Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

PbP PFS Gameday VI CORE: 7-25 Orders from the Gate [5-9] (Inactive)

Game Master GM Aarvid

===Maps and Notes===
Magnimar Lodge


201 to 250 of 309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

I will not get too close to the rune-carved orcs, they tend to be... explosive! Says D'lack with a smile on its face.

But it could be good to ask these gentlemen he points the orcs they "save" what's going on exactly. What could be force orcs to flee their bethren?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Taerel nods to Signifier Karva as he is pulling out a wand to heal his own wounds. "Yes, I would like to understand what is going on here. This is unnatural, even for orcs."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Taerel heals his injuries, does a quick check of the vials with detect magic and spellcraft, and then approaches the yellow orcs.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

"OK, who among you would like to explain. We have saved your lives from... well, I am not really sure what has taken hold of your bretheren. Anything you would like to share?"


Magnimar Lodge

All too willing to speak, the orcs for the most part calm down, although there still remains a couple of orcs who are distressed beyond measure. Considering their musculature, that is no mean feat. Some of them appear to have been wounded in their flight.

Replying to Taerel and the others, their speaker begins: "The Wormcaller. It has destroyed the tribe. Our shaman birthed it from beyond the skin of the world, to help us kill the darkfeathers. But it ate the shaman. Now the shaman's learner, Olgrahk, he serves the creature. He commands us to carve our sins into our flesh, so as to give it joy. That-Which-..." He pauses, and gulps, visibly alarmed. Some of the orcs behind him flinch and wince in either imagined, relived or real pain.

Unable to continue, another, a young orc, barely an adult continues in turn. "We cannot speak it's name" she explains, before continuing, trying to look Lem straight in the eye. "It and the rest of the tribe wished to carve our sins into our flesh. We did not want to, as we have seen what it has done to our tribe. So we fled. And they chased us, for what it cannot rule over, it must destroy, as it must destroy all mortal life." She then turns to Pyra. "It was said that ancient men who worshiped the sky cursed the Temple upon the Peak. The ancient men birthed many wind spirits from beyond the skin of the world." She pauses for a minute, trying to think of anything else she might say of the temple.

Perception DC20:
One of the orcs, a strapping young one with blood running down his chest, has a reaction that is worse than the others. Come to think of it, those are very symmetrical wounds he has there.

"In the past some of our shamans went up to the Temple upon the Peak and read the writings on the pillars. They then returned with strange powers. This is an offense to the Wormcaller, says Olgrahk; and he has said he will go and destroy it."

Perception DC20:
A young orc that seems to have been very troubled by the words pronounced by his fellows slowly rises from his crouch, sweat beading on his forehead. his chest is carved with runes, which pulse slowly, and he seems to be making his way towards one of the dropped falchions.

Turning finally to address D'lack, she begins to stammer. "Our tribe is no more, and soon, all of the Children of Sekamina in the mountains shall be no more. Olgrahk wills it that the Temple on the Peak be no more. The Wormcaller, He... He-Who-Peels-Flesh, is done inscribing all of the tribe with runes telling all of their sins. Now, it wills it that all of the mortals of this land be no more. It has begun a ritual to summon more like it and stronger ones, and once the ritual is complete, they will attack."

Perception DC20:
The young orc you might have seen earlier taking the mention of the "Wormcaller's" actual name has quietly fallen into a crouch, his pale face blank. The blood that once adorned his torso seems to have seeped away somehow, leaving some very... neatly carved runes. And it looks like the number of runes has changed.

"They will destroy the barrow the men call "Pezzak", then they will destroy the lair they call "Kintargo". It will consume all until none of you are left to even weep it's name" she practically shouts at Beorin, tears streaming down her face, tears of abject horror.

Let me know how you want to handle the results of your perception checks.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Great...
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Great...
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Great...

Some awesome die rolls there...


Halfling
Spoiler:
Hp 66/66 AC 20, t15, ff17 F +6, R+9, W +7; Perc 2
Bard 7

Perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Lem looks at the young orc and just says:"DON`T"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Perc: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP: 39 /48| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +4| Perc: +7| Fort: +8 | Ref: +2| Will: +8| CMB: +5| CMD: 15| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +3;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.( Reli): +5| Kn (His & Nob):+4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

In case some of you didn't noticed, Beorin channeled to heal 17 dmg earlier.
Perception 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perception 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception 3 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
lol. Beorin sees nothing.

"It seems that pur path is clear. We need to go save the temple then."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

Pyra looks around to her comrades: "Are the 'darkfeathers' the Stryx?".

Perception #1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ; Perception #2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 ; Perception #3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Pyra asks the orcs: "Where has it begun its ritual of summoning? At the Temple to be destroyed, or some other place?".

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

Perception #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception #3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Thanks, Beorin - I missed that. So I just need the first CLW to put me full. Of course, I fear something bad is about to happen to me...

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

I agree, the Temple is a repository of Knowledge, we must save it First!


Magnimar Lodge

Lem is the only one noticing something strange is happening to one of the orcs while you speak to them.

The other dead orcs, especially the officers are also covered with runes, but so far, everyone has stayed clear of them.

The matronly orc continues.
“Olgrahk is on his way to destroy the temple now. We seldom go there because ancient men, who worshiped the sky, cursed the temple. They say the ancient men summoned spirits of the air to write down wisdom onto pillars there. In the past, some of our shamans read the pillars and gained strange powers.“

Another orc interrupts her.
But...That Which Peels Flesh has two plans. It hates signs of mortal life. The second, now that it has finished reminding the Severed Hand orcs of their sinfulness, it wants to spread out and kill other humanoids in the mountains. It has started a dark ritual to summon more of its kind here, and then they will attack. Preparations started when we left, so the ritual should begin soon.”

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

We need to get to the temple first ! Knowledge must be preserved at all cost! Says D'lack.


Magnimar Lodge

The troubled orc, unrestrained by either Pathfinders or his peers,
1d5 ⇒ 3 notices Lem had spotted him and rushes the gnome.

"WITNESS ME WORMCALLER!!!!"

Force Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 3) = 16

Lem is buffeted back by the force of the explosion, which kills not only the orc youth, but another that had the misfortune of fleeing in the same direction as the Pathfinder. One of the few Hellknights that hadn't introduced himself is also buffeted back, getting back up with a groan indicating new wounds.

The remainder of the conversation is told to Lem by the same orc-girl, who on her knees is trying her best to help Lem with his injuries, but cannot as she doesn't have anything that could help.

Those few orcs left are terrified, scrambling back to the edge of the plateau. "What is the meaning of all this? asks Signifier Karva as she rushes to the scene with the nameless but otherwise well known goateed Hellknight.


Magnimar Lodge

Seeing the carnage, she gives a stern look to the orcs then to all of you, stopping on Pyra and Beorin.
"If you are done with them, I'll be sending them to Pharasma's court. Hellknight Hodiak, Signifier Drawsne!"

The two hellknights mentioned, one being the skinheaded one and the other the goateed wizard, approach their leader, one drawing his waraxe as the other begins chanting.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

"Most respectfully, we are not done with them just yet," says Pyra, bowing her head to Signifier Karva.
"I do not wish to speak for my comrades, nor the Pathfinders, so let my actions only fall upon my head if they enrage you, but I am a person of the Law, and must act accordingly".
Pyra motions to the orcs that came running from the scarred ones.
"They came seeking refuge, and thus do not seem to be caught up in the
irredeemable corruption of the others. They have given us helpful information which shows reformation in their wrongdoing, so we must help them along this path. Which will serve us too, by urging others to come our merciful side, and thus weaken our enemy"
.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Diplomacy reroll: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 Harsk tee-shirt reroll w. +3 from stars
Turning to the Orcs: "Do you renounce Evil and seek absolution through serving us faithfully, until we have time to calmly see what to do with you?".


Magnimar Lodge

Signifier Karva puts up a hand, eyeing Pyra sourly and perhaps wishing her mask was still on to lend her words a smidge more gravitas. At her signal, the Hellknights besides her stand ready.

"Indeed we serve law above all else." she says for Pyra's benefit. "But, I suppose an effort must be made to show goodwill. Pathfinder." she continues, "If these are not to be slaughtered like the... Ahem. If they are not to be slaughtered, they must swear an oath recognizing the failure of their old ways and attesting they will follow the ways of all people who live under the rule of queen Abrogail the second. If they do this, the Order of the Gate has no fight with them, beasts as they may be."

She sighs as both Hellknights back down, Hellknight Hodiak stowing his axe away without any further comment and Signifier Drawne, looking rather peeved, walking away.
"Easy enough" comments the former as he scratches his bald head.

Signifier Karva nods. "When this is done Pathfinders, we must speak of our Path."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

When Pyra is done with them, Taerel talks to the orcs. "Make your oaths, if you choose to take them... and live. Know that these Knights will expect you to abide by them. Then run into the hills and scatter."

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

Pyra bows to Signifier Karva, and turns to the orcs, nodding to Taerel: "Your Oath will bind you, and your Redemption should be honest and true. Think of those saving and sparing you".

Then she will leave to be with her comrades and speak of the Path.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP: 39 /48| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +4| Perc: +7| Fort: +8 | Ref: +2| Will: +8| CMB: +5| CMD: 15| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +3;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.( Reli): +5| Kn (His & Nob):+4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Beorin nods in approval.
"Well put Pyra. Better then any words I could have said, despute these being the mortal enemies of my people. As for paths, the temple is obviously a threat to the creature and we should preserve it."


Halfling
Spoiler:
Hp 66/66 AC 20, t15, ff17 F +6, R+9, W +7; Perc 2
Bard 7

Lem just smiles and nods. "Well, I can´t wait to continue with this excursion. Command us Signifer, command us. And we will follow your orders!"


Magnimar Lodge

"We have seen it's madness, and now so have you!" weeps the girl "We won't go down it's path. If swearing oaths will save us from it's sigils, we will swear oaths."

It takes some time, but the remaining five orcs swear allegiance to Cheliax and House Thrune.

***

A little later, you find yourselves with Signifier Karva, along with the four Hellknights. Not only is Signifier Karva present, but Hellknights Bee, Manius and Signifier Abraxia are also present.

"I had planned to stop and rest. But it seems that is not to be. The information We've been given, based on your interrogation of the orcs, tells me that we do not have a minute to waste. We must make our way to the orc lair and purge "He-Who-Peels-Flesh" from existence."

She pauses, and after a quick glance at D'lack and Beorin, steels herself as she looks at each of you in turn. "The Sky Temple is in the opposite direction to the orc lair. I was told that you were here to aid us in our task. I have tried my best to accommodate your methods, in the spirit of cooperation as Pathfinder Pyra was kind enough to remind me earlier. Now, I must ask you whether you will honor your commitment to us and to the Order of the Gate, or if you will disregard the promises made and go off to rescue the Sky Temple. And let me be clear; you cannot "split up" and attempt to fufill your obligation and go towards the ruin. A unit of battle is one body. Any division in the unit is a rift into chaos, a cancer that proliferates until the unit dies. If you are not capable of acting as a unit, I will not subject my Hellknights to your disorderly behavior."

She pauses, trying to keep her tone to that of the woman you met two days earlier. With effort, she continues.

"You gave your word that you would assist us. If you plan to betray that word, lay your true nature bare and betray it, but do not play at loyalty and attempt to weasel your way into our good graces. If you are ready to act together and with honor, join us."

All around her, the other Hellknights stand, trying to dissimulate their feelings behind a stoic mask of impassivity.

Sooo... What are you going to do? I need a consensus from the Party. Also, there was the matter of the officer orcs and any gear you wanted to retrieve from them.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

"I stand by my word, 'tis my bond, and thus my commitment to accompany and aid you".

Pyra could be interested in checking the vials on red and purple, and there was a cloak for someone maybe (some armor, maybe spear) - but no way to really tell what is what for Pyra

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP: 39 /48| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +4| Perc: +7| Fort: +8 | Ref: +2| Will: +8| CMB: +5| CMD: 15| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +3;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.( Reli): +5| Kn (His & Nob):+4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

I will abstain from the vote as I have played this.
Also Since when Has Beorin given his word to be betrayed? Now that's playing dirty. :P

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

D'lack turns to Pyra and says

We must preserve knowledge! I understand the Hellknights plea, but Knowledge must be preserved at all cost!

for the orc officer, D'lack will cast detect magic from a safe distance and tell his comrade what is magical and what is not.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

@GM Aarvid I just re-read the posts re. pledges and such, and do not see us directly pledging to Karva, correct?
I only see her telling us "my Hellknights will sacrifice their lives to accomplish this mission, and I expect no less from you. If you truly wish to return home safely, obey my commands and heed your duties".
I imagine the pledge Karva just mentioned is from our VC to the Hellknights?
Our orders were: "we would like you to obtain a transcription of each pillar" [...] “Equally important to recovering these tablets is your mission to aid the Hellknights in securing the Menador Mountains. [...] they are still useful allies who share a number of our goals. Helping eliminate the threat will strengthen our alliance and ensure Hellknight aid in the future.”
Just wanted to check if I am not missing something, or seeing too much, re. pledges etc. re. the Paladin's Code

"Those old pillars aren't going anywhere, and Dame Dralneen clearly stated that she wanted that knowledge for the Dark Archives. Whereas aiding the Hellknights is for the good of the Society in general, also, as a Crusader I strive to destroy the forces of Evil, and we should deal with the living threat before going rummaging around old rocks and runes".

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Taerel stands with Pyra. "I am a scholar, and do not wish to see the temple destroyed, but I stand by my word and will continue to aid the Hellknights. Without discipline and order, all would routinely be lost. We must hope that the temple has defenses enough, but we need to stay true to our purpose."


Halfling
Spoiler:
Hp 66/66 AC 20, t15, ff17 F +6, R+9, W +7; Perc 2
Bard 7

Lem ponders for a second, even less!"Ma´am. I gave my word. That is all I got in the world. You have my loyality for this mission! Some knowledge is not for men to have!"


Magnimar Lodge

@Pyra - you are correct. The VC made the deal with the Hellknights on your behalf as Pathfinders. Not you directly. No conflict with Paladin code if you follow either direction as far as I can see. Both were orders from high command and will stop the greater evil/chaos.

@D'lack you detect vials and items as listed on the prior page, on the two officer orcs. None detected on the other 4 dead grunts.

Signifier Karva and the Hellknights are prepping to march to the Orc Lair. She will expect the party consensus on which path you choose - Lair with Hellknights or Sky Temple alone.

Work out the decision for the group and assign a spokesperson with the vote

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

It seems we have (sorry if I got one wrong):
• Pyra - Taerel - Lem for leaving w. the Hellknights
• D'Lack for the pillars
• Beorin not voting


Magnimar Lodge

So who is telling Karva the party's response?

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

My feeling is that since we are leaving w. the Hellknights it is not too important who does so. Pyra is okay to do so, but I feel whoever wishes to RP It can


Magnimar Lodge

Ok, we will assume you convince D'lack and all go with the Hellknights. I will post the next actions, but feel free to retcon if you want to grab any of the left-over gear from the rune-trapped bodies.

Assuming someone (Lem) decides to inform the signifier of the decision you have reached as a group.

Signifier Karva's face perceptibly as you inform her of your decision. "You are a credit to your organization. In spite of your natural leanings. I will remember that. We will proceed with all haste to the Sky Temple once the threat has been dealt with. I hope however that interrupting this ritual does not release it's energy destructively."

The Hellknights are quick to pack up their camp; some of them turn to prayer to beseech their patrons for a few more spells for the day, others passing around scrolls and potions. But soon it is done, and under cover of night. with only the light of the funerary pyre to guide the way, the group moves onwards towards the Severed Hand village.

What greenery remained is quickly gone, with dark barren rock and ugly grey clay surrounding you as you move on forwards on the narrowing mountain road. Out of the corner of your eye, you think you see pebbles defying gravity, toothed maws appear in the ground, yawning or grinning. The rain returns, this time a weak impotent drizzle, as you spot the first warrens of the shattered orc tribe. Totems, skewering various fresh skulls, raw flesh still clinging to their sides, stand on either side of the road. Pillars of bone rise up towards the weeping heavens, surrounded by growing pits of writhing worms.

Soon the mountain path dead-ends inside of a boxed-in canyon. Crude carvings and ancient paintings cover the walls, marking this as the ancestral home of the tribe. Scattered across the canyon floor are large piles of stacked skulls. Four sets of carved stairs lead to yawning caves in the sides of the canyon.

In the center of the canyon is a sprawling pit of worms and writhing insects. A narrow stone path leads to a small island in the pit of worms, where an altar made of bone rests surrounded by a circle of glowing runes. Within this circle, two robed orcs men chant words of power, blood streaming down their cheeks. Baring your way to them, a lone orc warrior, a grin on his face. "WE EXPECT YOU MEAT. NOW YOU DIE" he exclaims before howling, a long drawn out cry that is soon echoed throughout the warrens.

"By the Laws... How many of them are there?" whispers Signifier Rulla, as the first orc fighters, emaciated, weak but crazed and carved with runes, emerge from their holes. "GATE BEHOLD US! TONIGHT THEY DIE! HELLKNIGHTS! PROTECT OUR ALLIES!"

The Hellknights immediately split into two teams, the larger group heading towards the nouth end to contain the largest group of orcs while the smaller one goes to bar the way for the southern group. On the platform, all three orcs await with a sadistic grin.


Magnimar Lodge

Since you roughly knew the location, you could have pre-cast minutes or longer buffs as you approached the cavern. Let me know which if you have. This occurs 30 mins since the last battle with the orcs. Also, you'd have time to mark off any additional healing if you have not already cured injuries sustained.

init:

Initiative
Beorin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
D'lack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Lem: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Pyra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Taerel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Hellknights: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Orcs: 1d20 ⇒ 14

=== Round 1 === (Bold are up)
Lem ()
Hellknights()
Pyra(), D'lack()

Orcs(red )(purple)(maroon )
Taerel(), Beorin()

Hellknights Aid:

Action Result - Party can once per round request aid from the Hellknights - but at the potential detriment of the Hellknights providing the aid:
*1 A Hellknight hurls a magic missile at a foe, dealing 2d4+2 points of damage.
*2 A Hellknight casts cure moderate wounds and heals a PC for 2d8+3 points of damage.
*3 A Hellknight cast shield other on a PC. After taking 20 points of damage from the spell, the Hellknight dies.
*4 A Hellknight casts scorching ray at a foe (+6 ranged touch attack, one ray).

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

On the road to face the One That Flays Flesh and Other Not Nice Things, Pyra addresses Taerel:
"Taerel Morgenfrei do not take this for a proposal, now! But would you accept to wear this ring? By doing so you let me share your wounds and spare you".
Put the ring on, Pyra has another like it. Then she casts Shield Other (lasts 7 hours) and Taerel gets +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on saves, and you only take 50% of damage you receive, Pyra receives the other 50% - note: we must remain within 40 ft. of one another or else the spell stops.
Note: in case Taerel refuses, Pyra will offer to D'lack.

Upon seeing the orcs, and the fight about to begin, Pyra uses her wand of Magic Weapon to enchant her adamantine scimitar, and then put the wand away.
If okay to do so, let us say that Pyra starts w. 8/10 rounds left?

Pyra will wait for Lem to act - imagining Haste might be cast - and then will clonk along in her heavy armor, moving towards the Orc Shaman-Priests of evil: "If you stay by me, Sarenrae will bolster your courage!"
bonus to saves vs. Fear when in 10 ft. radius

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

D'lack mutter for himself about knowledge and fools, but follows his comrades's will.
After the battle he renews his mage armor's spell with his wand before venturing forth.

Once near the foul place he will casts shield and see invisibility.

What is this place? Looks like the one cursed by the demon god in the Ekujae's forbidden land...

@GM is D'lack see invisible thing?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Taerel is happy to accept the protections. He uses his wand of CLW to heal that last small wound (1 hp).

As they approach the cave, Taerel casts Magic Weapon on his longbow, which he will have ready. (4 minute duration).


Magnimar Lodge

Figure any pre-init-buffs are reduced by 1 minute duration as you wind through the cavern and reach the lair. So Pyra's wand would have to be part of her rounds action if she desires.

Lem ponders his action while D'lack scans for invisible foes.

D'lack:
Nothing 'invisible' appears within your sight/range

Also, make sure you check the Hellknight spoiler above, if you need aid during any round of conflict. They only support once per round, so someone needs to declare(free) the desired support/action.

=== Round 1 === (Bold are up...I will put into delay late tonight unless posted)
Lem ()
Hellknights()
Pyra(), D'lack()

Orcs(red )(purple)(maroon )
Taerel(), Beorin()

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

Will not use the wand. Still has its 50 charges. Great purchase!

Pyra will wait to see if Lem gives us great speed, and then stomp along in her heavy armor...

Double move whatever happens: if not hasted, Pyra goes to the first circle, if hasted, then to the other one close to the enemy


Magnimar Lodge

Since Lem was having PC/desktop problems, I am going to assume haste+inspire as his actions just to keep things moving. That should burn his last 3rd level spell since he used haste last fight as well

Lem casts forth a spell to slow down the world and the Pathfinders see the activities in clarity. He then starts an inspiring tune.

Party has haste and +2/+2 on attacks

Pyra uses her new found agility to double-time into melee with the large orc warlord awaiting her with a grin and a falchion.

D'lack still can act before the orcs go...


Halfling
Spoiler:
Hp 66/66 AC 20, t15, ff17 F +6, R+9, W +7; Perc 2
Bard 7

Thanks for botting me. I bought a new PC. But getting the old data back :-(

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

Thanks to Lem's song and spell, D'lack is able to move faster than expected and once near Pyra he calls for the Fire of His Ancestor to burn the orc near Pyra !

move 12 squares and cast a spell

May Fire be your downfall! casting scorching ray on red

RTA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 16
Fire Damages: 4d6 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 5) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 19

AC23


Magnimar Lodge

D'lack fires a ray of fire into the melee with Pyra and the red orc warlord, barely striking him while avoiding her.

The orc howls in rage, but stands firm.

Puny fires! I WILL FEED YOUR REMAINS TO THE WORMS!

The orc spits and slashes twice with his red falchion, followed by a bite to Pyra's neck.

Assuming full hp and AC28 for Pyra with haste. Also, more than 40' from Taerel, so shield other may be down.

+1 falchion, rage,str: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29 for dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 + 3 = 20 hit
+1 falchion, rage,str: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16 for dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 + 3 = 18 miss
Bite, rage,str: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 for dmg: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9
crit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29 for dmg: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7 crits

Both of the robed orcs in the back stop their ritual and utter divine words. Both disappear from sight.

PINKSKINS! STOP THEM!

D'lack:
You see both caster, now doubled and moving towards the combat

=== Round 1 === (Haste and Song)
Lem (sings)
Hellknights()
Pyra(-36), D'lack()
Orcs(red -19)(purple-invis)(maroon-invis)
Taerel(), Beorin()

=== Round 2 === (Haste and Song)
Lem (sings)
Hellknights()
Pyra(-36), D'lack()
Orcs(red -19)(purple-invis)(maroon-invis)
Taerel(), Beorin()

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

Taerel moves forward, and shoots his bow at the orc warlord.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


Magnimar Lodge

Taerel moves up quickly, with bow and arrow of his kin.

Taerel:
I do not see precise shot feat, so just letting you know firing into melee with cover, you are shooting at -8 total.

The arrow skips off the orcs shoulder plate as he circles in combat with the paladin.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Wizard 4 / Fighter 1| HP: 28/28 | AC: 2019 (1514 Tch, 1615 Fl) | CMD: 1918 | F: +3+1, R: +4+1, W: +5+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +1 | Active conditions: +1 Str. +4 Dex, Haste

GM:
Yep, them's the breaks I guess.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 5 | HP: 39 /48| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +4| Perc: +7| Fort: +8 | Ref: +2| Will: +8| CMB: +5| CMD: 15| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +3;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.( Reli): +5| Kn (His & Nob):+4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Beorin swears under his breath at seeing his companions getting wounded.
Calling upon Torag to grant him strength as he moves forward.

Casting Bull strength.


Halfling
Spoiler:
Hp 66/66 AC 20, t15, ff17 F +6, R+9, W +7; Perc 2
Bard 7

Lem double moves forward, keeping the song up.


Magnimar Lodge

Taerel, Lem and Beorin dash forward, closing ranks with the center group. Beorin taking a stop to bolster his muscle power.

The Hellknights press their orc foes to your north and south, leaving you to deal with the ritual in the center. Signifier Karva, amidst the battle calls over.

PATHFINDERS! Let us know if you need assistance. We will do the same

=== Round 2 === (Haste and Song)
Lem (sings)
Hellknights()
Pyra(-36), D'lack()

Orcs(red -19)(purple-invis)(maroon-invis)
Taerel(), Beorin()

Scarab Sages

Sorcerer 5
Spoiler:
HP 17/32 | AC15 (11FF, 14T) | Perception +7, Sense Motive -1 | +4 Init | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 | Spell 1 : 7/7 Spell 2 : 5/5

GM Aarvid:
Can I take both spellcaster and the orc leader in a burning hand spell ? If this is not the case, how far from D'lack they are ?

D'lack says Be careful, both spellcasters are invisible, I have nothing to help against that, but if someone has, I could help him target the zone where they are.

Silver Crusade

Female Human (Keleshite) | Paladin (CORE) 7 of Sarenrae | 81/81 HP | Init +1 | Perc +1 | SM +8 | AC 28 T 27 FF 12 | CMB +10 CMD 22 (FF 21) | F +15 R +9 W +13 | LoH (3d6) 7/7, Channel (4d6) DC17 2/2, Smite 3/3, Summon Camel 1/1

Facing the Orc with the red falchion, Pyra sends a silent blessing to Lem the Valliant who gave her Courage and Speed, and, using all her Might, she calls out: "Sarenrae judges you, worm!".
The adamantine of her scimitar flashes as it comes down, slashing left, and a backhanded right, before one last piercing jab...
Pyra then steps to the Orc's side, so as to let her comrades have a better line of sight.

Death to the Infidel:
• Swift to Smite; Full Attack w. Power Attack, Haste, Inspire Courage; 5ft step
• 3 attacks: +13, +13, +8 for 1d6+9 each
Left slash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Right slash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Pierce: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
If this Orc is Evil, then +4 to all Attacks and +7 to each damage roll:
Left slash if evil: 25 to hit for 20 damage
Right slash if evil: 25 to hit for 19 damage
Pierce if evil: 28 to hit for 19 damage
--and, if Orc is Evil it bypasses all and any DR)
(if the Orc is an Evil Outside, Dragon or Undead... who knows? then an extra 7 damage if 1st hit connects)

Finally: if Orc is Evil, Pyra goes up to AC 31

201 to 250 of 309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP PFS Gameday VI CORE: 7-25 Orders from the Gate [5-9] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.