
I will be honored by such an invitation and happy to attend to it" as he raises his cup "Cheers for the wedding and luck"

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
You are busy at work when a nobel enters the tent. Are you sister Salamae? Assuming you say yes, I am Ser Orten of House Lugus, He says with a bow And I am here to humbly invite you to our feast to be held in two days. We are most greatful for your healing of the young lord of Tully, and would be honored to have somone of your grace attending. The young man bows again.

Gillem:
You have a good night with Ser Langly. The next day a courier drops a message at your room with an offical invitation for the feast to start in two days in honor of Ser Langly and the union of Ser Langly and Marita Lugus, and Ruben Piper and Iris Dannett. The last names are crossed out.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
I seem to keep posting right on top of you or vice versa and missing your posts. Give a roll Knowledge Nobility/Local for that informaion. They said he was a bandit and a traitor, he fled and was shot and sliced open by those heartless bastards. He looks around We can not talk here to many I no longer trust, I will travel with you on the morrow and continue this conversation, I assume ye be going to the castle?


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

"I did nothing more than what the Mother Herself would do, but I am grateful that you would show honor to the Seven as part of the feast, and if you request it of me, I would attend as their representative."

Salamae bides her tongue well, (so she thinks), and curties to the young knight. "Thank you, Ser, for your gracious invitation."

She lowers her head demurely as she speaks.


Male Human Fighter

I have neither of those skills.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
The young man responds Yes, please by all means represent the Seven at our feast. We would be honored for you to give the meal's grace.

Tarris:
You do not know Ham Flowers, and have only seen house Lugus in events such as these, they are a minor house of the south, you a minor of the north, so not much to do with eachother. Rog retires for the night and has a man guarding his room. Apparently he is a merchant of some renown. In the morning he continues his conversation with you on the road. I am grateful to travel with you good Lord, and so I do not impose myself on you let me offer you a few stags for the company He holds out 5 silver to you. I must appologize for my rudeness last night, the death of my friend was still fresh as was the effects of Gina's mead. He pauses, Um, now where were we?Oh yes House Lugus, well I have a surprise for that lot. I was invited to the Lugus/Dannett feast by House Danett , and I intend on attending. I may just give that Ruben Piper a piece of my mind.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Nay, keep your silver. Have care should you attend your feast. While some hold true to the old ways of honor and guest rights, I fear more and more are forsaking the ways of old. We didn't have a chance to talk the other night on your travel. A merchant I gather? Any wares with a good tale behind them? I've some gold and some trade. I should come with some gift to the Hand upon our arrival, as honor dictates.

Cheliax

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Yes, I am a merchant. If you were from the south you would probably have heard of me. I specialize in alcohol, which is how I got invited to House Danett's feast. I used to sell their apple honey mead. I intended on staying their on the way to King's landing, but alas it has been burned down.[/b] A tear comes down Rog's eys They were a good people the Danetts, and rich. It were no bandits that burned it down of that I assure you, something foul is at work here.
Anyways, yes have a look at my wares. You asked about something specific, well I have one thing a northerner like yourself might appreciate. I traded this for a full cask of my finest Dornish Wine.
He holds up a very nice Composite Bow(MW +3 str). other than that he has any basic items found in core, and extensive supply of alcohol and some alchemist kindness found in the APG(anti-hangover potion). I had intended to learn to use the thing, but I have no time for such fun, I have things to sell people to meet blah blah. I sometimes wish I had a simpler life[/b]


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
"I understand my Lady. I fear my energies will be consumed with other things at the present time but once my matters are cleared up I will be happy to visit you by day". Weyland smiles and kisses her hand. "Can you tell me who my mysterious benefactor is?"

He then dons his armor grimacing as he removes the symbols of his house knowing that the time for revealing himself wil come when he clears his name and damns the name of the Lugus and the snake Ruben.

Weyland heads out looking to gather information on the Lugus, Hamm Flowers, Ruben Piper, Lord Caldwell and any rumors of the lies being told about what happened to the Danetts. If possible he would also like to search for reasons why the Lugus would do what they did. For now I will roll Diplomacy unless you suggest some other roll.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

How much for the bow ser? I have little material wealth upon me in the form of coin but I may have trade if you'd prefer.

101 to 150 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Peril at King's Landing:Cripples,Bastards and Broken Things. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.