Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Peacemaker Campaign Saga" for the Shadowlands Campaign Setting

Game Master BlackStarStudios

The game begins in Mtol Daerine, the largest and most cosmopolitan city in Saemyyr and the home of the Brotherhood of Magus. A murder is committed with ties back to the Brotherhood and a mysterious death which occurred five years ago.


751 to 788 of 788 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

I'm hoping my stealthy ability will allow me to maneuver for a sneak attack...


I was just letting Thomi's previous 22 Stealth "ride", unless there was a new reason to make a Stealth check.

Right now Initiative looks like:

  • 23-Aegwyn
  • 22-Thomi
  • 18-Controlled Saklasi #1
  • 15-Controlled Saklasi #2
  • 13-Toranindracar
  • 11-Controlled Saklasi #3

Still waiting for Varan & Bijannar to enter the fray!


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

And here's a map (click here) showing where the guys are (I thnk I got the scale right, but correct me if not)

I guess Thomi is by the door with Aegwyn right behind?


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

"Blast it!" I shout in frustration.

I look at the others.

"Literally -- blast it! Unless I'm wrong, and I am never wrong, those barrels are explosive!"


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Bijannar, who had a spell readied (and isn't surprised) steps into the doorway and targets all three men with his spell. (Assuming they're grouped together - as per the map - he'll target all three. Otherwise, he targets the two on the left.).

Spellcraft DC 17:
glitterdust, DC 16 Will save.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for Bijannar's initiative roll!!

And it looks like I'll get my spell off before they go!

GM:
Almost forgot my spell failure chance. 0-5% chance I loose the spell on a d100. 1d100 ⇒ 24 And I'm GOOD! Boooooyaaaaa! Bring on the failed Will saves and BLINDNESS!!!


So we've got:


  • 23-Aegwyn
  • 22-Thomi
  • 20-Bijannar
  • 18-Controlled Saklasi #1
  • 15-Controlled Saklasi #2
  • 13-Toranindracar
  • 11-Controlled Saklasi #3

Varan?


Also - please let me know if you want any more details about the room and if you guys are planning on entering once combat breaks out. Right now, as I understand it, the party order is: Thomi (right adjacent to the door), Aegwyn (shield ready right behind him), Bijannar, Toranindracar, Varan <?>


Male Human (Dardish ethnicity) Antipaladin 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Varan will attempt to interpose himself between the threat and the squishier members of the party, and attack when he’s got the opportunity.


Varan’s in! Here’s Initiative – Who does what?

• 23-Aegwyn
• 22-Thomi
• 21 - Varan
• 20-Bijannar
• 18-Controlled Saklasi #1
• 15-Controlled Saklasi #2
• 13-Toranindracar
• 11-Controlled Saklasi #3

Also, I failed to mention that there is a 10-foot diameter raised marble dias portion, roughly 8 inches high and with a silver band at the top. This is what the 3 guys are camped out on top of. The walls in the room are covered in frescoes and carvings, as is the dome itself up to roughly 2/3rds the height.


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

The winds whip around Aegwyn and her eyes flash. The air shimmers between as she commands the winds to assault the senses of the nearest foe.

Will DC 17:
Gift of Madness, save or be confused for 1 round

She then steps back to allow the others to get through.


If this were an actual face-to-face gaming session I would have this song cued up to the 6 minute mark and ready to play for this scene: http://youtu.be/bXmwq53lyoo

Aegwyn's eyes flash as a powerful gust of icy wind blows down the corridor you are standing in and gales down from the opening in the top of the dome. Dust and debris fly everywhere, a cloud of ash hangs in the air above the fire for seconds and slowly starts to come down, as if time had slowed for just one instant.

The feint lantern light seems to dim ever so imperceptibly around the first Saklas follower and you swear that for a moment you see a ripple in space itself. Still holding the grappling hook in his left hand, he very intentionally drops the sword from his right hand and smiles in the direction of the door (Saklasi #1 Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20).

Could everyone except Thomi (whose amazing previous roll I will let ride) roll either a passive or active (in place of a move action) Perception check?


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Passive Perception: 26


If your Perception score is over 25-READ THIS:
As the winds tore around Aegwyn and into the room they also dislodged a fair amount of debris in the hallway. As a result laying right next to Aegwyn's foot has come to rest what appears to be a single, very small, gambling die.

Additionally, you notice something you hadn't caught before about the dark robed Saklas worshiper who just dropped his sword. When you first opened the door he was swinging the grappling hook as if to throw it up, toward the hole in the ceiling. But now you see that that action doesn't make sense. Tied onto the grappling hook (which is attached to a rope ladder) is a very fine thin twine which you see coils down to the ground and then back up and is tied to a bolt loaded into a heavy crossbow which is on top of one of the barrels.

Toranindracar only:
You are absolutely certain that the die next to Aegwyn's foot is yours and you are fairly certain that you did not lose it and that it is still in your pouch where you left it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Ah nuts


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

I'm so confused by what just happened and why. Thomi, you're up!


Which part? Admittedly it's designed to be confusing and catch you off guard, but I don't want it to be because I wasn't clear.

Thomi- You're up!


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn attacked them with her special Oracle-ness, and they shrugged it off. Now they're attacking. Though why they dropped their sword is anyone's guess.


Aegwyn's got the most of it, although Toranindracar has a few more pieces now to complete the image of the puzzle that is forming. :-) <GM rubs hands together>


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

GM:
Some things I don't understand:
-- the connection between the grappling hook, the ceiling aperture, the rope, the rope-ladder, the twine, the crossbow, etc. I'm confused about where these things are, how they're connected and why. Does it look they were in the midst of setting up a crossbow trap, but hadn't finished yet, which is why the twine is still coiled up with plenty of slack?
-- the die on the ground, which apparently wasn't part of Aegwyn's intended spell effect (and which she apparently didn't even notice). You said I'm fairly sure the die is still in my pack, even though I see it on the ground. So are you saying Toranindracar believes it's a copy? or maybe an illusion?
-- so the guy just dropped his sword, smiled, and continues to just stand there and smile? He's not approaching? This seems like odd behavior, even for someone controlled, but it seems like we're supposed to be confused about that, so that's probably okay.
-- So are two guys approaching, but the third is standing there? Or maybe all three are approaching? :)


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Regardless:
Can I read what number came up on the die? This feels important.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

GM:
Before I take action, I would like to see if I can determine exactly what these foes are attempting to rig up and, if there is a way I can sneak in and disrupt or disable anything harmful that is being constructed. If my skill knowledge is successful in providing sufficient information, it may determine an action other than attacking someone.

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Toranindracar:
Before Aegwyn cast her spell: Three men were standing in the middle of the room. One of them was standing next to a barrel and holding a grappling hook, swinging it, and looking up at the hole in the ceiling, as if he was throwing it. The man next to him was modifying the rope ladder that is attached to the grappling hook and it's rope. The third man was doing nothing except keeping watch.

After Aegwyn cast her spell- all three men immediately draw their weapons. Then the man who is still holding the grappling hook in his left hand, dropped his sword (as a free action), and turned to you all and smiled. The man in the middle dropped the rope ladder. None of them have moved other than to draw their weapons. Only a few seconds have passed since Aegwyn cast her spell. Thomi is next in the initiative order.

If you like you can (as a swift action) pick up the die next to her foot. It's landed with the one pip facing up. You note that unlike your current die, this one has had an "X" carved through the one-pip. Something about it is unnerving you (you can make either a Perception check or Sense Motive on your own initiative turn), although that would be a move action.

Does that help clear everything up?


Thomi- Since Aegwyn's spell, it looks like they have already been disrupted. They seemed to be trying to construct a rope ladder up to the large opening up in the top of the dome. Right now the three of them have drawn their blades and are waiting for you, although one of them (the one still holding the grappling hook has intentionally dropped his). No knowledge of dungeoneering required, I'll let that ride from your Perception check. You still have all of your actions left for your turn in the initiative.

Toranindracar-let me know if you want to spend a move action to pick up the die and examine it in detail.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

Movement: I'm going to stealthily (I hope) slide into the room and angle along the north wall to see if I can move around and get close to one of them. If my movement is sufficient (can't tell exactly from the map), then I will attack the closest. Hopefully it will catch him flat-footed.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: Gladius 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage: Sneak Attack: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10


I made a mistake in rolling their initiative (it's a +3 not a +7). All of you act before they do. Their Will is, however, still an insanely high +10.

Thomi disappears like a shadow into the darkened room and slides along the wall until he finally is lost in darkness only to re-emerge as the Saklasi screams in pain and surprise as Thomi's blade slices through the dark robes and banded mail.

First blood to Thomi!
Since Bijannar already announced he was casting a spell, I'm going to continue with that (although Jaye, feel free to change your action if that's not what you wanted to do).

Bijannar incants the final words of the ancient Brotherhood formula as he lets a fine spray of ground mica fall from his hands and tosses it dramatically in the direction of the three hooded guards. Suddenly a burst of glittering dust descends from the dome and covers the three men and outlines the shadowy form of Thomi who is murderously standing behind one of the men. The sparkling dust explodes a hue of golden light reflected from the two hooded lanterns.

Saklasi #1 Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Saklasi #2 Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Saklasi #3 Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Despite the glittering dance of a thousand tiny suns in the room, the three men seem undisturbed by the display, although each (and Thomi) is now covered in a layer of the golden dust.

Varan- you're up!


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Bijannar mutters to himself.... "Well hell.... didn't expect the rogue to rush right in...."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Perception check.


Looks like it's party time. Varan what do you do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Bijannar smiles at his party and says, "Well, at least Thomi is going to look fabulous as he murders these fools."


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

"Thomi?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

"Yes?"


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

"You gonna kill those guys?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

"You have a different plan?"


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

"Well I wasn't going to invite them home for sweet cakes and tea."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

"I have something in my eye...."


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

"That might be the sparkling golddust I summoned to blind our enemies.... Sorry."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

"My noses itches..."


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

"Don't blame me. I don't do itchy noses."


It's still Varan's go at it, let's see how the party does. If Varan doesn't respond, he can hold his turn and the rest of your sparkly adventurers can go!

751 to 788 of 788 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Peacemaker Campaign Saga" for the Shadowlands Campaign Setting All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.