Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile and the Pathfinder Society Present: Portent's Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile


201 to 250 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon listens carefully to the conversation trying to pick up every nuance spoken and un-spoken. sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Although he doesn't glean anything different than the actually words spoken.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

GM Stuff:

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Karayan:

Noted! Though I wonder if you'll still want him as a recruit when this is all said and done :)

"Wh...why, that's preposterous," Craik stammers, looking shocked and offended. "I m-mean yes, I did ask if you would retrieve one of the eggs for me..." he admits, shooting a nervous glance at Eamon. "...b-but that doesn't mean that I'm the one who stole those other ones! And there are m-many people who pass through this establishment each day, some of them bald or balding. Why, there could be any number of potential suspects!"

In spite of his words of innocence, Craik's denial rings hollow - if the sheen of sweat on his forehead wasn't enough of a giveaway, his nervous fidgeting and shifty eyes seal the deal for both Karayan and Eamon. He's quite obviously lying about having anything to do with the missing eggs.
______

Since Craik tanked his check badly enough for Karayan's roll to cut the mustard, it really didn't make any sense not to give it to Eamon too :)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Guillaume, keen to see how Karayan would pursue this deception, goes with his companions to see this 'Craik' fellow... he is about to speak but, instead let's Karayan silken words stand alone.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen declines accompanying Karayan and Eamon worried that her temper would get the better of her. She does, however, skulk nearby, close enough to listen in.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon sensing that he's being lied to and more than a little irritated that he doesn't understand everything that's transpiring decides diplomacy is over. But instead of loosing his temper he simply says, There are some sects of Iomodea's faithful that believe a thief has forfeit the right to one or both hands. Eamon looks around to see Guillaume coming down the hall. Normally I'd just call the authorities to make sense of this sorted mess...but I think an inquisitor of Iomedea would be a suitable arbitrator of the truth wouldn't you agree Karayan? Eamon turns to greet Guillaume, Ah here you are Inquisitor, A question of integrity presents itself and there are non-better in Golarion at rooting out the truth than the true faithful of the Inheritor are there? Eamon turns his back and winks at Guillaume in an effort to get him to support his intimidating dialogue.

Eamon is seeking "aid another" intimidate from both Karayan and Guillaume.
intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Eredur let the human talks together. Sooner or later, the culprit will ask for their forgiveness.

All this for an egg. Never mess with a dragon's hoard. But the humans never learn, do they? Neither do the dwarves, on that particular point.

There is a flash of greed in Eredur's eyes, as he recalls tales of ancient dwarves prowess, and the magnificent heaps of gold stolen from dead dragons.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

There is no trace of a smile as Guillaume acknowledges Eamon's acknowledgement of the Inheritor's faithful, [b]"Indeed brother... indeed. Guillaume's voice is soft yet, beneath the warm words, lies an implication... an unspoken - yet far from hidden suggestion - that Craik should really consider being truthful right now...

Guillaume, Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

But, stumbling over his words, he is far from convincing...

Wow... time to roll a '1'!!!

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

Karayan grins at Eamon's suggestion and does not answer. Instead his hands weave a sigil in the air and he says

"No need for that I think. Wouldn't you agree Amicu?"

casts Charm Person, DC 16. Craik has -2 on his will saves thanks to hypnotic stare

"Why don't you tell us where the eggs are and why you stole them, my good friend..."

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Nothing Important:

Craik Will: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14

Craik's eyes widen and he flinches away as Karayan raises his hand. "No, don't hit m...duhhh..." he begins, his eyes briefly glazing over and his jaw going slack as the magic takes hold. Then the awareness snaps back into his eyes and he nods, visibly relaxing.

"Well, you know I told you that I wanted another egg for my mistress' sake, yes? I'm Lady Qualstair's personal chef, you see, and I thought that while we were here I would treat her to a rare dish indeed - pseudodragon eggs," he explains. "Supposedly they're a delicacy as far south as Qadira and as far east as Tian Xiao, so naturally I couldn't let the opportunity pass by."

Here he pauses, at least having the decency to look embarrassed. "I admit that I did creep into the turret last night with the intention of taking a few eggs for my Lady's breakfast. There were four in the nest but I figured that three would be plenty. But ah, the little beasties didn't take kindly to my intrusion and began kicking up a ruckus. I fled, but dropped one on the stairs on my way back down." Craik shakes his head. "What a waste," he sighs.

"From there, I sped back to the kitchen and hid the two remaining eggs in the back of a cupboard behind some cake pans, for by this time the little dragons were starting to kick up quite the ruckus and people were stirring from their beds. And as far as I know, they're still there. That oaf Lomen clearly hadn't used those pans in ages so I wasn't especially worried about him or anyone else finding them," he finishes.

The tale now told, he looks at Karayan beseechingly. "Ah...I don't suppose that we could keep this between me, you, and your friends? The other eggs are safe and there's been no permanent harm done so no need for Mister Cadmion or my Lady to know, right?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen, who had been listening at the door, smiles and sneaks off to recover the eggs from the kitchen.

GM, let me know if I need to make some rolls.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

While the rest of the group finishes up with Craik the Dirty Rotten Egg-Thief, Dalen turns and pads back down to the hallway and into the kitchen. Lomen, currently in the process of tidying up the mess of pans and other ingredients, looks up.

"Hmm? Have the little dragons started ordering room service?" he asks with a chuckle, clearly having calmed down a bit from earlier.
______

Dalen, give me Perception check with a +2 bonus since you've got an idea of where to be looking.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon grunts as he listens to the story of the personal chief..Well if he's telling the truth...we've solved the owners problem but, I don't see how it helps our own situation or investigation. Well this scumbag certainly deserves to be handed over to the authorities but, best to let the owner decide what to do with a servant of one of his valued guest. Eamon, breaks off from Craik's interrogation and heads strait for Mister Cadmion.

After going through the kitchen and seeing Dalen searching for the eggs he proceeds to Mister Cadmion's quarters and tells him the entire story of Craik's confession. I thought of calling the authorities about the theft...er kidnapping of the eggs; however, since it is your establishment I thought you might want some say, in what discipline is administered. We have one of our companions looking for the eggs as we speak. Once we confirmed we found the eggs...We will support whatever punishment you see fit and even help administer it if need be. Eamon raises his eyebrow and lets the ominous tone of his last statement linger.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Perception: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18

"Uh, not really? Novi asked us to find the eggs that were stolen. By the way, did you know you have a hippogriff upstairs? It's a young one by the size of him."

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Eamon

After a bit of looking and an inquiry with one of the Frisky Unicorn's employees, you find Oliver Cadmion sitting in his office attempting to do some work on his business ledger.

"Oh! Come in, come in," he says, ushering Eamon inside after opening the door. "You've got that familiar expression, one indicative of answers discovered. So you and your companions have figured out what has my dragons in such an uproar?"

He listens as Eamon shares all that they've learned, his expression running the gamut from surprised to shocked to angry and finally pensive. "I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. The nerve, trying to steal and cook the dragons' eggs! Positively barbaric; delicacy or not. Still...he is in the employee of Lady Qualstair and from what you've told me of his words it would seem she was unaware of his plan to serve her the eggs. I believe we need to make her aware of his transgression and see what she has to say on the matter."

Cadmion rises from his desk and heads towards the door. "Come with me, we'll call on the good Lady and then congregate in the kitchen."
______

Dalen

"A hippogriff!? No, I had no idea," Lomen exclaims. "How in the devil would one of those even wind up here? Blast...you'd best let Mister Cadmion know about it; I don't know much about them but I know they can be quite dangerous. Not the sort of publicity the Frisky Unicorn needs, especially not after this ruckus today. And you said someone stole some of the little critters' eggs?"

Meanwhile, Dalen rifles through the pots and pans high up in the cabinets and sure enough, she eventually comes across two small, leathery eggs tucked into the depressions inside a muffin tin.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"Yup, and he told some of the others right where he hid them. Ah, here we go! I'll see what I can do about Gentlefluff, but Novi has adopted him. I'll ask though," Dalen says as she carefully takes the two eggs and hurries back up the stairs.

"Novi! We found your eggs! Oh, hey Gentlefluff. I'll be with you in a moment," she says as she bursts into the room at the top of the turret.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

When Eamon walks of towards master Cadmion Karayan sighs "If it were just you and me we might be able to contain the matter, but with that one over there I am not so sure." he looks at the retreating back of Eamon.

"You stay here. Please do not do anything foolish in the meantime while I will try to control matters. And trying to get out of here would be a foolish thing to do. If we come for you have to admit to everything AND be clear that you did it to please your lady, as you thought she would like the delicacy."

Karayan moves downstairs and passes Dalen on the way

"Dalen! You are going to the dragons I guess? What I don't understand is where the fourth egg is, can you ask them about that? I am going to see where Eamon is."

GM:
Oh yes, I still want him as a recruit. People who are in your debt are the best to have as allies in Karayan's opinion ;-). I am so glad I am playing this with him!

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Dalen

"And they hid them in my kitchen?" Lomen glowers. "Whoever the thief is, they're damned lucky you folks got to him first. If it'd been me, I'd have made them sorry they ever darkened the door of this place!"

As Dalen turns to go, the chef finally registers the rest of her words. "G...Gentlefluff? Ye gods, at least they could've given him a more regal name than that..." Lomen sighs, shaking his head. "At any rate, I appreciate what you and your group have done here and I'm sure Mister Cadmion will too. Even that addle-brained priest of yours!"
______

Karayan/Eredur/Guillaume/Shelya

"I...yes, of course," Craik responds meekly, returning to his seat at the small table inside his room. "I've not a violent bone in me so your uh...other friend there won't have any trouble from me. Thank you for taking pity on this poor soul, friend!"

As Karayan turns and heads off to find Eamon, Craik sits and stares down at his table with an almost comical expression of morose on his face as Guillaume, Eredur, and Shelya keep an eye on him.
______

Dalen & Karayan, Interlude

As Karayan steps back out of Craik's room, he spots Dalen stepping out of the kitchen with something cradled carefully in her hands. After exchanging a few words with each other, Dalen continues on her way up to the turret and Karayan heads off to find Eamon and Mister Cadmion.
______

Breaking this up a bit so there'll be another post incoming for Dalen up in the turret and Karayan/Eamon!

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Cadmion wrote:
"Come with me, we'll call on the good Lady and then congregate in the kitchen."

Eamon obediently follows Cadmion in to the kitchen and awaits everyone.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"Well, I don't think he'd intentionally hurt anyone, and he is fluffy," Dalen says in a lame defense of the psuedodragon's name for the hippogriff. "As for the thief, I think my companions have him in hand."

===

Running into Karayan

"I thought that Novi still had it. Didn't the crooked cook say he only took three? Ah, I'll ask when I give Novi his eggs back."

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

Karayan quickly finds Eamon and Cadmion "It is a good thing to see you Master Cadmion. I am sure my friend here told you that loyal cook wanted to please his lady? Of course he misjudged the situation terribly, but we should take pity on the man."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Taking a seat opposite Craik, Guillaume fixes the man with a stare, "Why did you do it? Was the culinary pleasure that your Lady Qualstair worth it? And what of the the dragons to whom those eggs belonged? These are not simple beasts that you can treat as cattle... they are not here to put food on your table nor coin in your pocket". Strangely, Guillaume's words are not set out as some judgement... more genuine bewilderment that someone would do such a thing as he had...

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Dalen

"Good," Lomen nods appreciatively. "Novi and the others'll be wanting those back for sure so I'll not hold you up any longer," he responds as Dalen heads out of the kitchen.

After exchanging a few words with Karayan in the hallway, Dalen heads up to the turret with the two recovered eggs. Upon hearing that their missing family has been recovered Novi and Flovi begin flying celebratory loops around the room, chirping excitedly.

"Oh thank you, thank you so much!" Novi exclaims. "Will you put them back in the nest, please? It's right over here," he asks, zipping over to an empty sconce on the wall that Dalen can see contains a third egg once she gets close.

"Thank you for finding my little brothers and sisters!" Flovi adds as she trails after Dalen. "We're still really sad that we lost one of them because of that nasty thief but we're so happy to have everyone else back - like a family again!"

Although not really understanding what's happening, even Gentlefluff seems happier now that the two eggs have been returned. He bounces playfully around the cramped room and offers Dalen a couple of gentle bumps with his head but doesn't get any rowdier than that, thankfully.

"Are the other egg-finders downstairs? You should get them all and come up here to see us again before you leave - we might be able to give something nice in return, okay?" Novi remarks. "I have an idea but need to call Tovi and Jovi back and talk talk talk it over; they were looking around downstairs trying to find our missing children." Dalen figures that that would largely explain why the pseudodragons were kicking up a fuss earlier and tearing up the rooms and breaking things.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Guillaume, Eredur, Shelya

Although still bound by Karayan's magic, Craik at first doesn't seem nearly as inclined to be open and chatty with the rest of the group as he did with Karayan. Perhaps a limitation of the magic? But after a few moments of silence, he lifts his gaze to look at Iomedae's faithful, a sullen expression on his face.

"If you've ever felt a passion for anything then you'd not be asking me such a foolish question," he responds. "Though I occasionally lend my hand to aid in other matters, the culinary arts are my passion - ever since I was a small lad. It's science and art, blended beautifully into a single exercise. One has to understand the intricacies of how each separate ingredient must combine with the others to create the final product as well as how to present that product in a manner that's as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. That is my calling and you could no more tell me to hang up my apron than you could tell a painter to put down his paints or a singer to repress the songs of her heart."

Now, Craik holds his head high and looks Guillaume directly in the eye. "Lady Qualstair hired me to provide her palate with the best of the best and I've done my duty to the best of my ability. On that matter, I have no regrets. As for the little dragons? I know nothing of their kind and thought them similar to the exotic beasts that some of Lady Qualstair's peers keep as pets. An egg or three go missing? Nature will continue its course and more will replace them and Cadmion will continue to have their presence here to draw in guests - and their gold," he says pointedly. "And to be frank, if these creatures are so important to Cadmion then I wonder why he didn't simply check on them himself instead of wait around for others to come and put his house back in order for him."

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Karayan & Eamon

After speaking for a moment with a servant girl, Karayan makes his way to Cadmion's study just in time to see the door open and both Cadmion and Eamon step out.

"Ah, what timing! Your companion here was just informing me as to the cause of my dragons' unruly behavior," Cadmion nods at Karayan. "He's already offered the aid of your group in ah, dispensing justice to our thief but as he's the employee of one of my guests I think it only fitting and appropriate to bring the matter to her attention before deciding on a course of action."

"If you'll indulge me, gather Craik and the rest of your companions and meet me in the kitchen - I'll only be a moment."
______

Next big post I'll bring everyone together for the finale ...of this particular section :3

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

"Wouldn't your office be a better place for that? A kitchen is hardly a place to discuss the behavior of a servant with a lady."

Karayan waits for the answer, nods and then excuses himself to gather the other pathfinders and Craik.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Guillaume listens, with some measure of sympathy, to Craik's excuses...

For whatever reason, this man was following his heart... a passion even. In his shoes, if life had led me to an artistic calling, would I have done anything different?

Conflicted, between a desire to understand - almost a sympathy - what this man was driven by and the sure knowledge that this act was beyond what he as an inquisitor of the Inheritor could tolerate, Guillaume is thankful that the responsibility for determining the severity of punishment fell with someone else.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"I'm glad I was able to help," Dalen says beaming as she puts the eggs back in their place. She pets Gentlefluff and slowly her smile disappears.

"There is another thing that I need to talk to you about. It's about Gentlefluff. I think the people who own this place are worried that he might hurt someone. I know it'd be an accident, but a lot of times people who have been hurt don't think clearly. They may not care that he only wanted to play. It's also a little cramped here, and he may get too big to get out. I think it may be time for him to find a new home. I'll talk to Mr. Cadmion and see what we can do, but he may not want Gentlefluff around," she explains in a soft, gentle voice.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Dalen

"Oh no no no, that's no good, he's our son, he's never known anyone else," Novi frets. "But you're right...this room is big for us but smaller for him and it might get even smaller. Maybe we can work something out with Mister Cadmion, okay? And don't forget, come back and bring your friends before you go!"
______

Everyone

"Normally I'd agree with you but it seems that this whole mess started with the kitchen and so it only seems fitting to put it to rest in the kitchen," Cadmion responds before heading off.

After a few minutes everyone has been collected into the kitchen, Lomen grumbling a bit about delayed dinner preparations. Cadmion enters, followed by a finely-dressed woman wearing a stern expression, who must be Lady Qualstair - Craik's employer. She offers the party a nod of acknowledgement.

"Greetings, investigators. Oliver here has brought the matter of my servant's indiscretions..." her steely gaze lingers on Craik for a moment "...to my attention. Of course he has every right to report this matter to the local authorities as the theft occurred on his property but I would like to hear what each of you have to say on the matter - as well as Craik."

Each of you take a few moments to explain everything that you'd learned about the theft - your meeting with Novi, Flovi, and Gentlefluff in the turret, Craik's confession, and finding and returning the missing eggs. Trembling slightly under the gaze of his mistress Craik explains himself to all and while he continues to be unashamed of the drive that led him to attempt the theft, he does seem to express genuine regret of the harm his actions caused and reiterates that he had no idea of the pseudodragons' sentience until the theft was in-process. When it is all said and done, Lady Qualstair shakes her head.

"Craik, while I have always admired the passion that you, and others, have for their respective crafts, I have seen too many souls fall into obsession - leading them to do things that they once would never have dreamed of," she explains. "While I do not believe that you intended to cause any harm with your actions, the fact remains that Mister Cadmion's business has suffered damage as a result and the dragons in the turret have experienced undeserved trauma and loss. That must be answered for. The most straightforward course of action would be to simply turn you over to the local authorities as I stated earlier. However, I think it only fair to allow you fine individuals a chance to offer alternatives since you were the ones to step in and clean up my employee's mess."
______

Up to you guys - haul Craik off to jail, have Lady Qualstair simply fire him, make him work off his debt to Cadmion and the dragons, or something else?

Dark Archive

Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

Shelya listens in silence as Craik explains himself and then as Lady Qualstair speaks. "Lady Qualstair, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but was there any way that you could have led Craik to believe that you wanted the eggs? It's just hard to imagine that such a person would simply decide to take the eggs...the children...of such creatures just for a mere breakfast to please his employer." She smiles, attempting to still be light hearted when speaking to the lady.

She looks towards Craik, "Firing him would be too sweet. He would simply find another employer that wouldn't mind exotic creatures on their plate in the morning. Jail time? That would eventually end. In some cultures, thieves have their hand cut off or they are branded for life. What do you all think?" As she spoke, she grew more angry.

Do you want any rolls for this?

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon looks annoyed at having to be part of this whole process. Foxglove thinks disaster is going to strike the city because a fortune teller tells her so? Now our first ambiguous clue leads to culinary and draco embryo theft? Could this farce be any more absurd! Now listen here, with all due respect lovely Madam, your servant is guilty of a serious crime and the authorities will be informed one way or another. However, capturing your erstwhile cook was not among our original mission mandate. Eamon pauses to glare at Craik.
In fact, this whole sorted mess has become somewhat of a bother *sigh*! Eamon flops down on a nearby stool..and begins to complain regretfully, The fact of the mater is; we were hired by a very prominent member of this town. She has a strange notion that disaster is about to befall this city. That's why we were sent here. It is a portent rather than a clue that we should be here now at this time...if ...you believe in such things. Eamon looks very haggard as he continues. Seeing how we have gained almost no knowledge about our own mission, I have no personal inclination to have mercy on this Dragon embryo thief you name your cook. Eamon pauses for effect then quickly continues. However, seeing how Zeeva Foxglove most likely holds considerable sway among many people in Korsovo, I would think it would be in Craik's and your interest, to speak up about any impeding danger to the city or unusual happenings you've wittiness or heard about recently. Eamon's gaze suddenly turns steely. Otherwise, I'm thinking the dungeons for Craik until they set a date for his trial...I'm sure the court dockets are not too crowded in Korsovo...should only be a one to two month wait before he appears before a judge.

intimidate(if necessary):
intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (GM I'm thinking maybe Eamon gets another +2 bonus on intimidate because of the very real prospect of incarceration and Eamon bringing it up)

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

Although he might have expected to lose his job or face prison time, it's clear by the sudden panicked look on Craik's face that he wasn't expecting the possibility of losing an appendage. "Wh-what? I swear, I had no idea that the dragons were sentient!" he pleads, face pale with dread.

"Well...that may be, Craik, but surely you became aware of their sentience and their displeasure when they caught you in the act and chased you out of their nest?" Lady Qualstair responds. "And yet you persisted in your plan." Turning to Shelya, the noblewoman does give her a rather indignant look. "As for your question, no, I neither stated nor hinted at any desire to see these creatures or their offspring on my breakfast plate. I chose to lodge here out of a desire to see them - as do many of the nobility who visit this city."

Then, she turns to address Eamon. "Sir, I'm afraid that I have little idea as to what you're going on about but I will say that I do not appreciate your tone," she responds coldly. "I have no knowledge of these things you speak of and after my last encounter with peddlers of fortune I'm truthfully inclined to be as skeptical of their accuracy as you yourself seem to be."

Still terrified at the thought of losing a hand or worse, Craik shakes his head violently. "And I don't know what you're talking about either! I've never met this Foxglove woman in my life!"
______

No need for Sense Motive checks here; Lady Q is being truthful regarding her knowledge of the theft as well as regarding knowing anything about what Zeeva discussed with you. Same deal for Craik; he doesn't know anything about your assignment.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

Karayan puts up his hand "While my companions here make good points about the crime this man committed we must look at the greater picture. Craik has clearly heard about practices in Tian Xia where people do eat pseudodragon eggs. Hearing that it is a delicacy he endeavoured to give his lady the experience of having such a delicacy. Was that wise? Of course not, Craik should have stopped and think for a bit, especially when told that he could not take an egg by the fine cook here" Karayan points to Lomen.

"That did not stop Craik. However, firing or putting him in jail would not remedee the situation we have here. In that respect, servants are a bit like children. Their employer needs to make sure they know what is expected from them and when they step out of bounds the employer needs to teach them to make sure the situation can not happen again. Firing the man would be the easy solution, but the easiest solutions are not always the best. I am certain that Milady can make it very clear that this behaviour is not tolerated and that a second offense would mean a search for a new job."

"Having said that, Craik needs to make ammends to the pseudodragons and to Cadmion. He needs to go up into the tower and make his apologies. I hope the good master Cadmion can find it in him to allow Craik to work of his debt."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

We've done what we could, catchin" the culprit. Punishment is not ours to say.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Guillaume flashes Eredur a look before putting his recommendation behind Karayan's suggestion, "The dragons should hear his apology... let him explain his actions. And then he repays his not inconsiderable debt to Cadmion by working without recompense".

If not that then the other options on the table must surely be no worse than a period incarceration...

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

After hearing what the group has to say on the matter of Craik's punishment, Lady Qualstair nods and looks to Cadmion. "If the small dragons will allow it, will this course of action - repayment of his debt to you and to them - be satisfactory Oliver?"

Looking thoughtful, Cadmion nods. "Aye, I believe it would be. Sometimes allowing the punishment to fit the crime is best but in this case I think it'd do Craik here better in the long run to work off his debts here at the Frisky Unicorn."
______

With the major issue of what to do with Craik settled, the rest of the details begin to fall into place. Although it takes some honeyed words from Cadmion and nearly an hour of deliberation, the pseudodragons agree to hear Craik's words. To everyone's surprise, the 'confrontation' goes more or less smoothly - the dragons are clearly still very upset over the loss of one of their eggs but being creatures of a goodly bent, they seem to understand that the chef's actions were borne of ignorance and lack of empathy rather than genuine maliciousness. In the end, it's decided that Craik will spend his time at the Frisky Unicorn tending to the pseudodragons - feeding them, cleaning up after them, and taking care of anything else they might need or want.

"Perhaps it will teach him to have empathy for other creatures big and small," Lady Qualstair remarks. "Yes and maybe a little humility to boot - pretty stout scent comes off those droppings sometimes," Cadmion adds.

As to the fate of Gentlefluff, the wayward hippogriff, Novi, Flovi, and the rest beg for him to be allowed to stay - and not wanting to risk upsetting 'his' dragons again, Cadmion quickly agrees. "Guess I'd better do some reading about hippogriffs," he sighs. "He can't stay in the turret forever but I can't have him trying to roughhouse with the guests either. Hmm...perhaps now is the time to call on the experts from the Acadamae...and maybe some carpenters as well. An enclosure at the back might work..." he muses.
______

Later, during a well-deserved (and free) meal, the conversation eventually turns back to the thing that brought you all to the Frisky Unicorn in the first place - Zeeva Foxglove and her cards.

"Huh...so you thought maybe Craik or Lady Qualstair might have known more about these supposed 'disasters' to strike the city?" Cadmion asks after you've related your tale. "Normally I wouldn't put too much stock in such things but for what it's worth I believe that you did the city a great service with your actions here today, not just me or my dragons. If they'd left this place then it would have bode ill for Korvosa itself, I'm certain of it."

"But ah, at the risk of being nosy it sounded earlier like you were a bit stumped on the meaning of those two other cards, correct?" he continues. "May I see them?"

As you pass them to Cadmion, Lomen also stops for a moment between clearing dishes from the table to peer over his employer's shoulder. "Hey, that card there," the good chef comments, pointing to the The Cricket card "all of those symbols on it are Desna's symbols. It makes me think of the Kendall Amphitheater because it's got a lot of those same symbols as part of its design. It's actually Korvosa's largest performance venue, you know." He then hurries away to the kitchen, arms full of dirty dishes.

"Lomen's knowledgeable about more than just cooking," Cadmion chuckles. "As far as this last card here, the Betrayal? That one is very interesting because it's known as 'Viamio's Kiss' among harrowers here in the city. It's named after Lord Amrys Viamio, Korvosa's most notorious traitor. Did you know that there's even a building that still carries his legacy? It's a dilapidated manor out in Old Korvosa called Traitor's Mews." He shrugs. "That's all that I really know about these cards but hopefully some bit of that will prove useful to you."

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon listens to Cadmion drone on about what the Harrow cards could mean. He rolls his eyes when Lomon talks of Desna's symbols and the Kendall amphitheater. So what's next? Perhaps now we will need to rescue an actor from a poor make-up artist? As Candmion continues on about the Betrayal card Eamon is cynical as ever. So in order to save the city we must go on a scavenger hunt through theaters, breakfast houses, and old manors? I suppose we'll cleaning dust bunnies out of this old manor house in service of the Pathfinders.*sigh* Sheila Heidmarch has a friend that has delusions of dangers and sends some in-experienced Pathfinders to subdue her crazy friend's insecurities. I suppose in her position I may do the same if I felt I owed my crazy friend. It just galls that we should be sent out on such an un-important errand, in service of a Venture Captain, on our first mission. Well my first mission anyway. *sigh* Perhaps just finish up this mission and appease Zeeva Foxglove for, her friend my boss Shelia Heidmarch. Then perhaps I'll earn some respect and get an actual mission next time out..

Eamon nods politely as Cadmion finishes . He offers a superficial smile and claps twice as he says, Well thank you, Mister Cadmion! Your help has been invaluable in our investigation. I don't know how to thank you for providing our investigation with such valuable direction?

bluff vs. anyone's sense motive to condescending words:
bluff condescending: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Eamon looks around teeth showing on a broad smile. I guess now all that's left is to let my more knowledgeable companions, choose which of these most marvelous leads we need to pursue first? Which tent will the circus travel to this time

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

"Good lady Qualstair, I do hope you will allow Craik here to enter your service again after he has paid of his debt." Karayan has to add when the company is discussing the chef's future.

- - -

After Master Cadmion has finished his thoughts about the Harrow cards Karayan nods. "Do you have a preference where to go first? Or should we let the cards decide?" he picks up the cards, shuffles them behind his back and says "Left or right?"

Left:
The Traitor

Right:
The Cricket

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Guillaume smiles, "Let us allow fate to decide our path..."

...and picks the right hand card. His smile grows ever larger, "Desna has guided us... the amphitheater. Shall we?"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Sense Motive vs. Eamon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 That's enough. :)

As the others walk to their next destination, Dalen pulls Eamon to the back of the group, then out of earshot of the others. Enough was enough and she was going to get to the bottom of this.

"Eamon, what in the nine hells is your problem? And don't go saying it's what we've been asked to do. You've treated us all like dirt since we've met. Hells! You walked out when I tried to be polite and introduce myself to you. You know nothing about me and keep calling me 'farm girl.' My parents never worked a field in their lives and I learned how to survive and hunt in the Borderwood from my uncle. I'm used to the way Taldane fops like you look down on others, but I'll be damned if you keep treating the others this way," she tells him a low, hard voice. as her eyes bore into his.

If the others want to move on, feel free. I just thought that this was a good RP opportunity for Dalen and Eamon.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon is startled by the girls sharp tongue. His first instinct is to bark back but....something....something is bothering him. The girl is right..just because you grew up around hypocrites and naked ambition ...doesn't mean all will step on you...I.. Eamon, feels something he hasn't felt in a long time...shame. His eyes loose their astonishment quickly and he feels the need to turn away from Dalen's gaze. But, old habits die hard.

Best play it off and move on. Well girl...er Dalen...seems you've got some back bone after all! Eamon almost gives her a slap on the shoulder but his hand stops awkwardly short of contact as Dalen's eyes seem to burn holes in him. It's all just a ruse ...ah er a test of sorts ya know? I could spot your inexperience almost as soon as we met and decided to test your resolve. You are a nice person but, I caution you being pleasant can be mistaken as naive.. A sudden color comes up on Eamons face as he muttered the last words. I just wanted to get it through to you that it's no longer training Dalen..The world is out there! Ready to eat you, me, or whoever is fool enough to think they'll be treated kindly if they're kind to others! Eamon is not shrinking from her eyes anymore. Eamon's voice grows soft, The world will hurt you Dalen...I only did what I did to prepare you..if you think me unkind it pales in comparison to what you may face in the future. Regardless, I don't think I need to test you...as much. Eamon looks away again, I can sense it's not welcome.

bluff to hide his shame: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

As Eamon talks down to her, again, Dalen's jaw clenches and her face starts to darken.

"A test? You being a pompous ass is all a test? You treating me as if I am a witless child and calling me naive is a test? I only wanted to start things off on a good note. I was only minding the manners my aunt and uncle taught me when I went to live with them after I had enough of my father whining that I wasn't born a boy as he'd predicted and my mother fussing over my 'inappropriate fascination' with things a proper Taldane lady should not know. You think I don't know how dangerous things can be? Have you ever been in the Borderwood? Have you had to fight long dead soldiers who do not rest easily? You stand there and dare to question my ability to do this when you don't even know me! What respect I may have had for you is gone. You're just like every other Taldane noble I've ever had the displeasure of helping my uncle guide through the Borderwood," Dalen says before storming off to catch up with the others.

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon looks on silently as the girl storms off.. Well THAT WENT SMOOTHLY!.*sigh* Perhaps it's for the best, if she stays away from me, I can't hurt her feelings anymore. Eamon notices the others have gotten a good bit ahead of him and hustles to catch up.

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

With your next destination decided upon, all of you gather your gear and ready to depart. But before you do, Dalen reminds everyone that Novi had asked that the group come by one last time to speak with him before departing.

You all troop back upstairs to find Novi and the rest of his family having just finished their own meal. "Hello! Thank you again for helping us find our missing children," Novi greets you. "We know you've got other things that need doing so we won't keep you long. The rest of us have been talking, talking, talking, and...well, this may be odd but...would you take Flovi with you when you go?"

"Last time that the leaves outside were red and gold, we stole away to the place where they keep beings like Gentlefluff and took an egg, to replace Flovi's nest-mate that didn't survive," he explains. "And now Gentlefluff is like a son to us and brother to Flovi and we're so so happy that Mister Oliver said he could stay. But..." he hesitates for a moment and to everyone's surprise, you suddenly realize that the pseudodragon 'leader' sounds regretful and a bit ashamed. "But...we be egg-thieves, too. And when that human egg-thief took our children, we knew the fates were punishing us for what we did."

As Novi speaks, Flovi flutters down from her perch in the rafters and circles the group slowly. "We can't give Gentlefluff back but we can try and make up for what we did by letting Flovi leave the nest to see the world. Take care of her for us, until she's ready to come home again?"

Kn. Local (DC 10):

The 'place where they keep beings like Gentlefluff' is surely the headquarters of the Sable Company, a group of elite hippogriff-mounted marines that has jurisdiction over the skies and waters of Korvosa and the surrounding area.

______

Sorry for the silence yesterday; came home from work and crashed. Whether or not the group decides to take Flovi with them, I'll move you along to the amphitheater in a bit!

Silver Crusade

Solstice Scar || Reaping What We Sow

As everyone departs the Frisky Unicorn, Oliver Cadmion as well as Lomen and even Lady Qualstair see you off. "Thank you again for everything you've done," Cadmion calls out. "And don't forget, you're always welcome here at the Frisky Unicorn!"

"Indeed," drawls Lady Qualstair as she fans herself with one of the Green Market brochures. "I wish you well in your endeavors, investigators. And I will consider offering Craik employment again, should he prove himself worthy of the trust and responsibility."
______

Your path seems as clear as mud and there's an aura of tension floating about some of you, but at least the group has two additional locations to check into. Once more you set out on Korvosa's quiet, windy streets, this time making your way south towards the Kendall Amphitheater located in what's known as the Cliffside ward. Though not quite as upscale as the neighborhood of Citadel Crest that you're leaving behind, it's still much nicer than anything that most of you are familiar with.

After a only a short distance, you reach your destination - a majestic building made of both wood and stone, truly an architectural jewel in the city's crown. However, there doesn't appear to currently be any events being held inside as the outside is quiet and the many doors leading in are closed.

Things!:

Eamon Perc.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Guillaume Perc.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Dalen Perc.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Eredur Perc.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Karayan Perc.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Shelya Perc.: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Eamon & Shelya:

As you draw near to one of the doors, you can hear what sounds like indistinct shouting and the sounds of combat from somewhere inside.

______

Just uh, pretend that the linked picture is all shiny and new and glorious.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"We will try to keep Flovi safe. I don't know much about fate and those things, but I think the love you give Gentlefluff should be a reason for fate to smile on you."

Karayan steals a private talk with Craik "I did the best I could, now it is up to you"

At the amphitheater Karayan seems confused "Shouldn't this place be very busy?"

Silver Crusade

male
Skills/feats:
acro:-1,bluff+3,climb-2,dipl:+7,heal+2,intimidate:+3,K nobles+4,K relig:+4,sense mot:+2, spell craft+4,stealth-1,survive+2,swim-2/Feats: dodge, select channel
Human |+2 INT| +2 Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30| Att. MW long sword +2(1d8+1)/cold iron dagger +1/+2(1d4+1) Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/6day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

GM I'm confused is Flovi a pseudodragon? the child of Novi and ??? Karayan have you shared the info knowledge local with us? If Karayn (shared his info) how is the info useful, if Flovi is a pseudodragon not a hippogriff? Do we just report to the garrison where the missing egg ended up at a few years ago? This is pretty complex scenario, with a lot of threads, going in seemly random directions. It will be interesting to see, if the authors of this scenario, pull it together in a cohesive manner that, makes a semblance of sense. Cause right now the only disaster to the city I could possibly see is, a war between pseudodragons and hippogriffs over egg napping! LOL

Eamon tries not to pay attention to the beast flying overhead following them. He rushes to catch up to his comrades. As he approaches the beautiful and magnificent amphitheater Eamon can clearly make out the sounds of combat within. Remembering, how he rushed in to the frisky Unicorn thinking there was an urgent need for his aid..Eamon hesitates before exploding in to action. Instead, he looks to Shelya and says, Do you hear what I hear? after seeing her nod in confirmation, Eamon turns to the others and says, It may just be the players practicing a scene in a play or there may be a real struggle inside. Either way I believe stealth and circumspect behavior, are our best allies, in this situation. Eamon draws his sword, just in case. He looks back to the others and remarks in a whisper, If it is more than just rehearsal better to be prepared. Eamon then takes the lead motioning the others foward while trying to remaining stealthy as possible.

stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 0/1 | reroll 1/1

Eamon: To my understanding Flovi is a pseudodragon. I have not shared the info with you, afraid that you lawful types will insist we report this

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Karayan follows Eamon and hits a toe on a loose flagstone "Aaargh! That hurt!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, 10/12HP, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Guillaume, momentarily taken aback by the majesty of the amphitheatre, follows Eamon and Karayan. His armour is heavy and doesn't lend itself well to such stealthy movements... but he is surprisingly quiet - quieter at least than his companions.

Guillaume, Stealth (Armour Check Penalty): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 = 16

Here's hoping that whatever it is going on in there is too loud for people to notice our approach.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen promises to take care of Flovi and offers to give the psuedodragon a ride on her shoulder.

===

Seeing Eamon draw his sword, Dalen shakes her head in dismay. She does one better than the others and scouts ahead to see if she could find out what had the Taldane cum Iomedaean so spooked.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Eredur contemplates the building, from an architectural point of view

Know engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Hurmmmph. I'm sure dwarves would have build this better, but at least it's not too shoddy.

When he hears that stealthiness is required, the dwarf shrugs, and scratches Lybna between the ears.

Stealthiness? Not really my style, but of course I'll do my best. I'm a dwarf. We ALWAYS do our best

Stealth, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

He finds himself quite quiet, and positively beams with pride. He has an hard time stopping himself to brag, but walks with swagger.

201 to 250 of 405 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile and the Pathfinder Society Present: Portent's Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.