Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (7-11)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Handouts

AQUATIC RULES:

Breathing: YOu can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Con (so if a CON of 13, could hold your breath for 26 rounds). However, this only applies is you take only free or move actions - any Standard or Full-round action reduces the time you can hold breath for a round. After the time is up, you need a DC 10 Fort save each round, with the DC rising by one every turn. Failure, and you begin to drown.

Movement: Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you
sink. The spell freedom of movement negates the penalty on melee attack rolls with bludgeoning and slashing weapons (see below) and allows creatures to move freely in all directions as if they had a swim speed equal to their base speed. Such creatures automatically succeed at all Swim checks

Attacks: Melee attacks with slashing or bludgeoning weapons take a -2 penalty on attack rolls and deal half damage. Bludgeoning weapon are fine, as are your normal weapon if you have freedom of movement in effect. Ranged attacks not only suffer those penalties, but also suffer an additional -2 on attack rolls for every 5 feet of water they travel through. The exception: Underwater crossbows, which work fine, albeit with a smaller range increment (20 feet).

Spells and Effects: Spellcasting underwater works fine if you can breath, and requires a Concentration check (15+spell level) if you can't . Magical fire spells also require a DC 20+spell level concentration check to work (as steam), and nonmagical fire is entirely ineffective. Invisibility is also not as effective: because you displace the water around you and leave an outline of the absence of water in your space, you only receive normal concealment (20%) rather than full.

Or, to read all of these in a better written way, check out HERE


201 to 250 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Using blessing of fervor for an +2 attack attack Tytus stabs the red golem after moving slowly closer.
Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 331d8 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14
GM Zoomba wrote:

...

Remember: without a swim speed walking on the water along the 'ground' is half-speed, and without 5-foot steps.
...
Jorin wrote:

...

buffs/conditions
blur 10 minutes
monkey fish 10 minutes

Jorin casts a couple of spells upon himself ...

I have a swim speed from Monkey Fish. If you think that would have worn off by now. I would have cast Animal Aspect - Otter before opening the door to keep a swim speed.

.
.
Using Blessing of Fervor for extra attack.

cast defensively: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 Success! Corrosive Touch for extra acid damage.

Rozpustite do slizu!

1st spear att: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 = 16, if hits, 1st spear dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
2nd spear att: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 2 = 18, if hits, 2nd spear dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
3rd spear att: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19, if hits, 3rd spear dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

If any of those hit, it would transmit the corrosive touch and give me an extra weapon attack. If not, the charge will still be holding next round.
corrosive touch acid damage: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 3, 4) = 12
4th spear att: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 2 = 31, if hits, 4th spear dam: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue
Jorin wrote:


Jorin wrote:

...

buffs/conditions
blur 10 minutes
monkey fish 10 minutes

Jorin casts a couple of spells upon himself ...

I have a swim speed from Monkey Fish. If you think that would have worn off by now. I would have cast Animal Aspect - Otter before opening the door to keep a swim speed.

Apologies Jorin, I did miss that. Your monkeyfish and blur would still be up, though not for much longer (with some time spent searching out the rooms, and resorting the altar and the holy water font, there would be 4 minutes remaining at the start of this combat.

Also means that your second attack would have hit last round (though not the third), and you have one more image still up.

Tobais flicks his kukris out at the damaged golem. Neither digs deep into the construct, but they attacks serve their purpose: providing an opening. Unfortunately, for now at least Jorin is unable to capitalize on it.

Meanwhile, Tytus' adamantine spear starts to chip away at the other golem.

Initiative
Blessing of Fervor is up

Jorin, 5 images
Harsk -15hp, bleeding
Red Coral Golem -14hp
Alektara -15hp, bleeding
Green Coral Golem -47hp
Tytus

Liam
Tobias

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Thats too bad, giving a magus a free crit is always nice. :)

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

Liam casts as spell on the golems, a cloud of glitter appears above them!

Glitterdust - Will save Dc20 or they will be blind.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

sorry can I walk back on a platform or am I treading water from where I am?


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Youre on the ground, but walking back would be at half speed and provoke. However...

Green Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

As Harsk considers his option with a golem much closer than hoped for, a boat of notes around the golems suddenly has them turning back and forth confusedly, seemingly blinded.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk unloads yet another volley of adamantine bolts at the golems. at green

"Dammed things...when can a drawf walk on solid earth again!"

1st shot
attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

2nd shot

attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

3rd shot

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

4th shot

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

extra attack with blessing

attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Harsk takes advantage of the golems' blindness to unload into his preferred target, even as he continues to bleed out.

Bleed damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Thanks to the glitter, all of the bolts strike true, leaving the green golem in near tatters.

The closer golem lashes out blindly over Harsk towards his dwarven colleague Tytus in the direction of where it was stabbed. Both swings manage to land true - and more dangerously the golem seems to now be staring at the party with clarity.

Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33 for damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Miss, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 95

Attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36 for damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Miss, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 62

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Initiative
Blessing of Fervor is up

Jorin, 5 images
Harsk -20hp, bleeding
Red Coral Golem -9hp

Alektara -15hp, bleeding
Green Coral Golem -88hp, blinded
Tytus -37hp, bleeding
Liam
Tobias

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Alektara winces as she gets hit but full attacks the green foe none the less..

Spear+PA+MS: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21...DMG: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Spear+PA+MS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13...DMG: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

BoF ATK: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30...DMG: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Alektara stabs forward at the blinded golem, finally taking advantage of Tobias' opening for devastating effect.

More: 2d10 + 40 ⇒ (9, 3) + 40 = 52

The golem crumbles.

Alektara, you slew it on the first hit so have a move action remaining (as I don't think you could reach the other golem from your position - if I'm wrong, the third strike would hit it. Also, take bleed damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Initiative
Blessing of Fervor is up

Jorin, 5 images
Harsk -20hp, bleeding

Coral Golem -9hp
Alektara -18hp, bleeding

Tytus -37hp, bleeding
Liam
Tobias

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk draws his wand and tries to stop the bleeding.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

Liam takes out a wand and activates it! Bless!

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus stabs again, using Blessing of favor to get a third attack.
attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 171d8 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 251d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Making sure to stay near his compatriots to help deflect the blows of the golem, despite the heavy blows brushing him aside every time currently. Lashing out again with the kukri hoping to again create an opening.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Attack BoF: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Confirm BoF: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Activating Butterfly Sting if Crit. Each blow doing 5 damage as before.


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Harsk Bleed (at start of turn): 1d6 ⇒ 5
Tytus bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The dwarves both conitnue to bleed even as Harsk takes measures to clot his wound. With Liam granting the party Razmir's blessing, Tobias and Tytus strike again at the golem.

Only one of Tytus' strikes lands, but the spear plunges straight through the golem's chest. The halfling hits once as well, again failing to pierce the guardian's thick structure even as it provides an opening.

Initiative
Blessing of Fervor is up

Jorin, 5 images
Harsk -17hp
Coral Golem -23hp
Alektara -9hp, bleeding
Tytus -43hp, bleeding
Liam
Tobias

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14


monkey fish
blurr
mirror image - 1 image left

Hmm...We're not yet to the center. I better save my remaining spells.
Jorin activates his spear, begins to slide around the construct, and lashes out repeatedly with his spear.
swift action arcane pool for spear +3, 5 foot 'step' to the left around the construct, Blessing of Fervor for extra attack, and full attack.

1st spear att: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 = 17, if hits, 1st spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
2nd spear att: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 = 17, if hits, 2nd spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
3rd spear att: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23, if hits, 3rd spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

if the 3rd one hit, crit damage from BFS: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Jorin's three strikes come closer, but still are able to be barley dodged by the golem.

It in turn strikes at Tobias and Tytus with a claw each.

Attack - Tytus: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 for damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Attack - Tobias: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 for damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Initiative
Blessing of Fervor is up
Bless is up

Jorin, blurred, 1 image
Harsk -17hp

Coral Golem -18hp
Alektara -9hp, bleeding
Tytus -62hp, bleeding
Liam
Tobias

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

Liam slowly moves forward and draws a scroll.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Moving a bit back Tytus uses his wand to heal himself.
Clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Determination continuing Marlow attacks again know his blows will do little except for allow others to strike true and hopefully his blades deflect its attacks.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Attack BoF: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

For little return on his efforts.

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14


monkey fish - 4 min
blurr - 4 min
mirror image - 1 image left

Hmm...We're not yet to the center. I better save my remaining spells.
Jorin slides a little further around the construct, and lashes out repeatedly with his spear.
5 foot 'step' to the left around the construct, Blessing of Fervor for extra attack, and full attack.

1st spear att: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 = 21, if hits, 1st spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
2nd spear att: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 = 22, if hits, 2nd spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
3rd spear att: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12, if hits, 3rd spear dam: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

sheesh rolls of 1, 1, 12, 5, 6, 1. the dice gods hate me now.

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Alektara stabs her spear at the second foe...

Spear+PA=ST: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17...DMG: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Spear+PA=ST: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28...DMG: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

Crit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22...DMG: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

BoF ATK: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16...DMG: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

+2 on attack +2 dodge from blessing with point blank shot

Harsk grabs three adamantine bolts.

die bot hates me

Dammed thing

attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

2nd attack

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

3rd attack

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Tytus bleed (at turn's start): 1d6 ⇒ 5
Alektara bleed : 1d6 ⇒ 1

Again fate seems to be frowning on you as attack after attack is dodged by the guardian or glances off its tough coral. Alektara's spear however, finally manages to pierce the golem right where Tobias' strike exposed it (from previous round, due to initiative wonkiness)
More: 2d8 + 40 ⇒ (3, 4) + 40 = 47

With a mighty thrust, the golem spasms, then collapses into a heap of broken coral.
COMBAT (finally) OVER!!

Harsk -17hp
Alektara -10hp, bleeding
Tytus -61hp

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Looking around at the reddish tint in the water slowly spreading out around them Marlow shudders slightly. Pulling out a wand he goes to Alektara. "My, a most messy affair. Let me help."

UMD on CLW wand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
UMD on CLW wand try 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
UMD on CLW wand try 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
UMD on CLW wand try 4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He then with a swish of his hands invokes a magic allowing him to clean the red tint from the parties clothing. "Guardians of this place? Tainted or left by someone else?" he ponders as he works on cleaning.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

Liam puts the scroll away now that the danger has passed. He will heal anyone that requests it. I can use anyone's wand on them. Just roll them yourselves.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk moves to Tytus and uses his wand.

"This should help"

clw: 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6, 7, 5, 4) + 5 = 31

Then three times on himself.

clw: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1, 8) + 3 = 18

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus heals himself!°
10xclw: 10d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 4, 5, 1, 7, 2, 3, 8) + 10 = 55


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

As you recover and look through the room, you notice in a pile near the far door a section of coral that is not actually attached to the greater mounds. Instead, it seems fashioned into a set of beautiful armor that radiates moderate transmutation magic. A magnificent pearl, itself magically empowered, sits embedded within the armor.

[ooc]+1 nautilus coral full plate. The wearer ignores the armor check penalty on swim checks and can hold their breath twice as long. The pearl is a pearl of power (3rd level)

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk checks to see if the last three adamantine bolts are still usable.

high is good

1d100 ⇒ 59

1d100 ⇒ 42

1d100 ⇒ 36


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Healing youselves and moving through the room (even more cuatiously than before), you slowly approach the door at the other end. Several of you check it for traps, but this simple bronze door seems unbarred.

You open it, moving into a large circular space with a vaulted ceiling. In the center of the room, a pillar of pearly shell vaguely resembling a sailfish rises twenty feet from the floor. Perched atop the pillar is a figure - with swirling white and orange skin peeking out from beneath majestic gold armor. She has enormous wings sprouting from her back, shaped liked the fins of a manta ray, and carriers a large morningstar whose spikes resmeble a sea urchin at her side.

DC 20 Religion:
This is an angel: likely a monadic deva though her form looks somewhat atypical from the sketches you have seen.

As you enter, the winged creature stands and spreads her wings wide.
“Hail, mortals, and well met,” she says in a flowing voice, one that each of you hear in your native tongue. “I am named Aquel, shieldwarden of Elysium. Long have I waited in these halls, seeking a worthy charge to assume my burden. Tell me, who are you and what do you know of this holy place?”

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 9 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Bowing before Aquel and motioning at the group. "Greetings, I am known as Marlow and I may I introduce my fellow Pathfinders. We seek the Last Breath of Lysianassa. We have heard it here inside the shell of her servant Riam, which was then a temple and tomb of her followers." he says holding back the last clue they have towards the exact place for now.

"We have tidied up as best we can as we approached here after having to fight past the Baron and his guards."

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Yes as my friend said Last Breath of Lysianassa. We are surface dwellers and mean no disrespect.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"That is literally an angel. A monadic deva to be exact." Liam whispers to the group.

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Tytus, I think you are the only other prepared caster with 3rd level spells. I am running dry. If you don't mind, I will put on the armor long enough to use the Pearl of Power to recover my Force Punch spell. Then I will take it off if any of you want some magic full plate armor.

Before opening the next door...

Zmeňte ma do chrlič! Budem sa pohybovať ako vydra! Suddenly, Jorin changes form into clawed stone shaped form and begins moving easily through the water.
buffs
Montstrous Physique I - form of gargoyle, 10 minutes
Animal Aspect - otter, 10 minutes

.
.
After opening the door...

Holy One, I am Jorin de'Morcaine the Risen Guard. We have limited details of this location. What we have learned is that is the mortal remains of one know as Riam and that his been defiled by a group of evil usurpers. Add in all the rest that we have learned about the shell and Riam. We are here to cleanse and restore this place. Also to see what can be done to remove some of the imbalance between good and evil on the elemental planes.


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

You can just remove the pearl: you don't need to put on the full set of armor :)

The angel's mouth twitches towards a smile as Liam whispers. I am a monadic deva indeed. My order stands vigil over the Elemental Planes, such as this one.

And I know of your efforts to restore this place. Since I was conjured here by the last priest of this temple, many warlords and savages have conquered the shell, each more bloodthirsty than the last. Not long past a group of peaceful murajau took possession of the shell, and for a brief time I had hope. Alas, before the murajau could find their way to me in the inner temple, Baron Zemdar The deva's face cringes even as it says the name, discovered the shell and massacred them all. This final act of slaughter became a stain of the soul of the shell. Now fell energy imbues several of the rooms nearby, where the dead once rested peacefully.

The angel stops speaking and stares at each of you. The being's eyes seem to bore into you as the silence stretches on. Finally, it gives its head the slightest tilt.

I know not if what you wish it for will truly bring balance. But I was entrusted the Breath until I could find those worthy of bearing it. Your actions so far speak well of you, but if you truly wish to cleanse this place...

She gestures towards the two doors to the south. The bloodlust of the sahuagin awakened dark energy inside two rooms nearby. I am bound to this room and cannot leave it until I find a suitable replacement, but it is in your power to cleanse the evil from this temple. If your hearts are pure, venture into the rooms and lay the spirits to rest.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"My heart is pure lady but my body wishes for dry land. Point to the spirits that need resting and we'll do our best. For the good of the temple and I'm sure Torag will be ok with it!"

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: (+20)83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, Defending Bone, Heroism, Haste)
Resources:
1st 6/8 2nd 3/8 3rd 0/8 4th 1/7 5th 4/4

"Right.. Pure hearts. Anyways, we can totally do this."

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

First I am in investigator, I need boro beads ;-). Second Tytus will also take a potion of Monstrous physique and drink an extract of monkey fish and an extract of longarm.
A bit impressed by the presence of the angel Tytus bows deeply!
"We will try our very best. Onward, to GLORY!"


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Aquel nods approvingly.

Very well She points to the east-most door.

The first room contains a dragon tooth embedded in the wall, left behind by the brine dragon that slew Riam those millenia ago. For many years, the holy coral here suppressed the tooth’s evil, but now it festers and gnaws at the very heart of this shell. Tendrils of pain and anguish haunt the room. You must extract the tooth to end the festering.

Truning her head to the door next to it: The second room contains the body of Cintra Eelmaster, who summoned me in ages past. After the murajau were slaughtered, the spirit of Cintra became filled with hate. In death, Cintra is calling eels into his burial chamber and filling them with malevolence. Cleanse the room of these eels and lay Cintra to rest once more.

Two rooms, two things that must be cleansed. Which would you like to head to now?

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus smiles. "Well! First room, first!"

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Tobias pulls a wand to use on himself while saying. "I suggest we have anything able to battle a haunt at hand opening the door, holy water and the like. I have had some unpleasant interactions with such."

After getting the wand to work he puts the wand away, pulls out his kukri in one hand and a vial of holy water in the other.

UMD of Touch of the Sea: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

Bracing yourself for the corruption inside, you open the door.

A long room with coral burila niches built into its walls is revealed. Most niches appear occupied by long narrow, humanoid-shaped forms, each entirerly covered and wrapped in seaweed. Near the back of the room you see the foul object Aquel spoke of: an enormous white fang embedded into the wall of the shell. All around the tooth, black growths mar the vibrant purple coral.

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Would my Heart of the Metal have worn off yet? We did do some healing, searching, preparing before entering this room.

buffs
Montstrous Physique I - form of gargoyle, 10 minutes
Animal Aspect - otter, 10 minutes

Gah droska! From the doorway Jorin draws forth a wand from his bandoleer, activates it, and a dolphin appears toward the far end of the room.

Summon Monster I. Caster level 3. Duration 3 rounds. I can't seem to add an icon on the map, so I put a circle where the dolphin was intended to appear.


Torrent's Last Will Map/Handouts Glass River Rescue

What was the duration of Heart of he Metal? Between healing, searching, talking, and preparing for this room, likely 7 minutes have passed.

Jorin's wand sparks as a dolphin appears swimming through the room. The majestic fish swims around, clicking and looking expectantly towards Jorin.

Celestial:
Hi! What's up? Am I here to eat food? What's that?

GM stuff:
Liam P: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
tobias P: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
harsk P: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
Tytus P: 1d20 + 22 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 22 + (2) = 26
A P: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
J P: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

liam P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Tobias P: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
harsk P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Tytus P: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Alektara P: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
jorin P: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

As the dolphin clicks, all of you but Liam notice that the stained coral appears to noticeable darken and dark tendrils seem to be forming on the floor and walls...

Tobias and Harsk can each act in a surprise round.

DC Know 10 Religion:
Yup, this is a haunt all right. And it seems to be centered on the fang that is stuck fast to the shell wall.

if the above is a DC 23:
Pulling the tooth out (with a Strength check) should stop its ability to infect Riam's shell

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

KnowRel: 1d20 + 1d6 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + (6) + 13 + 2 = 39
"This is a haunt, centered on the fang. Quick, can someone channel? If not RIP the fang from the shell!"

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Nodding at Tytus word Tobias readies the holy water to throw as the haunt manifests knowing that it will likely not be enough alone.

Thrown Holy Water: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Heart of the Metal has a 10 min duration for me.

buffs
Heart of the Metal - 3 minutes
Montstrous Physique I - form of gargoyle, 10 minutes
Animal Aspect - otter, 10 minutes

Feeling brave and having nothing that can effect a haunt anyway, Jorin rushes for the fang. I got this. Didn't realize I had run out of holy water.

I also don't have any way to speak with the dolphin.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Jorin I'll cover you!"

Harsk readies his crossbow for an attacking creature.

201 to 250 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's Torrent's Last Will Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.