Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: Solstice Scar (Session #2; Tier 3-4)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Aid Tokens:

During the event, it is possible for characters at one table to assist those at another with Aid Tokens. Each represents the assistance of allied Pathfinder agents who assist the PCs.

Once per encounter, any character at a table can use an Aid Token to assist the group in one of the ways described below. Once a table uses an Aid Token, one of the players then passes the Aid Token to a neighboring table for them to use. A table can only benefit from one token per encounter. Because there are a limited number of Aid Tokens, hoarding one means that somebody else doesn’t get to use it.

If a table receives an Aid Token and doesn’t need its benefits, they’re encouraged to boost its potency by expending some of their own resources or attempting a skill check. Boosting an Aid Token, including attempting a skill check, is part of passing that Aid Token to another table. A table can neither retry such a skill check nor boost an Aid Token more than once before passing it to another table. A table may boost a token even while in combat without taking any in-round actions; the scenario assumes the aid was granted before that encounter began. Using a boosted effect consumes the boost.

Some Aid Token benefits may only be used if already boosted by another table. An Aid Token’s benefits vary based on the table’s subtier, and these benefits can take one of the following forms:

Allied Offensive: A Pathfinder agent strikes a creature at the same time as the PC, increasing the damage dealt by one attack by 1d8 points. In addition, after the attack, anyone attacking the target is considered to be flanking it until the beginning of the attacker’s next turn. To Boost: Succeed at an attack roll against an AC equal to an Average skill check. Boosted Effect: +1d8 points of damage.

Burst of Healing: A Pathfinder agent heals all of the PCs of 1d6 points of damage. To Boost: Expend one use of channel positive energy or cast one spell with the healing descriptor with a spell level greater than or equal to your APL/2, rounded up. A PC must cast this spell, not simply activate a wand or scroll. Boosted Effect: +2d6 points of damage healed.

Timely Inspiration: A Pathfinder agent provides the effects of a bard’s inspire courage bardic performance for 3 rounds. In Subtiers 1–2 and 3–4, the competence bonus is +1. To Boost: Expend 3 rounds of bardic performance or similar ability. Boosted Effect: Increase the competence bonus by 1.

Provide Knowledge (must be boosted): Gain the benefits of a Knowledge skill check or Spellcraft skill check used to identify a magical item; the type and difficulty (Easy, Average or Hard) depend on the table granting the benefit. To Boost: Succeed at a Knowledge check of your choice, the result of the check (Easy, Average or Hard) should be noted on the Aid Token.

Provide Spellcasting (must be boosted): Gain the benefits of a beneficial spell cast by an ally as listed on the Aid Token. To Boost: Cast one of the following spells and note your PC’s name and caster level on the Aid Token: lesser restoration, neutralize poison, remove curse, or remove disease. Only these spells may be granted. Expending resources that produce the effects of these spells, such as a paladin’s mercy class feature, may also grant these benefits.

Orc Benefits:

Blenta Benefit:
PCs gain a +1 on attack and damage rolls against animals and magical beasts for the rest of the adventure.

Borbus Benefit:
Before attempting a Bluff, Escape Artist, Perform, or Sleight of Hand check during this adventure, a PC can decide to roll twice and take the higher result. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.

Bukog Benefit:
Each PC gains a +5 bonus on any Day Job checks performed at the end of this adventure.

Gekgaro Benefit:
Each PC gains the Nimble Moves feat until the end of the adventure.

Graffa Benefit:
Each PC chooses either the Acrobatic or Athletic feat and gains it for the rest of the adventure.

Kardook Benefit:
Each PC can use Martial Flexibility as a 1st-level brawler once before the end of the adventure; if a PC already has the martial flexibility class feature, she gains 1 additional use per day for the rest of the adventure.

Mirtgog Benefit:
At the start of an encounter, each PC can choose to gain the Precise Strike feat for the duration of the encounter. Each PC can use this benefit once before the end of the adventure.


1 to 50 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

This game is part of the multi-table special Solstice Scar that will begin at the start of Session #2, on October 6th!

Liberty's Edge

Human Fighter 4 HP 46/46 | AC 25 T 12 FF 23 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | CMB +8 CMD 20 | Speed 20ft Init +4 Perc +3 Special: Know (local), Athletics, +1 A/D vs animals, Nimble Moves, Martial Flex, Precise Strike, Borbus, +5 on day job

.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. The Three Masters, as well as other notable Pathfinders, have been teaching a variety of classes during the Torchbearing to cover a wide variety of topics such as spellcasting techniques and the history of Golarion itself. For the more athletic Pathfinder agents, several obstacles have been provided, as well as a triathlon. Truly, the Torchbearing has something for every agent and this year's has been no exception.

To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor - a good thing, too, as each of you have worked up quite the appetite over the course of the day. As you sit inside the Grand Lodge's great dining hall, a refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the massive first course, which featured such a variety of dishes and in such numbers that several of you even wonder if you've got any room left for dessert!

If anyone here has the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge vanity, you may attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of Heroes’ Feast for the duration of Part One. You may invite one guest, such as another PC or animal companion, to gain these benefits as well!

While everyone waits for dessert to be served, the tables in the dining hall buzz with conversation. A popular topic at your table as well as at several others is the class hosted by Venture-Captain Drendle Drang - ’Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: How to Play the Fool to Fool Your Enemies’. Several of your fellow agents chuckle as they recall the class, which featured such things as ridiculous disguises and the use of odd props and strange sayings in order to confuse and confound both friend and foe alike. Nearby, the halfling Janira Gavix can be seen sitting on the edge of one of the tables as she regales some of the junior agents about the time she'd narrowly escaped death at the hands of a fearsome minotaur, saved only by her fellow agents as well as some tricks she'd picked up at the Torchbearing held three or four years prior.

Looking all around, it's plain to see that everyone is enjoying themselves. The atmosphere is one of mirth and relaxation and camaraderie and in this moment in time, all truly does seem to be right with the world.

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

After having a good laugh about Venture-Captain Drang’s class, a young woman with pale green eyes and dirty blonde hair who’d also joined you at your table smiles. ”Isn’t this whole thing wonderful, New Friends? There’s been so much to see and learn over these few days!”

She eagerly turns to look at several of you. ”What sorts of things did you get up to? I tried one of the obstacle courses earlier - I’m uh, not really all that graceful so I thought the extra practice might help me.” She shakes her head. ”I was doing okay with it, until this crazy chicken distracted me and made me fall off the rope I was trying to climb! Must’ve smelled the cornbread I have in my pack…”

Then, as if suddenly remembering her manners, she smiles again and sticks her hand out to each of you. ”Sorry New Friends, I forgot to even tell you my name! I’m Corona Merrion and it’s really nice to meet all of you.”
______

Please introduce yourselves and also feel free to describe a class or other activity that your character has participated in during the Torchbearing Ceremony. Also, each of you should choose one skill. For the duration of this adventure, you will treat that skill as a class skill or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it is already a class skill for you. Once you’ve decided, please add this skill to your header or some other location where it’ll be easy to keep track of!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

A young man, or one that seems so, sits with a large grin. His appearance is very unsettling as half his face is covered in serpent-like scales but has an elven ear. The other part of his face has a long canine but appears completely human, even if his piercing right eye is completely black with a white pupil. However, what is the most awkward is his hair who at first glance seem to be dreadlocks but are long human-like fingers. He wears a mithral chain shirt and a sheathed rapier on his side.

The man bows his head and smiles at each one of you, making wide gestures, and you can tell easily he's really excited to be part of the discussion.

"WONDJERFULLLL, YOU BETCH! MWAHAHAHA!" shouts the weird man with still an impressive amount of chicken in his mouth.

"OHOHO! Waitch!" he says, gulping the half-chicken almost at once. He cleans his mouth with the back of his right hand and smiles widely.

"So nice to eventually talk with y'all! Mwahaha! The name's Esh! I was recruited when the society began to explore shores... a little farther than those lying in the Inner Sea." he says.

"As of today's competitions, the telling competition was sooooo cool! So much good folk to compete with! There was this little halfling with ever-shifting hair color, she was sooo good at lying! She could convince your grandmother she was born an eagle. Wait, what?" he raises a fingery eyebrow, thinking about what he just said. After a few instants of silence, he just shrugs and asks with a wider smile.

"Are you ready to be part of the tale?"

Esh's sheet will be update to match his level next week. The skill I choose is Bluff ^^

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

A purple haired halfling girl just stares at Esh while tossing bits of food back to her strange, blue pet(?) It looks a bit like Randall from Monsters Inc.

When he finishes and asks his question, the girl speaks up. "Is that your real face?"

The blue creature behind her smacks her with it's tale, and you can see both halfing and critter have matching glowing runes in their foreheads.

"Um, oh. What was your question? Oh right! Sure, we're ready. My name is Leepo, by the way, and this is my dog, Scritch."

"Hello." says the "dog", rolling his eyes.

"Anyway, you learned how to lie? I am not sure how that helps, but probably better than what I did. I though I was going into a lecture about the treasure hunting, but it ended up being all about religion. I mean, I guess there is some connection there, but I learned more about rituals and rites than anything else. Scritch, here, kept eating the book. He's pretty funny that way."

+1 for knowledge, religion.

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

"Personally, I think it would be really cool to have an eagle for a grandma," Corona responds, looking quite serious. "And if you were lucky, you'd be able to eventually sprout wings and fly one day! If that ever happens, you'll have to come and tell me all about it!"

"And you know, I've heard stories about people who can eat books and learn things that way," she continues, looking thoughtful. "But I've never tried it myself - I don't think I could eat a whole book anyway! Maybe I should start with something small, like a flyer or a single page."

She smiles at Scritch and cautiously reaches out to pet him. "Did it work when you tried it, New Friend Scritch? And how did it taste? Was it as good as New Friend Esh's chicken was?"

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

"Some books tasty. Not for learning, just hungry!" Scritch responds, purring a bit as the new girl rubs his heads. Small wings appear and flap slowly.

"Yah, that's right Scritch. We don't need no book learnin', do we?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

"Hee! At least books taste good to someone," Corona laughs. As her laughter dies down a bit, she cocks her head slightly to one side as she considers some of the other, quieter Pathfinders also sharing the table: a couple of humans, a dwarf. "What about you, New Friends? Do you have any fun stories to tell about the Torchbearing?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

A Garundi woman in her late twenties closes a travel journal and turns to Corona as she notices the attention, her darkly tanned skin creasing into a wide smile. She is dressed in a fine silk gown, with her hair pulled back into a shoulder length pony tail. She pushes her spectacles up onto the bridge of her nose as she joins the conversation. "Oh, I've been enjoying myself to no end. This is my first torchbearing, but it has been positively wonderful. I was torn between attending a lecture on the binding rituals of the ancient Osiriani, and a master class in oil painting. They were both so near and dear to my heart it was hard to choose, but I just could not pass up on the chance to learn more about the history of planar entities in my home. There have been so many that have lived or been called to its sands over the years."

She bows slightly to the group. "My name is Katswiri. I am a scholar of magic and history, and a seer. It is a pleasure to meet you all! I apologize if I missed your conversation before, or if I ask you to repeat yourself. The gods took my hearing in exchange for my gift of foresight, and I have made do with reading the mouth shapes of those around me." She looks curiously at Esh, eyeing his 'hair', black eye and scales, then turns an even more inquisitive look at Scritch for a few moments before returning her gaze to Esh. "I have never met a Ganzi before. Tell me, what event drew you to join the society? I feel like there must be quite a tale there."

Katswiri will take a +1 to Knowledge:Planes. I think recognizing a Ganzi and an Eidolon would both be knowledge:planes, right?
Knowledge: Planes. What is Esh?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Knowledge: Planes. What is Scritch?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

You're right Katswiri, knowledge planes it is :)

Delighted to be at the center of the attention, Esh's grin widen some more. He answers Corona "I'd be quite as lucky if wings sprout in my back one day. I just hope they would be made of fingers to add a little touch of chaos."

He turns towards Leppo and Scritch.

"Well met, companions! A pleasure to eventually hear the sound of your voice! Yes, this is my real face. Well, to be honest, sometimes I was called 'partyface'. I wonder why. Maybe it's because I like to party? HAHAHA! But what a wonderful doggo... thingo... serpent... you have here. Hi Scritch!"

When he hears Katswiri speaking up as well, he bows once more.

"Well met! I'llll maaake shhhuuuure youuuu'lll underrrrstand meee. Oh, that's not how it works? Well, sorry about that. I never met deaf people before." he says, apologizing.
"However, you ask quite a question right here. Let's stay with the short answer for now. As I said earlier, the society interested itself in the distant shores beyond the Sea and that's where I dwelt, bored. Some people I never saw before came into the Inn where I used to tell my stories and listened to me, before they told me their tales. That's when I learnt that I was more interested in other people's tales than mine. So I joined the society. And... voilà!"

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

Also correct on the Eidolon, and even though it resembles a flying serpent more than anything else, Leepo will insist that it is her "dog".

"I am having a great time here. The food is excellent! And while the lectures are sort of boring, I was watching a couple of physical sport contests, and they can be hilarious! Gotta watch out for Scritch, though. He tends to get into trouble places like this." The smile on Scritches face widens quite unnaturally. He winks, but says nothing.

Just a forewarning to everyone, this duo is not really optimized for much. Unlike many Eidolon's, Scritch is of limited use in combat, being more stealth oriented. He makes a great scout, however, but with limited range (due to distance from Leepo). Leepo will usually pretend to be dumb (and even shows disdain for scholarly types), but she is really fairly intelligent and brings some decent knowledge skills to the table. She also really likes to blow things up.

Silver Crusade

hp 17/30 | AC 20 t. 11 ff. 19 | CMD 16 (20 overrun/trip) | F +6 R +2 W +6 (+2 vs poisons, spells, spell-likes and death effects) | (Fv: 4/4 Bl: 3/4 L1: 2+/4+) | Senses Darkvision +7
Skills:
Acrobatics+0,Climb+3,Diplomacy+1,Heal+7,Intimidate-3,K.History(dwarven)+3,K .Religion+5,Per+7,SenseMotive+3,Stealth-3,Spellcraft+5,Survival+3,Stealth-3 ,Swim-1,Concentration+6
Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | - [Acrobatics +3]

A stout dwarf with the golden key symbol of Abadar around his neck makes some jumping gestures "The jumping lessons have been awesome" He has a large hammer at his back, and his eyes seem extremely sad for some reason.

Acrobatics

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

Katswiri sighs, with a wry smile on her face. "I need to work in time to practice jumping myself. I've fallen flat on my face each time I've tried to jump over something in the field. It was....wet. And very muddy." She shudders slightly at the memory.

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

"Oh woooow...you're deaf?" Corona gasps, looking both surprised but also a little in awe of Katswiri. "But a seer too? Huh...that...that sort of sounds like me, a little! Well, maybe not like how most people would think of a seer, but I sometimes see bits and pieces of things. It's...it's hard to explain," she admits.

As their dwarven companion decides to speak up, Corona nods enthusiastically. "I know, right!? And I also know your pain, New Friend Katswiri," she adds, giving the Garundi woman a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. "I've eaten a few mud pies too..." her voice trails off as she can't help but notice the sad look in the dwarf's eyes and suddenly finds herself unsure of what to say.
______

I'm enjoying reading the RP, guys! Thanks for humoring me and letting me join in a little too with Corona :3

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

"Oh? That sounds interesting. What sorts of bits and pieces of things? In the past I've always been able to see signs of actions I should take in the movements of the natural world, but recently I have begun to be able to summon visions. They have been frustratingly vauge, but at times helpful." She shrugs. "I've had a long time to be used to being deaf. It has offered many challenges, but the gifts I have been given have more than compensated. I've just had to focus more on my other senses, from the mystical to the visual."

Katswiri takes out her travel journal, flipping through to the last blank page, adjacent to a scenic painting of a river boat sailing through a river winding through a forest of trees covered in a thick coating of ice. "I usually like to compose paintings of interesting people and things I meet in my journeys, if I have the opportunity. Things have been so packed full of hustle and bustle at the torchbearing, I haven't had a chance to paint. Would you all mind terribly if I painted the scene of us, here? I won't have time to work all the details in before our next course, I'm afraid, but I could get a rough sketch in place." She looks hopefully at Esh, as she starts to take a set of paints out from a backpack at the foot of her chair.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh nods, interested. "Yeah, sure! What a wonderful idea! Wait! I have to get some more chicken!"

After gulping more chicken, he takes the pose like a galtan girl.

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

"Make sure you get my good side. If you aren't sure, it's the outside... get it? Cause a person's guts aren't pretty."

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★
@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.
@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

"Haha! I like your sense of humor, New Friend Leepo," Corona giggles. "And sure thing, New Friend! I bet we'll make the bestest painting in your book yet," she grins as she too strikes a pose. "And uh...well, it's almost like I can see the future, sort of. Not long-term or anything but more like the outcome of a specific action - something that'll happen within an instant or two. And funny thing, sometimes I can see those things and then I can change them to get a different outcome."

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

As you continue to enjoy each other’s company and such stimulating conversation topics as book-eating and fine feathered ancestors, your ears (or eyes, in Katswiri's case) catch bits and pieces of other conversations happening around you. Now might be a good opportunity to pick up on the recent scuttlebutt or even learn a little more about the Torchbearing!

You learn all of the information whose DC is equal to or less than the result of a Diplomacy: Gather Information or Knowledge: Local check.

DC 15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

DC 20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

DC 25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

"I do that too! It is how I dodge when in combat; I see where the attacks will be, then choose to stand somewhere else." Katswiri begins painting, depicting her companions in conversation at the table, adding greater and greater detail as the conversation continues. As the night wears on and she catches snippets of intriguing conversations on the lips of those around her, her curiosity becomes piqued. She enters a brief meditative trance, knowledge of the local events flooding into her mind.

Knowledge: Local, Focused Trance: 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 20 = 31

"Fascinating." She murmurs under her breath as her eyes regain their focus. "I didn't realize the leadership of the society took such interest in us during the festivities. Have any of the rest of you heard of pathfinders being called before the Decemvirate for special tasks during the torchbearing? It seems pathfinders often are called away for some reason for hours at a time. I wonder if that has anything to do with the special wayfinders they award to exemplary agents at the end of the festival?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

haha, that's a pretty decent roll ^^

Esh focuses on what he heard during the Torchbearing.

Diplo (GI): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

"Oh well, what I know is that our three masters always seem to keep an eye on us to see if we respect our motto, explore, report and cooperate. It is said as well that those that embody it are noticed and, maybe, rewarded." he says.

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Yah, that's just somethin' they say to keep everyone in line."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter 4 HP 46/46 | AC 25 T 12 FF 23 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | CMB +8 CMD 20 | Speed 20ft Init +4 Perc +3 Special: Know (local), Athletics, +1 A/D vs animals, Nimble Moves, Martial Flex, Precise Strike, Borbus, +5 on day job

A fighter in full plate armor comes up to the table. He glances around at everyone, his gaze lingering a bit longer at the "elf-dog-lizard" and the colorful halfling and her "pet". "What the ...?

"Is this table 18?" he asks as he glances down at a piece of paper in his hand and then at some of the nearby tables. The tone of his voice seems to indicate that he's hoping he's at the wrong table. When it's confirmed that he's at the right table, he looks around to see what seats are still open. "Alright then," he says, his voice trailing off. Noticing the armored dwarf, he takes a seat next to him. "Maybe I’ll have something in common with him. Not so sure about the others.”

”How is everyone today? I’m Dekion. Sorry I’m running late. After my class on some of the current events, I saw the obstacle course and couldn’t pass up the chance at giving it a try. Unfortunately, getting out of and back into this armor by myself is difficult. It seems most everyone was in a hurry to get to the bar,” he says, a tinge of nervousness in his voice.

He sits and listens to what the others have to say as he tries to catch up on the conversation.

Know (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Huh, you know, some of that was discussed in the lecture I sat in on today. Well, I'll be. I guess it does pay to try to learn something other than how to handle a weapon," he says with a grin.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

As you continue chatting, the desserts finally arrive! Practically any kind of sweet that you can imagine is available, from pies to cakes, cookies to fudge, and everything in-between. Truly, this is the best day ever - at least according to Corona, who eagerly digs into a scrumptious-looking turtle cheesecake.

Later, as everyone is finishing up, a small origami swan flutters through the room and lands on the center of the table. In moments, it unfolds itself into a crisp and crease-less piece of paper.

Please see Slide #3.

Well, what a surprise! (Or not.) During your time in the Pathfinder Society some of you have probably heard of the Blakros Museum or perhaps you’ve even helped them out of a jam in the past. But clearly not everyone is familiar with the family or their establishment as some of your fellow agents look a bit confused as to who this Nigel is or why the Society has such an interest in maintaining a relationship with his employers. Thankfully though, some of you might be able to help fill in the gaps!
______

What do you know about the Blakros family?
You know all of the information about the Blakros family whose DC is equal to or less than the result of a Knowledge: Nobility check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well-known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

DC 15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

DC 20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

______

What do you know about the Blakros Museum?
You know all of the information about the Blakros Museum whose DC is equal to or less than the result of a Knowledge: Local check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

DC 15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

DC 20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

DC 25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

______

What do you know about Nigel Aldain?
You know all of the information about Nigel Aldain whose DC is equal to or less than the result of a Knowledge: Local check.

DC 10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

DC 15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

DC 20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

DC 25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Knowledge, local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Oh, yah, the Blakros Museum. You know, I met Nigel Aldain once. He runs the place. Used to be a Pathfinder, but no more... still he tends to loan artifacts, and sometimes information, so still a friend to us all, I think."

"I heard he has put a new exhibit together. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months. Supposed to be pretty cool, if you're into that kind of thing."

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Chelaxian Ranger 3 | HP 31/31 (NLD 0) | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +5 | Perc +7

A human clad in studded leather armor rounds a corner near the wall of names, pointing out another pathfinder hiding in a tree nearby. "That's the last of you." It seems that a number of pathfinders have been participating in an elaborate game of hide and seek, and the last hidden pathfinder has been found. +Perception

Knowledge Local (Torchbearing): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge Local (Blakros Museum): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Knowledge Local (Nigel Adlain): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

He heads to his table straight from the games, still showing sweat on his brow. He sits at his seat joining right into the conversation "What's this about Nigel Aldain? Haven't met the man, but his name has come up a lot recently. He's evidently spending a fortune on golems and magical defenses for something. Both the Arcanamirium and Magnimar Golemworks are far richer due to his excesses. Other than he him gaining the job of curating it through marriage, I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar with this museum however...oh, Marcus. I'm an archer and scout from Ilsur."

Liberty's Edge

Human Fighter 4 HP 46/46 | AC 25 T 12 FF 23 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | CMB +8 CMD 20 | Speed 20ft Init +4 Perc +3 Special: Know (local), Athletics, +1 A/D vs animals, Nimble Moves, Martial Flex, Precise Strike, Borbus, +5 on day job

Dekion spends most of his time listening as he stuffs his face with food before it's taken away. Satisfied he got his fill, he finishes the meal off with some dessert and washes it down with an ale. When the flying paper lands on the table, it startles him initially, but then he rolls his eyes as it unfolds to deliver the message. "They just can't do things simply can they," he thinks to himself as he tries to remember if he knows anything about the museum or Nigel.

Know (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Know (local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

He just nods in agreement with what the others say.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 17/30 | AC 20 t. 11 ff. 19 | CMD 16 (20 overrun/trip) | F +6 R +2 W +6 (+2 vs poisons, spells, spell-likes and death effects) | (Fv: 4/4 Bl: 3/4 L1: 2+/4+) | Senses Darkvision +7
Skills:
Acrobatics+0,Climb+3,Diplomacy+1,Heal+7,Intimidate-3,K.History(dwarven)+3,K .Religion+5,Per+7,SenseMotive+3,Stealth-3,Spellcraft+5,Survival+3,Stealth-3 ,Swim-1,Concentration+6
Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | - [Acrobatics +3]

"I know Nigel. I had been charged to help him in the museum a couple of times before. That men really knows how to get into trouble" comments Arbiscar as he starts increasing his curiosity about all going on.
Arbiscar does not have the proper skills, but he has played Mists of Mwangi and Silver Mount Collection

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Knowledge: Local, Focused Trance: 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 20 = 29
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Wow. Good thing 1's don't autofail skill checks...Katswiri's leaning pretty heavily on her divinely provided knowledge to keep up tonight.

Katswiri enjoys the desserts, sampling several different types of baked and frosted delicacies before note arrives and thows everything into a furor.
"I've never been to the museum, though I've heard of the Blakros family, of course, given their dealings with the society. I really must attend the museum when it opens. An exhibit on the Shining Crusade, you say? I would enjoy that very much." Katswiri realizes that none of her companions seem to know much about the museum, so she meditates briefly to cause information about it to flood into her mind.

"Oh. OH! Well, that is quite the museum, isn't it? Bigger on the inside than the outside. Likely due to projecting into the demiplane of shadow, perhaps? I would love to study the building itself, much less its contents, which themselves are positively stunning! And the former owner was a wizard, Ralzeros the Overwatched, who may have cursed the building on his death." Katswiri is positively beaming with excitement at the news. "I wonder how the curse could compare in execution and strength compared to the curses laid on the tombs of the Pharaohs of ancient Osirion? I'm so glad we get to go!" She stands abruptly, gathering her pack. "I need to go get changed!"

Sovereign Court

Consortium Compact Maps: Core #1, Core #2, Regular | Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.

“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You have until October 15 to run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose.

Silver Crusade

HP: 24/24 l AC: 16, T 11, FF 15 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +2, W +5, +7 vs. madness/confusion l Knowledge of the Ages (3/3), Time Flicker (3 min/day) l L1: 6/6 l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +10, Kn. History/Religion +6, Kn. Planes +9, Profession: Baker +8, Spellcraft +5
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 3 | Active Conditions:

"Oh! I suppose I'd better go find my other New Friends," Corona muses once Valsin has given everyone their orders. "You all seem like you've got plenty to make a team already so I'll go see who else could use my help. Be careful, New Friends!" she waves as she disappears into the crowd of mustering Pathfinders.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

With your orders clear you fall in with the throng of other Pathfinder agents, making your way through the crowded streets of Absalom. As you approach your destination you can see that dozens of Wise District guards surround the Blakros Museum. The sergeant nods to Ambrus Valsin as he approaches, a subtle smirk dancing across the venture-captain’s face. The museum itself is alight with swirling whorls of color and the sounds of metal and stone clashing. Occasionally, brief flashes of light burst from the front entrance, illuminating a toppled banner that says “Legacy of the Shining Crusade.”

The broad-shouldered, middle-aged Ulfen man salutes, a somewhat bemused expression on his face. “Well met, Venture-Captain Valsin. I am Svaralk of Asleifar, Sergeant of the Learned Guard. The Guard appreciates your assistance.” He points to his subordinates, “Our initial attempt to quell the animated relics within failed. I’ve ordered the Guard to withdraw and form a perimeter.” Ambrus Valsin returns the sergeant’s salute, a gesture of mutual respect. “You once served in Grand Prince Stavian III’s Ulfen Guard, did you not?”

Svaralk nods, “That’s right. Afterwards, I retired to Absalom and have served this city for seven years. This is not the first catastrophe I’ve responded to at the Blakros Museum, though none has been quite so dramatic as this. As if anyone needed further proof of the museum’s reputation for trouble.”

The Ulfen confides to the Venture-Captain, “After Nigel Aldain harangued me for dereliction of duty in not immediately retaking the museum, I’m in no rush to sacrifice the lives under my command until the warring creatures inside wear each other down.” He holds up a hand and shakes his head, “I don’t hold Nigel Aldain’s outburst against him. I recognize the elf is rightfully concerned—albeit rather precious—about his exhibit.”

Svaralk turns to your team of Pathfinders and says, “Before you enter, I can provide you an overview of the museum’s layout and tell you that there are animated relics and guard animals on the ground level, and clockwork creatures skirmishing with each other on the floor above. We also have an especially challenging problem in the gardens at the southeast corner of the museum grounds. Some kind of magical runes displaying swarm-like behavior, more magical devices really than living creatures. They proved too complicated a challenge for me and my guards; we simply lacked the skills to disable them.”
______

At this point we are on Slide #4. I'll get map tokens for you when I get home from work >.>

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Esh stands up, a half-chicken in each hand.

"Well, this looks incredibly interesting! Let's go, friends! A brand new tale is waiting for us!" he says, putting a foot on the chair and looking at the stars.

Once arrived before the museum, he eyes the ulfen sergeant warily and asks "Do you have more information about the threats in the musuem? I heard of golems and... artifacts gone 'mad'. Anything else? And do you have any information about the intruders?"

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Svaralk shakes his head. "No more than I've already been able to share. If you're uncertain of your prowess in battle then I'd suggest you start with the ground floor first - simple guard animals and animated objects shouldn't prove too much of a challenge," he recommends. "The clockworks will likely prove a bit trickier to handle but if you're confident in your capabilities then by all means I'm happy to let you folks have a crack at them."

The ulfen strokes his beard, looking thoughtful. "Now those runes in the garden are another matter entirely - not quite wards but not quite alive, either. If any among you know something of magic then you might have a chance at disabling them, but that's all that I feel comfortable making a guess at."

He gazes steadily at each of you. "Ultimately, we leave it up to you to address the threats within in whatever order and by whatever means you see fit."
______

Okay, I've got everyone placed on the map. You've got some options here - you can take care of things on the ground floor (guard animals & animated relics), venture up to the second floor (clockworks), or go take a crack at the rune-things out in the garden. Scouting ahead first is also an option, albeit a somewhat risky one.

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Ranger 3 | HP 31/31 (NLD 0) | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +5 | Perc +7

"I doubt I'll be much help with magical issues, but I'll go wherever is decided. I'll probably be of more use looking into the things in the museum." Marcus draws his bow and tests it's pull, to make sure it's strung tightly. Evidently satisfied, he holds his bow at the ready, and looks to see the decision.

I've run this before, so I won't be making any decisions for us on directions.

Silver Crusade

hp 17/30 | AC 20 t. 11 ff. 19 | CMD 16 (20 overrun/trip) | F +6 R +2 W +6 (+2 vs poisons, spells, spell-likes and death effects) | (Fv: 4/4 Bl: 3/4 L1: 2+/4+) | Senses Darkvision +7
Skills:
Acrobatics+0,Climb+3,Diplomacy+1,Heal+7,Intimidate-3,K.History(dwarven)+3,K .Religion+5,Per+7,SenseMotive+3,Stealth-3,Spellcraft+5,Survival+3,Stealth-3 ,Swim-1,Concentration+6
Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | - [Acrobatics +3]

Arbiscar coughs as problems start again at Blackros Museum "I wonder how you keep going over an over again with these business. It should be a ruin"

The dwarf sets himself by the door and readies his earthbreaker "I am also not the kind to deal with magical wards Lord Marcus. I say we start with those rebellious animals and objects so we start to heat up and work together"

If the group agrees, Arbiscar pushes the doors and goes in.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Stealth: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

So that's one vote for ground floor and one abstain. To keep us moving I'm going with Rule of 2 so the first option that gets at least 2 votes is the one we'll go with. I'll give the others just a little bit longer to chime in and then hopefully move you forward a bit later tonight.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter 4 HP 46/46 | AC 25 T 12 FF 23 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | CMB +8 CMD 20 | Speed 20ft Init +4 Perc +3 Special: Know (local), Athletics, +1 A/D vs animals, Nimble Moves, Martial Flex, Precise Strike, Borbus, +5 on day job

Dekion gathers his equipment and follows the group to the museum. He nods in agreement to the ranger's and warpriest's comments. "Same here. Let's start at the bottom and work our way up. Hopefully, some of the others in our group are more magically inclined than we are." He draws his sword, raises his shield, and follows the dwarf in.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

Katswiri arrived clad in a finely made breastplate, with a shield strapped on her arm and a mace at her side.

"I definitely want to see those runes." Katswiri states firmly. "But I agree we should start with the animated objects. Take things one step at a time. Esh, Leepo, are either of you skilled with dismantling magical traps, for when we do get to those runes? I can likely identify them, but after that it will depend on what they are, and I don't have sufficient power to try to dispel something like that." Katswiri pushes her spectacles up the bridge of her nose and places her hand on the handle of the mace at her side. "Let's go!" She follows Arbiscar through the door.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Voting to tackle the ground floor first, Arbiscar boldly takes the lead and opens the main doors leading into the museum. Trying to be as quiet as he can he steps inside but the doorway juts up ever so slightly and he stumbles, his armor and gear rattling as he struggles to keep his balance. Not particularly concerned with stealth, Dekion and Katswiri follow behind, ready to provide backup to their dwarven companion.

The first sight that greets your eyes inside the entrance hall is a giant statue of current Blakros matriarch Hamaria, her arms spread as if welcoming you to the museum. Various banners hang from the walls, each with a listing of a specific exhibit and where in the museum it may be found. Though Arbiscar's stealth may be lacking, his keen eyes see all and he can discern that there are no enemies or dangers present here. He carefully approaches a set of doors to one side of the statue and opens it, ready to continue forward.

In this room, which is more open, priceless Shining Crusade artifacts displayed on pedestals creak and move by some unseen force underneath a decorative banner that reads "The Shining Armory". Eerie light seems to dart between the objects while the din of a raging battle echoes throughout the chamber. The central feature is a low, artificial hill atop which stand two stuffed owlbears surrounded by shattered undead foes. Each of the beasts wears chainmail barding and an orange-and-black caparison depicting a stylized owlbear. A dead man dressed in furs lies on the floor before a suit of full-plate armor. Dancing around the room, a pair of banners twitch and move, snapping at random as they seem to look for foes. As the door breaks open, they whip around, snapping to attention!
-----

Knowledge: Arcana (DC 13):

SHINING CRUSADE BANNERS
For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Who Goes First?:

Esh Init.: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Leepo Init.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Scritch Init.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Katswiri Init.: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (17) - 6 = 11
Dekion Init.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Arbiscar Init.: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Marcus Init.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Blue Banner: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Red Banner: 1d20 ⇒ 19


______

Round 1

Esh
Scritch

=======
Red Banner
=======
Katswiri
Marcus
Leepo
Dekion
Arbiscar
=======
Blue Banner

Active Conditions: None

Esh and Scritch are UP!

The Exchange

Ganzi Blade of Chaos 4 | ER: Acid 5, Electricity 5, Sonic 5 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 18 | T: 13 | FF: 15 | CMD: 14 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +9 (+2 vs polymorph spells) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Sense Motive: +7 | Speed: 30 ft.
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1 - 2/4 ; Tricks: 4/5 ; Panache: 5/5 ; Quibble: 1/1 ; Touch Treatments: 7/7

Ah! sorry yesterday's day of work was pretty full! GM, if you allow me...

Before venturing into the ground floor, Esh closes his eyes and snaps his fingers.

GM:

I implemented on myself False Flanker.

------------------

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 nope

Esh looks at the banners with eyes and blinks. The instant after, he vanished.

Cast Vanish, 4 rounds.

Grand Lodge

GM

Don't worry, I'm keeping an eye out here. I'll push forward ~24h from GM's last post.

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

Scritch arms his crossbow and moves into position.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Esh:

Noted!

Reacting quickly both Esh and Scritch maneuver themselves into the room, spreading out as they do. Although unable to determine anything about the nature of the banners, Esh reasons that a little bit of skulduggery should work nicely and promptly vanishes. Meanwhile, Scritch loads his crossbow and anticipates filling the unruly banners full of holes.

Fooled by the Incredible Vanishing Ganzi, the Red Banner clumsily flaps its way towards Scritch. As it nears the brave eidolon, it lashes out!

Slam vs. Scritch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage (Non-Lethal): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Thankfully, Scritch easily dodges the clumsy strike!
______

Round 1

Esh (False Flanker)
Scritch
=======
Red Banner
=======
Katswiri
Marcus
Leepo
Dekion
Arbiscar

=======
Blue Banner

Active Conditions: None

Katswiri, Marcus, Leepo, Dekion, and Arbiscar are UP!

Liberty's Edge

Halfling Female Summoner 1 / Grenadier Alchemist 2| HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (14Tch, 15 Fl) | CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Active conditions: None Scritch: Male CG Small Serpentine Azata Eidonlon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMD: 13 | F: +0, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: +0 | Active conditions: none.

"Blech! Clothes attack Scritch!" the blue flyign serpent exclaims.

"Don't worry, boy! I'm coming!"

Leepo moves through the door she saw Scritch use, and then grabs a few vials off her belt and throws the created bomb at the red banner.

Ranged Attack vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +3, CMD 11 | Init -6 | F +3, R +5, W +4 | Focused Trance 3/3 | Natural Divination 1/1

Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Resistances and Special Attacks, please!

Katswiri pushes into the room, drawing her Mace. She'll move cautiously, with a focus on defensively warding away any of the banners that might try to strike her.

Move Action: Move, Draw Mace as part of move.
Standard Action: Ready an action to fight defensively if a banner comes in reach. Will give Katswiri an AC of 23.

If Readied Action Triggers:
Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Chelaxian Ranger 3 | HP 31/31 (NLD 0) | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 18 | Fort +5 | Ref +6 | Will +3 | Init +5 | Perc +7

Not quite sure about what to make of a haunted banner, Marcus defaults to his stand by tactic, hoping that arrows will harm the construct, and aims a shot at the red banner. "I hope this works."

longbow + PBS + BS + FS +DA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 4 + 0 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 + 4 + 0 - 1 = 20 for 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 12

Move action to activate bullseye shot, standard action shot uses Point Blank Shot (PBS) + Bullseye Shot (BS) + Focused Shot (FS) + Deadly Aim (DA) and is affected by Precise shot to avoid melee penalties

Liberty's Edge

Human Fighter 4 HP 46/46 | AC 25 T 12 FF 23 | F +4 R +3 W +1 | CMB +8 CMD 20 | Speed 20ft Init +4 Perc +3 Special: Know (local), Athletics, +1 A/D vs animals, Nimble Moves, Martial Flex, Precise Strike, Borbus, +5 on day job

I'm having trouble manipulating that map on my phone. I'm assuming there are doors on both sides if statue and that both are open.

Seeing everyone position themselves for ranged combat, Dekion shrugs his shoulders and moves in to stoke at the banner with his sword.

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

1 to 50 of 374 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: Solstice Scar (Session #2; Tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.