Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Peril at King's Landing

Game Master Nimon

The King is holding a tournament for his new Hand Ned Stark. You are invited to represent your house in the tournament.


51 to 100 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
You find that you are not the only guests at house Dannet. There is another man who is another Knight who is going to the tournament. He introduces himself as Lord Caldwell. There is also a merchant named Ruben Piper who is in tears and Lady Dannet is consuling him. Apparently Iris Dannet, the youngest daughter, was betrothed to Ruben, but has receanlty ran off. The Dannetts welcome you Ah Ser Weyland, good to have you in our home. This is not a pleasant time for a visit I am afraid. You ask about ham flowers away from Orten. Ham Flowers? Hmm, the name flowers does ring a bell, I think he fought for the Greyjoys during that failed rebellion. Can't say I have seen or heard of him recently. [perception roll] 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 is your DC.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
"The Greyjoys? Perhaps the person who was telling me about his skills had the man pegged wrong. While I am always looking for good men, those who serve on the wrong side of a war tend to be bad for appearances whether good with a sword or not".

I will address Lady Dannett, "My Lady I am sorry that such unpleasant times trouble you. Perhaps as I continue on my patrol I can make an effort to see if your daughter can be located. What does she look like? Is there anyone with whom she may have run off?"

After my encounter with Lady Dannett is complete I will seek out Lord Caldwell and ask him about where he hails from and whether he has heard or seen anything on the road which would suggest a band of men attacking travelers.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gille

Spoiler:

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Gillem comes back to the guards to gather more information on the poachers "When are they usually more active? How many of them are? What places have they been sighted?" hoping that he can hunt them down at their lair, once he figures out the places they have been seen, there should be a hint as to from were they move in between those places.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Ser Weyland:
Well since you rolled so well on your perception, finding Lord Caldwell is not hard, he is listening to your conversation with Lord Danett about Ham Flowers, though he is pretending he is not. Lady Dannett gives you a complete description of the daughter.

Gillem:
I can send one of my men to the place they were last reported, about two days ago. Like I said they are more active during the lesser cycles of the moon. Your knowledge religion roll makes you suspect that the moon cycles may play a part in their rituals, not just to mask them from sight.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I assure Lady Dannett that I will do what I can to assure her daughters safe return.

Once I am away from her I will approach Lord Caldwell, "Well met Lord Caldwell. I am Ser Weyland Wylde. I have heard you are journeying to compete in the tourney of the hand. I too will be entering as a jouster and perhaps in the duel as well. I am glad to meet you here on the road. Currently I am heading north to investigate rumors of banditry on the Kings Road, tell me can you verify any of these rumors?"

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
Banditry, yes I have also heard such rumors. Knights aren't the only thing attracted to tournaments I guess.I personally have not seen any, but our humble host would not have need of so many men to guard his farmland if the road was clear of bandits.. After a very nice meal and some Apple Honey Mead, Lady Danett will show you to your room, which is in the attic, but it set up as a very nice guest room.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I will lay down to rest but will sleep as lightly as possible with my arms at the ready. No armor though I don;t want to be sore for the next days ride.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:
Gillem will wait for the proper moon phase before taking his men to seek out these poachers. Men we must move silently as possible, we are hunting right now for this B&*^%$@^ so let's do our best on it. Don't try to catch them by your selves, spread out a bit and call fr help when needed."

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gilem:
Roll Survival check and a perception check.

Weyland:
Roll Perception Check +2 circumstance bonus since you are sleeping lightly. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 is your DC


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
You find tracks of 3 men. You track them and see a small fire ahead, almost completly concealed with a screen. If you want to charge in give me Initative, if you want to sneak in give me stealth.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
You are sleeping, then you start to hear and argument downstairs. There is a sudden thump under the attic door, and you start to hear screams.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:
Gillem commands his men to prepare for the charge and attack in a wide arc to cut their escape as best as possible. Once everything is in position he gives the signal and charges with his men.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
Initative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Your attack will go first. Go ahead and roll for companions as well, basic fighters 1 BaB +1 str/dex


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage Battleaxe 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Men-at-arms 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Do I roll for each one or just 1 roll?
Damage Longsword 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
I gave them a longsword or I have no idea what weapon they could carry if you want to change it

Dark Archive

Female Witch

Gillem:
That is fine, you miss your target but your men slaughter the poachers. There is another gory sceen this time involving a wolf. As you look at it everything seems to go black. Brave of you to charge at your fait so vigorously. Ahhh, nothing like fresh human blood against the night sky. Did you do this just to see me? So flatering. From out of the blackened void comes a form to match the seductive voice. It looks like a very attractive naked female, though she has horns protuding from her head like a goat.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

I did nothing but deliver the king's justice to some poachers, besides you are probably just some hallucination of mine..." doubting his words as it looks very real, but he tries to hold his wits about him.

Dark Archive

Female Witch

Gillem:
Shh. I am no illusion I assure you. For a second she disappears, then appears behind you. She caresses your face. I have been waiting for you. So strong, so confident. It should be you shouldn't it. Yes, yes it should. She kisses your cheek. Make Will Save.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
That wasn't good roll I suppose...
"What are you talking about" as Gillem startles by her disappearance "What kind of..." as his voice trails of when he is caressed not knowing how to react.

Dark Archive

Female Witch

Gillem:
So sorry about your men, but I like to be alone. I know you might not understand why I am doing this, I was a mortal once myself so I understand the strangness you must be experianceing. I need a champion, YOU shall be my champion. Sleep now. Nothing will hurt you in my woods, and do not attack my wolves, they are precious to me.You sleep, when you wake you are bathed in blood. Your sword is caked in blood and all of your men are slaughtered. There are dozens of fresh wolf tracks in the area. You close your eyes for a second to block out the gorey scene, and you get a glimpse of eating one of your men, you look around and other wolves are hungrily eating their fill. Mechanically, you Get +2 will save against mind controll, but -2 against Szinroc infuture. You have gained some animal senses, +2 perception/survival. While in the King's Wood, you have animal empathy and no animal will attack you. Be seeing you champion, fight well.


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Not fully understanding what happened and not even trying to make sense of it, he decided to at least take the heads of the poachers and leave the gory scene before him. "I didn't come here to kill wolves, I came for poachers" as he leaves the King's Woods back to bring back the heads of the poacher's. "I look horrible... I have never seen so much blood... and that weird taste... maybe some blood just spilled over me while I was unconscious?" as he finds himself thinking of what happened and a way to actually absorb such scene and that weird dream or vision.


Male Human Fighter

. . .


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:
Salamae clears her throat, as Maester Pycell has apparently gone back to reading some obscure piece of paper.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master
Tarris Mercer wrote:
. . .

Sorry friend, apparently you posted right after I did and it started a new page. If that happens in future assume I missed your post I am sorry.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
You are still in intiative, if you do not act quickly they will be to far away running at full withdrawl. You can fire a few shots and tend to the wounded(wich I think you had none from the horrible rolls I had

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
Sorry I think I misunderstood your last post. Are you leaving to go back with the milk of the poppy? In response to your quote he simply nods and says Yes my dear.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Gillem:
You stumble out of the forest onto the main road when a passing envoy sees you in the distance. Hail friend They say waving, as they get closer they see your bloody state. By the Seven! What has happened man speak! It is an envoy of knights of house Massey that you had seen befor in the village.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:
Ah, okay. I misunderstood too. Salamae accepts the vial with the milky fluid and bows to the Maester as she backs out of the room. With the treasure safely stored, she hurries back to the healers' tent.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
I don my armor as fast as possible, grab my weapons and hurry down the stairs listening to see if I can identify any voices. I want to have an idea what is going on so I know what to do before bursting through the door.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Salamae:
As you leave, you notice the Braavosi man you seen earlier coming out of Maester Pycell's office, is across the street. He sees that you see him and he looks away and joins a crowd going around the corner.

Weylad:
You get your things, and when you try to open the attic door, it is blocked.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Launch some pot shots at them as the flee, set camp and watches.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:
Not having the skills or the inclination to track someone through the streets of King's Landing, Salamae attempts to ignore the man. Though she does look down the road he turned the corner to to see if he is still visible.

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

Gillem arrives to his camp first to clean up before delivering the heads as proof of his success and getting ready to make an explanation about how it happened if asked


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
If there is nothing back in the attic I can use to break down the door I will attempt to kick it down. If that fails I will see what my options are for getting out on the roof or a window.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weylnd:
Str Roll to break down door.

Salamae:
You see the back of the Braavosi's head, as he turns into a brothel.

Gillem:
Ah, I see you handled the Huntsmen's poachers. Allow us the take you back to him in our company good sir, it would be our honor and you can tell us of your deed.

Tarris:
You take some shoots at them and the wildlings seem to run faster and scatter more.One of the wildlings had a very nice handaxe, made from Valarian steel.(MC-Valarian Steel Handaxe).Roll a heal check for your wounded man.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
Strength 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Weyland:
Well can't get much better than that!You kick just the right spot to dislodge that which was blocking the trap door from swinging down. It opens and smoke starts to fill the attic. The screams have stopped. This is kind of a crappy thing in the module to happen, I modified it to make more sense, and you are the only knight from the area. I am sorry, and it is not me picking on you, just want you be know.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Heal -
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

was that loot, the Valarian Steel Handaxe, on one of the wildings I dropped or one that ran away?


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Salamae shakes her head and returns to her duties, making the way back to the healers' tent.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
Yes that was loot from the dead. Your man continues to bleed for a while, and is not in condition to fight. Do you want to continue on the road or rest here?

Salamae:
Oh thank you my dear, you are so helpful. I hope you like it here in King's Landing. Another septon says as he is stalking the tent getting it ready for the tournament.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Loot what I can/need from the dead. Set up camp here, tend to my man.
Anyone better suited to bind these wounds?
If no one is then continue to aid the wounded man while leaving the other 3 men-at-arms on watch and Ethan is tending to the animals.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
1d100 ⇒ 37 Gave you 50% chance, but your men are more suited to cause wounds then tend them. You set up camp.All night you can hear wolves howling more than is normal, but other than that the night is uneventful. Your man is ok to ride, but is fatigued until he can get some proper medical care. Other than the axe, the wildlings had nothing of worth.


Male Human Fighter

Tarris:

Continue along, watching out for my wounded man. Keep heading to meet up with the folks in Winterfell.


Male Human Cavalier - 2

Ser Weyland:
No worries I kind of expected a fire it at least an attack, this scenario is why we play RPGs!

Ser Weyland rips a piece of bus cloak off and douses it with water from his waterskin to cover his face and cut down on smoke inhalation. He then proceeds to locate anyone who may be injured on this floor but especially the Lord and Lady of the House. If the smoke and fire are too much though he will look for a way down.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

Salamae nnds her head. "It has been a long time since I have been here. I am only glad to be of service once again."


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:

It's an experience I care not to repeat thinks Gillem as he finishes washing himself and going to the authorities with the evidence of hi"success". Here are the heads of those poachers and you forgot to mention they had some wolves for companions... it was a tough fight, but in the end the King's justice was done." confident in this explanation would suffice to explain.

Dark Archive

Male Human Dungeon Master

Tarris:
You reach a small village by the end of the day. There is a local Septon, who aids the wounded man. Apparently the wildlings you encountered had been raiding the area for some time, and they are glad to hear that at least half of them will no longer be a threat.

Weyland:
You see a wounded figure in the smoke. You run over and it is the Lady of the House. You pull her face to yours as she motions she wants to tell you something. Damm the Lugus. She passes out in your arms, her wounds are obviously mortal even to the most inept at healing. The Cellar explodes and heat rushes over you. Fire and a brewery make a volatile mix. You run out of farmstead, and see the Lugus and Lord Caldwell riding off. Your horse is still stabled, but the stable is on fire as well.

Salamae:
Glad to hear it my dear. Some people have trouble with the adjustment. The Septon opens her mouth to continue talking when he is interupted by a Gold Cloak rushing into the tent holding a child. He has been trampled, he got to close watching some men practicing for the joust. I need heal check, Knowledge Nobility, Sense Motive. [/b]

Gillem:
My Lord, I am glad you have taken care of the poachers. I had not known they had wolves with them, the only men that fight amoungst wolves that I know of is that lot from the north. Here is your coin My Lord.


Female Human Cleric of the Seven 2

Salamae:

"Let me see the lad."

Heal
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Knowledge (Nobility)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Sense Motive
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

"Who is the boy? Anyone important?"


Male Human (Westeros) Cavalier (Emissary) 2

Gillem

Spoiler:
[b]Doesn't matter were they are from, what matters is that they are gone... I must be off to the tournament wish me luck[b] as he grabs his reward and leaves to go back to rest amongst his men were he ponders what happened after he lost consciousness.

51 to 100 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Peril at King's Landing:Cripples,Bastards and Broken Things. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.