Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's 8-20 Torrent's Last Will (7-11) (Inactive)

Game Master Zoomba

Map/Handouts

AQUATIC RULES:

Breathing: YOu can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Con (so if a CON of 13, could hold your breath for 26 rounds). However, this only applies is you take only free or move actions - any Standard or Full-round action reduces the time you can hold breath for a round. After the time is up, you need a DC 10 Fort save each round, with the DC rising by one every turn. Failure, and you begin to drown.

Movement: Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you
sink. The spell freedom of movement negates the penalty on melee attack rolls with bludgeoning and slashing weapons (see below) and allows creatures to move freely in all directions as if they had a swim speed equal to their base speed. Such creatures automatically succeed at all Swim checks

Attacks: Melee attacks with slashing or bludgeoning weapons take a -2 penalty on attack rolls and deal half damage. Bludgeoning weapon are fine, as are your normal weapon if you have freedom of movement in effect. Ranged attacks not only suffer those penalties, but also suffer an additional -2 on attack rolls for every 5 feet of water they travel through. The exception: Underwater crossbows, which work fine, albeit with a smaller range increment (20 feet).

Spells and Effects: Spellcasting underwater works fine if you can breath, and requires a Concentration check (15+spell level) if you can't . Magical fire spells also require a DC 20+spell level concentration check to work (as steam), and nonmagical fire is entirely ineffective. Invisibility is also not as effective: because you displace the water around you and leave an outline of the absence of water in your space, you only receive normal concealment (20%) rather than full.

Or, to read all of these in a better written way, check out HERE


1 to 50 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Glass River Rescue

Creating for dotting.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

.

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

..

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

A dwarf with leaves in his beard and a crossbow with an axe strapped to his back enters the room. A second later a badger follows behind.

"Harsk here.." he says with a dour look. He looks around. "There's an awful amount of water here..I guess Valsin sends us anywhere"

What am I now a damm fish? At least I'm not a gnome.

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

"No one said anything about dwarves on this venture..." the human swordsman says ignoring the recent newcomer.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Maybe you drank too much ale at the briefing.." Harsk says to Fenrik "I'm here..

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

A halfling servant steps forth from the corner where he was hiding in plain sight as hired help. He bows formally and introduces himself. "I am Tobias Marlow, at your service. I am also being sent along to help. Would anyone like some tea? These briefings may get quite tedious."

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

A very compact tiefling looks up. "Do you have any problems with dwarfes?"
Tytus Umbraleyes is a stocky young man of clearly dwarven blood, about 4`8`` with maybe 240 pounds. His heritage is obvious, as he has blackest orbs for eyes, a long tail and maw to make a shark proud. He dresses usually in brown leather pants and coat with an embroyeded red and black vest. If on a mission he wears a mithral breastplate of best dwarven craftmanship dyed in gray and gold, embossened with the hammer of Torag on his shoulders.
His belt of woven steelwire has the dwarven rune of strength engraved on his mithral buckle. On his left hip is a strange looking gun and on his right a block of adamantine carved into a angry dwarven head on a long chain. Two crossed bandoleers holds a few potions a mutagen and extracts.
Tytus vanity are cigars, whenever possible he lights one and gently savors it.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk turns to Tobias. "Tea would be nice..thanks"

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"No tea for me. Did they say anything about a priest?" Liam says looking around. He is a man of mixed heritage. He seems more experienced than his age suggests with his sandy brown hair, scruffy stubble and tattoos on his face. He wears plain clothes with a very expensive looking holy symbol of a mask.

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Marlow nods towards Liam in acknowledgment of the answer and responds to the question. "I believe that I heard the last member of our erstwhile band is more of the arcane persuasion." He says while while moving to brew up some tea with a fine tea set pulled from an extradimensional space.

Sovereign Court

Male
Skills:
Acrobatics:+15;Local:+5;Disable Device:+18;Intimidate:+11;Stealth:+12;Bluff:+14
Human (Ulfen) Aldori Swashbuckler CL8 (HP:76/76)(AC:26 FF:20 T:17)(F:+6/ R:+12/ W:+4)(Init:+8)(Perception:+10)

"You aren't the dwarf I am concerned about." Fenrik responds to Tytus. The human takes a cup of tea from Tobias and then pours some brandy into it from his flask. "For luck" he says to anyone who watches, then sips the tea.


Glass River Rescue

As the six of you sit in a cafe, awaiting the arrival of the one that sent for you, conversation is occasionally difficult over the the din of the aquatic metropolis of Vialesk filling the giant air bubble encasing Splendor’s Docks. Smells of fish, salt, and strange spices waft through the air while traders unload their cargo and hawk their wares. Outside the air bubble, a pod of whales lazily circles the city, tended by an ocean-giant shepherd.

A blue-skinned Marid wearing gossamer robes approaches through the bustling crowd.

“Hail, Pathfinders!” the woman calls, waving excitedly. “Welcome to Vialesk, greatest city in the Plane of Water. My name is Zahra; I am the Pathfinder currently organizing our interests on this plane. We have much to discuss."

She grabs an open seat at your table and motions for a server to come over with another drink. The Marid takes a moment to look each of you up and down, then nods.

“So, let us get to it. Over the past several years, I have slowly pieced together rumors and legends pointing to the location of a hidden font of elemental power. I believe an artifact is stored away inside a giant seashell hidden within the Lambent Bloom — a forest of jellyfish. I set out to inspect the shell recently, but my expedition ran afoul of a spy working for the shell’s current occupants. It seems that it is currently inhabited by a tribe of sahuagin under the rule of a cunning leader named Baron Zemdar. With the help of other Pathfinders agents, I discovered that Zemdar is using the power of the shell to control the tides.”

The waiter finally arrives with a drink for Zahra: a sludge-like concoction with a pinkish hue. She nods in thanks to him, then waits for the sever to retreat before continuing. "Needless to say, that is not a weapon that should be in the hands of such a creature even if this artifact weren't potentially key to the Society's current...resotration project. So I have organized a new expedition to the shell And am hoping that you can accompany me."

Did any of you play Treacherous Waves with THIS character?

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

A female elf moves into the room, calls for the rude sellsword to come over and gives him a piece of paper. He opens it, reads it, then grabs his things and leaves without saying a word.

The comely elf sits down and listens to the briefing. "Oooo... a treasure hunt."

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Interesting...I'll lend my bow"

nope

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Nope.

"Sounds dangerous. Of course I'm in."

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Nope!

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

nope

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Nodding reservedly Marlow nods. "Are we to gather further information prior to leaving?" He queries calmly and sips at a cup of tea giving his implicit assent.

Not with this or any character. Marlow does have Water Affinity if that matters although.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus takes a puff from his cigar and nods. "Well I wouldn´t mind a new mission. Would be lovely for a change to be on this plane!"

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Bah..I'll go. But give me the firm earth and woodlands of Varisia anyday. Besides you'll need my crossbow!"


Glass River Rescue

Zahra nods to the halfling. “ We have roughly twenty-four hours until the expedition departs, so there should be plenty of time for you to prepare or inquire around the city. I and our partners have done our own diligence as well, and so I may be able to advise if you have any specific questions. This new expedition has been organized in partnership with the city guard and the brine dragon Razethka. We will lead the expedition to the shell and help deal with the sahuagin threat. Baron Zemdar is a vicious creature, and his current power over the tides poses a looming threat to the Vialesk. Then, once Zemdar is defeated, we will be able to freely explore the site and locate the artifact hidden inside. Additionally, I believe the shell acts as a magical amplifier of sorts, so once we remove the artifact, we might be able to redirect the shell’s energies to more useful purposes.”

“Razethka will be able to provide you with unlimited water breathing spells, but you should be able to find whatever additional supplies you need in the markets of Vialesk” The marid looks pointedly at Mr. Hammerfist as he hefts his crossbow. ”I suspect as it is your first time on the plane you may not be used to adventuring in such aquatic envirnments. There will be no air once we leave the city, ‘Material-folk’ tend to underestimate the difficulty required to move about the seas, and some of your weapons may not be as suited to the open water as they are in the air. I would strongly advise making sure you stop by the Azure Armory; I have arranged for the city guard to loan you weapons designed for underwater fighting from their stockade, if you desire.”

Zahra sits backs looking at each of you with interest as you process the mission’s outline.

I will also post some key summaries for underwater combat when I get home tonight. Zahra would happily outline the mechanical details and limits to you.

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

"Did you say underwater...?"

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

Hmm... Yes... This environment will tend to limit me somewhat.
Since there are Sahaugin, I can assume there will also be sharks. Is anything else known about the location or creatures therin?

if useful
knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
knowledge planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

My primary weapon is usually a whip to trip and disarm. It is unlikely to be useful unless someone can give me freedom of movement. I did purchase some spells for my spell book which should be useful as well as a potion of water breathing. I also bought a cold iron short spear.


Glass River Rescue

Zahra looks a bit surprised at your surprise. "Well, yes. Vialesk tries to make comfortable spaces for visitors and traders with air-bubbled districts like this, but most of the Plane of Water is...water. And the Lambent Bloom is quite a ways away from here. Again, Razethka will take care of your breathing, but sword and maces might be a bit less effective than you'd think. The Armory should be able to lend you some gear to assist."

The marid takes a deep drink of her tear before scrunching her face. "Perhaps you would also think about some magical means of maneuvering. In a tight fight, spending your energy flailing about in the currents could be...unfortunate."

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"A few potions should work for that. I'd prefer scrolls, but water and paper don't mix." I'll buy 4 potions of touch of the sea.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus puffs. "Well then I should go and find some place to stock some infusions and a potion or two!"
Tytus would like to buy the following receipts for infusions. Monkey Fish (Level 1), Channel Vigor (3) and add them to his book. And a longspear

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Nodding towards Zahra. "To aid my companions here I have a wand with some charges of touch of the sea in my possession. Also there will be another accompanying us in case of aid if drowning." Marlow nods towards a lizardfolk blending in poorly at the back of the room.

Ire of the Storm boon spoiler:

[] [] [] Shathva's Aid:
You can direct Shathva to rescue an unconscious, drowning PC within 30 of you, using her 15' swim speed and her swim bonus of 15. It takes her one round to reach and grab the PC. Once she has a hold of the PC, she drags them to the nearest pocket of air or solid surface.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

can anyone cast freedom of movement? I can get scroll.

"Hmm...underwater crossbow...Guess that will have to do...what about water breathing? Dwarves aren't fish."

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

I can.

"Razethka will take care of it, at least according to her."


Glass River Rescue

"Yes, though any of those other spells you speak of should be obtainable in the Sea-Witch district. Scrolls and oils and the like should be plentiful: Vialesk is not un-used to catering to non-swimmers."

Zahra finishes off what is left of her drink and signals for the meals' check to arrive. "Now, if you have any other questions about our objective, the site, or anything else I will answer as best I can. Otherwise, I have many arrangements to finalize before our departure tomorrow."

Any other questions for Zahra right now, feel free to ask. Otherwise, we'll shortly move on. Purchases of scrolls, magic items, and the like are easy enough to come by: hold off on weapons for now as a visit to the Aquatic Armory could assist you with that.

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

With nothing really to buy Alektara is ready to go forward.

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

Marlow responds to Zahra's last comment about further questions. "Do we know what type of tactics are favored by the sahuagin? Are they likely to have allies we need to clean up after the main fight? We know the layout at all?"

Knowledge Planes for general information about foes: 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 9 = 15
Note this knowledge could be applied to any category as the bonus is the same

Diplomacy to gather information prior to mission start after the briefing.: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Glass River Rescue

Zahra composes herself for a moment before responding to Tobias, choosing her words carefully.

"The terrain in which we will be fighting with Baron Zemdar and his sahaugin is...somewhat uncertain. If the combat is within the shell, I know little of exactly what is inside. The place is warded against divination magics. The shell once belonged to a massive nautilus named Riam the Unyielding, who was a chief servant of Lysianassa, the good elemental lord of water. Kelizandri, the evil elemental lord of water, defeated Lysianassa long ago, but before her defeat, Lysianassa entrusted Riam with a portion of her power. Riam fled with it into the wilderness, but he was eventually overcome and fatally wounded by minions of Kelizandri. I believe Riam’s shell was lost within the Lambent Bloom, however, so Kelizandri never discovered the artifact inside it. After that, I believe the shell was used as a pilgrimage site for a time and then eventually became inhabited by tribes of bloodthirsty humanoids."

She forwns. "If battle does spill into the shell itself, we should do our best to be careful. I suspect that the pilgrims of Lysianassa viewed the shell as a holy site and they have probably hidden away the artifact we're looking for somewhere within. To find it, be respectful and pay special attention to the religious symbols and traditions that you might find inside.”

The check arriving, the Marid signs it with a generous tip as she muses. "Of course sahaugin are a frenzied species, warlike and aggressive and riled up further if blood is in the water. It is highly likely that if we approach they will meet up out in the Lambent Bloom - a forestlike field of poisonous jellyfish that is nearly one hundred miles wide. Many sahaugin tribes have lived amongst there long enough they have mutated to become immune to the jellyfish poison. As we are not, we'll just have to navigate it carefully."

Tobias knows that sahaugin are indeed a frenzied race related to sharks, with the ability to communicate with the fish and to go into a rage-like frenzy when damaged. The sea menaces also display an uncommonly strong bent towards mutation, with many sahaugin being unusually large, four-armed, or in rare cases even being born in a form almost identical to an aquatic elf.

Any more questions or non-weapon purchases, now's the time. Otherwise, a quick stop to the armory is likely in store tomorrow.

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

Tytus will also buy a scroll of freedom of movement for 2pp

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Know Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Alektara talks with Tobias to see if she too can remember anything interesting about the Plane of Water learned from her studies.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk turns to Zahra "We understand your concern and will try and be respectful of the holy areas"


Glass River Rescue

Though she has never ventured to the plane before, Alektara recalls learning that much like its Air-y counterpart the Plane of Water has subjective gravity. The density of the water composing the plane makes it slightly less impactful here, but in a pinch in addition to swimming, a creature can s’sink’ tin the direction of her choice by willing her personal gravity to shift Wisdom check. Magic is subtly altered as well: firey spells are impeded and require concentration to even be able to be cast, while water magic is enhanced and is treated as if the effect were two caster levels higher.

As the six of you set out towards the Azure Armory (with some making shopping pit stops along the way) Tobias gets to chatting up several undines and locathahs along to way. Recent rumors of an increasingly aggressive sahaugin tribe dominate the latest gossip around Vialesk, but a merfolk also chats up the halfling about one of your groups patrons. Apparently Razehtka “The Scarred” – though best not to call her that in person – used to rule and run a locathah tribe before a kraken dethroned her years ago. She still bears the scars of her defeat, and since then has been carefully sponsoring and investing in ventures in order to rebuild both her lost wealth and her prestige.

Eventually, the Azure Armory – a blue-stoned and shelled barracks that houses the city’s guard – rises up to greet you as you stride down the streets. Navigating towards the quartermaster’s offices, a grizzled cecaelia looks up from a sheet of records in front of him and gives a kurt nod.

”I am guessing you are the foreigners of Zahra’s. Is that correct?” Without turning away, several of his tentacles stretch behind him and begin grabbing a series of oddly-balanced crossbows which he sets on a counter before him. ”On behalf of there being some merit for the public good in your trip, I am authorized to lend you each a ranged weapon that will actually work down here. Standard stock of course, but if you have collateral I can see if we have something more appropriate.”

Each of you gets a masterwork underwater light or heavy crossbow and 40 bolts, your choice as to which. If you are willing to turn in some of your other weapons for safekeeping, the quartermaster can also lend you an equivalently strong crossbow or simple or martial piercing weapon. (E.G. for this trip, you could turn in a +1 flaming longbow for a +1 frost underwater light crossbow, or a +3 warhammer for a +3 spear).

You also notice a series of vials fileld with liquids near the supplies, but the quartermaster doesn’t seem to be touching or volunteering those…

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

How do laser weapons work under water?
Tytus will gladly accept a heavy underwater X-bow and trade his trusted weapon for an adamantine spear+1.Leaving an adamantine dorn duergar+1

Silver Crusade

male Tiefling (Daemon Spawn)
Stats:
hp 75/75 AC 22|T 13 |FF 20, F +8|R +11 W +8, Init +2, Per +22+1d6 (+4Traps)
Investigator (Empyrist) 10

How do laser weapons work under water?
Tytus will gladly accept a heavy underwater X-bow and trade his trusted weapon for an adamantine spear+1.Leaving an adamantine dorn duergar+1
Looking at the liquids the Investigator nods toward them.
"Quartermaster, excuse my professional curiosity. What are those vials?"

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

Liam will decline the loan of a crossbow but is also interested in the ignored vials.

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

Harsk hands in his +3 flaming burst heavy crossbow to the quartermaster "Take great care with this! What do you got that matches it's wallop!


Glass River Rescue
Tytus Umbraeyes wrote:
How do laser weapons work under water?

I'll admit, not a question I expected to have to think about :)

I'm going to say that while the future designs will have waterproofed it, if it deals fire damage (like a laser pistol) it would not be functional out in the open Plane, as it would follow the same rules as other non-magical fire.

The quartermaster gives Liam and Tytus another once over even as his tentacles continue to exchange weapons with the dwarves.

"Those? City resources that would be better used not wasted on people who've never swam in their lives."

With a glower, he turns and reverts to a neutral expression as her looks as Harsk. "Ice, bolts, or acid? That should be enough 'wallop' for you." Harsk, you'll get a +3 icy burst, corrosve burst or shocking burst heavy crossbow rather than a flaming burst - your choice. And to clarify, if you want a spear that's fine, but you can also pick any simple or martial piercing weapon.

Also, while the cacaelia seems dismissive of your chances, a bit of flattery or careful arguments (Diplomacy) might get him to toss in some extra supplies...

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14
GM Zoomba wrote:
... Apparently Razehtka “The Scarred” – though best not to call her that in person – used to rule and run a locathah tribe before a kraken dethroned her years ago. She still bears the scars of her defeat, and since then has been carefully sponsoring and investing in ventures in order to rebuild both her lost wealth and her prestige....

Hmm... What do I remember about this Razehtka? if any apply

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18
knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
knowledge planes: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26

I wonder if this Razehtka could be persuaded to help us?

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Alektara will take the offered heavy crossbow. She will also reluctantly give up her +1 adamantine elven curved blade for the equivalent in a boar spear if possible.

"Take care with this sword- it has been fighting for the cause of elves for generations."

Silver Crusade

Male dwarf Ranger 11| HP 93 | AC 27 (31 vs giants); Touch 17; FF 12 | F +10; R +13; W +9 | CMB+13; CMD 30| Speed 20 ft | Init +5 | Perc +20 | Stealth: +17 Ranger 11

"Hmmm..icy burst underwater heavy crossbow sounds good. Thanks. Just be careful with mine. Many generations of dwarves perfected that one!"

Grand Lodge

Servant 8 | HP 22/63 | AC 30 (24FF, 22T) | F +6, R +18, W +10 | Init +7 (Antitoxin, See Invis & Barkskin 249rds, Touch of Sea 29rds, Longarm & Shield40rds), Protection from Acid:120hp

With a bow of respect to the quartermaster Marlow enquires. "Do you perchance happen to have a small size light crossbow?"

Scarab Sages

1/2orc Magus Kensai 10, HP:63/63, AC:18, Touch:16, Flat Footed:12, F:+13, R:+10, W:+12, Init:+10, Perc:+14

I already have a crossbow that functions underwater. However, I wouldn't mind access to a high quality cold iron short spear.
I will hang onto my whip, just in case I get a chance to use it, but I will give them my cold iron morning star.

Grand Lodge

M PRIEST OF RAZMIR 10 HP: 83/83 AC: 15, Touch: 11, FF: 14 F:+10 R:+6 W:+8 Perception -1 Init:+5 Effects:(Mage Armor, False Life, Defending Bone, See Invisibility)
Resources:
1st 7/8 2nd 4/8 3rd 1/8 4th 6/7 5th 4/4

"Well I don't need to know how to swim to save the day. I wield the power of the mighty Razmir myself. We should have no problem getting this done."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 If I can use bluff it'll be 26. :)

Liberty's Edge

Female;
skills:
Acro+14/Climb+8/Religion,Planes, Arcana,Nature +12/Disable Device +14
Elf Fighter 8 [Lore Warden] [HP: 76/76][AC: 26 FF: 22 T: 16][Fort: +10, Ref: +7, Will: +4] [Initiative:+5][Perception;+13]

Alektara snickers after Liam speaks...

1 to 50 of 346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP VI PFS] GM Zoomba's Torrent's Last Will Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.