Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile and the Pathfinder Society Present: Portent's Peril

Game Master Lady Ladile


1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Portent's Peril Slides

Welcome! This game is for PbP Gameday VI and will begin on August 25th, 2017.

Liberty's Edge

male
raging stats:
HP. 13 | AC:13, 10 tch, 11 FF | Fort:+5, Ref:+2, Will:+4 | Att: Great axe +6 (1d12+7 dmg), Javelin +3 (1d6+5dmg)|CMD 16
Half-Orc |HP 11/11/ AC:15: 12T: 13F | CMD 16| Fort: 3, Ref: 2. Will: 2| spd. 40| Int. +3|
skills:
Craft leather 4, Intimidate+8, perception +0.ride+5,survive+4,swim+6
Bloodrager (spelleater) 1|Att: Great axe +4 (1d12+4dmg.), Javelin +3 (1d6+3)
special, Feats:
Arcane temper (trait), Wordly 0/1 day(trait), Iron will, Destined strike 3/3ay, fast movement, Orc ferocity 1/1day, Blood rage 4/5day,

.

Silver Crusade

Portent's Peril Slides

The day dawns bright and clear in the city of Magnimar, the sound of chirping birds and the general hustle and bustle of a waking populace greeting you from outside your window at Heidmarch Manor - Varisia's first Pathfinder Lodge and the base of operations for all Society activities in region. Some of you might take it as a good omen, especially in light of the note each of you received at dinner the previous evening - a personal request from Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch to meet this morning after breakfast concerning a matter of great importance. Surely this can only mean one thing - an assignment!

With eagerness, curiosity, or perhaps even trepidation, you all rise that morning and after your morning rituals make your way downstairs to the dining room where a hearty breakfast awaits - for it wouldn't do to send agents out on empty stomachs, would it?
______

A little small something to set the scene; the game has NOT officially started but feel free to chat among yourselves and get to know each other (and possibly your own selves) as you like :)

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen stretches the kinks out of her shoulders as she walks into the dining room and sees the spread. Her mouth begins to water as she spots the bacon and the flapjacks, then frowns when she doesn't see any pecans or walnuts.

"Oh well," she says to herself, her mood immediately brightens as she returns her focus to what was there. "Flapjacks!"

She begins to pile her plate high with them, slices of bacon, and lotsa of fruit before pouring two different kinds of syrup over it all. She takes a moment to admire the monstrous stack of food and licks her lips as the smell invites her to tear it apart.

Remember, Lady Heidmarch is a noble lady and this is a fancy manor. Try not to wreak too much carnage, she reminds herself as she begins cutting off the first, large bite.

Silver Crusade

male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon looks indifferently at the food, His eyes scan the room for anyone in the room that might be important.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Seeing that she's sharing the table with someone, Dalen lowers her fork and trims about three-quarters of what she had on it off. She then sheepishly eats the much more appropriately sized bite before taking a sip of the glass of milk she'd fixed and turns her attention to Eamon in full.

"Um, hello? are you a Pathfinder as well," she asks, her cheeks colored slightly in embarrassment.

Silver Crusade

male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon sniffs audibly at the intrusive remark, Careful Eamon, you must keep up appearances with common folk, if your truly wanting to climb the ranks of the Pathfinder society. Eamon examines the young lass with a scrutinizing eye. He carefully looks away at her un-polished boots and colony dress style. He musters his most winning smile...all teeth with no humor in the eyes, I'm Eamon Valda if you must know. Eamon reluctantly offers his hand, And yes I'm a new recruit to the Pathfinders society..much like yourself. Eamon says the last part as if their were little doubt who this young lady could be.

Eamon spots someone with insignia coming through the door; If you'll excuse me, I've maters to attend to.. He leaves the young ranger lass in mid sentence without even asking her name.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen takes the offered hand, her grip surprisingly strong. As he leaves, she frowns.

"So, Eamon, are you from Taldor," she asks, her voice just a little cooler that might be appropriate when addressing someone she'd just met.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Two men are in a bar .. err, Pathfinder lodge when a dwarf enters...

Hello, Young ones.

Without taking much interest in the couple, he select a few things to eat and takes his breakfast at a table nearby, giving a few scrumbs to a small furry creature

Don't eat too fast, Lybna, you'll choke yourself! Where are your table manners?

THe weasel doesn't listen to much, and tries to eat a parcel a little too big for its maw

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Seeing that Eamon wasn't in the mood for answering her question, and that someone else had entered the room, Dalen turns her attention to the dwarf.

"Hello to you as well. I take it your little friend is Lybna," she says, nodding to the weasel before eating another bite of her breakfast.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Sure, this voracious little lady is Lybna. And you are?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"Dalen Stonestep, most recently of Absolom," the young woman answers, "It's nice to meet someone that doesn't have a stick up their rear." Her eyes flick to Eamon before returning to her new acquaintance.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Well, as long as you aren't an elf or worse, an half orc...Even if the last one wasn't too bad. Quite competent spellcaster. But our races have been so long at war, I still have an hard time getting over my prejudices, to be honest.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

A immaculately dressed human male steps into the dinning room. His clothes are a dark grey and he has a walking stick that he carries more for flair than actual support. The man must be in his early twenties.

When he sees the others he stops just inside the room. After a moment of hesitation he moves towards the two humans and dwarf. He shows a wayfinder and bows slightly "Well met. I am Karayan Ionacu and am here for the briefing of Miss Heidmarch"

DC 22 Perception:
This is not a human, but a dhampir

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen, who'd just taken a large bite out of her stack of pancakes, hopes that the dwarf, who'd yet to introduce himself, would help fill the silence as she chewed as quickly as she could without choking herself.

Ahhh! This isn't good! Seems like I'm oh-for-three a good first impression.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

The dwarf puts his own wayfinder on the table.

My name is Eredur Smagg, the younger. And this lady weasel is Lybia.I am a practitionner of the arcane arts.

Lybia tries to bite the metallic wayfinder, until Eredur pushes her off quietly.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

Shelya strides into the dining room, her stomach growling. Her eyes slowly scan the room, noticing the humans and the dwarf engaged in conversation. She makes her way to the food and puts a small serving on her plate. She makes her way to the table, "Hello, do you mind if I sit with you? I would enjoy some company." She mainly speaks to the humans, as Shelya has always been fascinated by them. She sets her plate on the table and sits down. "My name is Shelya and this is Nikita," She lightly touches the viper that is draped around her neck.

She made sure to sit next to the humans as she knew that you could never trust a Dwarf. They always turn on you, even when you think they are the best their kind has to offer... She shoves the memory out of her mind. Now Shelya, you know you cannot present yourself in a rude manner. You don't know who these people are, she attempts to dismiss her views on Dwarves.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Oh man, this is going to be fun! *Starts popping popcorn*

"Pleasure to meet ya, Eredur," Dalen says before turning to the two newcomers, and sees trouble with a capital E-L-F.

Uh-oh, didn't Eredur say he didn't like elves? This just got more interesting in a bad way, she thinks before recovering and nodding to the newcomer. She takes another bite of her breakfast, half-way through the large stack of flapjacks, fruit, and bacon even with the interruptions for introductions.

When Shelya asks if she could sit next to her, Dalen manages to not embarrass herself too much with her response.

"Oh, yes! I don't mind at all," she answers, "The name's Dalen. It's a– Is that a snake?!"

The young woman leans away from Nikita, completely unprepared for having a snake that close to her.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

"Wel met Eredur" he steps back as the weasel tries to bite the wayfinder. "I am good at befriending people and getting information"

He waits until the elf has joined them more pets, why do people need so much company?

"I am Karayan. Now let me get a bite and I will join you later." he quickly returns with a platter with some sausages and baked bacon.

"What is your area of expertise Shelya?"

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Lybna hisses when she sees the snake.

Eredu catches the female weasel before things got ugly, but he doesn't seems too happy to see the elf.

Damn bloody elf! She had to get a snake, of course! Probably a Calistrian courtesan too, with their unsatiable lust and undecent ways. You would NEVER see a dwarf doing the things I could only barely imagine they do!

Calm down, Lybna...And don't try to bite me either! Eat my food, that would be better. but don't gorge yourself, this time!

Eredur gives a cold hard stare to the snake.
He doesn't even looks at the elf

Dark Archive

Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

"Dalen, do not be afraid of her! She's a sweetheart, I promise. Do you want to hold her? She loves meeting new people." She takes a bite of her food. Her eyes shift towards Karayan, "I wish I could say that a little bit of everything was my expertise, but it's more fun to show you on the adventure if we are all given an assignment together." She smiles sweetly, ignoring the glare from the Dwarf.

Nikita moves her head to watch the Dwarf's pet. She flicks out her tongue and determines that it would not be a threat.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"I wasn't scared. Just surprised," Dalen says sheepishly. "It's, uh, a pleasure to meet you and Nikita."

The young woman slowly raises a hand to the snake, much like one not wanting to startle a dog or cat might do.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

He looks closely at the elf and then turns to the dwarf and humans

"It is my experience that a team works better when everyone is aware what the strengths and weaknesses of the others are. Miss Shelya here seems to think this is al about fun. What is your opinion?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

Last to the table, and briefly taking in the scene, a young man - bronzed and weathered from many summers in the sun - sits himself down. His accent is difficult to place, seemingly caught between at least two nations, but he seems friendly enough, "Good Morning all... anything on the table particularly good today? The name's Guillaume by the by..."

...the small sword pendant hanging from Guillaume's neck makes it obvious that he is a worshipper of Iomedae.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

After having been brushed off by the two higher ranking Pathfinders, Eamon navigates his way back to the table where the newer recruits were. Those two that snubbed me were probably not important anyway. Just like back in school, I can see how this organization is going to be..the seniors always lording it over the under class-men. Hmm... appears there's been a couple new arrivals; one appears to be of the Inheritor's children... I best introduce myself.

Eamon walks up to the young man wearing Iomedae's pendant and offers his hand. Greetings! may the Lady of Valor's favor shine upon you this day! I'm Eamon Valda, a fellow clergy member of The Inheritor, I'm pleased to find a fellow worshiper of our Lady of Justice among this rabble... realizing he had gone too far, Eamon quickly interjects, present company excepted I mean.. He flourishes his hand in a manor meant to include everyone at the table. His smile as broad and bright as The Light of the Sword.
must watch your tongue you dolt! These vagabonds could be useful to you someday!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Karayan and then Guillaume had caught Dalen at that awkward point where you already have the fork in your mouth, but haven't closed your mouth to chew. She hesitates, and decides that it was better to finish what she started.

Unfortunately, that allows Eamon time to return and open his mouth.

"Definitely Taldane," she mutters darkly under her breath behind her glass of milk after swallowing her food.

"It's nice to meet you Gulliaume," Dalen says with a smile, determined to be polite even with the pompous blowhard back from wherever he'd gone. "Dalen's the name."

Then turning her attention to Karayan, she gives the man an apologetic smile.

"Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, Karayan. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I think you brought up a good point. If we are going to work together as Pathfinders, we should at least know what we're capable of," she says, then turning to Eamon, she asks, "does my lord wish to go before or after the rabble."

Her smile is warm, even sweet, but her tone is like a wickedly barbed arrow.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

Karayan nods at Dalen

hmm, there is some group dynamics at work here that will work against us if allowed to foster

"Why don't I grab a pot of tea for us all to enjoy while everybody thinks about his strengths. Don't be shy, but you also should not embellish your story. It is likely that we will face combat in our mission, so we all need to be able to rely on one another.

Silver Crusade

male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Dalen Stonestep wrote:
"does my lord wish to go before or after the rabble."

Eamon purse his lips at the girl's slight, it appears the brat took exception to my comment...hmm better make nice. Forgive me Ms....? Eamon bows formally as the honeyed words pour from his lips. I've meant no disrespect to you or anyone else at the table. There are er..certain elements of this crowd that I find undesirable. However, being in the presence of such lovely company as yourself and this lovely Elven maiden, has made these droll moments more tolerable. Eamon pulls out a chair and begins to sit, suddenly jerking himself from the seat before, his bottom touches the chair. Oh...please do forgive me, I forget my manners...may I join you?

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

”Well, my lord,” Dalen says, her voice sharp and barbed with sarcasm, ”I must say that I’m flattered that I am now worthy of your notice, seeing as you left almost as soon as you saw me last time. Dalen Stonestep, at your service.”

She stands and gives Eamon a curtsy, her smile is still pleasant, but her eyes are cold and hard as they stay fixed upon the pompous Iomedaean.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Mi lady,.. Eamon bows again his eyes wandering toward the handsome Elven maiden. I apologize for the abrupt departure, I thought I saw an old acquaintance leaving and I wanted to speak with him before he departed. Eamon takes a breath while flopping down in to the chair informally Alas, more to my shame, it was a case of mistaken identity and I'm more the fool for departing such... Eamon pauses for a moment while searching for the correct word. .... Interesting company. Eamon's eyes again dart to the exotic elf maiden with the snake coiled around her wrist.

After the briefest of moments Eamon gathers his wits again and says Dalen how's the food here? Eamon reaches over the table and offers his hand to Guillaume Eamon Valda of Taldor and your name fellow parishioner of the Inheritor?

Eamon would wait for a response from his fellow worshiper of Iomedae before engaging with others..

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Humans...Doing their human things.

Eredur takes his spellbook fomr his backpack and peruses it, scratching the weasel's head whe she needs too much attention

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Dalen rolls her eyes and sits back down. She didn't believe it for a moment. His manners screamed that he was nobly born, and more than likely, she suspected, it was the "commoner stench" that had sent him running after someone else.

Still, at least he was making an effort to apologize, even if he was making eyes at Shelya.

"The foods pretty good. No pecans or walnuts though," she says before she continues her meal.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Inquisitor 1, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

The discord that had threatened to bubble to the surface here cuts a jangling resonance with Guillaume - whether he had caught the source correctly or not, there was a sense of the friction between noble-born and commonfolk here... the same discord that had run so violently through his home country and set him fighting against people that he would call brother... The Iomedean puts his discomfort to one side though.

We are a long way from Galt now...

...and extending his hand in friendship to those who will take it, "Honoured to make your acquaintance... I am Guillaume of the Iomedean faith. You will forgive my tardiness? I arrived only last night and it has been a long journey".

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

Thankfully, Dalen's timing is a little better this time and her fork is only on its way to her mouth. She puts it down and turns to accept Guillaume's offered hand, grasping it by the forearm in the style of the ulfen. She'd picked it up in Absolom after seeing it and finding she rather preferred the northerners' way of greeting one another.

"There's still flapjacks and other goodies. I'd say that makes you right on time," she says cheerily. His manners are formal, but at least he seems to be a more friendly fellow than Eamon.

Silver Crusade

male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day

Eamon is a bit perturbed as Dalen quickly leans over the table grasping the offered hand that was clearly meant for him. musn't make an issue of it. how could she have anything but frontier manners? Eamon still can't resist taking a veiled barb at her expense though, Well, Guillaume I'm pleased to meet you as well! Tardy or not, it seems you already have ladies all too eager too make your acquaintance! Eamon smiles and winks at Dalen. Your accent seems reminiscent of our northern neighbors..you are from Galt if I'm not mistaken?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

Shelya watches Nikita move her head towards Dalen's extended hand. She brushes against it in a way that a cat might. Satisfied from the contact, she snuggles around Shelya's arm.

"See? I told you she was friendly. The next step will be to hold her." She winks at Dalen, Oh how I love humans. They are scared of such small things. There are creatures much worse than a little viper out in the world. Her attention snaps back to Karayan as she hears her name being mentioned.

"There has to be some fun in adventuring when you can face your death at any moment, Karayan. What's the point of living if you're serious all the time?" Before she could say another word, a young man interrupted. "Good day Guillaume. Welcome," She smiles warmly at the newcomer. Another newcomer approached. Rabble? Oh human.

She listened to the exchange between Dalen and the newcomers. Well these humans have spunk at least. This should be entertaining if we adventure together. She notices Eamon's eyes drift towards her, "Please do join us, Eamon."

She did not miss Eamon's jab at Dalen for accepting the offered hand. "The gentlemen are even more eager to make your acquaintance Guillaume. You must be an interesting person."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

==Earlier==
Dalen smiles as the snake brushes against her hand. She wasn't about to pester Nikita, but she was glad that the snake did indeed seem friendly.

"Sorry, most of the time when you run across snakes in the Border Wood, it's not a good idea to mess with them. I was just surprised to see one as a pet or companion is all," she says before turning back to her breakfast.

==Now==
Dalen couldn't help it. Shelya's barb was too well timed and she lets out a giggle before she manages to get herself under control. She isn't too bothered by Eamon's jab, but it is a reminder that if they were going to be working together, it is going to be unpleasant at times. Shelya's remark reminded her that, perhaps, things wouldn't be so bad.

"Well, I think it's safe to say we're all happy to have you," she says before letting go and turning back to Karayan, and then realizing he's gone.

"Oh, he left to get some tea," she says, now feeling a little awkward and ashamed. She wasn't proud of giving into her cattiness when Eamon had rubbed her the wrong way, but it had happened and she'd have to live with it.

"Well, it seems that Eamon and I are from Taldor, what about everyone else," Dalen asks. "Are you really from Galt, Guillaume?"

Dark Archive

Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

Shelya almost laughs when Dalen giggled, but she kept her composure. "I tend not to settle in one place, Dalen. I like to experience different places." She finishes her breakfast and looks towards the others.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

"The tea should be here shortly" Karayan returns, having asked one of the staff to bring back a pot and just gets Dalen's question.

"I am from further up north, Ustalav to be precise"

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"Ustalav? Did you come through Absolom or did you come straight here," Dalen asks, apparently not interested in any ghost stories.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

More hungry than he had thought himself, Guillaume lets the conversation wash past him for a few minutes saying little more than he does indeed hail from Galt and that he, as some of the others here are, is a long way from home... and despite himself, he blushes several times when the talk moves towards him. Attempting to deflect any interest in himself, he tries to steer the conversation away with banalities, "This is a fine breakfast... I had heard that our host has travelled extensively - it would seem her larder journeyed with her".

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

"I got in from Absalom, where I did some training for the society and did my confirmation. Where did you do your confirmation?"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Shelya wrote:
The gentlemen are even more eager to make your acquaintance Guillaume. You must be an interesting person.

Eamon's eyes narrow slightly at the vulgar attempt at humor on the elf maiden's part. Since he only stood up to grasp Guillaume's hand in greeting...Eamon, cannot readily find a reason, to excuse himself from the table. The beautiful elf maiden may be comely but, her tongue was sharp and ..much as Eamon hated thinking it, He may be over-matched. If you insist kind mistress(refering to her previous offer to join them), every man must rest with snakes from time to time if he wants to get ahead in this life, it is said. Eamon lets that last part linger for the briefest of moments before hurriedly interjecting, I of coarse refer to your friendly little companion! Eamon is once again all smiles...feeling triumphant.

You see in this life you find yourself associating, traveling, and working with all kinds of people and things. You must offer your resources in order to receive the possible aid they may offer to your cause. Sometimes, those people and or things take up the most unusual and un-expected forms..like snakes! Eamon is looking directly at Sheyla when he says these things. Wouldn't you agree mistress ..er...I didn't catch your name?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Inquisitor 1, AC17 T13 FF14, CMD15, F2 R2 W4, Init +2, Perception+4

"For my part, I had hoped to study and be confirmed in Woodsedge of my home country but", Guillaume pauses for a moment as if recalling some unpleasantness, "It was not to be... I was confirmed, eventually, in Oppara. It is from the lodge there, that I have journeyed".

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"I thought you had to travel to Absolom to be confirmed," Dalen says with a shrug, "Traveled there from the Borderwood and spent a few months working for a local brewery before sailing here. I did my confirmation at the lodge in Absolom, which I guess is a good thing. I'm not sure what I would have done if my mother managed to find me in Oppara."

She gives Guillaume a warm smile as she adds, "there's no need to worry. We're all friends here, right?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Wizard 1 Init+2 AC 12 T12 FF10 HP 9/9 Fort+3 Ref+2 Will+2 Pereption+0 Spd 20

Eredur doesn't answer, concentrating on writing new spells in his spellbook, tracing the arcane signs with precision.

Sovereign Court

hp 8/8 AC 14, T 10, FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +0 R +2 W+3 (+2 vs disease or mind, -1 vs pos energy) | Init +0, Bluff +9, Diplo +11, Intimidate +9, Percept +5 | Concentration +5 trick 4/5 | spells 2/2 | charm 0/1 | command 1/1 | reroll 1/1

Karayan is looking at the interaction before him, slowly sipping his tea.

Don't they know we need each other if this next assignment of ours is to be a success"?

Dark Archive

Female Elf Witch 1 (AC: 12 [T: 12 /F: 10]; CMD 12; HP: 7/7; F+2, R+2, W+2; Init: +2; Perc: +2[+4 w/familiar], Low light vision)

Shelya smiles as Eamon speaks. "You do have to be careful with which snakes you lay with. Some of them are very deadly beneath their friendly exterior." She kisses Nikita on top of her head, "But I do agree. Some things take interesting forms... Like humans. I am Shelya, my good sir." She smiles warmly, enjoying the exchange.

She returns her attention to Dalen, "Does your mother not approve? Ahh, the tea is here! I do enjoy a good cup of tea. It is quite hard to find one that is perfect though."

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 || HP: 12/12 | AC: 16/13/13 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +1 (+3 vs. Fear) | Per: +5, Init: +3 | Arrows: 20

"She's tried to marry me off, five times," Dalen grumbles as she slumps onto the table.

Silver Crusade

male Human |+2 INT| +2| Per| AC:18, Tch:13: FF: 15| H.P. 9/9| Fort:+3,Ref:+3.Wil:+4,|spd.30 Cleric 1
spells/abilities:
0lv:Guidance,Resist,Stable,1st:Bless, protect evil,shield faith| channel 6/day 1d6(selective chancel) special: light 1/day| seize init 5/day|honor bound 5/day
Shelya wrote:
But I do agree. Some things take interesting forms... Like humans. I am Shelya, my good sir.

Pleased to meet you fair maid..I um look forward to working with you? Eamon nods and smiles at the elven woman's politeness. He sits down awkwardly wondering who got the best of whom? His eyes fall on a basket of bread and he quickly grabs a piece, stuffing it in his mouth; for the first time in a while, at a loss for words.

1 to 50 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] GM Ladile and the Pathfinder Society Present: Portent's Peril All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.