Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

"Peacemaker Campaign Saga" for the Shadowlands Campaign Setting

Game Master BlackStarStudios

The game begins in Mtol Daerine, the largest and most cosmopolitan city in Saemyyr and the home of the Brotherhood of Magus. A murder is committed with ties back to the Brotherhood and a mysterious death which occurred five years ago.


51 to 100 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Also just to follow up, Aegwyn, you've been trying not to be noticed, so it was difficult to really tell whether or not the two Adepti were looking for anyone (i.e. your low Sense Motive roll). The Dardishman seems to be sitting there quietly and contentedly (perhaps even with gusto) enjoying his wine and meal.


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Sorry, not trying to hide my presence - just my interest in the new arrivals.


Aegwyn wrote:
Sorry, not trying to hide my presence - just my interest in the new arrivals.

Gotcha! In that case he knows you are there but you don't seem at all to be interested!


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Hearing the bard (for the bard, Gwythyr, Tor now indeed believes him to be) speaking to 'Aegwyn' -- a name he's heard before -- Toranindracar waves to the dæthol and the Valgaardian...

"Ahem! I can't help but think you must be the very man I've come here to see -- Gwythyr Delwyn? And Aegwyn of Valgaard, perhaps? Call me Zairitem Toranindracar, pleasured. This is my associate, Dogsbody. I believe we may have a mutual friend: the Ratush Navza'ar of the Brotherhood. I don't suppose you'd mind if we joined you?"

Before he finishes his question, Toranindracar sits down with the dæthol and the Valgaardian, puffing away on his pipe.

GM:
As we talk, I'm speaking loudly, but taking careful note of anyone around who seems interested in what we have to say, including the employees. Assuming my 30 Sense Motive will ride....


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn raises an eyebrow at the presumption of Toranindracar.

I know Ratush Navza'ar. To what do we owe the pleasure?


Male Human (Dardish ethnicity) Antipaladin 5

Varan spares a quick glance over at the exchange between Toranindracar and Aegwyn, though he doesn’t stare and he certainly doesn’t intrude – it’s more a casual interest in the unexpected. He does, however, seem to take note of the fact that there are two Brotherhood members in the establishment.


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Well, a lovely meal, for starters. I'm quite sure I've heard all across Mtol Dærine that The Scarlet Strumpet has the finest steak.

(Sarcasm Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13)

Toranindracar takes occasion to scowl, looking around for that server with his steak.

But perhaps more pressingly, we seek a fellow Brother, who hasn't reported to any of his fellows, causing some concern. His name is Kal'ishal -- a young Domani man, recently inducted to the Order of Lux -- the whiterobes, you know? I suppose I had hoped one of you might be able to offer some help of any sort as we search for the wee lad. Navza'ar mentioned your names...


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

[b]Interesting - I've worked with Navza'ar before. He's a resourceful man - what do you know about the missing brother?[\b]


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Hmm... Well, it seems he was down on his luck -- or possibly just down on himself -- and had taken to drink, which was uncharacteristic for him. He had, of course, just recently been put on leave by the Brotherhood, due to having royally failed his first mission for the Order. One might assume he had grown depressed and fallen in with the wrong sort, you know. Word is that he had begun to see a dæthol girl, er ... romantically. I don't suppose you've heard of him? Any thoughts that might help, perhaps? Again, his name is Kal'ishal.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

I'm sitting in the back of the room observing the patrons with interest.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

I don't know anyone of that name, but I can ask around and follow the winds, and see what clues they blow my way. Is this a formal commission? I've always had a standard rate with Navza'ar before - does that apply here?

Untrained knowledge local [roll]1d20[/roll] just in case Kal'ishal rings a bell, and I'll sense motive on Toranindracar to see if there's anything he's not telling me about this job [roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

My ears perk up at the mention of Kal'ishal's name. It seems I'm not the only person looking for him. Who are these persons, and why the common interest in a Brother with a weakness for drink?

Now I have a quandry, and must figure out a course of action:

-> Do I interject myself in this conversation (risking having to bluff the reason a scruffy stranger such as myself has an interest in the whereabouts of a member of the Brotherhood of Magus)?

-> Do I continue to eavesdrop and see what develops (the course with least risk at the moment)?

-> Do I sneak over the Kal'ishal's home and case the place out before this strange crowd shows up?

I'll continue to listen and see what develops...


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Thomi, if you want to feign disinterest (rather than, say, hiding under the table) you probably want to use Bluff, though of course it's GM's call!

Ah.... 'follow the winds'? I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific. My friend Navza'ar wasn't clear on precisely how you might help. A commission isn't out of the question -- in fact, as I'm sure you know, we belong to an organization that has considerable assets at our disposal. But we'd need some measure of confidence in your abilities before we could afford to spend Brotherhood funds to 'follow the winds'. Naturally.


Toranindracar - you fail to appreciably notice the man in the brown leathers in the corner, or at least, you see that there is someone there, but he seems to just be minding his own business like the other patrons.


Gwythyr chimes in, his voice a melodic timbre of silver: "Excuse me Brother Toranindracar, but I am acquainted with the individuals of whom you speak and could probably provide you with some information. I too had heard that Kal'ishal had not been seen in some time. The woman you are seeking is named Anwyn, an Aríannaith, what you would call in your tongue a 'speaker of the stars', although that is not quite how we refer to such subtle entities. I do not think it would betray her trust to confirm to you that she was close to Kal'ishal. You will forgive me if I might be a little reticent in betraying her trust. She is of the Aríannaith and they have their ways, she is, no less, of a higher caste than I, and is one whom I might consider friend, were it not impertinent to do so."


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Bijannar, up until this point, has remained silent and stood, casually, just behind Toranindracar. At the mention of Dogsbody, he smiles wryly and eyes the tegan for a second before returning his gaze to the two folks before him.

GM:
I'm also scanning the crowd. Perception skill check = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10. Please keep my results inside the spoiler, if you don't mind. As Aegwyn speaks, I also evaluate her words (as per my instincts), trying to deduce her intent and honesty. Sense Motive skill check = 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9. Again, please note anything that jumps out at me in a spoiler. By the way, you want to do this for other player characters, too. If you're looking to build intrigue, keeping what folks know and don't know a secret is probably paramount. Most folks don't know, for instance, when they've failed or passed a Sense Motive skill check. In fact, if someone fails by 5 or more, there is a chance they infer the wrong message (when discerning secret messages, for example). What you want to do, of course, is your prerogative.EDIT: See, I'm pretty sure I didn't notice anyone else in the tavern, completely taken in by the game of draughts. And as far as the Valgaardian women is concerned, she sounds super trustworthy!

"This women sounds very trustworthy. Surely, if Navza'ar has employed her, her skills must be of the highest caliber."


Bijannar:
Thanks, I had considered already all of that. You don't notice anything beyond what you already wrote.


Aegwyn wrote:

I don't know anyone of that name, but I can ask around and follow the winds, and see what clues they blow my way. Is this a formal commission? I've always had a standard rate with Navza'ar before - does that apply here?

Untrained knowledge local [roll]1d20[/roll] just in case Kal'ishal rings a bell, and I'll sense motive on Toranindracar to see if there's anything he's not telling me about this job [roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Aegwyn:
The results of your roll unfortunately didn't come out. My guess is that after Gwythyr's comment, the Knowledge (local) won't matter as much, but the Sense Motive might. Although given what Aegwyn knows about the Brotherhood, she can probably just assume that there is something that Toranindracar is not telling her.

Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Guys, dice rolls are formatted [ dice]1d20+bonus [/ dice] (without the spaces).

GM:
Okay, just checking. By the way, based on the conversation I was probably focused on (the religious/philosophical debate), what factions are currently debating? Knowledge (religion) skill check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13. Well f'cky-f'ck... I just can't roll to save my skin today.


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn nods to Bijannar, Thank you sir.

Turning to Toranindracar
I am augur. I listen to the winds and, guided by Taras, they tell me things. But it seems that Gwythyr knows more of this than I.

Jaye/GM:
Nuts, that was a fallback on old maptool macro habits. Thanks for the catch.

For posterity: untrained knowledge local 1d20 ⇒ 7 just in case Kal'ishal rings a bell, and I'll sense motive on Toranindracar to see if there's anything he's not telling me about this job 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

Thinking...:

So. Gwythyr knows Kal'ishal, and has provided the identity of the lady friend. This interchange is providing several bits of valuable information. Gwythyr and I are acquainted, perhaps I can approach him and ask for an introduction.

An "Augur?" She's a comely lass, but her hair keeps moving of its own accord! What kind of a mess have I gotten myself into? I should have known the Hand wanted an independent agent for this job because they wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Lucky me.

Time to make my presence known.

I tamp out my pipe and slowly approach the group.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

"Gwythyr! There are many miles along the road since I saw you last. You certainly have come up in the world, I'm thinking, to be in the presence of such distinguished company."


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Bijannar looks at the new human, his pipe in hand, and raises an eyebrow. "It seems this district brings strange angles together."

GM:
Sense Motive on the new guy. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19. Also, I'm going to give a quick Perception skill check, see if he's openly carrying a weapon. Perception skill check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

GM:
Yep, totally sensing motive on this guy, and on Gwythyr to gauge his reaction to the new arrival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. I'm also going to look around the room and see if anyone else here is paying this impromptu gathering much attention. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Toranindracar smirks at Bijannar's comment, gives a faint nod, and assumes Thomi is merely catching up with his old friend Gwythyr, and not taking part in the conversation. He turns to Aegwyn to let them catch up.

To Aegwyn: Magnificent! An augur. Now I find I'm very curious to see this process in action. This god, Taras, speaks to you through the wind, you say? And grants you information on specific questions? Fascinating. We're looking for any help we can get on this assignment. Gwythyr may help us, but I think if we can see this augury ourselves, we should like to make use of your abilities as well....

GM:
I'm skeptical of the "augur", naturally, and possibly a bit amused. I believe most likely either (1) she's loony, and paying credence to random winds that have nothing to do with anything spiritual, (2) she's somehow unconsciously performing wind magic (or mentalism?) and attributing it to some god, or (even more interestingly) (3) she's in the grips of some magical being, whose motives may be questionable. Definitely interested in investigating further.


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn smiles at Toranindracar. You already have - of all the bars in Mtol Daerine, why else would I be sitting right here, right now when you needed an augur to find a missing brother?

No need trouble with augury at this point - I'd suggest we talk to Anwyn, surely she's the likeliest person to have seen Kal'ishal last? Also, I'm assuming you checked his place? Someone that far gone in depression could easily drink himself into a stupor and not emerge for days. In the north, there are some who last the whole winter like that.

GM/Thinking...:
Aegwyn's used to skepticism, especially after working with Navza'ar, but isn't going to perform on cue like a dancing bear.

She's also going to grit her teeth at the "This god, Taras" comment - don't they teach the brotherhood adepts anything? I'd have thought a basic familiarity with the major deities that shape the world and the fates of men would have been somewhere on that curriculum.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

I glance at Aegwyn, a slight smile on my lips.

Thinking...:

Well, well! The kitten has claws!

Knowledge (local):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Kal'ishal you say? I know of him. Indeed, there is no need of augury -- I know where he resides. Gwythyr, perhaps you can introduce me to your charming lady friend...


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn raises her tankard,

Aegwyn Jarlsdoter - and you are? I'm curious that you just happened to be within earshot of a conversation about a missing brother. What brings you here at this time of day?

Thinking...:
With his worn leathers and with that gladius, this one has a more temporal source of information.


Gwythyr seems a bit taken aback by all of the sudden talk and movement and leans back against the counter of the bar and pulls out a pipe of his own.

"Friends, my people are a slow and careful people, and we have most of us just met. Aegwyn shows the wisdom of the gods when she says that we, all of us, have come together at the same time in the same place in Mtol Daerine to find your missing Brother. I fear though that my assistance at this point in the gambit may come to a close. I do not know where Kal'ishal makes his home, except that it is in the Lesser Ward, not far from the Emerald Inn. I will tell you that Anwyn can often be found at the shrine of Naillüwé in the Temple District, for she is a servant of that divine goddess. She currently has taken residence at Treetops, a somewhat exclusive locale in the Sylvan District. She was often to be found with Kal'ishal at the Emerald Inn, but since they parted ways, I do not think she has been back. Truth be told, I have not seen much of her since that time."

Aegwyn:
  • Knowledge (local): Kal'ishal?! That's clearly not a Daerine name, why would they be looking here?
  • Sense Motive on Tor: Toranindracar is definitely hiding something, although it seems more like reserve than hiding a big secret.
  • Sense Motive on Gwythyr: Seems glad to welcome this new coming individual
  • Perception - The two young men glance up, a mixture of curiosity and irritation. The bar keep is becoming a little anxious and apprehensive. The dark knight in the center hasn't really moved or eased the smile from around his lunch.

Bijannar:
  • Sense Motive on Thomi: He's been waiting for an "in" to the conversation and found his chance.
  • Perception - He's carrying a bandolier of knives and his armor is rigged for combat

Thomi:
  • Knowledge (local): You think back to what you know about Kal'ishal, the Emerald Inn, and all you've heard. You could probably, with about an hour's work, get yourself from the Emerald Inn to Kal'ishal's apartments (even though you've never been there before).


Male Human (Dardish ethnicity) Antipaladin 5

Varan downs the rest of his cup of wine, pushes aside his small earthenware plate, and rises. He approaches the small gathering, bowing his head graciously and addressing the group, with something of an aristocratic note in his voice, “Please, forgive my impertinence and my interruption – I could not help but to overhear your conversation, and I believe that we may all be looking for the same person. This dæthol woman, Anwyn… she is of interest to me, as well.

He smiles disarmingly, his pleasant expression a stark contrast to his heavy dark armor. “Ah, but where are my manners? I am Varan Urquman and, if I may be so presumptuous, I would ask to accompany you on this errand.” His hand strays to the hilt of his sword for just a moment, and his smile no longer looks quite so pleasant. “I have been given reason to believe that the way may be perilous, and, after the events of this morning, my blade is thirsty…


The bar keep of the Strumpet comes over to you all, wiping or wringing his hands inside a dirty cloth and says: "Friends, your company has grown quite large! You've friends old and new! Perhaps you'd all like a larger table, toward the back? Brothers, please, welcome to the Scarlet Strumpet, I want now trouble and I harbor no renegades, so you need not fear me on that point. If there's anything I can do to help I will, I just don't want any trouble.... Or explosions." The last bit muttered under his breath.


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

Nods to Varan, sizing him up.

To the bar keep (dismissively):
Yes, yes, a larger table, certainly -- as long as it has a high chair...and, ah, the steak!

To Gwythyr:
Now, did you say the two parted ways before Kal'ishal's disappearance? Some sort of disagreement, perhaps?


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

In response to the innkeeper's last comment, Bijannar lets out a little chuckle. "Heh, explosions..." He says with a smile.


The bar keep: I think that table in the back will serve you all just fine, enough for you six. And yes, of course, the steak. Right away. Anything else? Just please sirs, I mean no trouble with the Brotherhood and want no ill fortune brought to the Strumpet" He looks around the main room nervously and moves to usher you all toward the back table.

Gwythyr, walking towards the table: "Truly, I cannot say because I do not know," he runs a hand through his long dark hair and rubs the back of his neck, "Surly you know Brother Toranindracar the respect my people owe to the sons and daughters of Magus. Anwyn is of the Aríannaith and I of the Qwayraith and while it is true that outside the Homeland, we daetholayn come together more and the rules and strictures of caste and clan are eased, still, I did not know her as well as I would have liked. I can imagine though, that for Kal'ishal and Anwyn, as between any lovers, the abyss between human and daethol is not an easy one to cross. Moreover, you know, as I said, the respect all daetholayn give to the Brotherhood, but, I would guess, that his status could not have been an easy thing for her. In the Homeland our attitude to the Brotherhood is...complicated. But yes, as I understand it, they parted ways before he went missing. A tearful affair, witnessed in the Sylvan District, or so I am told.".

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

I am known simply as Thomi. My talents are...diverse, and useful...and mostly benign in nature. In this city, information can be more valuable than gold.

GM:

Roll to oppose attempts to discern the nature of my tools and profession. Sleight of Hand:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human (Karsab ethnicity) Brotherhood Adept 4/Aristocrat 1

Once the others have sat, Bijannar casually walks back over to the innkeeper and speaks to hin in a low tone.

To the innkeeper:
"If you have a trusted runner, an errand boy you keep on staff, send for him. I've some coins for him with two names attached." When the runner arrives, Bijannar will once again step away, give the runner his coin, and ask him to seek out Kazul the Fire-Dancer at the Tradeway Tavern. The runner is to ask Kazul what he can share about Anwyn the Aríannaith - if he knows of her at all. Then, he is to return that information to me immediately - discretely.

After speaking with the innkeeper, Bijannar returns to the table and listens to the conversation. He pays particular attention to Gwythyr.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

All: Thanks to the awesome efforts of Jon Roberts (Aegwyn) and Fantastic Maps, you can now find a map of Mtol Daerine, with pushpins of locations, up on the Fantastic Mapper site, here: "Peacemaker Campaign"


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

To Gwythyr:
Curious.

To all:
Perhaps some sharing of knowledge is in order. It seems many of us search for Kal'ishal, and you [Varan] seek his recent lover. But each one knows a different part of the story....

To Varan:
For example, you say Anwyn is of interest to you. What interest precisely is that? Is she lost as well? How do you know her? Do you know anything of Kal'ishal as well then?

To Thomi:
And Thomi... You know of Kal'ishal, but how? How much do you know of him, and what can you tell us about his recent past? If you know where he lives, you must have been a close friend, no?

To all:
Do tell!

Toranindracar refills his pipe and puffs away, his eyes smiling.

GM:
Let me know if I've picked up any tidbits about the various people here -- types of comments or attitudes that have annoyed, soothed, or impressed them, etc, and anything I might have noticed about motivations or general modi operandi!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

The pushpins won't be public just yet, but they will be really soon! The map will be though.


Toranindracar:
Can you make Perception and Sense Motives checks? Just one of each and will count as fulfilling your Instinct. If you chose to sit quietly, observing, for a minute, or up to ten (I know I am being extreme, but you need to really concentrate and observe), you could take either 10 or 20.

Toranindracar wrote:

To Gwythyr:

Curious.

To all:
Perhaps some sharing of knowledge is in order. It seems many of us search for Kal'ishal, and you [Varan] seek his recent lover. But each one knows a different part of the story....

To Varan:
For example, you say Anwyn is of interest to you. What interest precisely is that? Is she lost as well? How do you know her? Do you know anything of Kal'ishal as well then?

To Thomi:
And Thomi... You know of Kal'ishal, but how? How much do you know of him, and what can you tell us about his recent past? If you know where he lives, you must have been a close friend, no?

To all:
Do tell!

Toranindracar refills his pipe and puffs away, his eyes smiling.

** spoiler omitted **

Grand Lodge

Male Human Level 5 Rogue

My interest in Kal'ishal is purely for the completion of a task. I have a message for his ears only, and do not receive payment until it is delivered. As for his lady friend, I have no knowledge that is useful.

I see no purpose in trying to locate this "Anwyn", when we could visit Kal'ishal at his residence. No one seems to have seen him for days, and he has not been visiting his usual haunts, so my suggestion is to see if he is at home.

Thinking:

The taller Brother appears to have a very fat purse. He would be less encumbered if its weight were reduced...


Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

GM:
For sure, just getting a feel for how long you want to "let it ride"...
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Male Human (Dardish ethnicity) Antipaladin 5

Varan looks to Toranindracar, “Anwyn may possess some information that I require.” He shrugs slightly. “As to this Kal’ishal, the name is unknown to me and, as far as I know, I have no business with the man. If finding him can potentially lead to Anwyn, however… well, I’m not precisely pressed for time, at the moment.


Female Human (Valgaard) Oracle 5

Aegwyn takes a seat, one close to the door and across from Varan.

"And what exactly is your business with Anwyn? She is a friend of Gwythyr and it would be ... rude to bring trouble to her door unwanted."

She gestures to the two Brothers. "These two have made their motives clear, they need to find a missing Brother, and I will help them out as part of my arrangement with Navza’ar. But yourself and Thomi just indicate that you have 'reasons' to find these people. I'm not sure I'm willing to help strangers find people who may not have vanished, but rather don't want to be found."

GM:
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 on Varan to see how he handles those questions.


Male Human (Dardish ethnicity) Antipaladin 5

Varan nods understandingly to Aegwyn, even as he takes his seat. “As I said, all that I need from her is information. I mean her no harm, if that’s what you’re asking. My understanding is that she may be able to offer me a lead on a group that I need to find. Or, if not her, then maybe Kal’ishal?


Toranindracar wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
Toranindracar:
I think that these checks would only Ride for the duration of the scene at the table, maybe up until you all leave to your next destination, although certainly given the Mahrka memory training, you would be able to refer back to it. Here is what you pick up:[list]
  • Aegwyn seems annoyed by your blatant ignorance about religion but intrigued by the job. She thinks she knows more than you do and that you're silly for questioning her. She does have a point about wind, weirdly. Her hair is always blowing slightly.
  • Varan seems to be motivated by some sort of mission, you would guess, given that he is wearing an Ialdabaoth sigil that it is probably related to his religion. It is slightly unusual that an Ialdabaoth worshiper would take no interest at all in the Brotherhood, or at least, that's the impression you've been given about them. His bearing marks him as a warrior of some sort although you can't be sure of his function in the religion.
  • Thomi - it's strange that someone would pay him to "deliver" a message to a Brotherhood of Lux member, much less a member of the Brotherhood. Further, Thomi stated that he was old friends with Gwythyr who *probably* knows Kal'ishal, an odd connection. What message needs to be delivered and from whom? A quick scan of his equipment proves that he carries multiple small weapons, has numerous pouches, and his gear has been outfitted for minimum amount of clanking.
  • Bijannar seems oddly composed despite his bumbling social skills.
  • Gwythyr is clearly hung over but is also either both very suspicious or knows something he isn't letting on.

  • Varan Urquman wrote:
    Varan nods understandingly to Aegwyn, even as he takes his seat. “As I said, all that I need from her is information. I mean her no harm, if that’s what you’re asking. My understanding is that she may be able to offer me a lead on a group that I need to find. Or, if not her, then maybe Kal’ishal?

    Varan:
    Are you trying to hide your motives in any way? It doesn't seem like you are, but if you *are*, would you mind rolling a Bluff check?

    Male Belaran Tegan (Halfling) nomad Brotherhood Adept 5 (Order of Mahrka)

    To Varan:
    So, what's the story, and what's the nature of this information you seek from her? What pointed you to her, and what leads you to believe she may have this information? If she's a friend of Gwythyr, perhaps he can help, or perhaps the information will have some bearing on Kal'ishal's location... If so, maybe we can all help each other?

    As his steak finally arrives (a portion large enough to satisfy a full-sized man), Toranindracar grabs it with his hands and tears off bites with his teeth, licking his chops with a beastly hunger. He grins at Aegwyn, juices running down his chin.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Human Level 5 Rogue

    To Aegwyn:
    The reasons for a message to Kal'ishal are known only by the sender. It certainly is not my place to reveal either the originator or the message. To do so would result in the end of such work. Confidentiality pays well, as I'm certain you would appreciate if you were to entrust someone with such a task.

    To All:
    It appears we have a common interest in Kal'ishal or Anwyn. We can debate the reasons for this all day, if you desire. Myself, I intend to act instead of talk. Perhaps the Augur can determine which person we should visit first.

    I take a Solin from my pocket, flip it in the air, catch it, and slap it on the back of the other hand.

    To Aegwyn:
    One side is up. Where shall we start?


    Toranindracar wrote:

    To Varan:

    So, what's the story, and what's the nature of this information you seek from her? What pointed you to her, and what leads you to believe she may have this information? If she's a friend of Gwythyr, perhaps he can help, or perhaps the information will have some bearing on Kal'ishal's location... If so, maybe we can all help each other?

    As his steak finally arrives (a portion large enough to satisfy a full-sized man), Toranindracar grabs it with his hands and tears off bites with his teeth, licking his chops with a beastly hunger. He grins at Aegwyn, juices running down his chin.

    At the mention of his name, Gwythyr looks to both Toranindracar and Varan, his eyes twinkling and the slight silvery aura which surrounds him seems to dance: "Friends, I am not sure how much more help I can be at this time, although perhaps more in the future. I've told you what I know of Anwyn's location and disposition, at least the last time I spoke with her. She, like many of her clan, is a secretive one, and no doubt there is much more in her mind and intelligence than I am made to know, particularly given the differences of our caste. I'll tell you what else I can, you need but to ask. Although," he runs his hand through his hair again and rubs his face, "I really should get prepared for tonight's performance. I'll be putting on a show, something magical indeed, this evening at the Theatre of Rahan. You are all welcome to join if you so wish. I can leave your names at the door."

    51 to 100 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Peacemaker Campaign Saga" for the Shadowlands Campaign Setting All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.