Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PbP Gameday VI] GM Dennis - #8-99 Solstice Scar (Session 2; Tier 1-2)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

PbP Gameday VI, Session 2 (beginning October 6th 2017)
#8-99 Solstice Scar, Version A

Sign-ups here

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

Please dot in then delete your post.

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

You all find yourselves in Absalom at the Grand Lodge, gathered for the Pathfinder Society's Torchbearing convocation along with thousands of other agents.

As might be expected the Pig's Paunch is crowded this evening, with every available seat at a premium. You all end up crowded together at one table and strike up a conversation.

Please introduce yourselves to each other.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Ifrit Vigilante 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1 | Darkvision

At the table, a man in coquelicot armor beams proudly at his surroundings, the upper half of his face concealed by a mask fashioned in the image of a burning flame."Blessed is he who looks upon such a magnificent sight! So many agents here, ready to travel the world and snuff out its evils! Truly I am honored to count myself among them." He looks at his tablemates, his eyes blazing a bright orange behind his mask. "Greetings, fellow Pathfinders! I am the burning hand of order, Justice Flame!" His introduction raises loud enough to cause a few other tables to glance over, something that seems to slip his notice. Instead he continues with a smile, looking at his companions. "And on this most momentous gathering, who do I have the honor of sharing my cup with?"

Grand Lodge

LN Human Skald 1 | HP: 10/12 2 nonlethal | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +4 SM +0 | Perform 3/11; Spells: 1st 2/2 | cold iron dagger +3 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), mwk earth breaker +4 (2d6+4 /x3), silver heavy mace +3 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

A shorter, thin, and wiry individual sits surveying the crowd, humming idly. A bulging pack on the floor next to them is propped against the handle of a hammer almost as tall as they are.
Thick lines of black tattoos, reminiscent of rocky spires, jut from the collar of their worn hide armor. The ink covers and climbs their throat, curves around their jawline, and transitions to twisting blue lines that curl on their cheeks beneath emerald eyes. Their bright red hair stands atop them like an immobile torch.

Their steady, tuneless humming bubbles into cheerful laughter at Justice Flame's proclamation. They extend a small, weathered hand in greeting.
"I assume your burning hand is a metaphor, and that this won't hurt!" They exchange a firm handshake with Justice Flame. "Oiur, good to meet you."

They encompass the room with a sweep of their left arm.
"Honestly, I just sort of... showed up to this event. I've never been to a 'torchbearing convocation,' nor do I particularly know what one is. Do any of you?"
They turn back to their tablemates, crimson eyebrows arching over inquisitive green eyes in curiosity.


"I know not of this 'Torchbearing Convocation,' but I shall offer my comrades my full support regardless!" Without much cause, Justice Flame raises his mug and shouts "Aye, aye!!" in an attempt to raise some cheers from the surrounding crowd.

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★
@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.
@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

You have a pleasant evening in the Pig's Paunch, meeting new people and unwinding from the day. The next morning brings the final day of the convocation.

--------------------------------------

The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge: Members Only!:
If you are a member of the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge (by possessing the vanity of the same name from page 61 of Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide), you can attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of hero’s feast for the duration of Part 1. Each player character with this vanity can invite one guest (such as another PC or an animal companion) to gain the benefits, too.

During the annual Torchbearing, the Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of seminars and panel discussions, from Golarion’s history to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon. Rumor has it, Janira Gavix offered an unauthorized but popular filking class for aspiring bards and other social misfits under 30--inches, not years. You also heard some salacious gossip about an exclusive, late-night VIP experience Zarta Dralneen arranged for some her favorites. According to one hungover Pathfinder who claimed to have been there, a disgruntled Drandle Dreng was turned away at the door.

Speaking of the imp, ever the social butterfly and self-appointed mentor-to-the-masses, the halfling bard Janira Gavix approaches your small group. “Hi, friends. It’s been awhile since last we met. Have you enjoyed the Torchbearing? I volunteered to organize all the classes again this year. Kreighton Shaine always said I should have been a teacher. Did you learn anything useful?”

Janira looks over her shoulder as she catches sight of another group of Pathfinders refilling their tankards at the grog bowl. “Oh, those are some more students of mine!” She bounces on her toes as she waves at the group and they wave back. “Excuse me? I’ll need to check in with them too!” Pleased that you appreciated her pedagogical efforts, she excuses herself with a smile and moves on.

Each of you should choose one skill. For the duration of this adventure, you will either treat it as a class skill or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it was already a class skill.

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #1-----

You learn all of the information whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) check.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) DC 15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) DC 20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) DC 25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

Grand Lodge

LN Human Skald 1 | HP: 10/12 2 nonlethal | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +4 SM +0 | Perform 3/11; Spells: 1st 2/2 | cold iron dagger +3 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), mwk earth breaker +4 (2d6+4 /x3), silver heavy mace +3 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

As with most things in life, Oiur learned by doing, and the Torachbearing's purpose became clear after their first panel discussion. They were particularly attracted to the the variety of seminars on extraplanar travel and relations. Chose Knowledge (Planes) for my one skill.
Unfortunately, given their relatively short tenure as a Pathfinder, the whole occasion proved to be a bit... overwhelming. While the panels were informative and they learned plenty, the usually outgoing Oiur spent most of their time holed up away from their fellow Society members.

After Janira Garvix's enthusiastic appearance and quick departure, they sigh.
"You know, she seemed perfectly pleasant, but I've lost count of the number of times during this convocation that people've assumed I knew something—or someone—that I absolutely did not." They run a hand through their short red hair and shake their head, hopefully knocking loose any lingering dejectedness in the process.
It seems to work, and they grin as they whisper conspiratorially to their companions. "I do know Drandle Dreng. Woke me up in the middle of the night to send me to Isger. Must've done something similar to Zarta Dralneen, because I heard he got turned away from her soirée!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

Stonelance gives a brief smile, seeing the Janira was, well still Janira.

"Dreng?" says Stonlance turning towards Oiur "Can't say I am surprised. A strange fellow, though given is affection for disguises perhaps even a lower whisper is in order." Stonlance than looks around conspiratorially,

Grand Lodge

Male LG Ifrit Vigilante 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1 | Darkvision

Justice listens intently to the small halfling's words and lets out a boisterous laugh when she scurries away. "It warms my heart to see a soul overflowing with such energy! Come comrades, Let us see what information there is to be harvested from our allies!"

Justice pushes his way into the crowd, chatting with other Pathfinders and seeing what he can learn. Diplomacy, Gather Information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He can't manage to glean any useful info, but that does nothing to dampen the hero's spirits. He didn't walk away entirely fruitless, he did learn yet another tool to strike fear into the heart of villainy!

Intimidation +1 for my chosen skill.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"It seems like lately all I do as a pathfinder is attend social functions. I just returned from a merchant's wake I attended representing the society. Now this festival, I might think about selling my chain shirt and buying a more fashionable wardrobe." The speaker is an elf with green eyes and blond hair. He seems youthful, but who can tell with elves. He is dressed in brown and black traveling clothes with many pockets topped off with a chain shirt over the lot. "I'm Haska, a wanderer who lucked into the society." "I have been mostly busy away from Absolum and don't know very many people in the society." "But I will walk around and listen to see if I hear anything useful."

diplomacy to gather info: 1d20 ⇒ 8

How does this chosen skill work? If I choose a knowledge skill I don't have ranks in, does that mean I can attempt it and get higher than a 10. Or is it only useful to choose something you have a rank in and that is not a class skill to get the +3 for it now being a class skill?
All in all, I think knowledge nature is the one for which I will take +1 adjustment

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

There is a handout with this next post. It's up now, in the Maps & Handouts link at the top of the page (and soon to be in my bio)

@Haska: It just means treat it as a class skill, meaning you get an extra +3 if you have a rank in it.

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #2-----
As the Pathfinders conclude the dessert course, a small origami swan flutters through the room and lands on the center of the table. In moments, it unfolds itself into a crisp and crease-less piece of paper.

You know all of the information about the Blakros family whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (nobility) check.

Knowledge (nobility) DC 10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well-known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

Knowledge (nobility) DC 15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

Knowledge (nobility) DC 20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

You know all of the information about the Blakros museum whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

Knowledge (local) DC 10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

Knowledge (local) DC 15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

Knowledge (local) DC 20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

Knowledge (local) DC 25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

You know all of the information about Nigel Aldain whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

Knowledge (local) DC 10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

Knowledge (local) DC 15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

Knowledge (local) DC 20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

Knowledge (local) DC 25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.

Please roll separate checks for each topic.

Grand Lodge

LN Human Skald 1 | HP: 10/12 2 nonlethal | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +4 SM +0 | Perform 3/11; Spells: 1st 2/2 | cold iron dagger +3 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), mwk earth breaker +4 (2d6+4 /x3), silver heavy mace +3 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur's look of delighted surprise turns to thin-lipped bemusement. They harumph, set down their tiny spoon, wipe their mouth, then push their custard and napkin towards the center of the table.

"When the Venture-Captain says hop to, I suppose we'd best. At least it's not the middle of the night! "

They stand, musing aloud. "Haven't dealt with the Blakros family yet, but I know their museum's been closed for months readying for this "Legacy of the Shining Crusade" exhibit. Nigel Aldain's the curator—a former Pathfinder who married his way into the position thanks to one Dhrami Blakros. And if we hadn't had enough gossip for one day, I hear his museum hasn't been doing so well, and his old friends in the Society are getting a bit tired of bailing him out."

They cluck their tongue and tap a thumb against one tattooed cheek. "Which is interesting, because I've heard he's spent a small fortune in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and the Golemworks in Magnimar." They hum pensively. "A not insignificant piece of which must've been shipping costs for those golems. It's a long way from Varisia to Absalom..."

They snap back to the present and twist a corner of their mouth sheepishly. "Sorry! Rambled on there for a bit, hopefully I didn't say too much you all already knew!"

Their face brightens with sudden realization. "We've been invited into Skyreach!"

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.

“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You have until October 15 to run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose.

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

If you have not chosen your bonus skill, please do so right now and post your selection.

Dark Archive

Male Human Magus 1 | HP 10/10(11) | 3/3 AP | AC (14 Ragesong)15(19), T 11, FF 14(18) (Shield)| Fort +3(+4 Ragesong), Ref +1, Will +3(+4 Ragesong) | CMB 3, CMD 114 | Spd 30' | Perc +1 | Init +1

I'll be taking knwl. Arcane
As the echoes of the Venture-captains booming voice dies down, loud metalic clangs erupt from behind. Over a fallen suit of armor stands a rather panicked looking young man. With long black hair, brown eyes and loose fitting clothes, he is clearly a local, and were he a little less panicked he might even pass for one of the pathfinders. He desperately scans the crowd, and does a halfhearted effort to blend inn and avoid the Venture-Captains glare. Seeing the others, he makes his way over to them and without a word pretends to have been there all along.


Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
"The Blackrose!" Justice snaps his fingers at Oiur. "Of course I've heard of them! The Black Cross is an esteemed err... party here in Absalom! Truly deserving of our respect, no doubt." Justice chuckles, making little attempt to hide his ignorance.
Knowledge Local: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
At Oiur's mention of the museum he pipes up, "I've actually been through the museum before, chasing a wretched villain through Wise District. I thought I had him cornered when he ran into the tiny building, but don't be fooled! The inside of the museum is much larger than its deceptively small outward appearance." Justice makes an elaborate motion with his hands, an exaggerated gesture of storytelling. "It took me an age to find him disguised as one of the exhibits amongst its many halls!"
Knowledge Local: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
He continues with a laugh, his hands firmly on his hips. "As for this Nigel bloke, I've never heard of him!" He slaps an endearing hand on the back of Oiur, hard enough to give them a solid push. "My thanks for the briefing comrade, your fount of knowledge truly runs deep! I am honored to call you my ally! With a mind as sharp as your own, we'll outwit any evils in our way!"

Justice turns to face the newcomer, his warm smile greeting Alphonze. "What's this, another sword amongst our ranks! Will our blessings never cease?" The eccentric knight reaches out, taking the young man hand in a firm handshake.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"This Blakros, from what you describe sounds like an interdimensional space. It must be loaded with magic. Let's hope we can help this Nigel fellow and save some relics also." Haska checks his pack and adjusts a few things. "Well, I think I am ready to go if you all are."

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

Dozens of Wise District guards surround the Blakros Museum. The sergeant nods to Ambrus Valsin as he approaches, a subtle smirk dancing across the venture-captain’s face. The museum itself is alight with swirling whorls of color and the sounds of metal and stone clashing. Occasionally, brief flashes of light burst from the front entrance, illuminating a toppled banner that says “Legacy of the Shining Crusade.”

The broad-shouldered, middle-aged Ulfen man salutes, a somewhat bemused expression on his face. “Well met, Venture-Captain Valsin. I am Svaralk of Asleifar, Sergeant of the Learned Guard. The Guard appreciates your assistance.” He points to his subordinates, “Our initial attempt to quell the animated relics within failed. I’ve ordered the Guard to withdraw and form a perimeter.”

Ambrus Valsin returns the sergeant’s salute, a gesture of mutual respect. “You once served in Grand Prince Stavian III’s Ulfen Guard, did you not?”

Svaralk nods, “That’s right. Afterwards, I retired to Absalom and have served this city for seven years. This is not the first catastrophe I’ve responded to at the Blakros Museum, though none has been quite so dramatic as this. As if anyone needed further proof of the museum’s reputation for trouble.”

The Ulfen confides to the Venture-Captain, “After Nigel Aldain harangued me for dereliction of duty in not immediately retaking the museum, I’m in no rush to sacrifice the lives under my command until the warring creatures inside wear each other down.” He holds up a hand and shakes his head, “I don’t hold Nigel Aldain’s outburst against him. I recognize the elf is rightfully concerned—albeit rather precious—about his exhibit.”

Svaralk turns to your team of Pathfinders and says, “Before you enter, I can provide you an overview of the museum’s layout and tell you that there are animated relics and guard animals on the ground level, and clockwork creatures skirmishing with each other on the floor above. We also have an especially challenging problem in the gardens at the southeast corner of the museum grounds. Some kind of magical runes displaying swarm-like behavior, more magical devices really than living creatures. They proved too complicated a challenge for me and my guards; we simply lacked the skills to disable them.”

Your choice: Ground floor, upper floor, or garden (which you were told is 'especially challenging')? I'll go with the first suggestion that gets seconded by another player.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Paladin 1

A young man in clad armor runs after the group.
”Wait for me!” he cries.
By the fluffiness of the lion! he thinks. The three masters surely look down on me now. I am so late. There must be no more food now.

” Hi!” he introduces himself. ” I am Theodore Steven Arthur Joseph Antony the Third, but you can call me Babine. I was assigned to this table. I am sorry. My training finished later than it was supposed to be and I then, they said said to me. I must be at the.. black museum or something.?

Babine breaths in a forceful manner to calm himself before continuing.
” Anyway, where the food?"

Class skill- Use magic device

Grand Lodge

Male LG Ifrit Vigilante 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1 | Darkvision

The hero listens intently, a hand on his chin as if deep in thought. "I lack the knowledge necessary to deal with such unusual foes in the garden, my blade is better spent on breathing foes."

He turns to face his allies, expression hidden behind his helm. "What do you think?"

When his final ally arrives, Justice places an armored hand on his shoulder. "Welcome, young one. With yet another blade at our side, truly the fiends have no chance!"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Paladin 1
JUSTICE FLAME! wrote:

The hero listens intently, a hand on his chin as if deep in thought. "I lack the knowledge necessary to deal with such unusual foes in the garden, my blade is better spent on breathing foes."

He turns to face his allies, expression hidden behind his helm. "What do you think?"

When his final ally arrives, Justice places an armored hand on his shoulder. "Welcome, young one. With yet another blade at our side, truly the fiends have no chance!"

Fiends... What he is talking about? Babine wonders. Probably about some big turkey to cut.

"Yeah! Fiends to cut!"Babine exclaims.

Then, he draws an harmonica. "But I prefer to play music."he add in a soft tone. " My mentor says I have a talent for that."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Paladin 1

"Let's enter. Food is waiting." Babine says.

He walks toward the museum observing the chaos.

The society must loves to spend money. Those decorations must have cost an arm or two.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7
JUSTICE FLAME! wrote:

The hero listens intently, a hand on his chin as if deep in thought. "I lack the knowledge necessary to deal with such unusual foes in the garden, my blade is better spent on breathing foes."

He turns to face his allies, expression hidden behind his helm. "What do you think?"

Stonelance looks up from making one last adjustment on his crossbow. "I am not sure how my bolts would fare against such creatures. If we secure the ground floor it might give us a tactical advantage in securing the rest of the museum."

Stonelance returns his gaze to his weapon doing one last final examination before loading a bolt. "What ever decision we make, we best be quick about."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"I don't know about you, but I think Mr. Flame is right. I do much better facing things that die when we... I mean... you all stab them. How about we start on the 1st floor."

Does Babine have any idea what is going on? "Babine, you do know the museum has no food and is under attack from its own guardians?" "We are here to save relics and possibly help apprehend the villians that started this trouble."

Grand Lodge

Male LG Ifrit Vigilante 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1 | Darkvision

Anyone with a sharp eye can immediately notice an almost instinctual twitch when Haska says "Villain."

"Perhaps the lad is just eager to begin burning through the evil that plagues our fair city! I share his fiery enthusiasm, and time is of the essence. If anyone has a plan, they'd best share it quickly, for my blade seeks to end this villainy!"

Justice begins to run after Babine, approaching the doors of the museum.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"Yes, yes ground floor." "I think I said 1st floor but I meant ground floor." "Animated relics and animal guardians are good, clockwork guardians and ruin swarms are bad." "Sorry to have added to the confusion; let us get started."

Haska starts moving towards the front door after the others.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Paladin 1

Babine is dumbfounded by the elf's explanation.

"Whaat? But, but I have not eat anything since noon!"

Pointing the museum, he adds "So that mean Mr.Elf that this is not a trending restaurant called The black museum but an actual museum?"

Oh my! I would have look like such a fool inside!

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

LN Human Skald 1 | HP: 10/12 2 nonlethal | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +4 SM +0 | Perform 3/11; Spells: 1st 2/2 | cold iron dagger +3 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), mwk earth breaker +4 (2d6+4 /x3), silver heavy mace +3 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

Oiur nods. "First floor, then. I have flasks of fire and acid in my pack should we come across stranger threats." Their green eyes twinkle when they look at Babine. "Not good to drink, I'm afraid." 1 alchemist's fire, 2 flasks of acid

They pat their belt pouch. "And a wand and potions if anyone's injured." wand of cure light wounds, 2 potions of cure light wounds

"You'll find out soon enough, but I sing when I fight. My song is an offer of strength, and a certain kind of focus. You can accept it if you wish; it is your choice, and you will feel how to make it when the time comes."
"In the meantime..." They shoulder their massive hammer. "Sergeant. Venture-Captain. I believe we have a job to do."

Grand Lodge

Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

Under a sign that reads “The Shining Armory,” priceless Shining Crusade artifacts displayed on pedestals creak and move by some unseen force. Eerie light seems to dart between the objects while the din of a raging battle echoes throughout the chamber. The central feature is a low, artificial hill atop which stand two stuffed owlbears surrounded by shattered undead foes. Each of the beasts wears chainmail barding and an orange-and-black caparison depicting a stylized owlbear.

Above the display flies a banner emblazoned with the symbol of Iomadae. It flaps and flutters as if moved by a strong breeze that none of you can detect.

A dead man dressed in furs lies on the floor before a suit of full-plate armor.

As you approach the display, the banner flies free, moving of its own accord in a strangely menacing way!

-----

Knowledge (arcana) DC 13:
SHINING CRUSADE BANNER
You know for sure that a normal banner cannot move by himself. Even less when it is trying to attack you. One thing for sure, this animated object move like it was haunted. Like it is a part of the will of the Shining Crusade.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

-----

Initiative:

Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Haska: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Justice: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Stonelance: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Babine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Alphonze: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Banner: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Roll off:
Haska: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Babine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Initiative, round 1:

  • Oiur
  • Haska
  • Babine
  • Stonelance
  • Banner
  • Alphonze
  • JUSTICE FLAME!

    Oiur, Haska, Babine, and Stonelance may act!

  • Grand Lodge

    LN Human Skald 1 | HP: 10/12 2 nonlethal | AC: 16 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 15 |F: +3, R: +2, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +4 SM +0 | Perform 3/11; Spells: 1st 2/2 | cold iron dagger +3 (1d4+3 /19-20x2), mwk earth breaker +4 (2d6+4 /x3), silver heavy mace +3 (1d8+3) | Active Conditions: inspired rage |

    Oiur is barely able to take in the scene befor the banner flies into the air.
    ”The way it moves, that light - like it’s haunted, part of some greater will related to the Shining Crusade!”

    At its approach, they begin a low, resonant drone that pours from their throat to fill the room. They begin to pound their hammer into the museum’s floor.

    Its steady rhythm stokes a fire in them and their companions.

    Standard: begin inspired rage, any who accept it get a +2 morale bonus to Str/Con, +1 morale to Will saves, and a -1 to AC. They cannot concentrate and have the same skill restrictions as a barbarian’s rage.
    Move: On phone and can’t update the map, Oiur will move towards the threat and potentially set up to flank with allies.

    Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

    Silver Crusade

    Male LG Paladin 1

    I don't like what this song is saying. This pretty violent

    I will not take it.

    Grand Lodge

    Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

    Babine, I see you moved your pawn. Are you taking a standard action as well? Or readying an action?

    Silver Crusade

    Male LG Paladin 1

    don't know why my post erased.

    A Banner... Wow... This is soooo dangerous. thinks Babine with sarcasm. I think i am starting to doubt the competence of the Curator.

    Babine walks and throws a javelin at the banner.

    attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

    Oiur begins to sing as they move forward, their hammer keeping time on the museum floor. Though he's not present, you can almost hear the anguished cries of Nigel Aldain at the sight of the cracked tiles they leave behind.

    Babine hurls a javelin at the banner, tearing a hole through it and causing it to recoil! That seemed to do full damage.

    Haska and Stonelance are up.

    Grand Lodge

    male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

    Haska looks hard at the animated banner. Does it apear to be a reluc or just a museum created advertisement?

    perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    He will then move forward pulling out a dagger to stand behind Oiur.

    No rage for Haska please. Also on phone. Movement help would be appreciated. Else i will do it in a few hours.

    "This might be one of the relics we are supposed to save. Can we pin it or cage it?."

    Liberty's Edge

    M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

    Stonelance takes a quick step forward so his view of the banner is unobstructed by his fellow pathfinders. Raising his crossbow to his shoulder, he quickly puts the banner in his sights and gently pulls the trigger.

    crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
    damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

    "Cage it?" Stonelance asks incredulously before chuckling "Maybe we can scare by waving an iron at it?"

    Grand Lodge

    Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

    @Haska: It's difficult to tell too much about it as it flaps around, but it appears to be old, part of the collection rather than a recent creation.

    Stonelance fires at the banner, but it flaps to the side just as the bolt approaches.

    The banner flutters forward on the unseen breeze, attempting unsuccessfully to wrap itself around Oiur when it gets within 10ft of them.

    Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

    Initiative, round 1/2:

  • Oiur
  • Haska
  • Babine
  • Stonelance
  • Banner 5 damage
  • Alphonze
  • JUSTICE FLAME!

    Whole party may act!

  • Silver Crusade

    Male LG Paladin 1

    Wow... Could this be an evil Banner?

    "Hey, do you think this is an evil banner? "says Babine in a innocent tone. " Because my mentor says I must fight evil."

    He approches the banner and attacks with a dagger.

    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
    damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Grand Lodge

    Male LG Ifrit Vigilante 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception -1, Sense Motive -1 | Darkvision

    "Blast this armor, the fiend is just out of my reach!" Justice shouts his frustration at being so close yet so far.
    "Fight me you coward, and be burned to cinders by the flame of Justice!"

    Intimidate Demoralize, Fiery Gaze: 10 + 9 = 19
    Save=10+HD+WIS

    Probably immune to fear effects though.

    Silver Crusade

    Male LG Paladin 1
    JUSTICE FLAME! wrote:
    "Blast this armor, the fiend is just out of my reach!" Justice shouts his frustration at being so close yet so far. "Fight me you coward, and be burned to cinders by the flame of Justice!" Intimidate Demoralize, Fiery Gaze: 10 + 9 = 19 Save=10+HD+WIS Probably immune to fear effects though.

    "Wow Mr.Flame!"exclaims Babine with star into his eyes. "Are you one of those mystical warriors that protect the weak with divine power? "

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Magus 1 | HP 10/10(11) | 3/3 AP | AC (14 Ragesong)15(19), T 11, FF 14(18) (Shield)| Fort +3(+4 Ragesong), Ref +1, Will +3(+4 Ragesong) | CMB 3, CMD 114 | Spd 30' | Perc +1 | Init +1

    I'll be having me some of that rage.

    Hearing Oiurs drone, Alphonze seems to momentarily sink into a trance. He stands for a moment, all sound apart from Oiurs voice and the hammers thuds vanishing into the background. His heartbeat seems to synchronize with the steady beat, and as they become one, he charges forth, past his allies and leaps at the banner.

    I move to the banner and attack it.

    Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

    Haska pulls out a dagger and moves forward. He throws the dagger with little hope of hitting.

    dagger throw with range and melee penalty: 1d20 + 5 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 - 4 = 12
    damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    "That banner is old." "But damaging it may be unavoidable."

    Liberty's Edge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Human bolt ace 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 19; Tch 15; FF 14 | F +3; R +6; W +3 | CMB +1; CMD 17 | Init +6 | Perc +7

    Stonelance takes a quick step forward and moves the crossbow to his shoulder,
    finding a moment in time when the other pathfinders movements leave a path open between him and the banner, he seizes that moment and gently squeezes the trigger.

    crossbow (pbs): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9
    damage (pbs): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    "Sights 4 notches left" mutters the crossbowman, something between a curse and mental note.

    Grand Lodge

    Glass River Rescue | Solstice Scar | Aid Token

    JUSTICE FLAME! tries to frighten the flapping banner, to no visible effect. Stonelance and Haska fire on it from a distance, but neither is able to hit the erratically moving target. Babine swipes at it with a dagger without success. Alphonze, however, is able to connect with his scimitar, leaving a ragged hole in the banner.

    Botting for Oiur:
    Oiur continues their song, stepping forward and swinging their earth breaker in time with the rhythm.
    attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14

    confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    crit x3: 4d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 2) + 10 = 27

    Tired of fighting this flag and ready to move on to more important matters, Oiur's mighty swing crushes the cloth against the floor, where it remains, lifeless as any normal banner would be.

    Well, that was quick! Out of combat.

    -----

    As the dust settles , you can hear more commotion from other parts of the museum. Ahead of you are some closed doors, while off to the left you hear some barking and growling, followed by a loud metallic thump. As you move forward, you can see into that portion of this floor.

    Long shadows cast by ruined displays and broken furniture litter the floor. A humanoid-shaped figure made of shattered clockwork lies slumped over a bench. Above, an elaborately painted sign reads “Crusader’s Chronicles.” Next to the slumped clockwork creature are four dogs, growling and wary. One is obviously larger and more dangerous-looking than the others. As you come into view their eyes lock onto you and the growl grows louder.
    -----

    Knowledge (nature) DC 10:
    DOGS
    They are more confused and afraid from the chaos around them. Nonetheless, they are aggressive.
    For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

    Knowledge (nature) DC 11:
    ALPHA DOG
    That is a big dog. Perfect for a halfling to ride on it. Now, it is just trying guard the place.

    For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

    Dark Archive

    Male Human Magus 1 | HP 10/10(11) | 3/3 AP | AC (14 Ragesong)15(19), T 11, FF 14(18) (Shield)| Fort +3(+4 Ragesong), Ref +1, Will +3(+4 Ragesong) | CMB 3, CMD 114 | Spd 30' | Perc +1 | Init +1

    Coming down from the high of Ouirs song, Alphonze shakes off the last remains of of its effects. "Whew, that was quite something." He laughs. "You'll have to explain in detail how that magic of yours works when we finish up here. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it"

    Grand Lodge

    male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

    Haska quickly retrieves his dagger an returns to the group. As he does he congratulates Oiur. "That was a brilliant stroke with your hammer. I bet the banner can even be mended and be back on display without too much trouble."

    As the group sees and hears the dogs, Haska sizes them up.
    know dogs: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
    AC and Hit dice. One roll for both?

    Silver Crusade

    Male LG Paladin 1

    "Oh! Doggy! They are so cute! Can I pat them?"

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Grand Lodge

    male Alchemist 2, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 17/17, BAB1,CMB1, CMD14(15), Fort +4, Ref+6(+8), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 2 (4XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

    "Babine, that is probably not a good idea. They are frightened and aggressive. One may be a mount for a halfling and is larger and stronger."

    1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VI] GM Dennis - #8-99 Solstice Scar (Session 2; Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.