Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP Gameday VI PFS] **Regular** Helikon´s Beyond Aztlant Ridge •

Game Master Helikon

Maps & More


1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Although the city of Nantambu is hot, the interior of Sharrowsmith’s Exports is cool and dim. Aya Allahe gestures to a sideboard of iced
drinks and jungle fruits as she settles in behind her tidy desk.
“Please, refresh yourselves, for I’m about to ask you to journey far from the comforts of civilization.” The only other person in the
room is a half-elf named Fola Barun, who has curly hair and dark skin painted with delicate designs. Fola stands behind a massive
oak table, meticulously adding details to a half-finished map.
Allahe’s brow wrinkles over her golden eyes, hinting at her worry. “North of Bloodcove is the mountainous Terwa Uplands
and a scarp called Azlant Ridge. For more than six years, Pathfinder archeologists at Azlant Ridge have been excavating
an Azlanti outpost of vital historical significance; it’s perhaps the only Azlanti outpost on the Mwangi coast.”
Allahe pauses. “Fola, you mentioned to me before that you wanted to learn how Pathfinder agents begin a
mission. Why don’t you hold off on that map for a few minutes and listen?” The half-elf carefully sets
her cartography aside and strides over behind the desk. Allahe nods approvingly and continues, “My
good friend, Juliet Dias, leads the expedition at Azlant Ridge. During their first year, the
expedition was beset by a horde of ape-men, but was saved by the timely intervention of
a group of Pathfinder agents. The site has been mostly quiet ever since—Juliet provides
monthly reports. Archeology is a slow and careful science, as Juliet is keen
to remind me. Not all Pathfinders are reckless thrill-seekers.” Allahe
flashes a conspiratorial smile.
Fola Barun speaks up. “Juliet Dias’s monthly correspondence
is a week overdue. Her last missive described a strange light
emanating from somewhere deeper in the Terwa Uplands, and her intense
curiosity about it.” She slides a folded letter across the desk.
Aya adds, “I fear for my friend. Go to Azlant Ridge and seek out Juliet Dias. If she has met danger, please assist her. If my
fears prove true, and Juliet is injured or worse, please ensure that the Pathfinder archeologists under her supervision are safe and
continuing their valuable work, and then bring Juliet back to me.
I have a riverboat to Bloodcove ready to depart, and I’ll provide you directions from Bloodcove to Azlant Ridge. Although I ask
that you hurry, it is important that you ask whatever questions you may have before departing.”

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

The holy man considers what he's heard. "Has there been anything of particular note in her last reports?"

Grand Lodge

F Halfling Hunter 3 | HP 15/22 | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Ft +5 Rf +7 Wi +4 ; +2 vs. fear | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells 4/4

Barefoot, leather-clad Nat drinks and eats eagerly from the provided refreshments as she listens to Allahe.

"Do you think it's the Aspis who are behind the trouble? I mean, it's near Bloodcove right? Isn't that an Aspis nest?"

Knowledge (geography, local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Knowledge History15+:

Several millennia ago, the western Mwangi expanse was a contested battleground between the declining serpentfolk empire and the cyclopes of Ghol-Gan. Although the Azlanti were not generally allies of Ghol-Gan, they had the insidious serpentfolk as a common enemy.

Knowledge History20+:

The Ghol-Gan cyclopes were renowned astronomers and worshiped celestial bodies.

Knowledge History25+:

If the Azlant Ridge site is indeed 10,000 years old, as believed, then it would have been established just as the Ghol-Gan empire was slipping into its own decline, exhausted after long centuries of fighting the serpentfolk. The cyclopes would likely have welcomed Azlanti aid against their old enemies.


Aya replies the hunters questions:"“Unfortunately, yes. The Aspis Consortium is in control of Bloodcove, the closest settlement to Azlant
Ridge, so they might be involved. Keep a watchful eye for their meddling.”

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The holy man considers what he's heard. "Has there been anything of particular note in her last reports?"

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

I never though I'll be back in Mwangi. thinks Guinfa as he crosses Nantambu for the meeting. It haven't change at all

In the meeting, after hearing the problem at hand and the question of Huni he adds. Especially something related with that "strange light". It can be a coincidence the dissapearence of your friend to have happened shortly after it appeared, but it can also be related

If we have time to go to a temple before going out of Namtambu, Guinfa will like to have an attonement cast on him.

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

Tinker Boneshaker listened to the briefing taking notes in small battered journal before speaking up. "Let me make sure that I have the mission parameters correct. One, head to Azlant Ridge to locate Juliet Dais and make sure she is safe. Two, assist as needed to make sure that the archeologists complete their mission. Three, bring her safely home. About how many people are with the dig?" he asked.

K: History: 1d20 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (7) + (5) + 8 = 20
The Kitsune gave a brief description of the history of the area and the Ghol-Gan cyclops to the group.


A fat man steps in. "Am I to late. Don´t think so. Mavaro the great! Well met!"
KnowHist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Fola replies "Well you got the gist of it. Juliet Dias has over 20 archeologists and workers under her command." She will hand over a handout. And as the riverboat is rady you only have little time but one hour should be fine.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

"I am prepared to go. Any one need to gather some items before we are off?"


The journey through Bloodcove and into the Terwa Uplands proceeds without incident, and the adventure begins when you reach Azlant Ridge.
This ancient site is badly damaged from numerous violent incidents.
A series of thin switchback trails climb ever higher out of the jungle. Near the top, a dilapidated camp comes into view. The camp is surrounded by a wooden palisade wall forming a semicircle that both starts and ends at an imposing cliff face looming hundreds of feet above the camp. A gatehouse towers over the palisade, guarding a wooden gate. Near this gate is a large gap of splintered wood, as though some enormous creature recently smashed its way through the wall.


Mavaro moves in and speaks to the first person he sees.
"Yo mate. Where is your boss Juliet Dias? We are supposed to meet her?"

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

"Maravo, wait. The camp could have been overrun and only enemies reside within. Let's be smart about our approach."

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

As nobody seems eager to offer himself to prtect the rest of the group, Guinfa applies Meek Facade on himself everyday and haves ready her whip during the travel.

Once near the camp, and after haring Maravo and Huni, he join the conversation And how are you going to discern that from sight, Huni?

Let's go to gatehouse and talk to them. That will help us to discern if they are friends or foes.


A nervous looking you man, introduces himself als Vadlin Whent hails you as you get closer.
"What is your Business in this camp?"


A nervous looking you man, introduces himself als Vadlin Whent hails you as you get closer.
"What is your Business in this camp?" The voice seems to come from Euron.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

"It seems that our conversation has been rendered moot."

"We are seeking Juliet Dias. Do you know where we can find her? Also, can you tell us what happened here?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


The young man waves to the door.
"Excellent, excellent. We can need some help. She should be in the south, in the area of the many small tents!"
As you move forward you can see the Expedition camp:
Expedition Camp
Two large but sagging tents stand here—one is used for cooking, and the other serves as a mess hall. Between them are 10 canvas tents that the workers and archeologists share. The belongings in most tents have
been neatly packed. Only one tent seems to belong to only one person.
You see a red-haired, round-faced man, introducing himself as Happ Voltz directs 6 others to pack the unused tents to evacuate the site.
He wipes his brow with a hanky and looks up.
"What can I do for you, M´lords?"

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

"From the looks of things, it looks like you are getting ready to bug out of here. What happened and where might we find Juliet Dais?" Tinker asked.


Looking around Maravo checks for any magical auras.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

"Its obvious there was an attack, but more specifically. Are there any injured, perhaps I can be of help."


The man replies."Well the attack was wee days before. So far all is quite. Maybe to quite. But I take what I get."
Mavaro does notice some huge magical aura from the west.
Offering some chairs and some refreshment, happs starts to explain you a few things.
"Well, first of all Azlant Ridge is, fundamentally, an arms repository. The ivory sphere is a defense mechanism of some sort, and it’s somehow connected to the Azlanti monoliths—cold iron golems stored within the cliff as powerful weapons.
Six years ago, a howling horde of ape-men descended upon the camp, led by an enormous four-armed
gorilla. An Azlanti monolith activated to defeat the gorilla champion and drive off the horde, thanks to
the timely intervention of a team of Pathfinders. Since then, the camp has had only sporadic trouble with the
local ape-men. So far so well
A few weeks ago, a steady white light appeared in the Terwa Uplands. Juliet Dias and six archeologists went
to investigate. Although the light appeared to be only a day away or so, no one has returned. Me and my crew focused our research on the ivory sphere, and learned that its glow doesn’t just indicate danger—it indicates powerful
fiendish activity. When a fiend is near, the sphere activates an Azlanti monolith to seek and destroy the
fiend. The remaining workers became much more concerned about Dias’s welfare upon learning this, but didn’t feel qualified to trek across the Terwa Uplands themselves. Two days ago, another Azlanti monolith activated,
smashed its way through the camp, and it killed Sam, Georgy-boy, Happy Harry and some moreworkers and guards in its way, and plodded off toward the distant light. Well we are convinced that Juliet Dias and her crew must already be dead and that some formidable fiend is most certainly active in the area,so some of the local help immediately fled back to Bloodcove."

He takes a deep drink, but before you can ask something, there is a holler of monkey shrieks.
Please roll ini!

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

"Sounds like we have company coming!" Tinker said as he tried to see where the noise was coming from.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Huni looks for the danger.

Grand Lodge

F Halfling Hunter 3 | HP 15/22 | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Ft +5 Rf +7 Wi +4 ; +2 vs. fear | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells 4/4

Nat has been quiet on the journey, spending most of her time with her boar, Squealy Nord. She's spent the time scouting out their route and hunting for game to keep the pathfinders fed. Now, however, she hears the monkey shrieks and prepares herself for battle.

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Nat looks around for danger and shouts a command to Squealy in elvish.

Knowledge(nature) to recognize whatever it is when it comes into view: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Another attack? Then he turns toward the workers, put behind us, we'll protect you.


Ini: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


IniBadboys: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
The two Badboys come closer.
Map is up. Warning map is big and party is small ;-)


Pathfinders are up

Grand Lodge

F Halfling Hunter 3 | HP 15/22 | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Ft +5 Rf +7 Wi +4 ; +2 vs. fear | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells 4/4

I added an icon for Squealy Nord, since Nat isn't able to ride him yet.

Nat moves out in the direction of the sounds, drawing her sling and preparing a bullet as she does so. Drawing sling as part of the move, and loading bullet as free action due to Warslinger alt. racial traits.

Not seeing anything, Nat prepares to send a bullet flying at anything hostile that comes within 30 feet. "అక్కడ వెళ్ళి, రక్షించండి!" she calls out in Elvish to her boar, pointing to a place in front of her among the tents.

Elvish:
"Go there, defend!"

Squealy Nord moves in front of his halfling, and is ready to attack any foe that seems to be moving to attack her.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

Shield of Faith

So the enemies are the two simian figures north of us?

Huni performs a preparatory kata to channel his chi and it alters his aura to ward him from harm.

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

Tinker reached over with his left hand to grab a small vial and drank it down as he drew his rapier. Stepping forward, he took up a spot to help guard the others.

Drink Shield extract (AC 21), move to new position, rapier out.


Mavaro prepares to attack the apemen if they come closer!
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 161d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Guinfa moves to put himself in the middle an readies his whip to attack.

whip trip attack, defensive combat: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 0 - 4 = 15


The apeman come closer. The first is getting to close to Mavaro and is nearly killed. But with a shriek he attacks.
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
The other comes closer but just falls down as Guinfa trips him.
Pathfinders are up!

Grand Lodge

F Halfling Hunter 3 | HP 15/22 | AC 19 Tch 14 FF 16 | Ft +5 Rf +7 Wi +4 ; +2 vs. fear | Init +5 | Perc +10 | Animal Focus 3/3 | Spells 4/4

The apes don't appear to have moved from the location on the map. Are any within 30 feet? Does Squealy have a charge lane?

If there is an opponent within 30 ft:

sling attack, damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 161d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

If Squealy has a route to an enemy, he'll move up to it and attack:

gore attack, damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 If that's a charge, he'll do an additional 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage.


He can, sorry had the wrong slide.
Bad I -14; Bad II -16, tripped

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

Shield of Faith

Huni moves up to the badguy and attacks.
Unarmed Strike: Belier's Bite
to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 to hurt: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 bleed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

With a foe that just happens to be near him, the investigator stabbed at the ape.

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d6 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Guinfa focus on the apemen who looks more able to fight. You come here to pillage and found the site better defended than you thoug, didn`t you? He laughs of them before specify his threats You want to continue alive? Surrender.

Or continue fighting and I'll make the same offer to your friend. The deccision is on you he lasty adds, sounding like he really doesn't mind who surrenders and who dies.

Intimidate, being larger?: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 4 = 21 It looks I'm bigger, but if it's not the case substract 4


Mavaro attacks again.
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Under the combined attacks the two apemen die.
The baboons that joined with them see them die and run in panic.
Happ thanks you with all his heart and offers you a satchel, that was still in Juliet Dias’s tent. It has an unfinished report, detailed notes on the direction of the light (they will grant you a bonus to follow her tracks, also a pair of lenses.

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Guinfa checks the dead bodies to be sure they're really dead and if they carry something interesting. That's how we are going to do the things? Kill them and ask later?

Don't get me wrong, I can do that way too, but I'll prefer to know it beforehand so I doesn't waste efforts trying to convince them

After having complained a little, Guinfa checks the satchel and seeing the notes he asks if someone has good survival skills.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

"If not, we will still succeed at this test of our mettle and ingenuity."

Dark Archive

M Kitsune Investigator (Empiricist) 3 HP 27/27 AC 17/T13/FF 14 F+3/R+6/W+3|Int+5|Per +8

Checking on the report, Tinker looked it over and then took a closer look at the pair of lenses.

Detect magic (From Wealthy Dabbler) if magical, spellcraft
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + (5) + 8 = 18


THose are lense of detection
Are you ready to continue?

Sovereign Court

Male Ganzi Mesmerist 3 HP: (27/27) | AC: 19 | T: 12 | FF: 17 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +5| Ref: +6 | Will: +5 (+4 to will if not under fear, +2 vs polymorph, +2(4) vs undead SU & EX ) | Init: +4| Perc: +6

Guinfa ready


Mavaro is ready.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 3| AC 18 (20) T 12 FF 16 (18) | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +3| Blessings 3/4| Lvl 1: 3/4, Orizon: 4/at will

Huni was born ready.

1 to 50 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / It´s just a tiny something All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.