Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (7-11) (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Handouts

AQUATIC RULES:

Breathing: YOu can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Con (so if a CON of 13, could hold your breath for 26 rounds). However, this only applies is you take only free or move actions - any Standard or Full-round action reduces the time you can hold breath for a round. After the time is up, you need a DC 10 Fort save each round, with the DC rising by one every turn. Failure, and you begin to drown.

Movement: Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you
sink. The spell freedom of movement negates the penalty on melee attack rolls with bludgeoning and slashing weapons (see below) and allows creatures to move freely in all directions as if they had a swim speed equal to their base speed. Such creatures automatically succeed at all Swim checks

Attacks: Melee attacks with slashing or bludgeoning weapons take a -2 penalty on attack rolls and deal half damage. Bludgeoning weapon are fine, as are your normal weapon if you have freedom of movement in effect. Ranged attacks not only suffer those penalties, but also suffer an additional -2 on attack rolls for every 5 feet of water they travel through. The exception: Underwater crossbows, which work fine, albeit with a smaller range increment (20 feet).

Spells and Effects: Spellcasting underwater works fine if you can breath, and requires a Concentration check (15+spell level) if you can't . Magical fire spells also require a DC 20+spell level concentration check to work (as steam), and nonmagical fire is entirely ineffective. Invisibility is also not as effective: because you displace the water around you and leave an outline of the absence of water in your space, you only receive normal concealment (20%) rather than full.

Or, to read all of these in a better written way, check out HERE


101 to 150 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus tries to swim closer. Haste for extra movement
Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Gorum's Hairy Nut Sack! That Baron was tougher than I expected. Jorin moves back a little and taps himself with a wand.

UMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Glass River Rescue

Tytus struggles to advance, while all three of Tobias' stikes land home, further gettign blood in the water.

Intiative
Haste is up

Liam
Baron Zemdar
Jorin -61hp

Alektara -44hp
Tytus
Tobias -8hp
Currents
Harsk
Green sahaugin -37hp
Blue sahaugin

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Alektara swims closer to the last foe to strike at it...

Spear+PA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15...DMG: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


Glass River Rescue

Alektara moves forwards and stabs at the remaining sahaugin, but misses as the current tries to draw all of you in - most of you successfully! Harsk, Tytus, and Tobias have been moved.

Liam: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Tobias: 1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 8 = 12
Harsk : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Tytus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Alektara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Jorin: 1d20 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 8 = 21
1d6 ⇒ 6

As Tobias finds himself drawn towards the shell, the halfling is pulled right into one of the massive jellyfish, whose tentacles cascade perilously close...
Tobias needs a DC 20 Reflex save to avoid contact with a jellyfish. If it fails, you also need a DC 17 Fort save to resist their numbing poison. Either of these saves seem eerily close to your dream...(and thus could use your trait bonus on one)

Ironically drawn into a better position by the changing tide, Harsk fires another volley at the sahaugin, though only the first hits.
Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1) = 8
Haste Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 4 + (5) = 18
2nd Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (5) = 16
3rd Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (2) = 14

Shrieking from the blow and seeing one of his targets yanked away from him, the last fish-man swims adeptly away from Harsk and Jorin and lashes out at Alektara. Only one dagger stab slides through the elf's armor luckily.
dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 for damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 for damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 for damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Intiative
Haste is up

Liam
Jorin -61hp
Alektara -51hp
Tytus
Tobias -8hp

Currents
Harsk
Green sahaugin -43hp

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Moving a tiny bit.Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Swim: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Finally in range Tytus thrusts his spear.
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 131d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Liam tosses out a volley of force missiles at the lat target!

Magic Missile!: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 3, 4) + 5 = 20

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

If Tytus got to attack and hit then his hit was a crit.

Reflex to avoid the jelly fish: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

With a deft tumble, Marlow moves out of the current and powers back towards the remaining foe. Moving into flanking his silvery blade flashes out again.

Attack with flanking: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Damage: 1d3 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (4, 3) = 18 (9 damage with the half)


Glass River Rescue

Not a hit unfortunately. However...

While the dwarf's strike misses, Tobias's blade strikes true. combined with a bevy of missiles from Liam, even the enraged sahaugin finally spasms and drifts lifelessly away.

COMBAT OVER!!!
Jorin -61hp
Alektara -51hp
Tobias -8hp

As you re-gather and tends to your wounds, you look around to see swirls of red gore drifting through the jellyfish bloom. Across the battlefield dozens of corpses, both sahuagin and undine, litter the water. A partially wounded Zahra approaches you as you catch glimpses of Razketha roaring and swimming in the distance.

"Good, there you are. Are you all right? The Baron's forces were more...resistant than I expected."

On the sahaugins' bodies, you find a total of:
3 potions of cure moderate wounds
3 potions pf invisibility
3 cloaks of resistance +1
a cloak of resistance +2
a +1 trident
a Belt of Might Strength +2
and 3 stalker's masks

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus identifies the potions and then listens to the list of items found. "Well the next time I have to prepare more for battle. Alas. But let´s take the good stuff and continue with our journey."

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Bowing before Zahra. "We have succeeded, although we will need a short time to be made presentable. There are some significant wounds that need tending. We will be able to continue onwards shortly." Shivering at the sight of the ghastly stalkers masks he nods towards Tytus he ferries the potions of curing wounds to Jorin and Alektara prior to pulling out a wand and tapping himself.

UMD CLW Wand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Healing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Glass River Rescue

"I'm less concerned with presentable than I am functional." Zahra says. "Take some time and recover of course, but not too long."

She looks nervously out into the Bloom. "We've broken Zemdar's forces around the shell, but there are still sahaugin survivors, and enough lesser barons fled that they could still rally another army against us and Vialesk. Razketha is already chasing down the remains, and I will regroup the remaining forces to give chase with her. We don't want an ambush at our back as we explore."

"In the meantime, go ahead. Begin examining the nautilus shell and see if you can discover the artifact within. We will circle back and join you as soon as we can."

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Jorin consumes one of the cure potions. Liam, since you are a priest, would you please use this want to heal me the rest of the way?

po CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14
wand CLW 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
wand CLW 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
wand CLW 3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
wand CLW 4: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
wand CLW 5: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
wand CLW 6: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
wand CLW 7: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
wand CLW 8: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

If no one objects, he also picks up and puts on one of the stalkers masks and the belt. I think everyone but me already has a belt. Will also use my Pearl of Power to recover Corrosive Touch. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to go.

GM, I've got 15 min total on the spell. Will I still have time remaining on my Elemental Body when we get to the shell?

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"Of course. Razmir always provides. I'll be ready to go in a moment." Liam will cast some spells on himself before the group goes any further. Mage Armor, False Life, See Invisibility, and Defending Bone.

False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Glass River Rescue

By the time you get to the shell, after healing, speaking, and journeying (its close but not 'right' there) about 10 minutes will have passed. So Let's say 5 minutes on the elemental body (and 10 minutes passing as a marker for other buff durations.

Preparing yourselves, you head forth through the last of the Lambent Bloom, now eerily quiet as you dodge the occasional drifting gore collection and occasionally hear a roar or sound of battle off in the distance.

As you approach the giant nautilus shell that is your destination, you see that the entrance to it is a beckoning circular opening almost forty feet across. Swimming up and alighting on it, you gaze into the shell, dimly lit by the light outside. Thick rows of purple coral reef line the inside of the shell, covered with a riot of colorful plants and fish. Delicate screen walls of coral sprout from these reefs and stretch from the floor to the ceiling of the shell, creating hallways and rooms through which water flows.

Each screen is overwhelmingly detailed, filled with fractal patterns and colorful murals depicting sea creatures and forgotten events. however, the drawings and patterns within the screens and murals have seen better days. While a dizzying array of symbols glyphs and icons spread across them, the coral is damaged in many places, and is difficult to read merely by cursory examination.

Near the back of the room, visible through several layers of screens, is a mound of coral with a pearly throne seated at its pinnacle.

New map added. Lighting condition in here is dim light.
Also you can walk along the shell's 'bottom' with firm footing, allowing you to move at half speed without requiring a swim check.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Liam will cast Light on his holy symbol for better illumination as he walks along the ocean floor. "This is it right?"

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus looks at the shell and shrugs. "At least we do not have to swim!"
KnowNat: 1d20 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (10) + (3) + 13 = 26

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Nodding towards Tytus and answering. "Aye, maybe not. But it would be a lot safer with it still I think until we know more of its defences. Is everyone all good to continue?" He invokes his Wayfinder for light to push back the darkness also while drinking a couple of extracts and then tapping himself with his wand again. Pulling out his favoured kukri which gleams silvery he is ready to move onwards.

Mechanics:

Using up Longarm, See Invisibility and Barkskin extracts.
Wand of Touch of the Sea
UMD Wand: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

I forgot to mention, I took a small piece of the Baron's flesh for the Monstrous Physique spell if it comes up.

Jorin flows forward and looks around.
perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Glass River Rescue

Tobias and Jorin looks around carefully as Liam provides a light for the rest. The ‘rooms’ ceilings stretch thirty feet above you as you walk, almost every inch of it covered in the coral arrays of writing and symbols. To the right, a single door of corroded bronze stands set into the curved of the shell segment.

Towards the back of the room, you move closer and see that the throne in the back is a massive nacre chair that looks sized for a giant or troll. The seat extends down through the coral, and seems fused to the shell itself.

Tytus begins scanning the room and notices that while many small fish swim about, the sahaguins’ presence here seem to have frightened away larger creatures. The coral screens dividing space within the room are brittle and porous, with thousands of tiny holes providing an obstructed view of each screen’s other side while also forming geometric patterns and murals. The artistry required for such intricately grown displays suggests that the images and writings around the chamber were given great importance, though it would take some time to fully repair and decipher their meaning.

If you would like to try to examine the murals and screens to repair and translate them, you can try a Knowledge (Planes or Religion mostly, though I’ll allow Nature of Engineering to attempt to fix them using a more difficult route), or a Craft or Disable Device check to try and repair the missing parts. You suspect such checks will take several minutes of work however.

There is also the throne, and a door leading to another chamber.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus flexes his fingers and works at the mural. Taking an extract of alchemical allocation and a potion of Heroism he smiles at the others, while taking out his tools. "Won´t take long!"Disable device to Repair: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Planes: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
craft untrained: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk follows the party and looks around near the throne.

"I for one am GLAD we don't have to swim. Dwarves aren't meant to swim."

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Nodding towards Harsk. "I know the feeling Master Harsk, this is indeed a quite unnatural environment for those from the prime." Tobias swims over looking interestedly at the murals, but also looking for danger. When arriving at the throne he will have a closer look, but first giving it a closer inspection also.

Know Planes: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (9) + (2) + 9 = 20

Perception Watching: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

Perception examine throne: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 (+2 extra if traps are involved)


Glass River Rescue

Harsk and Tobias swim towards the throne to and examine it. You notice around the seat there seems to be even more bone fragments than normal, but the mother-of-pearl chair itself remains pristine. Both of your eyes catch strange reflections of the throne: regardless of the position of Liam's torch it seems to have a blue glint across its surface that moves in time to the tides.

Elsewhere, the rest of the party keeps a wary eye out as they try to decipher a pattern or theme to the murals and coral around them, though some to less effect than others.

Harsk, examining the throne for now is quick enough relative to the rest that you can also make another check on the murals if you'd like.

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Jorin flows over to closely check out the large door.
Detect Magic, examination, and listening.
perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

GM, I can't quite tell, is that an opening in the wall behind the throne?


Glass River Rescue

No, its blocked by a wall. My poor expertise at Slides shapes is just making the covering of it a bit rougher.

Botting Alektara and Harsk for the moment
Harsk Know Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Alektara Know Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Having determined that the room is safe, though still on edge, several of you work to repair the damaged murals and divine their nature. While the tasks take some time 5 minutes pass, Tytus' command of the watery language and his mending skills leads him to restore a missing piece that reveals a key sequence.

Depcited in coral, kelp, pearls and other natural mediums, the symbols and images on the wall paint a picture of the good elemental lord of water - Lysianassa - benevolently ruling over her flock. But at some point long ago, the good lord was imprisoned inside a mighty artifact called the Gasping Pearl by her rival demigod: Kelizandri.

The murals weave a tale however of hope. Before her final imprisonment, Lysianassa used her last gasp to breathe into a magical decanter. This, the Breath of Lysianassa was imbued with her power to control the ocean tides.

There seems to be more that may be hidden in the murals, but it is difficult to currently discern from the damaged coral. Despite the care that went into making and preserving them the years have not been kind to the shrine and its religious displays.

While the group is putting their findings together, Jorin slips off for a quick scan of the door. the door itself is solid but non-magical, with a pulling handle interested into it. The half-orc hears nothing beyond it - nothing moving anyway.

You can try to piece together more of the damaged mural messages, with another round of attempted checks over a five-minute span. Or you can open the door and proceed beyond.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

I want to give some more of those panels a try.

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 Much Better!
craft untrained: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Seeing the continuing efforts on restoration Marlow tries to reconstruct some fine details. Using his trusty any-tool to transform into the right thing for the job each time.

Know Planes: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 9 = 12
Disable Device Repairs: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

"We are explorers and this could be paramount."
Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"My fingers are better with a crossbow than puzzles

can I do another perception check?


Glass River Rescue
Harsk Hammerfist dwarf wrote:

"My fingers are better with a crossbow than puzzles

can I do another perception check?

Yes, but at a significantly higher DC

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk looks at the murals.

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32


Glass River Rescue

One more Alektara bot
Know Religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

The process of trying to restore and draw insight from the damaged mosaics and icons continues to befuddle some of you. But combining your repairing skills, keen eyes, and knowledge of obscure planar sects you manage to piece together more details within the plant life about the shell and the artifact within. In intricate designs, a section of wall shows Lysianassa gaving her literal last Breath to a giant nautilus named Riam, who fled with the gift. The nautilus attempted to hide, but Kelizandri’s agents pursued and nine brine dragon wyrms eventually caught and killed Riam. The creature died, but his shell drifted away and became lost inside the Lambent Bloom. Later, pilgrims of Lysianassa built a temple in the shell and subsequently used it to inter their dead.

Based on the ‘movements’ of the priests and pilgrims throughout the coral murals, the drawings seem to indicate that The Breath of Lysianassa is hidden near the center of Riam’s shell, inside the mouth of a giant sailfish. However, the pilgrims took pains to protect the last gift of their god, and even as they hid it away they set hulking creatures made from moving coral to guard the relic.

It seems the relic Zahra was hoping to find my indeed be here - and is a fragment of a trapped elemental lord's power!

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

It seems we are on the correct track. Let us proceed through the door. Do any have preparations to make before we open this portal?

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"Nope. I'm good. Let's go."

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Tobias pulls out the wand to reapply Touch of the Sea before nodding.

UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Glass River Rescue

Jorin reaches out one strong hand and tugs the bronze door open. The heavy door swings surprisingly smoothly through the water, revealing a curving hallway beyond.

Coral lines the shell walls of this passage too, as ahead you see three more bronze doors embedded in the left side of the hall. Right before the hallway ends is a fourth set of double-doors, also on the left side.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk peers down the passageway looking for signs of danger.

perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

"Which way?" he looks at the party.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Liam will cast Detect Magic as he looks over all the doors.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

"I'll have a quiet look at the doors." Marlow says looking at Liam invoking his magic swimming ahead cautiously and quietly to look at each in turn.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31 +2 if traps involved.
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37 +2 if traps involved.
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 +2 if traps involved.
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 +2 if traps involved.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

As the rural is completed, Tytus takes his time to memorize it in detail. "This will be interesting to pen down!"


Glass River Rescue

Tobias scouts ahead, carefully examining each door in turn. None seem to be locked, and the halfling detects no traps. However, the last set of double doors has several symbols engraved upon it.

Aquan:
KEEP OUT! Baron's orders. If you let those things out you should hope they kill you.

Liam looks around as well, but though the shell's size is awe-inspiring he can't detect any spells throughout this hall.

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

buffs/conditions
blur 10 minutes
monkey fish 10 minutes

Jorin casts a couple of spells upon himself then gets ready to open the first door on the left. Everyone ready?

At their assent, he hauls upon the door.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"I guess so."

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Guess so too"


Glass River Rescue

Jorin pulls the door open with a might tug, and the bronze swings free to reveal a macabre scene.

Hundreds of skulls adorn the walls of this room, belonging to humans, sahuagin, sharks, whales, and other stranger beasts. Near the back of the room, an eight-foot mound of coral is artfully shaped into the image of four sailfish holding aloft a flat altar. The beautiful altar has been deeply marred by a series of hack marks and crude scratches on it. Further desecerating the scene, four rotting heads - apparently human - rest atop the altar. A cloud of nibbling eels surrounded the heads, pecking at it.

Know Religion 20:
Based on the clear care and craft showing in the core design of the altar, it was likely once a place of worship for the pilgrims who lived and came here. It is currently in disrepair, but restoring it (Craft, Disable Device, or other similar methods) may show respect to Riam's departed spirit.

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

"Oh, that is unpleasant." Marlow murmers.

Religion: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + (2) + 9 = 13

101 to 150 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's Torrent's Last Will Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.